• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, I suppose we can just start up the voting now.
Mini-Games
AlRex AlRex Beat Up A Car
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Coyote Chase
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Tetris and Puyo Puyo
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Duck Hunt
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Mob Clash

Bosses
@Darkonedagger Darkseid (New Gods/DC)
AlRex AlRex Missingno (Pokémon)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Bowser (Mario)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Eggman (Sonic)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

I think one of the mini-games will be chosen for now, while two of the bosses will get in. That said...
My votes
1. Coyote Chase
2. Beat Up A Car
3. Duck Hunt

1. Bowser
2. Eggman
3. Ursula
Duck Hunt
Mob Clash
Coyote Chase

Eggman
Darkseid
Ursula

Added some Enemies for each series that has a playable character so far. We got Enemy Frenzy, and possibly another mode that uses them from this round, so we can accept some enemy submissions, from time to time.
When would that be allowed, just wondering.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alright, here are the votes.
Coyote Chase: 11
Beat Up A Car: 17
Duck Hunt: 8
Tetris & Puyo Puyo: 2
Mob Clash: 4

Bowser: 14
Eggman: 12
Ursula: 5
Darkseid: 6
Missingno: 5
This means that we'll be having the car smashing and Bowser and Eggman as bosses! Congrats to Pokelego999 Pokelego999 and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

I will say, even though Ursula didn't get in, I wouldn't mind submitting general profiles, music, maybe even some enemies based off of Disney's animated movies. Especially given how I opened up Nintendo & SEGA's content, perhaps too much.

Nevertheless, our next job:
Job #28: Discuss Sailor Moon and Sonic’s movesets.
Sailor Moon has a lot of pretty common attacks throughout the anime, a lot of magical beams, energy halos, hearts, orbs, tossing the tiara like a boomerang, even crying is a potential attack, oddly enough. Sounds silly, but I'd like that it kind of emphasizes the weirder/more unconventional aspects of her character. I don't have it fully organized yet, but these are just general ideas. She'd be very range-oriented and while she can fight up close, she'd likely be better at keeping a distance or disabling/disorienting an opponent. I have a very old Smash-like moveset from a project I did a while ago, but it could probably be tweaked a lot for this. https://www.deviantart.com/totalgymvssonic/art/NSFG-moveset-Sailor-Moon-531846933

I 100% do not just want to paste in Sonic's current Smash moveset and call it a day, but some moveset reworks perhaps place too much emphasis on just the newer, or I guess, post-Dreamcast games, although that probably sounds odd. I don't have it fully formulated yet, but I'd not mind an elemental shields mechanic, since that seems to be a somewhat consistent element, and to get the Drop Dash somewhere in there as a move. Supers would be some kind of version of Super Sonic (of course), probably something with Tails coming in on the Tornado plane, and maybe something where Sonic bounces around all over the place like a pinball. I saw it in work in a fangame called "CAPCOM VS the World", at least.

Sonic's Whole Moveset for Pop Culture Clash:
Light Attack: Sonic does a punch-kick combo like Akira in Virtual Fighter.

Up Light: Sonic does a back-lit and springs his legs upwards.

Down Light: Sonic does a Break Dance.

Light Air: Sonic uses "Flame Shield Dash".

Light Up: Sonic uses "Electric Shield" Jump.

Light Down: Sonic uses "Bubble Shield" bounce Attack.

Strong Attack: Sonic does a wind-Up punch from Sonic Fighters, but it's weaker and doesn't KO opponent easily.

Strong Up: His Up Smash from Brawl.

Strong Down: Sonic's Brawl down Smash.

Strong Air: Sonic does his move called "Sonic Eagle" from Sonic Battle.

Strong Down: Sonic does his Drop Dash Attack.

Strong Up: Sonic does his Up Aerial from Smash.

Neutral Special: Homing Attack. Acts same like in OG games and Smash.

Forward Special: Boost - Sonic does his boost move and Dashes straightforward. He can use this in Mid-Air and he has a boost meter taken from Games.

Up Special: Tornado Dash - Sonic jumps high and spins, creating Tornadoes that go into 4 directions.

Down Special: Spin Dash/Charge - Sonic does his Spin Charge around the opponents. When you move the Walking joystick, he does a Spin Dash like in his games.

Super Move 1: Friends' help - Sonic commands Tails to grab a foes and drop it in Air and Knuckles shows up and does a punch that sends opponent into Blast Zone.

Super Move 2: Super Sonic - Sonic turns into Super Sonic and he acts like in Brawl and SSB4, where you can control him.

Super Move 3: SEGA AGES Allstars - Sonic does a punch and sends foes into Cinematic Final Smash, where Sonic summons other SEGA characters like Harrier, NiGHTS or Alex Kidd to attack foes and after that, Sonic does a final blow with dropkick and KOes the foes, instantly ending his Super Move.

Plus, Resubmitting old Profiles that I posted, but you didn't noticed:
Nintendo:
1. CHIBI-ROBO
2. Ice Climbers
3. Captain N
4. Lip (Panel De Pon)
5. Takamaru
6. Wii Console

Sega:
1. Blue Dragoon (Panzer Dragoon)
2. Sega Mega Drvie/Genesiz
3. F-14 Tomcat (Afterburner)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I got in a few more Nintendo & SEGA profiles, might add in more later, especially given I also added in a TON of Disney profiles. But this is all probably subject to change. More so, though, I'd like to see more discussion on the Sonic and Sailor Moon moveset stuff.

Oddball

Smash Lord
For Sailor Moon's special moves, I was thinking something like...

Special: Throws her tiara like a boomerang.
Foward Special: throws her scepter out in front of her a short distance where it spins around for a moment then has abig light explosion.
Down Special: She spins, kinda like this. Moon Spiral Heart Attack
Up Special: Her angel wings appear and she flies up at an angle doing one of her fancy poses

Final Smash: I don't have anything specific in mind with this one, only that it needs to be one of those team attacks like the Dragon Quest Hero or Min-Min has where all her friends show up and do their special moves on you at once.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some alts, we may have already submitted some of these, I haven't checked the doc

1. Old Movie Sonic
  2. Pakistani McDonalds Sonic
  3. Sanic
  4. Simpsons Game Sonic
  5. Clown Mario
  6. Swimsuit Mario
  7. Mini Mario (Mario vs. DK)
  8. Mario Pissing
  9. Super Mario All-Stars Tuxedo Mario
  10. Crazy Cap Mario
  11. Classic Jumpman
  12. Mayro
  13. Wizard Mickey
  14. Roadster Racers Mickey
  15. Vintage Mickey Doll
  16. South Park Mickey
  17. Killer Bee Fireworks Sonic
  18. Classic Sonic
  19. Greg Martin Sonic

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Coming back into this, I'm just gonna past in the shorter/modified versions of Sailor Moon and Sonic movesets I've done in the past, as well as the ones from Oddball Oddball and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , and have a vote on which sounds better to most folks.

Special: Throws her tiara like a boomerang.
Foward Special: throws her scepter out in front of her a short distance where it spins around for a moment then has abig light explosion.
Down Special: She spins, kinda like this. Moon Spiral Heart Attack
Up Special: Her angel wings appear and she flies up at an angle doing one of her fancy poses

Final Smash: I don't have anything specific in mind with this one, only that it needs to be one of those team attacks like the Dragon Quest Hero or Min-Min has where all her friends show up and do their special moves on you at once.
(For this one, the team attack would probably replace one of my Supers and I'd keep two of the other ones.)

SPECIALS
Neutral: Moon Scepter Activation – Sailor Moon spins her scepter as a trail of white energy follows it. If you release the button, it will send forward a white circle of energy resembling a halo. If it hits an opponent, it will wrap around and stun the opponent before bursting into a small explosion that deals slight knockback. This short period of stun time will leave them open for another attack, but not for too long.
Up: Fly to the Moon – Sailor Moon spins as she thrusts her wand upward with a white glow surrounding her. She gains an extra, longer jump and a much slower falling speed after she uses this move, though she can’t use it twice in a row.
Forward: Moon Tiara Action – Sailor Moon’s tiara glows whitish-gold as she takes it off and throws it straight forward. It spins around and does a couple of hits if it comes in contact with an opponent, then comes back after travelling a mid-range distance, acting much like a boomerang. The individual hits themselves don’t do much damage, but this gives Sailor Moon extra range and a decent combo.
Down: Moon Twilight Flash – Sailor Moon’s tiara shines and a white prism of energy shoots out from her tiara directly. This prism is short ranged and only covers the top half of Sailor Moon’s body, but can deflect all projectiles and will knock away any enemies within range.

SUPERS
Lvl. 1: Sonic Cry – Sailor Moon kneels down on the ground and…cries? Well, it seems these cries are powerful, as they release powerful sonic waves in the air from both her left and right sides, deflecting projectiles and knocking opponents away. She will be stuck in this state for about 8 seconds before calming down and going back to normal, but she cannot move or attack during this time.
Lvl. 2: Rainbow Moon Heart Ache – Sailor Moon raises a staff into the air and charges it, and it eventually glows with pink energy right before Sailor Moon releases a spinning spiral of small pink energy “hearts” from it. The heart spiral travel straight forward and eventually merges into a single large heart that explodes shortly afterwards. It can do quick, light hits of damage as it travels, but obviously does the most damage as the single large heart.
Lvl. 3: Moon Gorgeous Meditation – The background goes dark as a moon appears in it. Sailor Moon then pulls out a much larger wand glowing with white energy, draws it back behind her, then thrusts it forward as it shoots out a long stream of spiraling white energy that resembles bits of shattered glass. This has a very long range and does a lot of damage and knockback, but it’s relatively thin compared to a lot of other beam supers.
SUPER SUPER: Silver Moon Crystal Eternal Power – Sailor Moon spins and, with a flash of energy, changes into the winged Eternal Sailor Moon before holding up a bejeweled pendant, floating up in the air. After she does this, a huge amount of energy crystals appear in the sky only to burst into multiple small energy explosions afterwards. Has a lot of good range and knockback, but is slightly random and isn’t sure to KO if it only hits once, but it’s more likely it will hit an opponent multiple times. After about 8 seconds of this, Sailor Moon will do another spin and flash, then change back to normal.

Neutral Special: Homing Attack. Acts same like in OG games and Smash.

Forward Special: Boost - Sonic does his boost move and Dashes straightforward. He can use this in Mid-Air and he has a boost meter taken from Games.

Up Special: Tornado Dash - Sonic jumps high and spins, creating Tornadoes that go into 4 directions.

Down Special: Spin Dash/Charge - Sonic does his Spin Charge around the opponents. When you move the Walking joystick, he does a Spin Dash like in his games.

Super Move 1: Friends' help - Sonic commands Tails to grab a foes and drop it in Air and Knuckles shows up and does a punch that sends opponent into Blast Zone.

Super Move 2: Super Sonic - Sonic turns into Super Sonic and he acts like in Brawl and SSB4, where you can control him.

Super Move 3: SEGA AGES Allstars - Sonic does a punch and sends foes into Cinematic Final Smash, where Sonic summons other SEGA characters like Harrier, NiGHTS or Alex Kidd to attack foes and after that, Sonic does a final blow with dropkick and KOes the foes, instantly ending his Super Move.

Specials
Neutral: Homing Attack
Retains most of its properties from Smash Ultimate.

Forward: Spin Dash/Drop Dash
On the ground, acts like a regular Spin Dash, can be charged for further distance and power. In the air, Sonic will curl into a ball and start hurtling towards the ground, though this can be angled. Once Sonic hits the ground, he can either go into a shorter version of the on ground Spin Dash, or he can use it to simply gain momentum for a quick burst of running. The Drop Dash version of the move is mostly inspired by Sonic Mania.

Up: Spring Jump
Remains basically unchanged from Smash Ultimate.

Down: Item Monitor
Rather than another Spin Dash or regular attack, a monitor appears underneath Sonic, sending him slightly upwards as he bounces back down in a ball to break it open. This initial hit can deal a slight bit of damage, but more importantly, this can give Sonic a number of enhancements, mostly shield-based, which can effect his status, as well as add a bit extra to some of his moves. Once a power-up is active, if it is a shield, you can’t use it while the shield is active, but if it is a different power-up, you simply can’t use it for about five seconds.

The power-ups are:
Normal Shield (Chance of appearance: 85%)
Allows one free hit to not damage you. The most basic Shield power-up.

Fire Shield (Chance of appearing: 75%
Allows one free hit to not damage Sonic, gives a fiery effect to physical attacks. Turns the Spin Dash/Drop Dash into Inferno Dash, where Sonic rushes forward as he turns into a fireball about the size of himself + the Fire Shield. Also dampens damage taken from fire-based attacks.

Bubble Shield (Chance of appearing: 75%)
Allows one free hit to not damage Sonic, can bounce projectiles or enemies simply running into you slightly backwards [no damage from it, though], and allows Sonic to traverse water safely. Also dampens damage taken from water/ice-based attacks.

Lightning Shield (Chance of appearing: 75%)
Allows one free hit to not damage Sonic, adds an electrical effect to physical attacks. Spin Dash/Drop Dash is replaced with Electric Orb, where Sonic kicks off his Lightning Shield, sending it flying forward as a large, electrical projectile for shocking effect.

10 Rings (Chance of appearing: 5%)
Heals Sonic for 10% damage. Nothing much else.

Dr. Robotnik Box (Chance of appearing: 5%)
Deals 5% damage and sends Sonic flying back slightly. This is somewhat risky.

Invincibility Stars (Chance of appearing: 1%)
Basically has the effects of the Invincibility Star item, with a different jingle from Sonic & Knuckles.

Supers
Level 1: Sonic & Tails
Tails flies through with the Tornado and Sonic gets on top of it while Tails speeds through, attacking people with the plane rotors as well as being able to shoot at foes.

Level 2: Sonic & Knuckles
Knuckles dashes in and does multi-hitting combos on foes, then finishes off by dropping a massive boulder down onto the stage, before laughing like he does in Sonic 3's intro, then flying off and leaving.

Level 3: Super Sonic
Remains mostly unchanged from Smash Ultimate

As well, I'll get to adding a lot of the recommended costumes into the costume doc.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll accept more votes for the movesets for a bit, but I'd also like to bring in the next job.

Job #29: Adventure Mode. Should it happen and how should it work?
Super Smash Bros. has had an Adventure Mode in two of its installments, with that being exactly what it was called in Melee, featuring longer form platforming stages than the regular VS battles. Then in the next installment, Brawl, they went a step further with the Subsapce Emissary, featuring a storyline with a lot of cutscenes of the characters interacting, which had you controlling specific characters at specific times, though it has been criticized for focusing more on original material than on further crossover elements. The next two games didn't have formal Adventure Modes of this kind, though some of their elements did make it in in some ways. If we did do an Adventure Mode, how should we go about it?

I think a combination of Melee’s Adventure Mode having various longer levels based on the series included, with the branching paths of Smash 3DS’s Classic Mode would work. In addition, we could have character interactions via intro/win quotes/dialogue boxes (we don’t have to type them all out), along with occasional boss fights. Has the crossover appeal, but we don’t have to make it as complicated as Subspace Emissary or as tedious as World of Light or, well, the Great Maze in Subspace Emissary.

I prefer mixture of Melee Adventure Mode and Subspace Emmisary, plus we could have a map like in World of Light, but it would be 3D Rendered world that would resemble a Multiverse, where you could explore worlds like Mario Universe or Miscellaneous Universes.

It would have Bosses and would have Cutscenes with Voice Acting to feel more Movie-like story mode.

Well, It should happen, since we could know, who connected the Multiverse or what's the point of Multiverse. Besides, having one Original Villain and others like Eggman as Bosses would be cool.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm going to just go ahead and add both of my Sonic and Sailor Moon movesets to the OP, though I'm going to replace one of the Sailor Moon supers with Oddball's idea of a team attack and use versions of Tankman from Newgrounds's Supers.

As for the Adventure Mode, I think the general consensus seems to be Melee's Adventure Mode, but with the character interaction/cutscenes/loose story elements like Brawl's Subspace Emissary, albeit some have brought up other elements. I'll add it to the OP fully if anyone has any more feedback on what additional elements should be added. An original boss for it all to bring everything together sounds fine, but it could be a later job in and of itself.

After all that, I'd also like to post a new character job shortly. 👍

AlRex

Smash Lord
You can still also discuss the Adventure Mode, as I'll add more to it if a consensus on what else could be added gets reached, but also...

If it's from a Marvel character, i will be very cheerful.
Not quite that specific, but you could potentially submit a character from or associated with Marvel...

Job #30: Submit a robot character.
Robot, cyborg, android, whatever counts under this. I think Darth Vader would count, but Pinocchio or Frankenstein’s Monster would not. Maybe AI/hologram stuff counts, as well, but that’s pretty loose. Iron Man (since Marvel was brought up) could loosely count, maybe. I dunno. Go ahead and post and I'll evaluate it on a case by case basis.

optimus-prime.png

My submission will be Optimus Prime, who was previously submitted. An alien who seems robotic and can turn into a truck. See what I mean by the classification for what counts as a robot (or that general category) being kind of complicated? Anyways, Optimus and the Transformers series as a whole are not only pretty important, but also included in numerous types of media. Optimus is arguably both a toy character, cartoon character, and comics character originally (to avoid confusion, I'll classify him under the first one), but also appears in a series of movies that, like them or not, are also heavily influential and successful. So Optimus obviously would have a wealth of material to pull from. The "transforming into a truck" thing alone makes him unique, but he'd also come equipped with a blaster and an energy axe, as well as, potentially, the Matrix of Leadership for use in combat.

Job 30:
Resubmitting Terminator:

Job 5:
Terminator (Terminator)

Terminator is main Character of Terminator Movie series. He is robot disguised as Human to kill Mother of evil ruler. He was programmed by SkyNet and in series, he kills evil people and mostly Sarah Connor, who is the mother of Evil Leader (The Main Antagonist of the series).
Terminator (Notably T-800) is very Iconic Movie character that has many influences and references in other media.

His moveset would be Referencing Terminator like shooting with Guns or Killing or gimmick, where he gets 100% Damage and becomes Robot with super Armor.
Plus, his one of Super Moves could reference his Army attacking the Opponents.
He could be voiced by original Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Austrian accent.
(I originally tried to submit Anime Mecha rep, but it was too big and I already had Terminator in my mind)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You can still also discuss the Adventure Mode, as I'll add more to it if a consensus on what else could be added gets reached, but also...

Not quite that specific, but you could potentially submit a character from or associated with Marvel...

Job #30: Submit a robot character.
Robot, cyborg, android, whatever counts under this. I think Darth Vader would count, but Pinocchio or Frankenstein’s Monster would not. Maybe AI/hologram stuff counts, as well, but that’s pretty loose. Iron Man (since Marvel was brought up) could loosely count, maybe. I dunno. Go ahead and post and I'll evaluate it on a case by case basis.

View attachment 342295
My submission will be Optimus Prime, who was previously submitted. An alien who seems robotic and can turn into a truck. See what I mean by the classification for what counts as a robot (or that general category) being kind of complicated? Anyways, Optimus and the Transformers series as a whole are not only pretty important, but also included in numerous types of media. Optimus is arguably both a toy character, cartoon character, and comics character originally (to avoid confusion, I'll classify him under the first one), but also appears in a series of movies that, like them or not, are also heavily influential and successful. So Optimus obviously would have a wealth of material to pull from. The "transforming into a truck" thing alone makes him unique, but he'd also come equipped with a blaster and an energy axe, as well as, potentially, the Matrix of Leadership for use in combat.
This is a bit more oddball, but...
Cyberman

First debuting in the 1966 serial The Tenth Planet of the British Sci-Fi Television series Doctor Who, the Cybermen are long running antagonists in the series who have a long and storied history with the franchise, being among The Doctor's main foes. The Cybermen are cyborgs, originally being humanlike creatures like us, who in an attempt to keep themselves alive on their dying home planet of Mondas, performed surgeries, lobotomies, and upgrades, eventually becoming almost purely robotic by nature. (This does fluctuate by origin. Some are purely robotic, others just have the suit forged around them, others have their brains stored inside a metal shell, and other just the head.) These creatures, dubbed Cybermen, have had all sorts of other alternative evolutions over the years, always coming back to attempt to continue their goal: Upgrade every being in the Universe to be like themselves, all as Cybermen, to do anything needed in order to survive. They are also well known for being emotionless, due to the pain of the things that made them the way they are now being too much, they used emotional inhibitors to inhibit their feelings, emotions, and sometimes personality and consciousness.

They are certainly worthy for inclusion, despite being a generic race of aliens from the show, due to their iconicity and status as a long time villain of such a long running show, and they certainly aren't generic stock robots either, having various abilities to make them dangerous.

The Cybermen have had various makes and models over the years, with their appearances constantly shifting. They've had several abilities depending on the model. Of course, the Cyberman here would likely have all of them in one regardless of make for simplicity's sake. Many carry laser blasters as a form of weapon, which come in varying forms, from a head laser, to external Cyberguns, to a simple wrist mounted shooter. The 2006 model has the ability to electrocute people with their hands (and to shoot tranquilizer darts, though only in The Pandorica Opens), whilst the 2012 model has the most alterations, including super speed, detachable body parts that can move on their own (Though the ability for the body to move without the brain is shown in 2010's The Pandorica Opens) and the ability to fly (though only in 2014's Death in Heaven). Cybermen as a whole notably have "the strength of ten men" as stated by older material such as 1968's The Moonbase. These models could also mind control people (as shown in Tomb of the Cybermen). Cyber Bombs are also shown as weapons of mass destruction, which they attempted to use to destroy Voga in 1975's Revenge of the Cybermen. Cybermats are a notable mainstay of Cyber technology, being small silverfish like creatures used by the Cybermen on several occasions. They kill by feeding off brainwaves, and one model could inject poison. Another model, seen in 2011's Closing Time, had a set of organic teeth that it could bite with. They also have an incredible small insect sized form called Cybermites, which could convert anyone on the fly, even the Doctor, which made their appearance in 2012's Nightmare in Silver. There is also the massive Cyberking, that once towered over and stomped over Victorian England in The Next Doctor.

As can be seen, the Cybermen have a lot they could use and work with. The Cybermen are a very fitting slot, despite their oddball nature compared to some other submissions.

Cybermat from "Closing Time"
Cybermat from Revenge of the Cybermen

Cybermen from "The Tenth Planet"
Design from "The Moonbase"-"Tomb of the Cybermen", inside their iconic tombs on the ice planet Telos.
The Cybermen from The Wheel in Space-Revenge of the Cybermen, in their iconic shot of them in front of St. Paul's Cathedral from "The Invasion"
The design used from 1984's Earthshock until their last appearance in the classic series, Silver Nemesis.
The 2006 Design used from Rise of the Cybermen-Nightmare in Silver is the image I used at the top of this submission.
The design used from "Nightmare in Silver"-"The Doctor Falls"
The design used from "Ascension of the Cybermen" onwards. Current design.
Notable Leaders
The Cyber Controller from "Tomb of the Cybermen"
The Cyber Controller from "Attack of the Cybermen"
The Cyber Controller, or John Lumic, from "Age of Steel"
The Cyberking from "The Next Doctor"
Ashad, a rusted and torn Cyberman who never got to finish conversion, attempting to revive the Cybermen in "The Haunting of Villa Diodati" who still retains some emotion, making him extremely dangerous.
Cyber Leaders
The Cyber Leader from Attack of the Cybermen onwards, indicated by black handlebars
The Cyber Leader design from "The Next Doctor" and "A Good Man Goes to War"

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
This is a bit more oddball, but...
Cyberman

First debuting in the 1966 serial The Tenth Planet of the British Sci-Fi Television series Doctor Who, the Cybermen are long running antagonists in the series who have a long and storied history with the franchise, being among The Doctor's main foes. The Cybermen are cyborgs, originally being humanlike creatures like us, who in an attempt to keep themselves alive on their dying home planet of Mondas, performed surgeries, lobotomies, and upgrades, eventually becoming almost purely robotic by nature. (This does fluctuate by origin. Some are purely robotic, others just have the suit forged around them, others have their brains stored inside a metal shell, and other just the head.) These creatures, dubbed Cybermen, have had all sorts of other alternative evolutions over the years, always coming back to attempt to continue their goal: Upgrade every being in the Universe to be like themselves, all as Cybermen, to do anything needed in order to survive. They are also well known for being emotionless, due to the pain of the things that made them the way they are now being too much, they used emotional inhibitors to inhibit their feelings, emotions, and sometimes personality and consciousness.

They are certainly worthy for inclusion, despite being a generic race of aliens from the show, due to their iconicity and status as a long time villain of such a long running show, and they certainly aren't generic stock robots either, having various abilities to make them dangerous.

The Cybermen have had various makes and models over the years, with their appearances constantly shifting. They've had several abilities depending on the model. Of course, the Cyberman here would likely have all of them in one regardless of make for simplicity's sake. Many carry laser blasters as a form of weapon, which come in varying forms, from a head laser, to external Cyberguns, to a simple wrist mounted shooter. The 2006 model has the ability to electrocute people with their hands (and to shoot tranquilizer darts, though only in The Pandorica Opens), whilst the 2012 model has the most alterations, including super speed, detachable body parts that can move on their own (Though the ability for the body to move without the brain is shown in 2010's The Pandorica Opens) and the ability to fly (though only in 2014's Death in Heaven). Cybermen as a whole notably have "the strength of ten men" as stated by older material such as 1968's The Moonbase. These models could also mind control people (as shown in Tomb of the Cybermen). Cyber Bombs are also shown as weapons of mass destruction, which they attempted to use to destroy Voga in 1975's Revenge of the Cybermen. Cybermats are a notable mainstay of Cyber technology, being small silverfish like creatures used by the Cybermen on several occasions. They kill by feeding off brainwaves, and one model could inject poison. Another model, seen in 2011's Closing Time, had a set of organic teeth that it could bite with. They also have an incredible small insect sized form called Cybermites, which could convert anyone on the fly, even the Doctor, which made their appearance in 2012's Nightmare in Silver. There is also the massive Cyberking, that once towered over and stomped over Victorian England in The Next Doctor.

As can be seen, the Cybermen have a lot they could use and work with. The Cybermen are a very fitting slot, despite their oddball nature compared to some other submissions.

Cybermat from "Closing Time"
Cybermat from Revenge of the Cybermen

Cybermen from "The Tenth Planet"
Design from "The Moonbase"-"Tomb of the Cybermen", inside their iconic tombs on the ice planet Telos.
The Cybermen from The Wheel in Space-Revenge of the Cybermen, in their iconic shot of them in front of St. Paul's Cathedral from "The Invasion"
The design used from 1984's Earthshock until their last appearance in the classic series, Silver Nemesis.
The 2006 Design used from Rise of the Cybermen-Nightmare in Silver is the image I used at the top of this submission.
The design used from "Nightmare in Silver"-"The Doctor Falls"
The design used from "Ascension of the Cybermen" onwards. Current design.
Notable Leaders
The Cyber Controller from "Tomb of the Cybermen"
The Cyber Controller from "Attack of the Cybermen"
The Cyber Controller, or John Lumic, from "Age of Steel"
The Cyberking from "The Next Doctor"
Ashad, a rusted and torn Cyberman who never got to finish conversion, attempting to revive the Cybermen in "The Haunting of Villa Diodati" who still retains some emotion, making him extremely dangerous.
Cyber Leaders
The Cyber Leader from Attack of the Cybermen onwards, indicated by black handlebars
The Cyber Leader design from "The Next Doctor" and "A Good Man Goes to War"
Well now I've got to ask: Would Daleks have counted for this job or are they still a lil too organic?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well now I've got to ask: Would Daleks have counted for this job or are they still a lil too organic?
I was considering going for the Daleks myself but I felt the Cybermen worked better in this format than the pepper pots. No idea if they'd count as robots or not, but if Iron Man can technically count than I think the Daleks would too.

D

Deleted member

Astro Boy
An iconic anime and manga character and someone who is often considered one of the forefathers of anime. An android who is created by a scientist after the death of his son. Astro Boy ended up in a robot circus before being saved by Professor Ochanomizu. Astro Boy then becomes a superhero, going on various adventures. Astro Boy is one of the most successful manga and anime franchises in the world and has numerous reimaginings to pull from.

Hoping someone submits Mega Man tbh. Heavily considered it but I found Astro to be a little more important to pop culture

Oddball

Smash Lord
Robby.jpeg

Robby the Robot

First appearing in the movie The Forbidden Planet, Robby became a classic sci-fi icon. Occasionally modified, he has made appearances in (among other things) The Wonder Woman TV show, Lost in Space, the Addams Family, several episodes of the Twilight Zone, and Looney Tunes Back in Action.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
RoboCop
8FA4A7D9-2BF0-4B75-9F64-2B7546A48334.png

RoboCop is a cyborg police officer that was created by Omni Consumer Products to serve the public trust, protect the innocent, and uphold the law. RoboCop was created with the remains of Detroit police officer, Alex Murphy, after he was brutally killed in the line of duty. RoboCop could use his different equipment like his iconic Auto-9, terminal strip, and jetpack. Robocop could also use his gun arm, which contains a 9mm machine gun, flamethrower, and a small missile launcher.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alright, seems like long enough, so here's the nominees for voting!
AlRex AlRex Optimus Prime (Transformers)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wall-E
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds The Terminator
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Cyberman (Doctor Who)
@Darkonedagger Astro Boy
Oddball Oddball Robby the Robot (The Forbidden Planet)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 RoboCop
nirvanafan nirvanafan Tom Servo & Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000)

My personal choices
1. Astro Boy
2. RoboCop
3. Tom Servo & Crow T. Robot
I almost put Optimus back on here, but wanted to throw MST3K a bone. Also put RoboCop over Terminator because I found his design and more consistent arsenal a tad more interesting.

Top Bottom