• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 30:

Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus)

2D1D571F-4D3B-4BEC-84E7-43D3BD4D5AA2.png

She’s a no brainer choice for me given I have grown up with The Magic School Bus. The TV series was based off of the books published by Scholastic. The show taught children and young viewers about science as Ms. Frizzle would take her class on field trips. She’s hella iconic and would have the best alternate costumes in the game (I know someone submitted her for the first job).

Her moveset can be based around science and the liking. Maybe even The Magic School Bus can be the stage or a part of the Frizz’s moveset. I know we already have a lot of characters from the past but what’s a PBS crossover without one of the most iconic children’s book characters who is a woman in STEM and an inspiration to young girls/women getting into the fields of science? She seems like the best choice.

I was stuck between her or Anne from Anne of Green Gables but The Frizz is just more iconic.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alrigh! Job 30 is closed! Time to vote. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second.

Peg (Peg + Cat) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (Arthur) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

My votes:
1. Peg (I feel we need more modern PBS shows on the roster for sure).
2. Ms. Frizzle (Self-vote but she really deserves it. Plus. she would have the coolest costumes in the game.)

Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny is a super unique idea. It's just I want to try to represent as many PBS franchises as possible on the roster. It was tough between my submission and the other 2.

Alrighty everyone, time for the next job:

Job 30:

Calling all girls! PBS Kids Girls, Unite!
Nominate a character from a PBS Kids show that primarily stars a female protagonist, thus please nominate for a female character. The reason this theme was chosen for this character submission job is due to the lack of female representation in the character roster currently, and every platform fighter has had at least 1 female fighter, 2 at minimum usually. Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

So yeah, please submit a girl or woman for this character submission job, since we could really use more female fighters.

Here's mine:
Peg (Peg +Cat, 2013)

Their show centers a lot around problem-solving using math, similar to Cyberchase. Ironically, the backgrounds for most of the show is graph paper, to fit with the show's theme of mathematics and math word-problems.

They both deserve to be in the roster because I personally think it's a very cute show and many elements of the show are really loveable, the characters, settings, to pretty much everything. They both also have potential for a "tag-team" style moveset, much like Rosalina and Luma.

Peg would be a lighter-middleweight, with above-average mobility and jumping skills, to match her character. Her moveset would involve using stuff that she's used over the course of her show to solve the problems she encountered. One gimmick idea I have is that she can have some kind of number system where if she performs certain commands, she can summon a number that can either be stored with her or placed on-stage to be used as a projectile, when the numbers add up to a certain amount, Peg can use the number to either buff herself or use it as a very strong projectile that can make powerful explosions. Cat would only appear during certain moves, the taunt, victory animation, and those stuff.
Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (Arthur)

Mary Moo Cow is a parody of Barney from Arthur. I think we should have at least one in-universe fictional character and it'd be pretty fun to have a character alongside their own parody. As a parody, perhaps her moveset could reflect the more commercial side of characters like Barney, using her comically niche toys and merchandise!

Dark Bunny, on the other hand, is a parody of Batman - more specifically TAS Batman. He would be more agressive and direct than any other fighter on the roster.

As a stance fighter, you would switch between them like Arthur and DW fighting over the remote. Both are heavyweights - Dark Bunny would likely be faster and more agressive, while Mary would be defensive based and perhaps a bit of a zoner.
Job 30:

Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus)

View attachment 349893

She’s a no brainer choice for me given I have grown up with The Magic School Bus. The TV series was based off of the books published by Scholastic. The show taught children and young viewers about science as Ms. Frizzle would take her class on field trips. She’s hella iconic and would have the best alternate costumes in the game (I know someone submitted her for the first job).

Her moveset can be based around science and the liking. Maybe even The Magic School Bus can be the stage or a part of the Frizz’s moveset. I know we already have a lot of characters from the past but what’s a PBS crossover without one of the most iconic children’s book characters who is a woman in STEM and an inspiration to young girls/women getting into the fields of science? She seems like the best choice.

I was stuck between her or Anne from Anne of Green Gables but The Frizz is just more iconic.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I am going to close voting early since our usual population has already voted. Here are the results!

Peg: 5
Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny: 3
Ms. Frizzle: 10

By a whopping 10 votes, our 8th fighter for PBS Kids: Brawltime! will be none other than the science teacher with a sense of adventure, Miss Frizzle! A well-deserving pick for a character who is super iconic for sure.

Now, time for Job 31.

