• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
If it's okay, I'll submit some more songs for the Others section:
  • Ninja Rap - TMNT 2
  • Exploded Diper (only because Greg was submitted earlier)
  • Pepsiman theme song
  • Invader/Death Battle theme - Jim Johnston
  • Super Street Fighter IV Character Select Theme (VS)
  • Super Street Fighter IV Character Select Theme (Arcade)
  • Megalovania
  • Central Highway - Mega Man X
  • X VS Zero theme
  • Hard Knock Life - Austin Powers in Goldmember
  • Ghostbusters theme song
  • Angry Video Game Nerd theme song
  • Party Tonight - Regular Show
  • Gotta Go Fast (forgot to submit this earlier)
  • Big Time Rush theme song
  • The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air theme song

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario stage: Figure-8 Circuit (Brawl)

For Mickey Mouse I would like to submit this: Fantasia - basically our FD. I made one extremely small change from the original post but that isn't too relevant.
Fantasia

If Magic Kingdom is the Battlefield, this is the FD. You fight on an enlarged version of the cliff where Mickey does his magic behind a night sky

Some notable visual effects and non-character cameos:
  1. Waves and splashes will rise up, not having any effect on gameplay but aesthetically getting pretty close to the foreground.
  2. When the match begins an orchestra can be seen preparing, they move out of view upon the countdown's end
  3. Bald Mountain can be seen in the distance, with Chernabog occasionally appearing in lightning clouds upon it
  4. The battle also has a river in the distance, you may see the ark Donald boards in Fantasia 2000 on occasion

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Cinderella's Castle
1638739274008.png

Literally the place where all Disney films starts (sans Marvel and Star Wars), The can be cameos of various cameos from characters of the Mickey Mouse universe (including Oswald), the Disney Animated Canon, Pixar movies, Roger Rabbit, Mary Poppins, and possibly characters from the animated tv shows.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #12: The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
1638738584919.png

Series: Mickey Mouse
Original Medium: Animation
Object Class: Thaumiel

The Mickey Mouse clubhouse is the star location of beloved TV show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and is Mickey Mouse's house, it'd be a stage with many different hazards and an uneven layout. Hazards include stuff like the Handy Helpers roaming the stage injuring those in it's way, Toddles provide bonuses, and the Glove Balloon can fly as a temporarily platform. The battle takes place on the giant Mickey symbol and the bottom blast zone is about where the top of the foot is.

Last edited:
Job 12:
Mushroom Kingdom (Mario)

Mushroom Kingdom is most Iconic Location in Mario Universe. Mushroom Kingdom is Peach's Kingdom, where Toads live and there are Mushrooms in this Kingdom.

It could have similar layout to Peach's Castle, but it has Super Mario Odyssesy design and there are Cameo places like Rosalina's Observatory, Bowser's Castle and even Moon Kingdom.
The Cameos are Peach, Luigi and others, who appears as Profiles like Cappy, Pauline, DK and even Foreman Spike!

Steamboat Willie (Mickey Mouse)

Steamboat Willie is one of Iconic Mickey Mouse locations and it's a Steamboat going through river.
The layout is like Battlefield mixed with Pirate Ship (LoZ), but Platforms are roofs of ship.
It has Modern Incarnation resembling Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse on Disney Plus and Modern Mickey Mouse shorts.
The Camoes are Mickey Mouse character like Minnie, Pete and others in Modern Incarnations.
There is little secret, where you do ⬅⬅⬆➡ Input, you get 1920's Incarnation, where everything is Black and White.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I feel like we should have some restrictions on music for the other section because at the moment people can pretty much just submit literally whatever they want for music and to me, that kind of defeats the collaborative purpose of creation threads. Like why do voting if people can just instantly add any series they want?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I just think this thread would be much better if there were some kind of rules about it so people can’t just add literally anything instantly.

AlRex

Smash Lord

Bowser’s Castle
Pretty much works as it does in Super Smash Flash 2.

The House of Mouse
66CB96E7-9393-4A95-BFFB-A4FB95ECD144.png

You fight on the stage, literally, which has walk-offs to the side. In the crowd, you’ll see various famous Disney characters cameo-ing, as well as seeing Disney cartoons showing on the screen behind you. Occasionally Goofy or a bunch of penguins will show up to serve the guests in the crowd.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mario Stage

Mushroom Kingdom (Same as it appears in smash)

Mickey Stage

Steamboat Willie (Fantasmic!)

This is the version of Steamboat Willie that appears in the Disney parks show, Fantasmic! This would be like corneria where the stage takes place over the length of the boat. Visually it starts by travelling through a black and white world. Before a spark of light appears and gives the whole world color and the ship is filled with dozens Disney characters that couldn't make the cut.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think we have a good amount of submissions, so I'll open it up for voting.

Mario stages
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch World 1-1
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Figure-8 Circuit
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mushroom Kingdom
AlRex AlRex Bowser’s Castle
@Darkonedagger Peach’s Castle
cashregister9 cashregister9 Mushroom Kingdom [Smash 64]

Mickey Mouse stages
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Fantasia
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Cinderella’s Castle
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Steamboat Willie
AlRex AlRex House of Mouse
cashregister9 cashregister9 Steamboat Willie (Fantasmic)

My votes
1. Mushroom Kingdom [Smash 64]
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Bowser's Castle

1. Cinderella's Castle
2. Steamboat Willie
3. The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I feel like we should have some restrictions on music for the other section because at the moment people can pretty much just submit literally whatever they want for music and to me, that kind of defeats the collaborative purpose of creation threads. Like why do voting if people can just instantly add any series they want?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I just think this thread would be much better if there were some kind of rules about it so people can’t just add literally anything instantly.
I can remove some of the Others songs I submitted if you want. I’ll admit that I may have gone overboard, but I don’t mind cutting the list down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mushroom Kingdom (64)
2. Peach's Castle
3. Bowser's Castle

1. Steamboat Willie
2. House of Mouse
3. Fantasia

Last edited by a moderator:
New Others Songs:
1. Moxxie's Bad Trip/Blitzo's Trip (Helluva Boss)
2. House of Asmodeus (Helluva Boss)
3. Despacito - Luis Fonci and Daddy Yankee
4. Running in 90's song
5. Scatman Medley (His Songs)
6. Dynamite - Taio Cruz
7. The Only Fear is You (Doom Eternal) (Change from section if Doom Guy gest added)
8. Friday Night Funkin' Medley (Weeks 1-7)
9. Axel F - Crazy Frog
10. Fly Away - Panty and Stocking (TeddyLoid)

New Mario Profiles:
1. Guy from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Commercial (You know this guy, who exploded due to eating too much in Commercial)
2. Fat Yoshi
3. Boshi
4. Starlow

D

Deleted member

New Others Songs:
1. Moxxie's Bad Trip/Blitzo's Trip (Helluva Boss)
2. House of Asmodeus (Helluva Boss)
3. Despacito - Luis Fonci and Daddy Yankee
4. Running in 90's song
5. Scatman Medley (His Songs)
6. Dynamite - Taio Cruz
7. The Only Fear is You (Doom Eternal) (Change from section if Doom Guy gest added)
8. Friday Night Funkin' Medley (Weeks 1-7)
9. Axel F - Crazy Frog
10. Fly Away - Panty and Stocking (TeddyLoid)

New Mario Profiles:
1. Guy from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Commercial (You know this guy, who exploded due to eating too much in Commercial)
2. Fat Yoshi
3. Boshi
4. Starlow
Aren't other songs on hold?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. World 1-1
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Figure 8 Circuit

1. Fantasia
2. Cinderella Castle
3. Steamboat Willie (Fantasmic)

I also want to add that I think even with others submissions closed we can still add a lot of popular songs since they can be pretty vaguely connected to series we got already, like we did with all the superman music lol

D

Deleted member

1. World 1-1
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Figure 8 Circuit

1. Fantasia
2. Cinderella Castle
3. Steamboat Willie (Fantasmic)

I also want to add that I think even with others submissions closed we can still add a lot of popular songs since they can be pretty vaguely connected to series we got already, like we did with all the superman music lol
Thinking about it I think this is the best way to go. Stuff that doesn't have a potential character attached to it.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I feel like it's been long enough, but even then, we have a tie!
Mushroom Kingdom [64]: 9
Mushroom Kingdom: 11
Bowser's Castle: 9
World 1-1: 13
Peach's Castle: 13
Figure-8-Circuit: 5

Cinderella's Castle: 8
Steamboat Willie: 14
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: 5
House of Mouse: 13
Fantasia: 13
Steamboat Willie (Fantasmic): 6

I'll add both World 1-1 and Peach's Castle in a bit, as well as the very narrowly getting in Steamboat Willie! Congrats to Butters Stotch Butters Stotch , @Darkonedagger, and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

Now for...
Job #13: Submit any Assist ideas.
This is intentionally open-ended. They can be from series already represented or from anything else, and they can serve whatever function you feel like. Try not to deconfirm too many big names with this, though if they seem too reliant on a particular thing that'd work better here, I guess so. I dunno how to fully quantify that.

My submission here will be this little fellow, since I'm in a Christmas-ish mood.
Rudolph_The_Red-Nosed_Reindeer.png

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
He has a very shiny nose, and if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows. What he does is fly around the stage, lighting up his nose from time to time, which, in close range, can briefly stun foes, sometimes even sending them into freefall in mid-air. This leaves foes open for follow-up attacks from whoever summoned him.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Assist: Scooby-Doo Gang

The 5 members of Mystery Inc. will walk in front of the battlefield from one of 8 directions, damaging anyone behind them. They will "split up" one by one, and after the run where all are seperate (the 5th run more specifically) the Mystery Machine will drive in from left to right, dealing a LOT of damage.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
JOB #13: Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
135432562423341.png

He will fall of from the stage and causes damage (and also make the fighters stuck on the ground). He will have a pain on his leg; but if you do a tilt attack while being on that estate, he engages a chicken fight that causes destruction through all the stage.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I’ll allow Music submissions for a series to go up to 100, as well, but remember that for now, Other songs are on hold, and that’ll be handled differently, and we’ll probably have some of those grouped on what stage they’re on, or some menu songs, perhaps. If you want, also submit some more assist ideas if you haven’t already.

JOB 13:
Angry Birds (Angry Birds)

Angry Birds are Characters, who are Birds and they get launched by player to attack Fortified Pigs. The Birds are Red, Chuck, Bomb, Matilda, Silver, Blues, Hal, Terrance and Might Eagle. They're very iconic Characters debuted on Mobile phones and they don't do anything except being launched by player into air.

When Summoned, they appear off-screen, but they get launched by someone into air with random birds that kill opponents. They can't be KOed.
List of Birds:
  • Red (Deals normal Damage)
  • Chuck (Deals smaller damage, but goes faster)
  • Bomb (Deals huge damage with explosion effect)
  • Matilda (Deals small damage, but drops eggs on Players)
  • Silver (Deals great Damage, but it spike opponents when aimed at them and drop dashes with great force)
  • Blues (Gives smallest damage, but it becomes triple and it can spread the most through stage, which you can't dodge it too much)
  • Hal (Deals double damage and it is a boomerang Projectile)
  • Terrance (2nd Slowest, but it gives an earthshake effect when lands)
  • Mighty Eagle (The Slowest, but the Strongest)
New Mario Profiles:
1. Link (LoZ) (Can change from section if he was Added)
2. Olimar and Pikmin (Changes the Section if Olimar Gets added)
2. Fox McCloud and Team Star Fox (If Fox gets in, it changes section)
3. Andross (Star Fox 64) (Changes Section if Fox gets in)
4. Balloon Fighter
5. Mach Rider
6. Diskun (I picked him, because he has Relation to ROB)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think it has been long enough that I can declare the winner. Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and the Angry Birds!

Job #14: Discuss Kermit the Frog and Darth Vader’s movesets.
Pretty much, what should be included for their moves. I'll eventually assemble it all later into a full moveset for the OP and credit folks for it later.
Kermit is a tricky sort of character in regards to putting together a coherent moveset. I know he tosses paper airplanes in the Game Boy Color Muppets game, which makes for a unique projectile I can already think of multiple properties for. In that game, he also has a super jump ability, which somewhat befits a frog. He goes on a raft in the NES sports game. In one 3D outing, Kermit becomes a hulking FrankenKermit, and there’s a GBA game about Spy Muppets.
———
Kermit has generally been both a pacifist and an actor in multiple roles, only really throwing down if he has to, and only getting frustrated sometimes, not really violent. That said, Muppets in Space does give him gadgets like invisibility spray and instantly appearing doors, which could be utilized interestingly. Kermit also has vehicles like a bicycle and the Studebaker, and a banjo and a log he sits on, as well as “the Rainbow Connection”. Could these become combat applicable? Who knows?

Something I generally have in mind for Kermit is that he kind of moves around with slight ragdoll physics. Like he could literally fling himself at foes, have floppy and disjointed punches and kicks, that kind of stuff. Maybe this general nature would be key to figuring out his overall play style and what specials would fit him best.
———
Darth Vader, on the other hand, seems like more of a no-brainer. His appearance in Soul Calibur IV, or even Masters of Teras Kasi, give an idea that he should be a strong, intimidating, deliberate sword-fighter, with the requisite use of Force powers, of course.

In terms of what Force powers he should use, Vader seemed to excel at manipulating his surroundings and eventually cornering foes, so we could orient around that. He could even borrow slightly from Kylo Ren in stopping and throwing back projectiles, or other items thrown his way, for that matter. There’s also the infamous Force Choke. Although I don’t really want to think much about Kermit the Frog or Mickey Mouse choking, it’s a famous move of Vader’s. His grab and throws would also probably involve a lot of long range use of the Force, as well, flinging his hapless foes around.

The main drawback of Darth Vader would probably be that, physically, he moves slow and not too gracefully, but, with the aid of the Force and his lightsaber, that should just mean that he hits that much harder to make up for it. So he’s a slow, heavy sword-user with a lot of ranged Force attacks. And the Force is basically magic. So he’s what Ganondorf should probably have been. Go figure.

Supers…my ideas are Stormtroopers, then the TIE Fighter, then the Death Star, straight-up. Although maybe others would prefer him to more straightforwardly use big Force moves.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel Kermit's "yaaay" cheer could make a good up tilt.

One idea I had a long time ago for a Kermit ability is being able to summon Jim Henson's hand from his oppening like Bayonetta's side smash - it's a ridiculous meme of an idea and in any other thread I wouldn't bring it up, but this is the thread where Crank Dat Soulja Boy is listed as a Superman song so I may as well.

also how will we classify crank dat if robocop gets addef

Last edited:
I have ideas for Kermit's Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Guitar Blast - Kermit grabs his Guitar and shoots a note that passes through opponent with normal damage.
Side Special: Bicycle Ride - Kermit Dashes on his Bicycle at short distance and bumps at opponent with great damage. You can charge his attack to go further.
Up Special: - Sam the Eagle
- Kermit summons Sam to fly upwards and glide like Steve's. The Up special is equivalent to Steve's Up special.
Down Special - Animal -
Kermit summons Animal to counter enemy's attacks like Punches or Kicks with his biting. Deadly isn't it?

Top Bottom