• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Bros. MOBA

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Voting for stock battle

Job 7: Fountain of Dreams and Bowser’s castle

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 7

Old Stage: Battlefield

...If this stage isn't included by default, of course. Boring I know, but it's a good common ground for all fighters. Not many gimmicks, just fair and straight MOBA gameplay. As for the theme, I feel like fantasy is the way to go. Literally any of these concept images from Smash Ultimate's development would suffice.

battlefield-1.jpg

New Stage: Mute City

It's cool. Cars go fast. Not sure about the specifics of hazards beyond that but that's something we can figure out later.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 7

Old Stage: Battlefield

...If this stage isn't included by default, of course. Boring I know, but it's a good common ground for all fighters. Not many gimmicks, just fair and straight MOBA gameplay. As for the theme, I feel like fantasy is the way to go. Literally any of these concept images from Smash Ultimate's development would suffice.

View attachment 313974

New Stage: Mute City

It's cool. Cars go fast. Not sure about the specifics of hazards beyond that but that's something we can figure out later.

Battlefield and Final Destination will be included by default and we will do themes for those later.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 6 Voting results

Stock Battle Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 1
Limited Respawn Pupp135 Pupp135 0
Pikmin Pathfinder Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 2

Job 7 voting
Vote for your favorite in each category

Old Stage Theme
Kongo Jungle Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Fountain Of Dreams Pupp135 Pupp135
Luigi's Mansion Gorgonzales Gorgonzales

New Stage Theme
Wacky Workbench Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Bowser's Castle Pupp135 Pupp135
Mute City Gorgonzales Gorgonzales (Techincally it's an old stage but I'll let it slide)
Since Pikmin Pathfinder was chosen as the new what differences would be made to the base mode

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Since Pikmin Pathfinder was chosen as the new what differences would be made to the base mode
None, that is just an extra gamemode in addition to standard MOBA Gameplay, There will be several other Gamemodes and even some map exclusive gamemodes later down the line.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Old Stage Theme
Kongo Jungle Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 2
Fountain Of Dreams Pupp135 Pupp135 1
Luigi's Mansion Gorgonzales Gorgonzales

New Stage Theme
Wacky Workbench Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 3
Bowser's Castle Pupp135 Pupp135
Mute City Gorgonzales Gorgonzales (Techincally it's an old stage but I'll let it slide)

Job 7

Submit a Moveset For Mario

Here is the template with some explanation
Basic attack,: the automatic attack that the character does

Range attack: some characters could have a range attack that transitions into a basic attack, Basic attacks can be ranged only if you want too

Smash Attack: A Powerful attack that you have to charge

Aerial Attack: This is an attack that can be activated while jumping, it can affect both other airborne opponents and ground opponents if need be.

Trait: This is a passive ability that adds a unique mechanic to the character, this trait can also be used as an extra special if the mechanic calls for it

Specials: same as smash just keep in mind that we are from a top down perspective and on a mobile device, There are 3 specials and a final smash.

Unique Items: you can get coins during a match as you defeat more and more minions you can use these coins to buy items, characters have unique items that can effect their specials and their trait if need be.

Job 8

Submit an Item from Ultimate to be adapted into this game.

Items in this game at this current point work by purchasing them from the spawn shop.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I wont do a moveset since I feel I have did most of the big stuff so I'll do an item

Smart Bomb
In ultimate this explosive realses a circular explosion that can also harm allies if not careful, in Moba it acts like a grenade being thrown in an arc and create a circular explosive radius that rapidly chips at damage

As a staple in smash it should be brought back

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 7: Mario's Moveset
Trying to tackle this moveset from a starter character perspective so I'm gonna try to make it not too complicated.

---Attacks---

Basic Attack: 3-hit combo from SM64.

Range Attack: Fireball.

Smash Attack: Forward Smash from Ult.

Aerial Attack: Forward Aerial from Ult.

---Trait---

P-Meter. As Mario runs, he accelerates until he reaches his max speed. Nothing too crazy, he is a starter character after all.

---Specials---

1: Stomp
Mario jumps (duh). This goes higher than a lot of other character's jumps. Can be used to clear gaps and evade obstacles. Landing on an enemy will deal a lot of damage.

2: Spin Attack
The spin from Galaxy. Serves as a close-range attack and a reflector. Can be combined with Stomp for some extra airtime & reflecting higher-flying projectiles.

3: Hammer
A slower but more powerful close-ranged attack, involving Mario slamming down a hammer in front of him.

Final smash: Mario Finale
Shoots two large fire projectiles down a lane.

---Unique Items---
1: Mega Mushroom (Single Use)
Mario temporarily doubles in size, naturally increasing his range and power.

2: POW Block (Single Use)
A single, strong hit that generates a shockwave around Mario, like the Super Horn in Mario Kart.

3: Gold Flower (Permanent Upgrade)
Replaces Mario's Fireball with a more powerful Gold Fireball.

4: Spin Jump (Permanent Upgrade)
Increases the range and power of Stomp.

5: Super Hammer (Permanent Upgrade)
Changes the Hammer’s look to be more metallic and increases its power. A small shockwave is created upon impact.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 8: Backshield
Your damage gets reduced if people attack you from behind

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Submissions will still be open for another day

Mario Moveset

---Attacks---

Basic Attack: 3 hit combo from 64

Smash Attack: Mario slams his hammer down on the enemy

Range Attack: N/A

AerialAttack: Spin from Galaxy

---Trait---
Power Up!, Item and Power up strength is doubled. When activated Mario pulls 1 random power up from some grass
-Super Mushroom - Doubles current health for 10 seconds
-Super Star - Become invincible for 5 seconds
-Cape - The ability becomes a reflect for 10 seconds
-F.L.U.D.D. - Mario can shoot a long cone of water that pushes opponents
-Vanish Cap - Mario Becomes invisible
-Metal Cap - Mario becomes Metal
-Ice Flower - Mario can shoot a ball of ice in a line that freezes opponents

---Skills---

1: Fire Orb, Mario shoots 3 fire balls in a line

2: Cappy, Mario throws cappy and then it comes back to him, the longer you hold the button the longer it stays out, you can jump on it to clear short walls

3: Super Jump. Mario uppercuts an opponent really hard, dealing damage. the attack also provides coins.

Final smash: Mario Finale, Mario shoots 2 fireballs down 1 lane

---Unique Items---

1: Penguin Suit - The Ice flower gets replaced with the Penguin suit which functions the same but also increases Mario's speed
2: Gold Flower - Replaces Fire Orb with Gold Flower it shoots 2 slightly bigger but slower balls with less range and higher damage that give you money on each hit
3: Superball Flower - Adds the Superball flower to Power Up!, Mario can shoot a damaging ball that bounces off of the wall
4: Propeller Mushroom - Adds the Propeller Mushroom to Power Up!, Mario can float after using certain attacks, this prevents him from taking melee damage.
5: Purple Coin Jump - Super Jump deals less damage but it gives more coins.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Voting for a mario moveset will continue

Job 7

Submit 3 assist Trophies and 3 Pokeball Pokemon from past games.

How these will work in the MOBA Format is once you purchase or find one rarely on the ground, they will spawn in the nearest lane and will help the minions on that lane, each Assist will have at least 1 normal attack and 1 special attack with a max of 3 Specials. For this job submit 3 Assists from the other smash games and list off their attack and special. and for Pokemon they only have 1 special, same rules apply, submit 3 pokemon from other smash games and list their special ability.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So due to the release of Pokemon Unite I'm going to do a little reboot of the thread but what exactly is going to change?

The gameplay style and Starting roster will stay the same, Everything else will change.

I want to start this reboot by giving a better gameplay description.

The game would start with 2 teams of 6 and the gameplay itself is a top-down battle arena. The goal of each match is to get more points then the other team by the end of the match, you can gain points by defeating enemies that spawn on the map, defeating opposing heroes and other objectives that change depending on the map.

Each hero controls similarly, they have a basic attack and 4 skills one of them being a final smash.

The only reason I decided to reboot instead of continue was because I failed to explain a lot of things and I feel like that lead to confusion.

Reboot Job 1

Submit a first party Newcomer.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ness_(EarthBound).png

Ness
Having a smash game without Ness just feels wrong to me, (I'm a Lucus main, but Ness is good as well), Ness been around since the very beginning and I think he should be deserving for this newcomer spot, with his PSI gimmick I think it can also create a unique niche in the Moba.

Also I have some questions:

How would classic mode work

Will there be bosses in this game

How will battlefield and final destination look like

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 323747
Ness
Having a smash game without Ness just feels wrong to me, (I'm a Lucus main, but Ness is good as well), Ness been around since the very beginning and I think he should be deserving for this newcomer spot, with his PSI gimmick I think it can also create a unique niche in the Moba.

Also I have some questions:

How would classic mode work

Will there be bosses in this game

How will battlefield and final destination look like
Unfortunately ness is not a newcomer

Yes to all of those, more details will added about the classic modes and bosses, and for BF and FD

Battlefield is a traditional 3-lane map, there are 3 lanes a top lane a middle lane and a bottom lane. Each lane leads to the other teams base.

Final destination is a basically just a giant square.

The specific looks will be decided via a job.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lucas_SSB4.png

If Ness is in let's put in Lucus

Hes my main and I think he has enough changes to be more distinct from Ness, such as his Ice Powers and his more floaty movements. Maybe have some of Kumatora's powers as well and use the almighty PK Earth

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Reboot Job #1: Mimikyu (Pokémon)
9B8D0F72-D58E-4143-934D-6424A3483762.png

Mimikyu is a ghost and fairy type Pokémon, introduced in the 7th generation games for Alola. Mimikyu is a lonely Pokémon that only wants to be loved like Pikachu, that’s why it dresses up like one. Mimikyu is a very popular Pokémon, even being the third most popular Pokémon, according to Google’s 2020 Pokémon poll. Pokémon is a really popular franchise and deserves more representation. Mimikyu also has a lot of moveset potential for a basic attack and skill moves. It could use moves like: shadow claw, shadow ball, play rough, wood hammer, etc. It’s final smash could even be it’s exclusive Z-Move, Let’s Snuggle Forever!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 323755
If Ness is in let's put in Lucus

Hes my main and I think he has enough changes to be more distinct from Ness, such as his Ice Powers and his more floaty movements. Maybe have some of Kumatora's powers as well and use the almighty PK Earth
Lucas is not a newcomer either

There will absolutely be a job later on where you can submit them but for now we are submitting characters that have never been playable before

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Now with the context of the game, if this character would be in a normal smash game she would be not the smartest idea for an entry, with this being a MOBA which focuses on strategy and crowd control with unique and weird movesets there is one cult character that would be a perfect fit for this specific style.

static-assets-upload16201796738967085620.png

(She knows who it is)

KSA_Adeleine.png

Now Adeline is not the most popular kirby pick but let's compare her abilities with Bandana Dee, while Bandana Dee is the more popular pick there is still some flaws to that, let's be real Bandana Dee would be just a simple spear user with maybe some parasol usage, Adeline on the other hand would bring a unique niche of being of all classes a beast master.

Adeleine's main ability is to summon creatures with her paintings, now put this in a MOBA and you have all these possibilities for a extremely well made moveset where she goes fork one side to the other of the area and uses her paint to create mooks that assist her in her goals, does that sound pretty exciting, aside from that he signature paint dash attack could he used as a good keep away tool as well.

When voting think of this character as a MOBA character and not a smash character, with her sudden return in Star Allies I think she could become a normal member of the cast alongside Kirby.

Please Vote For Her or Else You Will Dissapoint Her
static-assets-upload16201796738967085620.png

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate Euden from Dragalia Lost since Drgalia Lost is a mobile game from Nintendo.
1627000389881.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hey does each stage have a unique cast of enemies for mooks unique to them or is there a single pool of enemies that each stage share

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey does each stage have a unique cast of enemies for mooks unique to them or is there a single pool of enemies that each stage share
Each franchise has a unique pool so each Mario stage has a pool of only Mario enemies, stages like battlefield, fd and other miscellaneous stages have a pool of enemies that draws from others and has their own unique enemies.

Top Bottom