• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
ClueFinders stage:

The Living Volcano

So far, (almost) all stages in PBS Kids: Brawltime! have had more of a calm, colorful and very educational feel to them, but it's time for things to take a walk on the wild side and include a stage that seems pretty.....wild! Hailing from the ClueFinders' 5th Grade adventure, meet the Living Volcano who might have been responsible for the disappearance of many ships near the island it resides on, and just many unusual activity on its island altogether. Layout-wise, it can start on a boat being attacked by falling volcanic rocks, which seriously pack a punch!, being able to KO at pretty low damage percents, like at 75% at the very least, so you don't wanna mess with em'! The stage then transitions to the island itself where more volcano rocks fall from the sky, and then onto the top of the Living Volcano, before going IN the volcano, making this the first stage in-game to have lava as a hazard! What's the best way I can describe this layout visual-wise? Well........take a look at those images below to get references for each stage section sequence, top to bottom!

Then it loops to the top to cycle all over again

Also in terms of the moveset for the ClueFinders, I got none unfortunately, but I must say that I do really dig Cyborg Sun's idea of having each ClueFinder as an alt, with Joni Savage being the default ClueFinder. Also, LapTrap can fallow the ClueFinder at all times too.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I will close the mini guest Party Pack job so the PBS adult block will get it, congrats to me! The ClueFinders stage job, moveset job and Legacy Skin prompt jobs will stay open! Now, on to the other stage jobs!

Job 448:

Submit two stages based on other Learning Company games. The games you base the stages off of MUST be original Learning Company IPs

Job 449:

Submit a stage based on one of the adventure/puzzle games from the 80s The Learning Company made.

Job 450:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids tie-in Learning Company game or games. You can do a combination of games or just a stage based on one game.

As usual, describe each stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks if any. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Learning Company Stages

Word Factory (Reader Rabbit)

1-1.png

You knew I had to submit a stage idea for Reader Rabbit but I did not want to do another homebase themed stage so...why not do one based on an iconic location that appeared in many games? Basically, you start outside the factory with walkoff zones and with the railway nearby with the train delivering word packages. Then, it goes through the many rooms of the factory where you fight on areas with no walkoffs with conveyor belts, words forming and then you get to the packaging room. Be careful of the other Word Factory equipment! You can also play the games in each sections similar to playing a Reader Rabbit game. It's overall educational fun when you are in such a pivotal building for Wordville!

Zoombiniville (Zoombinis)

ezgif-5-ff690f3a3a.jpg

The home of the Zoombinis is here and your fighting on it! Basically, there are areas with walkoffs but you stay on a grounded stage. Each time, you will notice that 16 Zoombinis will appear, they will build a new building. However, if a fighter attacks the Zoombini party...they won't build anything as you need 16 Zoombinis to build new buildings. If you get in the way of their construction, you will get damaged as well! It's a fun stage honoring the Zoombinis' new settlement!

Adventure/Puzzle Learning Company game

Robotroplis (Robot Odyssey)

37d05276-7113-47b8-aec8-656f9e49cdef.png.jpg

Robot Odyssey was dubbed one of the hardest computer games of all time. So...we bring the challenge to PBS Kids: Brawltime! Basically, you go through the game solving puzzles as the stage itself is the game! You will have to collect parts to design the circuits to solve the puzzles. From time to time on this stage, you will visit the Innovation Lab and get some more pieces needed. The fun thing is...each fighter gets a robot and each time you complete a puzzle, you get a huge stat buff since this game is tough after all! Each area has walkoffs though but if you get a puzzle wrong, you will get a tiny circuit shock only giving you a little bit of damage! A super fun stage idea here to teach the players about electrical engineering! One of our PBS Kids: Brawltime! fighters would LOVE this stage after all!

PBS Kids Tie-In Learning Company Stage

Learning Company Memories

This is yet another traveling stage that will hint at a tie-in product that I will reveal later but let's celebrate the catalog of Learning Company PBS Kids games the Learning Company has came out with for various PBS Kids shows...