Job 31:

Discuss how we should make classic/arcade mode work in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Considering it is the norm for platform fighters to have some sort of classic/arcade mode, we should discuss how our version would work. Would it be like a ladder, like Smash's classic mode, etc.? I'll share my ideas soon once I think of something.

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so they way on how I think PBS Kids: Brawltime's classic/arcade mode should work is that it would be similar to Smash Bros. Ultimate's classic mode, where every classic mode route is named after and themed around a specific character and their themes and goals, but unlike Smash Bros. Ultimate's classic mode, every stage is randomized, and each has a random selection of characters and character teams much like older Smash Bros games. There will be about 11 stages per classic mode route, 7 normal battles, 2 bonus stages (ala break the targets), a penultimate special stage specific to every character, and the final boss battle (which we will discuss for a later time). Whenever you finish a battle or stage, you are awarded with "Learning Points", in addition to the points you get normally for winning, which are bonus points for certain actions and stuff you have done, similar to the bonuses from Smash Bros 64 to Brawl. The way how the route will be displayed is with a map similar to Street Fighter 2's map (but larger to see where their character is going) and ABCMouse.com's step-by-step learning path (ABCMouse.com is an educational website that funded a lot of modern PBS Kids shows), but the map is also inspired from Dora the Explorer (Only inspired, Dora the Explorer is a Nickelodeon property, so it's not represented here in PBS Kids Brawltime!), where the Map would give out the route from start to finish in every Dora the Explorer episode. Each classic mode route is mostly centered around a plot involving the character doing something in/for their home countries and lands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's way too early to be giving off ideas for classic mode routes, but here are 3 examples I made just to be clear on how each classic mode route is themed, they will not be more elaborate until the next job for actually coming up with classic/arcade mode routes.

Big Bird: Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?, Looks like there are some new visitors who are lost and can't find their way to Sesame Street! Perhaps Big Bird is the navigation wagon, and he can lead the way. The map displayed for Big Bird's classic mode route is a long trial leading up to Sesame Street, and Big Bird's position on the map is displayed with Big Bird on his bicycle.

Mr. Rogers: Thugs in the Land of Make Believe! Be kind, will you?, Oh no! There's some troublemakers wandering about in the Land of Make Believe, and they seem to display signs of horridness and being unkind. Mr. Rogers sets out on a quest through the Land of Make Believe to help spread the word of how things are better when everyone are good-hearted. The map displayed for Mr. Rogers' classic mode route is the Land of Make Believe, and Mr. Rogers' position on the map is displayed with, what more obvious choice then, the Neighborhood Trolley.

Arthur: Trouble in Elwood City, Arthur heard the news that hooligans are wreaking havoc in Elwood City, so Arthur asks his parents to take him on a car trip to the various places of Elwood City to wrangle up the rowdy visitors! The map displayed for Arthur's classic mode route is obviously Elwood City, and Arthur's position on the map is displayed with Arthur's parents' car.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I was going to submit an idea for classic/arcade mode but I had things to do IRL but I really like PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn 's idea for sure. Now, onward to our 32nd job.

Job 32:

Submit two characters to be assists.

One character must be from a series represented by a fighter.

The other character must be from a PBS franchise not yet represented in the game.

The top 2 from each category will be chosen.

My submissions:

Assist from represented series: Daniel Tiger

unnamed.jpg

He will give the fighter he is assisting a stats buff if the fighter gets damaged. He is from Mr. Rogers but his assist will be based off of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood which is still a part of the Rogers universe.

Assist from unrepresented series: Gilbert (Caillou)

Caillou_Character_Gilbert_719x405-1.jpg

The best way to represent one of the worst/controversial PBS franchises will be through none other than Caillou's cat himself, Gilbert. Once the meter fills up, Gilbert will be there playing with yarn to tangle up the other fighters like a cat and then pounce on the yarn. He isn't hurting anyone, he's just being a cat.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
For my assists

Assist from represented series: Benny Bubbles (Hero Elementary)

He simply blows a few bubbles with his hands that fly in a concave upward arc and trap any fighters they make contact with within them. The bubbles keep flying upward, unless they touch a ceiling or if the fighters in them mashes buttons to escape, otherwise, they'll KO any opponent still trapped inside in them. It becomes (slightly) harder to escape the bubbles at high damage percentages.

Assist from unrepresented series: Clyde the Cloud (Donkey Hodie)

He will summon rain on the fighter he is assisting, healing the fighter 20% damage in the process

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok everyone, so we're gonna keep job 32 open for one more day, so there can be more time for everyone to make their submissions! Please contribute to this job is you can!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I think I’m gonna close Job 32 now and both my and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn assists will be added to up the assist count. Now, for Job 33.

Job 33:

Design/create a moveset for the Kratt Brothers.

I am thinking for their moveset, they can switch out like Pyra/Mythra or play like the Ice Climbers. I would throw in some sort of animal themed gimmick as well. I may craft a moveset again for this one.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Chris and Martin Kratt
Series: Kratt Brothers
Debut: Kratts' Creatures Season 1, Episode 1 (Big Five, Little Five), June 3, 1996

kisspng-television-show-pbs-kids-animation-super-rtl-wİld-5ac218949b8814.0767929615226697166371.png

"Each trip is like a trip of a lifetime, and to be able to share that with your brother is pretty amazing" -Chris
"Pick what you love to do, persevere at it, don't take "no" for an answer and it'll happen" -Martin

Each of the brothers have their own unique stats when it comes to their weight, speed, power and jump. Chris Kratt is more of a speedy all-around, with high agility, above-average speed and excels quite a bit on his jump. His attacks are more focused on fast-hits and combo style gameplay. Martin Kratt on the other hand is more of a powerhouse, with average agility, slightly below-medium speed and average jump. His attacks focus more on hard-hits and high launching power.

Gimmick:
You can switch between the brothers at any time with the down special, with each brother of course, having different moves based around their signature Creature Powers.

Moveset:
Chris:
Light Neutral: Chris uses woodpecker power to perform a few wing slashes before using the beak to peck constantly, dealing multi-hitting damage. Strong variant of the move has Chris perform one big peck.

Light Up: Chris uses porcupine power to perform 3 upward quill spikes. Strong variant of the move has Chris spike upward harder.

Light Down: Chris uses lion power to perform a claw strike, knocking opponents on the ground. Strong variant of the move has Chris do a stronger swipe.

Neutral Special: Chris uses ring-tailed lemur power to throw a cloud of stink as a projectile with the tail, can be charged up for more damage

Up Special: Chris uses eagle power to perform a soaring corkscrew upward that damages anyone it contacts with, afterwards, Chris gains 2 more flaps for additional recovery

Down Special: Switches to Martin

Martin:
Light Neutral: Martin uses gorilla power to perform a strong punch forward, has considerable damage and knockback. Strong variant of the move has Martin do a stronger punch.

Light Up: Martin uses shark power to jump and bite any opponents above him. Strong variant of the move has Martin jump higher and perform a stronger bite.

Light Down: Martin uses crocodile power to make a huge bite. Strong variant of the move has Martin doing a stronger crocodile bite.

Neutral Special: Martin uses frog power to use the tongue to pull opponents to him, can follow up with an attack by using the attack or special attack buttons.

Up Special: Martin uses dolphin power to make a big leap in the air and deals damage and knockback when he lands on the stage.

Down Special: Switches to Chris

Entrance:
Chris/Martin will teleport on the stage or be sent there by the Tortuga HQ hatch

Taunt:
Chris: stretches and opens his arms
Martin: Looks around

Victory:
The Kratt brothers will hi-five and then dance together

Defeat:
Chris and Martin applaud the winner

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Now this next job is something that stemmed out of an idea I had and after some discussion with AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , we have decided to take this idea into the current job just because it's a really cool idea, so here it is:

Job 34:

Prepare for trouble and make it double! For this special newcomer job, you are to nominate 2 characters from the same series. That's right, we're going to decide which PBS Kids franchise gets 2 playable reps! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Please note that it has to be 2 characters from the same series.

So this is a potentially exciting one, we're going to nominate for 2 characters at once, from the same series. That way, we can have a PBS Kids franchise that has at least 1 playable character, ala most platform fighters. So let's all double our imagination caps and get character submitting!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tinky Winky and Dipsy (Teletubbies)

I debated myself a bit on which two 'tubbies to submit, but went with the two boys of the quartet as I feel they provide the most moveset potential. (not that that really matters with how small the movesets are)

Tinky Winky would use his tutu and handbag to fight, while Dispy would use his dance moves and hat. Stuff like tubby toast; tubby custard; and the voice boxes could be split between them.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 34:

Digit and Hacker (Cyberchase)

tumblr_oouqvmAptJ1ugn6v9o1_500.jpg

6plqunv7wni81.jpg.webp.jpeg

Cyberchase is a long-running PBS series and is still airing new episodes to this day that teaches children about math, environmental science as well as wellness. Therefore, I feel the series deserves two characters to represent the franchise. Digit can fight with math as well as the gadgets he carries around. He can be an aerial pushdown fighter. Hacker can fight by...well, with hacking.Hacker can be a grounded zoner with zoning tools for his hacking attacks which can include characters like his sidekicks Buzz and Delete. If you know the Cyberchase lore, Digit was created by Hacker and they were old colleagues. We still do not have a villain rep as well so I feel Digit and Hacker will be the best choices for a dual rep for a PBS Kids franchise. I was going to submit the three children as a trio fighter for this job alongside Hacker but I have another idea for another franchise that involves 3+ characters in one slot. Also, RIP Gilbert Gottfried (the voice actor who played Digit) so this is a tribute to him as well.

I was going to do Lionel Lion and Arty Smartypants from Between The Lions but I feel Cyberchase deserves the dual character treatment a bit more to be honest due to the franchise still being relevant and more fighter potential.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets (Hero Elementary)

Since Sara Snap and Benny Bubbles got in as assists, I figured I'd take this opportunity to complete the Hero Elementary quartet by submitting the other 2 kids! Their show centers around using their superpowers to help out people in need and solve problems (I feel like Hero Elementary was kinda inspired from My Hero Academia, don't you think?).

Staying true to their powers, Lucita Sky would be a fighter very focused on aerial combat, with her abilities to jump high (Like Falco in Smash Bros.), float in the air for a few seconds (Like Peach and Daisy in Smash Bros.) and excel in power when her moves are used in the air. AJ Gadgets would be focused on being a grounded zoner, with his ability to build gadgets to aid him on the playing field as well as using gadgets on himself to help him get the upper hand in battle.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Job 34 is now closed. Time to vote!

Tinky Winky and Dipsy (Teletubbies) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Digit and Hacker (Cyberchase) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets (Hero Elementary) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Vote for your top 2, you can only put your own submission in second place.

1. Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets (I know we have WordGirl already as superhero fighter but I feel the Hero Elementary characters would have a unique touch and plus they would fit so well in a platform fighter. Also, Hero Elementary is a current PBS show so kids will recognize the characters.)
2. Digit and Hacker (Self-vote but Cyberchase truly deserves two reps for its iconic status and plus we do not have a villain yet in the game so Hacker would be great.)

Tinky Winky and Dipsy are great ideas too but I have another idea for the Teletubbies and how they would work in Brawltime!

Tinky Winky and Dipsy (Teletubbies)

I debated myself a bit on which two 'tubbies to submit, but went with the two boys of the quartet as I feel they provide the most moveset potential. (not that that really matters with how small the movesets are)

Tinky Winky would use his tutu and handbag to fight, while Dispy would use his dance moves and hat. Stuff like tubby toast; tubby custard; and the voice boxes could be split between them.
Job 34:

Digit and Hacker (Cyberchase)

View attachment 350530
View attachment 350531

Cyberchase is a long-running PBS series and is still airing new episodes to this day that teaches children about math, environmental science as well as wellness. Therefore, I feel the series deserves two characters to represent the franchise. Digit can fight with math as well as the gadgets he carries around. He can be an aerial pushdown fighter. Hacker can fight by...well, with hacking.Hacker can be a grounded zoner with zoning tools for his hacking attacks which can include characters like his sidekicks Buzz and Delete. If you know the Cyberchase lore, Digit was created by Hacker and they were old colleagues. We still do not have a villain rep as well so I feel Digit and Hacker will be the best choices for a dual rep for a PBS Kids franchise. I was going to submit the three children as a trio fighter for this job alongside Hacker but I have another idea for another franchise that involves 3+ characters in one slot. Also, RIP Gilbert Gottfried (the voice actor who played Digit) so this is a tribute to him as well.

I was going to do Lionel Lion and Arty Smartypants from Between The Lions but I feel Cyberchase deserves the dual character treatment a bit more to be honest due to the franchise still being relevant and more fighter potential.
Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets (Hero Elementary)

Since Sara Snap and Benny Bubbles got in as assists, I figured I'd take this opportunity to complete the Hero Elementary quartet by submitting the other 2 kids! Their show centers around using their superpowers to help out people in need and solve problems (I feel like Hero Elementary was kinda inspired from My Hero Academia, don't you think?).

Staying true to their powers, Lucita Sky would be a fighter very focused on aerial combat, with her abilities to jump high (Like Falco in Smash Bros.), float in the air for a few seconds (Like Peach and Daisy in Smash Bros.) and excel in power when her moves are used in the air. AJ Gadgets would be focused on being a grounded zoner, with his ability to build gadgets to aid him on the playing field as well as using gadgets on himself to help him get the upper hand in battle.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Voting is closed! Time for the results!

Tinky Winky and Dipsy: 5
Digit and Hacker: 7
Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets: 3

Looks like the cybird Digit as well as the no-good Hacker will be our 9th and 10th fighters for PBS Kids: Brawltime! Truly deserving additions! Now, onward to our next job.

Job 35:

Submit alternate costumes for characters. How do you think alternate costumes should work and how many should each character get?

For me, I feel each character should get about 4-5 alternate costumes and the costumes should be a mix of canon alternate clothes as well as color swaps based on other characters from their respective shows. I will submit my ideas for alternate costumes later.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Train Conductor Barney seems like an obvious one

On the topic of Barney, maybe his appearance from the Backyard Gang? Longer snout and more of a dark blue-ish purple rather than the pinkish purple he's known for

If that alt needs to be distinguished more, then the doll form from Backyard Gang might be a good reference with his further; more spherical eyes, more dinosaur-like legs, and lips(?)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I had relatively the same idea as AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , every character should have 4-5 alternate costumes, with the costumes being a mix of color swaps of alternate colors based on other characters from their respective shows and canon alternate clothes. Here are my ideas below:

Mr. Rogers: What more obvious choice than his differently colored sweaters?

Arthur: Pilgrim (My favorite alternate outfit for him in the show)

Dash: the various outfits he had in the PBS Kids channel IDs and bumpers, 2 for him and 2 for Dot

Wordgirl: Since we don't really see her in any other gear when as Wordgirl, she would have blue, yellow and green suit color alts.

Ms. Frizzle: The different dresses she has in various Magic School Bus Episodes, as they all tend to differ between episodes.

Digit: colors based on Matt, Inez and Jackie

Hacker: King outfit

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My ideas:

Big Bird:

His alternate costumes would be just color swaps to represent other Sesame Street characters such as red for Elmo, blue for Cookie Monster and green for Oscar.

Barney:

I like Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's idea about Barney having an alternate costume based off of his appearance from the Backyard Gang videos. However, I feel an alternate solution may be to have his alternate costumes be based off of the other three Dinos. Green for Baby Bop, yellow for BJ and orange for Riff.

Some other characters have cooler alternate costume potential like Mr. Rogers, Ms. Frizzle, Arthur, etc.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, I have ultimately decided to close the alternate costumes job for discussion. Each character will receive 4-5 alternate costumes with a mix of canon alternate outfits and just color swaps. Now, one poll regarding Barney's alternate costumes and one regarding a stage for Cyberchase.

Barney Costume Poll

Cyberchase Stage Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 36:

Submit the stage layout for The School from Barney and Friends or propose an alternate home stage for Barney. I'll submit my stage idea a bit later but let's see what ideas you all have.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
So for how I think the layout of the School should go is it would start in the school courtyard, which then tours the inside of the school normal intervals. This would be a unique traveling stage as it is a grounded stage that never changes its formation even when the stage is transitioning between school locations, however, there would still be obstacles like walls and doors that could still deal damage and knockback. Different platforms appear in certain parts of the school, such as the wooden structure outside and the tables inside the school.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My Barney Stage Idea:

The Treehouse

hqdefault.jpg

This was the hang out place for Barney and his friends from the 3rd to 6th seasons of Barney and Friends. Basically, I wanna make the layout a competitively viable layout based off of Merchant Port from Rivals of Aether. The reason why I want to make it a competitively viable stage is due to the recognizability the Barney brand has plus for meme potential (like Nick All Star Brawl brought for the first few months of pre-release and early release hype). The platforms will be made of the treehouse wood and will take place on the outside deck of the treehouse. No hazards but Scooter McNutty and Miss Etta Kette appear in the background on occasion saying hi. Even the children will make cameo appearances.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
So for how I think the layout of the School should go is it would start in the school courtyard, which then tours the inside of the school normal intervals. This would be a unique traveling stage as it is a grounded stage that never changes its formation even when the stage is transitioning between school locations, however, there would still be obstacles like walls and doors that could still deal damage and knockback. Different platforms appear in certain parts of the school, such as the wooden structure outside and the tables inside the school.

My Barney Stage Idea:

The Treehouse

View attachment 350824

This was the hang out place for Barney and his friends from the 3rd to 6th seasons of Barney and Friends. Basically, I wanna make the layout a competitively viable layout based off of Merchant Port from Rivals of Aether. The reason why I want to make it a competitively viable stage is due to the recognizability the Barney brand has plus for meme potential (like Nick All Star Brawl brought for the first few months of pre-release and early release hype). The platforms will be made of the treehouse wood and will take place on the outside deck of the treehouse. No hazards but Scooter McNutty and Miss Etta Kette appear in the background on occasion saying hi. Even the children will make cameo appearances.
Alright. Job 36 is closed. Time to vote for the stage idea!

Barney Stage Poll

Also, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's idea will be used for Barney's alternate costumes and there will be only one stage for the Cyberchase characters. Now, onto the next job.

Job 37:

Submit a stage idea for WordGirl. Describe the layout of the stage and the liking.

I will submit my idea later but let's hear those ideas!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Fair City

Works like Fourside, where the battle takes place on top of the buildings, the layout of the buildings are random every time. The stage has no major hazards, maybe other than each of the Wordgirl villains' machines and inventions appearing as platforms and using their gadgets occasionally to damage others. Various other Wordgirl villains and side characters appear on the background of the stage as well, including Dr. Two-Brains, the Whammer, the Butcher, Granny May, Lady Redundant, Mr. Big, the Birthday Girl, Violet, Todd and TJ. (Not Tobey and Chuck, since they are already assists, but whether they can appear on the stage when they're not in the fray is debatable)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout

Here's the link to the WordGirl Wiki page that talks more about the location

Basically, the stage would be a traveling stage. You start inside the hideout in the location where WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face hang out. Then, afterwards, you'll be on top of her spaceship similar to the Venom stage (one of the Star Fox stages) in the Smash series where it travels past various locations. When outside of the ship, you will be able to fly past various locations in the WordGirl series. Occasionally, the villains will attack with their gadgets and make cameos. Then, it's back to the hangout space on the space ship.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Fair City

Works like Fourside, where the battle takes place on top of the buildings, the layout of the buildings are random every time. The stage has no major hazards, maybe other than each of the Wordgirl villains' machines and inventions appearing as platforms and using their gadgets occasionally to damage others. Various other Wordgirl villains and side characters appear on the background of the stage as well, including Dr. Two-Brains, the Whammer, the Butcher, Granny May, Lady Redundant, Mr. Big, the Birthday Girl, Violet, Todd and TJ. (Not Tobey and Chuck, since they are already assists, but whether they can appear on the stage when they're not in the fray is debatable)
WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout

Here's the link to the WordGirl Wiki page that talks more about the location

Basically, the stage would be a traveling stage. You start inside the hideout in the location where WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face hang out. Then, afterwards, you'll be on top of her spaceship similar to the Venom stage (one of the Star Fox stages) in the Smash series where it travels past various locations. When outside of the ship, you will be able to fly past various locations in the WordGirl series. Occasionally, the villains will attack with their gadgets and make cameos. Then, it's back to the hangout space on the space ship.
Alright. I'll close Job 37 for now. Here is the poll for the WordGirl stage. Also, we have a tie for the Barney stage so please help us break that tie.

WordGirl Stage Poll

Now...

Job 38:

Submit a moveset for WordGirl.

I can definitely imagine something action based and what not for her. Maybe a vocabulary based gimmick and what not for her.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Wordgirl
Series: Wordgirl
Debut: The Amazing Colossal Adventures of Wordgirl Shorts, Episode 1 (Catch as Catch Can), November 10, 2006

"If you were thinking about committing a crime in the next couple of hours, don't!"
Wordgirl is quite a lightweight fighter, with superb jump skills, noble agility and also with the ability to hover in the air for a very brief amount of time. This, however, does make her a bit easier to launch, which also ties in with the fact that she is quite a ditzy girl sometimes and how much she sometimes struggles managing her "normal" life as Becky and as Wordgirl. In addition to having high mobility, she is actually quite strong, with the main drawback to her power is lacking real long-range attacks. This character philosophy makes her the Captain Falcon of this game (added with Peach's hover).

Gimmick: As her name implies, she uses the power of words and vocabulary to make the most out of her moveset! Each of her moves have special names that are meant to determine if that move is used correctly depending on the current situation. If it's used in the right way, her moves will deal more damage and knockback than usual.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Rapid Jab, Wordgirl does a general 3 hit combo before doing a multijab, with the final hit of the multijab being stronger if Wordgirl has her opponent hit with all her jabs before executing it. Stronger variant has Wordgirl do a elbow bash, which is also stronger if she has her opponent hit with all her jabs before executing it

Light Up: Rocket Uppercut, Wordgirl does a small hop in the air and throws a huge uppercut above her. The move is stronger when she uses the move after juggling her opponent in the air at least 3 times. Strong variant has Wordgirl leap higher in addition to more damage and knockback.

Light Down: Tripping Breakdance, Wordgirl extends her legs and spins around, tripping anyone close to her and dealing damage, with the move being stronger if there are two opponents close to her. Strong variant has Wordgirl spin 3 times whillst dealing more damage and knockback. Can meteor smash if an opponent makes contact underneath Wordgirl's legs over a ledge.

Neutral Special: Captain Huggyface Ambush, Wordgirl commands Captain Huggyface to do a somersault-leap forward and any opponents Huggy makes contact with, he will latch on to them and depending on where the control stick is tilted, Huggy will go a single punch to launch the opponent in the desired direction. Move is Stronger if Wordgirl uses it when the opponent is in a certain place, like a ledge. Think of it like a projectile version of Diddy Kong's Monkey Flip.

Up Special: Corkscrew Flight, Wordgirl does a corkscrew in the air, which can be angled in any upward directions and can multihit before launching opponents at the end of the move upwards. Move is stronger if Wordgirl uses the move on airborne opponents.

Down Special: Leaping Evade Kick, Wordgirl leaps a big arch forward, but if the special attack button is used again, she will perform a dropkick to where the underneath of the middle of her jump arch is. Move is stronger if she uses it to directly evade an opponent's attack.

Entrance: Wordgirl flies onto the stage

Taunt: Wordgirl shows off by doing an airborne backward somersault and making a cute look on her face

Victory: Wordgirl flies on stage and poses for the camera with Captain Huggyface while her friends, Violet and Todd, and her brother TJ all cheer for her.

Defeat: Wordgirl applauds the winner

Paraster

Smash Lord
WordGirl Moveset
  • Attributes: WordGirl is a fast but light character who prioritizes airborne combat.
  • Gimmick: Since WordGirl is a superhero capable of flight, her descent is greatly slowed while charging her normal attacks or performing her neutral or down specials in the air. This air-stall does give these moves increased endlag, however. (I could not come up with any coherent/non-overcomplicated way to make vocabulary a gimmick.)
  • Neutral Attack: Super-Strength Combo / Twist Kick (WordGirl performs a one-two punch followed by a kick. The charged version has WordGirl perform this pose before doing a spinning kick.)
  • Up Attack: Red Uppercut (WordGirl performs a hefty uppercut.)
  • Down Attack: Helmet Headbutt (WordGirl does a headbutt forward.)
  • Neutral Special: Captain Catch (Captain Huggy Face appears a short distance in front of WordGirl and does a flying kick towards her. She catches him, and the two nod to each other before Huggy disappears.)
  • Up Special: Light Flight (WordGirl turns into a beam of red light and flies a short distance at a high speed. The player has full control over her direction. Flying through an opponent will deal damage, but no knockback.)
  • Down Special: Frost Breath (WordGirl blows a stream of ice forward that deals continuous damage and keeps opponents stunned while in it. If an opponent is in the attack for long enough, their movement is temporarily slowed.)
  • Taunt: WordGirl hovers in the air holding out her arms and legs with a wide smile on her face.
  • Victory Animation: WordGirl flies through the background as a streak of light before coming to a stop and holding a this pose in midair as Captain Huggy Face rides on her back.
  • Defeat Animation: WordGirl applauds with a somewhat grumpy look on her face.

Attachments

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Wordgirl
Series: Wordgirl
Debut: The Amazing Colossal Adventures of Wordgirl Shorts, Episode 1 (Catch as Catch Can), November 10, 2006

"If you were thinking about committing a crime in the next couple of hours, don't!"
Wordgirl is quite a lightweight fighter, with superb jump skills, noble agility and also with the ability to hover in the air for a very brief amount of time. This, however, does make her a bit easier to launch, which also ties in with the fact that she is quite a ditzy girl sometimes and how much she sometimes struggles managing her "normal" life as Becky and as Wordgirl. In addition to having high mobility, she is actually quite strong, with the main drawback to her power is lacking real long-range attacks. This character philosophy makes her the Captain Falcon of this game (added with Peach's hover).

Gimmick: As her name implies, she uses the power of words and vocabulary to make the most out of her moveset! Each of her moves have special names that are meant to determine if that move is used correctly depending on the current situation. If it's used in the right way, her moves will deal more damage and knockback than usual.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Rapid Jab, Wordgirl does a general 3 hit combo before doing a multijab, with the final hit of the multijab being stronger if Wordgirl has her opponent hit with all her jabs before executing it. Stronger variant has Wordgirl do a elbow bash, which is also stronger if she has her opponent hit with all her jabs before executing it

Light Up: Rocket Uppercut, Wordgirl does a small hop in the air and throws a huge uppercut above her. The move is stronger when she uses the move after juggling her opponent in the air at least 3 times. Strong variant has Wordgirl leap higher in addition to more damage and knockback.

Light Down: Tripping Breakdance, Wordgirl extends her legs and spins around, tripping anyone close to her and dealing damage, with the move being stronger if there are two opponents close to her. Strong variant has Wordgirl spin 3 times whillst dealing more damage and knockback. Can meteor smash if an opponent makes contact underneath Wordgirl's legs over a ledge.

Neutral Special: Captain Huggyface Ambush, Wordgirl commands Captain Huggyface to do a somersault-leap forward and any opponents Huggy makes contact with, he will latch on to them and depending on where the control stick is tilted, Huggy will go a single punch to launch the opponent in the desired direction. Move is Stronger if Wordgirl uses it when the opponent is in a certain place, like a ledge. Think of it like a projectile version of Diddy Kong's Monkey Flip.

Up Special: Corkscrew Flight, Wordgirl does a corkscrew in the air, which can be angled in any upward directions and can multihit before launching opponents at the end of the move upwards. Move is stronger if Wordgirl uses the move on airborne opponents.

Down Special: Leaping Evade Kick, Wordgirl leaps a big arch forward, but if the special attack button is used again, she will perform a dropkick to where the underneath of the middle of her jump arch is. Move is stronger if she uses it to directly evade an opponent's attack.

Entrance: Wordgirl flies onto the stage

Taunt: Wordgirl shows off by doing an airborne backward somersault and making a cute look on her face

Victory: Wordgirl flies on stage and poses for the camera with Captain Huggyface while her friends, Violet and Todd, and her brother TJ all cheer for her.

Defeat: Wordgirl applauds the winner

WordGirl Moveset
  • Attributes: WordGirl is a fast but light character who prioritizes airborne combat.
  • Gimmick: Since WordGirl is a superhero capable of flight, her descent is greatly slowed while charging her normal attacks or performing her neutral or down specials in the air. This air-stall does give these moves increased endlag, however. (I could not come up with any coherent/non-overcomplicated way to make vocabulary a gimmick.)
  • Neutral Attack: Super-Strength Combo / Twist Kick (WordGirl performs a one-two punch followed by a kick. The charged version has WordGirl perform this pose before doing a spinning kick.)
  • Up Attack: Red Uppercut (WordGirl performs a hefty uppercut.)
  • Down Attack: Helmet Headbutt (WordGirl does a headbutt forward.)
  • Neutral Special: Captain Catch (Captain Huggy Face appears a short distance in front of WordGirl and does a flying kick towards her. She catches him, and the two nod to each other before Huggy disappears.)
  • Up Special: Light Flight (WordGirl turns into a beam of red light and flies a short distance at a high speed. The player has full control over her direction. Flying through an opponent will deal damage, but no knockback.)
  • Down Special: Frost Breath (WordGirl blows a stream of ice forward that deals continuous damage and keeps opponents stunned while in it. If an opponent is in the attack for long enough, their movement is temporarily slowed.)
  • Taunt: WordGirl hovers in the air holding out her arms and legs with a wide smile on her face.
  • Victory Animation: WordGirl flies through the background as a streak of light before coming to a stop and holding a this pose in midair as Captain Huggy Face rides on her back.
  • Defeat Animation: WordGirl applauds with a somewhat grumpy look on her face.
Alright. I will close the WordGirl moveset job! Also, my stage idea won for Barney so the Barney stage will be a competitively legal stage. Also, please vote on the WordGirl stage poll as it is currently at a tie. Be sure to also vote on the WordGirl moveset poll below.

WordGirl Moveset Poll

Now, PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will introduce our next character job for the 11th character. Also, after this character, we will have one more character before we get into the marketing stuff soon and all so yay to that!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright everyone, time for the next job:

Job #39: This next job goes up LIVE! Nominate a character from a live-action PBS Kids series! Right now, we are currently lacking on live-action representation, and getting more reps in that category would be most appreciated. Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

You read it right, please submit a character from a live-action PBS Kids series. There may not be a lot of them, but there are still some neat choices out there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom