• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlRex

Smash Lord
The Grinch: 7
Taz: 19
Captain N: 11
Kirby: 5
Tails: 9
Eda: 1
Weeping Angel: 6
Daddy Pig: 3
Frieza: 0

For now, Oddball Oddball 's Tasmanian Devil and my own Captain N will get in! If it's alright, generally two will be added from Assist jobs.

Job #63: Submit another fighting-based mode.
Single Player or Multiplayer, it doesn’t matter, as long as you’re controlling a character and fighting against something or someone.
My submission seems like a fairly obvious one: Boss Battle Bash.
This is a mode where, after all of the bosses have been encountered in Classic or Adventure Routes, you can fight them here individually. The unique thing here is that you can choose tag-team with a friend or CPU against a boss, or you can even choose to have bosses fight each other. The movelists are slightly more limited and/or too “OP” to be regular characters, so they’ll only be playable here, though.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I submit an All Star like mode called The Time Machine (Similar to my Icons thread).
It will be like in the previous Smash games where you fight in a chronological order. There will be two options: Forward and Backwards, where you fight from the oldest one to the newest one and vice-versa respectively.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 63:Mini-Game Stadium

this mode,the player can play some of the Mini-Games on the Arcade Mode and choose one of them,including one character,the Mini-Games have the playable character's time score when the Player finished some one of the all Mini-Games.

Last edited:
Resubmitting King of the Hill:
(It's based on the real life game and "King of the Hill" modes from video games)
King of the Hill

The mode is about being on top of the map for the whole match and you need to prevent others by attacking them from knocking you out from highest place, where you stay.
You also need to knock the opponent from the highest place if you want to be a king.

If you climb on top and stay for long until the end of match, you win, but if someone is on the top for long time until the game ends, you lose along with others.
(You basically fight people, who are trying to get to the top of the map or fight the opponent, who is a king of the game)

AlRex

Smash Lord
I keep lagging behind on this, so I'll put up a vote for this job, as well as open submissions for the next job
AlRex AlRex Boss Battle Bash
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 The Time Machine
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Mini-Game Stadium
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds King of the Hill
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Capture the Flag
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Pogo Battle

I'll personally vote for:
1. The Time Machine
2. Capture the Flag
3. Mini-Game Stadium

As for the other job I'm opening up:
Job #64: Submit a LEGO Fighters Pack themed after one of the playable characters’ series in some way.
Be as straightforward as “these are LEGO Star Wars characters” or go more broad, like "here are some LEGO Hasbro characters" or “here’s some horror/Halloween-themed LEGO Fighters”, as long as it heavily relates to a playable character on the roster in some way. Also don’t be discouraged by some of the examples already being mentioned if those were the first ones you thought of.

That said, I'm going to submit a Halloween/Horror LEGO Pack!
Halloween Pack
Ghost (Any type)
Dracula (Blaster/Brawler)
Frankenstein’s Monster (Brawler)
The Wolfman (Brawler)
The Mummy (Brawler)
Wicked Witch of the West (Blaster or Bonker, using her broom)
The Headless Horseman [has a no head option and a Jack-o-Lantern option] (Brawler maybe, though you can use headless or pumpkin for any)
Freddy Krueger (Brawler)
Jason Voorhees (Bonker, uses a giant machete)
Michael Myers (Bonker, uses a knife)
Leatherface (Bonker, uses a chainsaw)
Pennywise (IT) (Can be any type, would have a copy of IT's own head on IT's hand, looking a bit like the Dead Lights form for the Blaster, and a Balloon Staff for Bonker)

Sorry for double posting.
Here you go, here's my resubmission.

SEGA Lego Fighter PACK:
1. Gilius Thunderhead (Headgear + Outfit) (Bonker) (Uses his axe)
2. Alex Kidd (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
3. Akira Yuki (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
4. Axel Stone (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
5. Ulala (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses her blaster)
6. Vyse (Headgear + Outfit) (Bonker) (Uses his sword)
7. Joker (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses his gun)
8. Tails (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses his Smash blaster)
9. Knuckles (Headgear + Outfit) (Bonker)
10. Kiryu (Headgear + Outfit) (All classes) (Uses his fists/traffic cone/his gun)
11. Beat (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses his graffiti can)
12. Alis Lansdale (Bonker) (Headgear + Outfit) (Uses her sword)

Edit: I've added Beat and Alis as costumes, because Phantasy Star is also one of very popular RPG series.

I nominate this pack, because it would represent the History of SEGA.
(Also I've included 2 Sonic costumes)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. The Time Machine
2. Capture the Flag
3. Mini-Game Stadium

Resubmitting my LEGO Marvel pack.

Job 58:

Marvel Comics Pack

1. Thor (Bonker)
2. The Hulk (Brawler)
3. Captain America (Brawler)
4. Iron Man (Blaster, he will have his hand as the gun)
5. Black Widow (Blaster, she will use a handgun)
6. Wolverine (Brawler)
7. Star-Lord (Blaster)
8. Captain Marvel (Brawler)
9. Black Panther (Brawler)
10. Thanos (Brawler)
11. Falcon (Brawler)
12. Scarlet Witch (Brawler)

Why not make the first LEGO Fighters pack based off of a brand that they have collaborated with plus Marvel has tons of cool ideas for LEGO Fighters?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I keep lagging behind on this, so I'll put up a vote for this job, as well as open submissions for the next job
AlRex AlRex Boss Battle Bash
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 The Time Machine
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Mini-Game Stadium
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds King of the Hill
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Capture the Flag
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Pogo Battle

I'll personally vote for:
1. The Time Machine
2. Capture the Flag
3. Mini-Game Stadium

As for the other job I'm opening up:
Job #64: Submit a LEGO Fighters Pack themed after one of the playable characters’ series in some way.
Be as straightforward as “these are LEGO Star Wars characters” or go more broad, like "here are some LEGO Hasbro characters" or “here’s some horror/Halloween-themed LEGO Fighters”, as long as it heavily relates to a playable character on the roster in some way. Also don’t be discouraged by some of the examples already being mentioned if those were the first ones you thought of.
1. Boss Battle Bash (I feel like a "boss rush" is a pretty important thing to have here, if anything. Just overall it feels kind of necessary.)
2. Capture the Flag (This feels like such a unique concept! I love the idea of using the gameplay in such an unusual way.)
3. Minigame Stadium (Again, this feels like an obvious inclusion even if only for the sake of having somewhere to actually play minigames.)

Job #64:
I'm going to do something a little more unusual and submit The 80's as my own pack idea. Looking back at LEGO Dimensions, for instance, there was a lot of nostalgia for the 80s overall (with the inclusion of stuff like Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, Knight Rider, Back to the Future, The A-Team and the Goonies.) This'd be based, to an extent, on characters like Robocop and Freddy Kreuger due to their 80s origins, but also on characters like Darth Vader and Xenomorph due to their significance during the decade. I'm limiting this, once more, to 16 figures.

The 80s
(Already-existing, LEGO-original minifigs)
Gamer Kid. (Originating from LEGO Dimensions and a semi-original character, I felt he'd be a solid inclusion here. He's a Bonker, using a giant sword of sorts that's designed to look like an arcade joystick. Also, his various colourations can change his shirt's design as in Dimensions.)
Classic LEGO Knights Minifig. (I think being able to have different factions such as the Crusaders, Black Falcons, and Forestmen, depending on the colour you set them to, would be a solid inclusion. They're Bonkers of course, using a classic LEGO sword.)
Dan Clash. (Technically counts here, as a representative of the relatively recent World Builder site. Dan's the main character of their main line, LEGO Neon, with a whole Miami Vice thing going on in terms of appearance. He's a grizzled 80s cop, so he's a Blaster.))

(Licensed, but already-existing, minifigs)
B.A. Baracus. (The A-Team is still remembered fondly to this day as probably the most well-known team of non-lethal mercenaries, and I think B.A. using a LEGO spanner as his weapon - making him a Bonker - would be quite fun to see.)
Betelgeuse. (I'm going to say he's a Brawler because I have no idea what he'd exactly use. Even so, he feels like a pretty fun and necessary inclusion here.)
E.T. (E.T. Phone Home... again, he's an obvious inclusion. I'm not sure whether his smaller legs would be a problem when it comes to hitboxes, but his taller head might balance that out a bit. I'm again going to say he's a Brawler on the pure basis that I don't think he'd use a ray gun.)
Gizmo. (The Gremlins rep! Again, he's a Brawler because I don't know what to give him otherwise. But oh well. I considered adding Stripe as well, but eventually opted against it because I didn't think the Gremlins should be one of the only series with two reps.)
Michael Knight. (Even if everyone only really knows him for his car, K.I.T.T., I think he'd still be a fun inclusion, even if only for the sake of technically including "The Hoff" in this pack somehow. Again, Brawler because I don't think guns would work well in his case.)
Indiana Jones. (I suppose he's an obvious pick for 80s nostalgia, right? I'm going to say he's a fusion between a Bonker and Blaster with his whip and revolver, but I guess it could go either way.)
Batman (Michael Keaton.) (I felt this would be a fun inclusion, especially with the recent 1989 Batman sets. Barely manages to edge into the 80s territory, but why not, huh? He's also a Brawler.)

(New/Semi-New minifigs)
Michelangelo.
(Based on his 80s look, I gathered a TMNT rep would be a solid pick, so I went with the character I guessed would be the favourite of a lot of people - Mikey. He's a Brawler but fights with his nunchuks.)
He-Man. (The Defender of the Universe, he'd use the Sword of Greyskull to be a Bonker in a game like this. I don't know much about him, but I know he's popular enough to warrant inclusion.)
Dark Helmet. (I think that the fact we have Darth Vader as a playable character makes him a solid inclusion. He's a Bonker, using his Schartz as his main weapon. Spaceballs is good, okay?)
Michael Jackson. (We'd give him two looks, one based on the Thriller music video and the other on Smooth Criminal. Whilst I wanted to focus on stuff like movies and TV, music is a vital part of the 80s, and whilst I actively considered adding Rick Astley or David Byrne, Michael is an obvious pick for this role. I'm going to say he's a Brawler, but his Smooth Criminal self is more of a Blaster by virtue of using his hat as a ranged weapon.)
Max Headroom. (Admittedly a very unusual pick for the final character, but I think he's the archetypical "80s" character when it comes to nostalgia. He's a Blaster, using beams based on the background of his broadcasts and the like, as well as being able to toss 80s-style Coke cans around.)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
1. BBB
2. Flag
3. Pogo

Resubmitting Star Wars pack
Luke Skywalker (Bonker)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Bonker)
Anakin Skywalker (Bonker)
Darth Vader (Bonker)
Rey (Bonker)
Kylo Ren (Bonker)
Han Solo (Blaster)
Princess Leia (Blaster)
Boba Fett (Blaster)
Stormtrooper (Blaster)
Clone Trooper (Blaster)
C-3PO (Brawler)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Justice League Pack: For Superman
Batman (Brawler)
Wonder Woman (Bonker, with sword)
Flash (Brawler)
Cyborg (Blaster, with eye)
Green Lantern (Blaster, with hand)
Aquaman (Bonker, with trident)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For Kermit: Puppets Pack
  1. Miss Piggy (Brawler)
  2. Gonzo (Blaster, cannon)
  3. Fozzie (Blaster, water flower)
  4. Big Bird (Brawler)
  5. Oscar the Grouch (Blaster, trash can)
  6. Earl Sinclair (Dinosaurs) (Brawler)
  7. Yoda (Bonker)
  8. ET (Blaster, glowing finger)
  9. ALF (Brawler)
  10. Zippy (Rainbow) (Brawler)
  11. Punch (Punch & Judy) (Bonker, stick)
  12. Howdy Doody (Brawler)
  13. Tulio (31 Minutos) (Bonker, microphone)
  14. Sooty (Bonker, magic wand)
  15. Lamb Chop (Brawler)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Minifigures Pack

Samurai Warrior
View attachment 349129 (Attacks with sword)

Viking
View attachment 349131 (Attacks with axe)

Ice Fisherman
View attachment 349133 (Attacks with fishing rod with fish on the end)

Mr. Gold
View attachment 349137 (Attacks with cane)

Forestman
View attachment 349125 (Attacks with bow)

Lizard Man
View attachment 349132(Attacks with flame breath)

Saxophone Player
View attachment 349138 (Attacks with sound from Saxophone)

I tried to get a good variety of Minifigures in here with a variety of styles. Hopefully this is good.
I resubmit my Minifigures pack

Boss Battle Bash
Mini Game Stadium
King of the Hill

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
FOX Animation Minifigures:
  • Homer Simpson (Brawler)
  • Bart Simpson with a slingshot (Blaster)
  • Itchy with a chainsaw (Bonkers)
  • Kang/Kodos (Headgear)
  • Leela (Blaster)
  • Nibbler (Headgear)
  • Ernie the Giant Chicken (Brawler)
  • Stan Smith with the USA Flag (Bonkers)
  • Louise Blecher hat (Headgear)
  • Hank Hill (Brawler)

D

Deleted member

British TV pack

Cyberman (Blaster)
Virgil/Alan/Scott Tracy (three in one. Blaster)
Captain Scarlet (Blaster)
Mr. Bean (Bonker. Fights with a mop)
Del Boy (Brawler)
Bob the Builder (Classic design. Bonker. Fights with a spanner)
Paddington Bear (Brawler)
Mr. Blobby (Brawler)
Kryten (Blaster)
Marvin The Paranoid Android (Brawler)
The Stig (Brawler)
Hercule Poirot (Bonker. Fights with his cane)

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Updating!
AlRex AlRex Halloween Pack
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds SEGA Pack
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Marvel Comics Pack
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 The 80’s Pack
Otoad64 Otoad64 Star Wars Pack
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Justice League Pack
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Puppets Pack
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Minifigures Pack
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 FOX Animation Pack
@Darkonedagger British TV Pack

My personal votes
1. The 80’s
2. Puppets
3. British TV
If that was all combined, we could get Spitting Image, I suppose.

As well, I’ll open this job up:
Job #65: Submit a parody/satirical character.
A character from a series that is a comedic or take-off in some way of another series or broad genre, theme, all that.

Last edited:
Job 65:
Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
1651779283795.png

Homer is a patriarch of Simpson family and he is one of main protagonist of the adult series. He is husband of Marge and father of Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
He is one of famous characters and he would appears as parody fighter for Pop-Culture clash (He's also obvious pick for the game).

As for his moveset, his attacks would be based on Simpsons media like games or even episodes from TV shows like he could use his car as side B, throw his donut as neutral special or something like that. He also could borrow moves from others like Bart or Marge (I could want to see Homer skating like Bart).
He would be middleweight fighter with no additional movement options.

I nominate him, because his show is parody of American culture and other sitcoms. Plus, he is very obvious pick for the game.

1. 80's
2. SEGA
3. British TV

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
09BBC8DC-9D01-4A37-941E-B11EC19D94C6.jpeg

Cowabunga, dudes! Yes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles count for this, as they started as a parody of Frank Miller’s comic book work, especially Daredevil and Ronin, while also combining them with mutants (like the X-Men/New Mutants) and funny animals (like Mickey, Donald, Howard, etc.), two other huge things in comics. They’ve been in a few fighting games already, and I imagine they would work here similarly to their Injustice 2 appearance, in the sense of all being individually selectable from the same slot, but basically being variants on a similar moveset, with some inspiration from their other fighting game and beat-em-up appearances. Hit boxes would be altered for Leonardo’s swords, Raphael’s sais, Donatello’s bo staff, and Michelangelo’s nunchucks, but there is still at least some similarities in how they’d fight, as well as general statistics. Some specials may also differ between them, but they’d all share Supers, with them all teaming up.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Halloween
2. 80's
3. Star Wars

Job 65:Billy Butcher (The Boys)

Billy Butcher is the main character of a comic book series and tritagonist of the Amazon Prime series, he is a leader of a team of superhero killers called The Boys.

The Boys is a parody and a criticism of superheroes,showing the superheroes a bunch of jerks, arrogant and greedy, but not all superheroes are jerks, Starlight is a example of it

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
He is a character that parodies comedic people like Pee-Wee Herman.

He can blow bubbles and use karate gloves for his attacks. One of his supers could be bringing in a swarm of jellyfish.

We need a Nicktoons rep, and he is one of the main choices.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Justice League
2. Star Wars
3. Marvel

Shrek
View attachment 351843

Shrek is a character who technically debuted in a book but would be based on the animated movie version in-game, which is a parody of classic fairytales and Disney movies.
i would submit Shrek too,but ok,i'll let your submit

AlRex

Smash Lord
I can’t tell if SpongeBob himself is a parody or not, but there are definitely parody elements of the show (like Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy for superheroes and Aquaman & AquaLad/Batman & Robin specifically, the Krusty Krab for the fast food/restaurant business, the Flying Dutchman and King Neptune for those legends, David Hasselhoff’s appearance, etc.), so I can say it counts for now.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can’t tell if SpongeBob himself is a parody or not, but there are definitely parody elements of the show (like Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy for superheroes and Aquaman & AquaLad/Batman & Robin specifically, the Krusty Krab for the fast food/restaurant business, the Flying Dutchman and King Neptune for those legends, David Hasselhoff’s appearance, etc.), so I can say it counts for now.
You could say Patchy is one of Bozo the Clown.

Either way, I'm personally not on board for SpongeBob being elegible for this job given that he's more Peewee inspired than Peewee parody... but I do think SpongeBoy Me Bob should be on this roster so I'll likely vote for him.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Updating!
AlRex AlRex Halloween Pack
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds SEGA Pack
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Marvel Comics Pack
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 The 80’s Pack
Otoad64 Otoad64 Star Wars Pack
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Justice League Pack
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Puppets Pack
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Minifigures Pack
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 FOX Animation Pack
@Darkonedagger British TV Pack

My personal votes
1. The 80’s
2. Puppets
3. British TV
If that was all combined, we could get Spitting Image, I suppose.

As well, I’ll open this job up:
Job #65: Submit a parody/satirical character.
A character from a series that is a comedic or take-off in some way of another series or broad genre, theme, all that.
British
Marvel
Star Wars

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. 80s (Love the theme idea)
2. British (Cool theme idea)
3. Marvel (Self-vote)

Job 65

"Weird Al" Yankovic

Unknown.jpeg

Not sure if he is allowed but we do not really have much representation for music in the game. "Weird Al" is the perfect example for a parody fighter as his songs are parodies of famous songs on the radio.

Weird Al's Discography

His moveset can revolve around the songs/music videos. Basically, a slapstick moveset. Overall, a fun and out-of-left field choice.

Top Bottom