• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I am going to be closing the stage voting and the moveset PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn made for Elmo will be used. Tickle Me Land will be used as Elmo's stage so congrats to me! It'll be the 5th competitively viable stage in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Now, two jobs. One main job and one side job.

Job 72:

Submit two items: one passive/healing and one
aggressive.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Elmo. He will be revealed at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! invitational and his reveal should be interactive with the reveal meaning something that teases a character reveal at the beginning of the invitational and then he'll get revealed at the end.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Job 72:

Passive/Healing Item: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (Technically Barney)

906bcef37f934f76900b50b1e7959236.jpg

Barney's favorite food! It'll restore 15% of the fighter's damage when eaten. It spawns semi-frequently.

Aggressive Item: PBS Kids Jack-In-The-Box (PBS Kids Bumpers/IDs)

x1080.jpeg

This is another classic PBS Kids bumper item that used to announce which show was coming up next! This jack-in-the-box will spawn semi-frequently. If a fighter picks it up, you must hold the A button to crank the handle. If cranked successfully without any other fighter attacking you, Dash as Jack will pop out and various PBS bumpers with your character's face will spawn across the stage briefly causing 10% damage to a fighter that gets hit by the circle.

My Elmo Reveal Trailer Idea:

At the beginning of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! invitational, the host will welcome everyone and then Dash will interrupt and appear on the big screen saying:

"Hi everyone! I am sending a special letter to a friend of mine. It's going to take time to get there. I can't say where it's going to, you'll have to see who receives this letter."

The host will then say: "Well, I can't wait to see who the letter will go to but we will have to wait and see where it goes. Let's get on with the invitational!"

Then, after the invitational ends, the host will say: "Alright, well that was a fun invitational, now I think I have to pass over the mic to the game announcer, Announcer Bunny!"

Announcer Bunny: "Aaaaaanouncer Bunny here telling you all to not live this livestream, Dash's letter has been delivered to the location of the letter recipient. Let's check out who will receive it! Thank youuuuu!"

The screen will cut to black as it will then show a plane delivering air mail past all the continents until....

It drives on a familiar street setting where we then see Grover dressed as a mailman looking at the letter.

Grover: "I must get this delivered right away! On my wayyyyyy!"

Grover then runs frantically across Sesame Street passing various characters:

• He first passes Bert and Ernie who are reading at a table the books they read in the Between the Lions episode Tweet, Tweet and they look at Grover running and saying in unison "Was that letter for us?"
  • Then, he passes Abby Cadabby practicing magic spells but she doesn't notice Grover running.
  • Onward, we see Oscar just being grouchy saying as Grover runs by "That letter would be trash anyway."
  • Then, we see Zoe talking to Rocco as she would just be talking and not worrying about her surroundings.
  • Finally, he passes Cookie Monster just eating cookies not minding anyone's business.
Then, he finally gets to his location where we then see a red monster in his colorful apartment room.

Elmo: "Guess what Elmo is thinking about today! Ya-ta-tat-ta!"

Elmo will then open the door and see Grover.

Elmo: "Hi Grover!"

Grover: "Oh, hi Elmo! I have a special letter for you from a person named...um...Dash."

Elmo: "Oh, Elmo wants to read it!"

Then, Elmo will look at the letter and the letter is read from Dash's voice

Dash (heard but not seen):
"Dear Elmo,

How is everything? Big Bird has been away from Sesame Street and been traveling to different places. He really misses you. I was wondering if you want to join your friend on this adventure?

From,

Your friends Dash and Big Bird"

Elmo: "Well, Elmo would love to go. It's time to gooooo!"

Elmo then leaves the door and then....we see Elmo doing his render pose as it then goes to:

Introducing Elmo! in the PBS Font and Elmo stands next to it as Announcer Bunny says "Elmo!"

The music during Elmo's gameplay will be a remixed version of the Elmo's World theme.

We then cut to footage of Elmo fighting the various characters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as well as it showcasing his stage Tickle Me Land where he is seen fighting Big Bird, Mr. Rogers and Lionel.

Also, we see some funny/reference scenes where he taunts with Big Bird on the Sesame Street stage, him using his Down Special on Barney, him using his Light Up on the Kratt Brothers, etc.

Before the trailer ends, we see Elmo during his victory animation.

Then, the trailer ends with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! cast by the logo and then Elmo gets added (similar to the Smash Remix trailers).

Host: "Well, seems Elmo will be the 13th fighter for PBS Kids: Brawltime! Be on the lookout for his Meet the Fighters! video as well as for more announcements coming soon! Thank you all for watching the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Invitational and have a great rest of your day!"

Notes:

• In the YouTube trailer, it will have all the parts minus the host's commentary. The trailer will be titled "Play With Me, Sesame!"
  • The trailer will begin in the YouTube version with it having the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters by the logo (this will be the standard for all reveal trailers) and then Announcer Bunny will say "Time for a new friend to join the fight!"
  • Each character revealed will just get the Introducing art compared to a punny tagline for consistency sake.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
My healing item: Little Bo Peep Pot Pie (Arthur)
1654365743666.png

A tasty pot pie filled with lots and lots of spinach! Doesn't spawn as often as the other healing items, but it heals a whopping 45%!

Aggressive item: Chili Pepper (Original item)
69-697541_chili-pepper-png (2) (1).png

An original item idea much like Milk. This is a food item with no healing properties, but it allows its consumer to breath flames uncontrollably for a short time! Pretty much like Superspicy Curry.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'll close the items job and side job. My trailer for Elmo will be used and all items will be added. I will have to say Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy submitted the most unique item in this game so far, not gonna lie. Good work to all!

Now, to the next job.

Job 73:

Submit two assists: one from a series already represented and one from a series that is not represented at all.

The top two assists from each category will be chosen. So, submit your ideas please and use your imagination!

Represented Series: Mr. Ratburn (Arthur)

d25.png

The only represented series without an assist right now. Mr. Ratburn will assign the person he is assisting "homework" (give them 20% damage but boost their stats). However, when the assist meter is full, he will give the fighter he is assisting a 100% on homework meaning invincibility for 10 seconds.

Unrepresented Series: I will be resubmitting Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music)

TomChapin,Amy,Lomax,Delta.jpg

A great way to squeeze in an obscurer PBS Kids IP. When used as an assist, Lomax (the hound dog in the photo) will follow the fighter around playing country music or singing it healing 5% occasionally. When the meter is full, Lomax will gather his friends and they will put on a country concert causing the battle camera to zoom in on them (making the blastzones smaller on the stage, think the Squid Sisters assist trophy).

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Represented series (resubmission): Alan "the Brain" Powers (Arthur)

He gives the fighter he is assisting potions that heal or give speed, jump or power buffs depending on the current situation. True to him being a smart kid, he will always prioritize which potion is needed in which situation. (i.e., if the player's damage is high or if the player takes too much damage from another player's combo, the Brain will give the fighter he is assisting a heal potion, if the player is falling behind or is in need to get to a certain location quickly, the Brain will give the fighter he is assisting a speed, jump or power buff potion). When the meter is full, he'll give the fighter he is assisting a potion with stronger versions of the effects! On an additional note, he is not one of the classmates to appear for Arthur's neutral special.

Unrepresented series: George Shrinks
1654451041719.png

While Smash Bros has shown that size matters not (Ridley and Olimar are the biggest examples), George appears in this game as an assist in his canonical size (three inches tall)! His size makes it hard to see him on the battlefield, but when he comes close to an opponent, he'll unleash a very strong attack, such as an uppercut or a flying kick, on the opponent to really send them flying! When the meter is full, his main attack becomes much stronger. Think of him like Bewear in Smash Bros. Ultimate, but three inches tall. He is overall a good choice for ambushes and surprise attacks!

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Represented series: Noo-Noo (Teletubbies)
F25C7A4D-E287-417D-B8E1-C8C91C3D6BE7.jpeg

Noo-Noo sucks up everything he comes across, including items, taking them off of the playing field. Occasionally he’ll suck up a character for damage.

Unrepresented series: Piggley Winks (Jakers)
C168D7E3-EBA9-4275-B626-7F266DF28B2F.png

Piggley fights characters with punches, kicks, and occasionally throwing the Salmon of Knowledge.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'll close the items job and side job. My trailer for Elmo will be used and all items will be added. I will have to say Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy submitted the most unique item in this game so far, not gonna lie. Good work to all!

