• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates: Smashing Boards (The SmashBoards platfighter!)

Yiptap

Smash Lord

"Hello. Masahiro Sakurai here. I am here to present Super Smash Bros 6-"

All of a sudden, John SmashBoards breaks into Sakurai's studio and knocks him out with a comically large mallet.

John SmashBoards: "Phew, that's better. Anyway, John SmashBoards here! Now that I have raided Sakurai's studio, I have all the materials needed to make a big Platform Fighter! But I can't do it alone. I need you guys, the members of SmashBoards and citizens of Gamer World, to help me create it. I will make jobs, and you have to submit for them! And just so you know, there are little to no limits for who you can sub, as long as they fit the job. Want to sub Pizza Steve? Go ahead! Just don't sub, like, NFTs or other dumb stuff like that. Please remember to be civil by the way. Anyway, that's enough chit-chat! Help me out, will ya?"

TBA

"Have fun!"​

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 1: Submit a character!
No limits to this one!

Job 2: Submit a stage!
No limits here neither

Job 3: Submit a future prompt!
You can be specific, but not too specific. If you want Flat Eric in, you can't submit "Submit a French puppet used in the music videos of the French House artist called Mr. Oizo". You can submit however, "Submit a puppet" or "Submit a French character".

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Character will come soon. For now, your stage is...

WOAOAOHHHHOAOAHHH STORY OF UNDERTALE
The stage is the SmashVille equivalent. It takes place on a flying platform in a black void. The Undertale characters from 0:00 to 0:08 appear in the background, chanting "WOAOAOHHHHOAOAHHH STORY OF UNDERTALE" for the entire match. Their voices drown out the music that plays on the stage.

Made a crappy stage layout in 5 minutes

(characters represented: pizza steve and flat eric)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 1: Bootleg Metal Sonic

An unofficial Sonic The Fighters plushie from Thailand. I love him with all of my heart and that's why he should be in.

JOB 2: The SmashBoards Profile Post Section
The stage layout is like Smashville, where you fight on the most recent profile post. With hazards on, each post falls after 20-40 seconds to make room for a new one. They can also gain likes (which hurt you if you're near the like button when it happens) or you can get straight-up spiked by new replies if you're below them when they're posted.

JOB 3: Submit a time-traveling psychokinetic hedgehog who debuted in 2006

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Character:
o.png

O (Smashboards Logo)
An iconic part of Smashboards that everyone who uses the site sees all the time. It's definitely been around for a long time. For the moveset, it can squash and stretch and even transform into various other objects that start with O.

Stage:
SSBU-Battlefield.png

Battlefield but the leftmost platform is slightly higher than usual
A huge improvement for the original stage

Prompt:
Submit the 7th most recent image in your downloads folder

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 1: Pizza Steve

You said I could submit him so I did. There are a surprising amount of people online with pizza steve tattoos

Job 2: Cry For Help
969718EF-E4C5-4918-8F40-002A070560A0.jpeg

One of the developers from bandai namco I kidnapped employed in order to make this game gave me this idea for a stage and I don’t know what it’s a reference to but I like the design and layout!

Job 3: Submit an Uncle Grandpa cast member

Last edited:
Job 1:
Tankman (Newgrounds)
1662276969825.png
A mascot from Newgrounds made by Andrew J Brozyna in 2000 and remade by JohnnyUtah in 2006. In smashboards, he is an user who likes to participate in various creation threads and forum game threads.

For his moveset, he would use his tank and newgrounds properties in his arsenal. Also he would say random pop culture references as his side taunt.
Job 2:
Super Smash Bros. Infinite thread
SSBI thread is a creation thread that acts like a SSBU sequel and there are many people participating here. It was responsible for popularity of creation thread like "Battle of AGES" and even this thread.

As a stage, it would be vertically scrolling stage and the comments & submissions are the soft platforms that players stand on it. The cameo characters are Infinite newcomers like Crazy Dave & Marin (we also include DLC characters like Red from Angry Birds and Geno from SMRPG) and Smash Infinite thread participants.
Job 3:
"Submit a comedy character"

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
No limits to this one!

No limits here neither

You can be specific, but not too specific. If you want Flat Eric in, you can't submit "Submit a French puppet used in the music videos of the French House artist called Mr. Oizo". You can submit however, "Submit a puppet" or "Submit a French character".
Job #01: Psycho Villager

If a tree falls in the forest, will anyone hear you scream? Utilising the various parts of Animal Crossing's gameplay with a psychotic twist, this cute-looking axe murderer is sure to be an interesting opponent to face off against. This good old-fashioned Sm4sh era meme might have seemed funny at the time, but when you see his cold, dead eyes approaching you, you won't be laughing.

Job #02: It Appears That You Are Using Ad Block :'(

1662285092957.png

An iconic stage based on a message that most SmashBoards users have seen at some point or another, the mostly flat layout with the additions of platforms on either side acts as a tournament legal stage that can be used in tournaments because it's tournament legal (it has more than one platform and is not tournament legal.) Note that the stage has a 30% chance of not working when you select it

Job #03: Submit a character that can use a variation of Melee Fox's moveset.
He might be top-tier in that game, but in the words of the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite developer Peter Rosas, "If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things." This should be a character that is able to use Fox's moveset and mechanics from Melee, whilst not explicitly being "Fox McCloud."

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Charatcer: Joseph Williamson(Real Life/Doctor Who)
Screenshot 2022-09-04 7.53.53 AM.png

Joseph Williamson alias the Mad Mole was a Liverpool merchant known for pooling his money into building bizarre pathways within Edge Hill, but he became a personal ensemble dark horse for me due to that in his early appearances in Doctor Who: Flux, he shows once in places he's not supposed to be in, berates someone and then leaves never to be seen again for the rest of the episode. His moveset will be a mixture of digging and interdimensional portals.

Stage: Sans World(CallMeCarson)
Screenshot 2022-09-04 8.14.20 AM.png

Sans World is an amusement park located in hell that has attractions such as The Yawning Abyss, The Merciless Sun God and Pizza Steve

Job 3: Submit yourself

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
No limits to this one!

No limits here neither

Does the character have to be related to Smashboards?

FazDude

Smash Master
Character: Annalynn

Champion of the mines, a profile post regular, and an All-Star Strife contestant, Annalynn would make a great addition to our roster. I do actually have a full moveset in mind for this character, sticking to a somewhat simplistic kit with a focus on trapping (similarly to one of Anna's inspirations, Pac-Man).

Stage: Box Dimension

Hailing from Club Penguin, this stage's aesthetic would set it apart from the others. Plus, having various box portals would make for a fun way to traverse the stage.

Prompt: Submit an original character who has appeared in a non-crossover centric platfighter (Rivals of Aether, Brawlhalla, etc.).

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job 1: Team Rocket
1649790043967.png

Prepare for trouble and make it double! These bad guys have been trying to capture rare Pokémon ever since episode 2 of the Pokémon anime and will always get blasted off again. I feel like they can be a stance fighter, ether controlling Meowth and Wobbuffet, or Jessie and James. Meowth and Wobbuffet will scratch up the opponents, and Jesse and James will use their Pokémon to make their opponents send flying on the wind and past the stars!

Job 2: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
ultimate_showdown.png

Good guys, bad guys, and explosions! As far as the eye can see! This stage will represent one of the most popular web animations and one of the best Neil Cicierega songs. As you fight on the stage, moments from the song happen, like Godzilla being blocked by Shaq, or an army of characters beating up Chuck Norris! And of course, Mr. Rodgers will be there in his blood-stained sweater too!

Job 3: Submit a variation of Kirby.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1: The Eddie Murphy Head

409273.jpg

To stick with the SmashBoards theme, let's add in a profile pic representative. Representing KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and her profile pic in particular, Eddie Murphy's head would be a fighter. He can just roll around and recite Eddie Murphy quotes for moves.

Job 2: The Wavedashing Thread

Link to the thread

If this is a SmashBoards fighter, let's honor the fact that this site was the discovery site for wave dashing. This will be the Final Destination of this game.

Job 3:

Submit a character from a platform fighter/fighting game creation thread roster.

This is going to be an...interesting thread to say the least.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job 1: The Hamburglar
BB25DB7E-11D8-4E3C-87D9-86F99F1EECCA.jpeg

I’m just looking through my camera roll on my phone, to be honest, but the Hamburglar is funny and could have a potentially interesting moveset with his thievery and hamburgers.

Job 2: Sad YouTube Thumbnail
9633F8DE-200A-4544-8089-FD7FD896B338.jpeg

More camera roll stuff. I imagine you’re just fighting on top of a box. It’s depressing, though.

Job 3: Submit a toy as a character
Even if it isn’t a toy meant to represent a character.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, voting should be later today. But before that, here are a few things I'd like to stress:

1. I know this is the "SmashBoards platform fighter", but this isn't supposed to be about SmashBoards. A couple of references here and there would be alright, but I don't want every stage to be a SmashBoards thread, or every character to be a SmashBoards reference. This is supposed to be a memey platfighter by SmashBoards, for SmashBoards.

2. With that being said, please don't get too meme-y with the subs. This is kind of vague, so just don't sub, like, Waluigi's left shoe, or something like that. I'd really like it if stuff like that wasn't the norm for submissions.

3. With that being said, you can sub serious stuff that you like, but don't expect it to get in. If you do sub something you seriously like, I'd recommend going meme-y with your pitch. So if you wanted to sub Scrimblo Bimblo, your favorite ensemble dark horse, it would likely be better if you went like "This guy is kind of fire fr fr 😳" rather than "Scrimblo Bimblo is the main character from 1999 platformer, Skrunco Adventure..." This isn't a rule, just advice.

I'm going to be lenient here and not reject anything this job, but I'd still like for you guys to keep these things in mind.

Anyways, time for my character sub...

JOB 1: NO DAVID!

David, the biggest menace to society, breaks into Smashing Boards! He would use his villainous moves to fight, such as smashing fishbowls and swinging his baseball bat. We need at least some villains in the roster.

JOB 3: SUBMIT A FRENCH / FRANCE-RELATED CHARACTER
Although it's an excuse to submit Flat Eric, I think it could genuinely be a somewhat interesting prompt.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #04:
Assist Trophy Name: Waluigi
Series of Origin: Super Mario

A crooked mustache and a long, red nose--Waluigi has "villain" written all over him. He considers himself Luigi's rival. He's cunning and quick. When summoned into battle, he'll rush the nearest fighters and stomp them into the ground--then thwack them with his foot or tennis racket!

Job #05:
Honestly, Random Images is a cool idea. My only real suggestion here is that I think it'd be funny if they're summoned from fake PNGs and leap out of the fake PNG background when summoned.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 4: Winston from Overwatch

Winston from Overwatch
would jump up around the stage, saying Overwatch and hitting you with his big electric gun thing

JOB 5: LCD Games

Playable low-budget, low-light minigames that are themed around random IP's (and certain entities might get more LCD games depending on if they have other content in Smashing Boards). You can play them in fullscreen or while viewing the actual console in full.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 4: LeBron James

LeBron James is the renowned star of the 2021 animated masterpiece Space Jam: A New Legacy, joining forces with Looney Tunes stars in order to save his son from Al-G Rhythm. He also plays basketball, I think.

When summoned, LeBron starts dribbling a basketball as he runs around the stage, occasionally leaping into the air to perform a serious dunk. However, he can also carry opponents upwards with him, leading to nasty spikes.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 4: Long Dennis(Caddicarus)
Me:Well I don't have an idea for this, so I'm just going to look to my left now and...
Screenshot 2022-09-07 7.18.47 AM.png
Me: Good God Who are you?
Long Dennis: I'm LOOOONG Dennis
Me: (Beat) Why are you in my house?
Long Dennis:I want to be an assist for Smashing Boards
Me: Well what do you do?
Long Dennis: In one hand I have a special prize! On the other, THE WICKED ITCH!
Me:..That hand.
Long Dennis: OOOOH NOOOO! You picked that the one with THE WICKED ITCH!
(Long Dennis tries to tickle you. Despite the longness of his arms, he barely manages to scratch your face)
Me: (Long Beat) The other one
Long Dennis: CONGRATS! You get a Special Prize!
Me: (To myself) What is this bit?

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Sorry bout the wait! Kind of eating **** irl, so I took a small break. Now, let's get to the results! The top three will be added in.

Let's start with fighters. With 6 votes, Eddie Murphy Car won! Congrats to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , and technically KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ! As for the next two... We had a 3-way tie between Bigley, Pizza Steve, and PaRappa! I put it through a randomizer, and....
Pizza Steve and Bigley are in! Congratulations to Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear and Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule !

As for the stages, I'm just gonna cut to the chase. It Appears That You Are Using Ad Block :'(, Box Dimesnion, and The Ultimate Showdown win! Good job KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , FazDude FazDude , and Owen23 Owen23 !

Now for the prompts. The winners were clear. Soon, you will be subbing the seventh most recent image in your downloads folder, a fr*nch character, and a comedy character. Nice work Baysha Baysha , Yiptap Yiptap , and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

Submissions are still open, though the poll will be tomorrow.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 6: The Ghost Gang (Pac-Man)
GhostGangMain.png

They sure are the seventh most recent image in my downloads folder.

(ok i genuinely don't know how to put a memey spin on these guys but i think they'd be cool)

Also, by the way, the Assist vote only lets you select one option as opposed to three.

Last edited:
Top Bottom