• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Expand-A-Character!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Link Alts

1. Tears Of The Kingdom Link
2. Gerudo Vai Set Link
3. Snowquill Set Link
4. Climber Set Link
5. Hyrule Warriors Link (Hero's Clothes)
6. Master Wind Waker Hero's Clothes
7. Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack Hero's Clothes
8. Link's Awakening Pack Hero's Clothes

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shade alts
  1. Default
  2. Bright Green Armour (based on living Link)
  3. Violet Armour (based on Zelda)
  4. Purple and black armour (based on Poe)
  5. Dark red armour
  6. Dark blue armour
  7. Unrusted silver armour
  8. Unrusted golden armour (based loosely on his wolf form)
  9. Orange bones and red armour (based on Stalfos from Link's Awakening DX)
  10. White bones and black/blue armour (based on OOT Stalfos)
  11. White bones and purple/red amour (Based on the Stalfos pirate captain from Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
  12. Samurai concept (same colours as default, has bones)
  13. Dark Red armour Samurai
  14. Dark Green armour Samurai
  15. Dark Blue armour Samurai
  16. Bright Red armour Samurai

1. Andy's Factory
  2. Orson's Workshop

I have also retroactively added Hero's Shade to two of my Spirit Battles

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gonna start updating the thread earlier in the day

My Hero's Shade alts will be used

Statis will be Link's back special

1. Green Biker Dude's Garage
  2. Timber's Garage = 1
  3. Orson's Workshop = 2
  4. Andy's Factory = 5
Andy's Factory will be the replacement for Funky's Master Spirit

1. Andy's Factory
  2. Orson's Workshop
Honorable mention to Timber.

Link Alts
  1. TwiPrincess Design (model swap)
  2. TwiPrincess - Goron Tunic (red)
  3. TwiPrincess - Hero's Clothes (yellow)
  4. TwiPrincess - Gray Tunic
  5. Hyrule Warriors design (model swap)
  6. Warriors - Trainee Tunic
  7. Warriors - Zora Tunic (blue)
  8. Warriors - Master Quest Hero's Clothes (purple)
Link Alts

1. Tears Of The Kingdom Link
2. Gerudo Vai Set Link
3. Snowquill Set Link
4. Climber Set Link
5. Hyrule Warriors Link (Hero's Clothes)
6. Master Wind Waker Hero's Clothes
7. Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack Hero's Clothes
8. Link's Awakening Pack Hero's Clothes
Please vote here for Link's alts

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 2 echo fighters for Samus!
Please submit up to 2 echo fighters for Samus! We'll vote on the top 2, and I'll decide which to assign to Samus and which to assign to Dark Samus.

Submit a stage for Samus!

Submit a stage for Dark Samus!

You can submit one for both if you desire

Last edited:
Samus stage submission:
Kraid's Lair (Metroid Dread)
1675605652664.png

Kraid's lair is a recurring location from Metroid series and it's a place where big boy Kraid resides. Also this is the place where Samus fights him throught games.
This time, it would be based on Metroid Dread, a recent entry from Metroid series on Nintendo switch.

It would take place at Kraid's Lair, but in dread style! The stage could be mix of flat DF and top arena layout from Dread itself. The stage hazard is chained Kraig itself, the stage boss of the stage, where you fight! He appears on right side of stage or in background, stomping while roof is falling down and Lava is rising that gives burn to players.
Since he is stage boss, you can kill him with range attacks. He also attacks with spikes from belly to damage players from right side or background or scratches them.

I know we have Kraid on Brinstar Depths, but since we have Great Fox on 2 stages, so why not have Kraid on second stage?

Music:
Kraid's Lair - Metroid (NES)
Kraid's theme - Super Metroid
Title theme - Metroid Dread
Kraid's theme - Metroid Dread

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DS stage: Xbox Laboratory

The laboratory depicted on the iconic Xbox opening - the lighting on this stage is extremely dark, however, in the middle of the stage is a blob - the blob becomes bigger and smaller over time, as it's the stage's light source it will make the stage brighter as it gets bigger and darker as it gets smaller. Walking through the blob deals damage, the bigger it is the more damage it deals. You can make out a fog and the dashboard wireframe background.
811425E6-91D5-405D-9473-AE1A4FC8BEC5.jpeg

1. Demo Disc - Official Xbox 360 Magazine UK
  2. Demo Disc - Official Xbox Magazine UK
  3. One Final Effort - Halo 3
  4. Rock Solid - Conker: Live and Reloaded

Samus echo: Tails

A mixture echo primarily based on Samus, but with a forward tilt from Mewtwo, a forward air based on Mewtwo's back air, and a dash attack + full set of Smash attacks from Sonic, He has 6 jumps, and his Up B keeps him suspended in air as opposed to going up. He doesn't go into ball mode for his down special, but does still plant a bomb straight down. He's not as fast on the ground as you'd expect from a Sonic character, but he's still faster than Samus and has a slow fall speed + fast air speed, allowing him to pull off some crazy combos using the projectile-based kit. (no pun intended) He's not very strong either.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Samus Echo: Mega Man X (just X for short)

My first cross-series echo in this thread, and someone very well worthy of the role as an echo for Samus. Plus, it'd be cool to have a Mega Man whose moveset isn't the epitome of Namco-era moveset design gone unchecked.

As for changes...
  • X would emote and vocalize, unlike Samus.
  • X's cannon shoots energy blasts for his normals unlike Samus' fire effects.
  • X's down tilt gives him a sliding kick like his original games. (Samus' dash attack is PERFECT for X, so I'm keeping that.)
  • X's smash attacks are where most of the obligatory Maverick abilities can go. Like I said, I don't want every move to be one, but the smash attacks and specials are fair game IMO.
  • X's tether grab makes use of the Strike Chain rather than a grapple beam.
  • X's Neutral Special and Side Special are the X Buster and Homing Torpedo respectively. They're exactly like the Charge Shot and Missiles aside from visual/attribute differences.
    • (if we end up giving samus the ice beam as a special x will probably get something similar)
  • X's Up Special is Rising Fire - He shoots a fiery projectile beneath himself, propelling himself upwards. It's like a one-use version of Robin's Up Special.
    • i was so close to submitting the shoryuken for this
  • X's Down Special is the Lightning Web. He places down a web which hovers where it was placed. A few seconds later, the web emits electric energy, dealing multiple hits of damage to caught opponents.
    • This was originally the Triad Thunder in an early version of this post, but I swapped it out.
Samus Stage: Pyrosphere

I mean... it's just Pyrosphere. Really not too much more that needs to be said. However, Ridley's stage boss role is occupied by Neo-Ridley. As for music...

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Samus stage: Metroidvania

Art by Andry Deynekin
That's right, we're taking the name literally. This is a vampiric alien castle, floating by the crushed debris of the planet it used to call home, a strange fleshy fauna has englulfed the abandoned palace, which you fight in in the midst of a storm. It's music list takes from both, Metroid and Castlevania. Candles appear to obtain items from. Creatures from both series appear in the background
Red = soft platform
Yellow = fleshy organism platform - you can stand on it, but you'll slowly fall through it. You can use your ground attacks while falling through it, but once release you'll be helpless. You can single-jump out of it just fine no matter how deep you are
Black = hard platform

The soft platforms are metallic, the bottom hard platforms are what was once the base of the castle, while the top is the ceiling. It's a big stage, but with a rather simple layout
C6BDD023-EFDA-4685-A324-DF692338F5AA.jpeg

1. Metroidvania
  2. Divine Bloodlines (Eurobeat Style)
  3. Item Room Ambience
  4. Phendrana Drifts Depths (New Remix)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Echoes

Cuphead (Cuphead)

A smaller and faster Samus that is also squishier. Some of the animations are also tweaked/change to fit Cuphead's character and the source game a bit better

Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts)

A major member of Organization XIII, The only differences he has from samus is some animations include 2 guns, Up special is just a simple teleport and down special is more like Mii Gunner's.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since we haven't recieved any Samus spirits yet... Like Fable, this is a series I lack familiarity with - tell me if I got anyhing wrong.

Master Chief
Legend

Stage: Omega Corneria
Opponents: Green Samus, dark blue Zero Suit Samus
Song: Break Through the Ice
Rules: Samus has a Rage Blaster, ZSS is invincible

Red & Blue Spartans
Ace

Stage: Bridge of Eldin (Hazards off)
Allies: Default Samus x 14
Opponent: Fusion Suit colour Samus x 15
Song: Sector 1
Rules: Defeat all foes to win, gun and explosive items will spawn in batch, occasionally everyone will turn invisible

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Samus Echo: SA-X

differences in Samus and SA-X

-SA-X have same samus' design but having different colors in the armor
-SA-X is lighter than Samus
-Side Smash and Up Smash have different animations and hitboxes, the Side Smash SA-X's arm cannon opens in four parts and closes it and Up Smash comes a tentacle on SA-X's arm cannon
-the plasma beam of SA-X is yellow

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Ravenbeak (Echo)

Noxus (Echo) Considered Sylux but thought Noxus might be a better fit since he seems to have a slightly more similar model to Samus.

Think Ravenbeak would be slower & more powerful with Noxus being faster but less powerful than whatever Samus they are an echo of.

Brinstar Escape Shaft

Melee adventure stage converted into an infinite climbing stage like icicle mtn & rumble falls.

Songs https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzj826NzvMA
Dread
EMMI Chase
Kraid Encounter
Raven Beak Encounter

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sugoroku (Samurai Shodown)

Just a random guy I discovered while researching characters with cannons. Thought he was awesome.

Differences from Samus:
  • Overall stats see him as qutie a bit heavier, noticeably slower, and much more competent of a melee fighter than Samus.
  • Side B is a command grab where he traps the opponent in his comically large cannon, and from there can shoot them left, right, or up a la K. Rool's Blunderbuss.
  • Smash attacks have him swing the cannon around
  • Neutral B has firework effects rather than energy effects.
  • Up B has him shoot himself out of the canon, not too unlike Samus'. It's quite powerful and fast, but if you get hit out of it, you're helpless (much like the Koopalings Up B).
  • Down B is a firework that sets off after a few seconds, he does curl up into a ball for this and it looks very funny
  • He's a big goofy guy
Prompto (Final Fantasy)

One of my all-time favorite characters.

Differences from Samus:
  • Much lighter, a little bit faster, and quite nimble in the air.
  • Prompto has a pistol by default (used in Fair, Usmash, etc), but summons an RPG for Side B and a minigun for Neutral B.
  • Side B only has the Super variant, no Homing Missile equivalent.
  • The minigun fire does chip damage from a distance (no knockback) and works like a more powerful Mii Gunner Fsmash up close.
  • He has a teleport Up B where he tosses his pistol in the direction held and then warps to it. This is actually something only Noctis and Ardyn can do in FFXV, but like Paula and Ness, I'll say Nock just taught Prompto how to warp or something.
  • Down B is a small fire spell, obv he does not curl up into a ball for it and is also less vulnerable than Samus during this move
  • One of his taunts has him turn around and take a selfie with his camera, yelling "Say cheese!" Opponents caught by this high-startup move are stunned for about a second longer than if it was EWGF. Not only that, but if Prompto wins, his victory has him print the picture out of his camera and shows it off, effectively giving him a fourth victory animation.
  • Prompto has no victory song played for him. Instead, he sings the victory fanfare from Final Fantasy himself.
  • He's a dumbass but you gotta love him for it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Barret_Wallace_from_FFVII_Remake_promo_render.png

Barret
This is really stretching it. The energy ball becomes a ball of fire from his canon and the bo!b is a bomb he plants. Missile is s homing shot and screw attack is him jumping and firing.

Brotherhood-Of-Steel-Squad.jpg

Brotherhood of Steel
From the fallout seires. Samus's gun is replaced by a machine gun that they carry but the moves work the same. All the shots are plasma shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude's Link alts will be used
Samus stage submission:
Kraid's Lair (Metroid Dread)
View attachment 367682
Kraid's lair is a recurring location from Metroid series and it's a place where big boy Kraid resides. Also this is the place where Samus fights him throught games.
This time, it would be based on Metroid Dread, a recent entry from Metroid series on Nintendo switch.

It would take place at Kraid's Lair, but in dread style! The stage could be mix of flat DF and top arena layout from Dread itself. The stage hazard is chained Kraig itself, the stage boss of the stage, where you fight! He appears on right side of stage or in background, stomping while roof is falling down and Lava is rising that gives burn to players.
Since he is stage boss, you can kill him with range attacks. He also attacks with spikes from belly to damage players from right side or background or scratches them.

I know we have Kraid on Brinstar Depths, but since we have Great Fox on 2 stages, so why not have Kraid on second stage?

