• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Project X Zone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What is Project X Zone?
Project X Zone is a series of crossover RPGS featuring characters from three Japanese video game publishers teaming up in a grand adventure to fight some sort of evil force. The series actually has its roots in the 2005 Japan only PS2 game Namco X Capcom, which featured characters from the two publishers. The series then lay dormant untill 2012's Project x Zone for the 3DS, which added Sega to the fray. The biggest surprise then came in the 2015 sequal, which added characters from Nintendo's Fire Emblem and Xenoblade franchises to the pile.

Sadly, a third instalment looks unlikely as the producer of these games left Namco a while back. That's where we step in.

This will be a smaller creation thread as I'm very busy irl and doing this is very different to a Fighting Game thread. We will of course add new characters. But also new gameplay elements. We will do some basic story outline stuff but no won't do specific chapters or such for now as that could be a nightmare.

Characters:

Pair Units:
Namco:
  • Reiji Arisu & Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom)
Capcom:
Sega:

Solo Unts:
Namco:
Capcom:
Sega

Gameplay features:
Enemies:
Bosses:
Music:
Misc

I will be posting our first jobs shortly

D

Deleted member

Job 1:
How many characters:

Not an exciting one. But an important one. How many characters. And how should It be split between pairs and solos. And of course. Between companies.

Job 2:
How many, if any, new companies?

I don't want this to turn into one of those fan pitches that has the entire Japanese gaming industry in here. But I wouldn't mind one or two. Don't pitch who yet. Just how many, or if you don't want any new ones.

Job 3:
Should Nintnedo Return?:

Chrom, Lucina and Fiora where a big part of the 2nd game. Should Nintendo Return and what should their role be? The same? Expanded? Don't pitch characters yet.

D

Deleted member

Job 1:
How many characters:

Not an exciting one. But an important one. How many characters. And how should It be split between pairs and solos. And of course. Between companies.

Job 2:

I don't want this to turn into one of those fan pitches that has the entire Japanese gaming industry in here. But I wouldn't mind one or two. Don't pitch who yet. Just how many, or if you don't want any new ones.

Job 3:
Should Nintnedo Return?:

Chrom, Lucina and Fiora where a big part of the 2nd game. Should Nintendo Return and what should their role be? The same? Expanded? Don't pitch characters yet.

D

Deleted member

Job 1:
How many characters:

Job 2:

Job 3:
Should Nintnedo Return?:

D

Deleted member

Job 1:
How many characters:

Job 2:

Job 3:
Should Nintnedo Return?:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 1

64 characters with an even split of pairs and assists.

32 pairs, 32 assists

for reference PxZ 2 had 19 pairs and 20 assists and if we are going to add any new companies it would be smart to compensate.

Job 2

1 company

Job 3

Yes they should return but should only have Fire emblem and Xenoblade characters.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Job 1:

Cant think of an exact number, that's not really my forte lol

Job 2:

1 company

Job 3:

This could go both ways, if it were up to me they would be included in the same capacity as the other 3 companies but i know that would make it a big cluster**** of a plot. Especially if we include one more company on top of them. lol

I guess the easiest solution is too make the game longer to compensate for the added amount of characters, which could work. since were working with Switch technology instead of 3DS technology.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 1:
How many characters:

aghhhhh... This really depends on how much story/interactions we'll be writing. If it's a lot, I'd limit it to like.. 7-8 pairs per company and 8-9 solo units. If it's not too much, I think we could go a bit higher.

Job 2:

Don't mind 1 or 2 new companies. Though the big three and Nintendo have enough content for the amount of pairs and solos I've suggested.

Job 3:
Should Nintnedo Return?:

Yes, but not as a full company. Like in PxZ2, Nintendo would get a few pairs and solos but not as much as the rest. I'd like if FE and Xenoblade stayed and were joined by 1 or 2 older Nintendo franchises. I also kind of don't see any of Nintendo's major flagships like Zelda and Metroid making it but this is imaginary of course.

Last edited:
This thread sounds fun to me!
Job 1:
The roster could be same as cashregister9 cashregister9 said.
32 Pairs, 32 Assists.

Job 2:
1 or 2 Companies. I believe that could be 2, because we could make Nintendo and Square Enix as companies or etc.
(I don't want to exaggerate with companies tho)

Job 3:
Heck yes, Nintendo would fit.
And establish it as Main company like SEGA, since this game is gonna be Switch-exclusive.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job numbah 2

I'd rather not do any new companies, but if we do, I think it should be just one and with the same amount of content Nintendo got last game

Job numbah 3

So, like, I'd like it if Nintendo got to have the full treatment but in all honesty it's prolly the right move to keep it limited. I do wanna see something else thrown in besides FE and Xenoblade tho

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Locking per a request we received. Let us know if you want it open after all or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom