• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Project NvP: A crossover fighter starring Nintendo and PlayStation characters (Definitive Edition)

Should our first platform-neutral character be Sonic or Master Chief?

• Sonic

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Master Chief (Halo)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hi! This is a continuation of a thread started by Yokta Yokta . Here's a link to the original thread https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ion-characters-thread-up-for-adoption.516576/

Super Smash Bros Ultimate was more than just a crossover. It was a gargantuan feat of organisation. From the first reveal to the last DLC, this game repeatedly shocked the world with countless surprises. It's hard to imagine anything could ever surpass the hype generated by Ultimate.

So imagine, if you will, over a confidential intercontinental conference call, two gaming titans settling a three-decade grudge to create something truly special; built around the one thing that Smash Ultimate didn't manage to accomplish. This game could be anything we can imagine, right down to its very name, but for now you may call it...

1644192963184.png

ABOUT THE GAME

HOW TO PLAY

Project NvP is a ring-out platform fighter. Players rack up damage on their opponents to increase the knockback they receive from attacks. When a fighter touches the blast zone outside the screen, they lose a stock. The aim of the game is to take the most stocks off of opponents, or to be the last player with stocks remaining.

Fighters have light, heavy and special attacks, and can use blocking and dodges to avoid attacks. They also build up their super meters by dealing and receiving damage, which they can spend on a selection of unique, powerful Super Moves.

(More information to be determined)

ROSTER

RIVALS:
Link vs Aloy
Mario vs Sackboy
Pit vs Kratos
Kirby vs Ellie
Fox vs Ratchet and Clank
Captain Falcon VS Sweet Tooth
Samus VS Hunter (Bloodborne)
Parappa VS Yuka & Monkeys

UNRIVALLED:
Sonic
Open Slots:
15 Nintendo
15 PlayStation
3 Agnostics

The base roster contains 50 fighters: 23 Nintendo reps, 23 PlayStation reps, and four "Platform Neutrals", who are equally accociated with both companies (either via being close or not close). This is a significant size upgrade from the original plans (which was sixteen per platform with no Plat-Neuts. Each platform-alligned character has a rival from the opposing side, who clashes and/or collaborates with them more frequently in the various gameplay modes.

ARENAS
Arenas are modelled after iconic games from PlayStation and Nintendo, and feature spacious terrain for platforming. These arenas may be invaded by intruders from the other side. There's gonna be 36 arenas: 16 Nintendo ones, 16 Playstation ones, two Platform Neutrals, and two originals)

(Original Nintendo arena)
(Original PlayStation arena)
(Original crossover arena)
  • Peach's Castle (New Super Mario Bros U x Fat Princess)​
  • Cascade Kingdom (Super Mario Odyssey x Ape Escape)​
  • Green Greens (Kirby's Dream Land x ???)​
  • Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus: Uprising x ???)​
  • ZDR (Metroid Dread x ???)​
  • Libertalia (Uncharted x ???)​
  • Meridian (Horizon Zero Dawn x ???)​
  • Coral Countryside (Sackboy: A Big Adventure x ???)​
  • Yharnam (Bloodborne x ???)​
  • Onion Dojo (Parrapa x ???)​
(11 Nintendo rep arenas)
(13 PlayStation rep arenas)
(4 others)​

STORY
Two separate multiverses have begun to fuse together, due to the machinations of a mysterious entity calling itself the Master of Universes. Against its overwhelming power, even the strongest heroes are defeated, forced to submit to the Master's rule. Only two valiant fighters escape, one from each multiverse, meeting each other in a pocket dimension hidden within the boundary between the multiverses.

From there, the fighters must explore the mixed-up worlds of the new universe, recruiting other fighters, rescuing the Master's captives, expanding their base of operations and uncovering the secret at the heart of the Master's frightening abilities.

Gameplay:

When starting the story mode, the player will only have access to a handful of characters, likely a couple of rival pairs. By playing through the mode, new ones are unlocked. A lot of plot-related battles will force certain characters to be selected but others allow any fighter. Either way, co-op is available, as long as two players choose different characters as alternate costumes are locked.

The game loop of the story mode consists of three sections. Firstly, they have to travel through a 2D world map to reach new destinations, by following pre-determined paths and solving occasional puzzles. There are also a good number of standard battles and boss battles that are similar to regular gameplay, using mostly standard stages and fighters with some special effects when necessary. These comprise most of the plot-important battles.

Then there are "dungeons". These are platforming beat'em up sections where characters need to travel through long, largely linear sections with some route selections, beating up mook characters along the way, similar to Subspace Emissary or Smash Run. Most items would be available during these sections but certain ones would be disabled.

EXCLUSIVE MODES
(To be determined)

EXTRA MODES
(To be determined)

COLLECTABLES AND CUSTOMISATION
(To be determined)

ONLINE MODES
(To be determined)
1644192864225.png

Here's the old image. Unfortunately, I don't have the template so i can't update it. but it sure looks cool!​

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 1/2: Give Samus and Parrapa partners!

The old thread left off on an odd note: two characters didn't have an adversary. We're gonna fix that: submit one each. You don't need to submit both, just one is fine (they'll be voted on separately). I plan on changing the third party rules eventually, but for now the same rules apply (-3 from the vote tally).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 1: Selene (Returnal)

1644215201454.png

The protagonist of Returnal, a rogue-lite action horror game for PS5. Working as a space scout, she follows a mysterious figure in the mysterious planet Atropos to solve the reason behind a time loop. She uses a variety of sci-fi weaponry and their wide range of customizable abilities to help her in combat so she's not hurting in the moveset potential.

Aside from their superficial similarities as mission-oriented sci-fi gun wielders, Samus and Selene also share some similarities between their games. Such as their horror heavy lore and presentation. I think it'd be interesting to see them come across in battle.

Job 2: Yuka & Monkeys (Rhythm Heaven)

1644214601495.png

Simply called "the girl" or "Miss" in her own games, Yuka is given a proper name in Nintendo Badge Arcade. She appeared in every game in the series alongside Monkeys and can be considered one of the mascots of the long-running Nintendo franchise Rhythm Heaven due to her prominent use in marketing. She's a fashionable young woman who likes attending to the secret tap-dance parties of the animal kingdom.

I think she would make a fitting pair to Parappa, as they are both rhythm game characters who are inherently two-dimensional. Her moveset would not doubt borrow a lot from the various minigames of Rhythm Heaven and be assisted by the Monkeys that dance with her.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 1: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
LaraCroftInfobox.png

She's owned by a third party (Square Enix), but is undeniably close to Sony. Her original games were some of the best selling games on the original PlayStation, and they still have a connection today, as PS Plus often gives free Tomb Raider games. Lara would be a fitting rival for Samus: they are almost inarguably the two most iconic female characters in gaming. They both also use ranged weaponry: Samus has a cannon-arm, while Lara uses contemporary weaponry like guns and bows.

Job 2: Wario (Wario Ware)
Wario Posing (WarioWare Gold) | Wario Forums

I had planned on submitting a Rhythm Heaven rep, but the idea is so obvious someone else took it and I had to find something else. WarioWare is basically Rhythm Heaven's sibling series, so why not go for that? Wario is a very popular character, and the WarioWare series is based on quick reactions much like Parappa and his rhythm games. If more is needed to supplement his moveset, he has the Wario Land series. You'd have to be really silly to completely ignore Wario Land while crafting a Wario move set in a fighting game, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HunterRender.png

Hunter (Bloodbourne)
Souls-likes are sort of a evolution of the Metroidvaina genre. Plus Bloodborne and Metroid are both about characters ending up in a unfamiliar and hostile environment, needing to equp upgrades and new weapons in order to stay alive.

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Two adorable and popular dogs from their respective companies. They both come from games that aren't known for their fighting, and both make use of everyday objects in their movesets.

Last edited by a moderator:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
DJ KK Slider (Parapa)

2 dogs both with links to music.

Alucard (Samus)

The other half of Metroidvania. SotN was ps1 exclusive & arguably Alucards most well known game appearance.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OK, time to vote. Vote for your favorite three, your top vote can't be your submission. Lara and Alucard start with a -3 defecit as third parties. Because we have two characters from the same series, if the two Animal Crossing reps get more than half the votes in their category we will do a runoff between them.

SAMUS'S RIVAL

Jak and Daxter - Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy
Selene (Returnal) - osby osby
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) - PeridotGX PeridotGX
Hunter (Bloodborne) - @Darkonedagger
Alucard (Castlevania) - nirvanafan nirvanafan

PARAPPA'S RIVAL

Pikachu (Pokemon) - Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy
Yuka & Monkeys (Rhythm Heaven) - osby osby
Wario - PeridotGX PeridotGX
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) - @Darkonedagger
K.K Slider (Animal Crossing) - nirvanafan nirvanafan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Selene
2. Jax
3. Hunter

1. Yuka
2. Wario
3. Isabelle

Pokemon defo deserves a spot at some point.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Samus
1. Hunter
2. Jak and Daxter
3. Selene

Pikachu
1. Isabelle
2. Pikachu
3. Wario

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Samus:
  1. Selene (come on, it just makes so much sense! I recommend to try playing Returnal)
  2. Hunter
  3. Alucard
PaRappa:
  1. Yuka & Monkeys
  2. K.K. Slider
  3. Isabelle
Honorable Mentions: Jak & Daxter and Pikachu (I think the latter would fight someone else at some point)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
SAMUS'S RIVAL

1. Hunter
  2. Jak & Daxter
  3. Selene

PARAPPA'S RIVAL

1. Isabelle
  2. Wario
  3. Yuka & Monkeys

D

Deleted member

Ignore this.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
THE VOTES ARE IN!
PARAPPA'S RIVAL

Pikachu (Pokemon) - 1+2+1+3+1 = 8
Yuka & Monkeys (Rhythm Heaven) - 3+3+1+3+3+1+3+2+3 = 22!
Wario - 2+1+2+1+2+3+1 = 12
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) - 1+3+1+3+2+1+2 = 13
K.K Slider (Animal Crossing) - 2+2+ = 4

The winner is
Yuka, by a landslide! Congrats to osby osby !

SAMUS'S RIVAL

Jak and Daxter - 2+2+2+3+1+2+3 = 15
Selene (Returnal) - 3+1+3+1+3+3 = 14
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) =(-3)+1+3+3+2+2 = 8
Hunter (Bloodborne) - 1+3+2+3+2+1+1+1+1 = 16
Alucard (Castlevania) = (-3)+1+2+2 = 2

By a close margin, the
Bloodborne Hunter wins! Congrats to @Darkonedagger!

Job #3: Submit a Sony stage.

We have more Sony stages than Nintendo ones, something I want to fix. Submit a stage from a First Party Sony series, exept for those that already have a stage. We're going to be adding two of these.

Also, this is probably going to become relevant eventually so I'll spit it out: 4th Parties are eligible, so long as you can make a convincing argument that they are important to gaming and their side. Aside from Insomniac's Marvel characters, they will be treated like third parties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bloodborne-screen-03-ps4-us-10jun14.jpg

Yharnam

The main setting of Bloodbourne. Takes place in the centre. There is a bridge and a few platforms. There is an old coach that can be used as an extra platform. Various villagers and monsters will roam around in the background. The cleric beast can sometimes be heard.

Also not that I'm planning on submitting anything from it but what's the status on Destiny. Since Bungie was just bought I assume it would be treated as PS ip?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
THE VOTES ARE IN!
PARAPPA'S RIVAL

Pikachu (Pokemon) - 1+2+1+3+1 = 8
Yuka & Monkeys (Rhythm Heaven) - 3+3+1+3+3+1+3+2+3 = 22!
Wario - 2+1+2+1+2+3+1 = 12
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) - 1+3+1+3+2+1+2 = 13
K.K Slider (Animal Crossing) - 2+2+ = 4

The winner is
Yuka, by a landslide! Congrats to Idon Idon !

SAMUS'S RIVAL

Jak and Daxter - 2+2+2+3+1+2+3 = 15
Selene (Returnal) - 3+1+3+1+3+3 = 14
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) =(-3)+1+3+3+2+2 = 8
Hunter (Bloodborne) - 1+3+2+3+2+1+1+1+1 = 16
Alucard (Castlevania) = (-3)+1+2+2 = 2

By a close margin, the
Bloodborne Hunter wins! Congrats to @Darkonedagger!

Job #3: Submit a Sony stage.

We have more Sony stages than Nintendo ones, something I want to fix. Submit a stage from a First Party Sony series, exept for those that already have a stage. We're going to be adding two of these.

Also, this is probably going to become relevant eventually so I'll spit it out: 4th Parties are eligible, so long as you can make a convincing argument that they are important to gaming and their side. Aside from Insomniac's Marvel characters, they will be treated like third parties.
I've never been to this thread lol.

Why was I mentioned for Yuka the Rhythm Heaven character?

Sony Stage:
Wildwoods, Norway (God of War 2018)

Wildwoods
is one of locations of God of War 2018. It takes place in Norse Era norway and it's a snowy and cold forest.

It would be stage similar to walk-offs, but it has edgy slopes at each sides of Stage. It takes place at Wildwoods in ancient Norway during Norse Era. The Cameos are Atreus, Calliope, Thor and Loki.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've never been to this thread lol.

Why was I mentioned for Yuka the Rhythm Heaven character?
I meant to tag osby osby and I accidentally tagged you by mistake. I was writing that right before I went to bed, so I guess I was too tired to notice the mistake lol. Sorry to both of you.

Feel free to stay though. We have cookie

Also not that I'm planning on submitting anything from it but what's the status on Destiny. Since Bungie was just bought I assume it would be treated as PS ip?
Yep.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Chop Chop Master Onion's Dojo

The Dojo is the set of the first stage of Parappa the Rapper. It is a mostly enclosed building. However, there as walls that can be broken and those lead to the edge of the ring. Master Onion and his students appear in the background.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sony Stage:
Wildwoods, Norway (God of War 2018)

Wildwoods
is one of locations of God of War 2018. It takes place in Norse Era norway and it's a snowy and cold forest.

It would be stage similar to walk-offs, but it has edgy slopes at each sides of Stage. It takes place at Wildwoods in ancient Norway during Norse Era. The Cameos are Atreus, Calliope, Athena, Thor and Loki.
The Hazard is Jormundgard, where he comes out of the Background and slams his body on stage, resulting damage and stage Shake. He appears for while (Likely 20 seconds) and dissappears after that. You can damage him to end his role quickly.
I think we’re not supposed to have hazards like that because that’s the role of the invasions.

Also I can understand Athena because she was seen in kratos’s vision in god of war ps4 but how the heck would those other characters from the greek god of war games be able to appear in norway at the time of god of war ps4??

Last edited:
I think we’re not supposed to have hazards like that because that’s the role of the invasions.

Also I can understand Athena because she was seen in kratos’s vision in god of war ps4 but how the heck would those other characters from the greek god of war games be able to appear in norway at the time of god of war ps4??
Well, the same problem goes to Silver, who appears in Green Hill Zone as cameo despite the stage is based on 1991 Sonic. Also during the events of first Sonic game, Silver didn't existed and never explored green hill Zone.

But anyway, I'm gonna cut out Athena from being a Cameo.

D

Deleted member

Well, the same problem goes to Silver, who appears in Green Hill Zone as cameo despite the stage is based on 1991 Sonic. Also during the events of first Sonic game, Silver didn't existed and never explored green hill Zone.

But anyway, I'm gonna cut out Athena from being a Cameo.
They're literally dead though.

Top Bottom