• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airConditioner

Smash Ace
ok i doubt anything interesting will happen in the next 5 minutes so...

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE. ONE VOTE. ONE SOLO CHARACTER.

HENRY FLEMING Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
REIKO NAGASE @Darkonedagger

anyways while that happens....

Discussion 1: What are we missing? What would you like to see?

We've talked extensively for what, 2 months now? And yet. We still could be better in communication. Who do you want? What do you want? What are we missing? I've never actually finished either game, since my save got lost with a hard drive malfunction. I'd like to get everyone's opinion, whether or not you've played the games or not. I've run a little dry on ideas and the rest of my brain power is going towards non-Smash things, but I'll do my best to give my input as well.

D

Deleted member

Voting for Reiko (if I can.)

Will write something up later.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Henry Fleming

One thing I'd love to see is a kind of "Everyone is Here!" scenario with at least everyone who appeared in both PX1 and PX2 returning. I'd also like to see fresh faces like Pyra and Mythra more. Characters like Nero raised to prominence lately so it'd be a shame to not make use of that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Henry Fleming

One thing I'd love to see is a kind of "Everyone is Here!" scenario with at least everyone who appeared in both PX1 and PX2 returning. I'd also like to see fresh faces like Pyra and Mythra more. Characters like Nero raised to prominence lately so it'd be a shame to not make use of that.
Maybe even go deeper than that and include characters who only appeared in Nancy X Capcom, if possible.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What i want to write down is a chapter idea akin to PXZ 1's gain ground chapter and PXZ2's burning rangers chapter.

A game that didnt get a character but we get representation on it with a cute homage stage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Voting For Reiko

I assume we are going to do level themes at some point? that is the only thing I can think of at this point in time.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎
Reiko takes the victory wahoo!! congrats @Darkonedagger

Thank you for all the feedback! I'll keep it in mind. If you do have more things you want to add, feel free to add them in a post, DM, or say them in the discord!

Job 45: Submit a Pair of Rivals
Rivals. Where would be without them. Rivals to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and I think we could do with a few more rival pairings. Usually, these pairs are characters who have some sort of distaste towards each other, whether it be violent or not. They're easy characters to put together and often have great dialogue with each other. Keep them within the same company, but if you think two characters from different games would count as rivals, feel free to explain why. Idk what else to say besides putting in more rivals. Please use the format as always !

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Rival Pair
Kyo Kusanagi & Iori Yagami - The King of Fighters (SNK)

Pretty much the two main protagonists of the King of Fighters. Kyo and Iori have a ruthless rivalry that is even bigger than they are and goes back several centuries. Spawning from an ancestral grudge that the Yagami clan has against the Kusanagi and vice-versa. Simply put, in the KOF universe, three Japanese clans are in charge of keeping the vengeful god Orochi sealed, those being the Kusanagi clan, the Yasakani clan (now going by the Yagami name) and the Yata clan. But at one time, the Yasakani clan turned against this sacred pact by accepting the power of Orochi by making one of their clan members mingle with one of the Hakkesshu, these are the followers of Orochi who contain his blood, and from there on forward they have been known as the Yagami instead of Yasakani, as their blood has been tainted with the eight-headed serpent's. This marked the origin of the Kusanagi's disdain for the Yasakani.

Now, this won't be the first time they team up, they've teamed up multiple times in fact to ensure Orochi's seal. First in the King of Fighters '97 through a canonical special edit team, then in the King of Fighters XI, and more recently in the King of Fighters XV. Despite their hatred for each other, if they have a common goal, and someone is there to convince them to team up (either Chizuru or Shingo), they are willing to do so. And hey, some drama is always fun right.

In Project X Zone 3, their design would be based on their classic Orochi Saga incarnation (just as pictured). They both have a whole array of moves, that are probably multiple characters worth, especially for Kyo, as he's gone through multiple moveset revisions through his lifetime. In terms of music, Kyo's theme would be Esaka? from the King of Fighters '96 and Iori's would be Stormy Saxophone 2 which hails from the same game, arguably their most iconic themes. Besides those, there's Esaka Forever and Cool Jam (also known as Stormy Saxophone 3) as well, which even served as their rival themes for each other in KOF '98, just to keep that Orochi Saga vibe going.

These 2 are pretty essential on the SNK side of the game, so I'm sure they'll be an eventuality. But as they fit this prompt to a T, now's a better time than ever right.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #45: Kiryu and Majima (Yakuza)

C69DAC29-7817-49AE-9643-88285F031312.jpeg

We need to bring back the Dame Dame Guy and the funny eyepatch man. They’re funny and with Yakuza’s increased popularity in the west since PXZ2’s release, it wouldn’t make sense to cut them now. This time I imagine we’d drop the Dead Souls moveset and opt for something closer to their mainline Yakuza skillset. Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to using Majima’s Iconic Gun

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #45: Joker & Crow (Persona 5 - SEGA)

1649251481397.png
1649251407023.png

While Persona 5 protagonist (codename Joker) has defining relationships with all of his party members, his rivalry with detective prince Goro Akechi (codename Crow) is one of the most important dynamics in the game as it evolves from Akechi being opposed to Joker's phantom thief group to joining them. The two have as many similarities as they have differences, which leads to some interesting conflicts throughout the game, especially in Persona 5 Royal. I think if we're adding two rivals from Persona, these two are the best choices.

Persona 5 appeared in a lot of crossovers due to its breakout popularity so it's not hard to imagine what these two would play like. They may appear as regular high school students in cutscenes, but when the battle begins, they (somehow) don their phantom thief uniforms and use their Personas, Arsene and Robin Hood, as well as their melee and ranged weapons.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Kyo & Iori 1 2 2 = 5
Kiryu & Majima 2 2 1 2 = 7
Joker & Crow 1 1 1 = 3

Dame da ne... dame yo... Yakoozer in Project X Zone 3! Congrats to OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos !! This brings our represented franchises (at least by playable characters + bosses) to 27! Wow! Let's bump it up a little?

Job 46: Second Mixed Pair
I just want to get it out of the way for now because I don't feel like working on story at the moment. Anyways, same rules as the first time except we are completely banning any pairings between SEGA and CAPCOM characters. You can put a character from one of the companies with another company, so long as the pairing isn't between a Sega and a Capcom character. Because we already have dontie and bayo. Morrigan & Phoenix Wright are also available to be paired if you want to free them from their torture as well. Uhhh yeah

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #46: Hotsuma & Taki (Shinobi & Soul Calibur) [SEGA & Bandai Namco]
1649404535797.png
1649405019081.png

PXZ already paired Hotsuma with Strider on the account that they are both modern ninjas so I think it's only appropriate to give another ninja the same chance. Taki's apprentice appeared in that game, too, so this can also give their dynamic a unique edge.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Yuri and Dan
Job #29: Yuri Sakazaki (Art of Fighting, SNK) and Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter, Capcom)

View attachment 346871View attachment 346872

Okay, this pairing is gonna need some elaboration. Back in the 90s, Capcom and SNK were the two arcade fighting game titans. In 1992, SNK released Art of Fighting. The main protagonist of that game, Ryo Sakazaki, shared quite a few similarities to the shotos of Street Fighter, specifically Ryu and Ken. Capcom did not take kindly to this inspiration. That’s where Dan Hibiki comes in. Dan was a joke character introduced in Street Fighter Alpha made to parody the Art of Fighting cast. He takes a lot of moves from Ryo and Robert, takes elements of both of their designs, and he was purposefully designed to be as ****ty as possible. He’s an overconfident jackass who’s almost always one of the weakest characters on whichever roster he’s in.

If you think SNK was just gonna take this lying down, you’d be horribly wrong. They decided to fight back with the character of Yuri, Ryo’s younger sister who made the leap from damsel in distress to capable fighter. Ever since Street Fighter Alpha released, Yuri began taking more and more elements from just about every Street Fighter character. Moves, taunts, animations, nothing was safe from Yuri. Capcom and SNK have been going back and forth with parodying each other with Dan and Yuri ever since, with this back and forth still going strong to this day. Don’t believe me, hopefully this can convince you:

So yeah, Yuri and Dan would be a really fun combination that pays tribute to this silly little feud that’s been going on between Capcom and SNK for nearly 30 years. Also, just imagine the interactions between these two. Dan already lends himself well to comedic situations, imagine him and Yuri bickering about who ripped off who’s fighting style.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I don't know if I can even join but I was reading this whole thing and I'm interesed, so if I can make a suggestion:

• Name: Hwoarang and Kim Kaphwan (Bandai Namco and SNK)
  • Origin:
    • Hwoarang: Tekken 3 (1996)
    • Kim: Fatal Fury 2 (1992)
  • Reason: Both are the best knowed Taekwondo characters in the FGC and I think paired them would be cool, specially their quite opposite personalities
  • Music:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Did we already put Pit and Valkyrie?
I can't remember, but yeah that's my suggestion.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
SHEEEEEESH that's a lot of submissions. I'm currently writing this post in a corner ducked away from society.

Anyways: please vote for your top 3 favorite submissions:

Hotsuma & Taki (Shinobi & Soul / SEGA & Bandai-Namco) osby osby
Chun-Li & Mai Shiranui (Street Fighter & Fatal Fury / Capcom & SNK) @Darkonedagger
Yuri Sakazaki & Dan Hibiki (Art of Fighting & Street Fighter / SNK & Capcom) OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Byleth Eisner & Joker (Fire Emblem & Persona / Nintendo & SEGA) Perkilator Perkilator
Kim Kaphwan & Hwoarang (Fatal Fury & Tekken / SNK & Bandai-Namco) Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Pit & Valkyrie (Kid Icarus & Valkyrie / Nintendo & Bandai-Namco) Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
Tsubasa Oribe & Lucky Chloe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Fire Emblem) & Tekken) cashregister9 cashregister9

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
  1. Yuri & Dan - People underestimate how important this pairing is. These characters essentially symbolize a competition that has been spanning since practically the inception of the fighting game genre. And whenever it's allowed, these characters always have some form of interaction with each other, or an interaction that references this element in crossover games (see Dan and Yuri's special intro in CvS2 / Terry mistaking Dan for Robert in SvC for example). It's practically a neat joke pairing with the most substance you can get as its history is multiple layers deep.
  2. Hotsuma & Taki
  3. Pit & Valkyrie

airConditioner

Smash Ace
beep boop results on time

Yuri & Dan18
Chun & Mai10
Hotsuma & Taki9
Hwoarang & Kim8
Pit & Valkyrie5
Byleth & Joker2
Tsubasa & Chloe2

Oh yeah! The legend has now begun! Dan Hibiki! Yeah! The Legend of Dan.... and YURI SAKAZAKI!!! or something. Congrats to OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos for getting her pair in, very pog champ. Their movesets are open to submission, so if you want to see these jokesters play a certain way, seize the opportunity! And this rules out the Capcom & SNK pair for the next mixed prompt !!

Job 47:

Anyways, let's do some more story. Time to write chapter 1? or at least plan it. Chapter 1 serves as a way to unlock your first few units permanently, as well as ground the story a bit. All units are listed on the timeline. I'll try to get the bosses and such listed ASAP but please @ me anywhere if you have any questions. Go nuts!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since Valeira is a fighter as we established before, maybe this first chapter involves her fighting Ken, maybe just sparring with him and Ryu, just get that pair unit out of the way.

But once that dialogue is done monster starts to surround the four and the battle gets going.

D

Deleted member

Something with our fighting game characters. Ryu & Ken, Terry & Rock, maybe Akira and Aoi meting the new OCS and being attacked by a villian.

Top Bottom