Now, to the next job.

Job 73:

Submit two assists: one from a series already represented and one from a series that is not represented at all.

The top two assists from each category will be chosen. So, submit your ideas please and use your imagination!

Represented Series: Mr. Ratburn (Arthur)

View attachment 354081

The only represented series without an assist right now. Mr. Ratburn will assign the person he is assisting "homework" (give them 20% damage but boost their stats). However, when the assist meter is full, he will give the fighter he is assisting a 100% on homework meaning invincibility for 10 seconds.

Unrepresented Series: I will be resubmitting Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music)

TomChapin,Amy,Lomax,Delta.jpg

A great way to squeeze in an obscurer PBS Kids IP. When used as an assist, Lomax (the hound dog in the photo) will follow the fighter around playing country music or singing it healing 5% occasionally. When the meter is full, Lomax will gather his friends and they will put on a country concert causing the battle camera to zoom in on them (making the blastzones smaller on the stage, think the Squid Sisters assist trophy).
Represented series (resubmission): Alan "the Brain" Powers (Arthur)

He gives the fighter he is assisting potions that heal or give speed, jump or power buffs depending on the current situation. True to him being a smart kid, he will always prioritize which potion is needed in which situation. (i.e., if the player's damage is high or if the player takes too much damage from another player's combo, the Brain will give the fighter he is assisting a heal potion, if the player is falling behind or is in need to get to a certain location quickly, the Brain will give the fighter he is assisting a speed, jump or power buff potion). When the meter is full, he'll give the fighter he is assisting a potion with stronger versions of the effects! On an additional note, he is not one of the classmates to appear for Arthur's neutral special.

Unrepresented series: George Shrinks
View attachment 354085
While Smash Bros has shown that size matters not (Ridley and Olimar are the biggest examples), George appears in this game as an assist in his canonical size (three inches tall)! His size makes it hard to see him on the battlefield, but when he comes close to an opponent, he'll unleash a very strong attack, such as an uppercut or a flying kick, on the opponent to really send them flying! When the meter is full, his main attack becomes much stronger. Think of him like Bewear in Smash Bros. Ultimate, but three inches tall. He is overall a good choice for ambushes and surprise attacks!
Represented series: Noo-Noo (Teletubbies)
View attachment 354093
Noo-Noo sucks up everything he comes across, including items, taking them off of the playing field. Occasionally he’ll suck up a character for damage.

Unrepresented series: Piggley Winks (Jakers)
View attachment 354095
Piggley fights characters with punches, kicks, and occasionally throwing the Salmon of Knowledge.
View attachment 354096
Zoboomafoo
The titular lemur. He'll jump around the stage and stick on to any characters, leaving them open to attacks.
Man..this is the job with a lot of submissions. Thanks to everyone who submitted something! We will close the job now. Vote for your top 2 assists from a represented series and top 2 from a non-represented series. However, you can only put your own in second.

Represented Series Assist:
Mr. Ratburn (Arthur) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Brain (Arthur) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Noo-Noo (Teletubbies) Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy
Zoboomafoo @Darkonedagger

Non-Represented Series Assist:
Lomax (Lomax, The Hound of Music) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
George Shrinks PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Piggley Winks (Jakers!) Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy

My votes:

1. The Brain (Arthur still needs an assist and I feel The Brain is the best choice for an assist.)
2. Noo-Noo (Surprised we haven't added him as an assist yet.)

1. George Shrinks (Super unique concept plus some representation for the Bookworm Bunch block.)
2. Lomax (Self-vote but I feel Lomax would make a unique assist for sure.)

All great ideas for real.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Voting is closed!

Here are the results:
Mr. Ratburn: 2
The Brain: 4
Noo-Noo: 6
Zoboomafoo: 0

Lomax: 1
George Shrinks: 6
Piggley: 5

The Brain, Noo-Noo, George Shrinks and Piggley are our next 4 assists!

Now, onto the next job:

Job 74:

Write up a script/idea for Chapter 1 of the Story Mode

Describe the levels, characters in it, dialogue, etc. I may come up with an idea but get submitting and use your imagination as always!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, Here's mine!

Chapter One: When struggling stars come to fight

Flashback footage of the playable PBS Kids characters in their shows and the events that happened prior to the events of the story mode

Narrator (Not the Announcer Bunny): "Once upon a time, there were a bunch of fun-loving young folks who loved to educate children all over the world with their learning skills. For many years, they taught children how to compute, spell, and how to apply life lessons to their everyday lives. That, however, would all change when an unexplainable monster blob of purple energy, to which most call it "The Anomaly", appeared in those characters' world out of nowhere and made all those who fell to it bow before it and serve it for all eternity. Our heroic folks, however, managed to escape the Anomaly by running as hard as they could before reaching portals summoned by some other good being that led them to a different land that they did not know about but would be much safer there. This land, much to their surprise, did not have any forms of towns and civilizations, ANYWHERE, just acres and acres of plain land and sea, every mile they went. Ever since they arrived on those barren lands, stricken by confusion and grief, all they could do was wander around the empty lands and fight those whoever stood in their way."

It then cuts to footage of the PBS Kids characters on the World of No-Learning having fierce battle, 1 on 1. It then cuts to footage of Big Bird and Mr. Rogers just about to duke it out

Big Bird: "Oh, who are you? And what are you doing on my path? Outta they way please!"

Mr. Rogers: "But don't you remember me? I taught you all those lessons of being kind! You shouldn't handle things like this, you know"

Big Bird: "You dare oppose me! You're going down!"

Mr. Rogers: "No, please, this is all wrong! Well, I guess I must...."

the player then plays as Big Bird, and has to simply defeat Mr. Rogers

After Mr. Rogers is defeated

Big Bird: Ha ha! That'll teach you a lesson for standing in MY way! My home is gone!, and you're really not helping things out you know!

Mr. Rogers groans, knowing he wouldn't really handle things violently, but he had no choice

Narrator: For all of them, it seemed that they would be doomed to remain fighting for their lives forever, but who knows if that'll always be true?

3 years later

Dash is seen running through a grassy plain when he then stumbles across Arthur being captured by some citizens enslaved by the Anomaly, to which he then chases after it

The next stage has Dash going through a platforming stage and defeat the Anomaly's minions before reaching the end, where Dash has to neutralize the Anomaly's enslaved minions to free Arthur.

Arthur: Oh! Thanks Dash! I know I've been terrible to you in the past hitting you, but I owe you big!

Dash: Aw, your welcome, Arthur. Jeez, I didn't know what everyone, including us, were fighting for. I always thought we were fighting off intruders who wanted to impede us!

Arthur: Hey, Dash, I'm no intruder, I, too, am just lost in this big, big empty world, just like all the others we fought against before! I really just think everyone's misguided here. So what do you say? Friend?

Dash: Friends

Arthur and Dash shake hands, but just as they were doing so, a crack appears in the sky, and purple energy spews out of the portal. Arthur and Dash observe the crack, the purple energy chain, as well as the enslaved minions who captured Arthur earlier running to the crack, they looked at each other in huge disbelief and surprise

Arthur: Uh oh.....It looks like that purple storm thing has come to find us at this very moment.....

Dash: Uh oh....this is not good! For a long time we have been hiding from this thing, but I guess now, it's found us! Quick, let's make a run for it!

Arthur and Dash run to find a hiding spot

The End of chapter 1

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
It's been a while since I mused a Meet the Fighters! video so I am going to do another one. Since me and Pop are the only ones written scripts at the moment, we decided to split up the fighters so going out of order, I will be writing the script for Barney's video.

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Barney!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with the 12 characters so far revealed on it.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Barney and Big Bird idling on The Treehouse stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. In this video, we will be talking about the super-dee-duper dinosaur with a huge imagination, Barney!

Cuts to footage of Barney gameplay while narrator explains Barney's play style.

True to his size and weight, Barney is a heavyweight who has average speed and does not excel too much in jumping skills, but all of his moves are designed to have lengthy hitboxes and strong launching power, albeit with some startlag and endlag for most of them. Due to Barney's nature of being from a show that is usually aimed at toddlers and even babies, Barney does not have a true gimmick to bring with him, but his heavyweight-style gameplay makes it a considerable gimmick, and all of his moves are based around the simple and imaginative scenarios he and the kids come up with or go to in his show.

Cuts to various footage of Barney and Friends.

Barney is a character that does not really need an introduction. His show Barney and Friends has aired on PBS for over 2 decades from 1992 to 2010. He has been teaching young toddlers and babies about numbers, letters, how to be a friend and how to have a great imagination. Besides the purple dinosaur himself, his friends Baby Bop, BJ and Riff are other fellow dinosaurs who join Barney and his friends on his adventures! His adventures have been proven to be Dino-mite!

Cuts to various footage of the Barney and The Backyard Gang videos.

However, before Barney joined the PBS network, he starred in a series of direct-to-home-videos called Barney and The Backyard Gang from 1988 to 1991. These videos were the prequel to the Barney and Friends series. Four of the children in those videos went on to star in the Barney and Friends TV series being Tina, Luci, Derek and Michael.

Cuts to footage of the "We Are Family" Music Video but only on the Barney and Big Bird scenes

Barney has also gotten the opportunity to sing with Big Bird, another fighter on the PBS Kids: Brawltime! roster in a special music video of We Are Family in 2002! It just shows how popular this dinosaur has been from his humble beginnings on home video to public television!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Barney and Big Bird idling on The Treehouse stage.

Now, let's go over Barney's moveset. First, we will go over his Light Moves.

Barney's Light Neutral is "Batter Up!"

Barney performs the move.

Barney swings a baseball bat, with a baseball cap briefly appearing on his head when he uses this move. The strong variant of the move has Barney swing the bat faster and harder.

Barney's Light Up is "Colors of The Rainbow."

Barney takes out a paintbrush of rainbow colors and paints a rainbow arch above him. The strong variant of the move has Barney take out a larger, wider paintbrush to paint a larger rainbow arch above him, in addition to more damage and knockback, but more startlag and endlag.

Barney's Light Down is "Bailing for Hay."

Barney pulls out a pitchfork and pitches some hay into the air, flipping any opponents close to Barney. The strong variant of the move has Barney pitch the pitchfork harder and faster with much more hay being flung into the air.

We have covered all of his light moves. Now, onward to Barney's special attacks.

Barney's Neutral Special is "All Aboard!"

Barney boards a train and starts driving it across the stage. When in the train, he can ram opponents and nullify projectiles, and the train is pretty strong too. He can get off by pressing either the attack button or the special attack button again.

Barney's Up Special is "Flying On An Airplane."

Barney boards a small airplane and flies upwards with it for 2 seconds.

Barney's Down Special is "Fighting Fires."

Barney pulls out a fire hose attached to a fire hydrant and sprays a huge blast of water to push opponents pretty fa with strong pushing power. Barney also gains a fireman's helmet while using the move.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Barney and Big Bird idling on The Treehouse stage.

That concludes the overview of Barney's moveset. Now, let's take a look at his taunt.

Barney does his taunt.

It seems Barney loves doing his Dino dances! Now, let's go over his alternate costumes.

We then see Barney in a Train Conductor outfit, a Baseball Player outfit, a Ringmaster Outfit and his appearance from Barney and The Backyard Gang.

Barney's alternate costumes consists of:

• Barney is his Train Conductor Outfit
  • Barney in a baseball uniform
  • Barney as a ringmaster
  • And, a special costume, Barney in his original appearance from Barney and The Backyard Gang.
Three of his outfits are based off of various imagination-based scenarios and the last outfit is based off of Barney's original appearance. A teeeee-riffic collection of costumes!

Here is a quick look at Barney's stage being The Treehouse! This was the hangout place for Barney and his friends from the third to sixth seasons of Barney and Friends. There are two small low platforms near the edges and two small high platforms close to each other on top of the wheel in the middle. This stage has walls, so players cannot go underneath it. As you can see the stage itself is made out of wood like what made The Treehouse. This stage is perfect for tournaments or if you just want a serious match. Also, you can notice two of Barney's old friends popping out and watching you fight from time to time. Do you remember these two?

It then zooms in to Scooter McNutty and Miss Etta Kette.

That's right! Scooter McNutty and Miss Etta Kette will appear in the background from time to time to watch the battle. Even some of Barney's friends will come out and watch.

It now cuts back one final time to gameplay footage of Barney and Big Bird idling on The Treehouse stage.

Now, let's see Barney's imagination and love to the test as we see him in action, in a real match!

It then cuts to the Barney vs Big Bird pre-battle screen. Barney does his entrance and all. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing The Treehouse stage and footage of Barney in action. Barney wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Barney doing his victory animation and Big Bird clapping.

That is Barney in action! We hope you enjoyed this video and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

Alright, this means we have still 9 Meet the Fighters to write as of right now. Please leave any feedback about the script if you have any! Hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close Job 74 as Pop has written a wonderful Chapter 1.

Now, PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn will introduce our next character job prompt that was submitted by me whenever he is ready. This will be a fun one for sure and I hope to see a lot of submissions!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, since I'm here to do the honors, here's the next character job:

Job #75: Nominate a character from a PBS Kids show/IP that initially started off on another network or another country! This one is a potentially fun one for sure, as about half of our childhood shows had originated in countries outside the US or have been on multiple TV channels! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

My submission: Super Why
pngfind.com-super-why-png-1369432.png

What a lot of people didn't know is that Super Why! had its origins as a stop-motion pilot episode pitched to Nick Jr. in 1999 by Blue's Clues creator, Angela Santomero. The pilot was greenlit by Nick Jr., but was eventually rejected in favor of Oswald, another animated show on Nick Jr. So with all that, Super Why! could have been a Nick Jr. show!

His show revolves around him and the "Super Readers", the superhero team which he is a part of, traveling to the various stories in Storybook Village to follow their plots to solve their problems in each episode of Super Why!.

With reading powers on his side and being agile overall, his playstyle would certainly be an interesting one.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
74C9BCCD-CC4A-430D-A4FF-9D8F5CF96C0F.jpeg
Loonette the Clown from the Big Comfy Couch. Her show originally aired in Canada. She can fight using Molly, doing different clown moves, or summoning the Dust Bunnies or the Foley Family.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 75

The Teletubbies

maxresdefault.jpg

I do know there have submissions of 1 or 2 of these fellas. Why not have all 4? The Teletubbies initially came from the UK and started in 1997 on BBC (the CBBC block). Then, it came to the United States in 1998 and aired on PBS Kids for 10 years. The characters can have a load out gimmick similar to the Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2 where you choose who to play as or you can swap freely between the 4. Each of them can be heavyweights with a moveset based around the things they love.

We already have a good amount of Teletubbies content so why not add them? They are hella iconic and can be really fun additions. Overall, the best choice for this job in my opinion.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Would the Teletubbies have unique moves based on their signature items (Tinky’s bag, Dipsy’s hat, Laa-Laa’s ball, and Po’s scooter?)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
here's my next Meet the Fighters video script:

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Arthur!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with the 12 characters so far revealed on it.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Arthur and Dash idling on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we will be talking about the wise-cracking and highly-active aardvark, Arthur!

Cuts to footage of Arthur gameplay while narrator explains Arthur's play style.

Arthur, being one of the 4 starters, is mostly an all-around type of character, except that he excels a little bit in his jump height and speed. All of his attacks have fair range, and they have a decent amount of power to them. Due to him having a tendency to be pretty savage at times and not liking to be provoked sometimes, he has the ability to enter a special "rage" stance when he gets hit by a certain number of attacks, which increases the damage and knockback of all his attacks until he is KO'd. The less stocks he has or if he's falling behind, it takes less hits on him to enter this stance, and vice versa.

Cuts to various footage of Arthur.

I bet that a lot of you watching this right now probably already know who Arthur is, as he's the star of one of the longest-running shows on PBS Kids! His TV show, Arthur, has taught kids for over 2 decades about valuable life lessons and other moral stuff about some of the harsh realities of life, while also being very fun for his kind of show.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Arthur and Dash idling on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage.

Now, let's go over Arthur's moveset! First, we'll go over his Light Moves.

Arthur's Light Neutral is "Arthur's Big Hit".

Arthur performs the move.

Arthur throws out a punch at his opponents with his right arm which can be charged for more power, can spike at downward angles. He told you not to touch it, after all.

Arthur's Light Up is "Spectacled Spin".

Arthur whirls his glasses above him in circles.

Arthur's Light Down is "Read n' Slam".

Arthur slams a big book on both sides of him.

We have covered all of his light moves. Now, onward to Arthur's special attacks.

Arthur's Neutral Special is "Friendly Assistance"

Arthur summons a random classmate of his (Buster, Francine, Muffy, etc.) who carry school stuff and run forward a few steps, but then trip, flinging the school stuff forward like projectiles.

Arthur's Up Special is "Swing Fling"

Arthur rides a swing, and when the special attack button is pressed again, he will jump off of it, which covers great vertical distance. The move can be charged for more jump height.

Arthur's Down Special is "Computer Adventure".

Arthur pulls out a computer and plays Deep, Dark Sea on it. While he does so, he can control a diver like a remote-controlled toy, and when the diver makes contact with someone, the diver will unleash an attack on the opponent.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Arthur and Dash idling on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage.

That is Arthur's moveset. Now, let's take a look at his taunt.

Arthur does his taunt.

You gotta listen to your heart, listen to the beat, listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of the street. Now, let's go over his alts!

We see all of Arthur's alt costumes, one of them being his pilgrim outfit

Here is a quick look at Arthur's stage, which is the restaurant where non-picky eaters can enter, Once Upon A Restaurant! This stage takes place on a table reserved just for our fighters!, who just happen to be tiny in this stage. While tiny, you fight on top of a table and its chairs, the layout is designed to encourage the wall and ceiling wavedashing function. You can see the Picky Eater swan and the Fantasy Castle in the background. Oh! and you can even see the restaurant's iconic menu items on the table from time to time! Can you guess which delicious dishes they are?

It then cuts back one final time to gameplay footage of Arthur and Dash idling on the Once Upon a Restaurant stage.

Now, let's watch Arthur get along with others and teach them to not touch his things, in a real match!

It then cuts to the Arthur Vs. Dash pre-battle screen. Arthur does his entrance and all. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing the Once Upon a Restaurant stage and footage of Arthur in action. Arthur wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Arthur doing his victory animation and Dash clapping.

That is Arthur in action! We hope you enjoyed this video and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Well, since I'm here to do the honors, here's the next character job:

Job #75: Nominate a character from a PBS Kids show/IP that initially started off on another network or another country! This one is a potentially fun one for sure, as about half of our childhood shows had originated in countries outside the US or have been on multiple TV channels! Just like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring.

My submission: Super Why
View attachment 354342

What a lot of people didn't know is that Super Why! had its origins as a stop-motion pilot episode pitched to Nick Jr. in 1999 by Blue's Clues creator, Angela Santomero. The pilot was greenlit by Nick Jr., but was eventually rejected in favor of Oswald, another animated show on Nick Jr. So with all that, Super Why! could have been a Nick Jr. show!

His show revolves around him and the "Super Readers", the superhero team which he is a part of, traveling to the various stories in Storybook Village to follow their plots to solve their problems in each episode of Super Why!.

With reading powers on his side and being agile overall, his playstyle would certainly be an interesting one.
View attachment 354344Loonette the Clown from the Big Comfy Couch. Her show originally aired in Canada. She can fight using Molly, doing different clown moves, or summoning the Dust Bunnies or the Foley Family.
Tinky Winky (UK)

Probably the biggest character not yet added, it's about time Tinky Winky can show off his ballet skills in a brawl!
Job 75

The Teletubbies

View attachment 354343

I do know there have submissions of 1 or 2 of these fellas. Why not have all 4? The Teletubbies initially came from the UK and started in 1997 on BBC (the CBBC block). Then, it came to the United States in 1998 and aired on PBS Kids for 10 years. The characters can have a load out gimmick similar to the Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2 where you choose who to play as or you can swap freely between the 4. Each of them can be heavyweights with a moveset based around the things they love.

We already have a good amount of Teletubbies content so why not add them? They are hella iconic and can be really fun additions. Overall, the best choice for this job in my opinion.
Ok, I am going to close the character submission job. Be sure to vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

Super Why PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Loonette (The Big Comfy Couch) Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy
Tinky Winky (Teletubbies) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Teletubbies AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

1. Super Why (We still do not have a character from PBS Kids’s Preschool Block that ran from 2006-2013 yet on the roster and Super Why is super iconic. My brother used to watch it a lot and all and I feel he could have a fun moveset.)
2. Teletubbies (Self-vote but if we’re gonna have the Teletubbies, we should have all 4 in the game and not just one. Plus, we have content for them and they are super iconic.)

Shoutout to Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy for the Loonette submission. I want some sort of content for The Big Comfy Couch in this game but I feel it’s best for any American Public Television show to get content as DLC possibly or so. All really good submissions honestly.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I will close voting.

Super Why: 2
Loonette: 2
Tinky Winky: 0
Teletubbies: 5

By the looks of it, it seems that the 4 friends from Teletubby Land, The Teletubbies are th 14th fighter so congrats to me! Also, congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for submitting Tinky Winky but Tinky Winky will not be alone.

Now, fro the next job:

Job 76:

Design/create a stage for The Teletubbies. Describe the layout, any hazards and/or any gimmicks.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

My stage idea:

Magical Events

Instead of doing a whole stage based off of Teletubby Land, why not just do a stage based off of a segment from The Teletubbies?

The stage is a grassy layout with a flat ground. It's a walkout stage. In the background, you see the windmill from The Teletubbies. Whenever, the windmill lets out that magic spark, it signals a change to the stage as is a hazard coming/stage changing layout.

First, The Animal Parade comes by the various animals will pose damage to anyone in the way of the animals.

hqdefault.jpg

Then, the next Magical Event will be The Singing Man in The Pink House (this was a really creepy Magical Event)

180px-Ee971b1bffb333204a534a994292746b[1].png

The house will form and players can go on the rooftop of the house. Occasionally, the Singing Man puppet will peek out of the window and sing a little something.

Next, there is The Magic Tree.

mqdefault.jpg

A tree will grow in the middle and then will drop items (mostly healing items). Then, after a while, the tree will die out and disappear.

Finally, there are The Three Ships.

maxresdefault.jpg

The ground will change to water and the ships will appear as the platforms. Anyone who falls into the water will be KOd.

Then, it resets and the cycle repeats.

I did not include 3 of the Magical Events as:

-The dancing bear one would have been tricky to implement.
-The Lion and Bear was controversial back then and would have same effect as Animal Parade.
-Little Bo Peep was unknown to the US.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. At this point, I feel my stage will be the stage for the Teletubbies so congrats to me again! Now, onward to the next job:

Job 77:

Design/create a moveset for The Teletubbies.

I feel The Teletubbies should have something that incorporates all four of them whether it's swapping out or they all help one another. That is up to you.

So, get submitting and use your imagination!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Teletubbies say Eh Oh!

The Teletubbies are a stance fighter - they all have the same moves but a different gimmick and playstyle, however certain elements of their differences can transfer from one tubby to the next!

Neutral: the Teletubby of choice pays tribute to a certain other gang of big-hugging multicoloured creatures by beaming a blue light from their telly.

Up: Sparkles charge inside their antenna, the spread their arms out to release it

Down: The Teletubby of choice splashes a bowl of Tubby Custard on the floor/in the air.

Special: Pet Rabbit
The Teletubby of choice places down a rabbit - that rabbit had branding resembling the Tubby's antenna on their side with their respective colour, here's a rough mock up of Tinky Winky's rabbit for example

The rabbits all have different behaviour
  • Tinky Winky's rabbit is the smallest - he chases foes down and clings to them - he doesn't deal knockback, but rather continual damage
  • Dipsy's rabbit is a real big chungus, he's passive but his size makes him like a shield. He can even reflect projectiles!
  • Laa Laa's rabbit likes to hop, he's bigger than Po's rabbit but smaller than Dipsy's, he creates small projectile shockwaves when he lands, which are very powerful
  • Po's medium-sized rabbit stands in place, and headbutts anyone who gets near
When you switch out a Tubby, the rabbit will remain. You can spawn two unique rabbits at a time.

Up Special: 1, 2, 3, 4!
The Teletubby of choice jumps super high like in the intro of all episodes, the height is locked between stances, but the effects are different
  1. Tinky Winky doesn't enter free-fall, this version has no offensive application
  2. Dipsy has an outwards vortex drawing foes away, good if he needs to dance (read down special for that info)
  3. Laa Laa does a single powerful hit a la Dr. Mario
  4. Po does a multihit twirl a la Wario

Down Special: Big Hug
the other 3 Teletubbies jump in for a big hug, this is a stance change + command grab hybrid! You can flick the stick to choose a 'Tubby to switch to.

1. TINKY WINKY - Light but fast. His tutu gives him 2 extra jumps
  2. DIPSY - Defensive demon. His idle animation is a dance that, if played to completion, makes him even heavier (represented by gaining his cow print hat) - that buff transfers over in the stance change!
  3. LAA LAA - The powerhouse. she grips her ball in the air and, should she make a safe fall, slam it into foes.
  4. PO - The all-rounder. When she starts running she uses her scooter to build momentum, which makes her immune to attacks for half a second until she gets off. She's also invulnerable when airdashing, but not wavedashing

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Teletubbies moveset is too good, I'll just go with that. Besides, it's mostly my movesets that usually get in, so I'll give another user their chance.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Victory animation: the Tubby in use at the time of match end is surrounded by the other tubbies for a big hug

Taunt: The tubby of choice looks at the screen and giggles "again again!"

Entrance: A speaker comes out of the ground and says "Time for Teletubbies!" - a menu appears above them to choose what tubby to start with - once the match starts the tubby pops out from a hole in the ground.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I feel Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario did a wonderful job making a Moveset for The Teletubbies. I just threw in their losing animation being them just being good sports and clapping for the opponent who beat them. Alright, on to the next jobs:

Now, onto the next two jobs:

Job 78:

Submit ideas for Events 13-15. These will be the events for Xavier Riddle, Elmo and The Teletubbies.

Side job:

Submit a reveal trailer idea for The Teletubbies.

As usual, get submitting and use your imagination!

Events 13-15

Event #13: A Museum Tour for Mr. Rogers

Event description: Xavier Riddle recently had a new guest being none other than Mr. Rogers himself! Xavier wants to show him around the museum but other visitors aren't going to let them happen!
Stage: The Secret Museum

Player: Xavier Riddle
Assists: Yadina Riddle
Allies: Mr. Rogers (He will not attack, he will just walk around the stage.)
Opponents: Xavier Riddle with a shadowy aura (x2)

Event objective: Your objective is to protect Mr. Rogers until the stage reaches the Mr. Rogers exhibit. If you or Mr. Rogers gets KOd, you fail the event. KOing an opponent will make them respawn.
Reference: The Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum episode I Am Fred Rogers where Xavier met Mr. Rogers.

Event #14: Elmo's Animal Adventure
Event description:
Elmo wants to learn about wild animals. Therefore, he invited some new friends to help him learn more about them. Help Elmo learn more about these animals!
Stage: Tickle Me Land
Player: Elmo
Allies: Chris and Martin
Opponents: Big Bird, Arthur, Dash (in orange alt based off of goldfish PBS ID), Digit and Lionel
Event objective: As Elmo, you must KO the opponent Elmo is thinking about in a bubble that is shown at the top of the screen. In order to do this, you must KO the opponent Elmo is thinking about. If you KO the wrong opponent or you get KOd, you fail the event.
Reference: The Elmo's World episode Wild Animals. The Kratts being allies reference how Elmo would usually have a guest come to help him learn more about the topic in an Elmo's World episode.

Event #15: Time for Tubby Toast!
Event Description:
Eh oh! It's time for The Teletubbies to eat Tubby Toast! But, some unexpected guests arrive who won't let them eat it!
Stage: Magical Events
Player: The Teletubbies
Assists: Noo-Noo
Opponents: Big Bird, Elmo and Barney
Event objective: As The Teletubbies, you must get the Tubby Toast that spawns on the stage with the Teletubby that is shown on the top of the screen. In total, each Teletubby will eat 3 pieces of Tubby Toast each. However, if you get KOd, you fail the event.
Reference: No episode of The Teletubbies in particular, just how they love to eat Tubby Toast. Also, the choice of opponents are from other PBS Kids shows aimed towards the youngest of toddlers and how they love to eat bread based food.

Teletubbies Trailer Idea:

A New Species Discovery:

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo) by the logo and then Announcer Bunny will say "Time for a new friend to join the fight!"

The trailer starts with Chris and Martin Kratt coming back to Animal Junction after a long day of researching about animals.

Zoboomafoo greets them warmly and says,

Zoboomafoo: "Hey, you two! I discovered some sort of new animal I want you to meet! Would you like to guess where this animal is from?"

Chris: "Africa?"

Martin: "Antartica?"

Zoboomafoo: "Nope and nope. These are some new friends I met from a far away land. They will be coming out of the ground instead of coming through the door."

Chris and Martin: "Show us Zaboo!"

Zoboomafoo: "Alright then, come on out fellas!"

Suddenly, we see a hole form in the ground and out comes...

A big green figure with an antenna on its head.

Dipsy: "1!"

Zoboomafoo: "That's Dipsy!”

Then, a big yellow figure with a lightning bolt-ish antenna on her head pops out.

La-La: “2!”

Zoboomafoo: “That’s La-La!”

Similarly, a big red figure with a circle on its head pops out.

Po: “3!”

Zoboomafoo: “And, that’s Po! There’s one more to come!”

The three Teletubbies wait for their best friend until…

Tinky Winky: “Fourrrrrr!”

Tinky Winky pops out.

Zoboomafoo: “And here’s Tinky Winky! Together, the four of them are known as…

It then cuts to the Introducing screen with the 4 Teletubbies posing by the screen where it then says

Introducing The Teletubbies! (The Teletubbies stand by the words in the PBS font as Announcer Bunny says “The Teletubbies!”)

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see The Teletubbies and Chris and Martin on the Animal Junction stage. Then, we hear a remixed version of The Teletubbies theme similar to what was heard in the rare Zoboomafoo Announces Teletubbies is Next Bumper albeit a more modern remix.

Chris and Martin: "Teletubbies!"

Zoboomafoo: "Yep, and they came here to play! They brought all sorts of things to the fight!"

Zoboomafoo says this while Chris and Martin are fighting the Teletubbies.

The Teletubbies then perform their Neutral Special "Pet Rabbit"

Chris: "Wow! A rabbit!"

Zoboomafoo: "Each Teletubby has their own rabbit and each rabbit has a different behavior."

Then, they perform the Up Special "1, 2, 3, 4!"

Martin: "They sure love to jump!"

Zoboomafoo: "Yep, each of the Teletubbies jump in different ways!"

Finally, they perform their Down Special "Big Hug!"

Chris: "Woah, easy there guys!"

Zoboomafoo: "They sure love to hug and each one of them will hug. Then, they will each get their favorite thing which makes them stronger!"

It then showcases Tinky Winky with his tutu, Dipsy with his cow print hat, Po with her scooter and La-La with her ball.

Then, we transition to footage of the Teletubbies stage Magical Events where we see the Teletubbies with Noo-Noo as their assist alongside fighting the Kratts with Aviva Corcovado as their assist, Lionel with Chicken Jane as his assist and Arthur with the Brain as his assist.

Zoboomafoo: "The Teletubbies come from this land called Teletubby Land. All sorts of cool, magical events happen here!"

The Animal Parade section happens

Chris: "Woah, lots of animals! Perfect for us to study!"

It then goes through the other sections of the stage.

It zooms into Noo-Noo.

Zoboomafoo: "Noo-Noo is the name of their vacuum who cleans up after them."

The music changes to the Teletubbies credits music. We then see more fun scenes of the Teletubbies and their new friends including:

• Po doing her taunt with Elmo on the Tickle Me Land stage.
  • Tinky Winky watching Lionel run after Arthur on the Magical Events stage referencing The Lion and The Bear Magical Event
  • La-La picking up Tubby Toast in front of Barney on The Treehouse stage.
  • Dipsy using the Tubby Custard Machine item against Digit, Hacker and Big Bird on Magical Events.
Finally, it cuts to The Teletubbies doing their victory animation and then it cuts back to the footage where Chris and Martin hug the Teletubbies but not in a fighting manner.

Zoboomafoo: "Welcome Teletubbies! You four are going to have a lot of fun!"

Chris and Martin: "Hooray for The Teletubbies!"

It then cuts to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with the 13 revealed fighters around it and then The Teletubbies get added to the collage of characters as the music ends.

Screen cuts to black with copyright and all.

This trailer reveals:

• The Teletubbies as fighters
  • Their stage, Magical Events
  • The Teletubbies items and Noo-Noo as an assist.
Also, the idea for this trailer was based on the rare Zoboomafoo announces Teletubbies is next on PBS bumper. I thought it would be fun to see the Kratts become friends with The Teletubbies and learn about them a little. That's why this trailer was dialogue heavy. I hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I feel that AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions are good for me, but here are my event submissions:

Event #13: I am Julia Child
Event description:
Julia Child is looking for strawberries to make her perfect jam!, perhaps you can gather enough for the recipe? Just beware of the shadow clones! They'll do anything to prevent you from making that delicious dish!
Assist: Yadina Riddle
Opponent(s): Xavier Riddle with a shadowy aura (x2)
Event objective: As Xavier Riddle, your goal is to collect enough strawberries, which appear as a special item specific to this event, to make Julia Child's strawberry jam. The strawberries all appear in various locations on-stage, and whenever the stage transitions to the Julia Child formation, you can place the strawberries you collected in a special basket to add them to your total. From time to time, the shadow Xavier Riddles will try to impede your progress, but KO'ing them will prevent them from respawning for a certain amount of time. The higher the difficulty, the more strawberries to collect and the tougher the opponents are.
Reference: The Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum episode, I am Julia Child

Event #14: The Glorious Octagon of Destiny
Event description:
Elmo has to bring an octagon for Jack Black, who was teaching kids about an octagon and was about to show the kids one when he just happened to forget to bring an octagon, this is embarrassing! Luckily, Elmo has a special stop sign that seems perfect for the cause, and to protect him from ALL attacks!
Opponent(s): Random for every playthrough
Event objective: As Elmo, your goal is not to KO opponents, but to survive for a certain amount of time until you reach Jack Black. In this event, Elmo is always holding on to a stop sign which he cannot release from his hands, but it will shield him from ALL attacks in front of him. The stop sign has unlimited duribility and will protect Elmo from all damage with the trade-off being only able to protect Elmo in front of him. One time runs up, Jack Black will appear and exclaim that with the stop sign, they found on octagon!, to which then Jack and Elmo will both say "Octagon...." before the announcer says "Complete!"
Reference: Sesame Street Episode 4161, where the iconic Jack Black and Elmo's Octagon segment that spawned a ton of memes appears. The title of the event references the fan-made song of the same name

Event #15: Josie's Pots
Event description:
Oh no! The Teletubbies have somehow lost their favorite things after watching Josie decorate a pot! Can you help them find their prized possessions before the sun baby goes down?
Assist: Noo Noo
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Arthur, Digit
Event objective: As the Teletubbies, your goal is to find each of the Teletubbies' favorite belongings before time runs out, which includes Tinky Winky's tutu, Dipsy's hat, Laa Laa's ball, and Po's scooter. In this event specifically, the Teletubbies cannot use certain abilities until they have retrieved their favorite things, and the favorite things can ONLY be picked up by the Teletubby who owns it, such as the tutu only being able to be picked up by Tinky Winky. The opponents are just there to interfere, and you fail the event if you are KO'd. You win the event when you have collected all the Teletubbies' favorite belongings. Higher difficulty means less time and more tougher opponents.
Reference: The Teletubbies episode, Josie's Pots

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I feel Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario did a wonderful job making a Moveset for The Teletubbies. I just threw in their losing animation being them just being good sports and clapping for the opponent who beat them. Alright, on to the next jobs:

Now, onto the next two jobs:

Job 78:

Submit ideas for Events 13-15. These will be the events for Xavier Riddle, Elmo and The Teletubbies.

Side job:

Submit a reveal trailer idea for The Teletubbies.

As usual, get submitting and use your imagination!

Events 13-15

Event #13: A Museum Tour for Mr. Rogers

Event description: Xavier Riddle recently had a new guest being none other than Mr. Rogers himself! Xavier wants to show him around the museum but other visitors aren't going to let them happen!

Assists: Yadina Riddle
Allies: Mr. Rogers (He will not attack, he will just walk around the stage.)
Opponents: Xavier Riddle with a shadowy aura (x2)

Event objective: Your objective is to protect Mr. Rogers until the stage reaches the Mr. Rogers exhibit. If you or Mr. Rogers gets KOd, you fail the event. KOing an opponent will make them respawn.
Reference: The Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum episode I Am Fred Rogers where Xavier met Mr. Rogers.

Event #14: Elmo's Animal Adventure
Event description:
Elmo wants to learn about wild animals. Therefore, he invited some new friends to help him learn more about them. Help Elmo learn more about these animals!
Allies: Chris and Martin
Opponents: Big Bird, Arthur, Dash (in orange alt based off of goldfish PBS ID), Digit and Lionel
Event objective: As Elmo, you must KO the opponent Elmo is thinking about in a bubble that is shown at the top of the screen. In order to do this, you must KO the opponent Elmo is thinking about. If you KO the wrong opponent or you get KOd, you fail the event.
Reference: The Elmo's World episode Wild Animals. The Kratts being allies reference how Elmo would usually have a guest come to help him learn more about the topic in an Elmo's World episode.

Event #15: Time for Tubby Toast!
Event Description:
Eh oh! It's time for The Teletubbies to eat Tubby Toast! But, some unexpected guests arrive who won't let them eat it!
Assists: Noo-Noo
Opponents: Big Bird, Elmo and Barney
Event objective: As The Teletubbies, you must get the Tubby Toast that spawns on the stage with the Teletubby that is shown on the top of the screen. In total, each Teletubby will eat 3 pieces of Tubby Toast each. However, if you get KOd, you fail the event.
Reference: No episode of The Teletubbies in particular, just how they love to eat Tubby Toast. Also, the choice of opponents are from other PBS Kids shows aimed towards the youngest of toddlers and how they love to eat bread based food.

Teletubbies Trailer Idea:

A New Species Discovery:

The trailer starts with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with the revealed characters (being the first 12 as well as Elmo) by the logo and then Announcer Bunny will say "Time for a new friend to join the fight!"

The trailer starts with Chris and Martin Kratt coming back to Animal Junction after a long day of researching about animals.

Zoboomafoo greets them warmly and says,

Zoboomafoo: "Hey, you two! I discovered some sort of new animal I want you to meet! Would you like to guess where this animal is from?"

Chris: "Africa?"

Martin: "Antartica?"

Zoboomafoo: "Nope and nope. These are some new friends I met from a far away land. They will be coming out of the ground instead of coming through the door."

Chris and Martin: "Show us Zaboo!"

Zoboomafoo: "Alright then, come on out fellas!"

Suddenly, we see a hole form in the ground and out comes...

A big green figure with an antenna on its head.

Dipsy: "1!"

Zoboomafoo: "That's Dipsy!”

Then, a big yellow figure with a lightning bolt-ish antenna on her head pops out.

La-La: “2!”

Zoboomafoo: “That’s La-La!”

Similarly, a big red figure with a circle on its head pops out.

Po: “3!”

Zoboomafoo: “And, that’s Po! There’s one more to come!”

The three Teletubbies wait for their best friend until…

Tinky Winky: “Fourrrrrr!”

Tinky Winky pops out.

Zoboomafoo: “And here’s Tinky Winky! Together, the four of them are known as…

It then cuts to the Introducing screen with the 4 Teletubbies posing by the screen where it then says

Introducing The Teletubbies! (The Teletubbies stand by the words in the PBS font as Announcer Bunny says “The Teletubbies!”)

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see The Teletubbies and Chris and Martin on the Animal Junction stage. Then, we hear a remixed version of The Teletubbies theme similar to what was heard in the rare Zoboomafoo Announces Teletubbies is Next Bumper albeit a more modern remix.

Chris and Martin: "Teletubbies!"

Zoboomafoo: "Yep, and they came here to play! They brought all sorts of things to the fight!"

Zoboomafoo says this while Chris and Martin are fighting the Teletubbies.

The Teletubbies then perform their Neutral Special "Pet Rabbit"

Chris: "Wow! A rabbit!"

Zoboomafoo: "Each Teletubby has their own rabbit and each rabbit has a different behavior."

Then, they perform the Up Special "1, 2, 3, 4!"

Martin: "They sure love to jump!"

Zoboomafoo: "Yep, each of the Teletubbies jump in different ways!"

Finally, they perform their Down Special "Big Hug!"

Chris: "Woah, easy there guys!"

Zoboomafoo: "They sure love to hug and each one of them will hug. Then, they will each get their favorite thing which makes them stronger!"

It then showcases Tinky Winky with his tutu, Dipsy with his cow print hat, Po with her scooter and La-La with her ball.

Then, we transition to footage of the Teletubbies stage Magical Events where we see the Teletubbies with Noo-Noo as their assist alongside fighting the Kratts with Aviva Corcovado as their assist, Lionel with Chicken Jane as his assist and Arthur with the Brain as his assist.

Zoboomafoo: "The Teletubbies come from this land called Teletubby Land. All sorts of cool, magical events happen here!"

The Animal Parade section happens

Chris: "Woah, lots of animals! Perfect for us to study!"

It then goes through the other sections of the stage.

It zooms into Noo-Noo.

Zoboomafoo: "Noo-Noo is the name of their vacuum who cleans up after them."

The music changes to the Teletubbies credits music. We then see more fun scenes of the Teletubbies and their new friends including:

• Po doing her taunt with Elmo on the Tickle Me Land stage.
  • Tinky Winky watching Lionel run after Arthur on the Magical Events stage referencing The Lion and The Bear Magical Event
  • La-La picking up Tubby Toast in front of Barney on The Treehouse stage.
  • Dipsy using the Tubby Custard Machine item against Digit, Hacker and Big Bird on Magical Events.
Finally, it cuts to The Teletubbies doing their victory animation and then it cuts back to the footage where Chris and Martin hug the Teletubbies but not in a fighting manner.

Zoboomafoo: "Welcome Teletubbies! You four are going to have a lot of fun!"

Chris and Martin: "Hooray for The Teletubbies!"

It then cuts to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with the 13 revealed fighters around it and then The Teletubbies get added to the collage of characters as the music ends.

Screen cuts to black with copyright and all.

This trailer reveals:

• The Teletubbies as fighters
  • Their stage, Magical Events
  • The Teletubbies items and Noo-Noo as an assisy
Also, the idea for this trailer was based on the rare Zoboomafoo announces Teletubbies is next on PBS bumper. I thought it would be fun to see the Kratts become friends with The Teletubbies and learn about them a little. That's why this trailer was dialogue heavy. I hope you all enjoy it!
I feel that AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions are good for me, but here are my event submissions:

Event #13: I am Julia Child
Event description:
Julia Child is looking for strawberries to make her perfect jam!, perhaps you can gather enough for the recipe? Just beware of the shadow clones! They'll do anything to prevent you from making that delicious dish!
Assist: Yadina Riddle
Opponent(s): Xavier Riddle with a shadowy aura (x2)
Event objective: As Xavier Riddle, your goal is to collect enough strawberries, which appear as a special item specific to this event, to make Julia Child's strawberry jam. The strawberries all appear in various locations on-stage, and whenever the stage transitions to the Julia Child formation, you can place the strawberries you collected in a special basket to add them to your total. From time to time, the shadow Xavier Riddles will try to impede your progress, but KO'ing them will prevent them from respawning for a certain amount of time. The higher the difficulty, the more strawberries to collect and the tougher the opponents are.
Reference: The Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum episode, I am Julia Child

Event #14: The Glorious Octagon of Destiny
Event description:
Elmo has to bring an octagon for Jack Black, who was teaching kids about an octagon and was about to show the kids one when he just happened to forget to bring an octagon, this is embarrassing! Luckily, Elmo has a special stop sign that seems perfect for the cause, and to protect him from ALL attacks!
Opponent(s): Random for every playthrough
Event objective: As Elmo, your goal is not to KO opponents, but to survive for a certain amount of time until you reach Jack Black. In this event, Elmo is always holding on to a stop sign which he cannot release from his hands, but it will shield him from ALL attacks in front of him. The stop sign has unlimited duribility and will protect Elmo from all damage with the trade-off being only able to protect Elmo in front of him. One time runs up, Jack Black will appear and exclaim that with the stop sign, they found on octagon!, to which then Jack and Elmo will both say "Octagon...." before the announcer says "Complete!"
Reference: Sesame Street Episode 4161, where the iconic Jack Black and Elmo's Octagon segment that spawned a ton of memes appears. The title of the event references the fan-made song of the same name

Event #15: Josie's Pots
Event description:
Oh no! The Teletubbies have somehow lost their favorite things after watching Josie decorate a pot! Can you help them find their prized possessions before the sun baby goes down?
Assist: Noo Noo
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Arthur, Digit
Event objective: As the Teletubbies, your goal is to find each of the Teletubbies' favorite belongings before time runs out, which includes Tinky Winky's tutu, Dipsy's hat, Laa Laa's ball, and Po's scooter. In this event specifically, the Teletubbies cannot use certain abilities until they have retrieved their favorite things, and the favorite things can ONLY be picked up by the Teletubby who owns it, such as the tutu only being able to be picked up by Tinky Winky. The opponents are just there to interfere, and you fail the event if you are KO'd. You win the event when you have collected all the Teletubbies' favorite belongings. Higher difficulty means less time and more tougher opponents.
Reference: The Teletubbies episode, Josie's Pots
Alright. I will close the events job for now. We will use my trailer idea for the Teletubbies reveal trailer. Here are the polls to vote on the events. Read the descriptions for each one carefully.

Xavier Riddle Event
Elmo Event
The Teletubbies Event

And, for fun, a fun poll about The Teletubbies reveal trailer:
Teletubbies Reveal Trailer Poll

Now, for the next job:

Job 79:

Write/design Chapter 2 for our story mode.

Put those writing skills to the test and remember, as always; use your imagination!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Chapter Two: The Anomaly unleashed

We see Lionel strolling around a lake area gathering water in water bottle to get a nice drink of water as a means to survive this harsh world after escaping the Anomaly from capturing him when it took over the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library and enslaved all its customers and employees, including Lionel's family. Lionel is still feeling some regret for not helping his family escape the clutches of the Anomaly (since he was just told to "make a run for it" by his father, Theo, for the sake of making sure that one of the Lion family member's life can be saved, and the Anomaly was just to fast and powerful.) and for all the times in the past where all he did was just fight with those who he thought were standing in his way. Just as he was about to finish sipping his water, the ground begins to shake and one of the Anomaly's boss minions rises out of the water and grasps onto Lionel just as he was about to run away.

Lionel: Whatever you are, relative of the purple goo monster, please don't eat meeee!

Just then, as the boss was about to cause more harm to Lionel, a sudden zip of energy flew by the boss' hand, causing it to let go of Lionel. The zip of energy just happened to be Ms. Frizzle!, who thought it would make her do something for a good change by saving one of the lost residents of the empty world. We then see the boss and Lionel and Ms. Frizzle get into battle stances before the player has to pick between who to play as first, being Lionel or Ms. Frizzle. Both have to defeat the boss to proceed.

Lionel: Wow! Phew! You saved me! Oh! you must be that teacher from that book I read about a school bus that could transform into all SORTS of things! Is that really you?!

Ms. Frizzle: Why, yes, it is I, Ms. Frizzle! at your service! Nice to meet you, little lion!

Lionel: I'm Lionel, by the way!

Ms. Frizzle: Hmm, well greetings, Lionel! Say, are you lost?

Lionel: Lost? More than lost! Before I came to this world, some big purple glowing goo monster took over the library, they took the people, the books, my family, and now I'm roaming around this big empty world with no books in sight!

Ms. Frizzle: Ahhhh, that is relatable, Lionel, you know, before I got here, my students and my very bus were on the run for that purple goo monster you were talking about, but it was to fast for us and it got the bus and had my students obey it, it was truly terrible! And now, I think it's found us, after all those years!

Lionel: I suspected so, come on, let's go find somewhere where it can be more safe!

Ms. Frizzle: Or, find some clues on how to maybe stop this purple monstrosity once and for all!

Lionel and Ms. Frizzle then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions

Just as they were about to exit the lake area, they see a forest up ahead with more signs of the Anomaly's presence in the world they are in, they then prepare to enter the forest.

The End of Chapter 2

So since I chose Lionel and Ms. Frizzle to appear in chapter 2, maybe that will inspire everyone to come up with THEIR proposals for chapter 2 of the story mode. I'm saying this as I don't want to feel like the only one who submits story mode chapters, so please contribute to this job if you can!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, for events it seems my ideas for Events 13 and 15 won. The idea PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn proposed for Event 14 won for that. So, congrats to us both!

Now, I will attempt to write a script for Chapter 2. I will leave this job open until tomorrow most likely.

Chapter 2:

Anomaly Enters The Wild

The chapter starts with Barney the Dinosaur just skipping and hopping around a deserted land, trying to make himself positive after he lost all of his friends as well as Baby Bop, BJ and Riff to the Anomaly. However, he knew he had to rescue all of his friends. Suddenly, an Anomaly boss minion in the form of a dinosaur comes out as Barney was about to run away from the purple aura.

Barney: Well Mr. Dinosaur, whatever you want to do, don't eat me! Let's just hug!

Just as the dinosaur boss minion was about to attack Barney, we see a man in a green high-tech suit zooming right in, attacking the minion with a lion strike. It is revealed to be not just Chris who came to protect Barney but Martin too. Then, the boss gets ready to battle but Barney and the Kratt Brothers are ready for battle. The player will then choose to either play as Barney or Chris and Martin to defeat the boss.

Barney: Wow, I thought the dinosaur was going to be friendly! Thank you for saving me!

Chris: Woah! A dinosaur that's alive and it's purple!

Martin: What's your name? We have never met a purple dinosaur before and one that's friendly!

Barney: My name is Barney and it's super deeeee duper to meet you both!

Chris: Well, I'm Chris!

Martin: And I'm Martin! Chris's brother!

Barney gives them both a big hug.

Barney: It's so nice to meet new friends!

Chris and Martin hug Barney too.

Chris: Well, it's very nice to meet you Barney! But, we need to figure out how to stop that strange purple creature!

Martin: After all, we are zoologists. Meaning, we learn about animals! Sadly, all the animals we love learning about including our buddy Zoboomafoo are gone.

Barney: Well, all my friends are missing too. But, we will rescue the friends we love!

Barney and Chris and Martin: Yes, we will!

Barney: Now then, let's go on an adventure to find out more about this purple thing.

Martin: Remember Barney and Chris, as I always say, pick what you love to do, persevere at it, don't take "no" for an answer and it'll happen.

Barney and the Kratt brothers then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions

Just as they were about to exit the lake area, they see a forest up ahead with more signs of the Anomaly's presence in the world they are in, they then prepare to enter the forest.

I chose Barney and Chris and Martin for the second chapter because they were the next two characters we added. Also, I thought it would be fun to see the Kratt Brothers meet Barney who is an extinct species of animals.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Chapter Two: The Anomaly unleashed

We see Lionel strolling around a lake area gathering water in water bottle to get a nice drink of water as a means to survive this harsh world after escaping the Anomaly from capturing him when it took over the Barnaby B. Busterfield III Public Library and enslaved all its customers and employees, including Lionel's family. Lionel is still feeling some regret for not helping his family escape the clutches of the Anomaly (since he was just told to "make a run for it" by his father, Theo, for the sake of making sure that one of the Lion family member's life can be saved, and the Anomaly was just to fast and powerful.) and for all the times in the past where all he did was just fight with those who he thought were standing in his way. Just as he was about to finish sipping his water, the ground begins to shake and one of the Anomaly's boss minions rises out of the water and grasps onto Lionel just as he was about to run away.

Lionel: Whatever you are, relative of the purple goo monster, please don't eat meeee!

Just then, as the boss was about to cause more harm to Lionel, a sudden zip of energy flew by the boss' hand, causing it to let go of Lionel. The zip of energy just happened to be Ms. Frizzle!, who thought it would make her do something for a good change by saving one of the lost residents of the empty world. We then see the boss and Lionel and Ms. Frizzle get into battle stances before the player has to pick between who to play as first, being Lionel or Ms. Frizzle. Both have to defeat the boss to proceed.

Lionel: Wow! Phew! You saved me! Oh! you must be that teacher from that book I read about a school bus that could transform into all SORTS of things! Is that really you?!

Ms. Frizzle: Why, yes, it is I, Ms. Frizzle! at your service! Nice to meet you, little lion!

Lionel: I'm Lionel, by the way!

Ms. Frizzle: Hmm, well greetings, Lionel! Say, are you lost?

Lionel: Lost? More than lost! Before I came to this world, some big purple glowing goo monster took over the library, they took the people, the books, my family, and now I'm roaming around this big empty world with no books in sight!

Ms. Frizzle: Ahhhh, that is relatable, Lionel, you know, before I got here, my students and my very bus were on the run for that purple goo monster you were talking about, but it was to fast for us and it got the bus and had my students obey it, it was truly terrible! And now, I think it's found us, after all those years!

Lionel: I suspected so, come on, let's go find somewhere where it can be more safe!

Ms. Frizzle: Or, find some clues on how to maybe stop this purple monstrosity once and for all!

Lionel and Ms. Frizzle then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions

The End of Chapter 2

So since I chose Lionel and Ms. Frizzle to appear in chapter 2, maybe that will inspire everyone to come up with THEIR proposals for chapter 2 of the story mode. I'm saying this as I don't want to feel like the only one who submits story mode chapters, so please contribute to this job if you can!
Alright, for events it seems my ideas for Events 13 and 15 won. The idea PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn proposed for Event 14 won for that. So, congrats to us both!

Now, I will attempt to write a script for Chapter 2. I will leave this job open until tomorrow most likely.

Chapter 2:

Anomaly Enters The Wild

The chapter starts with Barney the Dinosaur just skipping and hopping around a deserted land, trying to make himself positive after he lost all of his friends as well as Baby Bop, BJ and Riff to the Anomaly. However, he knew he had to rescue all of his friends. Suddenly, an Anomaly boss minion in the form of a dinosaur comes out as Barney was about to run away from the purple aura.

Barney: Well Mr. Dinosaur, whatever you want to do, don't eat me! Let's just hug!

Just as the dinosaur boss minion was about to attack Barney, we see a man in a green high-tech suit zooming right in, attacking the minion with a lion strike. It is revealed to be not just Chris who came to protect Barney but Martin too. Then, the boss gets ready to battle but Barney and the Kratt Brothers are ready for battle. The player will then choose to either play as Barney or Chris and Martin to defeat the boss.

Barney: Wow, I thought the dinosaur was going to be friendly! Thank you for saving me!

Chris: Woah! A dinosaur that's alive and it's purple!

Martin: What's your name? We have never met a purple dinosaur before and one that's friendly!

Barney: My name is Barney and it's super deeeee duper to meet you both!

Chris: Well, I'm Chris!

Martin: And I'm Martin! Chris's brother!

Barney gives them both a big hug.

Barney: It's so nice to meet new friends!

Chris and Martin hug Barney too.

Chris: Well, it's very nice to meet you Barney! But, we need to figure out how to stop that strange purple creature!

Martin: After all, we are zoologists. Meaning, we learn about animals! Sadly, all the animals we love learning about including our buddy Zoboomafoo are gone.

Barney: Well, all my friends are missing too. But, we will rescue the friends we love!

Barney and Chris and Martin: Yes, we will!

Barney: Now then, let's go on an adventure to find out more about this purple thing.

Martin: Remember Barney and Chris, as I always say, pick what you love to do, persevere at it, don't take "no" for an answer and it'll happen.

Barney and the Kratt brothers then go through a platforming section where they must traverse through the various parts of the lake area while fighting off the Anomaly's minions and making it to the end, where they then must deal with more of the Anomaly's enslaved minions

I chose Barney and Chris and Martin for the second chapter because they were the next two characters we added. Also, I thought it would be fun to see the Kratt Brothers meet Barney who is an extinct species of animals.
Alright, I think I will close the Chapter 2 job for now. Vote for which idea for Chapter 2 you like better.

Chapter 2 Story Mode Poll

Now, whenever PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn is ready, he will present the next character job which will be a fun one for sure!

Top Bottom