• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Dash
Series: PBS Kids
Debut: PBS Kids Bumpers (September 6, 1999)

"Hey! I'm Dash! And you're gonna see the best picks of the week!"
Due to him being simply PBS Kids' mascot and only really appearing in channel bumpers, IDs and commercials as well as the channel's logo, he would be a perfectly balanced fighter, the kind of fighter that is very easy to learn and get into, without any real advantages and disadvantages, or gimmicks either.

Gimmicks:
As mentioned above, Dash does not have any (real) gimmicks tied to him to properly tie with his balanced and easy-to-learn nature. However, he would attack by mostly using transformations and doing things that he and Dot have been known to do in the PBS Kids bumpers and commercials.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Dash will throw a three-hit combo, starting with two punches and then randomly transform into a tiger, car, octopus or astronaut (aesthetic only and will not change properties of the move) to ram the opponent forward. The strong variant of the move only has Dash use any of his transformations to perform a stronger ram.

Light Up: Some fireflies will fly above Dash while he looks up in wonder. A move that deals multi-hits. The strong variant of the move has more fireflies fly above Dash and flying in faster motions.

Light Down: Dash would pull out a carrot from underground, before letting it go and causing the carrot to fly upwards a short distance and flipping any opponents above the carrot. The strong variant of the move has Dash struggle to pull out a humongous carrot while charging, and when done charging, bolting the humongous carrot out of the ground while also causing dirt to fly everywhere. A rabbit maybe aesthetically hanging around on the humongous carrot at random. If used in the air, Dash will grab a carrot from his feet level and still chuck it upwards like on the ground.

Neutral Special: Dash simply kicks a soccer ball, beach ball or kick ball (like the light/strong neutral, is aesthetic only and will not change properties of the move) as a simple projectile.

Up Special: Dash simply has a kite give him upward lift. Kite can damage others.

Down Special: Dash will use a magnet to pull any items or opponents close to him within a certain range. If Dash manages to pull in opponents, Dash can perform a spinning attack by pressing the special attack button again to combo the opponents he pulled in before launching them away.

Entrance: Dash rides on the stage on a bicycle and gets off the bicycle.

Taunt: Dash will think before holding one finger up and going "doink!", a nod to the first PBS Kids channel ID.

Victory: Dash can be seen running towards the screen, before making contact with the screen looking around, and then backing up a little and make a winning pose, a nod to the first PBS Kids channel ID to feature Dot.

Defeat: Dash applauds the winner

Alternate Costume: Dot

Despite she and her brother, Dash's age difference, she shares all the same moves and abilities as Dash, apart from having a female voice.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, since PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn was the only one to submit a moveset for Dash, we will use his moveset.

Now,

Job 24:

Submit two assists: one from a represented series on the roster and one from an unrepresented series.

For my assists, resubmitting the same two:

Assist from represented series: Daniel Tiger

unnamed.jpg

He will give the fighter he is assisting a stats buff if the fighter gets damaged. He is from Mr. Rogers but his assist will be based off of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood which is still a part of the Rogers universe.

Assist from unrepresented series: Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

I feel Thomas would not work that well as a fighter. So, as an assist, once the meter is filled, he can chug across the stage tackling the opponents. If my idea for Thomas gets in, this doesn't deconfirm a rep from Shining Time Station in my opinion.

Job 25:

How many assists should we have in the game?

Personally, I think we should go for a high number around 40 ish.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alrighty, for my assists ^^

Assist from represented series: Tobey (Wordgirl)

He will summon one of his giant robots that hover forward to tackle opponents in front of the fighter he is assisting, similar to Juggernaut and Sentinel from the first Marvel Vs. Capcom

Assist from unrepresented series: Chicken Jane (Between the Lions)

Whenever an opponent is about to unleash a strong attack or a strong special move (that deals a lot of damage) on the fighter she is assisting, she will fly in front of the fighter she is assisting and absorb the strong blow, but afterwards, she will need to rest and refresh on her own before she can take another blow.

I personally think there should be 40 assists base game.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Assist Submissions

Represented Series: Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy (WordGirl)

Chuck fires shots from his condiment gun, with the effects depending on the condiment. Ketchup (red) slows your movement. Mustard (yellow) lowers your attack power. Relish (green) lowers your defense.

Unrepresented Series: Wishbone (Wishbone)
Wishbone runs around the stage attempting to headbutt opponents. He holds a book in his mouth; after a brief time, he throws the book and it hovers in midair, acting as a black hole. He then resumes his headbutting until he leaves.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 24 is closed. Time to vote!

Represented series assist:
Daniel Tiger AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tobey (WordGirl) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy (WordGirl) Paraster Paraster

Unrepresented series assist:
Thomas the Tank Engine AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Chicken Jane (Between The Lions) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Wishbone Paraster Paraster

Vote for your top 2.

1. Tobey
2. Daniel Tiger

1. Wishbone
2. Chicken Jane

Alright, since PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn was the only one to submit a moveset for Dash, we will use his moveset.

Now,

Job 24:

Submit two assists: one from a represented series on the roster and one from an unrepresented series.

For my assists, resubmitting the same two:

Assist from represented series: Daniel Tiger

unnamed.jpg

He will give the fighter he is assisting a stats buff if the fighter gets damaged. He is from Mr. Rogers but his assist will be based off of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood which is still a part of the Rogers universe.

Assist from unrepresented series: Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

I feel Thomas would not work that well as a fighter. So, as an assist, once the meter is filled, he can chug across the stage tackling the opponents. If my idea for Thomas gets in, this doesn't deconfirm a rep from Shining Time Station in my opinion.

Job 25:

How many assists should we have in the game?

Personally, I think we should go for a high number around 40 ish.
Alrighty, for my assists ^^

Assist from represented series: Tobey (Wordgirl)

He will summon one of his giant robots that hover forward to tackle opponents in front of the fighter he is assisting, similar to Juggernaut and Sentinel from the first Marvel Vs. Capcom

Assist from unrepresented series: Chicken Jane (Between the Lions)

Whenever an opponent is about to unleash a strong attack or a strong special move (that deals a lot of damage) on the fighter she is assisting, she will fly in front of the fighter she is assisting and absorb the strong blow, but afterwards, she will need to rest and refresh on her own before she can take another blow.

I personally think there should be 40 assists base game.
Assist Submissions

Represented Series: Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy (WordGirl)

Chuck fires shots from his condiment gun, with the effects depending on the condiment. Ketchup (red) slows your movement. Mustard (yellow) lowers your attack power. Relish (green) lowers your defense.

Unrepresented Series: Wishbone (Wishbone)
Wishbone runs around the stage attempting to headbutt opponents. He holds a book in his mouth; after a brief time, he throws the book and it hovers in midair, acting as a black hole. He then resumes his headbutting until he leaves.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Voting is closed. Here are the results!

Represented series assist:
Daniel Tiger: 4
Tobey: 5
Chuck: 6

Unrepresented Series assist:
Thomas: 4
Wishbone: 6
Chicken Jane: 5

Well, me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn have decided the top two from each category will get in and we will have 40 assists for the base game. So, Chuck, Tobey, Wishbone and Chicken Jane will be assists! Congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and Paraster Paraster for their ideas winning!

Now...

Job 25:

Submit ideas for event matches 4-6.

Also, how many event matches should we have in total? How do you think the flow of event matches should be (e.g. When should there be some sort of All-Star based event where you fight a certain collection of characters, etc.)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Event #4: Barney's Prot-egg-tive Adventure
Event description:
Barney and his friends found an egg that's actually a dream maker! Can you help Barney and his friends fight off anything that might threaten the egg until the bus arrives to take them to the barn where the egg belongs?
Stage: The School from Barney & Friends
Player: Barney
Allies: Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (represents Cody, Abby and Marcella)
Opponent(s): Big Bird, The Kratt Bros.
Event objective: As Barney, the goal is to protect the egg, that's treated as an item in this event, from being broken by opponents' attacks or by being thrown too much until time runs out. This event is a little more special with the fact that it has 6 fighters on screen at a time similar to Multi-Man modes from Smash. Bros games. The allies will provide significant help to Barney, though it's not 100% reliable due to them being the computer players they are, they might break the egg by accident by accidently attacking it or just by throwing it around for so much. The best option in this event match is to hold on to the egg and ignore the CPUs until time runs out. Similar to Yoshi's Egg in Melee
Reference: Barney's Great Adventure

Event #5: Creature Power, Activate!
Event description:
The Kratt brothers have set off to give a big lecture about the natural behaviors of the animals they study. In order to do this, they have to KO 5 opponents with a certain Creature Power move in their disposal to properly get the job done.
Stage: Animal Junction
Player: The Kratt Bros.
Opponent(s): Big Bird (x3), Barney (x2)
Event objective: The Kratt Bros. must use a specific move in their moveset to KO the opponent currently on the stage, one move for each opponent, apart from the down special which switches between the brothers. The move they must use to KO the current opponent is displayed by an animal icon next to their portrait and damage percentage, to which the player must figure out which creature power for that animal icon is tied to which move. If the Kratt Bros. KO's an opponent with the wrong move, the event is failed.
Reference: The Kratt Bros.' usage of Creature Power in Wild Kratts to mimic animal actions and solve problems.

Event #6: Dash's PBS Kids world tour, Pt. 1
Event description:
Dash is going on a big trip to the many different worlds of the PBS Kids channel to greet all of his TV station friends! or fight them if that's what they want.
Stage: Depends on the current opponent Dash is facing (i.e., Mr. Rogers is fought on the Land of Make Believe, Arthur is fought in Once Upon a Restuarant, etc.)
Player: Dash (Dot, if the player holds a certain button before selecting the event)
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Mr. Rogers, Arthur, Barney, The Kratt Bros.
Event objective: As Dash, you must fight the 5 opponents in their respective home stages in the order of their show debut. The order goes: Mr. Rogers (Mister Roger's Neighborhood, February 19, 1968)----->Big Bird (Sesame Street, November 10, 1969)----->Barney (Barney & Friends, April 6, 1992)----->The Kratt Bros. (Kratt Creatures, June 3, 1996)----->Arthur (Arthur, October 7, 1996). You can play as Dot if you hold a certain button before selecting the event.
Reference: None in particular, other than representing the mascot of the channel and documenting PBS Kids' history.

There should be 30 event matches, with the flow going like this: For every 6th event there will be an All Star Event where you play as Dash to fight a series of fighters. The order of the events corresponds to the fighters in the order they were added to the game, apart from events 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30, which you play as Dash. (Events 25-29 will have their themes decided at a later date, but they can involve non-character specific objectives, like stuff involving boss battles, certain actions and stuff like that)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel we should go with about 30 to 35 events. I agree with what PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn said regarding every 6th event being an All Star event. I'm not going to do Event #6 as he did that perfectly (I would have done something similar). However, here are my ideas for the 4th and 5th event.

Event #4: Barney's Alphabet Soup
Event Description:
Barney loves to eat some alphabet soup! Can you help him get some to eat before it gets too cold or before all the soup runs out?
Stage: The School from Barney and Friends

Allies: Arthur and Dash (Dot alt) x3 (They represent Derek, Kathy, Min and Tina)
Opponent(s): Big Bird x2
Event Objective: As Barney, your goal is to eat the alphabet soup item at least 5 times within the the duration of the event. The alphabet soup item will spawn in various areas. However, if Barney or any of his allies get KOd, you fail the event. If the two Big Birds eat the alphabet soup, you fail the event as well.
Reference: The Barney episode Alphabet Soup! There is a song in the episode with the same name as the title.

Event #5: A Strange Aardvark Town
Event Description:
The Kratt Brothers love studying animals. Recently, they want to study aardvarks. However, the ones they are encountering are strange kinds of aardvarks...
Player: The Kratt Brothers
Opponent(s): Arthur x10
Event Objective: As the Kratt Brothers, you must defeat all the Arthurs in a horde battle. If you get KOd, you fail the event. It's similar to a Multi-Man Melee or any SSB event which involves you beating a large amount of the same character.
Reference: Reference to the Wild Kratts episode Aardvark Town and also how Arthur is an aardvark but is not an accurately looking aardvark.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I am going to leave Job 25 open for another day before we begin voting and then move on to the next idea. Put your event match ideas down before it's too late!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Job 25 is closed!

The 6th event will be Pop's event by default.

Vote for the other two.

Barney Event Poll

Wild Kratts Event Poll

Here are the new poll links everyone.

In the meantime, why don't I introduce the next job?

Job 26:

Submit one idea for a healing/passive and one for a more aggressive based item.

The top two from each category will be chosen depending on participant count.

Event #4: Barney's Prot-egg-tive Adventure
Event description:
Barney and his friends found an egg that's actually a dream maker! Can you help Barney and his friends fight off anything that might threaten the egg until the bus arrives to take them to the barn where the egg belongs?
Stage: The School from Barney & Friends
Allies: Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (represents Cody, Abby and Marcella)
Opponent(s): Big Bird, The Kratt Bros.
Event objective: As Barney, the goal is to protect the egg, that's treated as an item in this event, from being broken by opponents' attacks or by being thrown too much until time runs out. This event is a little more special with the fact that it has 6 fighters on screen at a time similar to Multi-Man modes from Smash. Bros games. The allies will provide significant help to Barney, though it's not 100% reliable due to them being the computer players they are, they might break the egg by accident by accidently attacking it or just by throwing it around for so much. The best option in this event match is to hold on to the egg and ignore the CPUs until time runs out. Similar to Yoshi's Egg in Melee
Reference: Barney's Great Adventure

Event #5: Creature Power, Activate!
Event description:
The Kratt brothers have set off to give a big lecture about the natural behaviors of the animals they study. In order to do this, they have to KO 5 opponents with a certain Creature Power move in their disposal to properly get the job done.
Player: The Kratt Bros.
Opponent(s): Big Bird (x3), Barney (x2)
Event objective: The Kratt Bros. must use a specific move in their moveset to KO the opponent currently on the stage, one move for each opponent, apart from the down special which switches between the brothers. The move they must use to KO the current opponent is displayed by an animal icon next to their portrait and damage percentage, to which the player must figure out which creature power for that animal icon is tied to which move. If the Kratt Bros. KO's an opponent with the wrong move, the event is failed.
Reference: The Kratt Bros.' usage of Creature Power in Wild Kratts to mimic animal actions and solve problems.

Event #6: Dash's PBS Kids world tour, Pt. 1
Event description:
Dash is going on a big trip to the many different worlds of the PBS Kids channel to greet all of his TV station friends! or fight them if that's what they want.
Stage: Depends on the current opponent Dash is facing (i.e., Mr. Rogers is fought on the Land of Make Believe, Arthur is fought in Once Upon a Restuarant, etc.)
Player: Dash (Dot, if the player holds a certain button before selecting the event)
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Mr. Rogers, Arthur, Barney, The Kratt Bros.
Event objective: As Dash, you must fight the 5 opponents in their respective home stages in the order of their show debut. The order goes: Mr. Rogers (Mister Roger's Neighborhood, February 19, 1968)----->Big Bird (Sesame Street, November 10, 1969)----->Barney (Barney & Friends, April 6, 1992)----->The Kratt Bros. (Kratt Creatures, June 3, 1996)----->Arthur (Arthur, October 7, 1996). You can play as Dot if you hold a certain button before selecting the event.
Reference: None in particular, other than representing the mascot of the channel and documenting PBS Kids' history.

There should be 30 event matches, with the flow going like this: For every 6th event there will be an All Star Event where you play as Dash to fight a series of fighters. The order of the events corresponds to the fighters in the order they were added to the game, apart from events 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30, which you play as Dash. (Events 25-29 will have their themes decided at a later date, but they can involve non-character specific objectives, like stuff involving boss battles, certain actions and stuff like that)
I feel we should go with about 30 to 35 events. I agree with what PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn said regarding every 6th event being an All Star event. I'm not going to do Event #6 as he did that perfectly (I would have done something similar). However, here are my ideas for the 4th and 5th event.

Event #4: Barney's Alphabet Soup
Event Description:
Barney loves to eat some alphabet soup! Can you help him get some to eat before it gets too cold or before all the soup runs out?
Stage: The School from Barney and Friends

Allies: Arthur and Dash (Dot alt) x3 (They represent Derek, Kathy, Min and Tina)
Opponent(s): Big Bird x2
Event Objective: As Barney, your goal is to eat the alphabet soup item at least 5 times within the the duration of the event. The alphabet soup item will spawn in various areas. However, if Barney or any of his allies get KOd, you fail the event. If the two Big Birds eat the alphabet soup, you fail the event as well.
Reference: The Barney episode Alphabet Soup! There is a song in the episode with the same name as the title.

Event #5: A Strange Aardvark Town
Event Description:
The Kratt Brothers love studying animals. Recently, they want to study aardvarks. However, the ones they are encountering are strange kinds of aardvarks...
Player: The Kratt Brothers
Opponent(s): Arthur x10
Event Objective: As the Kratt Brothers, you must defeat all the Arthurs in a horde battle. If you get KOd, you fail the event. It's similar to a Multi-Man Melee or any SSB event which involves you beating a large amount of the same character.
Reference: Reference to the Wild Kratts episode Aardvark Town and also how Arthur is an aardvark but is not an accurately looking aardvark.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My items:

Healing/Passive: Donuts (Cyberchase)

Restores 10% damage. While it may not seem much, the item can sometimes spawn in groups of up to 4

Aggresive: Wand (Pinkalicious and Peterrific)

Kinda works like the Star Rod in Smash Bros., but more versatile. Swinging it normally acts as a simple battering item but depending on how long you charge the wand as a strong attack, the wand can have different attacks based on how long it was charged for. Tier 1 has the wand create a large sparkling swing trial, increasing the wand's forward hitbox and kinda like Hero's Flame Slash. Tier 2 launches a small weak projectile that flies forward, like a fully charged Star Rod. Tier 3 has the wand fire a larger, faster and stronger projectile.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My items:

Passing/Healing: Tubby Toast (Teletubbies)

2dbee833eb8c63564747ca14d58c23cd.jpg

Basically, the item allows for the fighter to restore 5%. It spawns frequently.

Aggressive:

Net Ray (WordGirl)

Link to weapon here

Basically, it temporarily captures the fighter(s) for a few seconds if shot at another fighter.

I'll leave the items job open for another day but my Barney event idea and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn event idea will be used for events 4 and 5! Don't be afraid to submit your ideas for items!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Since Job 26 is done, me and PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn have decided that both our item submissions will be in to make it more fun and a varied selection of items indeed.

Now, time for the next job:

Job 27:

Submit a stage idea for Mr. Rogers or submit the stage layout for The Land of Make-Believe

Also, I feel now, we should start submitting music for the stages, I'm considering about 3 songs each per stage. You can submit music any time.

To add on,

How should we deal with competitive stage layouts? Something that's been on my mind for a while.

Can't wait to see the submissions I get!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

So for how I think the layout of the Land of Make Believe should go, it can be a simple layout of one big solid platform which is made up of the same blue stone bricks of King Friday's castle, with two small platforms above it, both of which are made up of flap tree tops of X the Owl's tree, making this stage the Frozen Pokémon Stadium/Small Battlefield of PBS Kids: Brawltime! The entirety of the Land of Make Believe can be seen in the background of the stage, with the various puppets making appearances there (Even though the puppets are part of Mr. Rogers' moveset, they still appear regardless). I feel that Mr. Rogers' home stage should adapt to a competitive-friendly layout in order to give anything Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood more recognition to most players, especially at events like tournaments.

I just think PBS Kids: Brawltime! should satisfy this list of competitive stage layouts:
We could also get creative and try to come up with new competitive stage layouts.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so it seems PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn 's idea was the most liked so well done to him! A competitively viable stage. Now, for the next job:

Job 28:

Create/propose a moveset for Barney

This is gonna be fun as Barney is nonviolent but I can imagine a moveset based around imagination and the liking. I hope your idea for a Barney moveset is super dee duper!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Barney
Series: Barney & Friends
Debut: Barney & the Backyard Gang, The Backyard Show (August 29, 1988)

Barney_the_Dinosaur.png

"Hello again to all my friends! I'm glad you came to play! Our fun and learning never ends!"

True to his size and weight, Barney is a heavyweight who has average speed and does not excel too much in jumping skills, but all of his moves are designed to have lengthy hitboxes and strong launching power, albeit with some startlag and endlag for most of them.

Gimmicks:
Due to Barney's nature of being from a show that is usually aimed at toddlers and even babies, Barney does not have a true gimmick to bring with him, but his heavyweight-style gameplay makes it a considerable gimmick, and all of his moves are based around the simple and imaginative scenarios he and the kids come up with or go to in his show.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Barney swings a baseball bat, with a baseball cap briefly appearing on his head when he uses this move. The strong variant of the move has Barney swing the bat faster and harder.

Light Up: Barney takes out a paintbrush of rainbow colors and paints a rainbow arch above him. The strong variant of the move has Barney take out a larger, wider paintbrush to paint a larger rainbow arch above him, in addition to more damage and knockback, but more startlag and endlag.

Light Down: Barney pulls out a pitchfork and pitches some hay into the air, flipping any opponents close to Barney. The strong variant of the move has Barney pitch the pitchfork harder and faster with much more hay being flung into the air.

Neutral Special: Barney boards a train and starts driving it across the stage, kinda like Wario Bike. When in the train, he can ram opponents and nullify projectiles, and the train is pretty strong too. He can get off by pressing either the attack button or the special attack button again.

Up Special: Barney boards a small airplane and flies upwards with it for 2 seconds.

Down Special: Barney pulls out a fire hose attached to a fire hydrant and sprays a huge blast of water to push opponents pretty far, like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. but with stronger pushing power. Barney also gains a fireman's helmet while using the move.

Entrance: A barney plush can be seen on stage, which then magically transforms into Barney himself, just like how Barney comes onto the scene in every Barney episode.

Taunt: Barney does some short hops while doing dancing motions.

Victory:
Barney can be seen dancing with the kids from his show, who also cheer on him. The kids that appear are the actual kids who appear in his show, and they are all random every time.

Defeat: Barney applauds the winner.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I was thinking for my idea for a Barney moveset, he would have a gimmick based around the Barney bag. Basically, that was an item seen in the show for a few seasons where various items would be brought out and the liking.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Barney pulls out his paintbrush and stretches it forward.

Light Up: Barney pulls out a stop sign and lifts it over his head like the MUGEN mod for him.

Light Down: Barney wiggles his tail. Stronger variant makes him do a turn around.

Neutral Special: Barney pulls out the Barney bag and pulls out a random item. They are mostly just the healing items that recover a small percentage of damage.

Up Special: Same as Pop's where he flies a small airplane.

Down Special: I feel same as Pop's.

I feel Pop's idea is a bit better but this is my first time crafting a moveset for any character in this game.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, Job 28 is over! Time to vote!

Barney Moveset Poll

Now, it's time for the next job.

Job 29:

Submit an idea for a multiplayer mode.

Nothing major, just a side mode for multiplayer fun.

Barney
Series: Barney & Friends
Debut: Barney & the Backyard Gang, The Backyard Show (August 29, 1988)

View attachment 349575
"Hello again to all my friends! I'm glad you came to play! Our fun and learning never ends!"

True to his size and weight, Barney is a heavyweight who has average speed and does not excel too much in jumping skills, but all of his moves are designed to have lengthy hitboxes and strong launching power, albeit with some startlag and endlag for most of them.

Gimmicks:
Due to Barney's nature of being from a show that is usually aimed at toddlers and even babies, Barney does not have a true gimmick to bring with him, but his heavyweight-style gameplay makes it a considerable gimmick, and all of his moves are based around the simple and imaginative scenarios he and the kids come up with or go to in his show.

Moveset:
Light Neutral: Barney swings a baseball bat, with a baseball cap briefly appearing on his head when he uses this move. The strong variant of the move has Barney swing the bat faster and harder.

Light Up: Barney takes out a paintbrush of rainbow colors and paints a rainbow arch above him. The strong variant of the move has Barney take out a larger, wider paintbrush to paint a larger rainbow arch above him, in addition to more damage and knockback, but more startlag and endlag.

Light Down: Barney pulls out a pitchfork and pitches some hay into the air, flipping any opponents close to Barney. The strong variant of the move has Barney pitch the pitchfork harder and faster with much more hay being flung into the air.

Neutral Special: Barney boards a train and starts driving it across the stage, kinda like Wario Bike. When in the train, he can ram opponents and nullify projectiles, and the train is pretty strong too. He can get off by pressing either the attack button or the special attack button again.

Up Special: Barney boards a small airplane and flies upwards with it for 2 seconds.

Down Special: Barney pulls out a fire hose attached to a fire hydrant and sprays a huge blast of water to push opponents pretty far, like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. but with stronger pushing power. Barney also gains a fireman's helmet while using the move.

Entrance: A barney plush can be seen on stage, which then magically transforms into Barney himself, just like how Barney comes onto the scene in every Barney episode.

Taunt: Barney does some short hops while doing dancing motions.

Victory: Barney can be seen dancing with the kids from his show, who also cheer on him. The kids that appear are the actual kids who appear in his show, and they are all random every time.

Defeat: Barney applauds the winner.
I was thinking for my idea for a Barney moveset, he would have a gimmick based around the Barney bag. Basically, that was an item seen in the show for a few seasons where various items would be brought out and the liking.

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Barney pulls out his paintbrush and stretches it forward.

Light Up: Barney pulls out a stop sign and lifts it over his head like the MUGEN mod for him.

Light Down: Barney wiggles his tail. Stronger variant makes him do a turn around.

Neutral Special: Barney pulls out the Barney bag and pulls out a random item. They are mostly just the healing items that recover a small percentage of damage.

Up Special: Same as Pop's where he flies a small airplane.

Down Special: I feel same as Pop's.

I feel Pop's idea is a bit better but this is my first time crafting a moveset for any character in this game.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My multiplayer mode:

Soccer Showdown

In this mode, there will be a pretty big soccer ball that the other fighters must hit into either goal on the sides. The soccer ball can accumulate damage too, and the higher its damage, the faster it'll fly when hit by attacks, making it harder to manage.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 29:

Capture The Flag

Similar to the game itself, there are flags on both sides, the player will have to get the flag from the opposing team and run it back to the other side. The first team to a set amount of flags or whoever gets the most flags within the time limit wins!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'm going to leave Job 29 open for another day or so before we move on to our 30th job! Also, be sure to vote on the Barney moveset poll as it is tied at the moment! Please contribute your ideas for Job 29!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm gonna close Job 29 a little early now. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn 's moveset for Barney will be used.

Now, time to vote. Pick your top 2 for the multiplayer me.

Soccer Showdown PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Capture the Flag AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Hot Potato Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

My votes:
1. Hot Potato
2. Capture The Flag

Fun fact: The Wiggles (The more recent versions) have actually crossed over with the Sesame Street muppets once and have performed with Barney a few times. That's the closes connection they have to PBS (outside of Sprout which no content from Sprout will be represented in this game).
My multiplayer mode:

Soccer Showdown

In this mode, there will be a pretty big soccer ball that the other fighters must hit into either goal on the sides. The soccer ball can accumulate damage too, and the higher its damage, the faster it'll fly when hit by attacks, making it harder to manage.
Job 29:

Capture The Flag

Similar to the game itself, there are flags on both sides, the player will have to get the flag from the opposing team and run it back to the other side. The first team to a set amount of flags or whoever gets the most flags within the time limit wins!
Hot Potato

A hot potato spawns in the middle of the screen. First to touch it picks it up, then any attack will transfer over the potato to the attacker. Whoever has the potato at the last second wins!

I guess this is technically Wiggles representation, heh.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright! And the results are in!

Soccer Showdown: 0
Capture The Flag: 5
Hot Potato: 4

Looks like Capture The Flag won this one! But, for fun, I’ll add Hot Potato as well. More modes, the merrier.

Now, PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will announce the 30th job whenever he is ready.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alrighty everyone, time for the next job:

Job 30:

Calling all girls! PBS Kids Girls, Unite!
Nominate a character from a PBS Kids show that primarily stars a female protagonist, thus please nominate for a female character. The reason this theme was chosen for this character submission job is due to the lack of female representation in the character roster currently, and every platform fighter has had at least 1 female fighter, 2 at minimum usually. Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

So yeah, please submit a girl or woman for this character submission job, since we could really use more female fighters.

Here's mine:
Peg (Peg +Cat, 2013)

Their show centers a lot around problem-solving using math, similar to Cyberchase. Ironically, the backgrounds for most of the show is graph paper, to fit with the show's theme of mathematics and math word-problems.

They both deserve to be in the roster because I personally think it's a very cute show and many elements of the show are really loveable, the characters, settings, to pretty much everything. They both also have potential for a "tag-team" style moveset, much like Rosalina and Luma.

Peg would be a lighter-middleweight, with above-average mobility and jumping skills, to match her character. Her moveset would involve using stuff that she's used over the course of her show to solve the problems she encountered. One gimmick idea I have is that she can have some kind of number system where if she performs certain commands, she can summon a number that can either be stored with her or placed on-stage to be used as a projectile, when the numbers add up to a certain amount, Peg can use the number to either buff herself or use it as a very strong projectile that can make powerful explosions. Cat would only appear during certain moves, the taunt, victory animation, and those stuff.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mary Moo Cow/Dark Bunny (Arthur)

Mary Moo Cow is a parody of Barney from Arthur. I think we should have at least one in-universe fictional character and it'd be pretty fun to have a character alongside their own parody. As a parody, perhaps her moveset could reflect the more commercial side of characters like Barney, using her comically niche toys and merchandise!

Dark Bunny, on the other hand, is a parody of Batman - more specifically TAS Batman. He would be more agressive and direct than any other fighter on the roster.

As a stance fighter, you would switch between them like Arthur and DW fighting over the remote. Both are heavyweights - Dark Bunny would likely be faster and more agressive, while Mary would be defensive based and perhaps a bit of a zoner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom