• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so since this is Job #50, I figured I'd make this next job a special one:

Job #50: Let's get modern! Nominate a character from a PBS Kids show from the "PBS Kids 24/7 channel revival" era, meaning you should nominate a character from a PBS Kids show that debuted from 2017-present. While the majority of the character roster right now is mostly comprised of characters from PBS Kids shows from the classic era, from the 1990's to the 2000's, I feel that a modern PBS Kids representative is well-deserved, since even those shows are genuinely good and also because PBS Kids: Brawltime! needs a character which kids of today can recognize. Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

Like I said above, PBS Kids: Brawltime! needs/deserves a character in the roster which kids of today can recognize. While I know this job may seem difficult, due to the huge unfamiliarity of modern PBS Kids to most people of today, you can always do research online about modern PBS Kids shows, since they are actually quality shows and are pretty loveable too. Otherwise, you can refer to this list of modern PBS Kids shows here!

My submission for this job is a resubmission:

Xavier Riddle (Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum, 2019)

His show centers around his adventures with his younger sister, Yadina Riddle and their friend Brad as they go to the Secret Museum and travel back in time to meet historical figures where they learn lessons from them to form ways on how to solve their problems in the modern world.

I think he deserves a spot in the roster because his show is one of the best shows of modern PBS Kids. The premise of the show is really fun and charming, and the show has an adorable and awesome art style as well, looking like it was inspired from Calvin & Hobbes, Peanuts and Earthbound. (It's been confirmed that the art style of the show as well as Ordinary People Change the World, the book series that inspired the show, was inspired from Calvin & Hobbes and Peanuts, according to Ordinary People Change the World illustrator Chris Eliopoulos)

Xavier Riddle would be a semi-floaty character who specializes on hi-tech and acrobatic circus performances for his moveset. They would revolve him using complex techniques that allow him to maneuver the attacks to make the most out of them, making him the Ness of this game.
I will resubmit Luna

She was made by Joe Murray, and that's enough of a reason for me.
Job 50

Molly Mabray (Molly of Denali)

View attachment 351925

Molly Mabray is the main protagonist of the show Molly of Denali. The show is about Molly Mabray (her native name is Shahnyaa), a 10-year old native from Alaska; specifically the fictional village of Qyah as she vlogs about her life with her family, friends, her Malamute Suki, and other residents. The show was the first American nationally distributed children's show to feature an Alaska Native as a main character. The show is one of the best portrayals of Native American life (given how bad Native Americans have been portrayed in pop culture).

I feel Molly deserves to be in to increase the male:female character ration to 9:3 (if she is chosen) and for the fact that she can have an unique play style. Her moveset can involve a gimmick of vlogging as well as the various activities she does in Alaska. Throw in her Malamute Suki in as well. I feel it's time we have another character who we can have fun with a moveset with as well as positively portray Native Americans in this fighting game as Molly of Denali is a perfect example of Native American culture for children.

I was going to do Elinor from Elinor Wonders Why but I feel we should get another human fighter that is female and another group of people represented in a fighting game that are barely represented in fighting games positively. Also, my father is fascinated with Alaska as he watches a lot of shows involving hunting and house hunting in Alaska.

Quick reminder:

The post-2017 character will be the final character for the launch trailer for PBS Kids: Brawltime! We will then have the 12 characters for the launch trailer and we can begin marketing soon!
View attachment 351943
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)

I don't know a lot about this show but I figure she could have a pretty creative moveset
Ok, I will close Job 50. I am happy we have 4 submissions for this job. All great picks! Now, time to vote. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own submission in second.

Xavier Riddle (Xavier Riddle and The Secrets of The Museum) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Luna (Let's Go Luna!) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Molly Mabray (Molly of Denali) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why) @Darkonedagger

My votes:
1. Xavier Riddle (After reading about how he would play, he would make for a cool fighter. Plus, I love history so the premise of the show seems interesting. Love the fact that the art style was based off of Peanuts and what not.)
2. Molly Mabray (Self-vote but I feel having a character that truly represents Native American culture would be impactful to our game. Plus, her moveset would be fun to make given it can be based off of blogging and what not.)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I know it is late on my side of the world but I will close voting.

Results:
Xavier Riddle: 5
Luna: 1
Molly Mabray: 4
Elinor: 2

Xavier Riddle will be our 12th fighter and the final fighter for the reveal trailer for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

I feel Xavier is a well-deserved pick as he can bring a fun moveset potential.

Now, speaking of movesets...

Job 51:

Design/create a moveset for Digit

I can definitely see some aerial mobility but Digit prefers the ground. Maybe something math based. Use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Digit
Series: Cyberchase
Debut: Cyberchase, Lost My Marbles (January 21, 2002)

DIGIT_01C.png

"Never fear, the Didge is here!"
Digit is a heavier-lightweight character that, although he has a bird-like appearance, he does not posses the greatest air game (It's just slightly-above-normal to say the least), but he still can perform 3 jumps in the air and has slightly-above-average speed, qualifying him as a lighter all-around character.

Gimmicks:
True to the theme of his show, his special attacks are themed around the various math topics that he and the 3 kids have solved in the show! His standard attacks are all tied to his agile and fast, albeit kinda clumsy movement style.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Digit throws 2 wing slashes before unleashing a kick. Strong variant of the move Digit do a downward slash with both of his wings, like Falco's side-smash.

Light Up: Digit performs a roundhouse kick upward. Strong variant is simply a stronger, harder-hitting version of the move.

Light Down: Digit performs a twirling drill tornado that multihits and launches fighters at the end of the attack animation. Strong variant of the move has Digit spinning around for longer in addition to more launch power

Neutral Special: Math Problem Toss, Digit holds up a number above his wing that starts at 1 and increases by 1 the longer the special move button is held, with the max count up to 9. The second time the move is used (After he decides the first number), he will hold an addition sign, a subtraction sign and a multiplication sign above his wing, which can be cycled by pressing the special attack button, and the sign is selected when Digit holds the designated sign up for 2 seconds. The third time the move is used after the prior 2 are selected will have Digit again holds up a number above his wing that starts at 1 and increases by 1 the longer the special move button is held, with the max count up to 9. Once the equation is finished, it calculates into a number orb that Digit can throw, with the damage the orb deals being equivalent to the answer of the equation Digit built up! Go for that 81% damage by building up the max 9x9!

Up Special: Raising the Bar, Digit summons a bar graph below him, with the middle bar propelling him upwards and the left and right bars launching fighters upward. Can be charged up for stronger, higher bars, resulting in more vertical recovery distance and more upward attack coverage.

Down Special: Frantic Fractions, Digit holds up a random fraction above his wing before having the fraction absorb into himself. While in this state, any damage he takes is reduced by the amount of the fraction he absorbed, for example, if Digit absorbs a 1/4, all damage he takes are reduced by 25%, and if Digit absorbs a 1/2, than all damage he takes are halved! Effect wears off after 10 seconds and digit must wait for 5 seconds before using it again.

Entrance: Digit flies onto the stage in the spaceship he and the kids fly in and gets off it onto the stage

Taunt:
Digit takes out a calculator and types on it before holding it in the air with a "problem solved" look on his face

Victory: Digit can be seen gliding around, until he crash-lands, crumpling his beak. Digit fixes his beak before jumping a few times in the air and striking a pose.

Defeat: Digit applauds the winner.

R.I.P. Gilbert Gottfried, BTW

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I think Pop has covered all the bases for a Digit moveset so we will use his moveset. Now, for the next two jobs.

Job 52

Design/create a layout for Animal Junction as well as add hazards/gimmicks if needed

Job 53

Design/create a stage for Xavier Riddle as well as add hazards/gimmicks if needed.

Alright, it's stage creation time so use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 52: Animal Junction

A grounded stage with some wooden platforms to serve as the floating platforms of this stage. Various animals appear on the background of the stage doing their own things, including Zoboo himself! One hazard I had in mind for this stage is whenever the junction's food dispenser spills out food, this will cause a stampede of animals to rush in from either the left or right sides to get the food, damaging and launching fighters the animals make contact with. The stampedes also have a chance to actually grasp them and dragging them to the blast zones if the fighters do not escape. The only safe areas from the stampede are the wooden platforms.

Job 53: The Secret Museum
screenshot.1.jpg

What more obvious choice than the Secret Museum? This is the place where Xavier and Co go to to learn about which historical figure they are going to meet that is related to their real-world problems, and they all travel back in time to meet that historical figure and learn all about the things they did to change the world! After that, they apply what they learned from those historical figures to solve their real-world problems. This stage is a unique transforming stage as it has a central "main" area, being the museum itself, which is grounded and takes place in the center, and it does not transition in a linear order like most transforming stages, instead, it would transition to a different time period, thus changing the stage layout, before returning to the Secret Museum after some time. Think of it like a combination of Castle Siege (Transforming stage formation and transitioning between areas) and Pokémon Stadium (Normal formation at first that transforms into different stage forms for a certain amount of time before returning to normal). The Secret Museum will show which time period the fighters will travel to by showing the historical figure before transforming. Below is a list of the stage formations, historical figures and the stage layouts:

Rosa Parks Bus (Rosa Parks)
Stage layout is like Traffic Jam from Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. Rosa Parks herself can be seen in the bus as well!

Amelia's Airplane (Amelia Earhart)
Stage layout is like Light Plane from Smash Bros., with Amelia Earhart of coarse piloting her airplane.

Apple Tree (Isaac Newton)
Layout is an apple tree with a bunch of branches to serve as platforms. Apples will fall on timed intervals to damage anyone they make contact with. Isaac Newton can be seen leaning on the trunk of the apple tree, sitting and studying.

Storytelling Shed (the Bronte Sisters)
A grounded stage with tables serving as platforms. Occasionally, the books will open and create book platforms. The Bronte Sisters can be seen in the background as well.

Spooky Hill (Mary Shelley)
A simple hill formation stage with various stuff in the background made to look scary. Mary herself can be seen in one of the buildings faraway.

The U.S. in 1789 (George Washington)
A stage taking place on top of an old building with 1789 US scenery in the background along with George Washington himself!

The Track (Wilma Rudolph)
A grounded stage, but every now and then, a bunch of runners come in from the left, including Wilma Rudolph, and damage anyone they make contact with.

The Stage (Charlie Chaplin)
A show stage, with the curtain closing on timed intervals to transition to Charlie Chaplin doing a different stage act every time, and obscuring the battle view as well.

The Tennis Court (Billie Jean King)
A grounded stage with a bouncy net in the middle. A tennis ball serves as the hazard of this form, as Billie and another tennis player are playing tennis on this stage formation.

A Giant Pie (Julia Child)
A giant pie in the sky for a stage, with Julia Child herself in the background of the stage.

Peanut Fields (George Washington Carver)
A stage with hedges that form aerial solid platforms on random layouts every time. George Washington Carver himself can be seen in the background of the stage.

Tall Grass Fields at Night (Harriet Tubman)
A grounded stage with tall grass to obscure most of the fighters at ground level. Harriet Tubman herself can be seen in the background of the stage.

Marie's Lab (Marie Curie)
The fighters are miniaturized on a lab table in Marie Curie's lab! The hazards include potion liquids spilling on certain places, heater flames and other science stuff. Marie herself can be seen in the background examining her experiments. There is even a Morse Code message on a bottle that reads:
"-.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / .. - / ... . - / - --- / .-..-. -- .-..-. / ..-. --- .-. / -- .. -. .. --..-- / .-- .... . -. / .. - / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / ... . - / - --- / .-..-. .-- .-..-. / ..-. --- .-. / .-- ..- -- -... ---"

The Joy of Painting (Bob Ross)
The stage takes place in a painting with the formation changing depending on the painting's landscapes. Occasionally, the iconic "Happy Mistakes" will occasionally come in to either serve as platforms or to obscure parts of the stage. Bob Ross himself can be seen in this stage formation as well.

The Neighborhood Set (Fred Rogers)
A stage formation for an existing playable fighter in the game! Stage is the iconic stage set for Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, we will use the layouts PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn submitted for Animal Junction and Xavier Riddle's stage. I love the fact Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum had an episode dedicated to Mr. Rogers. Now, for the next job.

Job 54:

Submit two assists: one from a series already represented and one from a series that is not represented at all.
The top two assists from each category will be chosen. So, submit your ideas please.

My submissions:

Represented Series:

BJ (Barney)

ddvpy8g-91079546-85cc-4302-9ccd-0def55fbd21a.png

When used as an assist, he will heal the fighter by giving them pickles. Once the meter is filled, he will turn into Captain Pickles (his superhero alter-ego) and ride his scooter into the opponent with the accidental dropping of a pickle jar.

Unrepresented Series:

Aristotle "Ari" (Adventures from The Book of Virtues)

Unknown.jpeg

The prairie dog who is always seen with a bag of books would make for a great assist. Adventures from The Book of Virtues was a short lived series that aired on PBS from 1998-2000 and ran on reruns until September 4th, 2005. The series was animated by Porchlight and taught kids morals from various tales from folklore, Biblical tales, fairytales, etc. I feel some of the more obscurer IPs that have aired on PBS should be represented so throwing in an assist from the series is a good move.

Ari will dig holes for the fighter he is assisting, similar to the Bugs Bunny move in MultiVersus. When the meter fills up, he will open the book and will whack anyone in distance. He will then go back to digging holes as usual.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Represented Series: Yadina Riddle ( Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum)
latest.png

This was a move I had in mind for her that she normally never does in the show itself, but it was for when I had a moveset in mind for her, and I just think the move is so good. She tosses a Dr. Zoom bomb (Her plush turtle, the bomb is just a replica with a red light on top of the shell) that remains intact like an explosive mine, which explodes when anyone touches the bomb. The Dr. Zoom bombs can also be picked up by the fighter she is assisting. If nobody touches the bomb within some time, it will explode on its own. When the meter fills up, she will throw a bigger and stronger Dr. Zoom bomb! She is overall a great choice for edgeguarding.

Unrepresented series: Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series)
Anne_Shirley_Animated.png

A character from another obscure PBS Kids series. She hails from an animated adaptation of Anne of Green Gables, produced by Sullivan Entertainment. When she is on-stage, she will accidently spill water from a bucket that pushes other fighters away and the puddle acts as a slip trap. She will also even support the fighter she is assisting with fruit she picks in her show that has healing properties. When the meter is filled up, she will fly, which she only does in the intro to her show, and give the fighter she is assisting an upward lift, either for recovery or to follow up an aerial combo.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, I think I will close up the job now and add mine and Pop's assists to the list of assists. Now, for the next job.

Job 55:

Submit two items: one passive/healing and one aggressive item. The top two from each category will be used depending on participant count. Get submitting and making those ideas!

My ideas:

Passive/Healing: Cookies (I guess this relates to Sesame Street)

JT-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-articleLarge.jpg

Cookie Monster's favorite treat! Heals only 5% of damage and spawns frequently.

Aggressive:

Goop Ray (WordGirl)

Link to weapon here

Basically, when a fighter picks this item up, they can shoot out goop which gets an opponent frozen as in they are the goop for a few seconds leaving them open to attacks.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Passive/Healing: Backyard Soup (Elinor Wonders Why)
screenshot.2.jpg

A fresh soup made of the vegetables from Elinor's family garden! Heals a whopping 35% damage and grants a random buff to whoever drank it for a short time, such as increased attack power or slight knockback resistance.

Aggressive: Peanut Butter Blaster (Wordgirl)
Peanut_Butter_Gunna.png

Shoots globs of peanut butter that turn opponents into huge balls of peanut butter, which are bouncy and easy to launch. Because of this, it has very limited ammunition (5 at most)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tubby Custard Machine (Agressive)

"b****, that's the tubby custard machine" - descartes-and-thosecartes on Tumblr

Works like a tank, you move slowly and strafe while inside it and can't jump. You can angle yout custard up or down and fire it. It's extremely powerful but has a short range.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, I think I will close up the job now and add mine and Pop's assists to the list of assists. Now, for the next job.

Job 55:

Submit two items: one passive/healing and one aggressive item. The top two from each category will be used depending on participant count. Get submitting and making those ideas!

My ideas:

Passive/Healing: Cookies (I guess this relates to Sesame Street)

View attachment 352281

Cookie Monster's favorite treat! Heals only 5% of damage and spawns frequently.

Aggressive:

Goop Ray (WordGirl)

Link to weapon here

Basically, when a fighter picks this item up, they can shoot out goop which gets an opponent frozen as in they are the goop for a few seconds leaving them open to attacks.
Passive/Healing: Backyard Soup (Elinor Wonders Why)
View attachment 352287

A fresh soup made of the vegetables from Elinor's family garden! Heals a whopping 35% damage and grants a random buff to whoever drank it for a short time, such as increased attack power or slight knockback resistance.

Aggressive: Peanut Butter Blaster (Wordgirl)
View attachment 352288
Shoots globs of peanut butter that turn opponents into huge balls of peanut butter, which are bouncy and easy to launch. Because of this, it has very limited ammunition (5 at most)
Tubby Custard Machine (Agressive)

"b****, that's the tubby custard machine" - descartes-and-thosecartes on Tumblr

Works like a tank, you move slowly and strafe while inside it and can't jump. You can angle yout custard up or down and fire it. It's extremely powerful but has a short range.
Ok. I'll close the items job for now. Both me and Pop's passive/healing items will be put in but we will vote on aggressive items. Please vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own submission in second.

Goop Ray (WordGirl) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Peanut Butter Blaster (WordGirl) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Tubby Custard Machine (Teletubbies) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

1. Tubby Custard Machine (Teletubbies deserves more representation besides a healing item so the Tubby Custard Machine would give the franchise another item.)
2. Peanut Butter Blaster (Love the idea of limited ammunition for strategy and all. WordGirl has the best aggressive item potential.)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I am closing voting now.

Goop Ray: 2
Peanut Butter Blaster: 3
Tubby Custard Machine: 4

It seems the Tubby Custard Machine and the Peanut Butter Blaster are getting in so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn . Now for the next job.

Job 56:

Design/create a moveset for Hacker.

I kind of want him to be a grounded heavyweight zoner but use your imagination! I cannot wait to see the moveset ideas!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hacker
Series: Cyberchase
Debut: Cyberchase, Lost My Marbles (January 21, 2002)

"That's The Hacker to you!"

Hacker is a heavyweight character who has genuinely good jump, but sluggish acceleration in terms of his dashing and walking. He also tends to have a little endlag at the end of most of his attacks, which makes him the Ganondorf of this game

Gimmicks:
Many of Hacker's attacks are designed in a way that he is using program-hacking skills to give him more powerful-style attacks, because he is doing what he thinks will make the best out of him. Aesthetically, many of Hacker's attacks are covered in a green binary code-flare. On a technical level, although Hacker's attack may be slightly slow, they have serious launching power.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Hacker throws 2 punches (so long as the button is pressed rapidly, otherwise, he just throws a single punch), both with slight endlag, but have pretty strong knockback. Strong variant has Hacker preform a strong shoulder bash.

Light Up: Hacker preforms a leaping uppercut. Strong variant has him doing a stronger uppercut.

Light Down: Hacker performs a hack eruption, which two pillars of binary code flare bursts on both sides of him. Has slight startlag and endlag. Strong variant creates bigger and stronger pillars.

Neutral Special: Punch Hack, Hacker charges up a super-strong punch, to which the move can actually be held at the end of the punch charging by holding the special attack button. Pretty much like Warlock Punch.

Up Special: Teleport Hack, Hacker teleports to a different part of the stage depending on where the control stick is held.

Down Special: Terrain Hack, Hacker places a hacked laptop on the stage, and the grounded area near the laptop will make opponents easier to launch and have their damage rise slowly.

Entrance: Hacker flies onto the stage in the spaceship he flies in and gets off it onto the stage

Taunt: Hacker pulls out a small canvas and paints on it, and shows it when he is finished painting before putting it back.

Victory: Hacker is seen laughing in a evil and tyrannical way before making a "world taken over" pose, while Buzz and Delete cheer on him

Defeat: Hacker applauds the winner.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. We will use Pop's moveset for Hacker. Now, for the next job.

Job 57:

Create Classic Mode themes for the other fighters. You cannot do Big Bird, Arthur and Mr. Rogers as those themes have been decided.

You can submit classic mode themes anytime if someone has not submitted one for a character but consider this a bit of a discussion round. Get submitted and always use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I've got classic mode themes for ALL the current fighters, but you can still submit your own!

Dash: Let's Get Moving!, If there's one thing Dash and his siblings really loves doing, it's being active and getting fit! Dash is going on a sprint across his homeland to get physically healthy!, and having battles with any ruffians he comes across. The map displayed for Dash's classic mode route is a visual combination of the locations seen in PBS Kids channel IDs and bumpers, and Dash's position on the map is displayed with Dash himself, running.

Barney: Barney shows us lots of things, Barney is taking the kids on a train ride to many different locations to show them just how fun it is to visit places they've never seen before!, just so as long as Barney protects the children from any suspicious strangers who might stand in their way. The map displayed for Barney's classic mode route is a mish-mash of many imaginative lands thought up of by the kids, and Barney's position on the map is displayed with a train that Barney is conducting.

The Kratt Bros.: Protect those creatures' homelands!, The Kratt Bros. love studying animals, and protecting them too! Now it looks like some environmentally-unfriendly folks are polluting those animals' precious and beautiful homelands, which could lead to endangerment for a lot of animals! The Kratt Bros. have set out on a worldwide trip to many animals' homelands to show that animals and their homelands deserve a lot of respect and care. The map displayed for the Kratt Bros.'s classic mode route is a world map, and the Kratt Bros.'s position on the map is displayed with the Tortuga HQ.

Wordgirl: Word up, it's Wordgirl!, Watch out villians, here she comes! Wordgirl, as usual, soars above those who dare commit heinous crimes and having poor vocabulary skills! The map displayed for Wordgirl's classic mode route is a map of Fair City, and Wordgirl's position on the map is displayed with Wordgirl herself, flying.

Ms. Frizzle: Ride on the Magic School Bus, Ms. Frizzle is taking her class on a totally-normal field trip to many different locations that are out of this world, literally! However, it seems like those other worlds have citizens really willing to put up a fight! The map displayed for Ms. Frizzle's classic mode route is the solar system, and Ms. Frizzle's position on the map is displayed with the Magic School Bus.

Digit: Castleblanca Quest, Dr. Marbles has been captured by Hacker and taken to Castleblanca! Digit must travel to Castleblanca to stop Hacker from transferring Dr. Marbles' brain power to Hacker's new robot! The map displayed for Digit's classic mode route is a map of Cyberspace with a trail leading up to Castleblanca, and Digit's position on the map is displayed with him's and the kids' spaceship.

Hacker: The journey to hack all of Cyberspace, Hacker has discovered some new worlds to take over! Perhaps if he can take control of those lands, he can make all those he defeats bow before him! The map displayed for Hacker's classic mode route is a map of Cyberspace, and Hacker's position on the map is displayed with his spaceship.

Lionel: A storybook adventure in the library, Lionel has discovered a secret bookshelf in The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library that just happens to be a bookshelf full of magical books! Now Lionel is sucked inside each and every one of the magical books to their story worlds, where Lionel goes toe-to-toe with each of the storybooks' residents. The map displayed for Lionel's classic mode route is a library bookshelf, and Lionel's position on the map is displayed with himself, floating while surrounded by a magic aura.

Xavier Riddle: To the Secret Museum!, Xavier Riddle is suspecting trouble in the Secret Museum itself, it seems that, rather than taking him and the others to different time periods, it seems to be taking them to different universes filled with delinquents really looking for a worthy contender! Xavier sets out to make things right by going up against those mysterious contestants and making history right, but there maybe something else bigger, stronger and darker lurking within those multiverses. The map displayed for Xavier Riddle's classic mode route is the Secret Museum with multiple portals leading to different worlds, and Xavier Riddle's position on the map is displayed with Xavier himself, levitating like he and the others always do when travelling across time and space. The penultimate battle I have in mind for this route is a battle against a dark, shadow version of Xavier Riddle who, in addition to mimicking every one of Xavier's moves, also possess shadow powers.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. We will use Pop's themes as I like his themes the best. Now, onto the next job.

Job 58:

Submit scenarios for Events 10-12.

Events 10 and 11 will be Hacker and Lionel's events. Event 12 will be the PBS Kids World Tour part 2 by default.

Get submitting and remember use your imagination! I'll submit my ideas later or so.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Event #10: Hack N' Slash
Event description:
Hacker has discovered a secret location in Cyberspace that has 3 suspicious stone cubes that when power-granting artifacts are placed on them, they'll grant their users extra speed and power! Hacker decides to use those to his advantage to finally outsmart Digit and co.
Stage: Cyberspace
Player: Hacker
Opponent(s): Digit, Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (Represent Matt, Inez and Jackie respectively)
Event objective: As Hacker, your goal is to place 3 hacked laptops on the 3 stone cubes before your opponents arrive, who in this challenge have tremendous super armor and have extra launching power. When a hacked laptop is placed on a stone cube, it needs some time to fully charge up the laptop to fully grant Hacker more speed and power. The more stone cubes Hacker captures, the faster and stronger he will become to defeat his opponents and clear the event. Harder difficulty levels have longer charge time for the stone cubes and the opponents arrive sooner, making time management an important factor to this event.
Reference: Simply references the many locations of Cyberspace (and how there maybe some undiscovered secret areas) and how Hacker is always trying to make advantage of each of the lands he discovers for his evil plans.

Event #11: Cliff Hanger and the Potion of Flight
Event description:
Cliff Hanger has read about a sacred recipe in his Trusty Survival Manual for a potion that can allow him to levitate! Your job is to help Cliff gather all the ingredients needed to brew the potion. Follow Cliff's recipe, but be sure not to gather the wrong ones!
Stage: Cliff's Cliff
Player: Lionel
Assists: Chicken Jane
Opponent(s): Wordgirl, Xavier Riddle
Event objective: As Lionel, you must gather a certain number of ingredients, which are all of the healing items in this game (Cookies, Alphabet Soup, Milk, Milkbones, Donuts, Tubby Toast, Backyard Soup, as of currently), and put them into a cauldron somewhere on the stage to brew the Potion of Flight for Cliff. Cliff himself is standing behind the pot monitoring the brewing progress and giving instructions of which ingredient to put in next. Cliff will have a thought bubble appear over his head displaying the current healing item he wants you to put in the cauldron, and (very) specific to this event, Lionel has a net he can use to "catch" any ingredients that can spawn anywhere on stage by using a certain button to swing the net and attain the ingredient and then throw it back out with another press of the button. The number of ingredients needed to brew the potion is dependent on difficulty, 6 on easy, 8 on medium and 10 on hard, and the order of ingredients is random for every time, although the same ingredient is never repeated twice in a row. Occasionally, Wordgirl and Xavier Riddle, two fighters who are shown to fly or levitate in their shows, will come in to impede Lionel's progress, but they can be defeated and not spawn for a long time. If the ingredient put in the cauldron does not match the ingredient Cliff is thinking of, the contents in the cauldron will start to boil and then explode, leaving black ashes and smoke residue all over Cliff, failing the event. Once all of the ingredients have been collected, the contents of the potion will be gathered in a potion bottle, to which Cliff drinks it, though it only makes him hover 2 feet above the ground, clearing the event.
Reference: The Adventures of Cliff Hanger segments in Between the Lions, where Cliff always refers to his Trusty Survival Manual to help him escape the cliff, and although the instructions are highly unorthodox, they usually prove successful, helping Cliff escape the cliff briefly, before getting in another incident that gets him back to the cliff where he started.

Event #12: Dash's PBS Kids world tour, Pt. 2
Event description:
Dash's journey to the many PBS Kids worlds continues, but the residents of those worlds don't seem to welcome him with open arms!
Stage: Depends on the current opponent's homestage
Player: Dash (Dot, if the player holds a certain button before selecting the event)
Opponent(s): Wordgirl, Ms. Frizzle, Digit, Hacker, Lionel
Event objective: As Dash, you must fight the 5 opponents in their respective home stages in the order of their show debut. The order goes: Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus, September 10, 1994)----->Lionel (Between the Lions, April 3, 2000)----->Digit and Hacker (Cyberchase, January 21, 2002)----->Wordgirl (The Amazing Colossal Adventures of WordGirl, November 10, 2006 ). You can play as Dot if you hold a certain button before selecting the event.
Reference: None in particular, other than representing the mascot of the channel and documenting PBS Kids' history.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Event #10: Hacker's True Colors
Event Description:
Hacker has decided he wants to be good to run for potentate of Cyberspace. He found a cure of a certain triangular lock that can cure the Motherboard's virus he gave to her. Can you help Hacker prove he is worthy of doing well for Cyberspace?
Opponent(s): Digit, Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (Represent Matt, Inez and Jackie respectively)
Event objective: As Hacker, you need to place three laptops down on a certain spot on the stage to form a triangle via glowing beacons on the stage. If you get KOd before completing said task, you fail the event.
Reference: The Cyberchase episode True Colors where Hacker wants to be good and decides to help cure the Motherboard's virus.

Event #11: Cliff Hanger and The Fish and The Eagle
Event Description:
Cliff Hanger sees an eagle and his eaglets flying above the cliff ready to eat Cliff Hanger who is disguised as a fish. Can you show the eagle and eaglets where Cliff is so he can be rescued and free from his cliff?
Opponents: Big Bird (tiny) x3 (representing the eaglets), Big Bird x1 (representing the eagle)
Event objective: As Lionel, you need to KO the 3 tiny Big Birds to the blast zone where Cliff is as well as the regular sized Big Bird. If you KO them to the walk off blast zone on top of the cliff or you get KOd, you fail the mission.
Reference: The Adventures of Cliff Hanger story Cliff Hanger and The Fish and The Eagle (skip to 1:00 for the story) from the Between the Lions episode Something Fishy.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Event #10: Hack N' Slash
Event description:
Hacker has discovered a secret location in Cyberspace that has 3 suspicious stone cubes that when power-granting artifacts are placed on them, they'll grant their users extra speed and power! Hacker decides to use those to his advantage to finally outsmart Digit and co.
Event objective: As Hacker, your goal is to place 3 hacked laptops on the 3 stone cubes before your opponents arrive, who in this challenge have tremendous super armor and have extra launching power. When a hacked laptop is placed on a stone cube, it needs some time to fully charge up the laptop to fully grant Hacker more speed and power. The more stone cubes Hacker captures, the faster and stronger he will become to defeat his opponents and clear the event. Harder difficulty levels have longer charge time for the stone cubes and the opponents arrive sooner, making time management an important factor to this event.
Reference: Simply references the many locations of Cyberspace (and how there maybe some undiscovered secret areas) and how Hacker is always trying to make advantage of each of the lands he discovers for his evil plans.

Event #11: Cliff Hanger and the Potion of Flight
Event description:
Cliff Hanger has read about a sacred recipe in his Trusty Survival Manual for a potion that can allow him to levitate! Your job is to help Cliff gather all the ingredients needed to brew the potion. Follow Cliff's recipe, but be sure not to gather the wrong ones!
Assists: Chicken Jane
Opponent(s): Wordgirl, Xavier Riddle
Event objective: As Lionel, you must gather a certain number of ingredients, which are all of the healing items in this game (Cookies, Alphabet Soup, Milk, Milkbones, Donuts, Tubby Toast, Backyard Soup, as of currently), and put them into a cauldron somewhere on the stage to brew the Potion of Flight for Cliff. Cliff himself is standing behind the pot monitoring the brewing progress and giving instructions of which ingredient to put in next. Cliff will have a thought bubble appear over his head displaying the current healing item he wants you to put in the cauldron, and (very) specific to this event, Lionel has a net he can use to "catch" any ingredients that can spawn anywhere on stage by using a certain button to swing the net and attain the ingredient and then throw it back out with another press of the button. The number of ingredients needed to brew the potion is dependent on difficulty, 6 on easy, 8 on medium and 10 on hard, and the order of ingredients is random for every time, although the same ingredient is never repeated twice in a row. Occasionally, Wordgirl and Xavier Riddle, two fighters who are shown to fly or levitate in their shows, will come in to impede Lionel's progress, but they can be defeated and not spawn for a long time. If the ingredient put in the cauldron does not match the ingredient Cliff is thinking of, the contents n the cauldron will start to boil and then explode, leaving black ashes and smoke residue all over Cliff, failing the event. Once all of the ingredients have been collected, the contents of the potion will be gathered in a potion bottle, to which Cliff drinks it, though it only makes him hover 2 feet above the ground, clearing the event.
Reference: The Adventures of Cliff Hanger segments in Between the Lions, where Cliff always refers to his Trusty Survival Manual to help him escape the cliff, and although the instructions are highly unorthodox, they usually prove successful, helping Cliff escape the cliff briefly, before getting in another incident that gets him back to the cliff where he started.

Event #12: Dash's PBS Kids world tour, Pt. 2
Event description:
Dash's journey to the many PBS Kids worlds continues, but the residents of those worlds don't seem to welcome him with open arms!
Stage: Depends on the current opponent's homestage
Player: Dash (Dot, if the player holds a certain button before selecting the event)
Opponent(s): Wordgirl, Ms. Frizzle, Digit, Hacker, Lionel
Event objective: As Dash, you must fight the 5 opponents in their respective home stages in the order of their show debut. The order goes: Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus, September 10, 1994)----->Lionel (Between the Lions, April 3, 2000)----->Digit and Hacker (Cyberchase, January 21, 2002)----->Wordgirl (The Amazing Colossal Adventures of WordGirl, November 10, 2006 ). You can play as Dot if you hold a certain button before selecting the event.
Reference: None in particular, other than representing the mascot of the channel and documenting PBS Kids' history.
Event #10: Hacker's True Colors
Event Description:
Hacker has decided he wants to be good to run for potentate of Cyberspace. He found a cure of a certain triangular lock that can cure the Motherboard's virus he gave to her. Can you help Hacker prove he is worthy of doing well for Cyberspace?
Event objective: As Hacker, you need to place three laptops down on a certain spot on the stage to form a triangle via glowing beacons on the stage. If you get KOd before completing said task, you fail the event.
Reference: The Cyberchase episode True Colors where Hacker wants to be good and decides to help cure the Motherboard's virus.

Event #11: Cliff Hanger and The Fish and The Eagle
Event Description:
Cliff Hanger sees an eagle and his eaglets flying above the cliff ready to eat Cliff Hanger who is disguised as a fish. Can you show the eagle and eaglets where Cliff is so he can be rescued and free from his cliff?
Opponents: Big Bird (tiny) x3 (representing the eaglets), Big Bird x1 (representing the eagle)
Event objective: As Lionel, you need to KO the 3 tiny Big Birds to the blast zone where Cliff is as well as the regular sized Big Bird. If you KO them to the walk off blast zone on top of the cliff or you get KOd, you fail the mission.
Reference: The Adventures of Cliff Hanger story Cliff Hanger and The Fish and The Eagle (skip to 1:00 for the story) from the Between the Lions episode Something Fishy.
Ok. I will close Job 58 for now. Please vote for the event ideas you want to see for Hacker and Lionel's events please. The idea for Event 12 made by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will be used by default for Event 12.

Hacker Event Poll
Lionel Event Poll

Now, for the next job.

Job 59:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids franchise that is not represented in the game at all. This stage will deconfirm any fighters from that stage's series! Get submitting and use your imagination as always!

My submission: The Puzzle Place (The Puzzle Place)

Unknown.jpeg

Basically The Puzzle Place is one of the older PBS Kids franchises that aired on PBS before PBS Kids was an official brand (so during the PTV Park era) from 1995-1998 and then reruns till 2000 (Between The Lions replaced The Puzzle Place). The show talked about topics such as racism, sexism, making moral decisions, etc. Therefore, it was one of the most popular PBS Kids shows at the time alongside Sesame Street. Alongside that, the show had a diverse cast of characters who were Muppets as they were different races, ethnicities, had a disability, etc. I thought it would be hard to represent the franchise with a character so why not do The Puzzle Place itself as a stage.

The stage is the main setting of the show. It is an industrial plant where jigsaw puzzles on manufactured as well as a place where the characters hang out. The basis of the stage will be based off of this playlet for the show. It is a huge stage where you can fight on the stairs and the various rooms of the place. Gears will occasionally spin. Any fighter who hits the gear will receive 15% damage. Also, the various characters of The Puzzle Place will appear in the background just socializing or watching the fight. Basically, this is the Tomodachi Life stage meets The Great Cave Offensive.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Mine is a resubmission: The Island of Sodor

I feel that Thomas the Tank Engine is too iconic to leave out of this game, and I thought one good way to represent this franchise is through a stage! The stage is set on top of the engines, and the engines you fight on will be random every time the stage is selected (Engines include Thomas, Percy, James, Edward, Gordon, Henry, Toby, Emily, Spencer and possibly others). The engines normally drive around the Island of Sodor's railways, passing by memorable locations such as Brendam Docks and Knapford Station, and carrying their respective coaches and trucks (Annie and Clarabel for Thomas, Henrietta for Toby, Gordon pulls his express coaches, Troublesome Trucks for most others). Basically, think of it like the Spirit Train stage in Smash Bros.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok. I will close Job 58 for now. Please vote for the event ideas you want to see for Hacker and Lionel's events please. The idea for Event 12 made by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will be used by default for Event 12.

Hacker Event Poll
Lionel Event Poll

Now, for the next job.

Job 59:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids franchise that is not represented in the game at all. This stage will deconfirm any fighters from that stage's series! Get submitting and use your imagination as always!

My submission: The Puzzle Place (The Puzzle Place)

View attachment 352728

Basically The Puzzle Place is one of the older PBS Kids franchises that aired on PBS before PBS Kids was an official brand (so during the PTV Park era) from 1995-1998 and then reruns till 2000 (Between The Lions replaced The Puzzle Place). The show talked about topics such as racism, sexism, making moral decisions, etc. Therefore, it was one of the most popular PBS Kids shows at the time alongside Sesame Street. Alongside that, the show had a diverse cast of characters who were Muppets as they were different races, ethnicities, had a disability, etc. I thought it would be hard to represent the franchise with a character so why not do The Puzzle Place itself as a stage.

