• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash [Rebooted Thread]

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Officer Lockstock and Little Sally (Urinetown) (Trust me the play is better than it sounds)
Officer Lockstock and Little Sally are a pair of characters from the Tony Award Winning Play Urinetown. In the play itself, Officer Lockstock is a police officer who attempts to arrest people found to be breaking the law via peeing in places other than the corporate owned "Public Amenities". Little Sally is a young street urchin who constantly clings to a teddy bear, often asking for more pennies to pay the fees needed to access a "Public Amenity". She is smarter than she looks, and constantly outwits Officer Lockstock despite her young age. They act as the main narrators of the play, often having segments where Lockstock and Little Sally break the fourth wall by commenting on various aspects of the musical that seem nonsensical or peculiar in a parody of the traditional formula. The two in game would probably act similarly, commenting on the gameplay itself whilst occasionally making a fourth wall breaking joke.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close voting.

The Grinch: 16
Reaper: 3
Krillin: 1
Boba Fett: 3 (Sorry Dan Quixote Dan Quixote forgot to put your assist with the other assist names beyond a quote by accident)
Captain America: 14
Tails: 17

Tails and The Grinch will be added as assists so congrats to me and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Now, for the next job:

Job 73:

Add a video game narrator/announcer as an announcer to Pop Culture Clash. Get submitting!

For me, I will be submitting Xander Mobus (The Smash Bros announcer for Smash 4 and Ultimate)

View attachment 357921

I feel we definitely need a Smash announcer in a pop culture platform fighter as Smash has been a big part of video game crossovers for many years. Xander Mobus has done two Smash games straight so he would be the perfect choice.
Ikach: Pikachu (Pikachu)

Pika pika chu chu pika chupika. "Pikachu" pikachu kach pik. "Pika pika!" ka "pika pika!" ch ch chu "Chu Chu!" Pikach pi.
Job 73:Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)

Shao Kahn is the final boss from Mortal Kombat series,and also he's the announcer from every game. i think that Shao Kahn is a perfect announcer,since Freddy Krueger, Xenomorph and Robocop are on Mortal Kombat games
View attachment 357945
Tim Kitzrow...who is he? Well, he'd be most known for being the announcer for NBA Jam. I always imagined that he's already sort of in the game, given the "PCC Jam" mini-game, but adding him as a full-on announcer for the game would be fun and, if this were a real game, somewhat practical given he's already around.
Job 73: Video Game Annoucner: Game(There is no game)

One of the more popular games on CoolMathGames, There is no Game is about a program trying to convince its user(You) that there is indeed no game. It eventually got a full "game" in There is no Game: Wrong Dimensions.
Eh don't worry about it, doesn't look like he would have won anyway with the total blowout by that top two.

Job #73: Sean Bean

View attachment 357975

Not only does Sean Bean's voice lend itself well to the grandiosity of Sid Meier's Civilization VI, he's a famous enough voice to be seen as a reference to plenty of things at once should his voice grace this clash!
Video game narrator submission:
Jamieson Price (Street Fighter IV)
View attachment 357974
Jamieson Price is an american voice actor, who was an announcer for Street Fighter IV and other versions of it. He was also voice actor for other games like Persona 5 for example.

I chose him, because we need some Street Fighter representation in game and he could also make sense as video game announcer.
(Maybe he would also use lines from Street Fighter IV as an announcer I think)

(I considered Josh Keller (Tekken announcer) as my submission, but I felt that Street Fighter announcer would make more sense in game like Jamieson Price.)

Jeff Steitzer

The famous halo announcer and the orign source of many a meme

Wario
I think he could have a lot of funny lines and insults
Video game announcer: Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
He would talk about other fighters with his support team and learn about them.
Similar to Smash Bros Brawl.
Alright, submission time is up! Sorry about the wait everyone but vote for your top 3 announcers! You can only put your own submission in second or third. The top 2 will be added. Sorry Pokelego999 Pokelego999 but I will not be including your submission as the announcers have to had originated from a video game.

Xander Mobus (Super Smash Bros) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ikach: Pikachu (Pokémon) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam) AlRex AlRex
Video Game Announcer (CoolMath Games) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Sean Bean (Sid Meier's Civilization VI) Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
Jamieson Pierce (Street Fighter IV) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Jeff Steizer (HALO) @Darkonedagger
Wario (Super Mario) Otoad64 Otoad64
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap

1. Tim Kitzrow
2. Xander Mobus
3. Jeff Steizer

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, submission time is up! Sorry about the wait everyone but vote for your top 3 announcers! You can only put your own submission in second or third. The top 2 will be added. Sorry Pokelego999 Pokelego999 but I will not be including your submission as the announcers have to had originated from a video game.

Xander Mobus (Super Smash Bros) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ikach: Pikachu (Pokémon) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam) AlRex AlRex
Sean Bean (Sid Meier's Civilization VI) Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
Jamieson Pierce (Street Fighter IV) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Jeff Steizer (HALO) @Darkonedagger
Wario (Super Mario) Otoad64 Otoad64
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap

1. Tim Kitzrow
2. Xander Mobus
3. Jeff Steizer
Ah my apologies, I misread the original description. 😅
But yeah, my votes
1. Xander Mobus
2. Solid Snake
3. Wario

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Here are the results:

Xander Mobus: 23
Pikachu: 0
Shao Kahn: 9
Tim Kitzrow: 7
Video Game Announcer: 2
Sean Bean: 0
Jamieson Pierce: 2
Jeff Steizer: 5
Wario: 6
Solid Snake: 3

It looks like Xander Mobus ands Shao Kahn will be the next two announcers added so congrats to me and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

Now, for the next job:

Job 74:

Submit a
Pokémon for a Pokeball or any creature for the Pokeballs. Get submitting!

My submission:

Charizard (Pokémon)

Pokémon_Charizard_art.png

One of the most iconic Pokémon besides Pikachu. He will function the same way he did as a Pokeball Pokémon back when he was a Pokeball summon in Super Smash Bros and Super Smash Bros Melee.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job 74:

Submit a
Pokémon Name: Wobbuffet
Pokédex Number: #202
Pokémon Generation: Gen II

Wobbuffet is probably one of the more well-known Gen II Pokémon, in prime due to a Wobbuffet being a commonly seen part of Team Rocket's... uh, team in the anime. I'd like to imagine they'd function a little like a punching bag, but they'd swing right back with equal power and knockback - essentially, if you don't bother Wobbuffet, they don't bother you! However, if you were to happen to have two fighters on either side of the Pokémon, perfectly timing the attacks, you could easily build up Wobbuffet's power in a sort of tennis game... albeit probably the riskiest tennis game of all time.

Job 74:
Lucario (Pokemon gen 4)
Lucario is a pokemon from Generation 4 and he is based on Anubis. He is one of most know Gen 4 pokemon of all time and he even made an appearance in Smash bros games like B rwal for example.
He is an evolution to Riolu.

When summoned via Pokeball, he would use close combat on opponent. When he's damaged by some attacks, he would use his Aura Sphere attack at opponent.

I think he would make sense in the game, considering that many people know about him.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
if any critter is possible then:
Milo the Dog (The Mask)

He will be in it's masked form, and he will bite to the enemies. But is the one that summons attacks him, he will create a cloud fo fight.

Last edited:

homdertalia

Smash Cadet

Here are the results:

It looks like Xander Mobus ands Shao Kahn will be the next two announcers added so congrats to me and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

Now, for the next job:

Job 74:

Submit a

My submission:

Charizard (Pokémon)

View attachment 358548

One of the most iconic Pokémon besides Pikachu. He will function the same way he did as a Pokeball Pokémon back when he was a Pokeball summon in Super Smash Bros and Super Smash Bros Melee.
My creature submission is...

THE JOKER DRAGON
(DC Comics)
This disturbing creature is exactly what it sounds like. It's part-dragon, part-Joker, all terror. The Joker Dragon would appear behind the stage and begin breathing fire on the stage. It would then swoop across the stage 3 times before cackling and then flying away.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Metagross
1660661154998.png

Uses Meteor Mash upon being summoned. It would charge up the punch, and then lunge itself straight towards the nearest opponent. It would keep going till it hits a ledge or the blast zone. If it either hits someone with Meteor Mash or the former occurs, it will despawn. The Meteor Mash itself will deal heavy damage if it hits, but the attack is rather predictable, thus it's not the hardest thing to avoid in the world.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Here are the results:

Now, for the next job:

Job 74:

Submit a

My submission:

Charizard (Pokémon)

View attachment 358548

Pokémon Name: Wobbuffet
Pokédex Number: #202
Pokémon Generation: Gen II

Wobbuffet is probably one of the more well-known Gen II Pokémon, in prime due to a Wobbuffet being a commonly seen part of Team Rocket's... uh, team in the anime. I'd like to imagine they'd function a little like a punching bag, but they'd swing right back with equal power and knockback - essentially, if you don't bother Wobbuffet, they don't bother you! However, if you were to happen to have two fighters on either side of the Pokémon, perfectly timing the attacks, you could easily build up Wobbuffet's power in a sort of tennis game... albeit probably the riskiest tennis game of all time.
Job 74:
Lucario (Pokemon gen 4)
Lucario is a pokemon from Generation 4 and he is based on Anubis. He is one of most know Gen 4 pokemon of all time and he even made an appearance in Smash bros games like B rwal for example.
He is an evolution to Riolu.

When summoned via Pokeball, he would use close combat on opponent. When he's damaged by some attacks, he would use his Aura Sphere attack at opponent.

I think he would make sense in the game, considering that many people know about him.
Shoe (South Park)
View attachment 358598
This is definitely a Pokémon. Shoe will either just sit there and be an item you can throw at people, or it will have a very small chance of starting to stomp around like a Kuribo Shoe from Super Mario Bros. 3.
if any critter is possible then:
Milo the Dog (The Mask)

He will be in it's masked form, and he will bite to the enemies. But is the one that summons attacks him, he will create a cloud fo fight.
My creature submission is...

THE JOKER DRAGON
(DC Comics)
This disturbing creature is exactly what it sounds like. It's part-dragon, part-Joker, all terror. The Joker Dragon would appear behind the stage and begin breathing fire on the stage. It would then swoop across the stage 3 times before cackling and then flying away.
Pokeball Creature: Chompy(Skylanders: Trap Team)

I decided to go for Skylanders Trap Team due to a similar creature catching idea as Pokemon. When Chompy is summoned, it'll go around and bite opponents. However, like the games, he has 1 hp so he'll be instantly knocked out with any attack

Demogorgan

When summoned, it will attack, attempting to gobble up the fighters.
Metagross
View attachment 358779

Uses Meteor Mash upon being summoned. It would charge up the punch, and then lunge itself straight towards the nearest opponent. It would keep going till it hits a ledge or the blast zone. If it either hits someone with Meteor Mash or the former occurs, it will despawn. The Meteor Mash itself will deal heavy damage if it hits, but the attack is rather predictable, thus it's not the hardest thing to avoid in the world.
Alright, I will close this job. Time to vote. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own submission in second or third. The top three Pokémon will get in!

Charizard (Pokémon) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Wobbuffet (Pokémon) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Lucario (Pokémon) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Shoe (South Park) AlRex AlRex
Milo the Dog (The Mask) HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
The Joker Dragon (DC Comics) homdertalia homdertalia
Chompy (Skylanders) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Demogorgon (Stranger Things) @Darkonedagger
Metagross (Pokémon) Pokelego999 Pokelego999

1. Demogorgon
2. Charizard
3. Lucario

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, I will close this job. Time to vote. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own submission in second or third. The top three Pokémon will get in!

Charizard (Pokémon) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Wobbuffet (Pokémon) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Lucario (Pokémon) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Shoe (South Park) AlRex AlRex
Milo the Dog (The Mask) HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
The Joker Dragon (DC Comics) homdertalia homdertalia
Chompy (Skylanders) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Demogorgon (Stranger Things) @Darkonedagger
Metagross (Pokémon) Pokelego999 Pokelego999

1. Demogorgon
2. Charizard
3. Lucario
Charizard
Wobbuffet
Lucario

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, time to close voting. Here are the results!

Charizard: 23
Wobbuffet: 7
Lucario: 7
Shoe: 6
Milo the Dog: 1
The Joker Dragon: 3
Chompy: 2
Demogorgon: 13
Metagross: 4

By the results, Charizard, Demogorgon, Wobbuffet and Lucario will join the collection of Pokémon for Pop Culture Clash. Congrats to me, @Darkonedagger KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

3rd place was a tie so why not just add both to make it more fun?

Now, on to the next job which will be a newcomer job:

Job 75:

Submit a character who is not from the US, UK or Japan! Given the fact that the bulk of our fighters come from those three countries, let's give pop culture from other countries a chance to shine here! Explain a bit about your choice and why they should get in! Get submitting!

My submission:

The Mona Lisa (Italy)

Mona_Lisa,_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci,_from_C2RMF_retouched.jpg

One of the most famous paintings by Leonardo Da Vinci and one of the most iconic art pieces ever. Originally painted in Italy and now in display at the Louvre in France, it is a super iconic painting. Art is a big part of pop culture and Mona Lisa is the painting that is "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world" to quote Wikipedia. We do not have much females on the roster so she fits in perfectly.

Her moveset can include other paintings/works buy Da Vinci or even other famous artwork referenced in her moveset. A true masterpiece.

Non UK/US/Japan character submission:
Hercules (Greek Mythology)
1661004430352.png
Hercules is a mythological hero and son of god Jupiter and human Alcmena. He is known for his immense strengh and he fought many monsters. He is Greek equivalent of Heracles, a roman hero.

The Romans adapted the Greek hero's iconography and myths for their literature and art under the name Hercules. In later Western art and literature and in popular culture, Hercules is more commonly used than Heracles as the name of the hero. Hercules is a multifaceted figure with contradictory characteristics, which enabled later artists and writers to pick and choose how to represent him.

For his moveset, he could use stuff from Greek Mythology such as Zeus's thunder or Athena's shield. He could use his super strengh as his normal attacks (like punch for example).
He could be all-around character with no additional movement options.

I think it would be cool to have a character who originated from Mythology in this game, since he was portrayed as himself in media such as Disney's Hercules movie for example.
Also he counts for this job since he originated from Greece.

Last edited:
Top Bottom