• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'll probably show up periodically to try to complete stuff like movesets, music, memories, etc, but if this is goodbye I'd like to say that this has been an amazing project! I had a lot of fun seeing everyone's ideas, and I feel like we really assembled a great selection of fighters and stages and everything else. Participating here gave me a lot of confidence that I can come up with more than just character proposals, something I didn't think I was capable of. So thank you to everyone who liked my ideas!

Here's hoping someday a real PlayStation All-Stars 2 comes out because if we proved one thing it's that there's endless potential for it.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Megadoomer Megadoomer I didn't intend to tag you, but as I promised a few posts back, I wrote out my ideas for memory and music lists of Rayman (additional on former) and Tomba!, which would be included alongside others on a opening post.
Memories:
  • Bzzit
  • Lums
  • Electoons
  • Livingstone
  • Henchman 800
  • Clark the Giant
  • Jano
  • Walking/Flying Shells
  • André
  • Hoodlums
  • Count Razoff
  • Reflux
  • The Nymphs (Holly Luya/Edith Up/Annetta Fish/Helena Handbasket)
  • Incrediballs
  • Rabbids
Music: (same amount as Castlevania's in Ultimate, I did say I'm a long-time fan of this series)
  1. Main Theme/World Map (Rayman)
  2. First Steps (Rayman)
  3. Harmony (Rayman)
  4. Picture Perfect (Rayman)
  5. Never Wake a Sleeping Scorpion (Rayman)
  6. Creepy Clowns (Rayman)
  7. Cloak of Darkness (Rayman)
  8. The Magician's Challenge (Rayman)
  9. Main Theme ~The Great Escape~ (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  10. The Woods of Light (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  11. Overworld (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  12. The Precipice (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  13. The Walk of Life (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  14. The Cave of Bad Dreams (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  15. The Sanctuary of Water and Ice (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  16. Final Battle (Rayman 2: The Great Escape)
  17. Race Theme Medley (Rayman M/Arena)
  18. Rise and Shrine (Rayman M/Arena)
  19. Palm Beach (Rayman M/Arena)
  20. Madder (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  21. The Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  22. Funkyboard (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  23. Hoodoo Sorcerer (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  24. Hoodstomper (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  25. Snowboard Race (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  26. Reflux the Knaaren (Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc)
  27. Jibberish Jungle ~ The Darktoon Chase (Rayman Origins)
  28. Shooter ~ Kazoo (Rayman Origins)
  29. Land of the Livid Dead ~ Chasing a Dream (Rayman Origins)
  30. Tricky Treasure/The Lum King (Rayman Origins)
  31. Medieval Theme (Rayman Legends)
  32. Castle Rock (Rayman Legends)
  33. Mariachi Madness (Rayman Legends)
  34. Grannies World Tour (Rayman Legends)
Memories:
Music:
  1. Village of All Beginnings (Tomba!)
  2. Dwarf Forest (Tomba!)
  3. Phoenix Mountain (Tomba!)
  4. Mushroom Forest (Tomba!)
  5. Mansion (Tomba!)
  6. Trick Village (Purified) (Tomba!)
  7. Underground Maze (Tomba!)
  8. Evil Pig Boss (Tomba!)
  9. Town of the Fishermen (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  10. Donglin Forest (Cursed) (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  11. Water Temple (Cursed) (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  12. Kujara Ranch (Purified) (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  13. Kujara Ranch Summit (Cursed) (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  14. Pipe Area (Cursed) (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  15. Tower of Strength/Wisdom/Courage (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)
  16. Evil Pig Boss (Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return)

There's also some additional memories for Oddworld and Spyro the Dragon.
Oddworld:
  • Munch
  • Big Face
  • Shrykull
  • Elum
  • Paramites
  • Scrabs
  • Alf
  • Toby
  • The Keeper
  • The Three Weirdos
  • Glukkon Bosses (Aslik, Dripik and Phleg)
  • Brewmaster
  • The Almighty Raisin
  • Lulu
  • Humphrey and Irvin
  • The Stranger
  • Shrink
Spyro the Dragon:
  • Cynder (she didn't appear in the classic series, but I think we would also represent The Legend of Spyro)
  • Hunter
  • Elora
  • Zoe
  • The Professor
  • Crush & Gulp
  • Bianca
  • Sheila
  • Sgt. Byrd
  • Bentley
  • Agent 9
  • Moneybags
  • The Sorceress
  • Scorch
  • Toasty
  • Metalhead
  • Blowhard
  • Jacques
  • Egg Thief

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think characters like Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragoon), Jin Kazama (Tekken), Carl "CJ" Johnson (GTA: San Andreas), Wander (Shadow of the Colossus), Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil), Gene (God Hand), James Sunderland (Silent Hill), The Prince (Prince of Persia), and many others would be good characters for PS All-Stars 2. Although, those picks may be unlikely, but they would still be pretty cool.

BTW In case anybody’s interested, I made a petition for SONY to remake Twisted Metal 1, Twisted Metal 2, Twisted Metal: Black, and Twisted Metal: Head-On. I know that petitions don’t necessarily always work, but you never know what might happen. Anyway, here it is: https://www.change.org/p/sony-remak...twisted-metal-black-and-twisted-metal-head-on

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Did anyone end up submitting the Katamari as an item?

The Katamari would be about as tall as the largest fighter. When it appears, it can be picked up and rolled as an item, or attacked and launched like a soccer ball. Enemies that are hit by the Katamari will be stuck to it for a while, taking damage as the Katamari is struck or rolled.
Other items, Memory Card assists and some projectiles may also get stuck to the katamari, becoming permanently attached to it. This doesn't increase the Katamari's damage, but it will slightly increase the hitbox and keep fighters stuck for longer, at the cost of making the Katamari a bit slower and heavier.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Did anyone end up submitting the Katamari as an item?

The Katamari would be about as tall as the largest fighter. When it appears, it can be picked up and rolled as an item, or attacked and launched like a soccer ball. Enemies that are hit by the Katamari will be stuck to it for a while, taking damage as the Katamari is struck or rolled.
Other items, Memory Card assists and some projectiles may also get stuck to the katamari, becoming permanently attached to it. This doesn't increase the Katamari's damage, but it will slightly increase the hitbox and keep fighters stuck for longer, at the cost of making the Katamari a bit slower and heavier.
Umm.... this thread is still open for only posting like movesets, costumes, music, memories (much like Smash's trophies), etc. but thanks for reminding me about it.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I really hope Playstation Allstars gets a sequel! Some of these concepts are great! Playstation Allstars has so much potential and I hope Sony actually tries and taps into it!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, I have a really dumb idea here but as a sort of "guest" fighter, Tony Hawk.

Given the importance of the early Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games as games to fill the PS1's library, not to mention the fact that the Tony Hawk series is relevant to this day, I feel like he'd be worth being in - and there's a few ways you could handle his inclusion. For instance, you could use various characters from Pro Skater games or even Tony Hawk himself! Likewise, his moveset - being that he's on a skateboard, and can use various stunts and tricks - could very easily be really unique and interesting!

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Now that Super Smash Bros Ultimate has ended; do you think that Playstation Allstars 2 has a greater chance of happening?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now that Super Smash Bros Ultimate has ended; do you think that Playstation Allstars 2 has a greater chance of happening?
Maybe? Nickelodeon and (if rumours/leaks are true) Warner Bros. seem pretty quick to jump on the Smash-like bandwagon to try and fill that gap, so maybe Sony might as well. I doubt it, though; I'm not sure how willing Sony is to give something like this a second chance.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
So yeah, I'm reviving this thread by implementing costume ideas for some of the left characters in a roster.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So yeah, I'm reviving this thread by implementing costume ideas for some of the left characters in a roster.
Thanks! I added links in the first post, and this reminded me that now that I have a PS4, I should check out some of the games that are represented in this thread. (Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc. - I already have Horizon and Gravity Rush, but I haven't had the chance to play them)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'd be interested in participating in a new forum game based on a fighting game crossover between Nintendo and PlayStation. Perhaps I'll even host one starting in January?
You can go ahead for that if you want to, even though there's this dead thread since mid-April ( Otoad64 Otoad64 's apparently active these days, but I rather doubt it...).

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I've officially started the forum game for a Nintendo vs PlayStation fighter:
Enjoy!

Alejandronoob

Smash Rookie
I mean, I'd still like Playstation Allstars 2 to happen. There are new games and characters that could be added to a potential sequel.
Me too! Not to mention, it can be a great opportunity for Sony to release a game that could rival against Multiversus and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, I'd still like Playstation Allstars 2 to happen. There are new games and characters that could be added to a potential sequel.
Aloy is an obvious shoe-in for sure.

Also Kratos as of the Norse Saga. Since Ragnarok, I can see Atreus as his own separate character.

Heaven ******* forbid though they wouldn't add Abby, if they did...She'd be my punching bag for sure.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Aloy is an obvious shoe-in for sure.

Also Kratos as of the Norse Saga. Since Ragnarok, I can see Atreus as his own separate character.

Heaven ******* forbid though they wouldn't add Abby, if they did...She'd be my punching bag for sure.
Already imagine a "Abby is Good in Playstation All-Stars 2" montage that just shows her getting pummeled by every character all the way til the end where she starts picking up the pace & makes a striking victory....only to reveal that everything she did was for nothing.

Alejandronoob

Smash Rookie
I got an idea, there can be characters that can be played alternatively. For example, norse Kratos can be his default while greek Kratos can be his alternate, similar to link and young link in smash ultimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got an idea, there can be characters that can be played alternatively. For example, norse Kratos can be his default while greek Kratos can be his alternate, similar to link and young link in smash ultimate.
I'd rather Greek Kratos just be a skin and costume to be honest. No need to waste slots now for other potential characters.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do we need to waste slots as was done with Good Cole and Evil Cole?
I feel like that's a very different situation. The two Coles are pretty redundant, it would be like having, say, Fire Mario as a separate character in Smash. Having two Kratoses (Krati? He is Greek), on the other hand, is more reasonable. Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos have different designs, skillsets, and personalities (I know they're the same person but Norse Kratos is much older and more mature). It's more akin to having Toon and BoTW Link, or both Normal and Paper Mario - something most people are at least OK with. I don't know if I want two of them, but I can see the argument.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like that's a very different situation. The two Coles are pretty redundant, it would be like having, say, Fire Mario as a separate character in Smash. Having two Kratoses (Krati? He is Greek), on the other hand, is more reasonable. Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos have different designs, skillsets, and personalities (I know they're the same person but Norse Kratos is much older and more mature). It's more akin to having Toon and BoTW Link, or both Normal and Paper Mario - something most people are at least OK with. I don't know if I want two of them, but I can see the argument.
You realize Norse Kratos also has the blades of chaos right?

I'd rather not waste slots with what's basically the same character. Why I prefer Greek Kratos as an alt.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There are merits of having the different versions of the same character as different fighters. Evil Cole for example, had a mostly unique moveset while also cutting corners from modelling and representing the main mechanic of inFamous.

You can make a case for having two Kratoses but God of War has so many characters that I think adding one of them would make for a more interesting addition.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Greek Kratos has a lot of options that would be very different from Norse Kratos. One of the few things both Kratos would have is the Blades of Chaos. Greek Kratos doesn't have the Leviathan Axe. They'd also have very different Supers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Greek Kratos has a lot of options that would be very different from Norse Kratos. One of the few things both Kratos would have is the Blades of Chaos. Greek Kratos doesn't have the Leviathan Axe. They'd also have very different Supers.
Both have the Blades of Chaos tho.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
There are merits of having the different versions of the same character as different fighters. Evil Cole for example, had a mostly unique moveset while also cutting corners from modelling and representing the main mechanic of inFamous.

You can make a case for having two Kratoses but God of War has so many characters that I think adding one of them would make for a more interesting addition.
I think having two versions of the same character work in some context. PerisotGX has used as an example Paper Mario and regular Mario and I think those work as separate character character because they come from different game and have very different abilities.

I don't think Cole and Evil Cole is a really good example. You said that it's a good way of representing the mechanics of Infamous but that's not really true. The mechanics of Infamous is that you make choice in the story and you gain new powers based on your playstyle and choice. Cole should have the same mechanics in All Star, where the way you play would have an influence on his attack. If I remember correctly this was originally the plan for Cole but for some reason Sucker punch said "put Cole and Evil Cole separately or it's no Cole at all".

I think you can make a case from Kratos. Like Paper Mario, Norse Kratos comes from a different game than Greek Kratos and Kratos transforming into Norse isn't a gameplay mechanic of the game. That being said, Playstation all stars is not canon and I don't think it's too out of place too have a moveset that mixes both Kratos. I mean does it matter if Kratos have both the Leviathan axe and Medusa head in his arsenal? I mean, many characters does it in Smash, most notably Mega Man who have weapon coming from many different games despite cannonically never having all of them at the same time. You could also argue that Kratos design alone is so different on both era that it could be a second character. But again, if you do a moveset that mixes both era I don't think it would be out of place to have them as skin of each other.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It wouldn't be a wasted slot though. They could be so different they feel like different characters. I mean, if you want talk about a wasted slot; Dr. Mario in Smash is a wasted slot. Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos are far more different.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It wouldn't be a wasted slot though. They could be so different they feel like different characters. I mean, if you want talk about a wasted slot; Dr. Mario in Smash is a wasted slot. Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos are far more different.
Same characters though. In the end, Norse Saga Kratos still has the blades of chaos like Greek Saga Kratos did.

Top Bottom