• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

D

Deleted member

1. Zelda
2. Pokémon
View attachment 357495
Honey Queen
Might seem like a weird way to start but this is a game already known for its oddball picks. Her hook would be her size. Taking inspiration from MV's gaint characters, she'll be the biggest character in the roster.
Gonna disregard my previous submissions and just submit da queen

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
NDC Hall will now feature a special Festival version when set to night!

Hornet Hole will be a new stage!

My Namco content will be used

1. Zelda
2. Pokémon
View attachment 357495
Honey Queen
Might seem like a weird way to start but this is a game already known for its oddball picks. Her hook would be her size. Taking inspiration from MV's gaint characters, she'll be the biggest character in the roster.
I will be resubmitting Cranky Kong

Cranky Kong

C68B843E-391A-4F1E-96D8-23A9BD37D572.jpeg

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Basically, I was thinking he can be a bit of a comic relief fighter. Each move involves him doing an action and gaining new voice lines about him talking about the old days throwing barrels and the liking. That’s what I’m thinking about for his hook.
Resubmitting Koopa (Para)Troopa

Hook: At the beginning of a match, you can build your ideal Koopa Troopa - turning on or off the shell and wings - Regular Koopa Troopa is a powerful but slow grounded fighter; Paratroopa is a powerful but slow air-based fighter; "naked" Koopa Troopa is a weak but speedy ground fighter; and "naked" Paratroopa is a weak but speedy air fighter. You can switch out your Koopa Troopa upon respawn every stock.

Conquest: Pepsi vs. Pepsi Max
Let's go full consumerist, lmao
Submission: Shy Guy
I know Shy Guy's already been submitted in the past for a number of jobs, but I wanted to take a different approach with him. This may be somewhat controversial (hell, I don't even know if the hook will be strong enough), but I love this idea to absolute death and I feel it fits for what may be one of Shy Guy's most notable roles in the Mario franchise.

View attachment 357863
Instead of using abilities based on SMB2 or the Yoshi games, Shy Guy will be piloting a Standard Kart from the Mario Kart series. In Mario Kart DS and 7, Shy Guy is the only character available to those using DS Download Play, while he makes proper playable appearances in 7 and 8. With DS being one of the top three best-selling Mario Kart games (possibly second place if the Wii U and Switch version of MK8 are counted seperately), many Mario fans have had a blast playing with their buddies through Download Play, and I'm willing to wager more than a few of them took control of our favorite masked mook.

Enough MKDS bias, though. What's his hook?

As I mentioned, Shy Guy will be driving a Standard Kart, similarly to how Bowser Junior pilots the Koopa Clown Car. This gives Shy Guy a few different attributes than your average fighter:
  • Shy Guy has a VERY short first jump, but to compensate, he has no landing lag if he doesn't attack during it. In addition, his second jump makes use of MK8's anti-gravity mechanic, giving him a floaty midair jump similar to that of Rosalina.
  • Shy Guy's dash can deal damage and fixed knockback to opponents he runs into - Never enough to KO, but it's a rather high priority move.
  • Shy Guy can drift and boost by pressing the attack button during his turning around animation. The boost itself retains the "damage dash" property, dealing even more damage/knockback than the regular dash during the active frames.
However, all of this pales in comparison to Shy Guy's main mechanic; The Course Counter.

On Shy Guy's HUD, you will see a meter resembling what a straight road would look like on a Mario Kart minimap. However, you don't fill up this meter with attacks. Rather, you obtain meter via ground movement (dashing fills it up faster than "walking"). It takes considerably long to fill up, but once it does, Shy Guy enters what I'm calling the "Victory Lap" state, where he is faster, stronger, and has less lag frames on his attacks. This will last for the remainder of the stock. The best thing I can compare this mechanic to is the Egg mod from Rivals of Aether.

In short, I know this seems pretty complex and that it's not really a Shy Guy moveset as much as it is a Mario Kart moveset. However, with Mario Kart DS being one of my favorite Mario Karts, I wanted to represent our Download Play hero in some way. (If it helps, we can still sprinkle some SMB2/Yoshi references into his kit!)
----
Conquest: World Famous Fries (Mario) vs. Big Mac (Wario)
  • Fries Hat: A fry container hat.
  • Bic Mac Hat: A Big Mac.
Nintendo and McDonald's seem to be fairly good pals, seeing how often Mario Happy Meals are released.
MECHA BOWSER

When playing as Mecha Bowser, it's impossible to not feel like you're living out childhood dreams of piloting a giant mech, controlling the different body parts individually while slowly but surely causing major amounts of destruction.
Up Special swaps control to Bowser's Head, Side Special to his arms, and Down Special to his legs. In each state, certain moves may not be available or are very weak, and certain things just cannot be done (like, if you're not controlling the legs you can't jump, and you can only do a really slow slide to get around, or if you're not controlling the arms you can't grab opponents or ledges). However, Mecha Bowser's good attacks are good, and he has a strong, unique neutral special for all three stances. Before the match starts you can click on the head, arms or legs to determine where you start off, but by default the player will start off in control of Mecha Bowser's legs. Swapping control from one body part to the other is very seamless, much like Pyra and Mythra's stance change.

Conquest: Xbox Series S (Mario) vs Xbox Series X (Wario)
Army Dillo

The first and sixth boss of Donkey Kong 64, Army Dillo is a souped-up version of the original armys' from DKC1, made into a mechanical menace. His gimmick is Technical Difficulties. His metallic shell, cannons, and shockwaves sure are powerful, but if used too much they will break!

When his tech breaks, they punish the fighter. For example, like in the game, breaking the cannons will shock the fighter, and temporarily paralyzes the player. However, these punishes also will affect fighters in limited ranges; for example, if his metal shell is broken, it will explode, dealing damage to Army, but also sending a shockwave to hit nearby fighters. After his tech is broken, Army is limited to attacks such as shell rolling and jabs, making him closer to a normal armadillo again.
  1. Army Dillo (Can lose armour at high damage, but also use this to attack foes)
  2. Mecha Bowser (Individual body parts are controlled as a stance fighter)
  3. Shy Guy (Properly controls as a kart racer, and can finish a lap for a stat boost)
  4. Cranky Kong (Likes to make quips about opponents
  5. Koopa (Para)Troopa (Has 4 different "stances" that are swapped out at the start of a stock rather than on the fly)
  6. Honey Queen (Big)
Please vote for your Top 3

1. Iron Man vs. Captain America
  2. Xbox Series S vs. Xbox Series X
  3. Big Mac vs. Fries
  4. Pepsi vs. Pepsi Max
Please vote here. @Darkonedagger Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Would you mind providing headwear for your options? I'll be going back to give my Pepsi submission headwear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Koopa
2. Shy Guy
3. Cranky

Koopa and Shy Guy both feel like long overdue picks and I like the gimmick ideas for both. Cranky is just a character I'd like in this project.
NDC Hall will now feature a special Festival version when set to night!

Hornet Hole will be a new stage!

My Namco content will be used

1. Army Dillo (Can lose armour at high damage, but also use this to attack foes)
  2. Mecha Bowser (Individual body parts are controlled as a stance fighter)
  3. Shy Guy (Properly controls as a kart racer, and can finish a lap for a stat boost)
  4. Cranky Kong (Likes to make quips about opponents
  5. Koopa (Para)Troopa (Has 4 different "stances" that are swapped out at the start of a stock rather than on the fly)
  6. Honey Queen (Big)
Please vote for your Top 3

1. Iron Man vs. Captain America
  2. Xbox Series S vs. Xbox Series X
  3. Big Mac vs. Fries
  4. Pepsi vs. Pepsi Max
Please vote here. @Darkonedagger Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Would you mind providing headwear for your options? I'll be going back to give my Pepsi submission headwear.
Those respective character's helmets. Cap's hat with the li wings and a iron man helmet

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Big Mac vs. Fries will be the next Conquest - This means that Ronald McDonald, as well as other McDonald's characters like Mac Tonight and Grimace, are disconfirmed.
Please vote here:
  1. Mecha Bowser = 1
  2. Army Dillo = 4
  3. Honey Queen = 8
  4. Shy Guy = 10
  5. Cranky Kong = 11
  6. Koopa (Para)Troopa = 15
The numbers here may not be fully accurate, I lost what I wrote halfway through and had to recalculate, though I did remember the winner's vote number before the reload, either way Koopa Troopa joins the battle!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Koopa Troopa's moveset(s)!
Please submit a moveset or set of movesets for Koopa Troopa - remember that Koopa Troopa's hook is that he comes in 4 variants - these are: Koopa Troopa (slow but powerful, ground); Koopa Paratroopa (slow but powerful, air); naked Koopa Troopa (weak but speedy, ground); and naked Koopa Paratroopa (weak but speedy, air). Please do not include a stance change move as Koopa Troopa's stance changes have already been detailed (you choose the form to take upon a fight's beginning or respawn). This can be 4 completely unique movesets, 2 movesets for one of the variables while the other only changes stats, or a single moveset with variations depending on stance.

Submit Koopa Troopa's Final Smash!

Submit a victory theme for Koopa Troopa!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Koopa would share a victory theme with Goomba.

Koopa moveset:
The shelled Koopa Troopas are heavier and stronger than their size would let on, being more resiliant bruisers than anything else, while the naked Koopa Troopas are more so hit and run fighters that need to nimbly dodge their foes - but they still need to get up close a lot, especially for combos. In short: Shelled wants to get close, naked wants to stay away, Troopa wants to be on the ground, Paratroopa wants to be in the air. Paratroopa has 6 jumps
  1. Up B: Wing Sprout/Wing Flight - Troopas briefly grow wings and fly up a little, while Paratroopas will rise up to the sky at light speed. Troopa's version gives super armour and harms foes, but doesn't go very high and leaves him helpless, while Paratroopa's is the opposite. Shelled goes straight up, while naked is diagonal
  2. B: Koopa the Quick - a chargable move that makes Koopa Troopa dash at mach speed, the move trips over anyone in a naked Koopa's path (or just makes them go down in air, not a spike, just downwards), while it's a multihit that catches anyone in the path of a shelled Koopa. Paratroopa can use this in the air but not on ground, and vice versa for Koopa Troopa. Using this move on ground as Paratroopa or in the air as Koopa will just make you input Side B. Charge cannot be held.
  3. Side B: Shell Shock - a shelled Koopa will retreat into his shell, while a naked Koopa will kick a shell as a projectile. Shelled Koopa can turn, shelled Paratroopa can jump, Naked Paratroopa's shell functions as a red shell would (making it almost like a powerful bumper when on a small platform), and Naked Troopa's shell will fall off platforms and change direction when it lands. The shelled version can be cancelled quickly by pressing the button again, while the naked version can stop moving if you press the side B input again.
  4. Down B: Bah Bah! - Koopa does their iconic dance to the NSMB Bah Bah soind. This has a magnet effect, towards for shelled and away for naked. The field is oval shaped, with Paratroopa's being vertical and Troopa's being horizontal. Instead of being gradual or chargable, there's a big blast for each bah, but you can cancel one bah in to prevent foes from being too close or far. This also effects items, but not projectiles

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Having a shell increases your weight, but decreases your movement speed. Having wings increases your air mobility and gives you a third midair jump, but also makes you easier to launch. (Also, just for simplicity, I'll be referring to the Koopa Troopa as its base form only, even for attacks which only the Paratroopa can use.)
  • Neutral Special: Dizzy Shell (shell) / Koopa Cape (no shell)
    • Dizzy Shell has Koopa Troopa tuck into his shell, spinning around as a small twister forms around itself. This twister is short-lived, but deals multiple hits of damage to opponents within the twister's range. Having wings increases the twister's range.
    • Koopa Cape has Koopa Troopa swing a cape which is able to reflect projectiles and flip opponents around, similarly to Mario's Side Special. However, the main difference between the two is that the Koopa Troopa's cape hits on both sides of himself, making it more like Nayru's Love. Having wings creates a windbox around Koopa Troopa beyond the cape's normal range.
  • Side Special: Shell Shock (shell) / Shell Kick (no shell)
    • Shell Shock has Koopa Troopa retreat into his shell, charging up before rocketing forwards, not unlike Sonic's Spin Dash (although the aerial variant acts more like how Sonic's aerial Spin Dash works in canon Smash as opposed to his Drop Dash in SMSB). Having wings allows Koopa Troopa to jump while spinning.
    • Shell Kick has Koopa Troopa kick a Green Shell forwards, which acts just like the item of the same name. Only one Koopa-generated Green Shell can be in play at a time. Having wings increases the shell's speed... somehow.
  • Up Special: Paratroopa's Flight (wings) / Super Koopa (no wings)
    • Paratroopa's Flight puts Koopa Troopa into a state where they have infinite small air jumps for a short time, but cannot attack. While a small flight gauge next to the Koopa Troopa (not their HUD) will go down as it flies, being attacked during this state will also drain it. Having a shell decreases the effect attacks have on the flight gauge, but doesn't nullify it completely.
    • Super Koopa has Koopa Troopa dash into one of eight directions with a Cape Feather attached, not unlike Fox's Up Special. Having a shell gives the move limited super armor.
  • Down Special: Koopa Flip (wings) / Koopa Bomb (no wings)
    • Koopa Flip has Koopa Troopa curl up before jumping in an arc, similarly to Sheik's Down Special. This move can be cancelled into a jump. Having a shell increases the move's damage output.
    • Koopa Bomb has Koopa Troopa curl up, leap diagonally upwards, and them slam down, similarly to Bowser's Down Special. Having a shell increases the move's damage output.
  • Final Smash: Hookbill the Koopa
    • Some Magikoopa magic is sprinkled onto Koopa Troopa (although no Magikoopa actually appears), turning it into the fearsome Hookbill (or at least a larger Koopa, which is pretty much what Hookbill is). Hookbill then tucks into his shell and begins bouncing around the stage, similarl to Yoshi's SMSB Final Smash. At the end of the move, Hookbill returns to where the Final Smash was initiated and reverts back to a regular Koopa as the magic wears off.

Last edited:

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Koopa Troopa Victory theme: It would be so awesome
I cannot for the life of me find it on Youtube, but their victory theme should be the Freerunning Win Fanfare from Mario Odyssey,

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
World Famous Freedom French Fries win the conquest!

Koopa would share a victory theme with Goomba.

Koopa moveset:
The shelled Koopa Troopas are heavier and stronger than their size would let on, being more resiliant bruisers than anything else, while the naked Koopa Troopas are more so hit and run fighters that need to nimbly dodge their foes - but they still need to get up close a lot, especially for combos. In short: Shelled wants to get close, naked wants to stay away, Troopa wants to be on the ground, Paratroopa wants to be in the air. Paratroopa has 6 jumps
  1. Up B: Wing Sprout/Wing Flight - Troopas briefly grow wings and fly up a little, while Paratroopas will rise up to the sky at light speed. Troopa's version gives super armour and harms foes, but doesn't go very high and leaves him helpless, while Paratroopa's is the opposite. Shelled goes straight up, while naked is diagonal
  2. B: Koopa the Quick - a chargable move that makes Koopa Troopa dash at mach speed, the move trips over anyone in a naked Koopa's path (or just makes them go down in air, not a spike, just downwards), while it's a multihit that catches anyone in the path of a shelled Koopa. Paratroopa can use this in the air but not on ground, and vice versa for Koopa Troopa. Using this move on ground as Paratroopa or in the air as Koopa will just make you input Side B. Charge cannot be held.
  3. Side B: Shell Shock - a shelled Koopa will retreat into his shell, while a naked Koopa will kick a shell as a projectile. Shelled Koopa can turn, shelled Paratroopa can jump, Naked Paratroopa's shell functions as a red shell would (making it almost like a powerful bumper when on a small platform), and Naked Troopa's shell will fall off platforms and change direction when it lands. The shelled version can be cancelled quickly by pressing the button again, while the naked version can stop moving if you press the side B input again.
  4. Down B: Bah Bah! - Koopa does their iconic dance to the NSMB Bah Bah soind. This has a magnet effect, towards for shelled and away for naked. The field is oval shaped, with Paratroopa's being vertical and Troopa's being horizontal. Instead of being gradual or chargable, there's a big blast for each bah, but you can cancel one bah in to prevent foes from being too close or far. This also effects items, but not projectiles
Having a shell increases your weight, but decreases your movement speed. Having wings increases your air mobility and gives you a third midair jump, but also makes you easier to launch. (Also, just for simplicity, I'll be referring to the Koopa Troopa as its base form only, even for attacks which only the Paratroopa can use.)
  • Neutral Special: Dizzy Shell (shell) / Koopa Cape (no shell)
    • Dizzy Shell has Koopa Troopa tuck into his shell, spinning around as a small twister forms around itself. This twister is short-lived, but deals multiple hits of damage to opponents within the twister's range. Having wings increases the twister's range.
    • Koopa Cape has Koopa Troopa swing a cape which is able to reflect projectiles and flip opponents around, similarly to Mario's Side Special. However, the main difference between the two is that the Koopa Troopa's cape hits on both sides of himself, making it more like Nayru's Love. Having wings creates a windbox around Koopa Troopa beyond the cape's normal range.
  • Side Special: Shell Shock (shell) / Shell Kick (no shell)
    • Shell Shock has Koopa Troopa retreat into his shell, charging up before rocketing forwards, not unlike Sonic's Spin Dash (although the aerial variant acts more like how Sonic's aerial Spin Dash works in canon Smash as opposed to his Drop Dash in SMSB). Having wings allows Koopa Troopa to jump while spinning.
    • Shell Kick has Koopa Troopa kick a Green Shell forwards, which acts just like the item of the same name. Only one Koopa-generated Green Shell can be in play at a time. Having wings increases the shell's speed... somehow.
  • Up Special: Paratroopa's Flight (wings) / Super Koopa (no wings)
    • Paratroopa's Flight puts Koopa Troopa into a state where they have infinite small air jumps for a short time, but cannot attack. While a small flight gauge next to the Koopa Troopa (not their HUD) will go down as it flies, being attacked during this state will also drain it. Having a shell decreases the effect attacks have on the flight gauge, but doesn't nullify it completely.
    • Super Koopa has Koopa Troopa dash into one of eight directions with a Cape Feather attached, not unlike Fox's Up Special. Having a shell gives the move limited super armor.
  • Down Special: Koopa Flip (wings) / Koopa Bomb (no wings)
    • Koopa Flip has Koopa Troopa curl up before jumping in an arc, similarly to Sheik's Down Special. This move can be cancelled into a jump. Having a shell increases the move's damage output.
    • Koopa Bomb has Koopa Troopa curl up, leap diagonally upwards, and them slam down, similarly to Bowser's Down Special. Having a shell increases the move's damage output.
  • Final Smash: Hookbill the Koopa
    • Some Magikoopa magic is sprinkled onto Koopa Troopa (although no Magikoopa actually appears), turning it into the fearsome Hookbill (or at least a larger Koopa, which is pretty much what Hookbill is). Hookbill then tucks into his shell and begins bouncing around the stage, similarl to Yoshi's SMSB Final Smash. At the end of the move, Hookbill returns to where the Final Smash was initiated and reverts back to a regular Koopa as the magic wears off.
Please vote here for Koopa's moveset

Hookbill the Koopa will be Koopa Troopa's FS by default
(also, FazDude FazDude , I think you're referring to the wrong FS, Yoshi's is a healing FS)

1. Game Over - Super Mario Bros.
  2. Koopa Freerunning Fanfare
Please vote here

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Koopa Troopa's intro and taunts!

Submit Koopa Troopa's victory and clapping animations!

Submit Koopa Troopa's alternate costumes!

Please submit either 8 or 16 alt costumes for Koopa Troopa! As a rule of thumb, shell colours will transfer over to vest colours unless said otherwise.

Submit a conquest!
Nothing copyrighted this time - including Mario - just vague concepts

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Koopa alts
  1. Green shell/white vest
  2. Red shell/red vest
  3. Blue spiny shell/blue jacket/dark scales
  4. Purple spiny shell/purple jacket/dark scales
  5. Yellow ball shell (vaguely resembles Bombshell Koopa)/yellow tie/light scales
  6. Pink ball shell/yellow tie/light scales
  7. Koopatrol - has regal attire in shellless form
  8. Koopa Striker - shellless form has the same shirt, shell is made into a ball shell like the yellow and pink alts

Conquest:
Clowns (Mario, clown nose and wig) vs. Jesters (Wario, jester hat)

Last edited:

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Taunts -
Up Taunt- Jogs in place, getting ready for a race
Left Taunt - The "Bah Bah" Dance from the NSMB games
Alternate backup left Taunt - Jumps up and down in a triple jump, in a similar manner to how he does in Mario Odyssey
Right Taunt - Runs in a small circle, as if trace-walking. small markers could appear on the ground as an extra detail.
Down Taunt - Hops down on all fours and does a little strut, mouth opening and closing stiffly.

Intro animation
with shell - Spins in shell from offscreen, popping out into a small, but super, leap
w/out shell - Dives in from offscreen and lands on stomach, getting himself up and dusting off.
with wings + shell - similar to with shell, except in the air. The shell spins and crashes to the ground like a blue shell, with the Koopa then popping out and hopping up.
with wings + no shell - Dives in like w/out shell, but picks up and slowly flaps down onto his feet.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Taunts -
Up Taunt- Jogs in place, getting ready for a race
Left Taunt - The "Bah Bah" Dance from the NSMB games
Right Taunt - Runs in a small circle, as if trace-walking. small markers could appear on the ground as an extra detail.
Down Taunt - Hops down on all fours and does a little strut, mouth opening and closing stiffly.

Intro animation
with shell - Spins in shell from offscreen, popping out into a small, but super, leap
w/out shell - Dives in from offscreen and lands on stomach, getting himself up and dusting off.
with wings - similar to with shell, except in the air. The shell spins and crashes to the ground like a blue shell, with the Koopa then popping out and hopping up.
Would you mind making a backup 5th taunt to replace the Bah Bah dance in case my submission, which uses it as a move, wins? I can let you keep the dance if FazDude's submission wins though.

Additionally, a wings without shell intro will be needed.

FazDude

Smash Master
Victories:
  • A Koopa Shell plows into Mario, launching him off-stage. The Koopa Troopa then runs back onto the screen with a smile on his face, implying he was behind the hit and run in some way. This is the only victory animation which is relatively unaltered between Koopa variations, only adding wings when appropiate.
  • The Koopa runs/flies across a finish line, posing as confetti is shot around them.
  • This animation depends on whether Koopa had a shell or not.
    • Shell - Koopa spins in place in his shell before posing with a handstand.
    • No Shell - Koopa does a breakdance before posing with a handstand.
  • This animation depends on whether Koopa had wings or not.
    • Wings - The Koopa darts around the screen before coming to a stop and posing in mid-air.
    • No Wings - The Koopa jumps up and down happily before posing.
Clapping: The Koopa will retract into its shell if it had one - Otherwise, it'll clap with a dejected look on its face.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Victories:
  • A Koopa Shell plows into Mario, launching him off-stage. The Koopa Troopa then runs back onto the screen with a smile on his face, implying he was behind the hit and run in some way. This is the only victory animation which is relatively unaltered between Koopa variations, only adding wings when appropiate.
  • The Koopa runs/flies across a finish line, posing as confetti is shot around them.
  • This animation depends on whether Koopa had a shell or not.
    • Shell - Koopa spins in place in his shell before posing with a handstand.
    • No Shell - Koopa does a breakdance before posing with a handstand.
  • This animation depends on whether Koopa had wings or not.
    • Wings - The Koopa darts around the screen before coming to a stop and posing in mid-air.
    • No Wings - The Koopa jumps up and down happily before posing.
You need to include clapping animations with your victories

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude's Koopa moveset will be used. My alts, FazDude's victories, and BlustersBest's taunts (including Bah Bah) will be used.

By removing my vote for the Freerunning jingle, Game Over will be Koopa's victory theme

Clowns vs. Jesters will be the next conquest!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a new piece of content for Melee Mushroom Kingdom!

Please submit some form of modification or new content for the Mushroom Kingdom stage! Note that this cannot directly change the gameplay of the stage, but you can add an extra alternate version if you desire to change gameplay.

Submit 20 pieces of cosmetics based on Microsoft properties!

Credit to Pikathorchu on Instagram
Please submit 20 pieces of cosmetic content based on Microsoft properties! Nothing is off-limits (within the age rating at least), but if you want to do just/mostly Rare or whatever that's fine too.

Submit a new stage and 1 song!
This will be released alongside Koopa Troopa, but not bundled with him

Vote in the conquest!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Melee Mushroom Kingdom: World 1-1
A 6th form for Mushroom Kingdom, reskinned from Mushroomy Kingdom. At long last, returned to its former glory!

Microsoft
  1. Steve mask
  2. Alex mask
  3. Creeper mask
  4. Minecraft Pig mask
  5. Minecraft dirt pattern (non-customisable)
  6. Master Chief helmet
  7. Doomguy helmet
  8. Cacodemon mouth hat
  9. Dragonborn helmet
  10. Clippy glasses
  11. nerd emoji Microsoft Bob mask
  12. Cursor trail
  13. Windows 95 logo trail
  14. Crash Bandicoot mouth hat
  15. Dr. Neo Cortex wig
  16. Aku Aku mask
  17. Uka Uka mask
  18. D.va wig and facepaint
  19. Rare googly eyes
  20. Jiggy pattern

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Can’t really think of a Mushroom Kingdom Melee change I’d actually want - It’s fine as is IMO. As for some Microsoft cosmetics…
  1. Minesweeper hat
  2. Master Chief helmet
  3. Raz (Psychonauts) hat
  4. Blinx hat
  5. Voodoo Vince hat
  6. Steve mask
  7. Creeper mask
  8. Banjo hat (the fighter’s face is visible through Banjo’s mouth)
  9. Conker hat (same face properties as Banjo)
  10. Crash mask (specifically the mascot head used in the original trilogy’s US commercials)
  11. Spyro hat (just spyro’s horns/snout)
  12. Tracer Wig
  13. Dragonborn helmet
  14. Doom Slayer helmet
  15. Clippy trail
  16. Cursor trail
  17. Windows 95 logo trail
  18. Jiggy trail
  19. Jiggy pattern
  20. Dirt block texture (non customizable)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage: Kaiju Kingdom

The perfect stage for a DK vs. Bowser brawl, this is a horizontal big stage that creates the illusion the fighters are huge.
4F0AB252-F423-4261-BA50-514B7E754092.jpeg

The leftmost set of octagons is Peach's castle, while the rightmost squares and circle are Bowser's castle. The soft platforms are both airships and weighted (though they don't collapse with too much pressure, just go down a little). There's a dark sky to the right and bright sky to the left (unless custom weather is used) which will fight for dominance like WOL's final battle - the middle top platform is a desert on the left and lava world on the right, while below it is an underground world. You can step on and flatten tiny houses; ? blocks; pipes and other such scenery - there's even lava pools on Bowser's side that don't hurt because they're so tiny! The yellow cube represents the size of Mario on this stage.

Song: The Giant (New Remix)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kaiju Kingdom will be a new stage by default

Melee Mushroom Kingdom: World 1-1
A 6th form for Mushroom Kingdom, reskinned from Mushroomy Kingdom. At long last, returned to its former glory!
Melee Mushroom Kingdom Change: All-Star Makeover

Changes the graphical style of the stage to represent the Super Mario All-Stars version of the original game.
Please vote here

Microsoft
  1. Steve mask
  2. Alex mask
  3. Creeper mask
  4. Minecraft Pig mask
  5. Minecraft dirt pattern (non-customisable)
  6. Master Chief helmet
  7. Doomguy helmet
  8. Cacodemon mouth hat
  9. Dragonborn helmet
  10. Clippy glasses
  11. nerd emoji Microsoft Bob mask
  12. Cursor trail
  13. Windows 95 logo trail
  14. Crash Bandicoot mouth hat
  15. Dr. Neo Cortex wig
  16. Aku Aku mask
  17. Uka Uka mask
  18. D.va wig and facepaint
  19. Rare googly eyes
  20. Jiggy pattern
Can’t really think of a Mushroom Kingdom Melee change I’d actually want - It’s fine as is IMO. As for some Microsoft cosmetics…
  1. Minesweeper hat
  2. Master Chief helmet
  3. Raz (Psychonauts) hat
  4. Blinx hat
  5. Voodoo Vince hat
  6. Steve mask
  7. Creeper mask
  8. Banjo hat (the fighter’s face is visible through Banjo’s mouth)
  9. Conker hat (same face properties as Banjo)
  10. Crash mask (specifically the mascot head used in the original trilogy’s US commercials)
  11. Spyro hat (just spyro’s horns/snout)
  12. Tracer Wig
  13. Dragonborn helmet
  14. Doom Slayer helmet
  15. Clippy trail
  16. Cursor trail
  17. Windows 95 logo trail
  18. Jiggy trail
  19. Jiggy pattern
  20. Dirt block texture (non customizable)
Please vote here

Jesters win the conquest!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit the first true guest fighter!

Credit to Nintega-Dario
Please submit your idea for the first of 4 guest characters from outside the realm of gaming! Virtually anything is elegible for this as long as it won't bump up the age rating and isn't a gaming character. Cartoons, anime, commercials, live action movies, sports, websites, toys, go wild - though I'd advise to keep within the aesthetic. This fighter will have the same quantity of content as Sonic. Note that McDonald's representation is disconfirmed. No prior connection to Mario nor hook is needed! This will also disconfirm another rep for their company of ownership, so Shrek = no Gru for example

Submit a conquest based in the Mario universe!
Please submit the conquest, its hats, and which sides Mario and Wario take. This must be based on a Mario universe element this time - please refer to the front page for which hats are already in base game, as this'll need to be a new hat

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Garfield

What better way is there to introduce non-game characters into Smash than with a perpetual meme? I feel this one isn't too out of left field, but also really funny - Garfield is also, as far as I can tell, not popular in Japan so it could increase his popularity. Helps he already has a moveset to use. Also, the potential for Nickelodeon hats here is great. I do at least imagine Garfield's promo material would promote NASB (or a sequel to it, depending on the timeframe)

Mario conquest: Donkey Kong 80s (Wario, arcade marque and bezel hat) vs. Donkey Kong 90s (Mario, SNES cartridge hat)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Okay as cool of a choice as Garfield is, I have another cat character I’ve been wanting to submit for a while.
Hello Kitty

Not only is this feline a worldwide icon who is a instantly recognizable, she’s no stranger to crossovers and she’s even appeared in a Mario game before! I’m not 100% sure what her moveset would entail, but I still really think she’d be an excellent fit in the game aesthetically and tonally.

I’d also be willing to add more Sanrio characters as alternate costumes. If nobody else, I’d choose Melody since she’s the other one who appeared in a Mario game.

Oh also since I forgot, conquest:
The Speedrunner Matchup! Mario 64 (Team Mario, N64 Mario hats) VS Mario Odyssey (Team Wario, Cappy eyes Wedding hats)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The_Flintstones_-_Character_Profile_Image_-_Fred_Flintstone (1).png

Fred Flinstone

yes I am doing this for the meme. A classic cartoon character. It wouldn't be the first time Mario has delt with cavemen and dinosaurs. You could make a moveset that pulls from both the cartoons and the NES game. He'd come with content from his own show and other classic Hanna Barbera shows.

Top Bottom