The stages will go in order of the series's PBS Kids network debut but it would start off at some screen with the cover arts of the games and click on each one as you travel to them. Each game will have you play one game from each of the various PBS Kids tie in games.

First....

The River Game (Arthur's Camping Adventure/Arthur's Wilderness Rescue)

arthur-s-wilderness-rescue_10.jpg

You will fight on the sides of the river and hopefully not fall into the water. However, you will also have to help Arthur, Buster or another Arthur character cross the river by helping them stay balanced. If you are the fighter that helps that character stay balanced, you get a major stat buff! If you push them to your doom, the wild life will come after you like those bad bugs and REALLY give you damage! You can also fall into the river too so be careful!

Then....

Smart Fox Matching Game (Zobomafoo: Creature Quest)

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 12.46.35â¯PM.jpg

Like the game itself, you must match the objects by hitting one of the caches. If you get a match, you get an item. If you do not get a match, you do not get an item. The fighter who got the most matches overall gets a super powerful item! There are walkoffs here as well and Zaboo will tell you whether or not you got a match or not. There are walkoffs here and the caches act as somewhat platforms.

The third game will be...

Tap The Tune (Caillou: Magic Playhouse)

51VE+mTfkwL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

You fight on the xylophone and watch Caillou's babysitter, Julie play the notes. Tap the notes in the right order to get a stat buff! Get a note wrong and get penalized with a minor stat nerf. The xylophone is the stage and you cannot fight on the table. It's a smaller and more chaotic stage.

The fourth game will be....

Balloon Balancing (Jay Jay the Jet Plane: High-Flying Sky Circus)

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.18.30 PM.png

This game involves you fighting on a small platform between two hot air balloons and you need to help Old Oscar balance the balloons by putting sandbags on them! Watch out because if one is totally off balance, you will fall with it! There are no ledges or walkoffs so be prepared to be sky high! If you balance the balloons, you will be rewarded with a super cool strong item to perform some tricks for the high-flying sky circus!

Game #5 will be....

The Window Opening Game (Cyberchase: Castleblanca Quest)

cyberchase-castleblanca-quest_17.jpg

You simply have a grappling hook on the stage and must open each window by only using the grappling hook by attacking it! Open the most windows and get a stat buff! The various platforms act as platforms and there are walkoffs. It's a simpler layout.

The final game will be....

Report the News! (Liberty's Kids)

12268f5dba2ae47ce616cf8e233d0a62.jpg

Like the game itself...you get to report news on seven different events in American history! You start by talking to the townsfolk being able to hit the various question words and the Ask and Save buttons. Then, you need to choose the best information to report the story. The boxes act as ledges and there are no walkoff blastzones. Be the best reporter and get the ultimate stat buff as this game is one of the harder games to do so read carefully but fight as well!

You go back to the beginning and restart the cycle. Instead of just doing one PBS Kids tie-in Learning Company game...why not do one from each of the six franchises that got Learning Company tie-in games?

Now...for a ClueFinders moveset...

The ClueFinders
Series: The ClueFinders
Debut: The ClueFinders 3rd Grade Adventures: The Mystery of Mathra (January 6, 1998)

desjvwx-50703422-6180-4fa4-9df3-466bd487b74a.png

Joni: "I dunno, but we're gonna find out!"
Santiago: "Electrical circuits are my specialty!"
Leslie: "This is exciting!"
Owen: "I never met a pizza I didn't like."

The ClueFinders are middleweight fighters who excel at zoning when needing space to solve a puzzle. However, when in disadvantage, the character who is being used is a glass cannon. One hit into a combo and they are out of there. No matter if you are playing as Joni, Santiago, Leslie or Owen, their stats are all the same. They all have slightly above-average stats and are very risk and reward-based fighters based on how well you play as them. Also, due to the characters not being from PBS Kids, their trap is in the form of the red trapezoid which is basically the logo for The Learning Company instead of the PBS P-Head. Also, throughout the battle, LapTrap will follow you and use quipping when you are in a pickle in the fight.

Gimmick:

Inventory Usage and Puzzle Solver

Throughout the match, the ClueFinder you play as has an opportunity to solve puzzles and get some neat inventory to help you fight! The puzzles will increase in difficulty depending on how well you solve them. You fail a puzzle, you get stunned. However, if you get a puzzle right, you get a special reward for your inventory that can give you a stat buff or even some item to use. It's honestly a handy gimmick if you use it well!

Light Neutral: Take Your Call!

In this move, the ClueFinder will pull out the video phone and take the call, causing any damage to the fighters nearby. The stronger variant of this move will cause the fighter to pull out the phone more vigorously, causing more damage. This move is spammable but the stronger variant takes a little more time to come out.

Light Up: The Key To Victory!

In this move, the ClueFinder will raise one of the Golden Keys from The ClueFinders 3rd Grade Adventures: The Mystery of Mathra showing off one of the many treasures that they have found over the years. The light variant makes a GREAT combo starter. However, the stronger variant causes the ClueFinder to swing the key up more vigorously.

Light Down: Placing Down the CrypTiles

From The ClueFinders 5th Grade Adventures: Secret of the Living Volcano, the ClueFinder will simply place down a CrypTile on the ground. It's the slowest of the light moves and not that great of a combo starter. However, the stronger variant causes you to place two tiles down at once! Talk about some fast placing and some strong placing!

Neutral Special: The Puzzle We Must Solve!

This is where the ClueFinder's main gimmick lies. This move is a slow buildup as the ClueFinder will solve a puzzle relating to math, English, science, social studies, etc. Any subject covered in the ClueFinders game is fair game here. If you solve a puzzle correctly, you get a piece for your inventory and the puzzles increase in difficulty! However, if you solve a puzzle incorrectly, you get temporarily nerfed so be sure to solve them right the first time to reap the ultimate rewards for clue-finding!

Up Special: The Airplane from Cairo

Referencing The ClueFinders 4th Grade Adventures: Puzzle of The Pyramid, you simply ride the airplane that took the ClueFinders home and you will see Socrates barking for a second. The plane rises slowly and then lands. Anyone in the airplane's way will get slight damage from the landing and flight trajectory. The plane will go in a bit of an arc but the recovery is easy to predict so be careful when you use it, because you are open for spikes!

Down Special: Inventory Checking!

Here is the second part of the ClueFinder's main gimmick where you are able to check your inventory of things to use. Each item is based on an object from a ClueFinders game, various items such as Goo Beetles bags which will allow your trap to have a longer stun rate, Village Treasures giving you a super powerful item, etc. The list can go on for each item's function but be careful when choosing as this move has a slow startup. You choosing your inventory and then being attacked can cause you to lose that item!

Entrance:

The ClueFinder will walk out from one of the settings from a ClueFinders game and LapTrap will tell the fighter "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Taunt:

The ClueFinder will have Socrates come out and pet them and LapTrap will say "Hey, this isn't bad after all!"

Victory Animation:

The ClueFinder along with the other ClueFinders will all celebrate with Socrates there and LapTrap will say "Our clues lead us to victory!"

Losing Animation:

The ClueFinder will clap being a good sport and LapTrap will say "I told you it wasn't a good idea to do this!"

Ok...a moveset was very tricky but I tried. If anyone wants to come up with item functions based on the items from the ClueFinders games for the Inventory functions, please do. I came up with some examples so I hope this is a good start.​

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I don't know if this is considered cheating, but I'm submitting two Reader Rabbit stages!

Learning Company Stages

Cloud Nine (Reader Rabbit: Capers on Cloud Nine!)

Rr1cc9_cloud_nine.png

This location hails from Reader Rabbit's 1st Grade Dreamship tale! On this very adventure, Reader and Sam along with their other friends, Paige and Chester, travel on their Dreamship to Cloud Nine to investigate the case of some falling raingear coming from the clouds. Personally, I've always had a knack for arenas that take place in the clouds. Layout-wise, I don't have much, other than like a hazardless Kalos Pokémon League made out of clouds.

Cheddar Cheese Cliff (Reader Rabbit: Mis-Cheese-ious Dreamship Adventures!)
Rr2mcda_cliff.png

On Reader's 2nd grade Dreamship tale, he along with his crew have to retrieve their Dreamship before it gets stolen by the Pi-Rats (Presumably because they want a better ship, but it's never confirmed why they want the Dreamship). What you see above acts as this stage's layout! You can even see Mount Cheesemore in the background as well as Gorgonzola walking by occasionally!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I will close voting. Here are the results:

Katie Cadet: 0 :(
Reader Rabbit: 4
The ClueFinders: 8
Zoombinis: 2
Super Seeker: 0 :(

It seems the team of four kids who are great at solving mysteries....the ClueFinders join PBS Kids: Brawltime! Congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for his awesome submission! This technically counts as our first female fighter here as well given Joni Savage is the leader of the team and the founder of the ClueFinders as well! They make so much sense here.

Job 444 is still open so get your submissions in for that. Also, be sure to answer the discussion question whenever you have a chance to! Now, onto the next wave of jobs!

Job 445:

Submit a moveset for the ClueFinders. Keep their inventory usage/puzzle solving gimmick in mind when designing their moveset.

Job 446:

Submit a homestage for The ClueFinders. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 447:

For the first time ever, submit any Legacy Skin ideas for the PBS Kids characters for The ClueFinders pack based on Learning Company IPs. We will have at least one character cosplaying as a character from a Learning Company IP but try to think of another type of Legacy Skin we can give a character here. The Legacy Skin job prompt MUST stick with the Learning Company theme!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

ClueFinders Stage

ClueFinders Clubhouse

View attachment 388205

I mean...this is where the ClueFinders meet after all. Basically, you fight inside the clubhouse and there are ledges as well given the doors will open once in a while. Here is where you can also see all the various items of interest to the ClueFinders as well as even see various items from the many ClueFinders games as well in the background as Easter Eggs. If the ClueFinders are not selected as a fighter, they will appear in the background doing their own thing and hanging out. You may see other characters from the ClueFinders series cameo as well in the background if you fight long enough!

Legacy Skin Idea:

Submit a Legacy Skin
based on a former IP/company owned by The Learning Company!

I am sure some people may like this idea but...The Learning Company owned other edutainment games like KidPix and the Living Books games for a short while. We can potentially do a Legacy Skin based on those given the fact that they were owned by the company for a brief time. Not to spoil anything but....KidPix and a few Living Books games may appear in one of my tie-in product ideas for this awesome DLC pack! So, there's that promotional effect as well!

To answer my discussion question that I posed earlier, I do feel for the PBS Kids Archives stuff...I did have the idea for website games...we can design a whole original PBS Kids microsite based on The Learning Company. THAT would be awesome and it would be very early 2000s inspired for sure. We can decide on whether or not we can do all original website games or crossover website games. There will be more video games than website games, however. As for another thing...I feel we can do an exclusive one-off Learning Company crossover special that would hypothetically air on PBS Kids in the 2000s for the PBS Kids Archives giving it the 2000s treatment with the funding credits and all.

