• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash [Rebooted Thread]

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, the fighter poll for the other music fighter is in a tie. Vote on it so we can break a tie! Now, let's vote on the stages. The top 2 stages will be added. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own in second or third.

Bricksburg (The LEGO Movie/LEGO) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
742 Evergreen Terrance (The Simpsons) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
T.A.R.D.I.S (Doctor Who) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Daily Bugle Building (Spiderman) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Plastic Beach (Gorlliaz) @Darkonedagger
Shrek's House (Shrek) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Skaro (Doctor Who) Pokelego999 Pokelego999

1. 742 Evergreen Terrace (Too iconic of a setting.)
2. Shrek's House (Shrek is love, Shrek is life.)
3. T.A.R.D.I.S. (Too iconic as well.)
T.A.R.D.I.S
742 Everfreen Terrace
Bricksburg

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, voting is closed. Here are the results:

Bricksburg: 1
742 Evergreen Terrace: 18
T.A.R.D.I.S.: 8
Daily Bugle Building: 10
Plastic Beach: 1
Shrek's House: 10
Skaro: 6

Ok, so it seems we will have 3 stages added to this game! 742 Evergreen Terrace, Daily Bugle Building and Shrek's House will be added so congrats to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !

Also, the tie between The Beatles and Hatsune Miku has not been broken yet! We still have to yet to break it so say who you would rather have in your next submission for our next job which is coming up right now:

Job 72:

Submit an assist for a series with a playable fighter on the roster that does have an assist yet for their series. The series that do not have an assist yet are:

• Thimble Theatre/Popeye
  • Superman/DC Comics
  • Spider-Man/Marvel Comics
  • Disney/Mickey Mouse
  • The Simpsons
  • Dragon Ball
  • Super Mario
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • The Muppets
  • Dr. Who
  • Star Wars
  • Alien
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dracula
  • The Cat in The Hat/Dr. Seuss
  • Shrek
  • Christmas/Holidays
  • McDonald's
  • Transformers
  • LEGO
  • Gorillaz
Get submitting! The top two assists will be added!

My submission:

I will be resubmitting The Grinch:

The Grinch (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)

2BB4B0D9-9F23-4D04-BE50-EE5CD502DC60.png

Like in his home story, The Grinch can steal a fighter’s move or an item from the stage for a temporary time. Therefore, he can use the move for a short time and then she disappears.

Also, for our second music fighter, I would prefer Hatsune Miku since Vocaloid has become super popular in recent times and thus more of Japan represented outside of anime and video games.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 72: Reaper(Doctor Who)

Screenshot 2022-07-30 10.29.17 AM.png

Reapers are creatures who search for temporal paradoxes across the timeline to fix them. Unfortunately fixing timelines means devouring everything in the new timeline TVA style. When summoned, A reaper will home in on the opponent before landing on them, instantly K.Oing them if they took a high amount of damage.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
My vote will be for Hatsune Miku

Job 72:Krillin (Dragon Ball)

Krillin is a aupporting protagonist from Dragon Ball franchise, he is former Goku's rival,Android 18's husband and member from Z-warriors.

As an assist,krillin attacks throwing a floating disc of ki,similar as Super Smash Flash 2

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

Krillin is a aupporting protagonist from Dragon Ball franchise, he is former Goku's rival,Android 18's husband and member from Z-warriors.

As an assist,krillin attacks throwing a floating disc of ki,similar as Super Smash Flash 2
I've always been confused... Is it Krillin or is it really Kuririn?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Kinda nuts that there hasn't been a Star Wars assist yet, ngl.

Job #72: Boba Fett

1659200790678.png

Perhaps the most famous and enduring example of a minor character getting a cult following in film history, Boba Fett is fittingly quite the powerful assist. Using his jet pack, he will silently and coolly fly around the stage, periodically firing his gun at opponents who are not his summoner. The individual shots are not very powerful on their own, but his aim is true and they fly fast.

D

Deleted member

Miku. Beetles would be funny but Miku feels like she should be here

purepng.com-captain-americacaptain-americacaptainamericafictional-charactercomic-booksmarvel-c...png

Captian America

He could be playable but we have a marvel character and the competition for a second rep will be pretty tough. He'll throw his shield around.

I'll resubmit Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog again for this job.

Assist form represented series:
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

View attachment 350936
Miles "Tails" Prower is one of iconic Sonic characters and Sonic's trusty sidekick throughout the series. Nuff said about him, since you guys know him from the game. He is a young fox with two tails that allow him to fly.

His purpose?
When summoned, he would fly around the stage like in the games and summoner can use him as helicopter device to fly around the stage as he carries you. Also he could damage opponents in the air when used as assist character.
View attachment 350937
(Picture shows an example how the assist can work. Sonic = Summoner and Tails = Tails (Assist Card))
He can be KOed.

I think he makes sense as assist character in the game.

As for second Music character in this game, I prefer Hatsune Miku. Beatles could be suprising choice and more popular choice, but Miku could make more sense as she is a fictional character (Beatles can be parodied in this game, but I feel that we should stay to their original material).

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I am unsure because of them being real people. I’ll headcanon that they’re Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band if they do get in. Then again, I was gonna have a job for like one real person very late into the thread back when I was running it, but that was the exception, not the norm. Who knows?

And assist, yes, I’ll do one in a bit. Actually, Christmas did have one, with Rudolph, IIRC.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, voting is closed. Here are the results:

Bricksburg: 1
742 Evergreen Terrace: 18
T.A.R.D.I.S.: 8
Daily Bugle Building: 10
Plastic Beach: 1
Shrek's House: 10
Skaro: 6

Ok, so it seems we will have 3 stages added to this game! 742 Evergreen Terrace, Daily Bugle Building and Shrek's House will be added so congrats to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !

Also, the tie between The Beatles and Hatsune Miku has not been broken yet! We still have to yet to break it so say who you would rather have in your next submission for our next job which is coming up right now:

Job 72:

Submit an assist for a series with a playable fighter on the roster that does have an assist yet for their series. The series that do not have an assist yet are:

• Thimble Theatre/Popeye
  • Superman/DC Comics
  • Spider-Man/Marvel Comics
  • Disney/Mickey Mouse
  • The Simpsons
  • Dragon Ball
  • Super Mario
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • The Muppets
  • Dr. Who
  • Star Wars
  • Alien
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dracula
  • The Cat in The Hat/Dr. Seuss
  • Shrek
  • Christmas/Holidays
  • McDonald's
  • Transformers
  • LEGO
  • Gorillaz
Get submitting! The top two assists will be added!

My submission:

I will be resubmitting The Grinch:

The Grinch (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)

2BB4B0D9-9F23-4D04-BE50-EE5CD502DC60.png

Like in his home story, The Grinch can steal a fighter’s move or an item from the stage for a temporary time. Therefore, he can use the move for a short time and then she disappears.

Also, for our second music fighter, I would prefer Hatsune Miku since Vocaloid has become super popular in recent times and thus more of Japan represented outside of anime and video games.
Job 72: Reaper(Doctor Who)

View attachment 357588

Reapers are creatures who search for temporal paradoxes across the timeline to fix them. Unfortunately fixing timelines means devouring everything in the new timeline TVA style. When summoned, A reaper will home in on the opponent before landing on them, instantly K.Oing them if they took a high amount of damage.

Kinda nuts that there hasn't been a Star Wars assist yet, ngl.

Job #72: Boba Fett

View attachment 357593

Perhaps the most famous and enduring example of a minor character getting a cult following in film history, Boba Fett is fittingly quite the powerful assist. Using his jet pack, he will silently and coolly fly around the stage, periodically firing his gun at opponents who are not his summoner. The individual shots are not very powerful on their own, but his aim is true and they fly fast.
Miku. Beetles would be funny but Miku feels like she should be here

View attachment 357596
Captian America

He could be playable but we have a marvel character and the competition for a second rep will be pretty tough. He'll throw his shield around.
I'll resubmit Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog again for this job.

Assist form represented series:
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

View attachment 350936
Miles "Tails" Prower is one of iconic Sonic characters and Sonic's trusty sidekick throughout the series. Nuff said about him, since you guys know him from the game. He is a young fox with two tails that allow him to fly.

His purpose?
When summoned, he would fly around the stage like in the games and summoner can use him as helicopter device to fly around the stage as he carries you. Also he could damage opponents in the air when used as assist character.
View attachment 350937
(Picture shows an example how the assist can work. Sonic = Summoner and Tails = Tails (Assist Card))
He can be KOed.

I think he makes sense as assist character in the game.

As for second Music character in this game, I prefer Hatsune Miku. Beatles could be suprising choice and more popular choice, but Miku could make more sense as she is a fictional character (Beatles can be parodied in this game, but I feel that we should stay to their original material).
Alright, Miku will be joining the Pop Culture Clash roster as our 25th fighter! Now, time to vote for assists. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own in second or third. The top two assists will join the collection of assists.

The Grinch (How The Grinch Stole Christmas) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Reaper (Doctor Who) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Krillin (Dragon Ball) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Boba Fett (Star Wars) Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
Captain America (Marvel) @Darkonedagger
Tails (Sonic The Hedgehog) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

1. Captain America
2. The Grinch
3. Tails

All really good assists.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close voting.

The Grinch: 16
Reaper: 3
Krillin: 1
Boba Fett: 3 (Sorry Dan Quixote Dan Quixote forgot to put your assist with the other assist names beyond a quote by accident)
Captain America: 14
Tails: 17

Tails and The Grinch will be added as assists so congrats to me and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Now, for the next job:

Job 73:

Add a video game narrator/announcer as an announcer to Pop Culture Clash. Get submitting!

For me, I will be submitting Xander Mobus (The Smash Bros announcer for Smash 4 and Ultimate)

XPLIYwlL_400x400.jpeg

I feel we definitely need a Smash announcer in a pop culture platform fighter as Smash has been a big part of video game crossovers for many years. Xander Mobus has done two Smash games straight so he would be the perfect choice.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1659583320226.png

Tim Kitzrow...who is he? Well, he'd be most known for being the announcer for NBA Jam. I always imagined that he's already sort of in the game, given the "PCC Jam" mini-game, but adding him as a full-on announcer for the game would be fun and, if this were a real game, somewhat practical given he's already around.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 73: Video Game Annoucner: Game(There is no game)

One of the more popular games on CoolMathGames, There is no Game is about a program trying to convince its user(You) that there is indeed no game. It eventually got a full "game" in There is no Game: Wrong Dimensions.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Boba Fett: 3 (Sorry Dan Quixote Dan Quixote forgot to put your assist with the other assist names beyond a quote by accident)
Eh don't worry about it, doesn't look like he would have won anyway with the total blowout by that top two.

Job #73: Sean Bean

1659628278501.png

Not only does Sean Bean's voice lend itself well to the grandiosity of Sid Meier's Civilization VI, he's a famous enough voice to be seen as a reference to plenty of things at once should his voice grace this clash!

Video game narrator submission:
Jamieson Price (Street Fighter IV)
1659628167014.png
Jamieson Price is an american voice actor, who was an announcer for Street Fighter IV and other versions of it. He was also voice actor for other games like Persona 5 for example.

I chose him, because we need some Street Fighter representation in game and he could also make sense as video game announcer.
(Maybe he would also use lines from Street Fighter IV as an announcer I think)

(I considered Josh Keller (Tekken announcer) as my submission, but I felt that Street Fighter announcer would make more sense in game like Jamieson Price.)

Top Bottom