• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Bros. MOBA

cashregister9

Smash Hero
These threads wouldn't be so common if they weren't such a good format for a gaming forum!

So Smash Bros. has moved to mobile devices and for some reason Nintendo is dumping all of the work on a random forum. We are starting from Square 1.

Regardless of your personal thoughts on Mobile Games, They can allow for a lot of creativity and content due to the form factor and portability.

There are several categories for jobs like Characters, Items etc.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Gameplay Style
MOBA
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

The game would start with 2 teams of 6 and the gameplay itself is a top-down battle arena. The goal of each match is to get more points then the other team by the end of the match, you can gain points by defeating enemies that spawn on the map, defeating opposing heroes and other objectives that change depending on the map.

Each hero controls similarly, they have a basic attack and 4 skills one of them being a final smash.

The Starting Roster:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultinkling:Tom Nook :ultness: :ultwario: :ultsonic:

Unlockable:

Categories:

Melee DPS:
Ranged DPS:
Rushdown:
Balanced:
Tank:
Healer:

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job #1

Submit a gameplay type

Should we try to emulate the base game via phones? or should we try something else? any ideas for the gameplay fit here

Job #2

Submit a starting roster

the roster can be any characters that were in ultimate so far, the roster should only have 12 characters.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I have little to say for Job 1 other than that offline play should be accommodated.

Job 2:

(One idea is that a mobile Smash Bros. celebrates characters from famous mobile games, but that is just a suggestion for novelty.)

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Ness
Sonic
Wario
Yoshi
Olimar

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 1
I guess make stamina mode the default?

Job 2
The original 8 (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu)
Luigi
Marth only because he’s the SSB staple from the FE cast, but I defintiely could see adding Chrom or Lucina over him
Villager
Inkling

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 1:
A simplified traditional fighter akin to Nickelodeon Super Brawl Universe. Video timestamped at the tutorial. The game would feature special moves of some sort, likely activated by HUD buttons.

Job 2:
Mario
DK
Wario
Link
Pikachu
Sonic
Villager
Pac-Man
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Steve
Cloud

Tried to focus on characters who'd be instantly recognisable to a mainstream audience and deemphasise first parties

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This seems like a nice, simple side project for Super Smash Bros. Infinite. Guess I'll pitch in.

Job 1
A simplified version of Smash's gameplay. You can move the fighters around through the touchscreen, and you have five different attacks activated via HUD: A forward attack, an upwards attack, a downwards attack, a special move, and a defensive move (Usually a shield or a dodge).

Job 2
Mainly focusing on easily recognizable characters, with a slant towards cartoony characters and first-parties. In no particular order:
  1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Pikachu
  4. Samus
  5. Donkey Kong
  6. Marth
  7. Isabelle
  8. Inkling
  9. Kirby
  10. Sonic
  11. Pac-Man
  12. Steve

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 1: Similar to Mario Kart Tour, updated weekly with challenges. Try to emulate the basic Smash fighting but simplify it to the point it can be controlled via swipes and taps.

Job 2:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultinkling:

OG 8 + Marth, Isabelle and Olimar(all of whom have or will have their own mobile games allowing for some cross promotion) and Inkling as Splatoon is a big deal these days.

Avoided Third Parties for the time being.
Considered Luigi, Peach and Bowser due to their casual appeal but thought Mario and Yoshi would be enough Mario representation for the time being whilst still promoting multiple series.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Gameplay: SharkLord SharkLord 's idea is my selection(though I also like YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's suggestion. The problem is that of comparing apples and oranges, if you understand what I mean. These answer completely different questions of the game.)

Roster: I select YoshiandToad's, followed by Sharklord's
I actually forgot to include YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's actual gameplay submission.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: I had this idea a while (I even have a dead thread on the subject) but what about a smash turned based rpg

With how many characters have rpg movesets I think having a portable smash game being a rpg in the vein or eartbound and mario rpg, maybe some characters can have gimmicks like mario characters having action commands and earthbound characters having rolling hp, as the turned based rpg can have so many ways to be made I dont see why their cant be a smash rpg

Starting Roster (If this is an rpg here is what the ideal roster should be)
:ultmario::ultluigi:(can use action commands)
:ultduckhunt:(two turns at once in exchange for weaker attacks)
:ultkirby:(power copaying [think Poo's mirror)
:ultdk:(most physically powerful but his moves have some changing in between turns)
:ultness::ultlucas:(best hp and mp, rolling hp can help compensate for frail bodies, they use their canon movesets not smash movesets)
:ultsonic: (fastest characters perfect for item caddy and setting up interruptions)
:ultsamus:(this character has limited rescorses and you need to buy the missiles and bombs, but their powerful)
:ultmarth:(standard rpg moveset, nothing special but nothing without weaknesses)
:ultpikachu:(has fours moves with limited po but can give paralyzes)
:ultjoker: (can use special attacks after powering a meter

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So i've decided to change the rules on this current vote, so we will be restarting it, I forgot Yoshiandtoads gameplay submission and out of courtesy I will be including Glubbfubbs submission.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
For Job 1 vote for your top 1, You can vote for your own

Job 1 Game Type
MOBA cashregister9 cashregister9
Simple Traditional Fighter Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Touchscreen based Original Gameplay style (Use of buttons) SharkLord SharkLord
Simplistic Touchscreen (No buttons just swipes and taps) YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Turn-based RPG Glubbfubb Glubbfubb

For Job 2 vote for your top 2, No Ranked voting, you can vote for your own.

Job 2
cashregister9 cashregister9 's Roster
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle 's Roster
Pupp135 Pupp135 's Roster
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Roster
SharkLord SharkLord 's Roster
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Roster
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's Roster

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So i've decided to change the rules on this current vote, so we will be restarting it, I forgot Yoshiandtoads gameplay submission and out of courtesy I will be including Glubbfubbs submission.
Thanks that's really nice, I just discovered this and it was new so I thought it was nice

Moba

@docmonocle

Yoshiandtoad

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Thanks that's really nice, I just discovered this and it was new so I thought it was nice

Moba

@docmonocle
1. Moba

2. YoshiAndToad
Did you two know that cashregister9 cashregister9 allowed you to vote for two rosters?...

Job 1: Sharklord's, as before ( That is,however, a nice way to make characters in an RPG styled Smash Bros. stand out more, Glubbfubb Glubbfubb .)

Job 2: YoshiandToad's and Sharklord's, as before.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1 & 2 results

Job 1 Game Type
MOBA cashregister9 cashregister9 3
Simple Traditional Fighter Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Touchscreen based Original Gameplay style (Use of buttons) SharkLord SharkLord 2
Simplistic Touchscreen (No buttons just swipes and taps) YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 0
Turn-based RPG Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 0

Job 2
cashregister9 cashregister9 's Roster 0
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle 's Roster 3
Pupp135 Pupp135 's Roster 1
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Roster 1
SharkLord SharkLord 's Roster 3
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Roster 5
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's Roster 0

This game will be a MOBA and the roster will be from YoshiandToad YoshiandToad !

For those who don't know what a MOBA is, League of Legends and DOTA are both MOBAS they are top-down brawlers essentially, each character has a basic attack and about 4 skills, these skills can be upgraded. The basic game is there are 3 lanes and a jungle there are 2 teams each with 2 towers on each lane and a core, destroy the other teams core to win. (we can create some new gamemodes).

Job #3

Submit a first party newcomer.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Waluigi
You know an entry like this will happen, besides the obvious entry I think if Waluigi would reference the spinoff mario games it could work better as a Moba moveset in my opnion than a fighter

(Also this project is just super fighter m 2 basically for gameplay reference)

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
1 & 2 results

Job 1 Game Type
MOBA cashregister9 cashregister9 3
Simple Traditional Fighter Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Touchscreen based Original Gameplay style (Use of buttons) SharkLord SharkLord 2
Simplistic Touchscreen (No buttons just swipes and taps) YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 0
Turn-based RPG Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 0

Job 2
cashregister9 cashregister9 's Roster 0
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle 's Roster 3
Pupp135 Pupp135 's Roster 1
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Roster 1
SharkLord SharkLord 's Roster 3
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Roster 5
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's Roster 0

This game will be a MOBA and the roster will be from YoshiandToad YoshiandToad !

For those who don't know what a MOBA is, League of Legends and DOTA are both MOBAS they are top-down brawlers essentially, each character has a basic attack and about 4 skills, these skills can be upgraded. The basic game is there are 3 lanes and a jungle there are 2 teams each with 2 towers on each lane and a core, destroy the other teams core to win. (we can create some new gamemodes).

Job #3

Submit a first party newcomer.
Newcomer as in "not currently in the roster" or "has never been playable in Smash before"?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #3: King Bob-omb
1CED1A7D-3CD1-4C8E-A858-295E41918E60.png

King Bob-omb is one of the most recognizable Mario bosses of all time. With King Bob-omb making more appearances in games like Mario Kart Tour (a mobile game) and Mario Golf: Super Rush (if the website was correct), I think King Bob-omb should be a fighter in Smash.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
AC_blog_hiraiwa-1024x890.png

Officer/Akira Howard (comes in male and female flavours)

Astral Chain's protagonist, Nintendo recently obtained the IP as a first party now. With talks of a sequel eventually in the works, I feel Officer Howard is a great brand new face of Nintendo and one who would have a unique puppeteer playstyle with the various legions they command, wielding the sword, axe, beast, arms and arrow legions.

Players would likely be able to swap between them similar to how Shulk can switch between different modes allowing for a fighter who is a little more technical than most, but utterly unique.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I nominate Ash Ketchum

One the most familiar faces in the Pokémon universe, Ash Ketchum seems to have missed his chance in previous Smash Bros. games, rather ironically.

Ah, yes. I know what you are thinking-- "Redundant, friend! That's not new. You are just nominating the pokémon trainer with a name this time!" However, he s not the same. You actually control Ash in this game, and his specials involve using his pokéball as a weapon and summoning item.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I nominate Ash Ketchum

One the most familiar faces in the Pokémon universe, Ash Ketchum seems to have missed his chance in previous Smash Bros. games, rather ironically.

Ah, yes. I know what you are thinking-- "Redundant, friend! That's not new. You are just nominating the pokémon trainer with a name this time!" However, he s not the same. You actually control Ash in this game, and his specials involve using his pokéball as a weapon and summoning item.
I'd say in this instance Ash would not count as a game character.

Ash was a name for the Gen 1 trainer but Ash Ketchum's character was unique to the anime. It is a different situation from Ash Greninja seen in Ultimate, because at least Ash Greninja was in a main series game.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #3: Dillon The Armadillo (Dillon's Rolling Western)
1619315631054.png
1619315602071.png

(comes in both Dillon's Rolling Western [default, left] and Dillon's Dead-Heat Breaker [non-default but still free, right] appearances)
Dillon, "The Red Flash," is the main protagonist of the Dillon's Rolling Western series, a series of tower defense games where you control Dillon defending a town's Scrogs from Grocks in a 3 day cycle.

I feel Dillon is a great addition due to his nature of games, being how sliding a finger (or stylus) on the screen is the most prominent way of moving him and how he's been exclusive to handhelds. Assuming there will be turrets in this moba (like LoL has) it also would have tower defense, this would be a tower defense game. In all aspects, Dillon would just fit in perfectly in a hand-held moba.

He'd be a very fast character bent on combo attacks, to make a comparison to another character a slightly slower but more powerful Sonic. Maybe, coming from a tower defense game, he could have the ability to alter/upgrade towers (assuming towers are in this game).

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I'd say in this instance Ash would not count as a game character.

Ash was a name for the Gen 1 trainer but Ash Ketchum's character was unique to the anime. It is a different situation from Ash Greninja seen in Ultimate, because at least Ash Greninja was in a main series game.
My greatest fear has been realized... I must join a Pokémon fan club to come up with pokémon suggestions! Hehe!

Anyway, I am not sure about this, but if it is possible to replace my entry with a true game character that is similarly well known without being the trainer from previous Smash Bros installments, then that shall I do. Otherwise, ignore my entry.

Top Bottom