Music:
Kraid's Lair - Metroid (NES)
Kraid's theme - Super Metroid
Title theme - Metroid Dread
Kraid's theme - Metroid Dread
DS stage: Xbox Laboratory

The laboratory depicted on the iconic Xbox opening - the lighting on this stage is extremely dark, however, in the middle of the stage is a blob - the blob becomes bigger and smaller over time, as it's the stage's light source it will make the stage brighter as it gets bigger and darker as it gets smaller. Walking through the blob deals damage, the bigger it is the more damage it deals. You can make out a fog and the dashboard wireframe background.
View attachment 367683
  1. Demo Disc - Official Xbox 360 Magazine UK
  2. Demo Disc - Official Xbox Magazine UK
  3. One Final Effort - Halo 3
  4. Rock Solid - Conker: Live and Reloaded

Samus echo: Tails

A mixture echo primarily based on Samus, but with a forward tilt from Mewtwo, a forward air based on Mewtwo's back air, and a dash attack + full set of Smash attacks from Sonic, He has 6 jumps, and his Up B keeps him suspended in air as opposed to going up. He doesn't go into ball mode for his down special, but does still plant a bomb straight down. He's not as fast on the ground as you'd expect from a Sonic character, but he's still faster than Samus and has a slow fall speed + fast air speed, allowing him to pull off some crazy combos using the projectile-based kit. (no pun intended) He's not very strong either.
Samus Echo: Mega Man X (just X for short)

My first cross-series echo in this thread, and someone very well worthy of the role as an echo for Samus. Plus, it'd be cool to have a Mega Man whose moveset isn't the epitome of Namco-era moveset design gone unchecked.

As for changes...
  • X would emote and vocalize, unlike Samus.
  • X's cannon shoots energy blasts for his normals unlike Samus' fire effects.
  • X's down tilt gives him a sliding kick like his original games. (Samus' dash attack is PERFECT for X, so I'm keeping that.)
  • X's smash attacks are where most of the obligatory Maverick abilities can go. Like I said, I don't want every move to be one, but the smash attacks and specials are fair game IMO.
  • X's tether grab makes use of the Strike Chain rather than a grapple beam.
  • X's Neutral Special and Side Special are the X Buster and Homing Torpedo respectively. They're exactly like the Charge Shot and Missiles aside from visual/attribute differences.
    • (if we end up giving samus the ice beam as a special x will probably get something similar)
  • X's Up Special is Rising Fire - He shoots a fiery projectile beneath himself, propelling himself upwards. It's like a one-use version of Robin's Up Special.
    • i was so close to submitting the shoryuken for this
  • X's Down Special is the Lightning Web. He places down a web which hovers where it was placed. A few seconds later, the web emits electric energy, dealing multiple hits of damage to caught opponents.
    • This was originally the Triad Thunder in an early version of this post, but I swapped it out.
Samus Stage: Pyrosphere

I mean... it's just Pyrosphere. Really not too much more that needs to be said. However, Ridley's stage boss role is occupied by Neo-Ridley. As for music...
Samus stage: Metroidvania

Art by Andry Deynekin
That's right, we're taking the name literally. This is a vampiric alien castle, floating by the crushed debris of the planet it used to call home, a strange fleshy fauna has englulfed the abandoned palace, which you fight in in the midst of a storm. It's music list takes from both, Metroid and Castlevania. Candles appear to obtain items from. Creatures from both series appear in the background
Red = soft platform
Yellow = fleshy organism platform - you can stand on it, but you'll slowly fall through it. You can use your ground attacks while falling through it, but once release you'll be helpless. You can single-jump out of it just fine no matter how deep you are
Black = hard platform

The soft platforms are metallic, the bottom hard platforms are what was once the base of the castle, while the top is the ceiling. It's a big stage, but with a rather simple layout
View attachment 367689
  1. Metroidvania
  2. Divine Bloodlines (Eurobeat Style)
  3. Item Room Ambience
  4. Phendrana Drifts Depths (New Remix)
Echoes

Cuphead (Cuphead)

A smaller and faster Samus that is also squishier. Some of the animations are also tweaked/change to fit Cuphead's character and the source game a bit better

Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts)

A major member of Organization XIII, The only differences he has from samus is some animations include 2 guns, Up special is just a simple teleport and down special is more like Mii Gunner's.
View attachment 367685
Abandoned Lab

From the opening of Super Metroid. It's played out like a bigger version of the lab seen in the scene. There's no dead bodies but there are a lot of signs of a struggle . The computers can be stood on and the Metroid pulses in the middle.

Title Screen - Super Metriod
Escape - Super Metriod
Surface of SR388 - Samus Returns
Lower Brinstar - Metriod Dread
Samus Echo: SA-X

differences in Samus and SA-X

-SA-X have same samus' design but having different colors in the armor
-SA-X is lighter than Samus
-Side Smash and Up Smash have different animations and hitboxes, the Side Smash SA-X's arm cannon opens in four parts and closes it and Up Smash comes a tentacle on SA-X's arm cannon
-the plasma beam of SA-X is yellow
Ravenbeak (Echo)

Noxus (Echo) Considered Sylux but thought Noxus might be a better fit since he seems to have a slightly more similar model to Samus.

Think Ravenbeak would be slower & more powerful with Noxus being faster but less powerful than whatever Samus they are an echo of.

Brinstar Escape Shaft

Melee adventure stage converted into an infinite climbing stage like icicle mtn & rumble falls.

Songs https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzj826NzvMA
Dread
EMMI Chase
Kraid Encounter
Raven Beak Encounter
Sugoroku (Samurai Shodown)

Just a random guy I discovered while researching characters with cannons. Thought he was awesome.

Differences from Samus:
  • Overall stats see him as qutie a bit heavier, noticeably slower, and much more competent of a melee fighter than Samus.
  • Side B is a command grab where he traps the opponent in his comically large cannon, and from there can shoot them left, right, or up a la K. Rool's Blunderbuss.
  • Smash attacks have him swing the cannon around
  • Neutral B has firework effects rather than energy effects.
  • Up B has him shoot himself out of the canon, not too unlike Samus'. It's quite powerful and fast, but if you get hit out of it, you're helpless (much like the Koopalings Up B).
  • Down B is a firework that sets off after a few seconds, he does curl up into a ball for this and it looks very funny
  • He's a big goofy guy
Prompto (Final Fantasy)

One of my all-time favorite characters.

Differences from Samus:
  • Much lighter, a little bit faster, and quite nimble in the air.
  • Prompto has a pistol by default (used in Fair, Usmash, etc), but summons an RPG for Side B and a minigun for Neutral B.
  • Side B only has the Super variant, no Homing Missile equivalent.
  • The minigun fire does chip damage from a distance (no knockback) and works like a more powerful Mii Gunner Fsmash up close.
  • He has a teleport Up B where he tosses his pistol in the direction held and then warps to it. This is actually something only Noctis and Ardyn can do in FFXV, but like Paula and Ness, I'll say Nock just taught Prompto how to warp or something.
  • Down B is a small fire spell, obv he does not curl up into a ball for it and is also less vulnerable than Samus during this move
  • One of his taunts has him turn around and take a selfie with his camera, yelling "Say cheese!" Opponents caught by this high-startup move are stunned for about a second longer than if it was EWGF. Not only that, but if Prompto wins, his victory has him print the picture out of his camera and shows it off, effectively giving him a fourth victory animation.
  • Prompto has no victory song played for him. Instead, he sings the victory fanfare from Final Fantasy himself.
  • He's a dumbass but you gotta love him for it
View attachment 367722
Barret
This is really stretching it. The energy ball becomes a ball of fire from his canon and the bo!b is a bomb he plants. Missile is s homing shot and agree attack is him jumping and firing.

View attachment 367725
Brotherhood of Steel
From the fallout seires. Samus's gun is replaced by a machine gun that they carry but the moves work the same. All the shots are plasma shots.
Samus stages:
  1. Kraid's Lair
  2. Pyrosphere
  3. Metroidvania
  4. Abandoned Lab
Please vote for your top 2
  1. 2​
  2. 1​

As nirvanafan nirvanafan didn't say whether his stage submission is for Samus or Dark Samus, I will be putting it with Dark Samus
Dark Samus stages:
  1. Brinstar Escape Shaft
  2. Xbox Laboratory

Samus echoes
  1. Brotherhood of Steel
  2. Barret Wallace
  3. Prompto
  4. Sugoroku
  5. Noxus
  6. Raven Beak
  7. SA-X
  8. Xigbar
  9. Cuphead
  10. X
  11. Tails
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a back special for Samus
If you don't think your submission works for Dark Samus, feel free to include a seperare Dark Samus back special as part of your submission.

Submit an Assist Trophy function for Samus!
Dark Samus' 3DS/Wii U AT will be included by default

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. X
  2. Cuphead
  3. Tails
  4. Barret
  5. SA-X

1. Metroidvania
  2. Abandoned Lab

FazDude

Smash Master
Echoes
  1. Tails
  2. X
  3. Barret
  4. Cuphead
  5. Raven Beak
Stages
  1. Metroidvania
  2. Pyrosphere
Back Special: Ice Beam

Yeah, no stance changing this time. Samus fires an Ice Beam straight forward, having similar properties to Falco's laser. While the shot deals even less damage/knockback than an uncharged Charge Shot, it does have a better firing rate and has a chance to freeze opponents upon contact.

Assist Trophy
Samus runs around the stage, shooting nearby opponents with regular shots and the occasional missile (with her shooting style moreso resembling the 2D Metroid games) and using the Screw Attack to recover if needed.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Barrett
Brotherhood
X
Tails
Raven Beak

1. Pyrosphere
2. Abandoned Lab

Special

Melee Counter

Missiles are moved to back special and Forward Special is Melee Counter which functions almost identically to it's appearance in Metroid Dread

You can use Melee Counter standing or while moving and in the air. The ability can reflect projectiles and damage opponents up close while nullifying damage taken from melee attacks from the front.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Updating the thread early before electric work starts
FazDude's AT will be used by default

Xbox Laboratory will be Dark Samus' stage
Echoes
  1. Tails
  2. X
  3. Barret
  4. Cuphead
  5. Raven Beak
Stages
  1. Metroidvania
  2. Pyrosphere
Back Special: Ice Beam

Yeah, no stance changing this time. Samus fires an Ice Beam straight forward, having similar properties to Falco's laser. While the shot deals even less damage/knockback than an uncharged Charge Shot, it does have a better firing rate and has a chance to freeze opponents upon contact.

Assist Trophy
Samus runs around the stage, shooting nearby opponents with regular shots and the occasional missile (with her shooting style moreso resembling the 2D Metroid games) and using the Screw Attack to recover if needed.
Barrett
Brotherhood
X
Tails
Raven Beak

1. Pyrosphere
2. Abandoned Lab

Special

Melee Counter

Missiles are moved to back special and Forward Special is Melee Counter which functions almost identically to it's appearance in Metroid Dread

You can use Melee Counter standing or while moving and in the air. The ability can reflect projectiles and damage opponents up close while nullifying damage taken from melee attacks from the front.
  1. Ice Beam
  2. Melee Counter

1. Kraid's Lair = 1
  2. Pyrosphere = 5
  3. Abandoned Lab = 6
  4. Metroidvania = 10
Metroidvania will be the stage!

1. Prompto
  2. Noxus = 1
  3. SA-X = 1
  4. Xigbar = 1
  5. Sugoroku = 2
  6. Raven Beak = 5
  7. Cuphead = 8
  8. Brotherhood of Steel = 8
  9. Tails = 12
  10. Barret Wallace = 13
  11. X = 19
Barret Wallace will be Samus' echo, while X will be Dark Samus' echo!

My reasoning is that Barret is only part mechanical while X is fully mechanical.

also, I feel like putting Barret as the echo of a character who is literally a "dark" variant of another may be percieved as in bad taste heh

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dark Samus
  1. Cyan and black (swapped colours)
  2. Dark black and green (based on the Samus status screen, also complimentary to her black and yellow skin)
  3. SA-X Colours
  4. Brown and beige
  5. True Form
  6. Red true form (Resembles a human internal system)
  7. White true from (resembles human bones)
  8. Green and brown true form (resembles a plant)

D

Deleted member

Barret:
  1. Default
  2. Light Brown and Green (References Early concept art)
  3. White and Black (References Tifa)
  4. Red and Pink (References Aerith)
  5. Green and Tan (References Yuffie)
  6. Blue and Brown (References Cid)
  7. Dark Red and Black (References Vincent)
  8. Silver and Dark Green (References Jesse)
  9. White and Grey (References Wedge)
  10. All Green (References Biggs)
  11. Advent Children
  12. Black AC
  13. Brown AC
  14. Red AC
  15. Green AC
  16. Sailor Suit
Samus:
  1. Dread Power Suit
  2. Dread Varia Suit
  3. Dread Gravity Suit
  4. Dread Metroid Suit
  5. Samus Returns Gravity Suit
  6. Phazon Suit
  7. PED Suit
  8. Unmasked Samus

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Resubmitting my X alts from the Expand-A-Franchise Thread, as well as adding on an extra 8.

1. Default
2. Ice Shotgun
3. Sonic Slicer
4. Gravity Well
5. Rising Fire
6. Dark Hold
7. Meteor Rain
8. Shining Ray
9. First Armor
10. Gold Armor
11. Ultimate Armor
12. Shadow Armor
13. Neutral Armor
14. New Armor
15. Ver. Ke X
16. X -kai-

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage: Tetris Attack

This stage is essentially a Final Destination clone - the catch? The blocks raise up and down, sometimes extremely close to either vertical blast zone. The stage never changes shape or loses blocks however. The background is taken from Raphael the Raven's stage as a direct SNES rip. The stage also has a built-in combo counter! There is no Panel de Pon variant, regardless of your region.
  1. Yoshi's Theme
  2. Lakitu's Theme
  3. Sky Area
  4. Yoshi's Cookie Medley
Additionally, the "Lip's Theme" music track is now shared between Others and Yoshi to account for this stage, as is the "Lakitu's Theme" track

Echo: Velociraptor (Dino Crisis)

1. Normals are the same if less cartoonish.
  2. The down air only hits once with both feet
  3. Similarly to Mr. Game & Watch, the Velociraptor only has one throw animation - an iconic dinosaur bite on the ground
  4. The Velociraptor doesn't hide in an egg as a shield or eat as a grab
  5. Heavier, bigger, and faster with no flutter jump - more of a hit and run Captain Falcon-style fighter
  6. Special moves are completely different - Neutral special is Bowser's Koopa Klaw from Melee
  7. Side special is taken from Diddy Kong
  8. Down special is taken from Ridley.
  9. Back special (since I assume whatever we have for Yoshi won't fit) is a powerful hit with the tail that reaches behind, a good tool for dealing with ambushes when a turn would be too slow. In the air it lets the dinosaur turn.
  10. Up special is doing a spiking scratch then jumping, with the scratch hitbox disappearing as soon as the jump happens
  11. Final Smash is actually very similar - only one type of Velociraptor appears however, and it takes place inside a research facility

I know nothing about Dino Crisis, I just want to play as a photorealistic dinosaur.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Birdo-MP9.png

Birdo

I think it's workable. Her tounge moves are replaced by Kirby style sucking and Egg lay is replaced with her shooting out an egg. Some visual touches such as her enter being pink.

Stage later maybe

FazDude

Smash Master
Echo: Boshi

It’s him.

While he’s not as different from our favorite gween donkey as the other echoes in this thread, Boshi does have some unique tricks.
  • Boshi is both faster and stronger than Yoshi, but is also considerably lighter and has a worse jump, making him more of a glass cannon.
  • Boshi’s dash attack has him perform a running headbutt, similarly to Yoshi’s dash attack from 64 to Brawl.
  • Boshi’s forward tilt is also Yoshi’s 64-Melee straight kick.
  • Boshi’s up tilt is an upwards headbutt, just like… Yoshi’s 64 up tilt… huh.
  • Boshi’s back air is a dropkick just like Yoshi’s 64 back tilt.
  • Boshi’s Final Smash doesn’t have a cinematic, but the dash itself deals very high damage/knockback. In other words, Boshi has Marth’s Final Smash.
Still not as elaborate as the others I’ve submitted, but Boshi’s only unique traits are Yoshi’s hand-me-downs. Doesn’t matter, though - Boshi makes them look cooler.

Perhaps a stage later?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Spirit:
Super FX Chip
Ace

Stage: Battlefield Meta Crystal
Opponents: Fox, Yoshi, Morton, Green Captain Falcon (Doomguy if Mii Costume purchased)
Song: Corneria (Brawl)
Rule: The battle will be slown down, Andross ATs will spawn.

White Shy Guy
Advanced

Stage: Castle Siege (First phase)
Song: SMB Underground (Brawl)
Opponents: Jetpack Mii Brawler (Shy Guy mask, white tracksuit), Cyan Yoshi, Pink Yoshi
Rules: Both Yoshis are invincible until Mii Brawler is KO'd

Last edited:
Top Bottom