• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pokemon Smash Bros! [DISCONTINUED]

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 6: The Regi Trio
regis.jpg

I think those three could be interesting to have as fighters and able to swap them around like Pokemon Trainer in Smash.

Possible final smash would be Regigigas coming on stage.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1647736638095.png

Klink

A pair of minigears that connect to each other and spin to produce the energy they both need to live. Klink would be a rather unique fighter, as the two gears could potentially be split up for Ice Climbers-style gameplay at the cost of slowing and weakening them. They'd be fairy lightweight and would make use of electric and steel attacks.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Timburr.png

Timburr.

Fights by hitting opponents over the skull with a solid bit of tree trunk shrapnel. Whilst Timburr is a fighting type I imagine they'll battle by swinging lumber into their enemies faces.

Probably can baseball bat opponents and projectiles alike into the distance with it too.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #8: Dwebble
1647736717481.png

Dwebble is the Rock Inn Pokémon, a crab looking fella that uses natural rocks as their home. Reasons I'm picking Dwebble are because I think they'd be neat in a fighting game and also I'm trying to stop resubmitting the same fighter over and over, I love Amoonguss unironically but I'm gonna wait a bit before resubmitting them so I ain't repetitive.

Dwebble, as stated earlier, uses Rocks as their home. They can do this because, to quote Pokémon Black's Pokédex entry, "This Pokémon can easily melt holes in hard rocks with a liquid secreted from its mouth." So I'm thinking Dwebble could be a status fighter able to increase opponents knockback (like Inkling's Ink, but significantly more gross) while also having unique moves due to their claws and hard shell.

Notable moves they have in the Pokémon series I think can be translated well in a moveset are: Fury Cutter (Possible rapid jab attack that deals more damage until the last hit), X-Scissors (A Possible Smash Attack where Dwebble uses their claw in a Scissor motion), and Smack Down (a thrown rock projectile), among many others.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Job 8: Meloetta

Similar to Pyra and Mythra, switches between the forms which changes the attributes in its stats, move attributes and special moves. Would bring some musical aspects into its moveset as well.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 8: Chandelure
1647868567435.png

The most popular Gen 5 Pokémon according to the 2020 poll and the only one to make it into Pokken. A very unconventional body type for a fighting game that would allow for a very unique moveset

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Chandelure (Still a bit hesitant on popular Pokemon, I feel this should be the time to bring smaller ones to the spotlight, but at the very least Chandelure has a unique body type for a fighting game, so I'll give it credit for that and would like to see it in a platform fighter)
2. Klink (Looks neat)
3. Dwebble (Self-Vote, love the little guy)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Chandelure (weird body shape, popular, bizarre fighter potential...they just look cool)
2. Meloetta (Not usually one for legendaries as fighters, but the gimmick is neat enough to work)
3. Timburr (self vote but imagining him knocking projectile attacks back by swinging a 2x4 is too amusing to pass up)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
1. Meloetta
2. Zoroark
3. Honestly pretty split between who to vote for between Timburr and Chandelure for 3rd. Make that as you will as either a tie voter or neither.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Klink - 2 votes
Timburr - 1 vote
Dwebble - 4 votes
Zoroark - 11 votes
Meloetta - 18 votes
Chandelure - 17 votes

Meloetta is our next fighter! congratulations to WaddleKing WaddleKing !

Job 9:
Submit a classic mode equivalent!

Job 10:
Submit a homestage for Incineroar! This doesn't neccesarily have to be an Alola stage as long as it fits him.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
sorry about the long wait, but YoshiandToad YoshiandToad will win by default.

for the stage, i'll come up with my own idea unless anyone wants to submit something

Job 10: submit a movest for Sceptile. Only the specials and final smash are neccesary

Job 11: submit a Gen 8 Pokemon!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gen 8 Pokemon

Obstagoon.png

The glam-rock badger Pokemon of Galar arrives! Not that it's a rock type, you understand.

Not only are Obstagoon absolutely everywhere in Gen 8 thanks to Team Yell, but they also have a really cool antagonistic design IMO, adding another 'villainous' Pokemon to the mix...and probably an interesting team mate in a band alongside Jigglypuff. Puff will put them to sleep, and Obstagoon will wake them right back up with it's terrifying shouts.

Hard to believe this slightly frightening punk started off as a mostly harmless adorable Zigzagoon, eh?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 11:Toxtricity

1648676213023.jpeg

Toxtricity is a poison/electric-type pokemon. the attacks from this pokemon would be electric manipulation and poison manipulation (very obvious) and he (or she) would have rocker punk personality

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Job 11: Sirfetch'd

One of the most long overdue and beloved cross generational evolutions, albeit locked to a regional form. Sirfetch'd could play with a combo between using its lance shaped leek + shield in various ways, but as a duck.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Grimmsnarl
861Grimmsnarl.png

A Dark/Fairy type Pokémon that appears to be based on a Goblin, Grimmsnarl's body is covered with hair that it utilizes for combat. In a fighting game, that hair could be used to stab people, whip them, or even grab them from a long distance. It would be a slow heavyweight with lots of range.

Top Bottom