• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my events will be used for events 16 through 18. Now, it is time for my Ord reveal trailer.

Ord Reveal Trailer:

New Friends Are Always Fun!

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo, the Teletubbies and Molly) by the logo.

Then, it stays paused on the logo screen....until we see the purple TV screen from the Seasons 4-6 opening from
Barney and Friends. Then, it changes to the episode title background where it says "Time For A New Friend To Join The Brawl!"

It then cuts how it regularly does for the Barney and Friends episode during those seasons.

We then see Barney, BJ and a few children in the treehouse they hang out in.

Barney: Okay everyone, I have a very special invitation to give from Dash to a friend of mine in a far away land! He is invited to the Brawltime party!

Barney is seen holding a PBS Kids: Brawltime! invitation.

BJ: Yeah! I wonder who it's gonna be!

One kid unnamed: Will it be another dinosaur?

Another kid unnamed: Or perhaps...some sort of animal we don't know about?

Finally, another kid says: Or maybe....it's Stella the Storyteller?

Barney just laughs and then says

"Alright well, I do not want to give away the super-deeeeee duper surprise! But, now it is time to go to the land where I must give the invite! Just close your eyes and imagine....a colorful world where you can use all your heart...where we can fly with dragons!"

Everyone does so....and it just so happens they end up in Dragon Land.

Barney: Ok everyone, we are in Dragon Land!

Soon, they spot the cast of Dragon Tales.

Max and Emmy: Hi Barney!

Barney: Everyone, I want you to meet my two friends, Max and Emmy! They will show you all their friends and which one will get the invite!

Everyone says hi.

Barney: Now, let's see....

Barney takes a good glance at all the dragons.

First, he sees Zak and Wheezie.

Zak and Wheezie: Is that invite for us???

Barney: I'm afraid not my friends.

Cassie: Oh hi Barney!

Barney: Hi Cassie! I am looking for your other friend that isn't here...

Cassie: Well...he's invisible right now. I'll tell him to turn visible, he's scared of the new friends you have there.

Barney: Alright then. Ord? It's me, Barney! I have something to give to you!"

Ord then turns visible and then says

Ord: Oh hi everyone! I'm Ord! Welcome to Dragon Land!

Barney: Well Ord, Dash told me that I had the honor to give you an invite to this Brawltime party I'm in! I hope you would like to go!

Ord: Well, I'm a bit scared but...I'm big! I can do this!

Ord then takes the invite and then says confidently

Ord: "Time to show Barney's friends how brave I am!"

Ord then gets into his pose and then, this text pops up:

Introducing Ord! in the PBS Font and Molly stands next to it as Announcer Bunny says "Ord!"

The trailer then plays a modern-fish remix of the Dragon Tales theme.

Ord: Well, it's time for the Brawltime party!

We see footage of Ord's moveset, his light moves and specials for a bit. Then, it cuts to the Dragon Land stage.

Everyone from Dragon Tales: You can do it, Ord!

Ord: Glad you can all come to watch me be brave!

We then see Ord turn invisible during the fight which reveals an invisibility gimmick.

Max: Whenever Ord is scared, he turns invisible.

Then, a raincloud appears over Ord

Emmy: Even a raincloud will appear whenever he's all scared and sad. But, we know he can do this!

We then see other fun moments from the trailer including:

• Ord taunting with Digit, Hacker and Arthur as they all appeared on the PBS Kids Share A Story event in 2004.
  • Him battling with Big Bird and Elmo on Sesame Street as they are all characters owned by Sesame Workshop.
  • Him with the Norm the Number Gnome assist fighting Barney with the BJ assist on Dragon Land.
  • Him meeting the Kratt Brothers
Finally, it cuts to Ord doing his victory pose and him hugging Barney at the end.

Ord: Thank you Barney for the invite!

Barney: Your welcome, Ord!

Everyone comes in for a big group hug. Then, like at the end of the Barney Says segments in Season 4-6, Barney looks at the screen and says "And remember, I love you!"

Then, the trailer ends with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! cast by the logo and then Ord gets added to the artwork, before showing the copyrights and those stuff.

The trailer introduces:
  • Ord, his moveset and gimmick
  • Dragon Land as his homestage which is competitively viable
  • Norm the Number Gnome as an assist

Hope you all enjoyed the Ord reveal trailer I wrote! Now, it's time for the next job!

Job 92:

Submit an idea for a non-fighting/gameplay mode for PBS Kids: Brawltime! Basically an extra mode.

In the Smash Bros series, there have been modes that do not involve the typical gameplay and involve other forms of content including Trophies, Masterpieces, etc. Come up with a mode like that for Brawltime! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My idea:

PBS Kids Archives

Similar to the Masterpieces in Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Smash Bros for Wii U, this mode will allow you to watch full episodes from the PBS Kids franchises represented in the game. The best part, these are full episodes and not just small clips! They are full episodes due to PBS Kids's commitment to bring free educational entertainment to all households. Hence, why you never had to pay for PBS in a household back then! A super good mode for those wanting a trip down memory lane or discovering these shows for the first time. You fight as the characters, now watch the shows they came from!

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I do have something

Photo Album

This game's equivalent to the trophies from older smash bros games and the gallery from NASB, where you can view photos, renders and figurines of the playable characters, items, assists and even characters who appear on stages by clearing certain objectives or purchasing them with in game currency

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Ord trailer will be used and both the modes me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn came up with will be added. So, congrats to us! We'll do side jobs/discussion rounds in the future for those modes soon

Now, to the next job.

Job 92:

Submit two items: one passive and one aggressive. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My two items:

Passive Item: Dragonberries (Dragon Tales)

maxresdefault.jpg

A popular food in Dragon Land! It spawns often in large quantities and heals about 5% of the fighter's damage when consumed.

Aggressive Item: PBS Kids Letter Bus and Bus Stop (PBS Kids Channel IDs/Commercials/Bumpers)

hqdefault.jpg

This item is from a common PBS Kids ID that was used in the 2000s! An item that'll spawn rarely. When you pick up the bus in miniature form, it will grow big and allow for the letters to be dropped off at a bus stop. The bus will cause about 25% damage if it rams into an opponent and the letters will each give 5% damage to any fighter who gets hit by a letter. Great for stage control!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My items:

Passive: Blueberry Muffins (Molly of Denali)
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.20.47 PM (1).png

Spawns semi-frequently and heals 20% damage

Aggressive: Watermelon Bomb (Original item, but technically Dragon Tales, as I remembered there was an episode where the Dragon gang along with Max and Emmy were plowed and mauled by a giant watermelon)
pngkey.com-watermelon-png-7703001.png

Pretty much this game's Bob-Omb, which is just a standard explosive throwing item.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I have decided that both me and Pop’s items will be added into to the game.

Now, onto the next job:

Job 93:

Submit a stage from an unrepresented series in the game. This series will not receive a fighter in the game. Describe the layouts, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage idea:

The Big Harbor/Harbour (Theodore Tugboat)

6309A5EE-6013-4638-86BB-8F0F63E2D9C0.jpeg

Theodore Tugboat is an obscure Canadian children’s show that aired on PBS for about 5 years from 1996-2001. I feel the franchise would not have anyone viable as a fighter so a stage will do. I also personally loved the show growing up and owned VHS tapes. Also, the show itself was made by one of the people who helped make Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends being Robert Cardona.

Basically, it’s the Tortimer Island of the game. You fight on The Great Ocean Dock in the harbor. You can even see The Dispatcher on the dock. He will sometimes rotate and if you get into his way, you will get damage from him. If you fall in the water, your fighter would struggle to swim and will be KOd. Occasionally, Theodore, Foduck, Hank, George or Emily will appear by the dock which you can fight on them similar to the Tortimer Island boat and then just sail away.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
The Electric Company
1657591337479.png

Another iconic show on PBS Kids that is fondly remembered by those who grew up with the channel in its early days and is produced by Sesame Workshop. I don't have a layout in mind for it, but I felt that it needed some representation in the game in some form.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I have decided that both me and Pop’s items will be added into to the game.

Now, onto the next job:

Job 93:

Submit a stage from an unrepresented series in the game. This series will not receive a fighter in the game. Describe the layouts, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

My stage idea:

The Big Harbor/Harbour (Theodore Tugboat)

View attachment 356384

Theodore Tugboat is an obscure Canadian children’s show that aired on PBS for about 5 years from 1996-2001. I feel the franchise would not have anyone viable as a fighter so a stage will do. I also personally loved the show growing up and owned VHS tapes. Also, the show itself was made by one of the people who helped make Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends being Robert Cardona.

Basically, it’s the Tortimer Island of the game. You fight on The Great Ocean Dock in the harbor. You can even see The Dispatcher on the dock. He will sometimes rotate and if you get into his way, you will get damage from him. If you fall in the water, your fighter would struggle to swim and will be KOd. Occasionally, Theodore, Foduck, Hank, George or Emily will appear by the dock which you can fight on them similar to the Tortimer Island boat and then just sail away.
The Electric Company
View attachment 356393

Another iconic show on PBS Kids that is fondly remembered by those who grew up with the channel in its early days and is produced by Sesame Workshop. I don't have a layout in mind for it, but I felt that it needed some representation in the game in some form.
Alright, I will close Job 93. Please vote for the stage you want to see in PBS Kids: Brawltime! I personally voted for my stage since I feel we should get an Electric Company rep for sure to complete the early PBS trifecta (Big Bird, Mr. Rogers and an Electric Company character I have in mind).

Stage Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 94:

Write/design Chapter 3 for our story mode.

Put those writing skills to the test and remember, as always; use your imagination!

I do not know if I said this before but my idea won for Chapter 2 for the story mode if I recall correctly. Therefore, my idea for Chapter 2 will be used.

Chapter 3

Dimensions Beyond Our Imagination: Anomaly Into Cyberspace

We start after Barney and the Kratts enter the forest as the camera zooms us into another dimension....

We now enter a very cyberspace-fish world where all is black and white...except for Digit. Digit is seen all sad and lonely when suddenly...he sees Hacker.

Hacker: My minions are gone...now how will I rule cyberspace?

Hacker then looks at Digit.

Hacker: My old colleague, what is it that you need?

Digit: Cyberspace is gone! And so, is Motherboard!!! The Didge does not know what to do!!!

Suddenly, a strange purple-ish figure being the Anomaly possess Hacker making him attack Digit.

Digit: What's gotten into you, Hacker? I must get you back to your senses!

Then, after the cutscene, you play as Digit to find against the possessed Hacker.

After the battle, Hacker returns to his senses.

Digit: That does it! I suppose we will have to work together to get back the world of Cyberspace and my friends.

Hacker: Well, I want our world back to...just so I can rule Cyberspace!!!

Digit: Fair enough, but you will not win Hacker! And besides, you cannot worry about that right now. Let's find out where this purple thing is coming from. After all...it has to have came from somewhere.

Then, you go through a platforming section of the Cyberspace-is area where you fight the Anomaly's enslaved minions.

After the platforming section:

Digit: We must take cover after all before we get subtracted! We need to come up with a formula to take them all down!

Hacker: Fair enough, but don't make a math reference at this time.

They soon hide and it fades to black.

Thus, this ends Chapter 3.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I normally wanted to contribute to this job, but I've decided to abstain from this one for this time, since I wanna have someone else their chance.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, so The Big Harbour won the stage poll and my idea for Chapter 3 will be used for the story mode so congrats to me. Now, PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will do the honor of introducting our next character job as thus he is back from his vacation.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, now that I'm back, I'll go ahead and do the honors:

Job 95: Submit a character that debuted on a show that aired on the PBS Kids Bookworm Bunch! This is a potentially a very interesting and exciting one, as we're going to dive into the way more obscure side of PBS Kids! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

You can refer to this page for reference to the shows on that block!

My Submission:
Timothy (Timothy Goes to School)
latest.png

His show revolves around his adventures in his kindergarten class at school, that's all I really have to say about his show's premise, lol.

I don't particularly have a solid reason why I chose him, but I decided I wanted to submit a character from a show that I had just heard about, likely because it's just so obscure. Plus, as a kid, I had always loved books and shows about anthropomorphic animals with clothes and doing all kinds of stuff that humans do, usually things related to elementary school.

I kinda envision his moveset akin to Villager/Isabelle, but he uses things like school supplies and just doing things what kids in kindergarten tend to do.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 95

Marvin (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

images.jpeg

Marvin is a horse well known for tap-dancing as well as known for his fast talking. He has performed everywhere from Broadway to movies and now performs at a carnival. The show only aired from 2000 to 2004 thus making it super obscure. The show is based on a book of the same name, believe it or not.

While Marvin is obscure, I feel he will fulfill the niche of a quadrupedal and capoeira-based fighter, two fighter archetypes that are rarely seen in platform fighters. I envision his moveset involving tap-dancing as well as maybe a timing gimmick for his dance moves. Overall, I feel Marvin would be a super unique choice.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
View attachment 355008

Papa Bear (Berenstain Bears)

The patriarch of the bear family. He attacks with using bear moves and honey. Oh, and of course carpenting attacks.
Ok, now that I'm back, I'll go ahead and do the honors:

Job 95: Submit a character that debuted on a show that aired on the PBS Kids Bookworm Bunch! This is a potentially a very interesting and exciting one, as we're going to dive into the way more obscure side of PBS Kids! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

You can refer to this page for reference to the shows on that block!

My Submission:
Timothy (Timothy Goes to School)
View attachment 356638

His show revolves around his adventures in his kindergarten class at school, that's all I really have to say about his show's premise, lol.

I don't particularly have a solid reason why I chose him, but I decided I wanted to submit a character from a show that I had just heard about, likely because it's just so obscure. Plus, as a kid, I had always loved books and shows about anthropomorphic animals with clothes and doing all kinds of stuff that humans do, usually things related to elementary school.

I kinda envision his moveset akin to Villager/Isabelle, but he uses things like school supplies and just doing things what kids in kindergarten tend to do.
Job 95

Marvin (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

View attachment 356639

Marvin is a horse well known for tap-dancing as well as known for his fast talking. He has performed everywhere from Broadway to movies and now performs at a carnival. The show only aired from 2000 to 2004 thus making it super obscure. The show is based on a book of the same name, believe it or not.

While Marvin is obscure, I feel he will fulfill the niche of a quadrupedal and capoeira-based fighter, two fighter archetypes that are rarely seen in platform fighters. I envision his moveset involving tap-dancing as well as maybe a timing gimmick for his dance moves. Overall, I feel Marvin would be a super unique choice.
Alright, so I will close Job 95. For those wondering, I decided to add the submission Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy meant to submit back when we submitted newcomer prompts. So, I just decided to throw it in here for more options. Anyway, you all know the drill. Vote for your top 2. However, you can only put your own in second.

Papa Bear (Berenstain Bears) Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy
Timothy (Timothy Goes to School) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Marvin (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

1. Timothy (I remember watching Timothy Goes to School sometimes after discovering it. Cute show and I feel we could a lightweight after we got Ord.)
2. Marvin (Self-vote but I really feel Marvin would be a super unique fighter. He will cover two archetypes we do not see in platform fighters all that much. Plus, more representation for obscure PBS Kids series.)

Shout-out to Papa Bear. I did have an idea for a Berenstain Bears fighter initially due to how iconic the franchise is. However, Marvin just seemed like the better pick for me to be fair.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, voting is closed.

Papa Bear: 4
Timothy: 2
Marvin: 6

The tap-dancing and fast-talking horse himself, Marvin will be our 17th fighter so congrats to me! Now, for the next job:

Job 96:

Design/create a homestage for Marvin. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage idea:

Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival

Carnival.jpg

The stage will be a traveling stage focusing on many locations of the carnival. This carnival is where Marvin performs. Various locations traveled to include:

-The rollercoasters in which the cars are hazards and deal damage

-The Ferris wheel in which the cars on there are platforms

-The merry-go-round which the horses are platforms

-And the big top where you go to a stage layout where Marvin performs. Various performers come out as hazards.

Then, it goes back to the beginning.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, my stage idea for Marvin will be used. Seems like no one else submitted an idea. Now, for the next job. We will do a job for assists now but a little different.

Job 97:

Submit two assists: one assist from Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse and one assist from an unrepresented series from the Bookworm Bunch. The top voted assist from each category will be added!

My assists:

Diamonds the Elephant (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

Unknown.jpeg

Diamonds will follow you around on the beach ball she balances on. When the assist meter is full, she will roll into the opponent causing a lot of damage.

Papa Q. Bear (Berenstain Bears)

7b3a58210b150ca1ebe91dfad9616f60.jpg

The Berenstain Bears definitely deserve something this game because the show is super iconic. Papa Q. Bear will follow the opponent around giving them honey to heal them (heals 5%). When the assist meter is full, Papa Q. Bear will do carpentry work with honey and attack the opponents.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, for my assists:

Elizabeth the Emotional Pig (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)
1658363770659.png

She's all about reacting to how well the fighter she is assisting performs! If the fighter she is assisting gets KO'd or has something very bad happen to them, she will preform a quick cry animation to really get the emotion going for her. If the fighter she is assisting preforms something really good, such as KO'ing another fighter after a successful combo or making a perfect dodge, she'll get really happy and reward the fighter she is assisting with a positive effect, such as health recovery or a random stat buff!

Corduroy
1658364081480.png

This cute, child-minded teddy bear just LOVES to latch on to other fighters! Unfortunately, that'll slow their movement speed and hinder their jumping abilities, allowing the fighter he is assisting to really go in for the heavy hit!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Been a while since I wrote one of these so it's a time for another Meet the Fighters script! This time, it's for Digit!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Digit!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with the 12 characters so far revealed on it.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Digit and Hacker idling on the Cyberspace stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we have none other than the cybird of the CyberSquad, Digit!

Cuts to footage of Digit gameplay while narrator explains Digit's play style.

Digit is a heavier-lightweight character that, although he has a bird-like appearance, he does not posses the greatest air game (It's just slightly-above-normal to say the least), but he still can perform 3 jumps in the air and has slightly-above-average speed, qualifying him as a lighter all-around character. True to the theme of his show, his special attacks are themed around the various math topics that he and the 3 kids have solved in the show! His standard attacks are all tied to his agile and fast, albeit kinda clumsy movement style.

Cuts to footage of Cyberchase clips with Digit in them.

Digit is the deurtagonist of Cyberchase and has recruited three humans from Earth being Matt, Inez and Jackie. He has taught the many viewers of Cyberchase various math skills and topics. In fact, Digit himself was created by Hacker who worked for Motherboard. He will be covered in the next video. However...Digit turned his back on Hacker and the bad guys and became the Motherboard's most trusted assistant. Therefore, we all consider him the savior of Cyberspace. Never fear though because the Didge is here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Digit and Hacker idling on the Cyberspace stage.

Now, let's go over Digit's moveset. First, let us go over his light moves.

His Light Neutral is "The Didge Wing Slash-Kick".

Digit does the move.

Digit throws 2 wing slashes before unleashing a kick. The strong variant of the move Digit do a downward slash with both of his wings, like Falco's side-smash.

His Light Up is "Cyber Roundhouse Kick".

Digit does the move.

Digit performs a roundhouse kick upward. The strong variant is simply a stronger, harder-hitting version of the move.

His Light Down is "The Didge Tornado."

Digit does the move.

Digit performs a twirling drill tornado that multihits and launches fighters at the end of the attack animation. The strong variant of the move has Digit spinning around for longer in addition to more launch power.

We have covered all of Digit's light moves. Now, onward to his specials.

His Neutral Special is "Math Problem Toss".

Digit does the move.

