• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pokemon Smash Bros! [DISCONTINUED]

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pokemon is one of the biggest franchises ever with one of the biggest selection of characters ever, and its dabbled in fighting games before, so a Smash spinoff seems like a no-brainer! However, since Sakurai wants a break, the users of Smashboards have been tasked with making it instead!

We will be focusing on characters, stages, modes and items, using things from the Pokemon universe exclusively

002.png
Ivysaur
Generation: 1
006.png
Charizard
007.png
Squirtle
025.png
Pikachu
039.png
Jigglypuff
052 (1).png
Meowth
150.png
Mewtwo
172.png
Pichu
Generation: 2
Sceptile
Generation: 3
448.png
Lucario
Generation: 4
Meloetta
Generation: 5
658.png
Greninja
Generation: 6
727.png
Incineroar
Generation: 7
Sirfetch'd
Generation: 8

SSBU-Saffron_City.jpg
Saffron City
pokemon-stadium-1.jpg
Pokemon Stadium
PokeFloats.jpg
Pokefloats
pokemon-stadium-2.jpg
Pokemon Stadium 2
spear-pillar.jpg
Spear Pillar
unovapokemonleague.jpg
Unova Pokemon League
prismtower5.jpg
Prism Tower
FYiHbHZ.jpeg
Kalos Pokemon League
hisui_region_map_pokemon_legends_arceus.jpg
Hisui
Battle Royal Arena

Poke Ball
Master Ball
Arc Sphere

Sandile

Job 9: Pokemon League.
8 Stages, each stage gaining you a badge.
Upon passing all eight stages, you fight 4 opponents in a row(representing the Elite 4) and then a super powerful final enemy (representing the champion).

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #1: Amoonguss
1647205331636.png

Amoonguss is Pokémon 591 from the 5th generation. Having this Pokémon fulfills the niche of Poison-Grass types, and it gives us a gen 5 Pokémon. They have a unique body type (with the no legs and unique circle hands) which might make an interesting fighter. I think it'd also be cool if this was a trap based fighter (quoting Pokémon Black's Pokédex entry, " It lures prey close by dancing and waving its arm caps, which resemble Poké Balls, in a swaying motion." So yeah, it's already a trap based character), plus with moves like Grass Knot and Ingrain, it's easy to imagine him doing stuff like plat a trap and recover health.

So yeah, it's a unique fighter type compared to basically all the other fast rushdowns or slow tanks already in the roster. Also, while this wasn't the main reason I submitted him, the funny name would be free marketing to certain groups of people.

Job #2:
I decided to hand count all Pokemon and got 905, after then I decided to divide the number by how many generations we have currently (8) leading to
113 fighters.

Nah, just kidding, no way in heck is that even plausible. How about
40 Fighters, Gamefreak likely has the money to make that possible, it'd limit us a lot (but not enough for us to have a horrible roster with only the major and boring Pokemon), and it'd allow a variety of playstyles.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #1: Amoonguss
View attachment 347507

Amoonguss is Pokémon 591 from the 5th generation. Having this Pokémon fulfills the niche of Poison-Grass types, and it gives us a gen 5 Pokémon. They have a unique body type (with the no legs and unique circle hands) which might make an interesting fighter. I think it'd also be cool if this was a trap based fighter (quoting Pokémon Black's Pokédex entry, " It lures prey close by dancing and waving its arm caps, which resemble Poké Balls, in a swaying motion." So yeah, it's already a trap based character), plus with moves like Grass Knot and Ingrain, it's easy to imagine him doing stuff like plat a trap and recover health.

So yeah, it's a unique fighter type compared to basically all the other fast rushdowns or slow tanks already in the roster. Also, while this wasn't the main reason I submitted him, the funny name would be free marketing to certain groups of people.

Job #2:
I decided to hand count all Pokemon and got 905, after then I decided to divide the number by how many generations we have currently (8) leading to
113 fighters.

Nah, just kidding, no way in heck is that even plausible. How about
40 Fighters, Gamefreak likely has the money to make that possible, it'd limit us a lot (but not enough for us to have a horrible roster with only the major and boring Pokemon), and it'd allow a variety of playstyles.
SUS? SUSSSSSS? SUSSSY AMOUGNUS? AMOG SUS? AMONG? INNERSLOT? IMPOS?

D

Deleted member

257.png

Blaziken

We need some form of Gen 3 rep and I just think they're cool.

Gonna go 50. Pokemon is big enough to justify this

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1: Mimikyu
AFA801FB-1475-4693-BBB6-F48211E69806.png

Mimikyu is a ghost and fairy type Pokémon, introduced in the 7th generation games for Alola. Mimikyu is a lonely Pokémon that only wants to be loved like Pikachu, that’s why it dresses up like one. Mimikyu is a very popular Pokémon, even being the third most popular Pokémon, according to Google’s 2020 Pokémon poll. Mimikyu could use moves like: shadow claw, shadow ball, play rough, wood hammer, etc. It’s could even incorporate it’s exclusive Z-Move, Let’s Snuggle Forever!

Job #2: 60
I feel this is a big enough roster number.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
job 1:Sceptile

1647211587495.jpeg

well, the smash roster have 4 starter pokémons on 3rd evolution, 2 fire-type starters and 1 water-type starter, and why not a grass-type starter?

Job 2:59

i think 59 fighters is enough

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #1: Meowth
Meowth.png

I'm actually shocked no one's suggested Meowth yet, but I'm happy to claim him.

Meowth has been a reoccurring antagonist in the Pokemon anime since it's second episode, making him one of the most well known Pokemon of all time, and one of the most popular characters in the show alongside the ever popular Team Rocket members Jessie and James. The three share an entertaining but genuine friendship as they attempt to capture Ash's Pikachu and fail at nearly every turn.

In recent times Meowth's been getting a bit more love in the games too.
He's had two variant forms in both Alolan and Galarian Meowth which gives him two great alts right off the bat(the Galarian Meowth is mostly just fluffy hair), a Dynamax form that makes him a loooooooooooong cat(this form Team Rocket's Meowth even takes on in the anime), and the Team Rocket Meowth even putting in appearances in Pokemon Masters EX, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Pokemon Go.

Meowth's also a bit of an interesting one in that we really can go in a few directions with them.
We could go for:
  1. The Team Rocket direction in which Meowth fights with things outside of his regular moveset such as pitfalls and Pokemon shaped mechas, weapons and traps(and that's before we add Team Rocket's other Pokemon into the mix - Meowth is the only Pokemon to ever be a Pokemon Gym Leader after all)
  2. We could go for the more general species Meowth in which we have access to a wider moveset pool of official game techniques.

3. Go absolutely hog wild and start basing some abilities off of the weird spinoff titles or references such as Meowth's Party, Pokemon Dash, Mystery Dungeon(in which Meowth was a starter option), etc, etc.

4. Some sort of combination of the above.
Job #2: 52
To be honest this is just a Meowth reference. I think anywhere between 45 and 65 is fine for a series as vast as Pokemon. I'd probably have gone 50 as it's a third of the original Pokemon cast but I got beaten to the punch.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1647218373847.png

Don't mind me, just adding my son to the submission list

Crobat is a Flying-Poison type, which could lead to some unique gameplay mechanics in itself. Crobat could be a character who rarely (if ever) touches the ground. With multiple jumps, superior power in aerial combat, and more, I think this bat could be a very fun character.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

1. Sceptile
2. Meowth
3. Gardevoir

1. 50
2. 52
3. 40

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Blaziken. (Lowkey, whilst we already have Lucario and Charizard here to fill the "anime, human-proportioned fighter" and "fire-type starter" niches, I think Blaziken would be a really weird but fun option to see if we go all in on a heavy rushdown playstyle, really playing on fighting game archetypes in an effective way - after all, seeing multiple "shotos" in a similar vein to the subtle differences between characters like Ryu, Terry and Cyclops could be a good way to get a large selection of characters easy for people to pick up, with some weirder picks and control schemes down the line.)
2. Amoonguss. (On the other hand and aside from the name, I think Amoonguss would be one of those perfect and bizarre picks that needs to be in at some point. Having an, in context, very weird body type helps, but also the idea of a trapper playstyle and overall more of a semi-defensive but still powerful non-tank character is just really appealing to be honest.
3. Meowth. (As well as helping to appeal to the anime fans, I think Meowth has so much personality and legacy in the Pokemon series at this point that he'd have to make it in somehow or other. I think it's an interesting situation with Normal-type representation as a whole where there's some obvious picks but it's not an obvious type to work with - but Meowth is a solid starting point/poster child.)

1. 52. (A fun, slightly weird number is always nice to see, but I also think that it's a solid representation of the now 900+ Pokemon we actually have. A smaller amount might feel somewhat redundant in truly representing a couple of weirder picks, similar to how Pokken had a lot of obvious choices but also some unusual ones in characters like Chandelure.)
2. 50. (A little smaller, and a little more rounded, but 50 characters similarly feels like a solid baseline. Not much to say here admittedly. Maybe I'm just biased because 52 is a fun number.)
3. 59. (Another fun weird number, plus it leaves space for a random button! I guess it's also cool but I'm a stickler for even numbers. Look, these reasonings are becoming more and more obscure, I just like numbers okay numbers are cool also it's Pi Day so yeaaaa)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Blaziken.
Probably the second most popular fire starter after Charizard, has a Mega form, is partner to May for the anime fans, is a god damn kicking chicken, honestly looks kind of like a Digimon and birds are one of the few animal types that the Smash roster doesn't cover at current. Made for a fighting game to be honest. Surprised he didn't make the cut during Brawl alongside Lucario.

2. Meowth.
The only Pokemon I've ever actively rooted for in Smash despite being a huge Poke-nerd back in the day. Long lasting appeal, Team Rocket are undeniably entertaining, gives Pikachu a legit 'rival' kind of character granted so does Mimikyu but err..cat vs. mouse antics I guess, Meowth breaks a lot of regular Pokemon conventions and could make for a really off the wall unusual Pokemon fighter and I think that's pretty fun. Plus that Dynamax form makes me laugh every time I see it.

3. Gardevoir. Long lasting popularity although arguably more for...less wholesome reasons than Blaziken. Any Pokemon that keep it's popularity past it's gen and keep going is a winner in my book. Too many Pokemon are totally forgotten about after their gen ends.

Shout out to Sceptile though. Again, a slight Hoenn (and Kanto) bias here.

-------------

1. 59. With Smash's roster already taking on TEN of the spots already, I've actually reconsidered that 50 may not be enough. A roster of 40 we decide on seems surprisingly small for Pokemon of all things.
2. 60. See above. Then add one more.
3. 52. See above. Ironically those extra two make the roster seem a lot less small to me. I can't explain it better than that.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Crobat (Like the pitch and I think us having and air fighter like that would be really cool)
2. Amoonguss (Self-Vote)
3. Onix (Cool fighter type we haven't seen, plus rock types are pretty cool)

Honorable mention to the popular Pokémon (Meowth, Mimikyu, Gardveoir, etc.), I think they need to be in at some point, but I think if we overload all the extremely popular Pokémon at the beginning (especially after bringing all the 9 Pokémon from Smash + Inceneroar) the less popular cast will in comparison be disappointing to a lot of people. Again, all for them down the line but to contest the idea of every Pokémon fighter being a mega-big superstar we should have an unexpected character now (imo).

1. 40
2. 50
3. 52

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Voting is done

Zoroark - 0 votes
Rillaboom - 6 votes
Onix - 7 votes
Amoongus - 5 votes
Blaziken - 7 votes
Mimikyu - 3 votes
Sceptile - 8 votes
Meowth - 12 votes
Crobat - 6 votes
Gardevoir - 6 votes

Meowth is our first newcomer!

30 - 3 votes
40 - 9 votes
50 - 15 votes
60 - 5 votes
59 - 4 votes
52 - 12 votes

We will have 50 fighters!

Congratulations to YoshiandToad YoshiandToad !

next job will be in a bit

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 3:
Submit a new stage from a region that does not currently have one (Johto, Hoenn, Alola, Galar, Hisui)

Job 4:
Submit a Smash Ball equivalent.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 3:Lake of Rage

the stage is same from Super Smash Flash 2, but a red Gyarados appears as stage hazard

Job 4:Mega Evolution Stone

i know not all pokémons have a mega evolution, but i think the mega evolution stone makes sense as a smash ball

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 4: Smash Ball equivalent: Jirachi
Jirachi.jpeg

Rather than breaking a ball open, Pokémon who manage to grab Jirachi when it flies around the field will have their 'wish' granted for a super powerful move that they can unleash on their opponents.

Wishes can range from Mega Evolving or Dynamaxing to any sort of super powered ability. As Jirachi only stays awake for a week every 1000 years though the wish only works very briefly before returning them to normal.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 3

Hisui

This stage would encompass all of Hisui

you start on a platform in the clouds, a Platform that resembles Arceus and the Arc phone it is a bit bigger than FD and it flies around the Space Time Distortion before starting in The Obsidian Fieldlands and then goes to the Crimson Mirelands, Cobalt Coastlands, Coronet Highlands and the Alabaster Icelands, Soaring by each area you can see the pokemon that are Native to that area in the areas they appear in the game.

At the end of the travel you appear on top of Mount Coronet where you are faced by Origin Palkia and Origin Dialga before Arceus appears and resets the stage.

On the platform itself a few pokemon can appear, Any of the summonable ride pokemon can appear on the platform at any time and when flying over the Obsidian Fieldlands, Crimson Mirelands and Alabaster Icelands there is a chance that Azelf, Mesprit or Uxie may appear on the platform.

Job 4

Super Berry

This would be a Berry that is rainbow colored and you consume it to gain final smash.

D

Deleted member

1. Hisui
2. Dynamax Stadium

1. Jirachi
2. Arc Sphere
3. Super Berry

Last edited by a moderator:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Well it seems like we aren't going to get any more votes so...

Lake of Rage - 4 votes
Dynamax Stadium - 10 votes
Hisui - 16 votes

Hisui is our next stage!

Mega Stone - 1 vote
Jirachi - 11 votes
Super Berry - 10 votes
Arc Sphere - 14 votes

Arc Sphere is are Smash Ball equivalent!

congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 and Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear !

Job 5:
Submit a moveset for Meowth. Only four specials and the Final Smash are neccesary.

Job 6:
Submit a generation 3 Pokemon. We will be filling in all of the generations so let's start with gen 3!

(also if someone would be willing to make a picture of the Arc Sphere to use on the front page, that is not at all neccesary but would be appreciated)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ralts

Not yet evolved (and when it does it'll be a Gallade!) Ralts would a small, slow zoner with powerful projectiles but pitiful near-range and defensive options. Ralts fills the archetype of a more standard zoner alongside the less projectile-heavy Mewtwo.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 5:Meowth Moveset

Neutral Special: Pay Day-Meowth throws a coin at the opponent ,the coin is projectile and does a weak damage ,when the coin hits the opponent the coin multipiles causing more damage

Side Special: Fury Swipes-Meowth dashes attacking with a flurry of scratches, this special attack is similar to Sephiroth's Up Special

Up Special: Scratch-Meowth gives a scratch uppercut, this special attack is similar to Ryu's Up Special

Down Special: Feint-this attack is a counterattack,Meowth defends himself,when Meowth is hit by a opponent,Meowth disappears and reappears giving a flying kick behind the opponent

Final Smash: Team Rocket Power-Meowth gives a scratch at the opponent, then shows a cinematic, Jessie and James appears with an Abork and a Weezing, Jessie says "Abork,Poison Jab!" and Arbok gives a flurry of tail stabs at the opponent, while Jessie's Abork gives the Poison Jab, James says "Weezing,Dark Pulse!" and Weezing fires a purple beam at the opponent

Job 6
job 1:Sceptile

View attachment 347514

well, the smash roster have 4 starter pokémons on 3rd evolution, 2 fire-type starters and 1 water-type starter, and why not a grass-type starter?

Job 2:59

i think 59 fighters is enough

Top Bottom