• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PROJECT REALMS

Which location should we go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Realmslogo.png

Realms is a entirely new gaming experience that thrusts you into the realm of the unimgainable. Universes connected at their nexuses, bringing forth thier most powerful fighters, warriors, heroes, villains, leaders, and more all to bring glory and prosperity to their dimensions. Partake in tournaments of power, speed, and courage! Utilize all the powers that you have at your disposal to ensure that your realm is not the one that gets erased from existance.

About Realms

Realms has been a pet project of mne since 2016 which involves bringing forth various fictional characters across time and space into a Battleworld-type setting where they must fight against one another to prevent their unievrse from being erased. Realms is the title I gave it and it has a double meaning: Realms being the unievrses characters come from as well as gaming realms. This is meant to be a multi-genre gaming experience where each Realm is compsoed of a single genre. Three Realms will be availibale at launch with more added at post-launch. These Realms are based on actual gaming genres such as fighting, racing, RPG, etc. The skills, abilities, personalities, weapons, and even stage, items, enemies, and cosmetics crossover between Realms and are arranged to fit with that Realm. The breathes new life into that Realm while also keeping it within the realm of familiarity.

List of Realms

The following Realms will be availiable at launch with more added as DLC content:
Name
Genre
Description
Warlord Realm
Hero Shooter​
Team up with a squad of 3 or 5 against another team in a first person shooter battle arena.​
Cryptfiend Realm
Dungeon Crawler​
Tackle it on your own or team up with two others to explore and defeat a vast array of dungeons.​
Smashcore Realm
Party Brawler​
Fight on your own or in teams with up to three other players in a smashfest party brawler.​

The Outrealmers

The Outrealmers are various heroes, warriors, gods, villains, leaders, and more from various universes across dimensions. We create the characters, build them from the ground up, and tailor them to fit each Realms needs. They are 100% our creation. 8 will be available for launch with more added. At times, one of the characters may be eliminated within game canon as they lost at Realms thus their realm is erased from existence. This creates an ever-changing roster.

Coming soon to a Smashboards near you.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Welcome to Realms, my friends. I am your host, The OmniRealm. Who I am it not important but you find yourself here ... in this place beyond recongition and understanding. You are just a fraction of the many warriors that passed through thas comic hallowed halls. Their screams filled these chambers for a millenia and still they will do once your bones are grounded to dust. To fight for the prosperity of your Realm...nay...their survival for, if you fail, so does the inhabitants of the universe you called home. It's quite a burden but you were chosen for your skills, instincts, and strength.

Now...my fine warrior...just who are you? State your name, at once...

Discussion #1: Who will be our first Outrealmer?

I call upon you to discuss who would our first Outrealmer be. This is a character of pure imagination and who will be the represneative of our great design. This character will be featured in gaming sites on Earth, gaming cubicons on planet Astracia, and on QZines in the gdoly temple of Gex. This character is our Tracer, our Mario, or Buck Bumble. So this character must be memorable, strong, and everlasting. They must create a lasting impression on those who come across it so not only do they save their realm of annihilation but so we can make $$. We are still testing our mantle on the ability construct such warriors so, int he beginning, we shall just discuss on what sort of character archetype we should go with. Following that, we will cast lots for a fictional character we created through the forum known as Smashboards. Following those submissions, we will cast votes on which warrior is worthy of being summoned to Innerrealm to do battle. Following, that, we set forth on the arduous task of creating a set of skills that translate between the Warlord, Cryptfiend, and Smashcore Realms.

We will then use this process to mold future characters. While the stars have not decided for us; there are whispers that instead of everyone suggesting the skills and attacks which will make up our fighter; future warriors will come submitted with all of their attacks packaged into one jheavenly post.

So, my friends, who amongst the warriors of all of the Realms do you think should be considered? What skills should they have? What archetype should they display? Are they chaotic good? Neutral? Or a badass?

Speak thy words!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Typically a good oriented character is chosen as the Fave of the series. I’m rather interested in putting forth a bad or perhaps anti-hero character who focuses on brutal means of attack. Full on offense but with some defensive abilities.

AlRex

Smash Lord
So far, this idea seems pretty cool. Are we creating a new character for this job, or suggesting a pre-existing one from a game or another piece of media?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So far, this idea seems pretty cool. Are we creating a new character for this job, or suggesting a pre-existing one from a game or another piece of media?
New character.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To re-emphasize, we will be creating characters from the ground up and plugging them into three different modes: a party brawler, dungeon crawler, and hero shooter so their abilities should line up to fit each of those modes. For example, say Smash was like that, it could be difficult for some of the cast. Hero Shooter Link would use his bow as the primary attack along with a sword slash for a melee and then his three other attacks being timed attacks in Hero Shooter mode. The same with Dungeon Crawler but instead of the primary attack being the bow and arrow, it would be sword strikes.

The appeal to this set up is we create a character But can revisit these characters again when retooling them when we release a new game mode.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
This is fascinating, and I think Ika would be cool, but she’s far more of a cartoon character than what I’m imagining would fit in as THE Main Character. So I’m going to suggest someone else.
D52693F7-8E33-49D5-8517-60B634E662D7.jpeg
8F70B65B-0255-4730-ACA8-17BF825FE213.jpeg

Introducing Luna Hatsune, a depressed Japanese School Girl who fits in perfectly with how I’m interpreting the tone. She has the ability to control Ice through her Stand (obviously not called a Stand, but is effectively one in function), Rolling Girl (not sure what the localized name would be, because I want it to still carry a similar meaning to the current name). She’s not from the Realms, but was sent here by Fredrick, after 11 seconds in a Time Stream, which she barely survived, she would end up getting summoned into the Realms, and is basically the Everyman to the world of Realms.

As for her function within the three realms, the Hero Shooter could have her focus on shooting out some Ice from her Stand. This can cause the floor to become slippery, or freezing the other players. Dungeon Crawler is pretty similar, focusing on rapid punches with the Stand, and shooting ice after some Meter Build Up. And I already submitted a Smash-like Moveset for the OC Rumble Creation Thread, so I’m going to copy and paste that under a Quote.

Luna moveset wise is a simple character, but still pretty unique given she’s a Stand User. Her Neutral Special has her shoot a barrage of Ice Blasts. Pretty decent nothing more nothing less. Her Side Special is Frozen Rush Punch, which has her send her Stand out to do Kazuya’s Side Special except with occasional ice properties and disjointed. It’s very good, though during this move all Stand Attacks are disabled. Her Up Special is Ice Platform. She creates a platform out of Ice to Stand (get it?) on. This works like Toph’s in NASB but actually balanced. It will crumble after being stood in for five seconds by anyone, and has Ice Physics. So it’s basically just for recovery and nothing more. She also needs to be ON THE GROUND for 5 Seconds before this move can be used again. Yeah, making sure this thing is balanced considering how broken its original was in execution. Hatsune-San uses her Down Special to create a Snowy Cloud above where she spawned it. It causes some snow to fall, which will eventually make the floor freeze over, causing it to be icy, which makes her Smash Attacks Stronger. Do this above a Platform to allow it to stay in affect for as long as the cloud itself is. This does sacrifice a Cloud though since Luna can only have one cloud out at a time. It also buffs the rush making her Ice Projectiles even more broken. And its puddle of Ice can allow her Side Special to travel farther and be even more broken than it already kinda is. Synergy is neat. Anyways, I forgot to bring up what happens to her Stand if it gets burned. If her Stand touches a Flame, it unleashes her ultimate form, World Ending Rolling Girl! It gives her Fire abilities as well as buffing her ice, but takes a HUGE energy toll on Luna, potentially killing her if our for too long. This is her Final Smash, where she decides that she wants to end the fight now, and lights her own Stand on Fire. However, since it’s her Final Smash, it doesn’t take the usual toll it does on her as the Smash Ball counteracts its energy loss. It summons a bunch of Flaming Ice Chunks from a Cloud in the Sky and has it rain down for around five seconds, obliterating everyone in its path before Luna puts it away and brings back her stable, normal, Rolling Girl to continue the fight.

As for her voice, I’m imagining this game would only have English realistically, and I feel like the Voice Actress that fits Luna best in English is Penny Parker. Yes, the one from the Sonic Fandubs. She’s a legitimately great voice actress that would do an amazing job with Luna. And if this game were to get a Japanese Dub, Risa Tanade would probably do decently well with the role. I’m imagining I need to update her design to fit the tone better, but the two drawings I sent could easily work as Skins. One more thing. As long as I keep partial ownership over Luna, you can do whatever with her. Thanks in advance and I’m probably going to be the only submission lol.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sounds good! Please submit her when we get to actual submissions! I forgot to indicate the graphical style of the game and I plan to indicate it in the opening post but each realm will have its own graphical style. Here’s how our current versions will look:

Hero Shooter - realistic with simplified graphics. Basically Overwatch mixed in with SFV type style. Colorful designs with focus on detail but simplified without the sweat, hair, etc but not to the extent of Fortnite.

Party Brawler - More of a cartoony vibe with more emphasis on 2D hand drawn representation that we see in games like Skullgirls but not to that extent.

Dungeon Crawler - Realistic with an emphasis on the mysterious/foreboding nature. Characters are grimmer with less color and more focus on shades and contours.

When we get to submissions, I will provide what sort of template we will utilize. That being said, for now, we will all have a hand in creating attacks for the winning submission. After that though, I may experiment with people submitting the full load out (character plus attacks for each mode)

One thing I’m interested in seeing is how we adapt some of the characters we create for modes like Life Simulation, Puzzle, and Visual Novel lol

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I’m confused now. Since you had a first Outrealmer in mind. Could you rephrase what you meant by the first Outrealmer again?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m confused now. Since you had a first Outrealmer in mind. Could you rephrase what you meant by the first Outrealmer again?
Our first character. Character = Outrealmer. We are basically discussing what sort of character could fit for the “face of our game” but also iron out some information before fully diving into it. That being said, I feel like we will probably progress to actual submissions since discussion isn’t really happening :)

JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 quick question, what do you mean by Stand? Like what would this character’s weapon be?

As for any artwork, I’m more than prepared to do the artwork for our characters.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think a good character that would be fitting as the main pick would be a more bright, approachable one that could fit quite well into various different worlds as well as being mechanically quite simple. Having, say, a sleight-of-hand style gambler character with a lot of luck mechanics wouldn't be fitting.

Personally, I think going for the Hero Shooter archetype as the main character would be the best option. "Heroes" are generally quite approachable, and Overwatch specifically shows it's quite possible to go for unique main characters with fun abilities without having to be overly complex from a gameplay standpoint.

I think I'm understanding this at least

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Our first character. Character = Outrealmer. We are basically discussing what sort of character could fit for the “face of our game” but also iron out some information before fully diving into it. That being said, I feel like we will probably progress to actual submissions since discussion isn’t really happening :)

JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 quick question, what do you mean by Stand? Like what would this character’s weapon be?

As for any artwork, I’m more than prepared to do the artwork for our characters.
A Humanoid Ghost with Ice Abilities. Also thanks for clearing things up.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I do have a rough concept in mind for an FPS character but I don't think they fit the face of our game, and I dunno if I can come up with any concepts that do tbh.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think it could be compelling if the face of the game was some Villain as a Hero when it comes to explicit archetypes.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Outrealmer: Jacob Williams
image_2022-06-03_104740607-removebg-preview.png

Hesitant to give lore since the world is still vague to me and don't want to give details that make no sense, but what I can say is he's a Mercenary who's fighting for generally good intentions but he is misguided and easy to anger.

In-depth Explanation of design:
Physical Description.png

Reasoning to add him:
When I created a character I tried making him fit in many scenarios and as such I think he's fairly easy to add stuff to and can fit in multiple games. He can be put into a party game since he isn't out-right violent in design so he could be (for lack of a better term) "cuter." He could fit into a dungeon crawler because look at him. And I think he works in a hero shooter because he has bombs and a shotgun.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will progress to submitting our very first character for the game! Again, this is a character of your own original creation and can't be an existing character from another franchise. This includes submitting a picture. If you have a piece of art, submit it along with your character. You don't have to worry though since it should be fine as long as there is a description.

Here is the template for submitting a character:

Picture (if availiable, must be original art)
Name (What is their name)
Universe (What sort of universe does it come from?)
Gender (Which gender are they?)
Age (if applicable)
Height (How tall are they)
Weight (How heavy are they)
Weapon of Choice (This is their primary weapon; especially for Dungeon and HS)
Second Weapon of Choice (Secondary weapon, often the melee in HS or main attack in Dungeon)
Abilities and Powers (What sort of powers do they have that do not tie in with the weapons. This may factor into character skills.)

Next comes a section that requires more detailed responses:

Description: This should be as descriptive as possible, especially if their isnt a picture. If there is one, still keeping detailed is important; especially if the image itself is far to pictture for those who didn't make the picture. Sometimes it's hard for people to udnerstand what you draw since they weren't in your head when making it.)
Personality: Are they nice, evil, crazy, silly, etc> Please explain the personality.
Plot: How were they transported to this world? What life did they leave behind? What drives them forward? Please be as descriptive as possible in regards to their backstory.

Fionally...

Reasons why to include: Since we have a limited starting roster an deach character must fit in with multiple game modes, indicating why you think your character should be included and why it ticks off all the boxes is important.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Jack.png
NameJack
UniverseAlternate London 1880's
GenderMale
Age40's
Height6'2
Weight175 lbs
Weapon of ChoiceBlunderbuss
Secondary WeaponHeathook
Abilties and Powers
  • Blood-based power that increases health based on kills
  • Fear factor that debuffs opponents
Description
This killer sports a brown worn and torn trenchcoat which waves in the dark wind. Combined with his tattered hat gives this killer a frightful appearance. Not to mention his skull for a face and discolored grey skin, red scars, and bolts impedded in his skin.​
Personality
Despite being quite frightening looking, he isn't as evil as he appears. I mean, he is evil. But only if you are corrupt and greedy. He seeks victims who are corrupt to the core and gives the reaper's justice in a system that rewards criminals.​
Backstory
Unlike our universe's version of Jack the Ripper, this one didn't seek our female victims to butcher. He was one a mass murderer who would kill just about anythone who would find themselves near him. This resulted seeing his single mother die by a mysterious man for no reason whatsoever. Brought into his relatives, he slaughtered them and ran away. He soon became a contract killer and set about systematically killing anyone; both for money and pleasure. It wasn't until one particular contract resulted in him finding who his mothers killer one - a corrupt judge who had forced his mother into forced servitude. Due to this, she knew things that were beast left hidden and he eventually had her killed. This led to Jack forswearing against killing innocent victims and, instead, those who spread corruption and greed.​
Reasons to include
More often than not, many characters who are the face of a series with many characters are often the energetic, good, law-abiding character you want to rally behind. Jack is none of these yet he is everything that's cool and brooding in a more chaotic character while also looking iconic and unique.​

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kepin Initial Design.jpg
NameKepin
UniverseTime Management Facility, Stabletown, planet of Allya
GenderMale
Age25
Height3'5
Weight60 lbs
Weapon of choiceHands and feet
Secondary WeaponThe Cycle (see backstory)
Powers and Abilities
  • Can use spells related to (but not affecting) time, such as summoning gigantic grandfather clocks or sundial shields and the like.
  • Rabbit abilities (heightened sense of smell, can fit through small places, increased jump height, exceptional running speed
Description
A short, plucky rabbit who wears a salmon buisness suit and hat with holes for his ears and tail, brown dress shoes, and several timepieces (generally at least five, often more). His fur is grey and soft, and in patches it is even softer and as white as snow. He has sharply blue eyes and a lovable smile. If you can't tell by the image, he is winking, he does not have a missing eye or anything like that. His salmon suit also has a hot pink undershirt and blue buttons as well as a blue chest pocket.​
Personality
While he may seem bright and sunny on the surface, Kepin here is a struggling workaholic who takes his job extremely seriously, placing it above all his other priorities (understandably so given the (supposed) consequences if he stops). The scope of his occupation aside, Kepin just loves being productive and making a difference in his life and the lives of others. If he stands still for more than a minute, he will begin to feel sad and useless. He has a surprisingly realistic voice, not too overexaggerated but with a small hint of​
Backstory
Kepin lives where he was born, in the bright and bustling Stabletown, a cross between concepts of North America's northern and southern environments - so the rich farmland and dusty plains are side by side and integrated with tall skyscrapers and high-rise hotels. Kepin's family are recent immigrants, so the heritage-oriented townsfolk don't take too kindly to them. But when Kepin himself demonstrates excellent grades in school and a connection to a mysterious energy (called Charots, pronounced Carrot, they're a bit like the Force but for time) persistent in Stabletown, he is introduced to the town's worst-kept secret: the Time Management Facility, which harnesses the Charots and uses them to keep time running smoothly in their world of Allya (very similar to Alice's Wonderland).
Kepin is excited to work there among the town's best and brightest, but he feels like his janitorial work is not making a great difference on the world. Regardless, he drops out of high school to keep his place at the TMF, and over the course of a couple years, tirelessly works his way up the ladder to head honcho!...sorta. His job is to run along The Cycle, a hamster-wheel kind of device which filters Charots to keep the flow of time going as fast as time itself (don't understand it? That's fine, neither does our fluffy protagonist). He runs along The Cycle day in and day out, only sleeping an hour here or there when The Cycle has enough speed to go on its own. While I can't say much now for fear of setting up too much, at some point Kepin will realize that the Time Management Facility is a bunch of BS and that he never had to run along any kind of wheel, it was all a fabrication to bend time in the will of CEO's and the like so they could maximize profits. Though his powers and connection to Charots are still very much real. Saddened but determined, he looks outward to find a new purpose, now that his main goal in life has been uprooted.

TL;DR he thought he had to spin some kind of wheel to keep time going but apparently he didn't, also has a connection to a time-related energy source called Charots.​
Reasons for inclusion
He's instantly recognizable, simple, and mascot-able. I know many are tired of Scrimblo Bimblos, but seriously, they work as mascots for a reason. Also, you don't see a ton of mascots these days who are dressed to impress, but Kepin certainly is, which makes him instantly more likable I think. He appears childlike but is very emotionally mature, meaning he can work in multiple settings in our game without feeling out of place.​

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Gonna add image later
NameAsh Banderas
UniverseQuantum Parallel Works
GenderMale
AgeIn his 20s
Height1.75 cm (5'9)
Weight140 lbs (63kg)
Weapon of ChoiceAlter Core
Secondary WeaponMechanical Enhanced Arm "Striker"
Abilties and Powers
  • (Limited) Time-Space manipulation (mostly used on himself).
    • To explain it better, he can do things like teleporting himself to near places, slow the time around him or rewind the time of a certain object (like a ball to make it never fall).
Description
He is a tan-skinned younger with crimson hair, he has a quite skinny built but he has some muscles. He wears a quite common vestiment composed by jeans, a t-shirt, boots and a jacket.
Personality
He is a free spirit type guy, does what he wants when he wants and in the way he wants, he isn't an airhead even if his appearence would make it look like one but it's true that he usually jumps to the violent option first when a decision is required. After all things he is quite a good guy sometimes being selfless decisions for the greater good.
Backstory
Your regular in-vitro borned guy who was created in a mysterious lab in a reality that serves has a nexus of other ones (at least the ones under their jurisdiction), he born with two mechanical implants, the first one is an artificial heart called "Alter Core" that gives him the ability to have a small control of time and space and the second one is a mechanical arm that appart of your regular mechanical arm things like becoming a drill or serving has a rocket knuckle it also works has the device where he controls his Alter Core. A certain time where he was on a mission by the people who made him when he returned everyone mysteriously dissapeared, he wasn't sad but it was intrigated by the events wanting to know where they are now and why they leave the place without him. Wanting to know answers and at the same time enjoying his newly adquired liberty to do what he want Ash starts a journey around the different places around the timeline and the realms.
Reasons to include
He is more of a classic shonen protag with some things to make it sort of unique, since we are searching poster boys someone like him would fit like a ring to this job.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I am not good with art, do I need a profile pick to make these entries

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am not good with art, do I need a profile pick to make these entries
No, if art isn't accompanied with a submission, please at least describe in detail so we 1) know what you are talking about and 2) if it wins, art can be made of it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Abilities

NamePin: The Crafty Mech-Pilor
Universe
Craftropilis: A world of fabric, giant killer toys, and of course an evil dictatorship ran by a group of evil scalpers
GenderFemale
AgeNon-applicable (how can you tell the age of a living doll)
Height1-Foot
Weight1/2 Pound
Weapon of ChoiceTed-2: A mech made out of the various parts of stuffed animals and toys, including a firecracker bazooka arm, a rail gun that shoots checkers pieces, and an RC Car acting as the wheels, with of course a Teddy Bear head acting as the cockpit.
Secondary WeaponA personal squirt gun that can shoot both water, baking soda+vinegar, lemon juice, chocolate milk, and hot sauce
AbilitiesCombo Crafting: Can take various items scattered around the map and combines them into various combo weapons (think Frank West's combo weapons), these combo weapons can be used as extra parts for Ted-2, or as personal melee weapons.

Self Patching: Can heal herself using scraps from her surroudings, this can also augment certain stats such as using metal objects for better defense and feathers for increased agility.

Smallness: Is small in size and so can fit in small spaces, but that requires getting out of Ted-2.

Backstory

DescriptionPin true to her name is made out of various patchwork. Of course she has a button for her left eye and a googly eye for her right eye, she has a mouth hole stiched up with string (think of something like Squigly from Skullgirls) with pins acting as dimples of sorts. She has a jumpsuit/dress of sorts made from red and dark pink construction paper resembling little red riding hood, her left hand is a fishing hook and her right hand is a pair of few strands of yellow yarn acting as a hook and hand combo. For feet she has a pair of push pins, left one is red and right one is blue, acting as feets with bottle caps acting as shoes. She also has a pair of swimming goggles on when piloting Ted-2

Ted-2 as previously stated is made out of various toys and stuffed animals. Of course there is the teddy bear head, which is inverted and the mouth part is replaced with a cockpit made out of a nutcracker head. Its left arm is a firecracker launch, its right arm is a Nintendo Ultra-Hand, and has a an RC Car as the tank treads. Finally it has hidden Slinky toys acting as a makeshift jumping program and escape pod.
BackstoryPin was going to be a star, she was part of a hot new line of dolls with virtual integration to allow for deeper interaction with her child. However what she didn't expect was that a dirty team of scalper collected the entire stock of dolls and other popular toys and converted them into their own evil army of killer toys. What she also didn't expect was that she was going to be the testing dummy for this army with the repeat attacks on her heavily damaging her body. Luckily being connected to the internet has its benefits and she taught herself the magic of DIY needlepoint. Soon she built a new body for herself out of crafting materials and soon had bigger plans. Using defectives parts she built a mech suit for herself called the Ted-2 to survive this conquered world. She later became known as "The Scrappy" a feared monocure for her enemies. While Pin may have lost her original purpose, she now has a new purpose defeating the evil scalpers and saving her dimensions from their world of evil DIY. However the scalpers were clever and with a combination of ginger ale, egg timers, and strange stones, banished Pin from her world. Overtime the toys rebelled from their scalper leaders and created a new world made from patchwork and crafting tools all led by a dictatorships of evil chess pieces led by their king and queen Chex and Malt respectivly. Pin meanwhile was trapped between time and space and drift though there unconscious until the events of the game.
PersonalityPin is like her namesake, sharp and quick witted, Being originally broken in pieces and not broken her physic and her sharp tounge is as savage as the mech she pilots. Still she is quite clingy as well also like a pin, wanting nothing more than to have someone to be her close friend like the child she was going to be owned by, especially in these lonely times. But like the DIY stuff she is made of she can be scatterebrained and awkward around other people when its gets personal. Still she is in the right place and is generally a nice and heroic person.
InclusionLike these thread, Pin is made of disparate parts. but these parts somehow work together, which is something we should stride for in a multimedia crossover like this. She is also extremely marketable being considered cute to the girls and cool to the boys. Plus the possibilities of her crafting concept would work wonders in gameplay in all styles.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will allow submissions to remain open for a while longer. I understand that sometimes these take a while to write up so we will allow for more time in the future.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin voting for our first poster character! Thank you to everyone who submitted contenr and took the time for these amazing write-ups! Since there was initial confusion about the template, I will accept submissions done before we actually did the submission process...

This is fascinating, and I think Ika would be cool, but she’s far more of a cartoon character than what I’m imagining would fit in as THE Main Character. So I’m going to suggest someone else. View attachment 353916View attachment 353917
Introducing Luna Hatsune, a depressed Japanese School Girl who fits in perfectly with how I’m interpreting the tone. She has the ability to control Ice through her Stand (obviously not called a Stand, but is effectively one in function), Rolling Girl (not sure what the localized name would be, because I want it to still carry a similar meaning to the current name). She’s not from the Realms, but was sent here by Fredrick, after 11 seconds in a Time Stream, which she barely survived, she would end up getting summoned into the Realms, and is basically the Everyman to the world of Realms.

As for her function within the three realms, the Hero Shooter could have her focus on shooting out some Ice from her Stand. This can cause the floor to become slippery, or freezing the other players. Dungeon Crawler is pretty similar, focusing on rapid punches with the Stand, and shooting ice after some Meter Build Up. And I already submitted a Smash-like Moveset for the OC Rumble Creation Thread, so I’m going to copy and paste that under a Quote.

As for her voice, I’m imagining this game would only have English realistically, and I feel like the Voice Actress that fits Luna best in English is Penny Parker. Yes, the one from the Sonic Fandubs. She’s a legitimately great voice actress that would do an amazing job with Luna. And if this game were to get a Japanese Dub, Risa Tanade would probably do decently well with the role. I’m imagining I need to update her design to fit the tone better, but the two drawings I sent could easily work as Skins. One more thing. As long as I keep partial ownership over Luna, you can do whatever with her. Thanks in advance and I’m probably going to be the only submission lol.
Outrealmer: Jacob Williams
View attachment 353927

Hesitant to give lore since the world is still vague to me and don't want to give details that make no sense, but what I can say is he's a Mercenary who's fighting for generally good intentions but he is misguided and easy to anger.

In-depth Explanation of design:
View attachment 353928

Reasoning to add him:
When I created a character I tried making him fit in many scenarios and as such I think he's fairly easy to add stuff to and can fit in multiple games. He can be put into a party game since he isn't out-right violent in design so he could be (for lack of a better term) "cuter." He could fit into a dungeon crawler because look at him. And I think he works in a hero shooter because he has bombs and a shotgun.
NameJack
UniverseAlternate London 1880's
GenderMale
Age40's
Height6'2
Weight175 lbs
Weapon of ChoiceBlunderbuss
Secondary WeaponHeathook
Abilties and Powers
  • Blood-based power that increases health based on kills
  • Fear factor that debuffs opponents
Description
This killer sports a brown worn and torn trenchcoat which waves in the dark wind. Combined with his tattered hat gives this killer a frightful appearance. Not to mention his skull for a face and discolored grey skin, red scars, and bolts impedded in his skin.​
Personality
Despite being quite frightening looking, he isn't as evil as he appears. I mean, he is evil. But only if you are corrupt and greedy. He seeks victims who are corrupt to the core and gives the reaper's justice in a system that rewards criminals.​
Backstory
Unlike our universe's version of Jack the Ripper, this one didn't seek our female victims to butcher. He was one a mass murderer who would kill just about anythone who would find themselves near him. This resulted seeing his single mother die by a mysterious man for no reason whatsoever. Brought into his relatives, he slaughtered them and ran away. He soon became a contract killer and set about systematically killing anyone; both for money and pleasure. It wasn't until one particular contract resulted in him finding who his mothers killer one - a corrupt judge who had forced his mother into forced servitude. Due to this, she knew things that were beast left hidden and he eventually had her killed. This led to Jack forswearing against killing innocent victims and, instead, those who spread corruption and greed.​
Reasons to include
More often than not, many characters who are the face of a series with many characters are often the energetic, good, law-abiding character you want to rally behind. Jack is none of these yet he is everything that's cool and brooding in a more chaotic character while also looking iconic and unique.​
NameKepin
UniverseTime Management Facility, Stabletown, planet of Allya
GenderMale
Age25
Height3'5
Weight60 lbs
Weapon of choiceHands and feet
Secondary WeaponThe Cycle (see backstory)
Powers and Abilities
  • Can use spells related to (but not affecting) time, such as summoning gigantic grandfather clocks or sundial shields and the like.
  • Rabbit abilities (heightened sense of smell, can fit through small places, increased jump height, exceptional running speed
Description
A short, plucky rabbit who wears a salmon buisness suit and hat with holes for his ears and tail, brown dress shoes, and several timepieces (generally at least five, often more). His fur is grey and soft, and in patches it is even softer and as white as snow. He has sharply blue eyes and a lovable smile. If you can't tell by the image, he is winking, he does not have a missing eye or anything like that. His salmon suit also has a hot pink undershirt and blue buttons as well as a blue chest pocket.​
Personality
While he may seem bright and sunny on the surface, Kepin here is a struggling workaholic who takes his job extremely seriously, placing it above all his other priorities (understandably so given the (supposed) consequences if he stops). The scope of his occupation aside, Kepin just loves being productive and making a difference in his life and the lives of others. If he stands still for more than a minute, he will begin to feel sad and useless. He has a surprisingly realistic voice, not too overexaggerated but with a small hint of​
Backstory
Kepin lives where he was born, in the bright and bustling Stabletown, a cross between concepts of North America's northern and southern environments - so the rich farmland and dusty plains are side by side and integrated with tall skyscrapers and high-rise hotels. Kepin's family are recent immigrants, so the heritage-oriented townsfolk don't take too kindly to them. But when Kepin himself demonstrates excellent grades in school and a connection to a mysterious energy (called Charots, pronounced Carrot, they're a bit like the Force but for time) persistent in Stabletown, he is introduced to the town's worst-kept secret: the Time Management Facility, which harnesses the Charots and uses them to keep time running smoothly in their world of Allya (very similar to Alice's Wonderland).
Kepin is excited to work there among the town's best and brightest, but he feels like his janitorial work is not making a great difference on the world. Regardless, he drops out of high school to keep his place at the TMF, and over the course of a couple years, tirelessly works his way up the ladder to head honcho!...sorta. His job is to run along The Cycle, a hamster-wheel kind of device which filters Charots to keep the flow of time going as fast as time itself (don't understand it? That's fine, neither does our fluffy protagonist). He runs along The Cycle day in and day out, only sleeping an hour here or there when The Cycle has enough speed to go on its own. While I can't say much now for fear of setting up too much, at some point Kepin will realize that the Time Management Facility is a bunch of BS and that he never had to run along any kind of wheel, it was all a fabrication to bend time in the will of CEO's and the like so they could maximize profits. Though his powers and connection to Charots are still very much real. Saddened but determined, he looks outward to find a new purpose, now that his main goal in life has been uprooted.

TL;DR he thought he had to spin some kind of wheel to keep time going but apparently he didn't, also has a connection to a time-related energy source called Charots.​
Reasons for inclusion
He's instantly recognizable, simple, and mascot-able. I know many are tired of Scrimblo Bimblos, but seriously, they work as mascots for a reason. Also, you don't see a ton of mascots these days who are dressed to impress, but Kepin certainly is, which makes him instantly more likable I think. He appears childlike but is very emotionally mature, meaning he can work in multiple settings in our game without feeling out of place.​
Gonna add image later
NameAsh Banderas
UniverseQuantum Parallel Works
GenderMale
AgeIn his 20s
Height1.75 cm (5'9)
Weight140 lbs (63kg)
Weapon of ChoiceAlter Core
Secondary WeaponMechanical Enhanced Arm "Striker"
Abilties and Powers
  • (Limited) Time-Space manipulation (mostly used on himself).
    • To explain it better, he can do things like teleporting himself to near places, slow the time around him or rewind the time of a certain object (like a ball to make it never fall).
Description
He is a tan-skinned younger with crimson hair, he has a quite skinny built but he has some muscles. He wears a quite common vestiment composed by jeans, a t-shirt, boots and a jacket.
Personality
He is a free spirit type guy, does what he wants when he wants and in the way he wants, he isn't an airhead even if his appearence would make it look like one but it's true that he usually jumps to the violent option first when a decision is required. After all things he is quite a good guy sometimes being selfless decisions for the greater good.
Backstory
Your regular in-vitro borned guy who was created in a mysterious lab in a reality that serves has a nexus of other ones (at least the ones under their jurisdiction), he born with two mechanical implants, the first one is an artificial heart called "Alter Core" that gives him the ability to have a small control of time and space and the second one is a mechanical arm that appart of your regular mechanical arm things like becoming a drill or serving has a rocket knuckle it also works has the device where he controls his Alter Core. A certain time where he was on a mission by the people who made him when he returned everyone mysteriously dissapeared, he wasn't sad but it was intrigated by the events wanting to know where they are now and why they leave the place without him. Wanting to know answers and at the same time enjoying his newly adquired liberty to do what he want Ash starts a journey around the different places around the timeline and the realms.
Reasons to include
He is more of a classic shonen protag with some things to make it sort of unique, since we are searching poster boys someone like him would fit like a ring to this job.
Abilities

NamePin: The Crafty Mech-Pilor
Universe
Craftropilis: A world of fabric, giant killer toys, and of course an evil dictatorship ran by a group of evil scalpers
GenderFemale
AgeNon-applicable (how can you tell the age of a living doll)
Height1-Foot
Weight1/2 Pound
Weapon of ChoiceTed-2: A mech made out of the various parts of stuffed animals and toys, including a firecracker bazooka arm, a rail gun that shoots checkers pieces, and an RC Car acting as the wheels, with of course a Teddy Bear head acting as the cockpit.
Secondary WeaponA personal squirt gun that can shoot both water, baking soda+vinegar, lemon juice, chocolate milk, and hot sauce
AbilitiesCombo Crafting: Can take various items scattered around the map and combines them into various combo weapons (think Frank West's combo weapons), these combo weapons can be used as extra parts for Ted-2, or as personal melee weapons.

Self Patching: Can heal herself using scraps from her surroudings, this can also augment certain stats such as using metal objects for better defense and feathers for increased agility.

Smallness: Is small in size and so can fit in small spaces, but that requires getting out of Ted-2.

Backstory

DescriptionPin true to her name is made out of various patchwork. Of course she has a button for her left eye and a googly eye for her right eye, she has a mouth hole stiched up with string (think of something like Squigly from Skullgirls) with pins acting as dimples of sorts. She has a jumpsuit/dress of sorts made from red and dark pink construction paper resembling little red riding hood, her left hand is a fishing hook and her right hand is a pair of few strands of yellow yarn acting as a hook and hand combo. For feet she has a pair of push pins, left one is red and right one is blue, acting as feets with bottle caps acting as shoes. She also has a pair of swimming goggles on when piloting Ted-2

Ted-2 as previously stated is made out of various toys and stuffed animals. Of course there is the teddy bear head, which is inverted and the mouth part is replaced with a cockpit made out of a nutcracker head. Its left arm is a firecracker launch, its right arm is a Nintendo Ultra-Hand, and has a an RC Car as the tank treads. Finally it has hidden Slinky toys acting as a makeshift jumping program and escape pod.
BackstoryPin was going to be a star, she was part of a hot new line of dolls with virtual integration to allow for deeper interaction with her child. However what she didn't expect was that a dirty team of scalper collected the entire stock of dolls and other popular toys and converted them into their own evil army of killer toys. What she also didn't expect was that she was going to be the testing dummy for this army with the repeat attacks on her heavily damaging her body. Luckily being connected to the internet has its benefits and she taught herself the magic of DIY needlepoint. Soon she built a new body for herself out of crafting materials and soon had bigger plans. Using defectives parts she built a mech suit for herself called the Ted-2 to survive this conquered world. She later became known as "The Scrappy" a feared monocure for her enemies. While Pin may have lost her original purpose, she now has a new purpose defeating the evil scalpers and saving her dimensions from their world of evil DIY. However the scalpers were clever and with a combination of ginger ale, egg timers, and strange stones, banished Pin from her world. Overtime the toys rebelled from their scalper leaders and created a new world made from patchwork and crafting tools all led by a dictatorships of evil chess pieces led by their king and queen Chex and Malt respectivly. Pin meanwhile was trapped between time and space and drift though there unconscious until the events of the game.
PersonalityPin is like her namesake, sharp and quick witted, Being originally broken in pieces and not broken her physic and her sharp tounge is as savage as the mech she pilots. Still she is quite clingy as well also like a pin, wanting nothing more than to have someone to be her close friend like the child she was going to be owned by, especially in these lonely times. But like the DIY stuff she is made of she can be scatterebrained and awkward around other people when its gets personal. Still she is in the right place and is generally a nice and heroic person.
InclusionLike these thread, Pin is made of disparate parts. but these parts somehow work together, which is something we should stride for in a multimedia crossover like this. She is also extremely marketable being considered cute to the girls and cool to the boys. Plus the possibilities of her crafting concept would work wonders in gameplay in all styles.
Here are the listings:
  1. Luna Hatsune
  2. Jacob Williams
  3. Jack
  4. Kepin
  5. Ash Banderas
  6. Pin: The Crafty Mech-Pilor
Please take some time reviewing each submission and picture them within a Hero Shooter, Party Brawler, and Dungeon Crawler. This character will also be our poster character and hwo appears on the box art and everything.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THREE. RANKED VOTING IS ON.

Job #2: Submit Modes for Warlord, Cryptfiend, and Smashcore Realms

Talking about lookingat our first character through thel lens of our genre-representing game modes, we will begin fleshing out the Game Modes of our Realms. Reminder that Warlord = Hero Shooter, Cryptfiend = Dungeon Crawler, and Smashcore = Party Brawler. You can submit a game mode forjust one, all of them, or create seperate posts for submissions in case you have further ideas. If you need inspiration, please look to Overwatch, Paladins, and Apex for Warlord, Diablo and Hades for Cryptfiend, and, for Smashcore, obv Smash but also NASBR, Rivals ofAether, Brawlhala.​

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We will begin voting for our first poster character! Thank you to everyone who submitted contenr and took the time for these amazing write-ups! Since there was initial confusion about the template, I will accept submissions done before we actually did the submission process...

Here are the listings:
  1. Luna Hatsune
  2. Jacob Williams
  3. Jack
  4. Kepin
  5. Ash Banderas
  6. Pin: The Crafty Mech-Pilor
Please take some time reviewing each submission and picture them within a Hero Shooter, Party Brawler, and Dungeon Crawler. This character will also be our poster character and hwo appears on the box art and everything.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THREE. RANKED VOTING IS ON.

Job #2: Submit Modes for Warlord, Cryptfiend, and Smashcore Realms

Talking about lookingat our first character through thel lens of our genre-representing game modes, we will begin fleshing out the Game Modes of our Realms. Reminder that Warlord = Hero Shooter, Cryptfiend = Dungeon Crawler, and Smashcore = Party Brawler. You can submit a game mode forjust one, all of them, or create seperate posts for submissions in case you have further ideas. If you need inspiration, please look to Overwatch, Paladins, and Apex for Warlord, Diablo and Hades for Cryptfiend, and, for Smashcore, obv Smash but also NASBR, Rivals ofAether, Brawlhala.​
Kepin
Pin
Ash

Warlord
Man vs Monster
In this mode, five players work together to achieve various goals depending on the map. For example, in a food themed map you may have to collect ingredients to make a magic soup, or in a music themed world, you need to have the beat go on. Another player gets to play as the warden who creates enemies and obstacles for the 5 players to fight. Each selected character has two exclusive enemies, one normal and one miniboss, and two exclusive powers to use so there is some strategy to the picked warden. The warden wins when all players are either killed or the objective is destroyed.

Cryptfiend
Deep Dive
An engless mose where you collect treasure and other items, if you die you lose everything. The goal is to both go as deep as possible as every 5 floors gives you a x2 score multiplier, and collect as many treasures as possible while fighting enemies and a boss every 3 floors.

Smashcore
Multi-Man Brawl
Same as canon-smash, but there is a boss spawned for every 20 fighters killed.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Jack (Alternative Jack the Ripper? Neat)
  2. Jacob (Follows the RWBY logic that everything can be a gun and I like it)
  3. Ash (Unbelievable bias, I will also add his design tomorrow)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So how many modes will this thread have? Will there be other gameplay styles?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So how many modes will this thread have? Will there be other gameplay styles?
I explained it in the opening post. We will be incorporating other Realms that focuses on other genres.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Warlord Mode: Survive & Revive
Based on the Halo Infinite mode, Attrition. Two teams of four, each player has around 5 or 6 lives. Once the player uses up all their lives, they'll become a hovering spirit which cannot move, and to be revived, a teammate must stand by them and hold a certain button, unable to defend themselves, for about 5 seconds. Last team standing wins.

Smashcore Mode: Smashball
Attacks deal no damage or knockback, however there is a soccer ball onstage that can be attacked, and while being launched it has a strong hitbox. So basically, you have to take out all of your opponent's lives by launching a soccer ball at them while not being hit by the soccer ball yourself. Very similar to Lethal League, just in platform fighter style.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the voting for our very first character!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Luna Hatsune0011
Jacob Williams1 (3)1 (2)05
Jack1 (3)1 (2)16
Kepin1 (3)003
Ash Banderas0022
Pin: The Craft Mech-Pilor1 (3)2 (4)07

We have Pin as our winning submission but, seeing as how we have two other submissions (Jack and Jacob) bothwithin striking range, we are are going to do a run-off poll. This isn't something we will do often but, seeing as how this is our very first character, I feel this is something we should all know for sure we want to include. You can find voting at the top of the thread.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here are the results of the voting for our very first character!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Luna Hatsune0011
Jacob Williams1 (3)1 (2)05
Jack1 (3)1 (2)16
Kepin1 (3)003
Ash Banderas0022
Pin: The Craft Mech-Pilor1 (3)2 (4)07

We have Pin as our winning submission but, seeing as how we have two other submissions (Jack and Jacob) bothwithin striking range, we are are going to do a run-off poll. This isn't something we will do often but, seeing as how this is our very first character, I feel this is something we should all know for sure we want to include. You can find voting at the top of the thread.
Do you mean like a smashboards poll because I cant find it on this thread

Top Bottom