Digit holds up a number above his wing that starts at 1 and increases by 1 the longer the special move button is held, with the max count up to 9. The second time the move is used (After he decides the first number), he will hold an addition sign, a subtraction sign and a multiplication sign above his wing, which can be cycled by pressing the special attack button, and the sign is selected when Digit holds the designated sign up for 2 seconds. The third time the move is used after the prior 2 are selected will have Digit again holds up a number above his wing that starts at 1 and increases by 1 the longer the special move button is held, with the max count up to 9. Once the equation is finished, it calculates into a number orb that Digit can throw, with the damage the orb deals being equivalent to the answer of the equation Digit built up! Go for that 81% damage by building up the max 9x9!

His Up Special is "Raising the Bar".

Digit does the move.

Digit summons a bar graph below him, with the middle bar propelling him upwards and the left and right bars launching fighters upward. Can be charged up for stronger, higher bars, resulting in more vertical recovery distance and more upward attack coverage.

His Down Special is "Frantic Fractions".

Digit does the move.

Digit holds up a random fraction above his wing before having the fraction absorb into himself. While in this state, any damage he takes is reduced by the amount of the fraction he absorbed, for example, if Digit absorbs a 1/4, all damage he takes are reduced by 25%, and if Digit absorbs a 1/2, than all damage he takes are halved! Effect wears off after 10 seconds and digit must wait for 5 seconds before using it again.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Digit and Hacker idling on the Cyberspace stage.

Now, that we covered his moveset, here is his taunt.

Digit does his taunt.

It seems Digit is showing us his math skills with a calculator. Good job, Digit! Now, let's take a look at his alternate costumes.

We see a Digit with the colors of Matt, a Digit with the colors of Inez, a Digit with the colors of Jackie and Digit with his bedwear

As you can see, Digit's alternate costumes are based off of the members of the CyberSquad, Matt, Inez and Jackie! They all have the respective colors of those characters. For the last alternate costume, Digit is seen wearing his bedwear as seen in the Cyberchase episodes, A Recipe for Chaos and Plantasauraus!.

Finally, we will take a look at Digit's home stage which is, of course, Cyberspace! The stage itself travels through the various locations of this super-cyber world. You will see all sorts of locations and even see Motherboard herself. This stage is a flat surface with a single platform in the middle. This stage is perfect for tournaments or if you just want a serious match.

Now that we have covered everything, it's time to see Digit put his math knowledge and skills to the test in a real match!

It then cuts to the Digit vs Hacker pre-battle screen. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing the Cyberspace stage and footage of Digit in action. Digit wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Digit doing his victory animation and Hacker clapping.

That is Digit in action! We hope you enjoyed this video and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, my stage idea for Marvin will be used. Seems like no one else submitted an idea. Now, for the next job. We will do a job for assists now but a little different.

Job 97:

Submit two assists: one assist from Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse and one assist from an unrepresented series from the Bookworm Bunch. The top voted assist from each category will be added!

My assists:

Diamonds the Elephant (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

View attachment 356976

Diamonds will follow you around on the beach ball she balances on. When the assist meter is full, she will roll into the opponent causing a lot of damage.

Papa Q. Bear (Berenstain Bears)

View attachment 356977

The Berenstain Bears definitely deserve something this game because the show is super iconic. Papa Q. Bear will follow the opponent around giving them honey to heal them (heals 5%). When the assist meter is full, Papa Q. Bear will do carpentry work with honey and attack the opponents.
Alright, for my assists:

Elizabeth the Emotional Pig (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)
View attachment 356984
She's all about reacting to how well the fighter she is assisting performs! If the fighter she is assisting gets KO'd or has something very bad happen to them, she will preform a quick cry animation to really get the emotion going for her. If the fighter she is assisting preforms something really good, such as KO'ing another fighter after a successful combo or making a perfect dodge, she'll get really happy and reward the fighter she is assisting with a positive effect, such as health recovery or a random stat buff!

Corduroy
View attachment 356985
This cute, child-minded teddy bear just LOVES to latch on to other fighters! Unfortunately, that'll slow their movement speed and hinder their jumping abilities, allowing the fighter he is assisting to really go in for the heavy hit!
Alright, I will close the assist job. Please vote for what assist you want from each category:

Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse Assist:
Diamonds the Elephant AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Elizabeth the Emotional Pig PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse Assist Poll

Bookworm Bunch Assist
Papa Q. Bear (Berenstain Bears) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Corduroy PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Bookworm Bunch Assist Poll

Now...it's time for the next job.

Job 98:

Submit a moveset for Marvin. I envision him with some capoeira-ish gimmick with some fast-talking skills. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will leave Marvin moveset ideas open for another day/someone submits a moveset. In the meantime, I will pose another job for those not wanting to submit a moveset.

Job 99:

Submit a stage from a PBS Bookworm Bunch TV show. It cannot be from Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage idea:

Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom (Timothy Goes to School)

KA1C--T5gh6UdUjnE0aVHLIDGqmXF0VhoqnbMZLIAwM.jpg.jpg

The stage would be a walkout stage taking place in the classroom. The students will be running around as hazards and the liking. The piano can be attacked and it can strike some notes when hit. Overall, we still need a school (Classroom) based stage so I thought a Timothy Goes to School stage would work best.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sorry If I'm late on this, but here are my submissions:

Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
Series: Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
Debut: Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse, Eddy's Job ( September 30, 2000 )

1658538000161.png

"When the lights go down, I'm ready to preform..."

Marvin is quite the heavyweight, being hard to launch and falling faster than others, but is he can actually jump more gracefully than others and he can gallop very fast too!

Gimmicks:
Aside from most of his attacks being circus themed, he has this gimmick where true to his dancing skills, most of his special moves are more effective when timed correctly, and his standard attacks are designed in a way that he combos to a certain beat that requires good timing between button presses. Think of him like a platform-fighter character with Crypt of the Necrodancer mechanics!

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Marvin lunges his hooves forward as if he's dancing by swinging his front hooves forward. The strong variant has Marvin do a stronger hoof swing that has a taller hitbox as well.

Light Up: Marvin performs a hoof-stand while lunging his hind hooves upward. Strong variant of the move has Marvin lunging his hooves upward ahrder, and has some serious launching power!

Light Down: Marvin strikes with one front hoof forward and one hind hoof behind him, striking anyone on both sides of him. Strong variant of the move has Marvin do stronger strikes with both hooves.

Neutral Special: Marvin takes a backflip leap in the air and when the special move button is pressed again, Marvin can perform a super-strong buckaroo kick that has very high-knockback. When timed at the very right moment, the kick is ridiculously strong, but that requires some deadly timing and being really precise.

Up Special: Marvin does a flutter with his legs in order to float upward, but when the special move button is pressed again, Marvin can perform an aeriel pose with its power dependent on button timing.

Down Special: Marvin simply tap-dances! This causes nearby opponents to constantly trip when they are near Marvin. When the special move button is pressed again, Marvin preforms a big stomp on the ground with a striking pose that launches opponents on both sides of Marvin, with its power dependent on button timing

Entrance: Marvin can be seen coming out of a little circus tent, being accompanied by Eddy, who waves goodbye to Marvin after they leave the tent before Eddy and the circus tent disappears.

Taunt: Marvin performs a horse stretch. He needs a good stretch before doing more dancing!

Victory: Marvin can be seen under multiple spotlights bowing before the crowds, who throw roses and confetti at him, and Eddy, Diamonds, Elizabeth and Stripes are all there to congratulate Marvin!

Defeat: Marvin applauds the winner.

Job 99: Bear Country (The Berenstain Bears)
screenshot.1.jpg

"Somewhere deep in Bear Countryyyyyy........lives the....."

I imagine its stage layout like Onett, with the various buildings and houses serving as platforms, including the Berenstain Bears' house!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, a few updates.

Elizabeth the Emotional Pig and Papa Q. Bear will be added as assists so congrats to me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for getting those assists in. Also, Pop's moveset will be used for Marvin. Now, vote for the Bookworm Bunch stage you want in the game.

I will leave Marvin moveset ideas open for another day/someone submits a moveset. In the meantime, I will pose another job for those not wanting to submit a moveset.

Job 99:

Submit a stage from a PBS Bookworm Bunch TV show. It cannot be from Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage idea:

Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom (Timothy Goes to School)

View attachment 357132

The stage would be a walkout stage taking place in the classroom. The students will be running around as hazards and the liking. The piano can be attacked and it can strike some notes when hit. Overall, we still need a school (Classroom) based stage so I thought a Timothy Goes to School stage would work best.
Sorry If I'm late on this, but here are my submissions:

Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
Series: Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
Debut: Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse, Eddy's Job ( September 30, 2000 )

View attachment 357136
"When the lights go down, I'm ready to preform..."

Marvin is quite the heavyweight, being hard to launch and falling faster than others, but is he can actually jump more gracefully than others and he can gallop very fast too!

Gimmicks:
Aside from most of his attacks being circus themed, he has this gimmick where true to his dancing skills, most of his special moves are more effective when timed correctly, and his standard attacks are designed in a way that he combos to a certain beat that requires good timing between button presses. Think of him like a platform-fighter character with Crypt of the Necrodancer mechanics!

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Marvin lunges his hooves forward as if he's dancing by swinging his front hooves forward. The strong variant has Marvin do a stronger hoof swing that has a taller hitbox as well.

Light Up: Marvin performs a hoof-stand while lunging his hind hooves upward. Strong variant of the move has Marvin lunging his hooves upward ahrder, and has some serious launching power!

Light Down: Marvin strikes with one front hoof forward and one hind hoof behind him, striking anyone on both sides of him. Strong variant of the move has Marvin do stronger strikes with both hooves.

Neutral Special: Marvin takes a backflip leap in the air and when the special move button is pressed again, Marvin can perform a super-strong buckaroo kick that has very high-knockback. When timed at the very right moment, the kick is ridiculously strong, but that requires some deadly timing and being really precise.

Up Special: Marvin does a flutter with his legs in order to float upward, but when the special move button is pressed again, Marvin can perform an aeriel pose with its power dependent on button timing.

Down Special: Marvin simply tap-dances! This causes nearby opponents to constantly trip when they are near Marvin. When the special move button is pressed again, Marvin preforms a big stomp on the ground with a striking pose that launches opponents on both sides of Marvin, with its power dependent on button timing

Entrance: Marvin can be seen coming out of a little circus tent, being accompanied by Eddy, who waves goodbye to Marvin after they leave the tent before Eddy and the circus tent disappears.