The stage is the main setting of the show. It is an industrial plant where jigsaw puzzles on manufactured as well as a place where the characters hang out. The basis of the stage will be based off of this playlet for the show. It is a huge stage where you can fight on the stairs and the various rooms of the place. Gears will occasionally spin. Any fighter who hits the gear will receive 15% damage. Also, the various characters of The Puzzle Place will appear in the background just socializing or watching the fight. Basically, this is the Tomodachi Life stage meets The Great Cave Offensive.
Mine is a resubmission: The Island of Sodor

I feel that Thomas the Tank Engine is too iconic to leave out of this game, and I thought one good way to represent this franchise is through a stage! The stage is set on top of the engines, and the engines you fight on will be random every time the stage is selected (Engines include Thomas, Percy, James, Edward, Gordon, Henry, Toby, Emily, Spencer and possibly others). The engines normally drive around the Island of Sodor's railways, passing by memorable locations such as Brendam Docks and Knapford Station, and carrying their respective coaches and trucks (Annie and Clarabel for Thomas, Henrietta for Toby, Gordon pulls his express coaches, Troublesome Trucks for most others). Basically, think of it like the Spirit Train stage in Smash Bros.
Ok. I am closing Job 59 for now. Please vote for the stage you want to see in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Unrepresented Series Stage Poll

Now, for the next job.

Job 60:

Submit/design a moveset for Lionel.

I am actually considering submitting a moveset for this one and I envision him as a lightweight> I also have a cool gimmick in mind for him but do not want to spoil the surprise just yet! Get moveset crafting and use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Lionel Lion
Series: Between the Lions
Debut: Between the Lions, Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West (April 3, 2000)

Lionel.png

"Dad, if it's any consolation, I thought it would work too."
Lionel is a slightly-heavy lightweight (about Fox's weight) who has above-average speed and a moderately-high jump, with his main drawback, like other lightweights, being easier to launch. His attacks mainly focus on combos and getting to the knockback point.

Gimmicks:
Due to his love for books and how he wants to get things done in the least-violent ways possible, he will pull out the various books of the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library to help him out in the fight for most of his attacks! The attacks themselves involve the book characters coming out of books to perform certain actions.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Lionel pulls out a book with a cow typing on a typewriter who types letters that fly out to damage anyone they fly into, with the cow typing faster and sending out more letters faster when the button is pressed repeatedly before finishing off with a HUGE word. Strong variant has the cow type a MASSIVE word.

Light Up: Lionel pulls out a book with a popcorn popper that pops 3 popcorn in the air that deal damage. Strong variant has the popcorn pop much higher and harder, resulting in more damage and knockback.

Light Down: Lionel sweeps using a hand duster into a dustpan as if he's cleaning the library's floors. The only move that doesn't have Lionel use a book. Spammable. Strong variant has Lionel sweep faster and harder.

Neutral Special: Lionel opens a book that either spawns a lucky duck (has a chance to critical hit), Larry the rock (Hits hard), a red hat (deals fire damage), or a green hat (acts as a multihit vortex). The book object will remain on stage until Lionel uses neutral special again to claim it back, to which the object will damage anyone in its path.

Up Special: Lionel opens one of his favorite book series, The Adventures of Cliff Hanger, and takes a ride on the helicopter from the said book series!

Down Special: Lionel opens a book of Greek Myths which has Pandora's Box come out and unleash a pesky spirit that possesses a random fighter and gives them negative status effects, such as dizzy, poison or sleep.

Entrance: Lionel comes out of the doors of the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library into the fight!

Taunt: Lionel pulls out a random book and examines it before putting the book back

Victory: Lionel jumps for joy as Theo, Cleo, Leona, Click, the Info Hen, and Heath all cheer on him.

Defeat: Lionel applauds the winner.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I forgot to announce during my post for the job of Lionel's moveset that the ideas posed by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for Events 10 and 11 won the poll will be used! So, congrats to him. Without further ado, here is my vision for Lionel's moveset.

Similar to Pop, Lionel is around Fox's weight and is basically a glass cannon. He is heavily combo-oriented character but also has a huge emphasis on stage control.

Gimmick for Lionel:
My gimmick I had envisioned for Lionel would involve one of the side characters from Between the Lions being Click the Mouse. With her, Lionel is able to gain control of the fighters with his neutral special as he can use a lock-on gimmick for Click to "click" on them and cause Lionel to do an auto combo. Basically, very similar to Sora but Click actually drags the other fighters as she would to the other characters in the show.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Lucky Duck Attack

Lionel pulls out a book and will pull out a cute, little, lucky duck or the Big Bad Duck if the strong variant is used causing more damage and knock back.

Light Up: Red Hat, Green Hat

Lionel pulls out a book and he will lift out a red hat if light or a green hat if the strong variant is used causing more damage and knock back.

Light Down: Library Cleanup

Same as Pop's idea, Lionel sweeps using a hand duster into a dustpan as if he's cleaning the library's floors. The only move that doesn't have Lionel use a book. Spammable. Strong variant has Lionel sweep faster and harder.

Neutral Special: Click, At Your Service

Lionel sends out Click the Mouse. Once after sending her out, you can press the neutral special button again allowing for you to lock on a fighter for Click to drag towards you similar to a grab. Thus, making it easier for Lionel to combo attacks.

Up Special: Helicopter Ride

The helicopter from The Adventures of Cliff Hanger comes out and gives Lionel a ride up to the stage similar to K. Rool's up special.

Down Special: Pecos Bill's Wild West Cleanup

Lionel opens up a book and Pecos Bill will come out of the book with a tornado he is riding on. He will place the book wherever the use is moved and Pecos Bill will spawn for a few seconds. If any fighter gets close to the tornado, they will be sent upwards.

Entrance:

Lionel slides down a library staircase to the stage.

Taunt:

Lionel does the "Ooh, aah" dance he does sometimes when happy.

Victory:

Lionel's family and all the other library patrons crowd around Lionel to celebrate his victory.

Defeat:

Lionel happily applauds the winner.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Lionel Lion
Series: Between the Lions
Debut: Between the Lions, Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West (April 3, 2000)

View attachment 352825
"Dad, if it's any consolation, I thought it would work too."
Lionel is a slightly-heavy lightweight (about Fox's weight) who has above-average speed and a moderately-high jump, with his main drawback, like other lightweights, being easier to launch. His attacks mainly focus on combos and getting to the knockback point.

Gimmicks:
Due to his love for books and how he wants to get things done in the least-violent ways possible, he will pull out the various books of the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library to help him out in the fight for most of his attacks! The attacks themselves involve the book characters coming out of books to perform certain actions.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Lionel pulls out a book with a cow typing on a typewriter who types letters that fly out to damage anyone they fly into, with the cow typing faster and sending out more letters faster when the button is pressed repeatedly before finishing off with a HUGE word. Strong variant has the cow type a MASSIVE word.

Light Up: Lionel pulls out a book with a popcorn popper that pops 3 popcorn in the air that deal damage. Strong variant has the popcorn pop much higher and harder, resulting in more damage and knockback.

Light Down: Lionel sweeps using a hand duster into a dustpan as if he's cleaning the library's floors. The only move that doesn't have Lionel use a book. Spammable. Strong variant has Lionel sweep faster and harder.

Neutral Special: Lionel opens a book that either spawns a lucky duck (has a chance to critical hit), Larry the rock (Hits hard), a red hat (deals fire damage), or a green hat (acts as a multihit vortex). The book object will remain on stage until Lionel uses neutral special again to claim it back, to which the object will damage anyone in its path.

