• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think we got all we pretty much need for the base game besides movesets which people can just submit anytime they want so if we’re doing DLC I say we move to that sooner than later. Maybe a final job for enemies from series that don’t have any but that’s about it.

I think our roster, in general, could have used some more lesser known series in it andthey should have been prioritized over multiple reps for series we already have but whatever we can correct that if we do DLC

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #104: How should we handle DLC?

We've got the base game pretty much taken care of, so now let's move on to DLC. What should the structure be like? Here was my idea, at least:
  • 10 Pairs and 10 Solos, for a total of 100 Units and 150 characters for each unit
  • 4 Cross-Company Pairs for companies that haven't been combined yet
    • Namco x SNK
    • Capcom x Nintendo
    • SEGA x SNK
    • Nintendo x SNK

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think that’s a good amount of new characters but I think the cross units shouldn’t necessarily be from those four companies, if no one really has ideas for those specific pair ups it might just be a bit awkward to force it like that.

For DLC I say we add a short second quest using all of the characters and about 15-20 paralogues centering around two series coming together to solve some conflict. They can be inspired by the ideas for interactions we came up with earlier. They would also be a mix between lighter things that aren’t of that importance and more serious things.

D

Deleted member

I'd say 10 feels good but I'd go
Two capcom, two sega, two Namco, two snk, one Nintendo, one cross pair.

For solos replace the crosd with an extra Nintendo unit

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Simple small thing but change base game cutscenes a little so that the DLC characters have some small imput in the events of the story.
Pretty much just this, which is a thing i think more games should do with their DLC characters.

I feel like it might be nice to lift the “only humanoid characters” rule for DLC, could give us some more variety and interesting pair ups
Agreed, if only to have Klonoa and/or Sonic

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Alright, 10 Pairs and 10 Solos it is.

Job #105: Submit the DLC mixed pair
In case you were wondering, here are the combinations remaining:
  • Namco x SNK
  • Capcom x Nintendo
  • SEGA x SNK
  • Nintendo x SNK
However, you only need to submit one pair. Anyways, here’s my idea.
View attachment 358180View attachment 358179
  • Name: Princess Peach & Sir Arthur
  • Game: Super Mario Bros. & Ghosts ‘n Goblins (1985)
  • Reason: Mainly for the idea of a princess fighting alongside her knight in shining armor, which would also serve as a callback to Princess Kai’s appearance in Namco x Capcom, since Gil is a Solo Unit here.
  • Music:
I’m taking a bit of a break from this thread for a while, so if anyone would like to run it in my stead, let me know in the DM’s.

Last edited:

The Red Hunter

Smash Rookie
Big Project X Zone fan here. I couldn't really find much discussion for the series, so I'm glad I found this thread!

• Capcom x Nintendo
Hm, what about a Monster Hunter Stories and Pokémon Character? I think Zelda and Nina from Breath of Fire would be an interesting duo too. They're both Blonde Princesses who always seem to come about when disaster strikes. But which incarnations would we use?

I feel there's a big lack of God Eater stuff. And Digimon.

I also noticed in the minor universes, there's no Mario for Nintendo.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Smashboards suddenly stopped giving notifications to me, so trying to coming back to the same I will submit this pair:
imagen_2022-09-11_063043823-removebg-preview.png
  • Name: Princess Zelda & Nina
  • First Appearence: The Legend of Zelda (1986) & Breath of Fire (1993)
    • Design: Hyrule Warriors (2014) & Breath of Fire II (1994)
  • Reason: Just like Red Hunter mentioned they are both blonde princesses with multiple reincarnations that usually comes in moments of disaster. While I used the Hyrule Warriors and BoF II design for reference but I think they could be a merged version of different incarnations of them (similar to what Smash did with the proper Zelda).
  • Music:

The Red Hunter

Smash Rookie
Smashboards suddenly stopped giving notifications to me, so trying to coming back to the same I will submit this pair:
  • Name: Princess Zelda & Nina
  • First Appearence: The Legend of Zelda (1986) & Breath of Fire (1993)
    • Design: Hyrule Warriors (2014) & Breath of Fire II (1994)
  • Reason: Just like Red Hunter mentioned they are both blonde princesses with multiple reincarnations that usually comes in moments of disaster. While I used the Hyrule Warriors and BoF II design for reference but I think they could be a merged version of different incarnations of them (similar to what Smash did with the proper Zelda).
  • Music:
Using Hyrule Warriors Zelda would be neat, it would mean that Tecmo Koei has a small bit of representation.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Actually, you know what? Is it okay with you guys if I leave this thread at the base roster and create a new one that focuses on one of the previous suggestions?
One thing I'd love to see is a kind of "Everyone is Here!" scenario with at least everyone who appeared in both PX1 and PX2 returning. I'd also like to see fresh faces like Pyra and Mythra more. Characters like Nero raised to prominence lately so it'd be a shame to not make use of that.
I also wanna use this idea for characters who haven't appeared since Namco x Capcom

Last edited:
Top Bottom