Taunt: Marvin performs a horse stretch. He needs a good stretch before doing more dancing!

Victory: Marvin can be seen under multiple spotlights bowing before the crowds, who throw roses and confetti at him, and Eddy, Diamonds, Elizabeth and Stripes are all there to congratulate Marvin!

Defeat: Marvin applauds the winner.

Job 99: Bear Country (The Berenstain Bears)
View attachment 357139

"Somewhere deep in Bear Countryyyyyy........lives the....."

I imagine its stage layout like Onett, with the various buildings and houses serving as platforms, including the Berenstain Bears' house!
Mrs Jenkins's Classroom (Timothy Goes to School) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Bear Country (The Berenstain Bears) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Bookworm Bunch Stage Poll

Now, time for the next job:

Job 100:

Write/design Chapter 4 for our story mode.

Put those writing skills to the test and remember, as always; use your imagination!

Chapter 4:

Anomaly In Double; Girls in Trouble

We start the chapter by seeing WordGirl flying around with Captain Huggyface trying to find this mysterious Anomaly. She felt really bad she couldn't rescue her family in time.

WordGirl: Oh goodness, just don't feel super today. What must I do about this world of nothingness and no one to save?

Then, we go forward where we see a science teacher with a crazy purple dress on just measuring something with a ruler to keep her entertained in the world of nothingness.

WordGirl: Are you stuck here too?

Ms. Frizzle: Why, yes. I lost all my students and even my school bus! Science is still with me though. I am Ms. Frizzle by the way!

WordGirl: Well, nice to meet you Ms. Frizzle, I'm WordGirl, the superhero of vocabulary! My real name is Becky though but don't tell anyone!

Ms. Frizzle: Well, nice to meet you Becky. It seems we are in the same situation when some strange purple creature took over our worlds. Let's investigate where this source is coming from.

The cutscene stops and you choose from WordGirl or Ms. Frizzle and complete a platforming section fighting the Anomaly's enslaved minions.

After the platforming section...we then see the girls in a setting familiar to Birdwell island.

Ms. Frizzle: I cannot say for sure but....this place does seem awfully familiar to me.

WordGirl then notices something.

WordGirl: Frizzle, look!

Soon, she notices a big purple dog-like creature with three other smaller dogs on him. It turns out Clifford, T-Bone, Cleo and Mac were all created into one big dog-like mister.

Ms. Frizzle: Oh goodness, it's on Clifford too. Well, I will rescue you Clifford. After all, as I always say, take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!

You then choose between WordGirl or Ms. Frizzle and then you fight against the Clifford with dogs boss.

After the boss fight:

Clifford and his friends soon turn back to their regular forms.

Clifford: Wow, I feel...better now. Thank you guys. But, I still miss Emily Elizabeth.

T-Bone: Yeah, now I can go back to eating more dog food.

Cleo: What do you say, Clifford? Let's go back to playing fetch.

Mac: Yeah, after all, we need some doggy fun during these times.

Ms. Frizzle: You are all quite welcome, we have a mystery to solve though.

WordGirl: After all, Mr. Gargantuan Dog...

Clifford: I'm Clifford.

WordGirl: Well, Clifford, I'm glad I could save you but we have our worlds to save and we will save this island too.

WordGirl, Ms. Frizzle and Clifford part ways and WordGirl and Ms. Friuzzle continue on their hunt for The Anomaly.

End of Chapter 4

I knew I had to make a story mode chapter with the Scholastic girls and a Clifford boss making it the ultimate PBS/Scholastic crossover here.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My version:

Chapter 4:

Doggy Double-Anomaly Trouble

We see Wordgirl just flying around with Captain Huggyface trying to find the Anomaly, while she was also very sad that her home was destroyed and all of her friends and family, as well as her greatest villains and arch-enemies, were all captured and enslaved by the Anomaly, and she couldn't rescue them all in time, due to the Anomaly being too fast and powerful.

Wordgirl: Well Huggy, all is gone for the two of us, our home, our family, our greatest enemies, and even Violet. They were all token by this big purple gooey thing! And now we're in a world where we can't feel super, since there's NO ONE to save!

We then see a familiar science teacher in a purple dress stop by a lake to fill up a plastic bottle with water to stay hydrated in this big, empty world. The plastic bottle she has is actually a special water bottle that can filter the water and separate the dirty stuff and only leave behind the fresh water.

WordGirl: Woah! Uhhh, hello? You in that crazy science dress, you! I just hope you're not scheming anything wrong!

Ms. Frizzle: Oh! Oh my! I've never seen a superhero girl before, let alone someone named Weatherman! Who are you, mysterious girl?

WordGirl: Well, hello woman with that fancy science dress! I'm Wordgirl, I specialize vocabulary as my superpowers! And who are you?

Ms. Frizzle: Well, nice to meet you Wordgirl! Ms. Frizzle here! At your service. You see, I'm kind of in a mess here. I lost all my students and even my school bus! Science is still with me though.

Wordgirl: That happened to me and Huggy too! All my friends are gone. They were taken by this big purple gooey monster thing!

Ms. Frizzle: It seems we are in the same situation when some strange purple creature took over, and possibly destroyed our worlds. Let's go and investigate where this source is coming from.

Wordgirl: Roger that, Friz!

The cutscene stops and you choose from WordGirl or Ms. Frizzle and complete a platforming section fighting the Anomaly's enslaved minions.

After the platforming section...we then see the girls in a setting very reminiscent of Birdwell island.

Ms. Frizzle: I cannot say for sure but....this place does seem awfully familiar to me.

WordGirl then notices something.

WordGirl: Ms. Frizzle, look!

The girls then see and come across a big red dog with a glowing purple aura around him as well as having glowing purple eyes without pupils. Attached and chained on to that big red dog by purple glowing chains are 3 other regular-sized dogs, being a small yellow Bulldog, a purple Poodle and a blue Greyhound. Also chained to the big red dog are their owners as well (Sheriff Lewis, Mrs. Diller and Jetta Handover). We then see a blonde-hair girl with a pink-magenta shirt and socks and a black skirt, who is also surrounded by a glowing purple aura and having glowing purple eyes just like everyone else chained to the big red dog, come up on top of the big red dog who is also enslaved by the Anomaly and is ready to take command of the big red dog, as well as everyone else chained to him.

Enslaved Emily Elizabeth: S̸̢͈̲͓̎Ú̴̡̡͕̮̠̠͕͗F̸̨̲͕͓͔̍̉̀F̷̮͒̃͜Ẽ̴̩̫͉̯̠͒̉̓̕̚͜͠Ȅ̵̼̟̩̯͙È̷̛̟͕͍̯͒É̴͓͇̟͉̇E̴͉͕̖̯͗͆͗́́͝Ȩ̴͔͈̖̠̺̐̋̌̕̕Ĕ̴͈̽̿̆Ȩ̸̛̤͚̮̾̿̾̂͠E̸̗̊̉̓E̵̮̓͆̐̓͘͜Ŗ̵̜̥̦̠̱̐.̷̛̺̩̝͕ ̴̛̣̎́͂̈́Y̴̨̾̇͛͝Ǫ̵͚̊̐̋U̸͓͎͐̄̑́͊̌͝ ̴̨̠̲̺͖̭̓͊̓W̷̗̦͂͒͠I̴̼͔̫̤̻̩̍̀́͝L̵̤̬͍̙̇̉̉̚͠L̶͓̟̽̿̒͆͘̚͠ ̷͖̗͍̊̀̓͘A̷̫̞͓̖͊̂̃̈́͂̈́͠L̷̜͈͎͙̬̫̋ͅL̸͖͍̩̤̙̓̉͛̐͗̕͝ ̶͙͕͚̣̞̦̌̏͊S̸̭̫͓̹͍͍͊̽̔̌͘ͅṶ̶͓̺̬̤͎̿̌ͅF̷̫̫̠̞̠͔́F̴̞̦͍͚̠̽͌͗̈́́͘E̸̡̛̼̯̱͙͔̯͋̏̿͂Ṛ̴̹͎̦͊̐!̵̞̻̜̠̌͋

Wordgirl: Oh my! I looks like that purple gooey monster thing has reached out to more worlds besides ours! Come on, Friz! Let's take this chance to save someone and for the day!

You then choose between WordGirl or Ms. Frizzle and then you fight against the Clifford with dogs and owners boss.

After the boss fight:

Clifford drops down, feeling weak after the battle. Wordgirl and Ms. Frizzle were just about to celebrate their victory when then, ANOTHER big red dog enslaved by the Anomaly comes out of somewhere with a similar enslaved blonde-hair girl on top of its head as well as with other dogs being chained to it, being a Australian Shepard and a Dalmatian, and 3 other kids (Samantha, Jack and Pablo). The other big red dog begins to run towards the girls.

Wordgirl: Oh boy, you can't be serious, there's ANOTHER?!

Just as the other big red dog was about to reach Wordgirl and Ms. Frizzle, the Anomaly intervened and stopped the other big red dog, knowing that the strength between both girls maybe no match for the other big red dog too, before commanding both big red dogs to come to it and they all continue searching the lands for more innocents to capture and enslave.

Ms. Frizzle: Hmmmmm...It seems that those who were captured by the big purple goo monster will very only obey that. That's interesting.

Wordgirl. Oh wow, now that I know all my friends seem to be in influence of this purple gooey monster thing, that means probably I can get them back to their senses! Maybe I can save the day after all!

Ms. Frizzle: That's the spirit, Wordgirl! Now, maybe we should go further and find a way to defeat that big purple fiend and save all of those we love!

Wordgirl: I'm on it!

WordGirl and Ms. Frizzle continue on their investigation of how to free the others from The Anomaly.

End of Chapter 4

Main differences in my version of chapter 4 compared to AlteredBeast's:
-Wordgirl shows some concerns about her enemies and the villains as well, as she sees the Anomaly as a much greater threat then those she has faced against.
-Wordgirl not only laments on not saving her family, but her friends as well.
-Wordgirl does not reveal her secret identity to Ms. Frizzle, as she's pretty sensitive about revealing her normal self to people she doesn't know.
-Not only are the other 3 dogs attached to an enslaved Clifford, but his and the other dogs' owners as well
-The Clifford from the 2019 reboot also makes an appearance along with other characters from that show. While I know people didn't like that series, I still felt I had to include that version of Clifford in some form.
-Wordgirl and Ms. Frizzle don't free Clifford from the Anomaly's grasp, as it has been so long since they were enslaved, so their restraints were just to strong for them to get free.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I feel we will use Pop's version of Chapter 4 for the story mode due to it being more detailed and interesting so congrats to him! Now, for the next two jobs. Also, Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom will be added as our Bookworm Bunch stage so congrats to me!

Job 101:

Submit two items: one passive and one aggressive.

Side job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Marvin.

My items:

Passive:
Honey (Berenstain Bears)

2bwnhb3.jpg

To stick with the Bookworm Bunch theme, I thought why not make honey a passive item? It's the Berenstain Bears's favorite food! Jars appear semi-frequently and will heal 10% when picked up when spawned.

Aggressive: The Portashrinker (The Magic School Bus)

Portashrinker_bogbeast.jpg

Basically it's the aggressive version of the Poison Mushroom. It will spawn on the stage and a fighter can grab it. Once grabbed, you can aim it at an opponent to make them tiny for a temporary period of time. Surprised we didn't add this item yet.

I will write the Marvin reveal trailer later on another post most likely. I have an idea for his trailer unless someone is sharing the same idea as me.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, now I will write my trailer script for Marvin. Item and trailer script submissions will stay open until tomorrow. Get on submitting!

Marvin Reveal:

A Trip to The Carnival But With A Brawltime Party!

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly and Ord) by the logo.

We then go into gameplay footage of Mr. Rogers fighting various fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

We see a quick montage of him fighting various fighters including:

• Big Bird and Elmo on the Sesame Street Stage
  • Arthur and Lionel on the Once Upon a Restaurant Stage
  • Ord on the Dragon Land Stage
  • Digit and Hacker on the Cyberchase stage
  • And WordGirl and Ms. Frizzle on The Magic School Bus stage
It then cuts to Announcer Bunny saying: "Aaaaaaaaanouncer Bunny here telling you that Mr. Rogers has been spreading kindness at the Brawltime party! This has been Announcer Bunny saying, it's a beautiful day in this neighborhood!" He then pops back into his magic hat.

We then cut to the fact that the montage was played on a TV screen on the Mr. Rogers set where Mr. Rogers will play videos given to him by Mr. McFeely sometimes on episodes of Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood. We then see Mr. Rogers (played by a really good Mr. Rogers impersonator, most likely Tom Hanks) take out the tape and look at the screen.

Mr. Rogers: Those were some of the friends I met at Dash's Brawltime party! Now, all of them like different things and have different talents.I want to talk to you about some of them that I met there!

He then brings out a poster with pictures of Lionel, Ord, Chris and Martin and Molly.

He first points to the picture of Lionel.

Mr. Rogers: This is Lionel. He is a lion cub who loves to read and is very good at it. He is also really helpful and loves this story about a man named Cliff Hanger.

He then points to the picture of Ord.

Mr. Rogers: This is Ord. Ord may seem scary because he is a dragon but he has a big heart. He gets scared sometimes but knows staying calm will help him.

He then points to the picture of Chris and Martin.

Mr. Rogers: These two are named Chris and Martin. People know them as The Kratt Brothers. They love animals and use their talents to help out animals in need. They also have animal abilities they use when rescuing animals and when learning about them!

Finally, he points to a picture of Molly.

Mr. Rogers: Finally, this is Molly. She's a young Native American from Alaska who loves going on adventures. She makes videos about her talents and what she learns from them. She wants people to do amazing things!

He then puts the poster away.

Mr. Rogers: Now, I want to introduce you all to another friend I met not too long ago. He is right now at a carnival right in our neighborhood. Let us go see him.

Mr. Rogers then heads out the door and archived footage from Episode 1585: Alike and Different where it zooms out to the neighborhood set and it zooms into a circus tent.

We then see Mr. Rogers walking around the carnival until he bumps into a man named Fast-Talking Jack.

Mr. Rogers: Hi Jack!

Jack: Oh, hi Fred!

Mr. Rogers: Everyone, I want you to meet my friend Jack! He is the owner of the carnival here and he wants us to meet my new friend!

Jack: Yes, right this way Mr. Rogers! I'm the owner of the carnival here!

They then go into the circus tent where they see a tap-dancing horse getting ready for a show.

Mr. Rogers then decides to pet the horse for a bit.

Marvin: Oh hi Fred!

Mr. Rogers: Everyone, I want you to meet Marvin! Now, Marvin, tell my new friends what you do!

Marvin: Well, I'm a horse who loves to tap-dance as well as talk really fast.

Mr. Rogers: Would you mind showing my new friends some of your talents?

Marvin: Absolutely! Time for the lights to shine down and it's time for me to perform!

Marvin gets into a pose just as the text pops up:

Introducing Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse! in the PBS Font and Molly stands next to it as Announcer Bunny says "Marvin!"

We then cut to gameplay footage of Marvin where we see his gameplay gimmick being timing and capoeric themed. A remixed version of the Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse theme song is playing in the background.

Mr. Rogers: You are really special, Marvin!

Marvin: Thanks Fred!

We then cut to other scenes such as:

• Marvin with the Elizabeth the Emotional Pig assist fighting against Lionel with the Chicken Jane assist
  • Him doing some dance moves against the Angelina Ballerina assist
  • Him on the Magic School Bus stage fighting against Ms. Frizzle and Digit
  • Him with the Papa Q. Bear assist on the Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom stage collecting the honey item
  • Him fighting against Arthur with the George Shrinks assist on the Land of Make-Believe stage
  • Him dancing with Molly doing her taunt
Then, we cut to footage of him fighting against Mr. Rogers and Barney in his ringmaster alternate costume on the Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival stage. Alongside this, we then see his victory animation.

Finally, it cuts to Marvin performing and then the crowd cheering with Mr. Rogers in it.

Mr. Rogers: Marvin is a special friend with incredible gifts. You have incredible talents too. You are special just the way you are!

Then, the trailer ends with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! cast by the logo and then Marvin gets added to the artwork, before showing the copyrights and those stuff.

The trailer introduces:
  • Marvin, his moveset and gimmick
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival as his homestage
  • Elizabeth the Emotional Pig, George Shrinks, Papa Q. Bear and Angelina Ballerina as assists if not introduced prior.
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom as another stage from the Bookworm Bunch
  • Honey as a healing item
Basically, a lot of the Bookworm Bunch content will be introduced here.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My submissions:

Passive: Magic Fizzy Soda
1658787681855.png

An original passive item. One sip from that soda can and you're invincible for a short time!

Aggresive: Striker-foam Ball
1658788047997.png

An original aggressive item. Works like the Beastball in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

My Marvin reveal trailer:

I am a mystery guest from the circus

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly Mabray and Ord) by the logo and then Announcer Bunny will say "Aaaaaaaaaanouncer Bunny here to catch you up on how things are going for our fighters! It seems that Xavier Riddle has received a slight distress call from somewhere that only he knows! Let's check it out!"

We cut to a particular museum, where Xavier Riddle can be seen practicing his skills with his newfound psychic powers while Yadina and Brad watch him.

Yadina Riddle: So, how did you come to grasp with these new magical powers?

Brad: Yeah, like those seem to come from nowhere in our world!

Xavier Riddle: Well, uhhhh, I don't know! I guess I had just absorbed those powers from a meteorite that fell nearby in the past week, but I'm not really sure, guys.

Xavier Riddle then senses something with his new psychic powers

Xavier Riddle: Oh! I just sensed something! Something's wrong!

Yadina Riddle: What's wrong? What?

Xavier Riddle: Well, I don't know yet....To the Secret Museum!

Xavier, Yadina and Brad all make their way to the Secret Museum to see what was going on there, and what the problom was.

Xavier Riddle: Guys, I just got a sense that something wrong's here! It has to do with someone we're going to meet

Berby comes out and beeps on about how Xavier is right

Xavier Riddle: Hmm, maybe Berby's right, something IS wrong in the Secret Museum and that there is someone we're going to meet.

Yadina Riddle: Oooh! Who will it be this time?

Brad: Beats me, but let's find out!

the three kids all go to the top of the pedestal in the Secret Museum and they apparently see a circus ball

Xavier Riddle: We're meeting....a circus performer? Ooh! I like doing circus acts myself!

Yadina Riddle: Maybe so, but I don't recall any famous circus performers that made an impact on history!

The kids then see a silhouette of a mysterious boy

Brad: Huh? Just who is that?

Xavier Riddle: Hmm, I've never seen any heroes we were about to meet blacked out before.

Yadina Riddle: How unorthodox, but, well, let's go Berby!

The kids then all grasp on to Berby and begin their usual travel through rifts to get to certain time periods. This time however, the kids experience a way more turbulent ride through the rifts in order to get to their destination. Along the way, the kids were screaming and remarking on how they were so dizzy, until they reached their destination, which just happens to be a carnival site.

Brad: uuuhhhhhohhhhh.....What a rollercoaster ride.....

Yadina Riddle: Oh jeez, what a ride....

Xavier Riddle: Speaking of rides, look!

Yadina Riddle: wooooooow......A circus! I guess what the Secret Museum told us about going to was right all along!

Berby then scans a mysterious boy in the distance and she confirms that that is the boy the kids were looking for.

Yadina Riddle: Oh! that must be the boy we're looking for! Come on guys! Let's go meet him!

The kids then run up to the mysterious boy to try to get to know him

Xavier Riddle: Ummmm, pardon our intrusion, but who are you?

Boy: Oh hi! I'm Eddy! Eddy Largo! You kids must be new around here!

Xavier Riddle: Uhh, yeah! Yeah we are!

Eddy: Wanna come meet my animal friends? they're all putting on a show right now!

Brad: Oh, sure thing, Eddy!

Eddy and the three kids then go to under the big top, where we see all of Eddy's animal friends doing their acts and tricks and stuff, until they all stumble across a tap-dancing horse

Eddy: Kids, I'd like you to meet my best bud, Marvin! He's a tap-dancing horse

Marvin: That's right! That's me!

All three kids: Hi Marvin!

Marvin: You're all just in time for my next dance performance! In fact, this one is pretty special, because....

Marvin pulls out a special invite

Marvin: I got invited to some kind of Brawltime Party! Come on guys, cue the lights, and watch me perform!

Marvin gets into a pose as the spotlight shines on him

Introducing Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse! in the PBS Font and Molly stands next to it as Announcer Bunny says "Marvin!"

The trailer then plays a remix of the Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse theme song, as it then cuts to footage of Marvin fighting the various characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as well as it showcasing his stage Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival where he is seen fighting Xavier Riddle with Yadina Riddle as his assist.

Before the trailer ends, we see the 3 kids clapping their hands for Marvin's spectacular dance performance

Xavier Riddle: I gotta say, that's some real art for a horse!

Yadina Riddle: Yeah, he's one true master of his dancing skills!

Brad: Yeah....that's true, guys

Berby agrees with the three kids

Eddy: So, can you three kids tell me a little more about yourselves?

Then, the trailer ends with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! cast by the logo and then Marvin gets added to the artwork, before showing the copyrights and those stuff.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, now I will write my trailer script for Marvin. Item and trailer script submissions will stay open until tomorrow. Get on submitting!

Marvin Reveal:

A Trip to The Carnival But With A Brawltime Party!

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly and Ord) by the logo.

We then go into gameplay footage of Mr. Rogers fighting various fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

We see a quick montage of him fighting various fighters including:

• Big Bird and Elmo on the Sesame Street Stage
  • Arthur and Lionel on the Once Upon a Restaurant Stage
  • Ord on the Dragon Land Stage
  • Digit and Hacker on the Cyberchase stage
  • And WordGirl and Ms. Frizzle on The Magic School Bus stage
It then cuts to Announcer Bunny saying: "Aaaaaaaaanouncer Bunny here telling you that Mr. Rogers has been spreading kindness at the Brawltime party! This has been Announcer Bunny saying, it's a beautiful day in this neighborhood!" He then pops back into his magic hat.

We then cut to the fact that the montage was played on a TV screen on the Mr. Rogers set where Mr. Rogers will play videos given to him by Mr. McFeely sometimes on episodes of Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood. We then see Mr. Rogers (played by a really good Mr. Rogers impersonator, most likely Tom Hanks) take out the tape and look at the screen.

Mr. Rogers: Those were some of the friends I met at Dash's Brawltime party! Now, all of them like different things and have different talents.I want to talk to you about some of them that I met there!

He then brings out a poster with pictures of Lionel, Ord, Chris and Martin and Molly.

He first points to the picture of Lionel.

Mr. Rogers: This is Lionel. He is a lion cub who loves to read and is very good at it. He is also really helpful and loves this story about a man named Cliff Hanger.

He then points to the picture of Ord.

Mr. Rogers: This is Ord. Ord may seem scary because he is a dragon but he has a big heart. He gets scared sometimes but knows staying calm will help him.

He then points to the picture of Chris and Martin.

Mr. Rogers: These two are named Chris and Martin. People know them as The Kratt Brothers. They love animals and use their talents to help out animals in need. They also have animal abilities they use when rescuing animals and when learning about them!

Finally, he points to a picture of Molly.

Mr. Rogers: Finally, this is Molly. She's a young Native American from Alaska who loves going on adventures. She makes videos about her talents and what she learns from them. She wants people to do amazing things!

He then puts the poster away.

Mr. Rogers: Now, I want to introduce you all to another friend I met not too long ago. He is right now at a carnival right in our neighborhood. Let us go see him.

Mr. Rogers then heads out the door and archived footage from Episode 1585: Alike and Different where it zooms out to the neighborhood set and it zooms into a circus tent.

We then see Mr. Rogers walking around the carnival until he bumps into a man named Fast-Talking Jack.

Mr. Rogers: Hi Jack!

Jack: Oh, hi Fred!

Mr. Rogers: Everyone, I want you to meet my friend Jack! He is the owner of the carnival here and he wants us to meet my new friend!

Jack: Yes, right this way Mr. Rogers! I'm the owner of the carnival here!

They then go into the circus tent where they see a tap-dancing horse getting ready for a show.

Mr. Rogers then decides to pet the horse for a bit.

Marvin: Oh hi Fred!

Mr. Rogers: Everyone, I want you to meet Marvin! Now, Marvin, tell my new friends what you do!

Marvin: Well, I'm a horse who loves to tap-dance as well as talk really fast.

Mr. Rogers: Would you mind showing my new friends some of your talents?

Marvin: Absolutely! Time for the lights to shine down and it's time for me to perform!

Marvin gets into a pose just as the text pops up:

We then cut to gameplay footage of Marvin where we see his gameplay gimmick being timing and capoeric themed. A remixed version of the Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse theme song is playing in the background.

Mr. Rogers: You are really special, Marvin!

Marvin: Thanks Fred!

We then cut to other scenes such as:

• Marvin with the Elizabeth the Emotional Pig assist fighting against Lionel with the Chicken Jane assist
  • Him doing some dance moves against the Angelina Ballerina assist
  • Him on the Magic School Bus stage fighting against Ms. Frizzle and Digit
  • Him with the Papa Q. Bear assist on the Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom stage collecting the honey item
  • Him fighting against Arthur with the George Shrinks assist on the Land of Make-Believe stage
  • Him dancing with Molly doing her taunt
Then, we cut to footage of him fighting against Mr. Rogers and Barney in his ringmaster alternate costume on the Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival stage. Alongside this, we then see his victory animation.

Finally, it cuts to Marvin performing and then the crowd cheering with Mr. Rogers in it.

Mr. Rogers: Marvin is a special friend with incredible gifts. You have incredible talents too. You are special just the way you are!

The trailer introduces:
  • Marvin, his moveset and gimmick
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival as his homestage
  • Elizabeth the Emotional Pig, George Shrinks, Papa Q. Bear and Angelina Ballerina as assists if not introduced prior.
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom as another stage from the Bookworm Bunch
  • Honey as a healing item
Basically, a lot of the Bookworm Bunch content will be introduced here.
My submissions:

Passive: Magic Fizzy Soda
View attachment 357281
An original passive item. One sip from that soda can and you're invincible for a short time!

Aggresive: Striker-foam Ball
View attachment 357282
An original aggressive item. Works like the Beastball in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

My Marvin reveal trailer:

I am a mystery guest from the circus

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly Mabray and Ord) by the logo and then Announcer Bunny will say "Aaaaaaaaaanouncer Bunny here to catch you up on how things are going for our fighters! It seems that Xavier Riddle has received a slight distress call from somewhere that only he knows! Let's check it out!"

We cut to a particular museum, where Xavier Riddle can be seen practicing his skills with his newfound psychic powers while Yadina and Brad watch him.

Yadina Riddle: So, how did you come to grasp with these new magical powers?

Brad: Yeah, like those seem to come from nowhere in our world!

Xavier Riddle: Well, uhhhh, I don't know! I guess I had just absorbed those powers from a meteorite that fell nearby in the past week, but I'm not really sure, guys.

Xavier Riddle then senses something with his new psychic powers

Xavier Riddle: Oh! I just sensed something! Something's wrong!

Yadina Riddle: What's wrong? What?

Xavier Riddle: Well, I don't know yet....To the Secret Museum!

Xavier, Yadina and Brad all make their way to the Secret Museum to see what was going on there, and what the problom was.

Xavier Riddle: Guys, I just got a sense that something wrong's here! It has to do with someone we're going to meet

Berby comes out and beeps on about how Xavier is right

Xavier Riddle: Hmm, maybe Berby's right, something IS wrong in the Secret Museum and that there is someone we're going to meet.

Yadina Riddle: Oooh! Who will it be this time?

Brad: Beats me, but let's find out!

the three kids all go to the top of the pedestal in the Secret Museum and they apparently see a circus ball

Xavier Riddle: We're meeting....a circus performer? Ooh! I like doing circus acts myself!

Yadina Riddle: Maybe so, but I don't recall any famous circus performers that made an impact on history!

The kids then see a silhouette of a mysterious boy

Brad: Huh? Just who is that?

Xavier Riddle: Hmm, I've never seen any heroes we were about to meet blacked out before.

Yadina Riddle: How unorthodox, but, well, let's go Berby!

The kids then all grasp on to Berby and begin their usual travel through rifts to get to certain time periods. This time however, the kids experience a way more turbulent ride through the rifts in order to get to their destination. Along the way, the kids were screaming and remarking on how they were so dizzy, until they reached their destination, which just happens to be a carnival site.

Brad: uuuhhhhhohhhhh.....What a rollercoaster ride.....

Yadina Riddle: Oh jeez, what a ride....

Xavier Riddle: Speaking of rides, look!

Yadina Riddle: wooooooow......A circus! I guess what the Secret Museum told us about going to was right all along!

Berby then scans a mysterious boy in the distance and she confirms that that is the boy the kids were looking for.

Yadina Riddle: Oh! that must be the boy we're looking for! Come on guys! Let's go meet him!

The kids then run up to the mysterious boy to try to get to know him

Xavier Riddle: Ummmm, pardon our intrusion, but who are you?

Boy: Oh hi! I'm Eddy! Eddy Largo! You kids must be new around here!

Xavier Riddle: Uhh, yeah! Yeah we are!

Eddy: Wanna come meet my animal friends? they're all putting on a show right now!

Brad: Oh, sure thing, Eddy!

Eddy and the three kids then go to under the big top, where we see all of Eddy's animal friends doing their acts and tricks and stuff, until they all stumble across a tap-dancing horse

Eddy: Kids, I'd like you to meet my best bud, Marvin! He's a tap-dancing horse

Marvin: That's right! That's me!

All three kids: Hi Marvin!

Marvin: You're all just in time for my next dance performance! In fact, this one is pretty special, because....

Marvin pulls out a special invite

Marvin: I got invited to some kind of Brawltime Party! Come on guys, cue the lights, and watch me perform!

Marvin gets into a pose as the spotlight shines on him

The trailer then plays a remix of the Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse theme song, as it then cuts to footage of Marvin fighting the various characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as well as it showcasing his stage Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival where he is seen fighting Xavier Riddle with Yadina Riddle as his assist.

Before the trailer ends, we see the 3 kids clapping their hands for Marvin's spectacular dance performance

Xavier Riddle: I gotta say, that's some real art for a horse!

Yadina Riddle: Yeah, he's one true master of his dancing skills!

Brad: Yeah....that's true, guys

Berby agrees with the three kids

Eddy: So, can you three kids tell me a little more about yourselves?

Alright, I'll add both me and Pop's items. Now, we need to decide which reveal trailer will be used for Marvin so vote in the poll below.

Marvin Reveal Trailer Poll

Job 102:

Submit a stage from an unrepresented series from the PBS Kids Preschool Block. This series will not get a fighter. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage:

Hooper's Table (PBS Kids Preschool Block)

hqdefault.jpg

I'm still surprised we don't have another stage representing the interstitials/IDs of PBS Kids. Anywho, this table is where Hooper the Guinea Pig and Ms. Lori are commonly seen during the Preschool Block interstitials. The fighters are shrunk down to the size as if they were items on the tables. Ms. Lori and the kids's hands can be seen making crafts. The hands and craft supplies are hazards. Also, in the background, various show clips of shows that aired on the PBS Kids Preschool Block will be shown.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Lake Wanasinklake (Curious George)
1658919763741.png

A very iconic PBS Kids show that I'm surprised isn't represented here as of currently, and yet, it's also the very first PBS Kids show to air on the Preschool Block! Layout-wise, It can be similar to Great Bay.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll add both me and Pop's items. Now, we need to decide which reveal trailer will be used for Marvin so vote in the poll below.

Marvin Reveal Trailer Poll

Job 102:

Submit a stage from an unrepresented series from the PBS Kids Preschool Block. This series will not get a fighter. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage:

Hooper's Table (PBS Kids Preschool Block)

View attachment 357342

I'm still surprised we don't have another stage representing the interstitials/IDs of PBS Kids. Anywho, this table is where Hooper the Guinea Pig and Ms. Lori are commonly seen during the Preschool Block interstitials. The fighters are shrunk down to the size as if they were items on the tables. Ms. Lori and the kids's hands can be seen making crafts. The hands and craft supplies are hazards. Also, in the background, various show clips of shows that aired on the PBS Kids Preschool Block will be shown.
Lake Wanasinklake (Curious George)
View attachment 357377

A very iconic PBS Kids show that I'm surprised isn't represented here as of currently, and yet, it's also the very first PBS Kids show to air on the Preschool Block! Layout-wise, It can be similar to Great Bay.
Alright, so my trailer script won for Marvin. Now, vote for the Preschool Block stage you want in the game you want in the poll below please!

Hooper's Table (PBS Kids Preschool Block) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lake Wanasinklake (Curious George) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Stage Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 103:

Submit an assist from a PBS Kid Preschool Block series unrepresented and an assist from a series already represented with a fighter. Dragon Tales and Sesame Street are ineligible for assists. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Assist from PBS Kids Preschool Block:

Curious George

6-curious-george-curious-george.jpg

The famous monkey himself! He will follow you around and get curious about the other fighters. Due to his curiosity, he will explore the stage and cling onto other fighters once the assist meter is full. However, when the assist meter is not full, he'll leave banana peels on the stage causing other fighters to slip.

Represented Series:

Gawain (Between the Lions)

hqdefault.jpg

A bold knight with a cool dude voice from the famous Between the Lions segment, Gawain's Word! When used as an assist, he will follow the fighter around with a mic saying "Keep brawling dude!" to stick with the cool dude attitude. When the assist meter is full, Gawain will summon Sir "br" and Sir "awl" to come out with their horses and smash into the fighters causing brawling havoc and tons of damage!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My assists:
Assist from PBS Kids Preschool Block: Buddy (Dinosaur Train)
1659058441637.png

He'll toss around fossilized Dinosaur eggs, much Hammer Bro and Yoshi's Up-Special. When the Meter is full, well.......I like trains........

Represented Series: Mr. McFeely (Mister Roger's Neighborhood)
1659058237483.png

Why not feature Mr. Rogers' mailman friend himself? He'll offer the fighter he is assisting with various items in need. When the meter is full, he'll offer a item with a strong-likelyhood to be a strong item.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my trailer script won for Marvin. Now, vote for the Preschool Block stage you want in the game you want in the poll below please!

Hooper's Table (PBS Kids Preschool Block) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lake Wanasinklake (Curious George) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Stage Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 103:

Submit an assist from a PBS Kid Preschool Block series unrepresented and an assist from a series already represented with a fighter. Dragon Tales and Sesame Street are ineligible for assists. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Assist from PBS Kids Preschool Block:

Curious George

View attachment 357432

The famous monkey himself! He will follow you around and get curious about the other fighters. Due to his curiosity, he will explore the stage and cling onto other fighters once the assist meter is full. However, when the assist meter is not full, he'll leave banana peels on the stage causing other fighters to slip.

Represented Series:

Gawain (Between the Lions)

View attachment 357433

A bold knight with a cool dude voice from the famous Between the Lions segment, Gawain's Word! When used as an assist, he will follow the fighter around with a mic saying "Keep brawling dude!" to stick with the cool dude attitude. When the assist meter is full, Gawain will summon Sir "br" and Sir "awl" to come out with their horses and smash into the fighters causing brawling havoc and tons of damage!
My assists:
Assist from PBS Kids Preschool Block: Buddy (Dinosaur Train)
View attachment 357478
He'll toss around fossilized Dinosaur eggs, much Hammer Bro and Yoshi's Up-Special. When the Meter is full, well.......I like trains........

Represented Series: Mr. McFeely (Mister Roger's Neighborhood)
View attachment 357475
Why not feature Mr. Rogers' mailman friend himself? He'll offer the fighter he is assisting with various items in need. When the meter is full, he'll offer a item with a strong-likelyhood to be a strong item.
Alright, it seems Hooper's Table won for stage so congrats to me! Now, around to vote for assists so please vote on the poll links below!
Also, when PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn is ready, he will introduce the next character job. Get voting and let's get ready for our next fighter!

Assist from Preschool Block:
Curious George AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Buddy (Dinosaur Train) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist from Represented Series:
Gawain (Between the Lions) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Mr. McFeely (Mister Roger's Neighborhood) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist from Preschool Block Show

Assist from Represented Series

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, well, since I'm cared to do the honors:

Job #104: Prepare yourselves folks, this job is going to be a pretty tricky one! Submit an animated character from a live action series to get added to the roster! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

Character job originally submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

My submission:
Ruff Ruffman (FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman)
1659142189064.png

A character from an iconic PBS Kids show which I bet a lot are surprised it isn't represented here as of yet, myself included, and it was one of the only easy choices for me, and I figured I'd submit him before anyone else. (Just so that others can really dig deep to find other animated characters from live-action PBS Kids series). He's the animated host of his own game show, where real-world kids compete in real-world challenges.

His playstyle can revolve around game show host-style moves and even being themed around the various challenges the kids who have entered his game show have done over the years.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 104:

Letterman (The Electric Company)

Electric-Company-The-Adventures-of-Letterman.jpg

Before there was WordGirl, there was Letterman. Letterman was a character that appeared on the skit The Adventures of Letterman on the 1970s PBS show The Electric Company. He would stop the Spell Binder from ruining an everyday situation by changing letters of a word to make things right. I was waiting to represent The Electric Company with a fighter as I feel we need more pre-PTV Park/NET era PBS reps. We would then complete the trifecta of the 70s PBS shows (Sesame Street, Mister Roger's Neighborhood and The Electric Company). Therefore, Letterman fits the bill for this job. He can come with a fun Electric Company-based stage and even a Spell Binder boss fight for the story mode although we would need to redesign Spell Binder's looks to make him less racist and controversial.

He would be a middle-heavyweight (think Terry Bogard weight) with super speed and great aerial mobility and would have a letter-based gimmick. Overall, a solid choice for PBS Kids: Brawltime! I also have a fun reveal trailer idea for him as well.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Cliff Hanger (Between the Lions)
View attachment 357568
He'd be a muscular, Captain Falcon-esque speedy heavyhitter. Perhaps he tore off the twig while getting off the cliff to use as a ranged weapon,
This is actually a great idea that I knew someone was going to submit. I feel he also has all that stuff in his backpack, his survival manual, etc to fight with. A really good and underrated pick here.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, well, since I'm cared to do the honors:

Job #104: Prepare yourselves folks, this job is going to be a pretty tricky one! Submit an animated character from a live action series to get added to the roster! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

Character job originally submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

My submission:
Ruff Ruffman (FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman)
View attachment 357563

A character from an iconic PBS Kids show which I bet a lot are surprised it isn't represented here as of yet, myself included, and it was one of the only easy choices for me, and I figured I'd submit him before anyone else. (Just so that others can really dig deep to find other animated characters from live-action PBS Kids series). He's the animated host of his own game show, where real-world kids compete in real-world challenges.

His playstyle can revolve around game show host-style moves and even being themed around the various challenges the kids who have entered his game show have done over the years.
Job 104:

Letterman (The Electric Company)

View attachment 357567

Before there was WordGirl, there was Letterman. Letterman was a character that appeared on the skit The Adventures of Letterman on the 1970s PBS show The Electric Company. He would stop the Spell Binder from ruining an everyday situation by changing letters of a word to make things right. I was waiting to represent The Electric Company with a fighter as I feel we need more pre-PTV Park/NET era PBS reps. We would then complete the trifecta of the 70s PBS shows (Sesame Street, Mister Roger's Neighborhood and The Electric Company). Therefore, Letterman fits the bill for this job. He can come with a fun Electric Company-based stage and even a Spell Binder boss fight for the story mode although we would need to redesign Spell Binder's looks to make him less racist and controversial.

He would be a middle-heavyweight (think Terry Bogard weight) with super speed and great aerial mobility and would have a letter-based gimmick. Overall, a solid choice for PBS Kids: Brawltime! I also have a fun reveal trailer idea for him as well.
Cliff Hanger (Between the Lions)
View attachment 357568
He'd be a muscular, Captain Falcon-esque speedy heavyhitter. Perhaps he tore off the twig while getting off the cliff to use as a ranged weapon,
Alright, for the assists, Curious George and Gawain join the game as assists! So, congrats to me! Now, it's time to vote for our 18th fighter! Remember, you can only put your own submission in second or third.

Ruff Ruffman (FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Letterman (The Electric Company) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Cliff Hanger (Between the Lions) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

1. Ruff Ruffman (I remember the show as a kid and I feel the gameshow-is elements can make a really fun moveset.)
2. Letterman (Self-vote but I feel The Electric Company should really get a fighter given it's one of the oldest and one of the most iconic PBS based shows. Plus, we still need a character from a segment on a show.)

Big shoutout to Cliff Hanger but I envision him as more of a bonus DLC character ala Piranha Plant due to the joke being we never really see him walking. We may start talking about DLC for this game real soon so maybe he'll have a shot there for sure. I want him as a fighter but this has been really tough given all three of these characters have awesome potential.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll leave voting opening up till tomorrow afternoon but it seems Ruff Ruffman is winning by one point! Now, I'll type up another Meet the Fighters video script for none other than the boy with a knack for history, Xavier Riddle!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Xavier Riddle!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with the 12 characters so far revealed on it.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Xavier Riddle and Mr. Rogers idling on the Secret Museum stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we have none other than the boy with a knack for history, Xavier Riddle!

Cuts to footage of Xavier Riddle gameplay while narrator explains Xavier Riddle's play style.

Xavier Riddle is a semi-floaty character with very floaty jumps and slightly-above-normal speed. He has nimble dodges and good air mobility, but is somewhat below-normal weight. Many of Xavier's attacks are themed around his love and huge talent for acrobatics and wild inventions, as well as the various time periods he and the others have traveled to in the Secret Museum. He also has some attacks that he normally never uses in his show, but since I had Ness in mind when coming up with his character traits and how his show is very technological, I felt they were just too fitting.

Cuts to footage of Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum clips with Xavier Riddle in them.

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum is a much more recent PBS Kids show that started airing in 2019. Xavier Riddle himself is quite tech-savvy as well as a lover of everything. However, what Xavier lives for is adventure. Xavier alongside his sister Yadina and his best friend Brad would go to the Secret Museum to travel back to different time periods to solve everyday problems they encounter. They interact with various, historical figures and then come back to the present using the lessons they learned to solve the problem.

It then cuts to the footage of the I Am Fred Rogers episode of Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum.

Even though the real Fred Rogers has passed away, Xavier Riddle got to meet a special version of one of PBS Kids: Brawltime's very own fighters, Mr. Rogers himself! It feels great knowing one of the newer PBS Kids all-stars got to meet America's favorite neighbor himself!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Xavier Riddle and Mr. Rogers idling on the Secret Museum stage.

Now, let's go over Xavier Riddle's moveset. First, let us go over his light moves.

His Light Neutral is "Summoning History".

Xavier Riddle does the move.

A square portal appears in front of Xavier, which spawns a random historical figure to come out and look around or wave before going back in the portal, with the damage and knockback coming from the historical figure's fast momentum of coming out of the portal. The strong variant has the historical figure fall out of the portal and land hard on the ground, which deals strong damage and knockback, before falling in another portal on the ground below the figures.

His Light Up is "Electric Burst".

Xavier points upwards, causing a small blast of electricity to burst above him. The strong variant has a larger electric blast burst above him

His Light Down is "Juggling Ring Spin."

Xavier spins a juggling ring around him, which gimps fighters on the ground. The strong variant has Xavier perform a stronger spin.

We have covered all of Xavier Riddle's light moves. Now, onward to his specials.

His Neutral Special is "Psychic Power Burst".

Xavier spawns a ball of blue energy that can be controlled. The ball will explode when the button is let go.

His Up Special is "Blastoff!".

Xavier rides a rocket car in the desired direction of the control stick. He is able to damage opponents in his way. This recovery also has great distance as well.

His Down Special is "Juggling Ball Act".

Xavier juggles some juggling balls, with each of the balls dealing constant damage as long as Xavier is juggling, which will last as long as the special attack button is pressed. A great choice for making combos with opponents who are about to attack you from above or to shield yourself from certain things above you.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Xavier Riddle and Mr. Rogers idling on the Secret Museum stage.

Now, that we covered his moveset, here is his taunt.

Xavier Riddle does his taunt.

Oh, hello there Berby! It seems you followed Xavier Riddle here to the Brawltime party to make sure the exhibits don't get damaged by the fighters! Now, let's take a look at his alternate costumes.

We see a Xavier Riddle with his baseball outfit, his catepillar outfit, his clown outfit and him in a winter coat.

As you can see, Xavier Riddle's alternate costumes are based off of various outfits he has worn in various episodes of Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum! He is always ready for different occasions no matter what adventure brings him!

Finally, we will take a look at Xavier Riddle's home stage which is, of course, The Secret Museum itself! The stage itself travels through the various exhibits of the museum by transforming the stage into that respective time period. It starts off in this central museum area. However, since Xavier was nice enough to allow us to show you all his stage, let's do a quick tour of the exhibits.

First, the stage transforms into the Rosa Parks Bus.

First, we are at the Rosa Parks Bus, the section dedicated to Rosa Parks herself. Here, you fight on top of the bus Rosa Parks rode on as well as other cars on the road.

Then, it transforms into the Amelia's Airplane section.

Prepare for takeoff! Now, we are on Amelia Earhart's airplane. You fight on the wings of her plane and you can see Amelia herself piloting the Kinner Airster!

Then, it transforms into the Apple Tree section.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree here. Now, we are at Isaac Newton's Apple Tree. The layout is an apple tree with a bunch of branches to serve as platforms. Apples will fall on timed intervals to damage anyone they make contact with. Isaac Newton can be seen leaning on the trunk of the apple tree, sitting and studying.

Then, it transforms into the Storytelling Shed section.

It's time for a story. Now, we are at the Storytelling Shed, home of the Bronte sisters. This is a grounded stage with tables serving as platforms. Occasionally, the books will open and create book platforms. The Bronte Sisters can be seen in the background as well.

Then, it transforms into the Spooky Hill section.

Monsters are made here. Now, we are on the Spooky Hill section. This is a simple hill formation stage with various stuff in the background made to look scary. Mary Shelley herself can be seen in one of the buildings faraway.

Then, it transforms into the United States in 1789 section.

American history come forth! This here is the United States in 1789 section. This is a stage taking place on top of an old building with 1789 US scenery in the background along with George Washington himself!

Then, it transforms into The Track section.

Racers, take your mark! This is The Track section of course. This is a grounded stage, but every now and then, a bunch of runners come in from the left, including Wilma Rudolph, and damage anyone they make contact with.

Then, it transforms into The The Stage section.

Prepare for some laughs! This is The Stage section. This is a show stage, with the curtain closing on timed intervals to transition to Charlie Chaplin doing a different stage act every time, and obscuring the battle view as well.

Then, it transforms into The Tennis Court section.

Service! This is The Tennis Court section.

This is a grounded stage with a bouncy net in the middle. A tennis ball serves as the hazard of this form, as Billie Jean King and another tennis player are playing tennis on this stage formation.

Then, it transforms into A Giant Pie section.

Time to cook! This is A Giant Pie section. A giant pie is in the sky for a stage, with Julia Child herself in the background of the stage.

Then, it transforms into the Peanut Fields section.

Traveling onward, this is the Peanut Fields section. This is a stage with hedges that form aerial solid platforms on random layouts every time. George Washington Carver himself can be seen in the background of the stage.

Then, it transforms into the Tall Grass Fields at Night section.

Going forward for freedom! This is the Tall Grass Fields at Night section. This is a grounded stage with tall grass to obscure most of the fighters at ground level. Harriet Tubman herself can be seen in the background of the stage.

Then, it transforms into the Marie's Lab section.

Time for some science! This is the Marie's Lab section. The fighters are miniaturized on a lab table in Marie Curie's lab! The hazards include potion liquids spilling on certain places, heater flames and other science stuff. Marie herself can be seen in the background examining her experiments. There is even a Morse Code message on a bottle. See if you can figure out what the message says.

Then, it transforms into the Joy of Painting section.

No mistakes here, only happy accidents! This is the Joy of Painting section based off of a show that aired on the PBS channel for adults, Joy of Painting! The stage takes place in a painting with the formation changing depending on the painting's landscapes. Occasionally, the iconic "Happy Mistakes" will occasionally come in to either serve as platforms or to obscure parts of the stage. Bob Ross himself can be seen in this stage formation as well.

Finally, it transforms into The Neighborhood Set section.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood! This is the Neighborhood Set section, the final transformation and exhibit on the Secret Museum tour! This stage formation is for an existing playable fighter in the game, being none other than Mr. Rogers himself! The stage is the iconic stage set for Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood! How lovely!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Xavier Riddle and Mr. Rogers idling on the Secret Museum stage one final time.

Now that we have covered everything, it's time to see Xavier Riddle put his acrobatic skills, psychic powers and love of history in a real match!

It then cuts to the Xavier Riddle vs Mr. Rogers pre-battle screen. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing the Secret Museum stage and footage of Xavier Riddle in action. Xavier Riddle wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Xavier Riddle doing his victory animation and Mr. Rogers clapping.

That is Xavier in action! We hope you enjoyed this video and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

Top Bottom