• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Chargin' Chuck

Normally I'm not a sports guy, but an American Football player would translate really well into a platform fighter. That's why I'm nominating Chargin' Chuck, a Mario character that most everyone knows thanks to appearances in World and Odyssey, and who has had minor roles in spinoffs (including a playable slot in Super Rush, where he just forgets the game he's playing for his super move and throws a ****ing football. Unfathomably based).

Chargin' Chuck's hook would be Touchdown Taunts. After dealing a KO, Chargin' Chuck will perform a taunt which depends on his current action. For example, he might bump his chest with his fist in respect if he's currently walking, or he might breakdance if he's currently crouching. Like with Rawk Hawk's post-successful attack taunts, Chuck players can cancel the Touchdown Taunt by attacking at any point during the taunt.

1. Zelda
2. Pokemon

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chargin' Chuck's hook would be a gameplay gimmick that relates to American Football in some way. This can involve projectile manipulation (like WFT's soccer ball on a larger scale), some kind of system where the stage gets end zones, maybe even something to do with first, second, third and fourth downs? Lots of ways you could go here so I'll leave it open for if Chuck wins and gets a moveset job.
The hook is supposed to be specific and not vague, great submission otherwise though!

AlRex

Smash Lord
Submitting something very strange...
SM64_Mario_Head_1.png

Mario's Face is a recurring character(?)/element separate from Mario himself, ranging from Charles Martinet's debut as Mario in Mario Teaches Typing to Super Mario 64 being people's wider introduction to this interpretation of the character. To put it simply, it is Mario's floating, disembodied head. How does a floating, disembodied head fight? Well, I imagine a lot of headbutting, as well as the appearance of a hand cursor that would stretch his face out, much like Super Mario 64. In general, figuring out how a character who is all head would fight is a lot to figure out. I have done a moveset of this "character" before, bizarrely enough. I mean, if the Mario Wiki considers him to be enough of a separate character, then why not at least consider it?

For a specific hook, I imagine it would be the "hand cursor" itself, which could not only manipulate Mario's Face itself, but also certain surroundings and people, giving him a ridiculous grab game, aiding in allies' recoveries, grabbing items from afar, and anything else one could think of. Perhaps the overall kinks of it can be worked out, but giving him this much control and manipulation of his surrounding might make up for the fact that he is, well, just a head.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 357482
Mario's Face is a recurring character(?)/element separate from Mario himself, ranging from Charles Martinet's debut as Mario in Mario Teaches Typing to Super Mario 64 being people's wider introduction to this interpretation of the character. To put it simply, it is Mario's floating, disembodied head. How does a floating, disembodied head fight? Well, I imagine a lot of headbutting, as well as the appearance of a hand cursor that would stretch his face out, much like Super Mario 64. In general, figuring out how a character who is all head would fight is a lot to figure out. I have done a moveset of this "character" before, bizarrely enough. I mean, if the Mario Wiki considers him to be enough of a separate character, then why not at least consider it?
This submission is elegible, but you'll need to give a hook.

D

Deleted member

1. Zelda
2. Pokémon
DMW-HoneyQueen.png

Honey Queen
Might seem like a weird way to start but this is a game already known for its oddball picks. Her hook would be her size. Taking inspiration from MV's gaint characters, she'll be the biggest character in the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Metal Mario
See the source image

Okay hear me out. Why should we add a variation of a character like this when metal box already exists and there are other characters we could add? Well first off in the mario kart series Metal Mario has definitely been portrayed as different from Mario and I think if we focus on those differences and give him more of a personality we could turn him into a really popular character. Plus the name "Metal Mario" technically debuted in Super Smash Bros and re-adding him as a proper character could be a nice callback. I don't think he would be redundant with the metal box because the original Mario could look more like the mario 64 version of metal mario if he gets the metal box, and if Metal Mario gets the metal box he could turn into golden mario.

Gameplay wise he would obviously be a bit slower and heavier with stronger attacks than Mario, and have attacks based on power-ups as well as some attacks characters in smash have already. With some original attacks too of course. But I'll just cut to the chase, I think his hook should be a parry move. Maybe as a down b or something where if he presses it at the right time he can block an attack and build meter for some special moves only he has to compensate for how slow he would be. The idea is that he would be a character more for the competitive players and absorbing attacks would be reminiscent of how attacks can't hit him in super mario 64.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Foreman_Spike_(Mario_Character_Encyclopedia).png

Foreman Spike

The original Mario Bros. antagonist. While fading out of popularity (well, I'm not entirely sure if he was ever "popular" to begin with) and into the Mario history books. Nintendo has shown interest in reviving this character with his role in the Mario movie. We don't know if he'll be a major or minor character, but Nintendo must see something in him to put him next to the main cast. He could fight with hammers, construction equipment, and the original enemies of Wrecking Crew.

His hook would be that he would be rendered in classic 8-Bit sprite form. Kinda similar to how DK Jr looks in Mario Kart Tour. Of course there will be new sprites in the original style, I don't think you could really make a full moveset only with the sprites in the original game. And animations would be noticeably smoother than the NES in order to be less competitively annoying. Not anything big like 60fps animation or something, just a bit more smooth.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is a legal submission (I have a history of ineligible submissions lol) but this is legitimately one of my best ideas for the real smash so here goes:

Fighter Submission: DK Crew

As the world's biggest DK64 Apologist, I could never decide whether I wanted Lanky, Tiny, or Chunky. So, why not all three in one? This is a Pokemon Trainer-styled fighter in which one input would send each Kong into the Tag Barrel from Dk64 to swap out. The movesets for each kong would be pretty similar (using instruments and Funky's weapons), but would differ in range and damage dealt between each Kong.

Edit: Disregard DK and Diddy in the image, this is only the three Kongs introduced in DK64.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Metal Mario
See the source image

Okay hear me out. Why should we add a variation of a character like this when metal box already exists and there are other characters we could add? Well first off in the mario kart series Metal Mario has definitely been portrayed as different from Mario and I think if we focus on those differences and give him more of a personality we could turn him into a really popular character. Plus the name "Metal Mario" technically debuted in Super Smash Bros and re-adding him as a proper character could be a nice callback. I don't think he would be redundant with the metal box because the original Mario could look more like the mario 64 version of metal mario if he gets the metal box, and if Metal Mario gets the metal box he could turn into golden mario.

Gameplay wise he would obviously be a bit slower and heavier with stronger attacks than Mario, and have attacks based on power-ups as well as some attacks characters in smash have already. With some original attacks too of course. But I'll just cut to the chase, I think his hook should be a parry move. Maybe as a down b or something where if he presses it at the right time he can block an attack and build meter for some special moves only he has to compensate for how slow he would be. The idea is that he would be a character more for the competitive players and absorbing attacks would be reminiscent of how attacks can't hit him in super mario 64.
I don't think I can accept this because of the Metal Box item - Gold Mario already exists on the Wario's Castle stage.
I don't know if this is a legal submission (I have a history of ineligible submissions lol) but this is legitimately one of my best ideas for the real smash so here goes:

Fighter Submission: DK Crew

As the world's biggest DK64 Apologist, I could never decide whether I wanted Lanky, Tiny, or Chunky. So, why not all three in one? This is a Pokemon Trainer-styled fighter in which one input would send each Kong into the Tag Barrel from Dk64 to swap out. The movesets for each kong would be pretty similar (using instruments and Funky's weapons), but would differ in range and damage dealt between each Kong.

Edit: Disregard DK and Diddy in the image, this is only the three Kongs introduced in DK64.
I don't think I can accept this because Tiny is already an alt for Timber. I'm sorry for not mentioning this (I didn't think it'd be relevant), but alt costume disconfirms do still apply - additionally, this submission doesn't have a hook other than just generally being a stance fighter

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I can accept this because of the Metal Box item - Gold Mario already exists on the Wario's Castle stage.

I don't think I can accept this because Tiny is already an alt for Timber. I'm sorry for not mentioning this (I didn't think it'd be relevant), but alt costume disconfirms do still apply - additionally, this submission doesn't have a hook other than just generally being a stance fighter
Gotcha. Will come back with a hopefully eligible fighter next job lol.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong

C68B843E-391A-4F1E-96D8-23A9BD37D572.jpeg

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cranky Kong

View attachment 357518

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.
What is his hook?

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for the lack of an image, but I just came up with this and needed to get it out before I go out for most of the afternoon.

Fighter: Lakitu
Lakitu is one of the oldest Mario enemies, being around since the original Super Mario Bros. This, in addition to his role as the face of the Mario Kart franchise, makes him an iconic character and worthy of playable status.

Now, what’s his hook? Well, aside from probably using a literal hook as a special or grab, Lakitu comes with a very special mechanic.

Basically, Lakitu can freely fly, similarly to Mage Ganondorf’s float in a few Brawl mods. However, Lakitu can fly as much as he wants by using his second midair jump. Lakitu doesn’t take standard knockback when using his flight, but will be pushed away. This is a pretty broken ability, which is why it comes with a catch; Lakitu can only fly away beyond a certain distance from the stage, similarly to how Steve can only place blocks so close to the blast zone. If Lakitu is launched beyond this radius, he will lose his cloud, being reduced to a single midair jump and five aerials until he returns within , after which he will gain a new cloud.

In short, Lakitu’s hook is being an air god, with tons of movement options and indefinite air time, but a staggering weakness to keep him from dominating his opponents from above.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
This is gonna be a really wacky pick but…

Handaconda

The hook is that the Handaconda is not only a very large character with a very abnormal body shape, but it will also have access to a special Rock Paper Scissors ability, allowing it to engage opponents in RPS matches for a chance of inflicting damage and/or status effects. And while I don’t have specifics yet, perhaps it could come with some representation of the Ring Battle mechanics?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The next conquest will be the highly topical Cold Weather vs. Hot Weather!

1. Metroid set
  2. Splatoon set = 2
  3. Xenoblade set = 2
  4. The Legend of Zelda set = 6
  5. Pokémon set = 11
Pokémon will be gaining a cosmetics set!

Pauline

Let's be frank, we all know "where's Pauline?" would be the question on everyone's lips if this was a real game. (OK, that and "why are Nintendo suddenly playing buddy-buddy with the PM devs?")

Pauline's hook is her music. While this doesn't effect gameplay, every time she uses a music-related attack it'll be done to the tune of the background music (with the exception of ambient tracks of course, which would just default to the SMB overworld music) - an all-Pauline 8 player match opens up an equivalent to hundreds of new songs!

1. Pokémon
  2. Zelda
Chargin' Chuck

Normally I'm not a sports guy, but an American Football player would translate really well into a platform fighter. That's why I'm nominating Chargin' Chuck, a Mario character that most everyone knows thanks to appearances in World and Odyssey, and who has had minor roles in spinoffs (including a playable slot in Super Rush, where he just forgets the game he's playing for his super move and throws a ****ing football. Unfathomably based).

Chargin' Chuck's hook would be Touchdown Taunts. After dealing a KO, Chargin' Chuck will perform a taunt which depends on his current action. For example, he might bump his chest with his fist in respect if he's currently walking, or he might breakdance if he's currently crouching. Like with Rawk Hawk's post-successful attack taunts, Chuck players can cancel the Touchdown Taunt by attacking at any point during the taunt.

1. Zelda
2. Pokemon
View attachment 357482

For a specific hook, I imagine it would be the "hand cursor" itself, which could not only manipulate Mario's Face itself, but also certain surroundings and people, giving him a ridiculous grab game, aiding in allies' recoveries, grabbing items from afar, and anything else one could think of. Perhaps the overall kinks of it can be worked out, but giving him this much control and manipulation of his surrounding might make up for the fact that he is, well, just a head.
1. Zelda
2. Pokémon
View attachment 357495
Honey Queen
Might seem like a weird way to start but this is a game already known for its oddball picks. Her hook would be her size. Taking inspiration from MV's gaint characters, she'll be the biggest character in the roster.
Cranky Kong

View attachment 357518

Sorry for the lack of an image, but I just came up with this and needed to get it out before I go out for most of the afternoon.

Fighter: Lakitu
Lakitu is one of the oldest Mario enemies, being around since the original Super Mario Bros. This, in addition to his role as the face of the Mario Kart franchise, makes him an iconic character and worthy of playable status.

Now, what’s his hook? Well, aside from probably using a literal hook as a special or grab, Lakitu comes with a very special mechanic.

Basically, Lakitu can freely fly, similarly to Mage Ganondorf’s float in a few Brawl mods. However, Lakitu can fly as much as he wants by using his second midair jump. Lakitu doesn’t take standard knockback when using his flight, but will be pushed away. This is a pretty broken ability, which is why it comes with a catch; Lakitu can only fly away beyond a certain distance from the stage, similarly to how Steve can only place blocks so close to the blast zone. If Lakitu is launched beyond this radius, he will lose his cloud, being reduced to a single midair jump and five aerials until he returns within , after which he will gain a new cloud.

In short, Lakitu’s hook is being an air god, with tons of movement options and indefinite air time, but a staggering weakness to keep him from dominating his opponents from above.
This is gonna be a really wacky pick but…

Handaconda

The hook is that the Handaconda is not only a very large character with a very abnormal body shape, but it will also have access to a special Rock Paper Scissors ability, allowing it to engage opponents in RPS matches for a chance of inflicting damage and/or status effects. And while I don’t have specifics yet, perhaps it could come with some representation of the Ring Battle mechanics?
  1. Handaconda (Hook: Rock Paper Scissors battles)
  2. Lakitu (Hook: Free flying)
  3. Cranky Kong (Hook: Quips about foes)
  4. Honey Queen (Hook: True giant size)
  5. Mario's Head (Hook: Cursor)
  6. Chargin Chuck (Hook: Touchdown Taunts)
  7. Pauline (Hook: Sing a long)
Please vote for your top 3. Try to consider that this will be the first Mario character of the DLC

Baysha Baysha I can't allow your Foreman Spike submission due to the existence of the Pixelated Perpetrator Pack

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit entrance animations for base game!
Please submit as many or as little entrance animations as you wish for the following fighters
  1. Sonic
  2. Mad Piano
  3. Prince Peasley
  4. Rabbid Peach
  5. Warupichi and Warudaisi
  6. Imajin
  7. Jimmy T.
  8. Madame Broode
  9. Kamek & Toady
  10. Professor E. Gadd
  11. Rawk Hawk
  12. President Koopa (Evolved)
  13. President Koopa (Devolved)
Vote in the conquest!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Pauline
  2. Cranky
  3. Head

Intros
  1. Warupichi drives the party van into the stage, when she comes out Warudaisi is revealed to be chewing on her arm
  2. A completely normal piano is present and doesn't do anything, it doesn't become "mad" until a button is pressed, not when the countdown is over
  3. A Rabbid falls into the stage with a Peach plush toy, then gets Supamerged with it to become Rabbid Peach - if you're playing as the regular Rabbid alt this animation plays in reverse
  4. Imajin comes out of a door that then disappears
  5. The Sonic 1 emblem appears, Sonic hops out of it and finger wags

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Honey Queen
Lakitu
Handaconda

Kamek flies onto the screen on his broom. He makes his voice sound effect from Yoshi’s Island as he does so. Toadie is right behind him.

Rawk Hawk is already on the stage, with his back to the screen. A spotlight shines on him and he turns to the screen with a crowd pleasing pose, triggering cheers from the audience.

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Chargin' Chuck
  2. Cranky
  3. Mario Head
----
Victory Animations
  • Sonic: Sonic jumps out of a Giant Ring.
  • Prince Peasley: Prince Peasley flies onto the stage on his little hovercraft (not sure if it has an actual name, but he's using it on the superstar saga box art)
  • Rabbid Peach: The Time Washing Machine from Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time appears, with Rabbid Peach stepping out of it as it vanishes.
  • Jimmy T: Jimmy T. is seen in shadow as a spotlight hovers around him. Once the spotlight focuses on him, he becomes unshadowed and strikes a pose.
  • Professor E. Gadd: Professor E. Gadd warps onto the stage via the Pixelator.
  • Kamek & Toady: Kamek whizzes onto the stage via his broomstick. Looking around and noticing something's missing, he barks an order towards whichever side of the screen he came from, prompting the Toady to fly into view.
  • Rawk Hawk: Rawk Hawk drops down from the top of the screen and poses as smoke cannons go off around him.
  • Evolved Pres. Koopa: President Koopa is driven onto the stage via limousine.
  • Devolved Pres. Koopa: President Koopa, already on stage, is hit by a stray Devolution Gun shot, causing him to devolve before roaring.
One last thing, I love WaWaWa's Mad Piano entrance, but I think it'd be funny if you could trigger the "mad" state during the countdown with a button press as a means to jumpscare your opponent.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've decided that, since animation polls usually don't get many votes - especially whe seperated, I'll be adding the entrances by default with a priority order of Torgo > Me > FazDude due to the quantity of submissions, is everyone OK with this?

Cold Weather wins the conquest!

1. Lakitu = 2
  2. Handaconda = 4
  3. Mario's Head = 6
  4. Chargin Chuck = 8
  5. Cranky Kong = 17
  6. Honey Queen = 17
  7. Pauline = 18
Making it in by a tight squeeze, Pauline joins the battle!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Pauline's moveset!
Remember that Pauline's hook would require her moveset to heavily utilise music! Doesn't necessarily have to be singing though

Submit Pauline's victory theme!

Submit Pauline's Final Smash!

We'll do animations tomorrow.

Submit a new conquest!
Specifically themed prompts will likely be done for the next conquest, but for now anything goes.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Pauline Moveset

Pauline's default would be her dress from Odyssey and she would hold a microphone in her off-hand.

Gimmick: Rhythm Meter, This meter increases the damage and size of certain moves, this meter charges by using certain moves. This meter decreases by taking damage.

Music Note Projectile: All Projectiles in her move set are Music note projectiles and these projectiles infect your opponent with an earworm which allows them to lose focus. This gives the opponent the ability to trip similar to that from brawl for a few seconds.

Neutral Special: Sing, Pauline puts the microphone down and starts singing and snapping her fingers, an aura surrounds pauline and this aura slows and damages opponents caught in it. This move also increases her Rhythm meter. This move is affected by the rhythm meter making it bigger as the meter gets higher.

Side Special: Dissonant/Consonant Chord, Pauline stretches out her hand and belts out either a Dissonant Chord or a Consonant Chord. The Chords are 3 music note projectiles that move in a spread pattern. Dissonant Chords only appear when Pauline's Rhythm meter is less than 50% and they have a 100% chance to appear when the Rhythm meter is at 0%. Dissonant Chords deal more damage but have little to no knockback. Consonant Chords appear at all times except for when the rhythm meter is at 0%. Consonant Chords deal a lot of knockback and can KO at low-ish percentages.

Up Special: Superstar Jump!/Sound Shield, Superstar Jump! only appears in the air and Pauline Jumps into the air with musical notes surrounding her. enemies that touch the notes take damage. This move is affected by the rhythm meter it deals more damage when the meter is high. Sound Shield is on the ground, Pauline hums a tune and is surrounded with a measure of 5 Music Notes that protect her from attacks and deals damage to those who touch it. Sound shield consumes 10% of Paulines Rhythm meter.

Down Special: Mini Pauline Metronome, Pauline places down a mini pauline. These mini paulines act as metronomes that keep time and fire a projectile forward in whatever direction they are facing. after a bit the Mini Pauline explodes stunning opponents next to it. This move increases the Rhythm meter when Pauline is next to them . This moves projectile increases size when the Rhythm meter is higher.

Final Smash

Break Free.

Pauline starts singing as many buildings from the New Donk City festival appear in the background and many music notes and fireworks shoot out from Pauline that follow opponents and damage them, These projectiles only fire if you play the rhythm minigame that appears during this FS similar to DK's old FS. She ends off with one giant explosion emitting from her. After the FS her Rhythm Meter Fills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom