• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash [Rebooted Thread]

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
MTV Moon Person

I was thinking of submitting Beavis and Butthead for this as they'd technically be elegible given their origins commenting on music videos, but I know nothing about their show beyond "Fire! Fire!" and "hehe, he said ass" so I'll go with an easier to grasp character: the Moon Person of MTV fame. They'd fight using their flag, making them a makeshift spear user. We could also insert references to other MTV idents and programming, and maybe a tiny bit of Nickelodeon too.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
PaRappa The Rapper
1658541361096.png

From the well known videogame series, PaRappa the Rapper, is well, PaRappa the Rapper! For why we should include him, he could represent the Rythm Game Music Genre, and he's not crazy obscure or anything like you can write off a lot of other choices as. He could use a variety of elements from his home series as well, not just music related.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Parappa as our PlayStation rep would be pretty based, even though I expect Kratos will pop up later on. I’ll nominate my strange choice, though.

Iron Man (Black Sabbath)
1658544267934.jpeg
Not the Marvel character, although apparently he was also once a hero. As described in the song, he’s basically someone who travelled through time, got warped along the way, and came back as a mad metallic monstrosity terrorizing everyone. In that sense, his appearance and moves could be up to interpretation, with some basis in the song. If you want a render, I suppose you could just use knight’s armor or a generic robot, since this image just shows a head.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 70:Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku (or CV01,her official codemame) is a software voice bank developed by Crypton Future Media,she is a 16-years old girl with turquoise hair and an anthropomorphic Moe, Miku is virtual idol singer and the first Vocaloid developed by Crypton Future Media.

Hatsune Miku is very popular because of the internet,it made her an iconic character,but Miku have merchandise outside the internet as an official manga series named Maker Hikoshiki Hatsune Mix,various games as Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series and Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai,she made cameo appearences as Shinkansei Heken Robo Shinkalion,where Miku is a recurring character, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Dropkick on My Devil! as cameo character and Idolm@ster 2 and Persona 4:Dancing All Night as DLC character and also Miku has her own annual day called Miku Day,this day happens on March 9th.

Hatsune Miku's moveset would be she using a wireless microphone as weapon,also she can attacks with kicks,slaps and singing like some kind of power.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy stardust.jpg

Ziggy played guitar
Jamming good with Weird and Gilly
And The Spiders from Mars

Ziggy Stardust was created as an alien rock star who came to Earth to deliver a message of hope, who became worshipped as a messiah before eventually dying a victim of his own fame and excess.

The character Ziggy Stardust was created by David Bowie who adopted his persona for tours and other performances.

Daft Punk
Daft Punk is an electronic music duo originating from France and it consists of 2 artists, Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. They are responsible for creating the most influential electronic music and they became a cultural icon in France thanks to their sheer fame.
However, they broke up in 2021 and they ended their music career.

They are one of most iconic electronic music artists that could deserve a spot in PCC as playable fighters.

In this game, they could be stance fighters (like Pokemon Trainer or Pyra/Mythra for example) na dtheir moves could allude to their music and music videos.

Speaking of Daft Punk's similarities to Pyra/Mythra; Guy-Manuel could be faster, but weaker and Thomas could be stronger, but slower in terms of their stats.
They could have similar playstyle to Pyra/Mythra and they wouldn't have any additional movement options.

Also the Paris stage that I've submitted earlier or location from their music videos could be their home stage I guess.

I nominate them, because they created the most influential electronic music that took the world by storm and they could be fun fighters in PCC. Also they would be first stance fighters in the game.

I have question:
Is Daft Punk eligible for this job? I mean, they are real people, but they wear masks, which they hide their faces.

D

Deleted member

3067f6e0-f5a1-490f-8865-40f06b4b9a06.jpg

Murdoc (Gorillaz)
Gorillaz just make sense for a music representative for a game like this. They literally have their own characters with their own lore. 2-D may be the main member, but I think Murroc may be more interesting in a fighting game. He actually created the band in unverise. He'd use various references to their songs and music videos and various satanic based attacks. He would summon the other members.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry, time for the results:

Marvel: 16
Video Game: 15
Historical: 14
Disney: 15

My Marvel LEGO pack will be added so congrats to me! Now, time for a newcomer job!

Job 70:

Submit a character that originated from music. This can be a band mascot, a fictional band/singer persona, a
character from a song, etc. Anything from the world of music. Get submitting!

My submission:

The WIggles

View attachment 357137

One of the most popular children's bands from Australia. We do not have Australian pop culture represented that much so why not include the quarter of multi-colored skivvy men? They also would fill the niche for children's show as well as be a stance fighter involving music, The Big Red Car, their Wiggly friends including Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus. Maybe throw some fruit salad and hot potatoes in there and we'll be good. The perfect choice for a music rep here.
O.K. I'll change my submission to the Beatles
MTV Moon Person

I was thinking of submitting Beavis and Butthead for this as they'd technically be elegible given their origins commenting on music videos, but I know nothing about their show beyond "Fire! Fire!" and "hehe, he said ass" so I'll go with an easier to grasp character: the Moon Person of MTV fame. They'd fight using their flag, making them a makeshift spear user. We could also insert references to other MTV idents and programming, and maybe a tiny bit of Nickelodeon too.
PaRappa The Rapper
View attachment 357140

From the well known videogame series, PaRappa the Rapper, is well, PaRappa the Rapper! For why we should include him, he could represent the Rythm Game Music Genre, and he's not crazy obscure or anything like you can write off a lot of other choices as. He could use a variety of elements from his home series as well, not just music related.
Parappa as our PlayStation rep would be pretty based, even though I expect Kratos will pop up later on. I’ll nominate my strange choice, though.

Iron Man (Black Sabbath)
View attachment 357144Not the Marvel character, although apparently he was also once a hero. As described in the song, he’s basically someone who travelled through time, got warped along the way, and came back as a mad metallic monstrosity terrorizing everyone. In that sense, his appearance and moves could be up to interpretation, with some basis in the song. If you want a render, I suppose you could just use knight’s armor or a generic robot, since this image just shows a head.
Job 70:Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku (or CV01,her official codemame) is a software voice bank developed by Crypton Future Media,she is a 16-years old girl with turquoise hair and an anthropomorphic Moe, Miku is virtual idol singer and the first Vocaloid developed by Crypton Future Media.

Hatsune Miku is very popular because of the internet,it made her an iconic character,but Miku have merchandise outside the internet as an official manga series named Maker Hikoshiki Hatsune Mix,various games as Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series and Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai,she made cameo appearences as Shinkansei Heken Robo Shinkalion,where Miku is a recurring character, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Dropkick on My Devil! as cameo character and Idolm@ster 2 and Persona 4:Dancing All Night as DLC character and also Miku has her own annual day called Miku Day,this day happens on March 9th.

Hatsune Miku's moveset would be she using a wireless microphone as weapon,also she can attacks with kicks,slaps and singing like some kind of power.
Updating this.

The Guy (Disturbed)
View attachment 357145
Ziggy Stardust

View attachment 357147

Ziggy played guitar
Jamming good with Weird and Gilly
And The Spiders from Mars

Ziggy Stardust was created as an alien rock star who came to Earth to deliver a message of hope, who became worshipped as a messiah before eventually dying a victim of his own fame and excess.

The character Ziggy Stardust was created by David Bowie who adopted his persona for tours and other performances.
Daft Punk
Daft Punk is an electronic music duo originating from France and it consists of 2 artists, Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. They are responsible for creating the most influential electronic music and they became a cultural icon in France thanks to their sheer fame.
However, they broke up in 2021 and they ended their music career.

They are one of most iconic electronic music artists that could deserve a spot in PCC as playable fighters.

In this game, they could be stance fighters (like Pokemon Trainer or Pyra/Mythra for example) na dtheir moves could allude to their music and music videos.

Speaking of Daft Punk's similarities to Pyra/Mythra; Guy-Manuel could be faster, but weaker and Thomas could be stronger, but slower in terms of their stats.
They could have similar playstyle to Pyra/Mythra and they wouldn't have any additional movement options.

Also the Paris stage that I've submitted earlier or location from their music videos could be their home stage I guess.

I nominate them, because they created the most influential electronic music that took the world by storm and they could be fun fighters in PCC. Also they would be first stance fighters in the game.

I have question:
Is Daft Punk eligible for this job? I mean, they are real people, but they wear masks, which they hide their faces.
View attachment 357152
Murdoc (Gorillaz)
Gorillaz just make sense for a music representative for a game like this. They literally have their own characters with their own lore. 2-D may be the main member, but I think Murroc may be more interesting in a fighting game. He actually created the band in unverise. He'd use various references to their songs and music videos and various satanic based attacks. He would summon the other members.
I going to submit Alvin and the Chipmunks for this job.
A ton of submissions here. Wow, all really good ideas. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own in second or third. We'll do the top two for this job probably.

The Wiggles AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Beatles Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
MTV Moon Person (MTV) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
PaRappa the Rapper Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Iron Man (Black Sabbath) AlRex AlRex
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
The Guy (Disturbed) HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie) Oddball Oddball
Daft Punk Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Murdoc (Gorillaz) @Darkonedagger
Alvin And The Chipmunks Northsouthmap Northsouthmap

1. MTV Moon Person
2. The Wiggles
3. Hatsune Miku

AlRex

Smash Lord
Unsure how much the Beatles count as "not real people", fairly sure Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are still out there, at least, though I guess his legal name wasn't originally "Ringo Starr". If they do win the vote, maybe you can put them in as "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". Or the Rutles, even. Regardless...

1. Ziggy Stardust
2. Daft Punk
3. Murdoc

Maybe I'll get Iron Man in as an Assist if he doesn't get in here, there's other opportunities for similar characters still.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A ton of submissions here. Wow, all really good ideas. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own in second or third. We'll do the top two for this job probably.

The Wiggles AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Beatles Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
MTV Moon Person (MTV) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
PaRappa the Rapper Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Iron Man (Black Sabbath) AlRex AlRex
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
The Guy (Disturbed) HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie) Oddball Oddball
Daft Punk Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Murdoc (Gorillaz) @Darkonedagger
Alvin And The Chipmunks Northsouthmap Northsouthmap

1. MTV Moon Person
2. The Wiggles
3. Hatsune Miku
The Beatles
The Wiggles
Daft Punk

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, here are the results:

The Wiggles: 4
The Beatles: 12
MTV Moon Person: 3
PaRappa the Rapper: 10
Iron Man: 0
Hatsune Miku: 12
The Guy: 1
Ziggy Stardust: 8
Daft Punk: 1
Murdoc: 13
Alvin and The Chipmunks: 1

Seems Murdoc will be added to the game! Congrats to @Darkonedagger But, we have a tie between The Beatles and Hatsune Miku. We need to break the tie! Vote on the poll below:

Tiebreaker Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 71:

Submit a stage from a series with a playable rep
that does not have a stage yet. Get submitting!

The series you can submit a stage for:

• Thimble Theatre/Popeye
  • Spider-Man/Marvel Comics
  • Looney Tunes/WB
  • The Simpsons
  • Sailor Moon
  • Doctor Who
  • Alien
  • RoboCop
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dracula
  • The Cat in The Hat/Dr. Seuss
  • Shrek
  • Christmas/Holidays
  • Transformers
  • LEGO
  • Gorillaz
Describe the layout, hazards and/or gimmicks of the stage as like in past stage jobs.

My stage:

Bricksburg (The LEGO Movie/LEGO)

Bricksburg.jpg

The main setting of the first LEGO Movie. A walk-off stage. The hazards can consist of various LEGO City vehicles and even cameos from various LEGO characters and other characters from LEGO themes. Even the LEGO Fighters appear as background cameos too!

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Doctor Who Stage: T.A.R.D.I.S.

The Doctor's Signature Mode of Transport(besides Bessie). The console room is based on the one from the TV Movie. The background characters include the Doctor, K-9, Rose Tyler, River Song, The Master(who then acts as a stage boss later on), Handles and a group of Adipose

Stage submission:
Daily Bugle Building (Spiderman)
1658922193900.png
Daily Bugle Building is a headquarters of the most read newspaper Daily Bugle and it locates in New York City, USA. The building appeared in many Spiderman comics, movies, games and etc. making it very iconic location in the series.

The layout of the stage would take place on it's rooftops. It would be a flat stage with 2 pits at each side of the stage.
The Daily Bugle Building is based on PS4 version of Spiderman. Although it also take some cues from other variations of Daily Bugle buildings across from Spiderman media.

In background of the stage, you could see the buildings from New York City.

The Spiderman villains: Venom, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin and Electro are trying to attack the Daily Bugle Building in background (they serve as stage hazard, which they also damage the fighters).
Later they are defeated by Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Spiderman Noir and Spiderham in background, ending their role as stage hazard.

I think this location makes sense as Spiderman's stage, considering that the stage itself has connection to Spiderman.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 71:Shrek's House (Shrek)

the shrek's house is...petty obvious, i can't explain. as a stage, shrek's house is a straight field with two moving platforms,and the stage have cameos,the cameos are fiona, the three shrek's children, donkey, p*** in boots, gingerbread man, Pinocchio, the three blind rats, the three pigs and the big bad wolf.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

the shrek's house is...petty obvious, i can't explain. as a stage, shrek's house is a straight field with two moving platforms,and the stage have cameos,the cameos are fiona, the three shrek's children, donkey, p*** in boots, gingerbread man, Pinocchio, the three blind rats, the three pigs and the big bad wolf.
No way it's **** in Boots

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

Something like that happened to me too. I was trying some guys name over at DC v.s. Marvel but Smashboards thought I was cursing

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Skaro
View attachment 342751
(I couldn't find any good images for Skaro in the TV series on Google so LEGO Dimensions ended up being the best representation of what I was envisioning, had to take a screenshot off a Youtube video, so that's why there is a discrepency here.)
Skaro is the home planet of the Daleks in Doctor Who, with its first appearance being alongside the Daleks themselves in 1963's The Daleks. The planet was home to the Kaleds and Thals, but after a thousand year nuclear war, the planet became irradiated and the life on the planet was mutated by it. To survive, a mad scientist named Davros created transport machines for mutated Kaleds to ensure survival, but removed all the traits that made anything good, resulting in the Daleks.

Here, the overall appearance of Skaro would be based on 2012's Asylum of the Daleks (shown in the image above). The fighting area itself would be a flat plane that acts like a mountain-ish area, with two steep sides you can walk on to go up or down. At the bottoms of the mountain sides are rivers of acid, and walking into them will damage you. Occasionally, a Dalek Saucer will fly onto the stage, acting as a very large platform. It will also occasionally fire lasers at those on stage, with the area marked by an aiming reticle. It will fly off after a while, which will KO anyone who is still on top of it when it leaves the stage.

The immediate background of the stage has various rock formations and ruined building parts from the Dalek war, including broken bits of Dalek, as well as some Mechanoid shells. A Varga Plant also cameos in the immediate background, though it doesn't do anything, as do Hand Mines, who occasionally pop out of the ground, look around, and go back into the ground. In the very far background of the stage, the Dalek citadel can be seen to the right, basing itself off of 2015's The Magician's Apprentice and The Witch's Familiar. The massive Dalek statue and wastelands from Asylum of the Daleks can be seen to the far left of that, whilst further off behind it, the Petrified Forests can be seen, which first appeared in one of the 1964 parts of The Daleks, The Expedition. Some formations of Daleks can be seen flying in the background, with a variety of designs. Some Dalek Saucers can also occasionally be seen.

Dalek Citadel

Massive Dalek
View attachment 342756View attachment 342757
Varga Plant, Hand Mine, and Mechanoid
View attachment 342758View attachment 342759View attachment 342760
Dalek Saucer
View attachment 342761 (Would obviously be scaled down)
Dalek Models
View attachment 3427621963 Dalek
Note: Smashboards rejected my posting of this cause some of the images were faulty, so I'll just link them instead of posting them directly. A very rushed mockup is also present in the description.
1980s Dalek:
1980s dalek - Google Search
Imperial Dalek: imperial dalek - Google Search
Special Weapons Dalek: special weapons dalek - Google Search
Bronze Dalek: bronze dalek - Google Search
New Paradigm Drone Dalek: new paradigm drone dalek - Google Search
Petrified Forest: petrified forest doctor who - Google Search
Taking my old Skaro submission from the last thread for a Doctor Who stage submission

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, here are the results:

The Wiggles: 4
The Beatles: 12
MTV Moon Person: 3
PaRappa the Rapper: 10
Iron Man: 0
Hatsune Miku: 12
The Guy: 1
Ziggy Stardust: 8
Daft Punk: 1
Murdoc: 13
Alvin and The Chipmunks: 1

Seems Murdoc will be added to the game! Congrats to @Darkonedagger But, we have a tie between The Beatles and Hatsune Miku. We need to break the tie! Vote on the poll below:

Tiebreaker Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 71:

Submit a stage from a series with a playable rep
that does not have a stage yet. Get submitting!

The series you can submit a stage for:

• Thimble Theatre/Popeye
  • Spider-Man/Marvel Comics
  • Looney Tunes/WB
  • The Simpsons
  • Sailor Moon
  • Doctor Who
  • Alien
  • RoboCop
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dracula
  • The Cat in The Hat/Dr. Seuss
  • Shrek
  • Christmas/Holidays
  • Transformers
  • LEGO
  • Gorillaz
Describe the layout, hazards and/or gimmicks of the stage as like in past stage jobs.

My stage:

Bricksburg (The LEGO Movie/LEGO)

View attachment 357347

The main setting of the first LEGO Movie. A walk-off stage. The hazards can consist of various LEGO City vehicles and even cameos from various LEGO characters and other characters from LEGO themes. Even the LEGO Fighters appear as background cameos too!
742 Evergreen Terrance (The Simpsons)
Layout will look similar to this. It's a walk off stage. At one point in the match the house will be destroyed by a sinkhole, but it will be rebuilt after. Cameos include Ned Flanders, the Winfields, the Powers, and Sideshow Bob.
View attachment 357379
Doctor Who Stage: T.A.R.D.I.S.

The Doctor's Signature Mode of Transport(besides Bessie). The console room is based on the one from the TV Movie. The background characters include the Doctor, K-9, Rose Tyler, River Song, The Master(who then acts as a stage boss later on), Handles and a group of Adipose
Stage submission:
Daily Bugle Building (Spiderman)
View attachment 357380
Daily Bugle Building is a headquarters of the most read newspaper Daily Bugle and it locates in New York City, USA. The building appeared in many Spiderman comics, movies, games and etc. making it very iconic location in the series.

The layout of the stage would take place on it's rooftops. It would be a flat stage with 2 pits at each side of the stage.
The Daily Bugle Building is based on PS4 version of Spiderman. Although it also take some cues from other variations of Daily Bugle buildings across from Spiderman media.

In background of the stage, you could see the buildings from New York City.

The Spiderman villains: Venom, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin and Electro are trying to attack the Daily Bugle Building in background (they serve as stage hazard, which they also damage the fighters).
Later they are defeated by Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Spiderman Noir and Spiderham in background, ending their role as stage hazard.

I think this location makes sense as Spiderman's stage, considering that the stage itself has connection to Spiderman.
View attachment 357404
Plastic Beach
Players fight on the building at the top. Its a big stage and you can jump down to the bottom lawer. Fighters can be dunked into the sea. The band all cameo.

Taking my old Skaro submission from the last thread for a Doctor Who stage submission
Alright, the fighter poll for the other music fighter is in a tie. Vote on it so we can break a tie! Now, let's vote on the stages. The top 2 stages will be added. Vote for your top 3 but you can only put your own in second or third.

Bricksburg (The LEGO Movie/LEGO) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
742 Evergreen Terrance (The Simpsons) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
T.A.R.D.I.S (Doctor Who) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Daily Bugle Building (Spiderman) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Plastic Beach (Gorlliaz) @Darkonedagger
Shrek's House (Shrek) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Skaro (Doctor Who) Pokelego999 Pokelego999

1. 742 Evergreen Terrace (Too iconic of a setting.)
2. Shrek's House (Shrek is love, Shrek is life.)
3. T.A.R.D.I.S. (Too iconic as well.)

D

Deleted member

1. Dairy Bungle Building
2. 742 Evergreen Terrace
3. Shrek's House

i think that the beatles doesn't deserve to be playable characters, it's because they are real life people and the job says fictional singers/singer persona
1. 742 Evergreen Terrace
2. Daily Bugle
3. Shrek's House

I agree with DragonRobotKing26 that real people don't deserve to be in Smash like the Beatles (despite they're iconic). Unless if it was a singer persona like Daft Punk for example, then they're allowed.
There are multiple fictional takes on the beetles we could use tbf. It proablly should have been Miku but I'm pretty sure it was said on the old thread that the beatles count.
Beatlescartoons1.jpg

images.jpeg

1. 742 Evergreen Terrace
2. Daily Bugle
3. Tardis

Top Bottom