As for video games....this is where the SPECIAL SURPRISE may pop up that I'm planning so...I'll explain when we get closer ;)

I may submit a moveset idea for the ClueFinders later.
ClueFinders stage:

The Living Volcano

So far, (almost) all stages in PBS Kids: Brawltime! have had more of a calm, colorful and very educational feel to them, but it's time for things to take a walk on the wild side and include a stage that seems pretty.....wild! Hailing from the ClueFinders' 5th Grade adventure, meet the Living Volcano who might have been responsible for the disappearance of many ships near the island it resides on, and just many unusual activity on its island altogether. Layout-wise, it can start on a boat being attacked by falling volcanic rocks, which seriously pack a punch!, being able to KO at pretty low damage percents, like at 75% at the very least, so you don't wanna mess with em'! The stage then transitions to the island itself where more volcano rocks fall from the sky, and then onto the top of the Living Volcano, before going IN the volcano, making this the first stage in-game to have lava as a hazard! What's the best way I can describe this layout visual-wise? Well........take a look at those images below to get references for each stage section sequence, top to bottom!

Then it loops to the top to cycle all over again

Also in terms of the moveset for the ClueFinders, I got none unfortunately, but I must say that I do really dig Cyborg Sun's idea of having each ClueFinder as an alt, with Joni Savage being the default ClueFinder. Also, LapTrap can fallow the ClueFinder at all times too.
Learning Company Stages

Word Factory (Reader Rabbit)

View attachment 388284

You knew I had to submit a stage idea for Reader Rabbit but I did not want to do another homebase themed stage so...why not do one based on an iconic location that appeared in many games? Basically, you start outside the factory with walkoff zones and with the railway nearby with the train delivering word packages. Then, it goes through the many rooms of the factory where you fight on areas with no walkoffs with conveyor belts, words forming and then you get to the packaging room. Be careful of the other Word Factory equipment! You can also play the games in each sections similar to playing a Reader Rabbit game. It's overall educational fun when you are in such a pivotal building for Wordville!
Ok, I don't know if this is considered cheating, but I'm submitting two Reader Rabbit stages!

Learning Company Stages

Cloud Nine (Reader Rabbit: Capers on Cloud Nine!)

View attachment 388365
This location hails from Reader Rabbit's 1st Grade Dreamship tale! On this very adventure, Reader and Sam along with their other friends, Paige and Chester, travel on their Dreamship to Cloud Nine to investigate the case of some falling raingear coming from the clouds. Personally, I've always had a knack for arenas that take place in the clouds. Layout-wise, I don't have much, other than like a hazardless Kalos Pokémon League made out of clouds.

Cheddar Cheese Cliff (Reader Rabbit: Mis-Cheese-ious Dreamship Adventures!)
View attachment 388367
On Reader's 2nd grade Dreamship tale, he along with his crew have to retrieve their Dreamship before it gets stolen by the Pi-Rats (Presumably because they want a better ship, but it's never confirmed why they want the Dreamship). What you see above acts as this stage's layout! You can even see Mount Cheesemore in the background as well as Gorgonzola walking by occasionally!
Alright, so I'll close the jobs. We will vote on a ClueFinders stage. I will add in my other Learning Company stages but I feel we should only have one Reader Rabbit stage. Plus, my moveset will be used for the ClueFinders as well as my Legacy Skin job prompt for later. Please vote on the Strawpolls below!

ClueFinders Stage
ClueFinders Clubhouse AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Living Volcano PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Reader Rabbit Stage
Word Factory (Reader Rabbit) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Cloud Nine (Reader Rabbit: Capers on Cloud Nine!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Cheddar Cheese Cliff (Reader Rabbit: Mis-Cheese-ious Dreamship Adventures!) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto some assists and a Learning Book set.

Job 451:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing seen in the ClueFinders games.

Job 452:

Submit two assists based on a character or thing from another Learning Company IP. Each one must be from a different series so one per series.

Job 453:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from an adventure/puzzle game the Learning Company made from the 80s and such.

Job 454:

Create a Learning Book set for the ClueFinders.

Describe what each assist does and its function. Get submitting and use your imagination!