Up Special: Lionel opens a book with shooting stars and rides a shooting star, can be launched in 8 directions, like Fire Fox.

Down Special: Lionel opens a book of Greek Myths which has Pandora's Box come out and unleash a pesky spirit that possesses a random fighter and gives them negative status effects, such as dizzy, poison or sleep.

Entrance: Lionel comes out of the doors of the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library into the fight!

Taunt: Lionel pulls out a random book and examines it before putting the book back

Victory: Lionel jumps for joy as Theo, Cleo, Leona, Click, the Info Hen, and Heath all cheer on him.

Defeat: Lionel applauds the winner.
I forgot to announce during my post for the job of Lionel's moveset that the ideas posed by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for Events 10 and 11 won the poll will be used! So, congrats to him. Without further ado, here is my vision for Lionel's moveset.

Similar to Pop, Lionel is around Fox's weight and is basically a glass cannon. He is heavily combo-oriented character but also has a huge emphasis on stage control.

Gimmick for Lionel:
My gimmick I had envisioned for Lionel would involve one of the side characters from Between the Lions being Click the Mouse. With her, Lionel is able to gain control of the fighters with his neutral special as he can use a lock-on gimmick for Click to "click" on them and cause Lionel to do an auto combo. Basically, very similar to Sora but Click actually drags the other fighters as she would to the other characters in the show.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Lucky Duck Attack

Lionel pulls out a book and will pull out a cute, little, lucky duck or the Big Bad Duck if the strong variant is used causing more damage and knock back.

Light Up: Red Hat, Green Hat

Lionel pulls out a book and he will lift out a red hat if light or a green hat if the strong variant is used causing more damage and knock back.

Light Down: Library Cleanup

Same as Pop's idea, Lionel sweeps using a hand duster into a dustpan as if he's cleaning the library's floors. The only move that doesn't have Lionel use a book. Spammable. Strong variant has Lionel sweep faster and harder.

Neutral Special: Click, At Your Service

Lionel sends out Click the Mouse. Once after sending her out, you can press the neutral special button again allowing for you to lock on a fighter for Click to drag towards you similar to a grab. Thus, making it easier for Lionel to combo attacks.

Up Special: Helicopter Ride

The helicopter from The Adventures of Cliff Hanger comes out and gives Lionel a ride up to the stage similar to K. Rool's up special.

Down Special: Pecos Bill's Wild West Cleanup

Lionel opens up a book and Pecos Bill will come out of the book with a tornado he is riding on. He will place the book wherever the use is moved and Pecos Bill will spawn for a few seconds. If any fighter gets close to the tornado, they will be sent upwards.

Entrance:

Lionel slides down a library staircase to the stage.

Taunt:

Lionel does the "Ooh, aah" dance he does sometimes when happy.

Victory:

Lionel's family and all the other library patrons crowd around Lionel to celebrate his victory.

Defeat:

Lionel happily applauds the winner.
Ok, I will close the Lionel moveset job. Also, The Island of Sodor will be our next stage from an unrepresented series so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and his idea and Thomas the Tank Engine is now represented in this game.

Please read through both Lionel movesets and choose which one should we use for Lionel in the poll below.

Lionel Moveset Poll

Now, for the next job.

Job 61:

Submit two items: one passive/healing item and one aggressive item. The top two from each category will be chosen.

Also, I want to pose a discussion question to further traffic/discussion in this thread.

How should we handle the marketing/hype for PBS Kids: Brawltime? How should we promote the game like other platform fighters have? How should we reveal new fighters post the big game reveal trailer?

For my items:

Passive/Healing: Lambchops (Technically Between the Lions)

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2013__02__Rosem...jpg

One of the Lion's family's favorite treats! Heals 5% of the fighter's damage.

Aggressive: PBS Kids Racer (PBS Kids Bumpers/Idents)

hqdefault.jpg

More representation for the PBS Kids Bumpers/Idents here. A racer of a smaller scale will spawn on the stage and a fighter can pick it up and press the attack button again to allow it to zoom across the stage. Any fighter that gets hit by the car will receive 15% damage.

For my discussion question, here is what I was thinking.

My idea for PBS Kids Brawltime! and the marketing timeline:

• We do the reveal trailer as well as reveal other things going on with the game. This will include...
  • PBS Kids Brawltime! Meet The Fighters: A YouTube series similar to the videos posted by Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl regarding overviews of the fighters; these videos will give overviews of the fighters, a bit of background on their history, their stage and gameplay footage.
  • Other overview videos such as General gameplay overview, other modes overview, assists, etc.
  • A PBS Kids: Brawltime Invitational should definitely happen as well. This will be a 12 man invitational starring big names in the platform fighter community in a character-locked bracket showcasing off the game. This will further into the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Learning Tour where the game travels to different platform fighter events/Smash majors as a big side event.
  • Character reveals will happen at these events and online sporadically. 1 new character revealed at the invitational, 2 more at a bigger event, 2 more at another event, and the last 3 online in a bigger showcase.
  • Then, release, eSports stuff and DLC talk which will happen later.
Please do not forget to do the discussion question as well as I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My items:
Healing/Passive: Strawberry Jam (Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum)
screenshot.4.jpg

The strawberry jam in a huge glass bowl Xavier and co helped Julia Child make! Heals 25% damage

Aggressive: Sid's magnifying glass (Sid the Science Kid)
screenshot.5.jpg

A versatile aggressive item. When the standard attack button is held down, its welder will hold it up, releasing a heat beam that deals constant fire damage overtime. When its wielder presses the standard attack button while crouching, they will magnify themselves, making them temporarily huge in the process!

I think the marketing timeline for the game should go like this:
  • A reveal trailer is revealed at E3, revealing the initial 12 characters as well as some gameplay footage
  • A series of Meet the Fighters videos much like the ones for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl are posted on a regular basis, showcasing each characters' moves, history, stage and footage of them in action.
  • A direct-style video showcasing gameplay overview, modes, assists, etc.
  • The game is featured in a big invitational starring big members of the platform fighting community in a character-locked bracket showcasing the game. This leads to it getting big side events at major tournaments and events, showcasing off the game even more.
  • The game is featured at major gaming events, such as Gamescom and PAX, where it gets trailers revealing the remaining 8 characters. This also happens in Direct-style presentations too.
  • Release, eSports and DLC are discussed after launch.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I think I will close the items job for now. Both me and Pop's items will join. Also, congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for having more votes for his Lionel moveset! Now, for the next job:

Job 62:

Submit two assists: one from a represented series and one from an unrepresented series that is not represented at all.
The top two assists from each category will be chosen. So, submit your ideas please and remember..use your imagination!

My submissions:

Represented Series: Delete (Cyberchase)

160618.png

When used an assist, he will follow around the fighter as well as occasionally inflict damage (50% chance he will give you 1% of damage) due to his
clumsy nature. However, once the assist meter is full, he will extend his arms and grab the other fighter(s) for a few seconds allowing you to attack them more easily.

Unrepresented Series: Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music)

TomChapin,Amy,Lomax,Delta.jpg

A great way to squeeze in an obscurer PBS Kids IP. When used as an assist, Lomax (the hound dog in the photo) will follow the fighter around playing country music or singing it healing 5% occasionally. When the meter is full, Lomax will gather his friends and they will put on a country concert causing the battle camera to zoom in on them (making the blastzones smaller on the stage, think the Squid Sisters assist trophy).

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My submissions
Represented Series: Aviva Corcovado (Wild Kratts)
latest.png

A side character who also bears creature power herself! She's also very versatile too! When the fighter she is assisting is about to get KO'd from the blastzone or if they need a lift for an aerial power, she will use hawk power to fly her fighter upwards. On normal occasions, she'll use bear or gorilla power to perform heavy hitting punches usually as a combo finisher or to act as a non-charge strong attack. She also has a counter move she'll sometimes use where she uses predatory cat power to preform a strong leaping attack when she's attacked in her countered state. When the meter is full, she'll use fox power to perform a powerful tail swipe with very high knockback!

Unrepresented Series: Princess Presto (Super Why!)
PrincessPresto1-56a775895f9b58b7.png

An iconic PBS Kids show that I'm surprised isn't represented here yet. A member of the Super Readers, she's a princess who loves to spell! Using her spelling powers, she'll spell out words to help out the fighter she is assisting depending on the situation. Examples include spelling "Wind" to summon a gust of wind to blow other fighters and items off the stage, spelling "Bell" to have a giant bell fall from the sky to damage and bury opponents under the bell, or "Item" to give the fighter she is assisting an item! (Mostly aggressive items) When the meter is full, she'll spell "Big" before the word she'll spell to have a bigger, stronger version of that word's effect appear on the stage.

D

Deleted member

MV5BZDNkZjMyMTEtM2U2Mi00OTkwLWFjMjItY2Q3ZjllMjUyYzlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYzMDM0NTU@._V1_.jpg

Lavar Burton (Reading Rainbow)

Geordi La Forge himself. He'll appear in the background and start to read a story. Words will fly across the screen and you can mash them together. The right combos can heal and the wrong can do damage. Think like the Brain Training asssit from Smash. He'll vanish with a rainbow that spreads across the screen, acting as a temporary platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I think I will close the items job for now. Both me and Pop's items will join. Also, congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for having more votes for his Lionel moveset! Now, for the next job:

Job 62:

Submit two assists: one from a represented series and one from an unrepresented series that is not represented at all.
The top two assists from each category will be chosen. So, submit your ideas please and remember..use your imagination!

My submissions:

Represented Series: Delete (Cyberchase)

View attachment 352963

When used an assist, he will follow around the fighter as well as occasionally inflict damage (50% chance he will give you 1% of damage) due to his
clumsy nature. However, once the assist meter is full, he will extend his arms and grab the other fighter(s) for a few seconds allowing you to attack them more easily.

Unrepresented Series: Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music)

View attachment 352965

A great way to squeeze in an obscurer PBS Kids IP. When used as an assist, Lomax (the hound dog in the photo) will follow the fighter around playing country music or singing it healing 5% occasionally. When the meter is full, Lomax will gather his friends and they will put on a country concert causing the battle camera to zoom in on them (making the blastzones smaller on the stage, think the Squid Sisters assist trophy).
My submissions
Represented Series: Aviva Corcovado (Wild Kratts)
View attachment 353006
A side character who also bears creature power herself! She's also very versatile too! When the fighter she is assisting is about to get KO'd from the blastzone or if they need a lift for an aerial power, she will use hawk power to fly her fighter upwards. On normal occasions, she'll use bear or gorilla power to perform heavy hitting punches usually as a combo finisher or to act as a non-charge strong attack. She also has a counter move she'll sometimes use where she uses predatory cat power to preform a strong leaping attack when she's attacked in her countered state. When the meter is full, she'll use fox power to perform a powerful tail swipe with very high knockback!

Unrepresented Series: Princess Presto (Super Why!)
View attachment 353008
An iconic PBS Kids show that I'm surprised isn't represented here yet. A member of the Super Readers, she's a princess who loves to spell! Using her spelling powers, she'll spell out words to help out the fighter she is assisting depending on the situation. Examples include spelling "Wind" to summon a gust of wind to blow other fighters and items off the stage, spelling "Bell" to have a giant bell fall from the sky to damage and bury opponents under the bell, or "Item" to give the fighter she is assisting an item! (Mostly aggressive items) When the meter is full, she'll spell "Big" before the word she'll spell to have a bigger, stronger version of that word's effect appear on the stage.
View attachment 353035
Lavar Burton (Reading Rainbow)

Geordi La Forge himself. He'll appear in the background and start to read a story. Words will fly across the screen and you can mash them together. The right combos can heal and the wrong can do damage. Think like the Brain Training asssit from Smash. He'll vanish with a rainbow that spreads across the screen, acting as a temporary platform.
Ok. I will close the assists job. Since me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn were the only ones who submitted characters from already represented franchises, ours will get in by default. We need to vote on the assists from franchises who are not represented yet on the roster. Please vote for your top 2. Only your own submission can go in second.

Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Princess Presto (Super Why!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
LeVar Burton (Reading Rainbow) @Darkonedagger

1. Princess Presto (I'm surprised we have not gotten anything from Super Why! yet so there's this.)
2. Lomax (Self-vote but I love the obscure PBS Kids IPs so Lomax should be in the game in some form.)

I feel I will introduce the next job now to keep the thread going.

Job 63:

Submit a multiplayer gameplay mode idea.

My idea:

PBS Kids Marathon

Similar to the Squad Strike mode in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you pick 3 or 5 characters. There will also be a tag team mode where you can swap between your characters.

Get voting and submitting. And always remember, use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. LeVar Burton
2. Princess Presto

My multiplayer mode: Playground Pandemonium
In this mode, the goal is to compete in a certain number of activities on a playground, such as soccer, tetherball, jungle gym maze to the slide, bouncy castle, etc., and obtain play points. The better your performance on a playground activity, the more points you'll get. There are also "buddy cards" that are obtainable in certain ways on certain playground activates, such as being in some places in the jungle gym or spawning in certain spots on ball sports, which grant you an extra stock for the final playground activity depending on the character on the buddy card. Speaking of the final playground activity, it is a battle with random conditions on a random stage. The player with the most points is deemed the Playground Champion and wins!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok. I will close the assists job. Since me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn were the only ones who submitted characters from already represented franchises, ours will get in by default. We need to vote on the assists from franchises who are not represented yet on the roster. Please vote for your top 2. Only your own submission can go in second.

Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Princess Presto (Super Why!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
LeVar Burton (Reading Rainbow) @Darkonedagger

1. Princess Presto (I'm surprised we have not gotten anything from Super Why! yet so there's this.)
2. Lomax (Self-vote but I love the obscure PBS Kids IPs so Lomax should be in the game in some form.)

I feel I will introduce the next job now to keep the thread going.

Job 63:

Submit a multiplayer gameplay mode idea.

My idea:

PBS Kids Marathon

Similar to the Squad Strike mode in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you pick 3 or 5 characters. There will also be a tag team mode where you can swap between your characters.

Get voting and submitting. And always remember, use your imagination!
1. LeVar Burton
2. Princess Presto

My multiplayer mode: Playground Pandemonium
In this mode, the goal is to compete in a certain number of activities on a playground, such as soccer, tetherball, jungle gym maze to the slide, bouncy castle, etc., and obtain play points. The better your performance on a playground activity, the more points you'll get. There are also "buddy cards" that are obtainable in certain ways on certain playground activates, such as being in some places in the jungle gym or spawning in certain spots on ball sports, which grant you an extra stock for the final playground activity depending on the character on the buddy card. Speaking of the final playground activity, it is a battle with random conditions on a random stage. The player with the most points is deemed the Playground Champion and wins!
Alright. Voting is closed and Job 63 is closed!

Results:
Lomax: 1
Princess Presto: 5
LeVar Burton: 3

LeVar and Princess Presto will be added as assists to the game so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and @Darkonedagger ! Also, be sure to read through the two multiplayer modes submitted and vote on which one you want to see in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Multiplayer Mode Poll

Now, for the next job.

Job 64:

Submit/design a moveset for Xavier Riddle.

I know Pop has said he wants Xavier to a semi floaty character and the liking. So, be sure to get those ideas down and get submitting! Use your imagination as always!

Top Bottom