• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 3 (REBOOT)

Should this game have a unique gimmick of some form?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Sonic_MSG_item_box_speed.png

High Speed Shoes

This is a case of them already having the perfect pick imo. We could probably play around with it a bit but I think having our first item being from Sonic makes sense.

Also definitely yes to keeping All Star moves

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Radaxian Castle. I think this'd be a fun one to see, and it taking inspiration from the Bowser's Castle tracks in the Mario Kart series is a clever move.
2. Lost Stars. I think this is an incredibly inventive and unique submission overall. Really inspired!

As for Job #13, I'll go with:

Item Name: White Wisp
Item Origin: Sonic Colours

...yeah, this is just from TSR, but I felt this would be a good option to have! Basic speed booster, can hold up to three - though in this case, it acts as a better reference to the Boost seen in the Sonic series and has an afterimage-like trail behind the user when used.

I've already given my two cents on the All-Stars, so I'll hold my peace!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Lost Stars
2. Radaxian City

I’m with @Darkonedagger using the High Speed Shoes/Power Sneakers

I’m fine keeping all star moves to help separate this game from Mario Kart

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, let's wrap things up right here!

»»————-  :starman:  ————-««​

First up, as for our Alex Kidd track, we actually have a tie between Radaxian City and The Lost Stars! In this case, we may as well do a tiebreaker vote to distinguish between the two. The highest-voted will be our next track!

Also, as for Discussion Round 5 - given the resounding support for the return of All-Stars, I think it's only fair we keep them around!

Next up is voting for our new items! These are:

Rocket Booster (Fantasy Zone) - tonygameman tonygameman
High-Speed Shoes (Sonic the Hedgehog) - @Darkonedagger
White Wisp (Sonic the Hedgehog) - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Feel free to vote for your top two this time around!

Also, given All-Stars are coming back, one more voting round: Should Sonic's All-Star remain as Super Sonic? Feel free to vote yes or no! (If the vote ends up being no, a future job will open this up, but I'm pretty sure Super Sonic would be the most logical option. Nonetheless, feel free to surprise me! Also, please try and provide an alternative if you think no. Thank you!)

Anyways, a lot less than normal today - given it's essentially a second voting round (oops) - but I hope this is interesting nonetheless! Keep yourselves safe and well.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Lost Stars (no need to self-vote, this was a based submission!)

1. High-Speed Shoes. This seems like a logical and pretty fun choice all things considered!
2. Rocket Booster. Lowkey, this would be very cool, but I feel like it could be better as a more long-lasting move as opposed to just a basic speed booster. Really inventive though!

Also, I'm kinda stumped, so I'd just vote to keep Super Sonic. lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
My vote goes to The Lost Stars! It's a lot of fun and reminds me of the way they handled NİGHTS's stage in Transformed but with a unique twist.

1. Rocket Booster
  2. High-Speed Shoes

Finally, yeah, Super Sonic should come back, especially after its roles in Sonic Movie 2 and Frontiers were celebrated so much. It's also a very straightforward All-Star Move, which fits the game's face.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Rocket Booster
  2. High-Speed Shoes (both are equally great honestly. The speed shoes are more well known, but the rocket booster makes more sense for a racing title IMO)

Whilst I think super forms in general are overplayed and a bit obvious; Sonic is one of the trend setters for it, and Super Sonic is just way way too iconic to the character to skip it as the best choice IMO. Yes to Super Sonic!

Finally Radaxian City. Honestly whatever gets picked I'm going to have a ball coming up with neat little Alex Kidd tidbits to include in the track.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Let's wrap things up!

Starting out with the track: The Lost Stars is our second track! Congrats to YoshiandToad YoshiandToad for this one.
As for the item, the Rocket Engine won this round - congrats to tonygameman tonygameman here! (Also, I'm really sorry about messing up the name!)
Lastly, a decisive vote in favour of Super Sonic means he's sticking around as Sonic's All-Star!

Well, we may as well have a couple of jobs! First up:

Job #13: Submit Cassettes for The Lost Stars!
Similarly to how we have our musical choices for Angel Island Zone, we'd need three basic cassettes and two bonus picks for this one. Feel free to pick some interesting or unusual choices if you like! (I'm actually really excited to see what everyone comes up with!)

Job #14: Submit an All-Star for Tails!
Pretty self-explanatory. What should Tails's All-Star be?

Sorry this is an hour or so late, got caught up with other stuff! Anyways, keep yourselves safe, much love!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #14: Tornado Boost

This would function similarly to Tails' All-Star Move from the first game. However, rather than creating a single tornado, Tails would gain a speed boost and the ability to launch small whirlwinds as its boosts forward while doing a barrel roll.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #13: The Lost Stars' Cassettes
  1. Miracle World Medley (composed by Tee Lopes, and we pretty much cannot skip the iconic theme song itself)
  2. The Lost Stars Medley (Remix; this cassette is closer to the track's inspiration - once again, the song will change between laps; Toy/Monster World for the first one, then World of Make Believe/Ziggurat's Shrine and finally, Machine World/Giant's Body)
  3. Blackwood Forest & Cactus Desert (BMX Trial was basically Alex Kidd's only own racing title, if we don't count vehicle segments in his platforming games)
  4. Sky Castle (The Enchanted Castle; Bonus)
  5. Main Theme (Pit Pot) (Bonus; the prequel game which starred Alex's brother Prince Egle, or Igul depending on how you call him, as a hammer-armed knight)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Alrighty, some awesome ideas this time around!

Starting with our votes for The Lost Stars's Cassettes, tonygameman tonygameman nabs the win with his submission! (Congrats!)

Oh, and as for Tails's All-Star, the submissions are:

Mini-Tornadoes (Transformed) - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Super Tails - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Tornado Boost - osby osby
Cyclone Walker - Janx_uwu Janx_uwu

Feel free to go right ahead and vote for your top three - the submission with the most votes will be Tails's All-Star!

You may have noticed a glaring omission of content for one specific starting-roster character so far. Well, I DECLARE ROBOTNIK DAY. MUAHAHAHAH

Job #15: Submit a vehicle for Dr. Eggman!
Despite Sonic and Tails having had many vehicles of their very own in the past, I think one character who we can say with absolute certainty has a veritable garage full of candidates is the ever-evil Eggman himself. I'm interested to see what y'all come up with!

As ever, much love to you all, and do keep yourselves safe and well out there. Peace!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Super Tails (really unique concept - I like it! It's an awesome take on the Super formula that I'd love to see return one day, hehe)
2. Tornado Boost (DO A BARREL ROLL)
3. Cyclone Walker (This seems like it'd be really cool as a reference, but might feel a little odd whilst playing it. Still, though, very inventive!)

And, for Job #15:

Vehicle Name: Egg Drillster
Vehicle Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

1673813981837.png

Say what you will about this beast, but it's iconic, unusual, and has plenty of potential. Being one of the first bosses from one of the most iconic games in the series helps, and so do its myriad appearances in anything from Sonic Advance all the way to the comics - but also, I think it'd just be incredibly cool. (Also, if you needed an All-Star involving the Eggmobile, it could just helicopter out of the car!) It doesn't hurt that this vehicle (or a variation of it, at least) was actually planned, but scrapped, for the first game. I think this could be cool!

Top Bottom