ClueFinders Assist

Mathra

0*jRAvJZMqe_MfFu8x.png

It's been a while since we've done a villainous assist...plus this character is from the first ClueFinders game and fits in with the Neon Gaming City at the end due to the city itself being based on Japanese pop culture and Mathra is definitely a reference to Mothra from the Godzilla series. Basically, this colossal dragon will appear and start attacking your foes aiding you. Funny enough, he's actually helping out the fighters. He'll breathe small bits of fire giving the fighters some damage. However, when the assist meter is full, he goes full kaiju mode and attacks everyone and everything in sight giving massive damage! One thing to note is that Mathra is an unique assist as the other fighters can attack him. When attacked enough, he will be "trapped" for a short while like what happened to him in the Numerian Rainforest a long time ago...

Learning Company Assists

Reader Rabbit

ezgif-4-849c50767c.jpg

I had to go with the main rabbit himself. After all, he's one of The Learning Company's biggest names! As an assist, he will simply give the player some sort of task to do where he will make letters or numbers spawn on the battlefield. Do the task right and he'll give you an item from the inventory. When the assist meter is full, the stakes get higher as the problems increase in grade level difficulty. Solve the higher level problems, you will be likely to get stronger items from Reader Rabbit's inventory! Be careful though, a wrong problem can penalize you causing a stat nerf! But, Reader Rabbit is here to make learning and fighting fun!

Super Seeker

super-solvers-treasure-mountain_6.png

He would appear in his sprite form but as an assist, he's basically like if Shovel Knight from Rivals of Aether was an assist. Basically, you have to find a various amount of an object based on something from a Super Seekers or Super Solvers game. These will spawn on the battlefield. More of your object currency will come based on how well you do in the fight. When you get enough, you can see Super Seeker for a treasure chest which contains things like an item, sometimes a stat buff, etc. However, when the assist meter is full, the treasures become greater and the costs of them become higher! You can now get treasures like Super Seeker sending out a deadly treasure chest to the winning fighter to get instantly KOd, get a super strong item, get a super stat buff, get a triple jump, etc. The possibilities are endless. However, if you get KOd, your object count will start from 0 again.

Adventure/Puzzle Game

Gertrude (Gertrude's Secret's/Gertrude's Puzzles)

gertrude-s-puzzles_1.png

A simpler assist based on an older Learning Company IP but basically, Gertrude will have a puzzle to solve that she will do for you. After a little while, she will ask you to attack a certain shape, a certain color, etc. Doing so will grant Gertrude the ability to place her puzzles on the ground so other fighters can get reverse controls as they are puzzled by her puzzles! When the assist meter is full, she will simply put down more bamboozling puzzles on the ground causing the reverse control effect on the other fighters as she is great at them!

ClueFInders Learning Book Set

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Got A Call to Take! (The ClueFinders's Light Neutral will come out faster and have some more damage on it!)
    • Faster Keys for Victory! (For the ClueFinders's Light Up, it will come out faster!)
    • The Quickventory(For the ClueFinders's Down Special, it will come out faster and allow you to choose an item from your inventory faster!)
    • Preparing for Takeoff! (For the ClueFinders's Up Special, it will have some more height as well as give a bit more damage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • The Stronger CryptoTiles (Now, the ClueFinders's Light Down is more spammable and can deal a bit more damage!)
    • A Clue for Success! (Now, the ClueFinders's gain a stat buff to assist them!)
    • Second Chances for a Puzzle (Now, for the ClueFinders's Neutral Special, you get a second chance if you get a puzzle wrong to solve it again!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Double Keys for Victory! (Now, for the ClueFinders's Light Up, you get double the keys and double the damage!)
    • Super Inventory Stuff! (All the items you get in the ClueFinders's inventory when you solve puzzles will be super strong items!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • The Top Clue Finders to Solve the Top Puzzles! (Now, for the ClueFinders's Neutral Special, they will get the highest level of puzzles automatically at the start and when solving a puzzle right, they get invincibility!)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so all my assists and Learning Book set will get in. In terms of the remaining stages, The Living Volcanon will be The ClueFinders's stage and The Word Factory will be the Reader Rabbit stage so well done to me and Pop!

Now, onto items and Learning Champion stage forms!

Job 455:

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen in The ClueFinders games.

Job 456:

Submit two items based on a character or thing seen in another Learning Company IP. Each one must be from a different series so one per series.

Job 457:

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an adventure/puzzle game the Learning Company made from the 80s and such.

Job 458:

Submit an item based on a character or thing exclusive to a PBS Kids tie-in Learning Company game. You CANNOT submit an item from one of the Arthur or Cyberchase games due to both franchises having items that were video-game exclusive from Learning Company games.

Job 459:

Submit 3 Learning Champion stage forms for stages that do not have one! We will add 5 for this update.

You CANNOT submit Learning Champion stage forms for the following stages:

• Sesame Street
  • Bobsville Castle
  • The Island of Sodor
  • EekoHouse
  • Magical Events
  • Tarrytown Sky Parade
  • Fast-Talking Jack's Carnival
  • Precinct 13579
  • Once Upon a Restaruant
  • Countdown
  • Animal Junction
  • Denali Trading Post
  • The Secret Museum
  • The Great Big Harbour
  • Mrs. Jenkins's Classroom
Get submitting and use your imagination!

ClueFinders Item

Bookerangs

Bookerang.png

Straight from ClueFinders: Mystery Mansion Arcade comes these handy items! They spawn in large quantities and can fall. If you attack one falling down, you catch it and you can use this Bookerang as a boomerang to stun your opponents for some seconds. It's a super cool stunning item. Also, there is a very rare chance a bookerang can really KO an opponent as if you cut a rope to let someone go. It's the item PERFECT for betrayal!

Learning Company Items

Brillites (Reader Rabbit)

maxresdefault.jpg

From Reader Rabbit Preschool: Sparkle Star Rescue, we get these bright jewels called Brillites. This is another item that spawns in a good quantity. A fighter can simply pick one up and each one has a surprise. If you find a blue Brillite, you can make a rainbow geyser appear causing any fighter that's standing above the Brillite to get BLASTED upward! Sometimes, you may stun an opponent with them, reverse their controls, cause them to get a stat buff, etc. May the odds be in the Brillities!

Klanker (Starflyers)

15696895-starflyers-alien-space-chase-windows-it-looks-like-the-space-pol.png

This is a fun idea I found from the Starflyers games but Katie's steel robot joins the fight as an item. He'll rarely appear and only function if you hit him. When you do, he will simply walk around and then give one mighty punch like he's punching through a wall to really knock your opponents away! He will only do this once AND be careful, the other fighters can attack him and cause him to malfunction so be on your guard!

Adventure/Puzzle Game Item

Rocky's Boots

maxresdefault.jpg

Ok...you are LITERALLY using Rocky's Boots here and they spawn in pairs. Throughout the battle, there will be logic gates that spawn that you must collect so the boot or boots can kick the right fighter. After a little while, if no one gets any logic gates, the boots do nothing. However, if a fighter collects all the logic gates in time, the boot will be like a Blueshell-esque item and target the top fighter and KICK them off the stage! This item is VERY HARD to make sure it does the best thing it can do so...really try to get those logic gates.

PBS Kids Tie-In Video Game Item

Musical Sparkleberries (Jay Jay the Jet Plane)

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 7.45.31 PM.jpg

From the Jay Jay the Jet Plane PC game, Sky Heroes to the Rescue, you get some musical Sparkleberries. My dad would personally LOVE this item as he still makes Jay Jay the Jet Plane references to me and occasionally mentions Pangabula Island and the Sparkleberry Tree with its sparkleberries. Regardless though, these sparkleberries will appear and can be used to play a song of some form like in the final minigame of the game itself. You simply have to listen for the order of the Sparkleberries to hit them in the right order to play the tune. Play the berries in the right order and you will get ALL the sparkleberries in your mouth to be consumed and your fighter will get healed very well AND be invincible for a short while! I guess this is the Sparkleberry Tree's way of saying thanks!

Learning Champion Stage Forms:

• The Living Volcano (Why not do guest character stages this time? It'll be like the Wuhu Island omega form but in the volcano with some slanted platforms madeof magma to add some platform variety and make the stage layouts have more variety.)
  • Learning Company Memories (It would simply be the classic Isle Delfino layout traveling through the games without you playing them. They will just be in the background and you can toggle the background to be distracting or just static of the game boxes.)
  • The D-Struct's Lair and Cave (It would be a layout similar to Yoshi's Story from Melee with lava clouds acting as the Randall's. I know we wouldn't add any more PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids content but since we are adding a guest character, why not give the first guest character's home stage the Learning Champion Stage Form treatment?)

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Here's my sole submission for a Learning Champion stage:

Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures, now with 100% less "Nature Adventures" and 100% more "Christmas." Yup, I'm giving the already premium Christmas Cat costume its own stage now too, lol. This version of the stage takes place in the bleak alternate future seen in "A Nature Carol." The stage stays in a more competitively viable version of the backyard area (which is now in a basic Battlefield layout, minus the top platform), with no transitions... and no nature. Gotta make room for all those new Christmas gifts, and that competitive viability. But is the sacrifice of nature truly worth it...? (The "Nature Analysis" Easter Egg also does not work here)

A Dark Holiday.png

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Boy, I am SO late on this, I should have put this up last night, but here it is!

Learning Company Item

Singing Marbles (Reader Rabbit)

latest.png

On Reader Rabbit and his crew's adventure to Cloud Nine, they had to play learning activities to earn Singing Marbles to solve patterns on Marvin the robot to obtain.......just one pillow.

As an item, they work like a combination of Shulk's Monado Arts, Kanohi Masks and the Dragoon/Daybreak. Like the Dragoon and Daybreak, 3 Singing Marbles are required to collect to activate them, and collecting 3 has them sing a small melody before activating their buffs and benefits. Like Monado Arts and Kanohi Masks, each color marbles grants a different temporary stat buff or benefit for the one who collected 3 of them, just without the Monado Arts drawbacks. When 2 of the same color are collected, the stat buff tied to the two same color marbles will have a stronger effect than the one different colored marble, which grants a smaller effect of its respective buff. When 3 different colored marbles are collected, the fighter is granted a random small stat buff or benefit of the 3 Singing Marbles they collected available. When 3 of the same color are collected, the fighter is granted a REALLY STRONG stat buff or benefit that are plain very powerful, because face it, what's the chance that you'll collect 3 marbles of the same color? It's pretty low.

Here are each color Singing Marbles and their respective buffs and benefits below:

Red - Shielding: Increases a fighter's launch and damage resistance, like Shulk's Shield Monado. Three of them can make the fighter resist a ton of damage and able to not flinch from most attacks!
Orange - Strength: Increases a fighter's damage dealing and launch power, like Shulk's Buster and Smash Monados, Hero's Oomph, and Xerneas. Three of them can let the fighter deal a guaranteed critical hit for their next move that can one-hit KO anyone even at relatively low damage precents!, like Hero's Psych Up and Incineroar's Revenge.
Yellow - Agility: Increases a fighter's speed movement and jump height, Like Hero's accelerate and Shulk's Speed and Jump Monados. Three of them can grant the fighter infinite jumps and gain an up special similar to Hero's zoom! The fighter will also gain a special dash ram ability, allowing them to damage and launch other fighters as long as they're dashing.
Green - Healing: Heals the fighter, the more marbles, the more damage is healed, with three being able to heal back to 0%!
Blue - Intervention: Damages all other fighters and grants the fighter an item, the more marbles, the more damage the others receive and the rarer the items the fighter can receive, with three being able to damage others by 150% and grants the fighter ANY item that's very rare and very powerful!

Also, similar to the Dragoon and Daybreak, the fighter will drop a Singing Marble if they take enough damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom