• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlRex

Smash Lord
The Mario poll further up on page 3 still needs votes, currently we have a threeway tie of one vote on three options each. Also more ideas for Mickey's moveset, though we can probably get more back to that after I put up the voting options for book characters, so as to not muddle everything together. If not, I may just default to my original Mario super idea + a mix of two deviantArt movesets for Mickey.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think I've finalized Mario and Mickey, unless anyone has any objections. Now for the vote on book characters.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Sherlock Holmes
@Darkonedagger Dracula
Yiptap Yiptap Greg Heffley (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Martin Brody (Jaws)
BonafideFella BonafideFella The Headless Horseman
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Velociraptor (Jurassic Park)
AlRex AlRex Miss Frizzle (The Magic School Bus)
nirvanafan nirvanafan Harry Potter

My personal votes
1. Dracula
2. Gandalf
3. Sherlock Holmes
There are a lot of good options here, though.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Dracula: 15
Gandalf: 8
Sherlock Holmes: 6
Harry Potter: 5
Greg Heffley: 3
Velociraptor: 2
Headless Horseman: 10
Martin Brody: 0
Miss Frizzle: 0

I think, just about, I can call this for Dracula now. Congrats, once again, to @Darkonedagger !

Now Dracula is pretty tricky. The book, the Universal Monsters series and its various permutations, Castlevania, Hotel Transylvania, Marvel, DC, etc. all paint a pretty different picture. I would say when submitting content related to him, mostly focus on things that have a primary focus on Dracula, either as the major protagonist or antagonist. You could maybe submit stuff related to Blade, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to start submitting every Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Defenders, etc. member. Moveset could be a mix of versions and his generally agreed upon powers, and, hypothetically, if we ever want to talk about alt. costumes, there's definitely a lot to work with.

Now for...
Job #11: Submit an item from any of the currently represented series.
We have no items yet! So we could submit an item, of any sort of kind, from Superman, Mickey Mouse, Dragon Ball, Mario, Muppets, Star Wars, or Dracula media. Depending on how this goes, we could end up with two added from this job, but we'll see.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Lightsaber (Star Wars)
Lightsaber,_silver_hilt,_blue_blade.png

These are pretty much the Beam Swords from Smash Bros., but now they are officially what they were referencing instead of being a cheap knock-off. They make the proper noises and everything.

Senzu_Bean.png

Senzu Bean (Dragon Ball)
A rare, highly-effective healing item. These will heal at least 90% of damage, proportionally, and will rid you of any status ailments, as well. However, they're small and somewhat easy to miss, adding to them not being the easiest to get.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Dracula-related profiles I’ll add to the OP in a bit.
  1. Dracula (Fighter Profile)
  2. Renfield
  3. Dracula’s Brides
  4. Van Helsing
  5. Mina Harker
  6. Frankenstein’s Monster
  7. Dr. Frankenstein
  8. Igor
  9. Bride of Frankenstein
  10. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  11. Rick O’Connell [Yes, indeed, Brendan Fraser]
  12. Larry Talbot (The Wolfman)
  13. Gillman (The Creature from the Black Lagoon)
  14. The Phantom of the Opera
  15. The Invisible Man
  16. The Belmont Clan
  17. Alucard (Castlevania)
  18. The Grim Reaper
  19. Count Orlock [AKA Nosferatu]
  20. Blade
  21. Blacula
  22. Count Chocula, FrankenBerry, and Boo Berry [because I can]

Last edited:
Job 11:
Super Mushroom (Mario)

It acts like in Smash, which you grow higher and you become more heavier.

Kryptonite (Superman)

The item could make anyone weaker when thrown at someone, like it could make Superman weaker and unable to fight for seconds.This item can weaken you by accident when you do misinput for throwing Kryptonite at Someone.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Dracula Music
  1. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
  2. Opening - Dracula (1931)
  3. Bram Stroker's Dracula Theme
  4. Vampire Killer - Castlevania
  5. Bloody Tears - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  6. Beginning - Castlevania III
  7. The Theme of Simon Belmont - Super Castlevania IV
  8. Dracula's Castle - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  9. Blood Rave - Blade
  10. The Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett
  11. Frankenstein (1931) Theme
  12. Frankenstein (1994) Theme
  13. Imhotep - The Mummy (1999)
  14. The Wolfman (1941) Theme
  15. Main Title - The Creature from the Black Lagoon
  16. The Phantom of the Opera
  17. Main Title - The Invisible Man (1933)
  18. Dragula - Rob Zombie

AlRex

Smash Lord

Oddball

Smash Lord
Thinking up costumes for Dracula, I was trying to come up with designs that weren't just "guy in a black suit" looks where you can tell who you're playing ata glance and won't get confused when the action sets in.

Here's what I came up with. Granted, some of these are a bit obscure.
Dracula Bela Lugosi photo courtesy of Terry Salomonson.jpg
I wants the blacks on him to be slightly faded, giving him a more black and white movie feel.)
Christopher Lee.jpg His blacks are blacker, his skin more skin toned, and a bright red lining will help seperate him from Bela
Marvels dracula.jpg Done in a comicbook styled vibrant blue color.
gary.jpg Although I'd still want to add a cape to it. Dracula just needs a cape
littlke drac.jpg The bright green skin, purple highlights and yellow cape are original, although he should probabaly have the same human proportions as the others
ghostbusters toy.jpg Still easily identifiable as Dracula, but the blue suit and light blue skin set him apart from the rest
tomb of dracula 1.jpg leather pants, no shirt, long hair, this is by far a more punk Dracula than the others. I'd also add a ragged torn up cape thrown across his shoulders like Tetsuo in Akira.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel that instead of Blacula, we should use Billy and Mandy's Dracula - heavily inspired by Blacula, but more recent and therefore easily recognisable to the teen-to-young adult audience that generally plays games like this (even if less historically significant) - also more distinct with his grey hair; red cape; and cartoonish art style

Disregard this, I feel this is a bad idea with a bit of hindsight as Blacula is a more important part of the overall Dracula film canon than B&M.

For a Mario alt submission, may I suggest the Mario 3 version of Fire Mario? That's one of the alts I'm surprised Smash has never done

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Added a lot of the costumes suggested here, as well as a few new ones to that doc.

I suppose we’ll also have a vote for items now:
AlRex AlRex Lightsaber (Star Wars)
AlRex AlRex Senzu Bean (Dragon Ball)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Super Mushroom (Mario)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Kryptonite (Superman)

Vote for 2 of these. I think only one will be chosen for now due to the small amount of submissions.

My personal votes
1. Kryptonite
2. Lightsabers

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
For the profiles and a few songs for the other section
Mickey Mouse
Morty and Ferdie Fiddlemouse
Mortimer Mouse
April May and June Duck

Kermit
Sinclair Family (Dinosaurs)
Sam (Sam and Friends)

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel (DC)/Shazam

Others
U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
Levan Polka - Hatsune Miku cover
Tetris Medley (Type A, Type B, Type C (All from the Game Boy version), and Type A (NES)) - Tetris
Avengers Suite [Note: Changing it from section after a Marvel character is added]

And finally, the inside of the Death Star (to be more specific, the section where Luke fought Vader) as DV home stage, and Godzilla as a stage

My Turn for Others songs:
1. Tech9ine - Face Off (With Guests like The Rock)
2. Robot Rock - Daft Punk
3. Minecraft Medley (Change into Minecraft section if Steve gets added)
4. SEGA Arcade Medley (Space Harrier, OutRun, Hang-On and Fantasy Zone) (Changes the section if SEGA Arcade rep gets added)
5. Bohemian Rhapsody - The Queen
6. Endless Handbag - Newgrounds Theme (1998)
7. Dragostea Din Tei - O-zone

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Stages will be their own jobs, and for now, Batman, Wonder Woman and possibly Shazam are going to be saved for potential later additions to the roster. Other than that, everything seems good here and I’ll add it soon.
Thanks amigo, now for the skins: Nintendo 64 Superman, Hotel Transylvania Dracula, and Sam & Friends Kermit

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I have the feeling Sonic will get in, so I'll submit some songs for Others section:
1. Green Hill Zone
2. Death Egg Robot (Generations version)
3. Big Arm (Generations version)
4. Ice Cap Zone
5. Open Your Heart
6. Live and Learn
7. City Escape
8. Supporting Me... for the Biolizard
9. Seaside Hill
10. What I'm Made Of
11. All Hail Shadow (Shadow/06 mashup)
12. Who I Am (scrapped song)
13. Solaris Phase 2/His World (Zebrahead) mashup
14. Aquatic Base
15. Race to Win
16. Un-Gravitify (original/Crush 40 mashup)
17. Catch Me If You Can (Crush 40)
18. Perfect Dark Gaia/Endless Possibilities mashup
19. Egg Dragoon
20. Reach for the Stars/Nega Egg Wisp Armor 2 mashup
21. Sweet Mountain
22. Windy Hill Zone
23. Fist Bump
24. Moonlight Battlefield

AlRex

Smash Lord
I could not forgot good old Soulja Boy.
I think the way things are currently trending will remain steady, here are the votes as of now:
Lightsaber: 14
Kryptonite: 2
Mushroom: 6
Senzu Bean: 1
So I think, for now, the Lightsaber and the Super Mushroom will be added in a bit. Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , as well.

As for Sonic, I’ll probably save all of his songs for later and if/when he gets added. For now…

Job #12: Submit a stage for Mickey Mouse and/or Mario.
For Mickey: anything from his cartoons, comics, or other media is eligible. Theme park locations could be, as well, provided they aren’t specifically tied to another, very different series. The Electrical Parade, perhaps, but Star Tours or even Pirates of the Caribbean? Probably not. For Mario: anything from his games, or outside Mario-based media is eligible. Probably hold off on spin-offs like Donkey Kong or Wario for this, and it goes without saying Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon, etc. aren’t eligible here either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom