• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Wooo, sorry if I'm literally an hour late submitting this, but.....the time has finally come......

Job #165: It's time to submit a character to be our FIRST DLC FIGHTER! By first DLC fighter, I mean the character that will be included in the first free update of two to PBS Kids: Brawltime! For the theme of this one, you are to submit..........well actually, submit a PBS Kids character that you think can make for a good "joke" fighter! Submit a character that you think has the potential for a very funny and zany moveset or just submit the wackiest, strangest or most peculiar PBS Kids character you can think of! (Just think of it like Piranha Plant in SSBU!)

Here is my submission:
View attachment 363073

Oh MY! We actually got that super-bratty spoiled kid which nobody likes as our first DLC fighter?!?

I bet that the thing that most will be happy about is being able to just beat the heck out of him, that's what many would do anyways ^^

My vision for Caillou's moveset has him have moves that can either turn against him in some way or form OR they can lead to some bad situations if not used right, because in his show, whenever he acts so whiny, he ALWAYS gets what he wants, but here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, the game can show him a lesson or two that he does not get EVERYTHING he wants, no matter how much of an insistent crybaby he can be.
Job 165

I do not know if this character would be considered a “joke” character but here it goes…

Sir Topham Hatt/The Fat Controller (Thomas and Friends)

View attachment 363078

You may recognize him as the controller of the North Western Railway. It’s the stout gentleman himself, Sir Topham Hatt! I know that we have an Island of Sodor stage “deconfirming” a Thomas and Friends fighter but I feel Sir Topham Hatt would break the rule. Plus, Thomas and Friends is a huge brand. I feel Topham would make a better Thomas and Friends rep than Mr. Conductor (we could include a Shining Time Station stage in the future and Mr. Conductor as an assist). I do know also Wa3 wanted Topham to be a fighter and I can totally see the appeal of the stout gentleman himself. We are lacking in terms of the international TV shows PBS acquired and Thomas first came to the United States via Shining Time Station on PBS during the PTV Park era.

I feel he would be a joke fighter due to his wacky moveset potential. He would be a heavyweight around NASB Patrick’s weight and his moveset will showcase his controlling duties and funny moments. I know Caillou is the best choice but I feel Sir Topham Hatt may be the more popular choice and less controversial (as beating up Caillou may not be received well as you know…abusing/beating up a child.) Plus, I loved Thomas as a kid and still do now so Sir Topham Hatt would be a great bonus fighter.

I had a few ideas in mind but Topham felt great for this honestly.
Donkey (Tots TV)

It's literally just a normal photorealistic donkey. I can't defend or rationalise this choice at all beyond "it'd be funny".
Alright, I believe I will close character submission jobs now. Three great submissions. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own submission in second.

Caillou PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Donkey (Tots TV) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Also, I have one mini prompt submission job for you all that will have to do with additional content coming with our first free DLC character.

Job 166:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage we will be adding to the first DLC update for PBS Kids: Brawltime! I will eliminate any super vague prompts so please be specific with your prompts. Please remember to do this job. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My votes:

1. Donkey (Honestly, this idea was completely off-the-wall funny. Something that did not come to mind when I thought of a joke character. This would totally get a super funny reaction since this is a PBS fighting game but then, you get a side character from an obscure PBS show to start off DLC. Genius.
2. Sir Topham Hatt (Self-vote but I feel he would be that out-of-left-field pick more than Caillou since not many people see many Thomas characters to be fighters aside from Thomas who works better as a stage to be honest.)

Big shout out to Caillou but something does not sit well with me for beating him up despite him being roasted by PBS's social media accounts as well as the fact he'd be the most realistic depiction of a child. It gives off the bad "Homer strangling Bart" vibes but still, good idea. I just feel the more out-of-left-field you go for a joke fighter, the better it is to start off with to blow people's minds and shatter expectations for a platfighter/fighting game.

Job 166:

As for my stage job prompt...

Submit a second stage for a series that already has one stage in the game. The series the stage comes from must have a fighter on the roster.

A fun way to kick things off I feel. Series that will be eligible for this job prompt would be series like Mister Rogers's Neighborhood, Between the Lions, the Kratt Brothers shows, Barney and Friends, etc.

Sesame Street and Arthur would not be allowed to get stages as there are already two stages for those franchises.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Donkey
2. Caillou

Stage prompt: Submit a stage from a PBS kids franchise only represented with an assist

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry about the late thread update but, it seems the voting results are in a three way tie with all characters having 4 votes. We will have to do a Strawpoll to break the tie. You can vote for your own character nomination so that way, we can decide who will be the first bonus DLC character. Please vote on the poll below so that way, we can move on with the bonus character content.

First Bonus DLC Character Tiebreaker Poll

As for the stage prompt job submission, I loved all three submissions and I feel 3-4 additional stages is a good start for the first DLC update. I feel we will do all of these prompts. However, we should vote on the order to do them as we have done in the past for newcomer prompts. Please vote for which prompt you want to do first for the bonus stages. You can only put your own prompt in second so please vote for that as well.

Submit a second stage for a series that already has one stage in the game. The series the stage comes from must have a fighter on the roster. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a stage based on a Sesame Street one-off skit Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Submit a stage from a PBS kids franchise only represented with an assist PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

1. Sesame Street one-off skit
2. Second stage for series with fighter that only has one stage.

Personally, I think Wa3's prompt is so creative, I would have not of thought of anything like that honestly.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Sesame Street one-off skit
2. Second stage for series with fighter that only has one stage.

yes, they are the same to AlteredBeast's

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, the Strawpoll has been closed. It seems based on the three votes I recieved, our first bonus character for PBS Kids: Brawltime! is none other than the lovely donkey himself, Donkey from Tots TV! I'm not gonna lie, as soon as that character was suggested I felt the bonus fighter had to be him, it's just a great out-there choice so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, for the additional stage results as for what stage prompt we will be doing first:

Second stage for series with fighter that only has one stage: 2
Sesame Street one-off skit stage: 4
Stage from a PBS kids franchise only represented with an assist: 0

We will do Wa3's prompt first, then mine and then Pop's stage prompt. But, for now, I have two stage prompts for you all.

Job 167:

Submit a home stage for Donkey. I feel since every fighter has a homestage for themselves and I do not think Donkey should share a homestage with the Teletubbies since both shows are both Ragdoll Productions shows (now owned by WildBrain), Donkey should get a homestage. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Job 168:

Submit a stage idea for a stage based on a Sesame Street one-off skit. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Get submitting and use your imagination:

My stage idea for Donkey:

The Secret House and Donkey's Shed

42939832-9574467-BEFORE_Eerie_images_show_the_dilapidated_wooden_structure_overgr-a-43_1620904...jpg

WigglyShoddyAdder-mobile.jpg

Basically, this stage is a stage with walkoffs where you fight in front of the secret residence of Tilly, Tom and Tiny. I know we recently added a hous estage for Cheeko but what makes this different is that the stage is way more expansive and that you don't move anywhere. You can also fight on the roof of the house. Occasionally, Tilly, Tom or Tiny will open the door and/or windows to the house or the window to Donkey's shed. If you are in the way, you will get 10% damage added so watch out. Overall, a simple stage representing Tots TV.

Sesame Street One-Off Skit stage:

The Wonderful World of T-Shirts

ezgif-4-81540d28e7.jpg

A skit from Season 11 of Sesame Street. Basically, you are shrunk down to the size of the counter where the T-Shirt salesman is organizing clothes. He will remove the T-Shirts from the counter as hazards and the counter has ledges. Occassionally, you will see him run the cash register and see various t-shirts with Sesame Street Muppets on them. You may even see the famous "Kermit the GORF" shirt. You can even attack the T-Shirts when the T-Shirt Salesman comes close to the counter and showcasing a T-Shirt to the customer.

I remember seeing this skit on the Sesame Street VHS "Bert and Ernie's Word Play" growing up and I discovered it was an one-off/one shot skit so why not use this as a stage?

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think the stage for Donkey AlteredBeast picked is absolutely perfect, so I just have my submission for the other

Letter of the Day Pageant
1667794106724.png

The stage has multiple platforms stacked on each other as seen in the picture above. There can be a letter-based gimmick where you are tasked to use a move or item that begins with the letter currently being featured, and when the correct one is used, the move or item is either stronger than usual or it will grant its user a stat buff! Sometimes, the letter being featured will only require the first letter of a fighter's first name for the special effects to take place on them.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, the Strawpoll has been closed. It seems based on the three votes I recieved, our first bonus character for PBS Kids: Brawltime! is none other than the lovely donkey himself, Donkey from Tots TV! I'm not gonna lie, as soon as that character was suggested I felt the bonus fighter had to be him, it's just a great out-there choice so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, for the additional stage results as for what stage prompt we will be doing first:

Second stage for series with fighter that only has one stage: 2
Sesame Street one-off skit stage: 4
Stage from a PBS kids franchise only represented with an assist: 0

We will do Wa3's prompt first, then mine and then Pop's stage prompt. But, for now, I have two stage prompts for you all.

Job 167:

Submit a home stage for Donkey. I feel since every fighter has a homestage for themselves and I do not think Donkey should share a homestage with the Teletubbies since both shows are both Ragdoll Productions shows (now owned by WildBrain), Donkey should get a homestage. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Job 168:

Submit a stage idea for a stage based on a Sesame Street one-off skit. Describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks of the stage.

Get submitting and use your imagination:

My stage idea for Donkey:

The Secret House and Donkey's Shed

View attachment 363323
View attachment 363324

Basically, this stage is a stage with walkoffs where you fight in front of the secret residence of Tilly, Tom and Tiny. I know we recently added a hous estage for Cheeko but what makes this different is that the stage is way more expansive and that you don't move anywhere. You can also fight on the roof of the house. Occasionally, Tilly, Tom or Tiny will open the door and/or windows to the house or the window to Donkey's shed. If you are in the way, you will get 10% damage added so watch out. Overall, a simple stage representing Tots TV.

Sesame Street One-Off Skit stage:

The Wonderful World of T-Shirts

View attachment 363325

A skit from Season 11 of Sesame Street. Basically, you are shrunk down to the size of the counter where the T-Shirt salesman is organizing clothes. He will remove the T-Shirts from the counter as hazards and the counter has ledges. Occassionally, you will see him run the cash register and see various t-shirts with Sesame Street Muppets on them. You may even see the famous "Kermit the GORF" shirt. You can even attack the T-Shirts when the T-Shirt Salesman comes close to the counter and showcasing a T-Shirt to the customer.

I remember seeing this skit on the Sesame Street VHS "Bert and Ernie's Word Play" growing up and I discovered it was an one-off/one shot skit so why not use this as a stage?
I think the stage for Donkey AlteredBeast picked is absolutely perfect, so I just have my submission for the other

Letter of the Day Pageant
View attachment 363332
The stage has multiple platforms stacked on each other as seen in the picture above. There can be a letter-based gimmick where you are tasked to use a move or item that begins with the letter currently being featured, and when the correct one is used, the move or item is either stronger than usual or it will grant its user a stat buff! Sometimes, the letter being featured will only require the first letter of a fighter's first name for the special effects to take place on them.
Alright, I will close both stage jobs. My stage for Donkey has been automatically added. Now, we need to vote on a stage for the Sesame Street One-Off Skit Stage job. Please look at both descrpitions of both stages and vote for which one you like better.

Sesame Street One-Off Skit Stage Poll
The Wonderful World of T-Shirts AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Letter of The Day Pageant PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onward to our next stage job to make this a triple header.

Job 169:

Submit a second stage for a series that only has one stage in the game. The series you submit a stage for must be represented by a fighter. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Mister Rogers's Neighborhood
  • Barney and Friends
  • Any Kratt Brothers show
  • WordGirl
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Between the Lions
  • Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
  • FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman
  • EekoWorld
Therefore, any stage based on a location from Sesame Street, Arthur or a PBS Kids ID/commercial/etc. are ineligible. I will also make a second Tots TV stage ineligible as we just added a Tots TV stage. Regardless of the restrictions, describe your stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage submission:

I will be resubmitting The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Memorial Public Library (Between the Lions)

The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library/Busterfield Library

34293b5bed663ab28b8fb2854f4f968f.jpg

We still do not have a library stage so why not this one? I initally pitched this stage to be Lionel's home stage but Cliff's Cliff ultimately got chose. I'm thinking this stage can be the Northern Cave for this game. Basically, it starts outside the library then travels into the library where you see the various customers and Lion family members reading books. Occasionally, characters like Gawain, Arty Smartypants, Marmy, etc. appear in the background. Even Bert and Ernie can cameo occassionally as they did guest star in one episode of Between the Lions.

You will also get to see other rooms such as the top of the library where the bust of Busterfield lies and Walter and Clay Pigeon annyoing him, the basement with Heathathesauraus reading a thesauaus, the outside balcony of the library, the computer room, etc. A competitively viable stage while touring the library itself.

Some of the other rooms you will get to see:

Unknown.jpeg

626366_005.jpg

iJ1nSj9dQNY8KVtBKBcNjuqCdpB.jpg

screenshot-400.jpg

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I have a resubmission too, the Tortuga HQ

Yep, the Tortuga HQ as you see it above is all I have for this stage's layout! (except it would be facing right) Its head, tail and its massive shell all serve as solid platforms as it travels between different continents featuring all kinds of amazing animals. One gimmick I have in mind is that Zach Varmitech can show up on the stage on a flying machine and try to mess up the nature around him while also trying to mess with the fighters too. While his flying machine can be used as a platform, it can be sent flying away and out of control if it is attacked enough. Better get rid of him fast before he does too much damage to nature!. You can even see some notible Wild Kratts characters in the HQ's windows as well, such as Koki and Jimmy Z.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close both stage jobs. My stage for Donkey has been automatically added. Now, we need to vote on a stage for the Sesame Street One-Off Skit Stage job. Please look at both descrpitions of both stages and vote for which one you like better.

Sesame Street One-Off Skit Stage Poll
The Wonderful World of T-Shirts AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Letter of The Day Pageant PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onward to our next stage job to make this a triple header.

Job 169:

Submit a second stage for a series that only has one stage in the game. The series you submit a stage for must be represented by a fighter. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Barney and Friends
  • WordGirl
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Between the Lions
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • EekoWorld
Therefore, any stage based on a location from Sesame Street, Arthur or a PBS Kids ID/commercial/etc. are ineligible. I will also make a second Tots TV stage ineligible as we just added a Tots TV stage. Regardless of the restrictions, describe your stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage submission:

I will be resubmitting The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Memorial Public Library (Between the Lions)

The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library/Busterfield Library

34293b5bed663ab28b8fb2854f4f968f.jpg

We still do not have a library stage so why not this one? I initally pitched this stage to be Lionel's home stage but Cliff's Cliff ultimately got chose. I'm thinking this stage can be the Northern Cave for this game. Basically, it starts outside the library then travels into the library where you see the various customers and Lion family members reading books. Occasionally, characters like Gawain, Arty Smartypants, Marmy, etc. appear in the background. Even Bert and Ernie can cameo occassionally as they did guest star in one episode of Between the Lions.

You will also get to see other rooms such as the top of the library where the bust of Busterfield lies and Walter and Clay Pigeon annyoing him, the basement with Heathathesauraus reading a thesauaus, the outside balcony of the library, the computer room, etc. A competitively viable stage while touring the library itself.

Some of the other rooms you will get to see:

View attachment 363400
View attachment 363401
View attachment 363402
View attachment 363403
I have a resubmission too, the Tortuga HQ

Yep, the Tortuga HQ as you see it above is all I have for this stage's layout! (except it would be facing right) Its head, tail and its massive shell all serve as solid platforms as it travels between different continents featuring all kinds of amazing animals. One gimmick I have in mind is that Zach Varmitech can show up on the stage on a flying machine and try to mess up the nature around him while also trying to mess with the fighters too. While his flying machine can be used as a platform, it can be sent flying away and out of control if it is attacked enough. Better get rid of him fast before he does too much damage to nature!. You can even see some notible Wild Kratts characters in the HQ's windows as well, such as Koki and Jimmy Z.
Alright, I believe I will close Job 169 for now. My stage "The Wonderful World of T-Shirts" got in for the Sesame Street one-off skit stage so yay for me. Please vote for which stage you would rather add to the update after reading both stage descriptions.

Second Stage for Series with One Stage Poll
The Barnaby B. Busterfield III Memorial Public Library (Between the Lions) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tortuga HQ (Wild Kratts) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, we will take a break from movesets to focus on our next job which is...

Job 170:

Create/design a moveset for Donkey. Lots of creative liberties here so get submitting and use your imagination!

I have a moveset in mind. Enjoy reading it!

Donkey
Series: Tots TV
Debut:
UK Debut: Tots TV: Camel (January 4, 1993)
US Debut on PBS: Tots TV: Camel, Beach and Fox (October 12, 1996)

ezgif-5-7d75ddfcce.jpg

"Lovely donkey."-Tom, Tots TV
Donkey is a heavyweight who is also a quadrupedal, who's weight is similar to Marvin's. He has super strong attacks similar to how donkeys are super strong animals. However, he can easily be comboed due to him being heavy and his moves have a bit of startup lag. Alongside this, Donkey does not have the best aerial mobility due to being a land mammal. But, he makes up for this with super fast ground speed and for good damage he will give his opponents!

Gimmick:

While Donkey's moveset is primarily revolved around typical donkey behavior as well as some references to Tots TV, he will occassionally swivel his ears around when he has less stocks or have higher percentages than his opponent(s) similar to how donkeys show fear and aggression by swiveling their ears. Think of this as Donkey being scared about losing a fight for his three friends, Tilly, Tom and Tiny! Alongside this, some of his moves have effects on him or his opponent aside from being regular moves in a moveset.

Moveset:

Light Neutral
(Donkey Lick):

Donkey simply licks his opponent as if he were showing appreciation for him. However, the lick will cause his opponent to be stunned for a brief second. The stronger variant causes Donkey to lick more aggressively causing the opponent to stay stunned for a bit longer.

Light Up (Chow Time!):

Donkey will simply eat food provided to him from the tots on a cart having a decently-sized hitbox upward. The stronger variant causes him to eat the donkey chow more aggressively causing more damage.

Light Down (Squashed Donkey):

It seems Donkey squashed the clay replica Tilly made of him for him! For this move, Donkey will simply place down the squashed donkey in his mouth on the ground. The stronger variant causes him to place down the squashed donkey and has a very tiny spikebox.

Neutral Special (Donkey Buckaroo Kick), idea for move by PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

When pressing the special, Donkey will jump, do a backflip, and use his hind legs to pull a buckaroo and perform a super-strong kick forward with tremendous damage and knockback before getting back on his legs.

Up Special (Come Along Our Friend Donkey!):

In this move, Donkey will pulled upward by the three tots albeit it being more of a recovery to the side then up. Anyone in the way of the recovery will get damage. However, this move does not have much height to it but it has a strange movement pattern.

Down Special (Carrots for Donkey):

Another food based move. However, one of the tots will appear with carrots for Donkey to eat causing him to recover a small percentage of his health! This move will not damage any opponent and just be a recovery based move.

Entrance:

Donkey walks out of his stable with the tots opening the doors for him to get out.

Taunt:

Donkey will simply get a brushing from Tom.

Victory Animation:

Similar to the Tots TV opening, Tilly, Tom and Tiny appear petting Donkey with Tom saying "Lovely Donkey." and Tiny adding in saying "Our friend Donkey."

Losing Animation:

Donkey just looks down sad and mad that he lost the fight.

This was kind of a tough moveset to write since Tots TV is an obscure show plus with Donkey being a joke fighter but I did my best. I'm willing to hear other moveset ideas as well!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think AlteredBeast's moveset for Donkey perfectly captures the joke nature of the character really well, so I'll go with that.

BUT

I did have an attack idea for Donkey, for either its strong neutral or neutral special, it jumps, does a backflip, and uses it hind legs to pull a buckaroo and perform a super-strong kick forward with tremendous damage and knockback before getting back on its legs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my moveset for Donkey got in by default but I included the idea PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn had for Donkey's neutral special. Alongside this, my Busterfield Library stage idea won the vote for the second stage for series represented by fighter so yay for me! Now, onward to the next two jobs:

Job 171:

Submit a stage for a PBS Kids series that is represented by an assist in the game. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Donkey Hodie
  • Hero Elementary
  • Wishbone
  • Caillou
  • Adventures from the Book of Virtues
  • Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series
  • Super Why!
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Martha Speaks
  • Curious George
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Corduroy
Please let me know if I am missing any other franchises.

Job 172:

Write a Learning Book set for Donkey.

Get submitting and use your imagination like always!

My stage idea:

Founder's Fountain (Hero Elementary)

ezgif-3-64d1e0a166.jpg

Basically, I feel more modern PBS shows should get representation in more major forms such as stages. Hero Elementary has multiple locations but I thought about going something a bit more unique and out of the box. Basically, you fight in front of the statue of Felix Finder, the superhero who founded Hero Elementary and presumably CityTown. The stage has walkoffs and no platforms but there will be the various superheroes flying around here testing their powers. If you get attacked by their powers on accident, you will get damage.

Learning Book Set for Donkey:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • A Faster Squashed Donkey (Donkey's Light Down will come out faster)
    • Come Along, Donkey! (Donkey's movement speed is faster)
    • Eat Faster! (Donkey's Light Up comes out faster and deals a bit more damage!)
    • Super Buckaroo Kick! (Donkey's Neutral Special deals more damage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • An Affectionate Lick ( For Donkey's Light Neutral, it will deal more damage and cause the opponent to stay stunned for longer!)
    • More Squashed Donkeys (Now, for Donkey's Light Down, he can place down 2 squashed donkeys consecutively!)
    • More Carrots for Donkey! (For Donkey's Down Special, he can eat more carrots at once faster and heal more damage!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Help from The Tots (Donkey gets a stat buff!)
    • Donkey, Come Home! (Donkey can perform his Up Special twice while in midair.)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Best Donkey Ever! (Now, Donkey gains temporary invincibility as well as all his moves will deal even MORE damage!)

Attachments

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Don't have a learning book set, but I have a stage

Someplace Else (Donkey Hodie)
screenshot.5.jpg

Originally wanted to submit a stage from a "classic" PBS Kids show, but I was like "Ah! Forget that!", I wanted to submit a stage from a modern PBS Kids show instead! Also the name is funny too! (Ironic for me to submit this stage following a character named Donkey!)

This stage is a walk-off, and the windmill on Donkey Hodie's house can act as platforms. You can even see other Donkey Hodie characters appear as well, such as Purple Panda, Bob Dog, Duck Duck, and Grampie Hodie.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my moveset for Donkey got in by default but I included the idea PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn had for Donkey's neutral special. Alongside this, my Busterfield Library stage idea won the vote for the second stage for series represented by fighter so yay for me! Now, onward to the next two jobs:

Job 171:

Submit a stage for a PBS Kids series that is represented by an assist in the game. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Donkey Hodie
  • Hero Elementary
  • Wishbone
  • Caillou
  • Adventures from the Book of Virtues
  • Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series
  • Super Why!
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Martha Speaks
  • Curious George
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Corduroy
Please let me know if I am missing any other franchises.

Job 172:

Write a Learning Book set for Donkey.

Get submitting and use your imagination like always!

My stage idea:

Founder's Fountain (Hero Elementary)

View attachment 363517

Basically, I feel more modern PBS shows should get representation in more major forms such as stages. Hero Elementary has multiple locations but I thought about going something a bit more unique and out of the box. Basically, you fight in front of the statue of Felix Finder, the superhero who founded Hero Elementary and presumably CityTown. The stage has walkoffs and no platforms but there will be the various superheroes flying around here testing their powers. If you get attacked by their powers on accident, you will get damage.

Learning Book Set for Donkey:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • A Faster Squashed Donkey (Donkey's Light Down will come out faster)
    • Come Along, Donkey! (Donkey's movement speed is faster)
    • Eat Faster! (Donkey's Light Up comes out faster and deals a bit more damage!)
    • Super Buckaroo Kick! (Donkey's Neutral Special deals more damage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • An Affectionate Lick ( For Donkey's Light Neutral, it will deal more damage and cause the opponent to stay stunned for longer!)
    • More Squashed Donkeys (Now, for Donkey's Light Down, he can place down 2 squashed donkeys consecutively!)
    • More Carrots for Donkey! (For Donkey's Down Special, he can eat more carrots at once faster and heal more damage!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Help from The Tots (Donkey gets a stat buff!)
    • Donkey, Come Home! (Donkey can perform his Up Special twice while in midair.)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Best Donkey Ever! (Now, Donkey gains temporary invincibility as well as all his moves will deal even MORE damage!)
Don't have a learning book set, but I have a stage

Someplace Else (Donkey Hodie)
View attachment 363538
Originally wanted to submit a stage from a "classic" PBS Kids show, but I was like "Ah! Forget that!", I wanted to submit a stage from a modern PBS Kids show instead! Also the name is funny too! (Ironic for me to submit this stage following a character named Donkey!)

This stage is a walk-off, and the windmill on Donkey Hodie's house can act as platforms. You can even see other Donkey Hodie characters appear as well, such as Purple Panda, Bob Dog, Duck Duck, and Grampie Hodie.
Alright, I will close the stage job now. Please read each description and vote on the Strawpoll below for which stage you want added to PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Stage for Assist Repped Franchise Poll
Founder's Fountain (Hero Elementary) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Someplace Else (Donkey Hodie) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, moving on to the next two jobs which will be prompt submissions:

Job 173:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Donkey for PBS Kids: Brawltime! We will be adding a Tots TV assist as well but submit a prompt for an assist job. Remember to be specific and not vague!

Job 174:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Donkey for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

My job prompts:

Submit an assist from a series with a fighter on the roster that has only one assist or none at all. The series that are eligible for this job would be for example: Barney and Friends, Mister Rogers's Neighborhood, Teletubbies, etc. This would not really deconfirm anyone too heavily.

Submit an item from a series with a fighter on the roster that has no items. The series eligible for this job would be Mister Rogers's Neighborhood. Sesame Street (technically), Between the Lions, Wild Kratts, etc.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Submit an assist based on a vehicle

Submit an item based on an iconic toy from a PBS Kids show, whether it's a character's signature toy or just a very famous toy in general.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Sorry about the little wait but my lack of energy caused me from doing the usual daily update to this thread.

It seems Someplace Else will get in as the final stage for the Donkey update so congratulations to Pop! We will do assist and items later and since me and Pop were the only ones with prompt ideas, we will do a triple assist job soon and then the items job. Now, onto the next order of business:

Job 175:

Submit a story mode chapter focused on Donkey. I know we have completed the story mode but the DLC characters will get side chapters as well. Design/write a chapter for the Donkey DLC. Get writing and
submitting. As always, use your imagination!

Donkey DLC Chapter:

The Big Anomaly Adventure

The chapter starts off with the regular Tots TV opening with the usual opening remade. Afterwards, we zoom into the Tots TV Secret House after Tiny says "What will we see?"

We see Tilly, Tom and Tiny just relaxing inside of The Secret House playing with Furryboo. They are just relaxing and talking.

Tom: So you two, what should we do today?

Tilly: No sé

Tiny then goes outside to check on Donkey. He then brushes Donkey.

Tiny: Our friend Donkey, you will always be our favorite.

Tom looks outside and notices the skies turning dark.

Tom: Where's Tiny and Donkey? I must check on the two of them.

Tom and Tilly head outside to check on the two.

Tom: Tiny! We should head inside n-

He gets interrupted by the Anomaly goo taking the three ragdolls and Donkey away to an unknown dimension destroying The Secret House and Donkey's Shed.

We then arrive in a barren foresty area.

Tiny: Where are we?

Tiny hides behind Tom.

Tom: I don't know Tiny but I don't see our Secret House or Donkey's Shed anyway.

Tilly: Donde esta la bolsa magica?

Tom luckilly held onto it.

Tom: For now, we should go on an adventure. We do not have Furryboo but I'm sure we will find him too.

Tom says this while petting Donkey.

After the cutscene, you play as Donkey going through a platforming section battling the Anomaly's minions while traversing through there.

After the platforming section:

Donkey and the three ragdolls are looking around for any signs of anything. They arrive in a more Teletubbies countryside-ish level revealing that this story mode chapter takes place around Chapter 8.

Tom: It seems we are in a different area.

Tiny looks behind him where he notices a purple dinosaur, four colored creatures and two brothers coming.

Tiny: Look! More people are coming!

We see Barney, the Kratt Brothers and the Teletubbies approaching the three ragdolls and Donkey.

Barney: Oh look! More friends who are like us right now! This is super-deeeee-duper!

Teletubbies: Eh oh! More friends!

Chris: Oh wow, there's a donkey here!

Martin: Yea! Hey, what are you names?

Tom: Well, I'm Tom, these are my two friends, Tilly and Tiny. We live together as friends.

Tilly and Tom wave hello.

Chris: Nice to meet you three! You guys have a pet donkey as well?

Tilly: Si!

Tiny: Yes we do!

Donkey just gets pat by the brothers.

Barney: Well, I'm Barney the Dinosaur! It's always nice to meet new friends!

Tinky Winky: Tinky Winky!

Dipsy: Dipsy!

La-La: La-La!

Po: Pooooo!

Chris: Those are the Teletubbies. They are our friends.

Tom notices something.

Tom: Hmmm, I sound similar to the purple fellow named Tinky Winky but nice to meet you all!

Barney: We're on our way to meet our other friends to stop this creature called the Anomaly that took away the places where we live and all the friends we love!

Tiny: That happened to us too! We lost where we live as well as our do-

Tom: Shhh! That's a secret!

Suddenly, Tiny notices some more purple creatures coming.

Tiny: Uh oh! There's trouble!

Chris: Well, we better fight off the purple creatures!

You can choose between Barney, Chris and Martin, The Teletubbies or Donkey to defeat a wave of the Anomaly's minions in a Multinomaly-esque Mayhem fight.

After the fight:

The minions are all defeated.

Barney: Well, we did it guys!

Everyone cheers and hugs.

Chris: Say, would you guys like to come along with us to meet our friends?

Tilly, Tom and Tiny look at one another.

Tom: I think we need to find some shelter for us and Donkey for now. Donkey is tired.

Tilly: Mira! Mira!

Tilly points to some building materials they can use to magically create a house for them and a shed for Donkey.

Tom: Why don't we all work together to build a house for us and a shed for Donkey?

Everyone nods.

You can choose between Barney, Chris and Martin, The Teletubbies or Donkey to go through a platforming section finding enough building materials to build a house for the tots and Donkey. The Magic Bag will also spawn throughout the platforming section. You will have to fight the Anomaly's minions as well. When you get the building materials, you have to go to a spot indicated by an arrow and purple-ish circle to build the house and shed.

After the platforming section:

The tots get situated in the house and then they place Donkey in his shed.

Tom: Well, thank you all for your help!

Tilly: Muchas gracias!

Barney: Well, I'm glad we could help!

The Teletubbies cheer and laugh.

Martin: Well, us seven! better be on our way to our other friends! Stay safe you four!

Tilly, Tom and Tiny wave goodbye and Donkey nods. Barney, Chris and Martin and the Teletubbies continue their adventure.

We then fast forward to around the events of the epilogue where the skies are clearing and Furryboo returns to the Tots.

Tom: Furryboo!

The three tots hug him.

Tiny: He's back! Yayyy!

The three tots head outside knowing they are safe but Tiny notices a glowing city in the background.

Tiny: Hey! Look what we can see!

Tom: Woah! A huge city with lots of colors! We should head over there!

Tiny: Si si!

The three ragdolls along with Furryboo and Donkey leave to go to the city.

Six Months Later......

We then get a montage of the three ragdolls's adventures throughout the city. Through the montage, a remastered version of the Tots TV credits theme can be heard but extended. We see Donkey partaking in a petting zoo event within the city that happens. Then, we cut to similar to the credits sequence where we see the three ragdolls petting Donkey in their new home a bit outside from the futuristic city in a new secret house. We see Furryboo peeking in and out and then towards the end of the theme, we see the three tots waving goodbye as they shut the door to their new house.

End of Chapter

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, to be honest, I'm totally satisfied with AlteredBeast's submission! Believe it or not, even I kinda didn't really know where to start, but AlteredBeast's submission gave me so much inspiration right off the bat! I will most likely submit something for the next DLC fighter! and possibly more!

Edit: I meant to say that I will most likely submit a story mode side story for the next DLC fighter.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the story mode job early as those jobs typically get limited submissions so my extra chapter got in by default so congrats to me! Now, onward to our next job which is going to be TRIPLE the fun!

Job 176:

Time for more assists to help out in the battle! You can submit up to three assists, one for each assist category presented.

1. Submit an assist based on a character from Tots TV

2. Submit an assist from a series represented with a fighter that has none to one assist.

Series eligible for this category include:

• PBS Kids IDs/Commercials/Bumpers/etc.
  • Barney and Friends
  • Wild Kratts/any Kratt Bros show
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman/any Ruff Ruffman show
  • EekoWorld (if you can find one)

3. Submit an assist based on a vehicle for a PBS Kids show.

Get submitting and remember, use your imagination!

Tots TV Assist: Tilly

maxresdefault.jpg

The only female member of the ragdoll trio! When used as an assist, she will play her recorder around her neck to heal some of your HP. When the assist meter is full, she will have a full blown recorder concert when it puts the other fighters temporarily to sleep.

Assist from fighter represented series: Keith David the Repairman (Mister Rogers's Neighborhood)

1552.jpg

We do not really have an assist from the original Mister Rogers's Neighborhood so why not have one of the more obscure characters? When used as an assist, Keith will follow you all and build you an item (typically an offensive item that does small damage). When the assist meter is full, he will build you a super strong item (such as the Tubby Custard Machine or something like that).

Assist based on a vehicle: Createrra XV (Wild Kratts)

ezgif-3-e726e99ec7.jpg

One of the main vehicles from Wild Kratts! When used, you can see either Koki or Jimmy Z driving it. When used, the vehicle can ram into other opponents, blast opponents away with the Kookabura horn, hook opponents close to you with the Hook Line, etc. When the assist meter is full, the Createrra XV gains super abilities to give you super recoveries and does more damage to your opponents!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Tots TV Assist: Tiny
1668475587244.png

Ok, so even Tom could fit the assist function I have for Tiny, but with him and the rest of the tots' magic bag equipped, he'll either give the player a healing item or give them a random stat buff! When the assist meter is full, He'll place a random stat debuff on opponents in front of the fighter he is assisting or a random opponent if there is none in front, after all, it's a secret! It's also ironic that he's voiced by Elmo's former puppeteer and voice actor in the English dub, Kevin Clash.

Assist from fighter represented series: Diamonds the Elephant (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)
Unknown.jpeg

Previously submitted as an assist by AlteredBeast. Diamonds will follow you around on the beach ball she balances on. When the assist meter is full, she will roll into the opponent causing a lot of damage.

Assist based on a vehicle: Troublesome Trucks (Thomas the Tank Engine)
1668476137145.png

Looks like they're still misbehaving as ever! And what's worse, they're on the loose! They roll down the stage, pushing items and any physical objects in their way and chucking them off the stage as a result. They'll even deal heavy knockback to other fighters, to which they'll just laugh about it.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the story mode job early as those jobs typically get limited submissions so my extra chapter got in by default so congrats to me! Now, onward to our next job which is going to be TRIPLE the fun!

Job 176:

Time for more assists to help out in the battle! You can submit up to three assists, one for each assist category presented.

1. Submit an assist based on a character from Tots TV

2. Submit an assist from a series represented with a fighter that has none to one assist.

Series eligible for this category include:

• PBS Kids IDs/Commercials/Bumpers/etc.
  • Barney and Friends
  • Wild Kratts/any Kratt Bros show
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • EekoWorld (if you can find one)

3. Submit an assist based on a vehicle for a PBS Kids show.

Tots TV Assist: Tilly

View attachment 363673

The only female member of the ragdoll trio! When used as an assist, she will play her recorder around her neck to heal some of your HP. When the assist meter is full, she will have a full blown recorder concert when it puts the other fighters temporarily to sleep.

Assist from fighter represented series: Keith David the Repairman (Mister Rogers's Neighborhood)

View attachment 363674

We do not really have an assist from the original Mister Rogers's Neighborhood so why not have one of the more obscure characters? When used as an assist, Keith will follow you all and build you an item (typically an offensive item that does small damage). When the assist meter is full, he will build you a super strong item (such as the Tubby Custard Machine or something like that).

Assist based on a vehicle: Createrra XV (Wild Kratts)

View attachment 363675

One of the main vehicles from Wild Kratts! When used, you can see either Koki or Jimmy Z driving it. When used, the vehicle can ram into other opponents, blast opponents away with the Kookabura horn, hook opponents close to you with the Hook Line, etc. When the assist meter is full, the Createrra XV gains super abilities to give you super recoveries and does more damage to your opponents!
Tots TV Assist: Tiny
View attachment 363695
Ok, so even Tom could fit the assist function I have for Tiny, but with him and the rest of the tots' magic bag equipped, he'll either give the player a healing item or give them a random stat buff! When the assist meter is full, He'll place a random stat debuff on opponents in front of the fighter he is assisting or a random opponent if there is none in front, after all, it's a secret! It's also ironic that he's voiced by Elmo's former puppeteer and voice actor in the English dub, Kevin Clash.

Assist from fighter represented series: Diamonds the Elephant (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)
Unknown.jpeg

Previously submitted as an assist by AlteredBeast. Diamonds will follow you around on the beach ball she balances on. When the assist meter is full, she will roll into the opponent causing a lot of damage.

Assist based on a vehicle: Troublesome Trucks (Thomas the Tank Engine)
View attachment 363697
Looks like they're still misbehaving as ever! And what's worse, they're on the loose! They roll down the stage, pushing items and any physical objects in their way and chucking them off the stage as a result. They'll even deal heavy knockback to other fighters, to which they'll just laugh about it.
Alright, I will close the job now. I feel these are some creative assists especially the Troublesome Trucks, haven't thought of that idea actually, super creative idea. Now, please read each assist idea and vote for which one from each category you want,

Tots TV Assist Poll
Tilly AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tom PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist from Series Represented with Fighter with none to one Assist Poll
Keith David the Repairman (Mister Rogers's Neighborhood) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Diamonds the Elephant (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist Based on a Vehicle
Createrra XV (Wild Kratts) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Troublesome Trucks (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the next job:

Job 177:

Time for more items to be added for more fighters to play around! You can submit two items, one from each of these categories! They can be passive or healing items!

1. Submit an item from a series with a fighter on the roster that has no items or have an item but its not specifically from the show.

The series eligible for this category of items are:

• Sesame Street
  • Barney and Friends
  • Wild Kratts/any Kratt Bros Show
  • Between the Lions
  • EekoWorld
Please let me know if I missed any shows on this list that are eligible for this job or series that should be added to this list that I forgot please.

2. Submit an item based on an iconic toy from a PBS Kids show, whether it's a character's signature toy or just a very famous toy in general.

Item from series with fighter representative but series has no items/has item but is not specific to series really:

The Barney Bag (Barney and Friends)

ezgif-4-5adea0fac0.jpg

When I initally submitted a moveset concept for Barney, I included the Barney Bag as his main gimmick. Although my moveset idea for Barney was not chosen, I feel the Barney Bag would work best as an item and I'm surprised no one thought of this item from Barney and Friends to be added. Basically, the Barney Bag was used in the first six seasons of Barney and Friends where Barney would summon a craft tote bag and have the kids gain craft supplies from it.

When used as an item, the opponent can grab up to about four items from the bag. Usually, they will be either healing items or even small offensive items like the Ray Gun and such. It's another Magic Bag being added to an update that has a character from a show that has a Magic Bag as well! What a coincidence!

Item based on toy from PBS Kids series:

Baby David (Sesame Street)

ezgif-4-99c701a39f.jpg

One of Elmo's favorite toys and his favorite doll! When picked up in battle, the fighter will "hug" the toy as Baby David will allow them to rest unharmed for a few seconds and heal some damage. But, it will take about 5ish seconds to fall asleep after picking up Baby David and holding the A button while using him. If attacked during the first 5 seconds of holding Baby David, you will lose grasp of him so watch out!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I'm completely happy with number 1, but I have a number 2:

Belle X1 Rocket Plane Model (Arthur)
1668560875081.png

"If it could break the sound barrier, falling out of a window shouldn't be able to break it!" Geez, D.W. has like zero knowledge about how air physics work.

An item that although powerful, is quite funny in context. When a fighter picks it up, they can throw it at others to which it breaks, causing whoever threw it to fly into a glowing red rage as their speed and attack power are greatly increased for a short time! The fighter hit by the model plane is also set as a "target" by whoever threw it at them (as indicated by an orange triangle above them), meaning that they can actually suffer far more knockback by the enraged fighter!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the jobs now. Tiny, Keith David and the Createrra XV got in as assists. Also, all three items submitted got in so congrats to me and Pop!

Now, I'm going to add a Strawpoll as well to see if we are going to add some extra content to the Donkey update!

Additional Content Poll

Now, onto the next job:

Job 178:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Donkey. I feel one of the events should focus around Donkey while the other three focus on the stages that come with the update or so. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Event #Extra01: Super Tiny
Event description:
It seems Tiny wants to be a superhero and help do some chores around the Secret House! Although, he seems to be causing more trouble than good. Help Tiny be super and clean the Secret House!
Player: Donkey
Assist: Tiny
Allies: Arthur and Dot (representing Tom and Tilly)
Stage: The Secret House and Donkey's Shed
Opponent(s): Random for each playthrough
Event objective: As Donkey, you need to attack various opponents in certain spots that glow on the stage when the assist meter is full and Tiny will do a "chore" causing that spot to be clean. However, if you KO an opponent in a spot that's not in the glowing area, get KOd or not use Tiny to KO an opponent, you fail the event.
References: The Tots TV episode Super Tiny

Event #Extra02: Kermit's T-Shirt Bonanza
Event description:
Kermit has just arrived into some wonderful t-shirt store to get some Kermit the Frog t-shirts printed out. However, the t-shirt salesman cannot find the right shirt and much to Kermit's dismay, he wants it soon or else he'll get angry!
Player: Choice
Assist: Kermit
Stage: The Wonderful World of T-Shirts
Opponent(s): Random for Every Playthrough
Event objective: During the battle, the t-shirt salesman will hold up various t-shirts with misspellings of the word "frog" on it. When you see the right shirt that says "Kermit the FROG"on it, attack it when Kermit's assist meter is full. If you get KOd or hit the wrong shirt on accident, you fail the event.
References: The Sesame Street skit of the same name, The Wonderful World of T-Shirts but Kermit actually gets the right shirt.

Event #Extra03: Lionel The Librarian: No Way...No Way...
Event description:
Lionel is a librarian in training at the Busterfield Library! However, it seems the Anomaly's forces attacked the library causing Lionel's library duties to crumple and the computer system to be hacked! Help Lionel sort out this mess before his parents find out about it!
Player: Lionel
Stage: Busterfield Library (stays in the main hall)
Opponent(s): Random for every playthrough (x10)
Event objective: As Lionel, you need to KO all of the Anomaly's captured fighters that infiltrated the library! It's a no-frills battle! If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: Based on the Between the Lions episode The Good Seed, but the Anomaly take over the library and the computer network there instead of Lionel opening up the email with the "freebee". The event name is to a quote Lionel says when he let disaster ensue across the library.

Event #Extra04: Some Elephant-Sitting Trouble
Event description:
It seems Grampy is away and has left a donkey who looks like Donkey Hodie in charge of his pet elephant...however, this donkey is not easygoing. Clyde the Cloud must step in to help this donkey become a great elephant-sitter!
Player: Choice
Assist: Clyde the Cloud
Stage: Someplace Else
Opponent(s): Donkey (in yellowish color, his 4th alt to represent Donkey Hodie)
Event objective: You need to basically calm down Donkey by using Clyde the Cloud when the assist meter is full on Donkey. Donkey will be at high percent and at rage so one attack results in a KO. You will fill up the assist over time. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: The Donkey Hodie episode A Big Favor for Grampy

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, All of AlteredBeast's submissions are good to me, I will gladly go with them.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my events got in. I also realized that my job numbering is off by one and has been since around August but that doesn't really matter. Just add one to the job number and then you got the right job number. Anyway, now onward to our next three jobs! One main job with a small addition to the game, one job prompt job and one side job.

Job 179:

Submit a quality-of-life addition you want with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! update that comes with Donkey. It has to be some small minor change that enhances the game but does not affect the game's core gameplay.

Job 180:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our second and final free DLC bonus character. Make sure its a specific prompt and nothing too vague. Always leave room for creativity!

Side job:

Write a reveal trailer script for Donkey.

Quality of life addition:

Shorter loading times for logos/battles/etc.

Oh no! It seems one of the major complaints PBS Kids: Brawltime! is having is that there is a bit of a wait time for everything! Well, it seems the development team has found a way to make the loading time go by faster! Therefore, shorter loading times have been put in place for this update!

Newcomer prompt:

Submit a character from a series represented in the game that is either represented via a stage, assist, item, etc. Basically, any series that does not have a fighter on the roster is eligible.

I feel this can make our last bonus DLC newcomer seem like another expansion to a franchise represented in the game. I was considering doing a second character from series with only one fighter but there are more options here.

Reveal trailer for Donkey:

What Will We See?

This trailer would be shown off in a showcase video that will most likely be livestreamed on YouTube covering the first big post-launch update.

Before the trailer would commence with Announcer Bunny appearing, there would be sort of a mini montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with the starting 12 that were revealed along with Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly, Ord, Marvin, Ruff Ruffman, Buster and Cheeko (all the base game characters) by it.

Then, we see Announncer Bunny here.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to the first ever DLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the first out of the two free bonus characters you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies! Now, to tell you all about what's been happening so far with our fighters, there has been a sighting of a strange bag with some sort of magic powers. We currently do not know who the owners are! Maybe, they can claim it! Let's find out!

Announcer Bunny pops back into his hat and the screen cuts to black.

Then, we see gameplay footage on the Magical Events stage where we see the Teletubbies, the Kratt Brothers, Arthur and Buster fighting and then, The Teletubbies then use the Magic Bag item gaining all sorts of items out of it.

We see it used again on Once Upon a Restaurant where Lionel, Cheeko, Xavier Riddle and Barney are fighting and then Barney sees the Magic Bag and uses it.

Finally, we see Dash, Big Bird, Ms. Frizzle and Ord fighting where then Big Bird sees the Magic Bag and then uses it to gain items.

Suddenly, the TV switches inputs to a certain intro where we see a certain secret house and then, the three ragdoll tots.

It appears to be the regular Tots TV intro (the US dub) until when getting to the Magic Bag part....

Tiny: Wait! Where did the Magic Bag go?

Tom: That's strange, it's been dissapearing like crazy as of recently.

Tilly: Es una locura! (That's crazy in Spanish)

Tom: Wherever it went off to, then....

Tiny then goes outside of the Secret House.

Tiny: I'm going to check on Donkey!

Tom and Tilly follow suit and they arrive at Donkey's shed where....he appears to be missing!

Tom: Oh dear! Donkey is missing but....

Tom looks at a picture of a familiar park with blue skies and the letters PTV on the sign on the ground of Donkey's shed.

Tom: It seems like Donkey may have went to this park in the picture. We should head there.

Tilly: Si! Si!

Tiny: Let's gooooo! Let's see what we can see!

The three tots head out to the park where they see Donkey being pat and fed by Dash and then, the three ragdoll tots arrive.

Dash: Oh! Tilly, Tom, Tiny! It's been YEARS since I last saw you three! It seems your donkey here ran away as this bag of yours has been appearing so much during my Brawltime Party!

Tom: Oh well....we saw our Magic Bag was dissapearing from our...

Tiny: Shhhh! Tom, it's a SECRETTT!

Dash laughs.

Dash: Well then, it seems your donkey here should join our Brawltime party! After all, he seems to have fun and you three can join him too!

Tom: We would love to, Dash!

Donkey just smiles and pats and then...

Donkey gets into a pose as then this text pops up:

Introducing Donkey! (Donkey stands next to the text while Announcer Bunny says "Donkey!")

The trailer then plays a remastered remix of the Tots TV opening and closing theme. We then see gameplay of Donkey's moveset as he attacks various fighters across various stages.

During the inital gameplay:

Tiny: Donkey is a wonderful friend!

Tom: Lovely Donkey...

We then see his rage gimmick against the Teletubbies on the Magical Events stage.

Tom: Uh oh! Donkey is a little mad since he seems to be losing some game he is playing.

It then cuts to the Secret House and Donkey's shed Stage where we see Donkey with Tiny as an assist fighting against Elmo and Chris and Martin.

Tiny: Well, I guess our house is not too much of a secret now.

Tom: Well to us, it's still the Secret House.

We then see funny moments from the trailer including:

• Donkey chasing the Teletubbies on the Magical Events stage
  • Chris and Martin with Donkey on the Animal Junction stage
  • Donkey with Barney and Dash and Dot on The Treehouse stage
  • Donkey with the Piggley Winks assist
Finally, it cuts back to the regular animation footage with all the PBS Kids: Brawltime! characters wanting to pet Donkey at PTV Park.

Dash: Well, it seems Donkey is welcome to the Brawltime party! It seems everyone loves him!

Tom, Tilly and Tiny nod and join in the fun.

Then, as the final note of the Tots TV credits theme hits, Donkey is added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters.

It then cuts to copyrights and all.

In the first DLC update showcase presentation:

Announcer Bunny appears again.

Announcer Bunny: A donkey appearing? Who would have expected that? Donkey from Tots TV will be our first bonus character for PBS Kids: Brawltime! coming for free right after this presentation! We hope you enjoyed his introduction! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring him coming out right after the showcase.

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Donkey and his moveset (his central rage gimmick)
  • His stage, The Secret House and Donkey's Shed
  • Tiny as an assist

Notes:

• In the YouTube trailer version, the trailer will start with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters by the logo and it will cut right into the part where Announcer Bunny just talks about what has been happening with all of the fighters.
  • The title of the trailer is a reference to a lyric in the Tots TV theme song.
  • The three voice actors in the American dub will reprise their roles as their respective tot in this universe (although it would be hard to get Kevin Clash as Tiny because of his resignation)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Improvements to online, like improved rollback netcode and less lag and latency in crossplay.

Any improvements to online experiences are always welcome, they are sure to please a great number of people.

Newcomer prompt:

Submit a character from a stage that "deconfirmed" a fighter.

I want the 2nd free post-launch DLC character to be a special one. Consider this one time where a rule has been broken for once. You can submit a character that already appears on another stage to be the next fighter! If that character is used on the stage to which they already appear in, they're simply not there!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I will leave both quality of life additions and newcomer prompt submissions open for another day! Please get in your ideas! No new jobs today as I want more submissions.

However, I would like to say that the PBS Kids: Archives will get 4 new episodes for this update.

Super Tiny and the episodes that came with it in the US dub for Tots TV since we have an event based off of this episode.

Episode 1494 of Sesame Street since that was the debut of the Wonderful World of T-Shirts skit.

The Good Seed for Between the Lions

A Big Favor for Grampy/A New Way to Bounce for Donkey Hodie

I will add these to the PBS Kids: Archives. If anyone objects or has other ideas, please let me know. Happy submitting.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my events got in. I also realized that my job numbering is off by one and has been since around August but that doesn't really matter. Just add one to the job number and then you got the right job number. Anyway, now onward to our next three jobs! One main job with a small addition to the game, one job prompt job and one side job.

Job 179:

Submit a quality-of-life addition you want with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! update that comes with Donkey. It has to be some small minor change that enhances the game but does not affect the game's core gameplay.

Job 180:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our second and final free DLC bonus character. Make sure its a specific prompt and nothing too vague. Always leave room for creativity!

Side job:

Write a reveal trailer script for Donkey.

Shorter loading times for logos/battles/etc.

Oh no! It seems one of the major complaints PBS Kids: Brawltime! is having is that there is a bit of a wait time for everything! Well, it seems the development team has found a way to make the loading time go by faster! Therefore, shorter loading times have been put in place for this update!

Newcomer prompt:

Submit a character from a series represented in the game that is either represented via a stage, assist, item, etc. Basically, any series that does not have a fighter on the roster is eligible.

I feel this can make our last bonus DLC newcomer seem like another expansion to a franchise represented in the game. I was considering doing a second character from series with only one fighter but there are more options here.

Reveal trailer for Donkey:

What Will We See?

This trailer would be shown off in a showcase video that will most likely be livestreamed on YouTube covering the first big post-launch update.

Before the trailer would commence with Announcer Bunny appearing, there would be sort of a mini montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with the starting 12 that were revealed along with Elmo, the Teletubbies, Molly, Ord, Marvin, Ruff Ruffman, Buster and Cheeko (all the base game characters) by it.

Then, we see Announncer Bunny here.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to the first ever DLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the first out of the two free bonus characters you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies! Now, to tell you all about what's been happening so far with our fighters, there has been a sighting of a strange bag with some sort of magic powers. We currently do not know who the owners are! Maybe, they can claim it! Let's find out!

Announcer Bunny pops back into his hat and the screen cuts to black.

Then, we see gameplay footage on the Magical Events stage where we see the Teletubbies, the Kratt Brothers, Arthur and Buster fighting and then, The Teletubbies then use the Magic Bag item gaining all sorts of items out of it.

We see it used again on Once Upon a Restaurant where Lionel, Cheeko, Xavier Riddle and Barney are fighting and then Barney sees the Magic Bag and uses it.

Finally, we see Dash, Big Bird, Ms. Frizzle and Ord fighting where then Big Bird sees the Magic Bag and then uses it to gain items.

Suddenly, the TV switches inputs to a certain intro where we see a certain secret house and then, the three ragdoll tots.

It appears to be the regular Tots TV intro (the US dub) until when getting to the Magic Bag part....

Tiny: Wait! Where did the Magic Bag go?

Tom: That's strange, it's been dissapearing like crazy as of recently.

Tilly: Es una locura! (That's crazy in Spanish)

Tom: Wherever it went off to, then....

Tiny then goes outside of the Secret House.

Tiny: I'm going to check on Donkey!

Tom and Tilly follow suit and they arrive at Donkey's shed where....he appears to be missing!

Tom: Oh dear! Donkey is missing but....

Tom looks at a picture of a familiar park with blue skies and the letters PTV on the sign on the ground of Donkey's shed.

Tom: It seems like Donkey may have went to this park in the picture. We should head there.

Tilly: Si! Si!

Tiny: Let's gooooo! Let's see what we can see!

The three tots head out to the park where they see Donkey being pat and fed by Dash and then, the three ragdoll tots arrive.

Dash: Oh! Tilly, Tom, Tiny! It's been YEARS since I last saw you three! It seems your donkey here ran away as this bag of yours has been appearing so much during my Brawltime Party!

Tom: Oh well....we saw our Magic Bag was dissapearing from our...

Tiny: Shhhh! Tom, it's a SECRETTT!

Dash laughs.

Dash: Well then, it seems your donkey here should join our Brawltime party! After all, he seems to have fun and you three can join him too!

Tom: We would love to, Dash!

Donkey just smiles and pats and then...

Donkey gets into a pose as then this text pops up:

Introducing Donkey! (Donkey stands next to the text while Announcer Bunny says "Donkey!")

The trailer then plays a remastered remix of the Tots TV opening and closing theme. We then see gameplay of Donkey's moveset as he attacks various fighters across various stages.

During the inital gameplay:

Tiny: Donkey is a wonderful friend!

Tom: Lovely Donkey...

We then see his rage gimmick against the Teletubbies on the Magical Events stage.

Tom: Uh oh! Donkey is a little mad since he seems to be losing some game he is playing.

It then cuts to the Secret House and Donkey's shed Stage where we see Donkey with Tiny as an assist fighting against Elmo and Chris and Martin.

Tiny: Well, I guess our house is not too much of a secret now.

Tom: Well to us, it's still the Secret House.

We then see funny moments from the trailer including:

• Donkey chasing the Teletubbies on the Magical Events stage
  • Chris and Martin with Donkey on the Animal Junction stage
  • Donkey with Barney and Dash and Dot on The Treehouse stage
  • Donkey with the Piggley Winks assist
Finally, it cuts back to the regular animation footage with all the PBS Kids: Brawltime! characters wanting to pet Donkey at PTV Park.

Dash: Well, it seems Donkey is welcome to the Brawltime party! It seems everyone loves him!

Tom, Tilly and Tiny nod and join in the fun.

Then, as the final note of the Tots TV credits theme hits, Donkey is added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters.

It then cuts to copyrights and all.

In the first DLC update showcase presentation:

Announcer Bunny appears again.

Announcer Bunny: A donkey appearing? Who would have expected that? Donkey from Tots TV will be our first bonus character for PBS Kids: Brawltime! coming for free right after this presentation! We hope you enjoyed his introduction! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring him coming out right after the showcase.

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Donkey and his moveset (his central rage gimmick)
  • His stage, The Secret House and Donkey's Shed
  • Tiny as an assist

Notes:

• In the YouTube trailer version, the trailer will start with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters by the logo and it will cut right into the part where Announcer Bunny just talks about what has been happening with all of the fighters.
  • The title of the trailer is a reference to a lyric in the Tots TV theme song.
  • The three voice actors in the American dub will reprise their roles as their respective tot in this universe (although it would be hard to get Kevin Clash as Tiny because of his resignation)

Improvements to online, like improved rollback netcode and less lag and latency in crossplay.

Any improvements to online experiences are always welcome, they are sure to please a great number of people.

Newcomer prompt:

Submit a character from a stage that "deconfirmed" a fighter.

I want the 2nd free post-launch DLC character to be a special one. Consider this one time where a rule has been broken for once. You can submit a character that already appears on another stage to be the next fighter! If that character is used on the stage to which they already appear in, they're simply not there!

Alright, I will close the newcomer prompt submissions for now. I feel both quality of life additions will come into the update with Donkey. But, for now, we need to decide the second and final free bonus DLC newcomer prompt. Vote on the Strawpoll below.

Newcomer Prompt Poll

Now, onward to a mini main job:

Job 181:

Due to the development team wanting to not only do what they think people would love for PBS Kids: Brawltime! but also want true input from the fans, we need to come up with ways about how to involve the fans in showcasing their ideas/wants for Brawltime itself!

Therefore...

Submit an idea/way for fans to get their ideas into PBS Kids: Brawltime! Do not let them take 100% of control but a decent amount to allow their creativity to shine! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My idea:

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! Stage Layout Contest

Basically, like what the Smash Remix dev team did this year, fans will be able to submit layouts showcasing their unique ideas for stage layouts. This is not for them to want let's say another Sesame Street stage but just unique layouts they come up with.

This would be a fun way to get fans involved with stage layout ideas but not take full control over the themes of the stages.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
For mine:

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! Story Mode Side Story Contest

Inspired from writing contests in general. In this contests, fans get to submit a quick summary for a fan-made story mode side story (probably in 3 to 4 sentences), whether it's an event that occurs after the PBS Kids characters adjust their lives in the neon gaming city OR maybe just kind of like a "WHAT IF....?" scenario where there would be a story mode chapter that explores how certain events would go differently if one moment changes one thing. Like Marvel Studio's WHAT IF...?, with there being an episode that explores how differently the beginnings of the MCU would have gone if Killmonger rescued Tony Stark in Afghanistan before the fateful explosion, maybe there can be a WHAT IF....? story mode side story that explores alternate scenarios for certain events in the main story mode.

With this, it is sure to have many people get a good start on story telling with a little imagination and then by just submitting a few sentences before the winning entry gets a full fleshed-out story mode side story!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I feel me and Pop's ideas would be the two contests that fans can participate in. We'll just decide when the fictional winning entries for each contest will come about.

Now, whenever Pop is ready, it'll be time for our next and final free bonus DLC character job! He will do the honors of telling you what the next order of business is!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, sorry if I'm a bit late on this, but here it goes!

Job 181: The second and final free bonus DLC fighter for the game is going to be a very special one! For this one, you can submit a character from a stage that "deconfirmed" a fighter! That's right, just submit a character that appears in the background of an existing PBS Kids: Brawltime! stage! When that character is used on the stage that they appear in, they're simply not there!, OR they can be replaced with another character which you can come up with! (Just like Alfonzo on the Spirit Train stage if Toon Link is on the stage, Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"). Consider this one time where a rule has been "broken" as a special occasion, so don't expect any more of things like those for future DLC for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Just for a quick start guide, here are some viable options listed below!

• Island of Sodor (The Fat Controller/Sir Topham Hatt)
  • The Treehouse (Scooter McNutty)
  • Cliff's Cliff (Cliff Hanger)
  • Dragon Land (Cassie, Zak and Wheezie)

My submission (Technically a resubmission, but eh):
Timothy (Timothy Goes to School)

latest.png

Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom is a stage in the game already with him appearing in it, minding his own business and doing regular kindergarden stuff, but frankly, I really wanted him as a fighter, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity!

His show revolves around his adventures in his kindergarten class at school, that's all I really have to say about his show's premise, lol.

I don't particularly have a solid reason why I chose him, but I decided I wanted to submit a character from a show that I had just heard about, likely because it's just so obscure. Plus, as a kid, I had always loved books and shows about anthropomorphic animals with clothes and doing all kinds of stuff that humans do, usually things related to elementary school.

I kinda envision his moveset akin to Villager/Isabelle, but he uses things like school supplies and just doing things what kids in kindergarten tend to do.

When he's on Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom as a fighter, he's simply not in Mrs. Jenkins's class as a background character!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will be resubmitting Sir Topham Hatt.

3DB3C414-C760-4900-B5B9-AB670CD464F0.jpeg

You may recognize him as the controller of the North Western Railway. It’s the stout gentleman himself, Sir Topham Hatt! I know that we have an Island of Sodor stage “deconfirming” a Thomas and Friends fighter but I feel Sir Topham Hatt would break the rule. Plus, Thomas and Friends is a huge brand. I feel Topham would make a better Thomas and Friends rep than Mr. Conductor (we could include a Shining Time Station stage in the future and Mr. Conductor as an assist). I do know also Wa3 wanted Topham to be a fighter and I can totally see the appeal of the stout gentleman himself. We are lacking in terms of the international TV shows PBS acquired and Thomas first came to the United States via Shining Time Station on PBS during the PTV Park era. We did just get Donkey from Tots TV but Topham would be a different fighter from another British franchise that I grew up with.

Also, throw in the fact it’s been a while since we had a full-on human fighter since Molly Mabray. I have a few ideas for a moveset for him and his reveal trailer. I envision him to be around NASB Patrick’s weight so a lighter heavyweight maybe.

When you play as him on the Island of Sodor stage, he will simply be removed from the background when he appears in certain locations.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I just want to inform everyone that character submissions will be open till Friday. I want more submissions and want to give people more time to submit characters as Thanksgiving is coming up. If you need any confirmation about what characters are eligible for the job. Please let me know! Thanks.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hello all,

I just want to inform everyone that character submissions will be open till Friday. I want more submissions and want to give people more time to submit characters as Thanksgiving is coming up. If you need any confirmation about what characters are eligible for the job. Please let me know! Thanks.
Frankly, I was going to say the same thing, keeping it open for longer helps

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
Zak and Wheezie

Just look at them, they're two dragons in one! They will for sure make an interesting gimmick involving different attacks at different sides, like Lloyd in SSF2. That is if they appear on the Dragon Tales stage, if they are in the battle, they are not on the stage background.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry if I'm a bit late on this, but here it goes!

Job 181: The second and final free bonus DLC fighter for the game is going to be a very special one! For this one, you can submit a character from a stage that "deconfirmed" a fighter! That's right, just submit a character that appears in the background of an existing PBS Kids: Brawltime! stage! When that character is used on the stage that they appear in, they're simply not there!, OR they can be replaced with another character which you can come up with! (Just like Alfonzo on the Spirit Train stage if Toon Link is on the stage, Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"). Consider this one time where a rule has been "broken" as a special occasion, so don't expect any more of things like those for future DLC for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Just for a quick start guide, here are some viable options listed below!

• Island of Sodor (The Fat Controller/Sir Topham Hatt)
  • The Treehouse (Scooter McNutty)
  • Cliff's Cliff (Cliff Hanger)
  • Dragon Land (Cassie, Zak and Wheezie)

My submission (Technically a resubmission, but eh):
Timothy (Timothy Goes to School)

latest.png

Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom is a stage in the game already with him appearing in it, minding his own business and doing regular kindergarden stuff, but frankly, I really wanted him as a fighter, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity!

His show revolves around his adventures in his kindergarten class at school, that's all I really have to say about his show's premise, lol.

I don't particularly have a solid reason why I chose him, but I decided I wanted to submit a character from a show that I had just heard about, likely because it's just so obscure. Plus, as a kid, I had always loved books and shows about anthropomorphic animals with clothes and doing all kinds of stuff that humans do, usually things related to elementary school.

I kinda envision his moveset akin to Villager/Isabelle, but he uses things like school supplies and just doing things what kids in kindergarten tend to do.

When he's on Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom as a fighter, he's simply not in Mrs. Jenkins's class as a background character!
I will be resubmitting Sir Topham Hatt.

3DB3C414-C760-4900-B5B9-AB670CD464F0.jpeg

You may recognize him as the controller of the North Western Railway. It’s the stout gentleman himself, Sir Topham Hatt! I know that we have an Island of Sodor stage “deconfirming” a Thomas and Friends fighter but I feel Sir Topham Hatt would break the rule. Plus, Thomas and Friends is a huge brand. I feel Topham would make a better Thomas and Friends rep than Mr. Conductor (we could include a Shining Time Station stage in the future and Mr. Conductor as an assist). I do know also Wa3 wanted Topham to be a fighter and I can totally see the appeal of the stout gentleman himself. We are lacking in terms of the international TV shows PBS acquired and Thomas first came to the United States via Shining Time Station on PBS during the PTV Park era. We did just get Donkey from Tots TV but Topham would be a different fighter from another British franchise that I grew up with.

Also, throw in the fact it’s been a while since we had a full-on human fighter since Molly Mabray. I have a few ideas for a moveset for him and his reveal trailer. I envision him to be around NASB Patrick’s weight so a lighter heavyweight maybe.

When you play as him on the Island of Sodor stage, he will simply be removed from the background when he appears in certain locations.
Zak and Wheezie

Just look at them, they're two dragons in one! They will for sure make an interesting gimmick involving different attacks at different sides, like Lloyd in SSF2. That is if they appear on the Dragon Tales stage, if they are in the battle, they are not on the stage background.
Mrs. O (Odd Squad)

Is she on the Odd Squad stage? If so, than she is a good choice.
Alright, sorry about the late post here but hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving to whoever celebrates it! Now, it's time to vote! Vote for your top 2 choices but you can only put your own in second.

Timothy (Timothy Goes to School) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Sir Topham Hatt/The Fat Controller (Thomas and Friends) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Zak and Wheezie (Dragon Tales) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Ms. O (The Odd Squad) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now, onward to the next two jobs:

Job 182:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage that will come with the second bonus DLC character update. Don't be too vague but leave room for creativity.

Job 183:

Like Nintendo did for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS in the spring of 2015, I feel we should have a PBS Kids: Brawltime! ballot for who people want for the Learner's Pass. How should we format the ballot? Should it be open choice or have multiple choices? What about for non-PBS characters to become DLC? Discuss your ideas here!

1. Ms. O (I feel we need more females and more modern PBS reps. Kind of surprised we don't have an Odd Squad fighter.)
2. Sir Topham Hatt (Self-vote but if I could put Topham as my first choice, I would. Lots of people know the stout gentleman, he'd fit perfectly for sure for people wanting to play this game and for those who love Thomas and Friends. Not to mention the funny moveset potential.)

Big shoutouts to Zak and Wheezie mostly because they would have a super cool gimmick. Timothy is a cool choice too as well.

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on an original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime! (such as any location from the Story Mode, other modes, etc.)

A fun job that can showcase the original worlds we created for this game.

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Learning Ballot Ideas:

Personally, I'm thinking for the ballot, it would be closed choice as in multiple choice. There would be one section featuring characters from various PBS Kids franchises as well as shows distributed by American Public Television on it that aired on PBS Kids. You can choose up to 10 characters you want as fighters.

There will also be a section talking about guest characters. Names will range from characters from:

• PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids
  • Other kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows
  • Learning Comapny characters
  • Characters affiliated with PBS Kids
  • Names from the PBS adult block
  • Characters from other iconic kids show IPs from other kids networks
I feel fans should have a say in what they want. However, there would be restrictions. I want to hear everyone else's input as well.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Ms. O
2. Timothy (Self-vote, but his show is just too cute for me)

I was really going to submit a stage prompt myself, but I like AlteredBeast's just too much, I'll very gladly go with that.

While I agree with most of AlteredBeast's points for the ballot, All I was thinking for it is......well, just a multiple choice system featuring the "missing" PBS Kids characters like Super Why or Luna from that show by the Rocko's Modern Life creator, where users can choose a certain number of characters that they feel should be in the game, and for the guest characters......some moderation might have to be taken on this one to prevent the floodgates from opening up TOO much (Characters from other iconic kids show IPs from other kids networks in particular), but things like Sprout/Universal Kids and Learning Company characters surely will do the trick! On a side note, the "Other kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows" can open up some very creatively-exciting stuff.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Sorry for the long wait everyone but....

It's time to reveal the second and bonus final DLC fighter! Here are the results:

Timothy: 1
Sir Topham Hatt: 1
Zak and Wheezie: 0 :(
Ms. O: 4

It seems that the leader of the Odd Squad, the super math problem solver Ms. O from Odd Squad joins the Brawltime Party as our 2nd bonus DLC fighter! Congrats to IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen on their submission getting in! An excellent choice for another female character onto our roster! I put a poll below for if we should enhance her homestage, Precinct 13579 in some form with the Ms. O DLC update. Vote below please.

Enhancements for the Precinct 13579 stage Poll

Now, to our next two stage jobs for two stages that will come with Ms. O!

Job 184:

Submit a stage based on an original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime! (such as any location from the Story Mode, other modes, etc.). Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 185:

• Barney and Friends
  • WordGirl
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • EekoWorld
  • Tots TV
Therefore, any stage based on a location from Sesame Street, Arthur, a PBS Kids ID/commercial/etc. and Between the Lions are ineligible. An Odd Squad stage will be ineligible as well. Regardless of the restrictions, describe your stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Stage based on original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime!:

Land of No-Learning

land-biomes_preview.jpg

This is basically a stage based off of the main setting of the story mode from PBS Kids: Brawltime! You will be traveling through the various locations as shown in the story mode such as the plain grasslands, snowy areas, the lakeside, the electric corridor, etc. The stage has the same layout as Final Battlefield from SSBU making it potentially a counterpick stage for a competitively legal stage. In addition, the stage's terrain will change when in battle affecting the stage. When in the snowy area, the stage wil be snowy and affect the fighter's movment, grasslands just change appearance, dessert will cause ground to be sandy slowing fighter's movements, etc. A fun stage for an original location from the game.

Second stage for series represented by fighter:

Poddleville (Cyberchase)

Backgrounds2_3.jpg

Based off of the location seen in the pilot in Cyberchase, this is the perfect second stage for Cyberchase. Basically, you start by fighting on the streets of the cyberworld of the city. Various Poddles appear in the background and all.

Annie%2C_Matt%2C_and_Inez_%28The_Poddleville_Case%29_%283%29.jpg
Inez_%28The_Poddleville_Case%29_%286%29.jpg

Then, you go to the inside with the pattern board where you can solve a math pattern problem. When you do, you will be rewarded with a special item!

Also, when you press a certain button when selecting this stage (the button being the X button), the appearance of Poddleville will change to its appearance like it was in the pilot episode of Cyberchase.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
The Anomaly Dimension
1669605027549.png
1669605043579.png

1669605081805.png
1669605107605.png

Although I'm 100% happy with AlteredBeast's submission, I also thought that it would be fun to battle in the Anomaly Dimension itself! Its layout can be like Tabuu's battle arena in SSB Brawl, with all the dark purple background stuff all twisting and distorting to give the stage that true ominous feel.
1669605021374.png

Even though I'm resubmitting this stage again, I feel like the Kratt Bros deserve two stages, so here it is
the Tortuga HQ

Yep, the Tortuga HQ as you see it above is all I have for this stage's layout! (except it would be facing right) Its head, tail and its massive shell all serve as solid platforms as it travels between different continents featuring all kinds of amazing animals. One gimmick I have in mind is that Zach Varmitech can show up on the stage on a flying machine and try to mess up the nature around him while also trying to mess with the fighters too. While his flying machine can be used as a platform, it can be sent flying away and out of control if it is attacked enough. Better get rid of him fast before he does too much damage to nature!. You can even see some notable Wild Kratts characters in the HQ's windows as well, such as Koki and Jimmy Z.

Attachments

Top Bottom