• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
I don't want Olive Elephant as a asset trophy. I want her as a fighter

Alright, so now I will close job submissions! Please vote for your top 2 but your own can only come in second!

Prince Tuesday (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick: Job Jumping/Special Property Gimmick

Rexy (Caillou) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Guessing Game-Themed/Toy Static

Lizardzilla (Let's Go Luna!) @Wario Wario Wario

Gimmick: Weight Change (Heavy to Lightweight) with certain conditions

Olivia (Eleanor Wonders Why) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Trunk Attacks/Water or Projectile Absorbtion

Now onto another job as well...

Job 508:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the fifth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Create a job prompt that is specific but leaves room for creativity. Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Olivia
2. Rexy

I do feel Pop had a great point about elephants gaining more mainstream attention through video games. Plus, elephants in platform fighters and fighting games are a little uncommon. Plus, we need more modern PBS Kids characters in the roster. Self-vote for Rexy because I love the Caillou puppet segments and that we do not have a character who is a toy as a fighter. Plus, Rexy also fills the niche of exclusive PBS Kids segments for a PBS Kids show that came from another country or network.

Lizardzilla was a great choice but I do feel Olivia's gimmick is a bit more unique but Lizardzilla still seems fun. Same for Prince Tuesday as well.

Stage Job Prompt:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids website game from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! who does NOT have a fighter in the game. This includes PBS Kids shows who do not have/had PBS Kids websites in the past but you can submit games from their respective websites.

I'm recycling another stage job prompt but...we need to show off more of the PBS Kids website stuff. This even includes the shows not represented with a fighter. Now's the time to do it, I feel. I did have a few more ideas but this is what I wanted to go with...kind of fits the "getting snubbed" theme here.
I think you mean Olive from Elinor Wonders Why

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Alright, time for my votes!

1. Olive
2. Prince Tuesday

So yeah, obviously a biased self-vote for myself lol, but as for the first vote... Yeah, it's no secret I've really wanted more Elinor representation in this concept, and I am determined to get it by any means necessary. Just as I was typing this, someone already corrected her name, but yes her name is Olive, not Olivia, let's make that clear lmao.

I think her proposed gimmick is pretty nice too. She is a bookworm in the show, but Lionel is already on the roster as the "book-themed guy", so leaning more into her elephant traits is a nice alternative.

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Alright, time for my votes!

1. Olive
2. Prince Tuesday

So yeah, obviously a biased self-vote for myself lol, but as for the first vote... Yeah, it's no secret I've really wanted more Elinor representation in this concept, and I am determined to get it by any means necessary. Just as I was typing this, someone already corrected her name, but yes her name is Olive, not Olivia, let's make that clear lmao.

I think her proposed gimmick is pretty nice too. She is a bookworm in the show, but Lionel is already on the roster as the "book-themed guy", so leaning more into her elephant traits is a nice alternative.
Gotcha. She's going be a fighter not a assist

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
As for T TommyEXTheGamer16 we do not have a Discord server like Cyborg said. I decided to go against it as to stick to the Smashboards Creates rules of most of the discussion being preferred to happen here as well as for...the nostalgia of the communcation of using forums, of course.

Now, I also fixed Olivia's name to Olive so you are good on that end PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn as I fixed it in my post for the voting and all.

A bit of behind-the-scenes ideas from me...there were a few candidates I was considering submitting for the recent newcomer job...

• One was to be Schemer from Shining Time Station. I think he is a better fit than Mr. Conductor due to him being a troublemaker. He will have a gimmick similar to what Pop envisioned for Caillou in a way as usually in Shining Time Station when Schemer pulls pranks, his plans usually backfire on him. He would have had the ability to "prank" the other fighters by reversing their controls, nerfing their stats, etc. but Schemer would gain damage and "learn his lesson" to play fair.
  • Another character or...characters I were considering were the Animalia villains being Tyrannicus the Tiger or The Creeper (was leaning more towards The Creeper because he is a weasel and weasels are uncommon in fighting games/platfighters). Going more on The Creeper, he would have had some gimmicks like easy recovery through hidden tunnels that would appear, powers from the Core and abusing them, etc. The Creeper was more of a villain anyway than Tyrannicus.

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
As for T TommyEXTheGamer16 we do not have a Discord server like Cyborg said. I decided to go against it as to stick to the Smashboards Creates rules of most of the discussion being preferred to happen here as well as for...the nostalgia of the communcation of using forums, of course.

Now, I also fixed Olivia's name to Olive so you are good on that end PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn as I fixed it in my post for the voting and all.

A bit of behind-the-scenes ideas from me...there were a few candidates I was considering submitting for the recent newcomer job...

• One was to be Schemer from Shining Time Station. I think he is a better fit than Mr. Conductor due to him being a troublemaker. He will have a gimmick similar to what Pop envisioned for Caillou in a way as usually in Shining Time Station when Schemer pulls pranks, his plans usually backfire on him. He would have had the ability to "prank" the other fighters by reversing their controls, nerfing their stats, etc. but Schemer would gain damage and "learn his lesson" to play fair.
  • Another character or...characters I were considering were the Animalia villains being Tyrannicus the Tiger or The Creeper (was leaning more towards The Creeper because he is a weasel and weasels are uncommon in fighting games/platfighters). Going more on The Creeper, he would have had some gimmicks like easy recovery through hidden tunnels that would appear, powers from the Core and abusing them, etc. The Creeper was more of a villain anyway than Tyrannicus.
Ah okay

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright well...you didn't properly vote T TommyEXTheGamer16

But, it's time to unveil the results!

Prince Tuesday: 1
Rexy: 3
Lizardzilla: 0 :(
Olive: 5

It seems that the elephant who is a bookworm, a banana and pretzel lover and friend of Elinor’s...Olive Elephant is ready to pack...ederm the punches as the fifth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for his fun submission!

Due to the lack of stage job prompts...

Stage job prompts are still open so get them in if you didn't get one in!

Onto our next wave of jobs:

Job 509:

Submit a homestage for Olive. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. I know we do have one stage from Elinor Wonders Why but we could always use a second stage in terms of something closer to Olive.

Job 510:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Olive.

Job 511:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Olive.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Olive Homestage

The Clubhouse

ezgif-5-f4668fa56a.jpg

For Olive's homestage...why don't we make it based on the club she is a part of..the Explorers Club? The clubhouse itself will be a little bigger as you will fight on top of it as well as around it due to the stage having walkoffs. You will get to see Elinor and her friends there as well! You may even see various doodles and the map the Explorers Club uses inside the clubhouse. How fun! There are no major hazards besides that if you attack the flag on the Clubhouse, an item will appear every now and again. Due to Elinor Wonders Why being a modern-day and current PBS Kids show and such, why don't we make Olive's homestage more simplistic for the younger player base who may be watching this show alongside the fact that we have had a lot of crazy, hazard-filled stages?

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character who has been submitted in the past to be a potential fighter but did not get in from a PBS Kids franchise minorly or not represented at all in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment.

For the assist job prompt, I'm running short on ideas but...now I feel we need to start deconfirming some characters for now until the Definitive Edition. It's kind of similar to the job prompt to what Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun posed a while back when we did Nature Cat for one of his stage jobs so...we can do it again for assists. As for the item job prompt, I recycled it from back when we did Nature Cat. We still need an item from an animated Sesame Street segment, after all.

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
So are you still gonna vote or not?
When's the poll

It seems that the elephant who is a bookworm, a banana and pretzel lover and friend of Eleanor's...Olive Elephant is ready to pack...ederm the punches as the fifth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for his fun submission!

Job 509:

Submit a homestage for Olive. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. I know we do have one stage from Eleanor Wonders Why but we could always use a second stage in terms of something closer to Olive.

Job 510:

Job 511:

Olive Homestage

The Clubhouse

View attachment 392777

For Olive's homestage...why don't we make it based on the club she is a part of..the Explorers Club? The clubhouse itself will be a little bigger as you will fight on top of it as well as around it due to the stage having walkoffs. You will get to see Eleanor and her friends there as well! You may even see various doodles and the map the Explorers Club uses inside the clubhouse. How fun! There are no major hazards besides that if you attack the flag on the Clubhouse, an item will appear every now and again. Due to Eleanor Wonders Why being a modern-day and current PBS Kids show and such, why don't we make Olive's homestage more simplistic for the younger player base who may be watching this show alongside the fact that we have had a lot of crazy, hazard-filled stages?

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character who has been submitted in the past to be a potential fighter but did not get in from a PBS Kids franchise minorly or not represented at all in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment.

For the assist job prompt, I'm running short on ideas but...now I feel we need to start deconfirming some characters for now until the Definitive Edition. It's kind of similar to the job prompt to what Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun posed a while back when we did Nature Cat for one of his stage jobs so...we can do it again for assists. As for the item job prompt, I recycled it from back when we did Nature Cat. We still need an item from an animated Sesame Street segment, after all.
YES!! YYYEEEESSSSS!!! THAT'S MY GIRL!! WOOOOOOOOO!! Omg I'm soooo happy!!!!

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet

It seems that the elephant who is a bookworm, a banana and pretzel lover and friend of Eleanor's...Olive Elephant is ready to pack...ederm the punches as the fifth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for his fun submission!

Job 509:

Submit a homestage for Olive. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. I know we do have one stage from Eleanor Wonders Why but we could always use a second stage in terms of something closer to Olive.

Job 510:

Job 511:

Olive Homestage

The Clubhouse

View attachment 392777

For Olive's homestage...why don't we make it based on the club she is a part of..the Explorers Club? The clubhouse itself will be a little bigger as you will fight on top of it as well as around it due to the stage having walkoffs. You will get to see Eleanor and her friends there as well! You may even see various doodles and the map the Explorers Club uses inside the clubhouse. How fun! There are no major hazards besides that if you attack the flag on the Clubhouse, an item will appear every now and again. Due to Eleanor Wonders Why being a modern-day and current PBS Kids show and such, why don't we make Olive's homestage more simplistic for the younger player base who may be watching this show alongside the fact that we have had a lot of crazy, hazard-filled stages?

Assist Job Prompt

Item Job Prompt

Item - Nature Book. The Nature Book will make any projectiles reflected.
Assist - Mrs. Elephant. She'll spawn butterflies and flowers for anyone that uses her to decrease their percentage, if their is at around %80, and Mrs. Elephant is active for that player, their percentage goes down as in healing

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
T TommyEXTheGamer16

We do not vote by poll for fighters. You vote by posting such as:

1. Bob
2. Tommy

Like that for instance as opposed to a poll as it makes the points more fair and such. As for your item and assist submissions, they are nice but...we are not doing item and assist submissions just yet, only job prompts for assists and items. Finally, please don't spam this thread with posts that are just one sentence. Thanks and I hope you consider contributing to the jobs at hand right now :)

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Well, I already like the Clubhouse stage idea, so I've got nothing.

Another name correction though, her name is spelled Elinor. I know, not as common of a spelling for the name, and I know there just so happens to be another book-loving elephant from the JumpStart series named Eleanor... so I get the confusion.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Okay I have no idea if you want to accept jobs that are purely "promotion of new thing" but here gooooooooes:

Submitting a prompt to cover both assist and item prompts: Submit an [assist OR item] based on a character/thing from the new movie, Brambletown!

because it comes out, uh... tomorrow as of when I'm typing this and it looks really cute okay

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Olive Homestage

The Willow Tree
Screenshot 2024-07-25 231930.png

I mean, I actually couldn't think of anything better to represent Olive than the clubhouse, but I still figured I'd dig deep to find anything that could do the trick. Take the Willow Tree, a tree which Olive claims is her favorite. While there might be some tree stages already in the game, I mean, hey, I was still trying to find anything.

Layout-wise, it can be something similar to Distant Planet, having the tree's various branches serve as the platforms and a slippery solid platform on the left made of the tree's leaves

Assist Job Prompt

Submit the main character of a PBS Kids show as an assist, provided they're not in yet. I know it's kinda similar to AlteredBeast's submission, but hey, I just thought, there has to be ONE PBS Kids show whose main character is only an assist, as least for now to fit with Olive's theme.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing based around magic.

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Olive Homestage

The Willow Tree
View attachment 392844

I mean, I actually couldn't think of anything better to represent Olive than the clubhouse, but I still figured I'd dig deep to find anything that could do the trick. Take the Willow Tree, a tree which Olive claims is her favorite. While there might be some tree stages already in the game, I mean, hey, I was still trying to find anything.

Layout-wise, it can be something similar to Distant Planet, having the tree's various branches serve as the platforms and a slippery solid platform on the left made of the tree's leaves

Assist Job Prompt

Submit the main character of a PBS Kids show as an assist, provided they're not in yet. I know it's kinda similar to AlteredBeast's submission, but hey, I just thought, there has to be ONE PBS Kids show whose main character is only an assist, as least for now to fit with Olive's theme.

Item Job Prompt

Item - Nature Book. The Nature Book will make any projectiles reflected.
Assist - Mrs. Elephant. She'll spawn butterflies and flowers for anyone that uses her to decrease their percentage, if their is at around %80, and Mrs. Elephant is active for that player, their percentage goes down as in healing
Here's the assist and item

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Olive Homestage

The Willow Tree
View attachment 392844

Assist Job Prompt

Item Job Prompt

I'm so excited to see Olive Elephant as a fighter

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Olive Homestage

The Clubhouse

View attachment 392777

For Olive's homestage...why don't we make it based on the club she is a part of..the Explorers Club? The clubhouse itself will be a little bigger as you will fight on top of it as well as around it due to the stage having walkoffs. You will get to see Elinor and her friends there as well! You may even see various doodles and the map the Explorers Club uses inside the clubhouse. How fun! There are no major hazards besides that if you attack the flag on the Clubhouse, an item will appear every now and again. Due to Elinor Wonders Why being a modern-day and current PBS Kids show and such, why don't we make Olive's homestage more simplistic for the younger player base who may be watching this show alongside the fact that we have had a lot of crazy, hazard-filled stages?

Assist Job Prompt

Item Job Prompt

Olive Homestage

The Willow Tree
View attachment 392844

Assist Job Prompt

Item Job Prompt

Ok so...I will close stage job prompts for now. Alongside this, based on today being Brambletown Day, I feel we should do a stage, assist and item job for Brambletown thanks to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun and his suggestion! I also fixed the spelling for Elinor on each post I misspelled her name to be that perfectionist I am in a way.

We will need to vote on Olive's homestage and the other assist and job prompt. Please vote in the Strawpolls below!

Olive Homestage Poll
The Clubhouse AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Willow Tree PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist Job Poll
Submit an assist based on a character who has been submitted in the past to be a potential fighter but did not get in from a PBS Kids franchise minorly or not represented at all in PBS Kids: Brawltime! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit the main character of a PBS Kids show as an assist, provided they're not in yet. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Item Job Poll
Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an item based on a character or thing based around magic. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto more stage jobs and a moveset job!

Job 512:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids website game from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! who does NOT have a fighter in the game. This includes PBS Kids shows who do not have/had PBS Kids websites in the past but you can submit games from their respective websites and even for those PBS Kids shows who had/have webpages on PBS Kids but also have games on their own websites.

Job 513:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids special programming event or something along the lines of some sort of special programming premiere based on a PBS Kids show and such. This is an area of PBS Kids history not represented yet in this game.

Job 514:

Well....we just got a call from PBS Kids and they said, we should
represent Brambletown in a way so...Brambletown is getting special treatment with a stage, assist and item to help promote it! Submit a stage based on a location from Brambletown or from any part of the special.

As for each stage, submit the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks to each stage.

Job 515:

Submit a moveset for Olive. Keep in mind her gimmick being based around her being an elephant and using her trunk for attacks and stuff like that!

PBS Kids Website Game for Non-Fighter Franchise

Thomas's Celebration Game (Thomas and Friends)

celebration-game-1487705815.jpg

I know Thomas and Friends did have a PBS Kids webpage but that only had games based around the CGI era. However, I more fondly remember the Thomas and Friends website games that were not on PBS Kids and I am still kind of surprised Thomas didn't get a webpage during the 2004-2005 time period when it first aired. But...this is a game I remember playing a lot as a kid and this game was also on the PBS Kids Sprout Thomas and Friends webpage. There are many different sections for this stage. The first part, you are on Level 1 where you fight in the clouds while Harold collects balloons. You can attack the balloons for items and such. Harold can act as an additional platform as well. The clouds have ledges and such but the platforms are small. Then, for the second level, you fight on the tracks where Thomas is collecting instruments for the brass band. Watch out as the instruments fall as they can cause you to get damage. There are walkoffs on both sides and you cannot fight on the bridge where the Brass Band Van is dropping instruments. Finally, for the last level, you will fight on Bertie the Bus and hit the road while you collect the musicians! It's like the NASB stage Traffic Jam but only with Bertie. When you see a brass band musician, attack the bus stop sign and then, the brass band member will reward you with a stat buff or a nice item! Finally, you go to the celebration at the end for a little and then the cycle restarts. An overall fun stage based around this classic Thomas and Friends website game.

PBS Kids Special Programming Event Stage

Share-A-Story Talent Show (PBS Kids Share A Story)

hqdefault.jpg

A programming event that I remember when I was very little that can be a fun stage. This stage will be like a competitively legal SSBM Pokémon Stadium with hazards. There are four different forms based on when the sign changes.

Drawing a Story: Various drawings from the story make up the platforms alongside an easel being a perfect place for grabs.

Acting a Story: A UFO that Buster supposedly summoned will be an additional platform hovering above.

Rhyming a Story: Trees will appear and the branches will act as platforms alongside some leaves as well, one leaf platform on each side.

Singing a Story: The stage gets a night-themed background (no, the stage won't turn dark) as well as there being shooting star platforms and the moon in the background too.

This stage works perfectly for a counterpick in the PBS Kids: Brawltime! tournament scene and what better way to show off this obscure programming event than to make it a competitively legal stage!

Brambletown Stage

Weasel and Weasel's

ezgif-2-6745bbd72c.jpg

I still have yet to watch this special and it looks adorable, mind I add? But...I looked at some locations in the special and...since we do not have too many store-themed stages, this can be a fun one. The fighters are shrunken down to the size of the counter and get to attack the various items on the counter to get items. Even various forest animals like bees carrying honey will appear to give honey and such. Occasionally, Weasel and Weasel will lift items to give you additional platforms. Watch out for the fleas as they can come to you and give you some damage for up to 15% and bug you!

I may submit a moveset for Olive but I do not know too much about Elinor Wonders Why so maybe later.

T TommyEXTheGamer16

We are submitting stages now. I like your ideas but please wait till we submit items and assists. Also, please do not spam this thread with one-line posts. It does not add anything to the thread. Now, if you want, please submit to the jobs posed. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Oh hurrah, hooray, Brambletown's getting some special treatment!!! It's a cute & mellow little short film, I highly recommend checking it out. Placed my votes on the polls, and here's my submission for the Brambletown stage:

The Junkyard

FixingWhatsBroken.PNG

They say no good for nothing, nothing's no good they say. But we gotta start fixin' what's broken, or we'll throw the whole town away!

Uh... sorry about that, got lost in the song, heh. Yes, representing what's one of my favorite songs from the film and the original album, we head to the Brambletown Junkyard where the Racoon often scavenges for parts. There is a random layout each time the stage is chosen. Your characters are the rummaging kind here, able to grab and pocket random "junk" from around the stage to fill a meter that is given to everyone and unique to the stage. It's almost like a "universal character gimmick", not very competitive but very fun!

Filling the meter will automatically spawn specially crafted items into your hands, proving that not much in this world is too busted to save. They can range from bicycles to ride & ram opponents, to rudimentary weapons, to little music boxes that provide a healing boost when the time is taken to listen to it. You can come up with a bit more if you want. They say you're a varmint, a scoundrel, a thief. But you just have a "don't-waste-your-garbage" belief!

And yeah, you can occasionally see the Racoon in the background doing some rummaging himself; he'll occasionally look up and wave at you.

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Ok so...I will close stage job prompts for now. Alongside this, based on today being Brambletown Day, I feel we should do a stage, assist and item job for Brambletown thanks to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun and his suggestion! I also fixed the spelling for Elinor on each post I misspelled her name to be that perfectionist I am in a way.

We will need to vote on Olive's homestage and the other assist and job prompt. Please vote in the Strawpolls below!

Olive Homestage Poll

Assist Job Poll
Submit an assist based on a character who has been submitted in the past to be a potential fighter but did not get in from a PBS Kids franchise minorly or not represented at all in PBS Kids: Brawltime! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit the main character of a PBS Kids show as an assist, provided they're not in yet. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Item Job Poll
Submit an item based on a character or thing from an animated Sesame Street segment. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an item based on a character or thing based around magic. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Job 512:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids website game from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! who does NOT have a fighter in the game. This includes PBS Kids shows who do not have/had PBS Kids websites in the past but you can submit games from their respective websites and even for those PBS Kids shows who had/have webpages on PBS Kids but also have games on their own websites.

Job 513:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids special programming event or something along the lines of some sort of special programming premiere based on a PBS Kids show and such. This is an area of PBS Kids history not represented yet in this game.

Job 514:

represent Brambletown in a way so...Brambletown is getting special treatment with a stage, assist and item to help promote it! Submit a stage based on a location from Brambletown or from any part of the special.

Job 515:

Submit a moveset for Olive. Keep in mind her gimmick being based around her being an elephant and using her trunk for attacks and stuff like that!

View attachment 392924

I know Thomas and Friends did have a PBS Kids webpage but that only had games based around the CGI era. However, I more fondly remember the Thomas and Friends website games that were not on PBS Kids and I am still kind of surprised Thomas didn't get a webpage during the 2004-2005 time period when it first aired. But...this is a game I remember playing a lot as a kid and this game was also on the PBS Kids Sprout Thomas and Friends webpage. There are many different sections for this stage. The first part, you are on Level 1 where you fight in the clouds while Harold collects balloons. You can attack the balloons for items and such. Harold can act as an additional platform as well. The clouds have ledges and such but the platforms are small. Then, for the second level, you fight on the tracks where Thomas is collecting instruments for the brass band. Watch out as the instruments fall as they can cause you to get damage. There are walkoffs on both sides and you cannot fight on the bridge where the Brass Band Van is dropping instruments. Finally, for the last level, you will fight on Bertie the Bus and hit the road while you collect the musicians! It's like the NASB stage Traffic Jam but only with Bertie. When you see a brass band musician, attack the bus stop sign and then, the brass band member will reward you with a stat buff or a nice item! Finally, you go to the celebration at the end for a little and then the cycle restarts. An overall fun stage based around this classic Thomas and Friends website game.

View attachment 392925

A programming event that I remember when I was very little that can be a fun stage. This stage will be like a competitively legal SSBM Pokémon Stadium with hazards. There are four different forms based on when the sign changes.

Drawing a Story: Various drawings from the story make up the platforms alongside an easel being a perfect place for grabs.

Acting a Story: A UFO that Buster supposedly summoned will be an additional platform hovering above.

Rhyming a Story: Trees will appear and the branches will act as platforms alongside some leaves as well, one leaf platform on each side.

Singing a Story: The stage gets a night-themed background (no, the stage won't turn dark) as well as there being shooting star platforms and the moon in the background too.

This stage works perfectly for a counterpick in the PBS Kids: Brawltime! tournament scene and what better way to show off this obscure programming event than to make it a competitively legal stage!

Brambletown Stage

Weasel and Weasel's

View attachment 392926

I still have yet to watch this special and it looks adorable, mind I add? But...I looked at some locations in the special and...since we do not have too many store-themed stages, this can be a fun one. The fighters are shrunken down to the size of the counter and get to attack the various items on the counter to get items. Even various forest animals like bees carrying honey will appear to give honey and such. Occasionally, Weasel and Weasel will lift items to give you additional platforms. Watch out for the fleas as they can come to you and give you some damage for up to 15% and bug you!

I may submit a moveset for Olive but I do not know too much about Elinor Wonders Why so maybe later.

T TommyEXTheGamer16

We are submitting stages now. I like your ideas but please wait till we submit items and assists. Also, please do not spam this thread with one-line posts. It does not add anything to the thread. Now, if you want, please submit to the jobs posed. Thanks :)
I'm sooo hyped for Olive >u<

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Maya & Miguel: World of Sports (Maya & Miguel)

Well, it was a bit tricky to find one at first, but I settled with this interesting web game based on Maya & Miguel, that focuses mainly on 5 different sports games.

Layout-wise, maybe something like King of Fighters Stadium, perhaps?

Brambletown Stage

Underground Mushroom Caverns
Screenshot 2024-07-27 141027.png

What looks to be an underground system full of mushrooms. I dunno, I just think the design is very interesting.

In terms of the stage's layout, It can take place on an uneven place of solid ground below that's never straight, and feels like it's always bumpy and full of small lumps on the ground. Mushrooms also grow there and serve as solid platforms, meaning they cannot be passed through!

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet

Olive Homestage Poll

Assist Job Poll

Item Job Poll

Job 512:

Job 513:

Job 514:

Job 515:

View attachment 392924

View attachment 392925

Brambletown Stage

Weasel and Weasel's

View attachment 392926

T TommyEXTheGamer16

I'm so excited for you to come up with a move set for Olive

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

View attachment 392924

Brambletown Stage

Weasel and Weasel's

View attachment 392926

T TommyEXTheGamer16

Oh hurrah, hooray, Brambletown's getting some special treatment!!! It's a cute & mellow little short film, I highly recommend checking it out. Placed my votes on the polls, and here's my submission for the Brambletown stage:

The Junkyard

View attachment 392927

They say no good for nothing, nothing's no good they say. But we gotta start fixin' what's broken, or we'll throw the whole town away!

Uh... sorry about that, got lost in the song, heh. Yes, representing what's one of my favorite songs from the film and the original album, we head to the Brambletown Junkyard where the Racoon often scavenges for parts. There is a random layout each time the stage is chosen. Your characters are the rummaging kind here, able to grab and pocket random "junk" from around the stage to fill a meter that is given to everyone and unique to the stage. It's almost like a "universal character gimmick", not very competitive but very fun!

Filling the meter will automatically spawn specially crafted items into your hands, proving that not much in this world is too busted to save. They can range from bicycles to ride & ram opponents, to rudimentary weapons, to little music boxes that provide a healing boost when the time is taken to listen to it. You can come up with a bit more if you want. They say you're a varmint, a scoundrel, a thief. But you just have a "don't-waste-your-garbage" belief!

And yeah, you can occasionally see the Racoon in the background doing some rummaging himself; he'll occasionally look up and wave at you.

Maya & Miguel: World of Sports (Maya & Miguel)

Well, it was a bit tricky to find one at first, but I settled with this interesting web game based on Maya & Miguel, that focuses mainly on 5 different sports games.

Layout-wise, maybe something like King of Fighters Stadium, perhaps?

Brambletown Stage

Underground Mushroom Caverns
View attachment 392941

What looks to be an underground system full of mushrooms. I dunno, I just think the design is very interesting.

In terms of the stage's layout, It can take place on an uneven place of solid ground below that's never straight, and feels like it's always bumpy and full of small lumps on the ground. Mushrooms also grow there and serve as solid platforms, meaning they cannot be passed through!
Alright, so based on the Strawpolls from before, my homestage from Olive won. However, we need to vote on the PBS Kids website game and the Brambletown stage.

For the PBS Kids website game, please vote below:

PBS Kids Website Game Non-Fighter Franchise Stage
Thomas's Celebration Game (Thomas and Friends) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Maya & Miguel: World of Sports (Maya & Miguel) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

For the Brambletown stage, vote for your top 2 ideas for a stage but your own can only come in second!

Weasel and Weasel's AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Junkyard Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Underground Mushroom Caverns PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also, we still need a moveset for Olive! If you have an idea for a moveset, please share it here!

Now, onto assists!

Job 516:

Submit
an assist based on a character or thing from Elinor Wonders Why.

Job 517:

Submit an assist based on a main character from a PBS Kids show minorly represented or not represented at all regardless if they have been submitted in the past or not.

Job 518:

Submit an assist based on a character or thing from Brambletown.

Describe each assist and their function!

Votes for Brambletown stage:

1. The Junkyard (Literally...such a cool idea and I love the junk item gimmick this stage has. Cyborg Sun, you are a genius!)
2. Undergrond Mushroom Caverns (Again, the layout idea seems really cool as well.)

Elinor Wonders Why Assist

Ari Bat

02Z2sbr-asset-kids-mezzanine1-16x9-fnXvlUy.png.jpeg

Ok so...I thought I would do another one of the main characters from the show instead of Elinor. Behold Ari Bat! Basically, as an assist, he is a little clumsy and can give you some damage over time by being careless and tripping on you and falling givning you around 10% over time. However, as time goes on throughout the match, he will be observant and observe the nature of the battle and give you a buff or item you need based on what's happening. When the assist meter is full, he will be super observant. Alongside that, you will unlock his flying abilities to allow you to float in midair for 30 seconds and then he'll heal you as he needs a snack after flying.

Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist

Resubmitting Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)

Long Awaited Represented Series Assist

Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)

View attachment 385946

Ok...yup, with DLC ending soon, we may have to deconfirm some big names. This assist can potentially hint at a certain edutainment company joining as a guest company in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Anywho, when Carmen is your assist, she will use her master thieving skills and still weak moves that your opponents cannot use for a little while and she will use it on them. She can also steal projectiles and even snatch items from opponents to give to you. However...when the assist meter is full, she will show off her skills. Using her master evading skills, she'll help you dodge attacks (similar to Bats Within or Mythra's Foresight move in the Smash games where you get a slight buff if you dodge it at the right moment) and she will steal even more powerful moves from the opponents. Even then...she'll REALLY give the opponents a lot of damage for sure!
Brambletown Assist

Weasel and Weasel

ezgif-2-6745bbd72c.jpg

These two store owners are ready to help you when in need. Throughout the battle, Weasel and Weasel will observe you and over time, if your losing will give you an item to assist you (usually a smaller item). When you're winning, they will nerf you as the cost of fighting is...really living the wild life, something they want you to avoid. When the assist meter is full, they will really give you an easy time and give you....FREE STRONG ITEMS! That's right, they are giving you an easy life no matter your status in battle. Healing items, melee items, etc., they have it all!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
You know, I totally spaced out and missed that the moveset job was actually open... 😅
ok well here it is (will contribute to a few of the other jobs later but for now... the big one)

Olive
Series: Elinor Wonders Why
First Appearance: Hiding In Plain Sight/Owl Girl (September 7, 2020)
Olive.png

"I think I read something about that in my nature book!" ~Olive

When Elinor and her friends receive the ever mysterious (dun dun dun!) Brawltime invitation, they take a unique approach in choosing who among them should be the one to accept it. Elinor was quick and speedy, but weaker; Ari could fly, but was rather clumsy; But Olive, while slower, had the benefit of being much stronger, thanks to her being an elephant. Her love of books was also advantageous, as she could quickly read up on the competition and learn of their unique styles faster. So, the three of them happily decided that Olive should be the representative for Animal Town! As far as lightweights go, she's on the heaviest end; So, she's not an actual "heavyweight", but is the heaviest lightweight... uh, you follow?

Gimmick: Pachyderm Grappler

We have a fair few heavyweights on the roster... but I've noticed something. We don't have anyone who's a true grappler, you know, a real Zangief type. So I'm changing that! Her main gameplan emphasizes a focus on getting up close and trapping them with her command grabs. But, her moveset will also feature other elephant traits as well. Her charged light attacks have armor on startup, for instance, because elephants tend to uh... be harder to knock down, especially when they're in motion.

Light Neutral: Pachy-Punch

This one's pretty simple, Olive performs a basic, straight punch. Nothing too fancy uncharged... but when charged, this simple punch can nullify projectiles! So yeah, it's kinda like Zangief's Green Hand. A nice tool to help her get in close.

Light Up: Trunk Trumpet

A little anti-air tool to stop those who think they can jump into her to avoid her grabs... uncharged, Olive swings her head upwards, whipping the air with her trunk. When charged, she instead trumpets from her trunk! This attack even has a bit of a windbox that pushes away opponents that are still close to her, but not in the direct range of the attack (which is mainly upwards in front of her). This was actually implemented to discourage using it if the opponent is grounded, as it works against her main gameplan by pushing them away.

Light Down: Wait, let me check my notebook!

This one is a bit more jokey, down to the name itself. Having observed the battle, Olive wants to keep her notebook updated. Uncharged, she just quickly slams it down and reads it for a short moment. When charged, she also scribbles something in it, the act of which also hurts opponents who happen to... walk into her, I guess. While this is a weaker move that also somewhat goes against her gameplan, sometimes you just really need to get a group of enemies off of you if they are too overwhelming.

Neutral Special: Trunk Wrestling

Oh yeah, here go into the REAL fun stuff! Olive has figured out that for a fighting tournament like this, she can use her true elephant strength to her advantage, able to use her trunk as something a third "hand" to aid in grappling opponents. Unlike the traps that all characters employ for regular grabs, this grapple has a longer range (acting more like a "real" grab seen in other platform fighters) and she can actually drag her opponent around a bit. Though it takes a fair bit of effort, they can break out, so be sure to follow up! Pressing the neutral button has her pummeling them, pretty basic. But, pressing the special button again has her enter a unique throw sequence in four parts. The end of each part must be timed properly with the special button presses for max damage:

1. Throw upwards with trunk.
2. Catch the falling opponent in arms.
3. Properly time a suplex right after they are caught.
4. If successful at not falling over yourself, grab a leg with trunk for one final fling!

The timing is surprisingly tricky... but, the sequence can be intentionally canceled or failed for the sake of combos, mindgames, or even retreating during a heated free-for-all... so many options are opened up with just this one technique!!!

Up Special: Water Jet

Another funny use of her trunk, Olive slurps some water from a bucket... and then spits it out, using her own trunk and the water for a makeshift "jetpack" to fly upwards. Doesn't deal damage, but the water acts exactly like Mario's FLUDD, so if you're lucky you might turn the tide by pushing an opponent away accidentally.

Down Special: Nature Book

Wasn't too sure of what to do for a down special at first... but then I saw an opportunity to tie Olive's love of books into something more substantial than the Light Down. In the end, I came up with something that could really aid her gameplan: Olive takes some time to read from one of her books, which contains helpful knowledge that she takes to heart, granting her a random buff for about 2 seconds, just enough time to get a good grapple in. It could be a speed boost, a damage boost, decreased knockback, or a slight healing factor.

Nature Cat Copy:

Well, Nature Cat certainly isn't as strong as an elephant, but that won't stop him from trying! He quickly grabs onto an opponent and automatically performs the throw sequence... to the best of his ability. He tries to throw them up, but finds he can't and just flops over to the failed suplex right away. As you can see, no timed sequences, just an outright "flop" of a wrestling attempt.

Entrance:

Walking into the stage while reading a book, Olive looks up in surprise before waving happily.

Taunt:

A butterfly suddenly flutters around Olive, causing her to giggle.

Victory Animation:

The screen transitions to victory stage in the same white fade transition used in the show; Here we see Elinor, Ari, and Olive laughing and hugging each other before Elinor and Ari work together to lift Olive up in celebration!

Losing Animation:

Olive respectfully claps for the winner, occasionally trumpeting for them as well.​

Last edited:

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
You know, I totally spaced out and missed that the moveset job was actually open... 😅
ok well here it is (will contribute to a few of the other jobs later but for now... the big one)

Olive
Series: Elinor Wonders Why
First Appearance: Hiding In Plain Sight/Owl Girl (September 7, 2020)
View attachment 392989
"I think I read something about that in my nature book!" ~Olive

When Elinor and her friends receive the ever mysterious (dun dun dun!) Brawltime invitation, they take a unique approach in choosing who among them should be the one to accept it. Elinor was quick and speedy, but weaker; Ari could fly, but was rather clumsy; But Olive, while slower, had the benefit of being much stronger, thanks to her being an elephant. Her love of books was also advantageous, as she could quickly read up on the competition and learn of their unique styles faster. So, the three of them happily decided that Olive should be the representative for Animal Town! As far as lightweights go, she's on the heaviest end; So, she's not an actual "heavyweight", but is the heaviest lightweight... uh, you follow?

Gimmick: Pachyderm Grappler

We have a fair few heavyweights on the roster... but I've noticed something. We don't have anyone who's a true grappler, you know, a real Zangief type. So I'm changing that! Her main gameplan emphasizes a focus on getting up close and trapping them with her command grabs. But, her moveset will also feature other elephant traits as well. Her charged light attacks have armor on startup, for instance, because elephants tend to uh... be harder to knock down, especially when they're in motion.

Light Neutral: Pachy-Punch

This one's pretty simple, Olive performs a simple, straight punch. Nothing too fancy uncharged... but when charged, this simple punch can nullify projectiles! So yeah, it's kinda like Zangief's Green Hand. A nice tool to help her get in close.

Light Up: Trunk Trumpet

A little anti-air tool to stop those who think they can jump into her to avoid her grabs... uncharged, Olive swings her head upwards, whipping the air with her trunk. When charged, she instead trumpets from her trunk! This attack even has a bit of a windbox that pushes away opponents that are still close to her, but not in the direct range of the attack (which is mainly upwards in front of her). This was actually implemented to discourage using it if the opponent is grounded, as it works against her main gameplan by pushing them away.

Light Down: Wait, let me check my notebook!

This one is a bit more jokey, down to the name itself. Having observed the battle, Olive wants to keep her notebook updated. Uncharged, she just quickly slams it down and reads it for a short moment. When charged, she also scribbles something in it, the act of which also hurts opponents who happen to... walk into her, I guess. While this is a weaker move that also somewhat goes against her gameplan, sometimes you just really need to get a group of enemies off of you if they are too overwhelming.

Neutral Special: Trunk Wrestling

Oh yeah, here go into the REAL fun stuff! Olive has figured out that for a fighting tournament like this, she can use her true elephant strength to her advantage, able to use her trunk as something a third "hand" to aid in grappling opponents. Unlike the traps that all characters employ for regular grabs, this grapple has a longer range (acting more like a "real" grab seen in other platform fighters) and she can actually drag her opponent around a bit. Though it takes a fair bit of effort, they can break out, so be sure to follow up! Pressing the neutral button has her pummeling them, pretty basic. But, pressing the special button again has her enter a unique throw sequence in four parts. The end of each part must be timed properly with the special button presses for max damage:

1. Throw upwards with trunk.
2. Catch the falling opponent in arms.
3. Properly time a suplex right after they are caught.
4. If successful at not falling over yourself, grab a leg with trunk for one final fling!

The timing is surprisingly tricky... but, the sequence can be intentionally canceled or failed for the sake of combos, mindgames, or even retreating during a heated free-for-all... so many options are opened up with just this one technique!!!

Up Special: Water Jet

Another funny use of her trunk, Olive slurps some water from a bucket... and then spits it out, using her own trunk and the water for a makeshift "jetpack" to fly upwards. Doesn't deal damage, but the water acts exactly like Mario's FLUDD, so if you're lucky you might turn the tide by pushing an opponent away accidentally.

Down Special: Nature Book

Wasn't too sure of what to do for a down special at first... but then I saw an opportunity to tie Olive's love of books into something more substantial than the Light Down. In the end, I came up with something that could really aid her gameplan: Olive takes some time to read from one of her books, which contains helpful knowledge that she takes to heart, granting her a random buff for about 2 seconds, just enough time to get a good grapple in. It could be a speed boost, a damage boost, decreased knockback, or a slight healing factor.

Nature Cat Copy:

Well, Nature Cat certainly isn't as strong as an elephant, but that won't stop him from trying! He quickly grabs onto an opponent and automatically performs the throw sequence... to the best of his ability. He tries to throw them up, but finds he can't and just flops over to the failed suplex right away. As you can see, no timed sequences, just an outright "flop" of a wrestling attempt.

Entrance:

Walking into the stage while reading a book, Olive looks up in surprise before waving happily.

Taunt:

A butterfly suddenly flutters around Olive, causing her to giggle.

Victory Animation:

The screen transitions to victory stage in the same white fade transition used in the show; Here we see Elinor, Ari, and Olive laughing and hugging each other before Elinor and Ari work together to lift Olive up in celebration!

Losing Animation:

Olive respectfully claps for the winner, occasionally trumpeting for them as well.​
Beautiful ^^ I absolutely love it :3

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Funny enough, I was going to submit Ari as the Elinor Wonders Why assist, but the functions I had in mind for him was different, that being him having the ability to fly forward and any opponent he comes to contact with, he'll grab them for a short time in the air before tossing them forward, making Ari a great tool to pressure others over a ledge, to which those with worse recoveries are pressured even more!

Main Character of PBS Kids Show Assist

Luna

About time we got her in at least!, given Rocko's in Nickelodeon All Star Brawl. As an assist, she'll just tend to mind her own business, exploring all around the stage and occasionally doing roll attacks. At full assist meter, she'll shine bright in the sky, giving the fighter she's assisting immunities to blast zones!, meaning they'll just bounce back whenever they're about to reach the outer blast zones.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Okay, time for the other jobs... first off, my icon for Olive:

Olive.png

Brambletown stage votes:

1. Weasel & Weasel's
2. The Junkyard

Nothing to submit for the other jobs actually... or is there?!?!? So, my Brambletown assist submission is the same as yours, being Weasel & Weasel, but with a different function. I want to stay more true to the original song and the way it pokes fun at consumerism... So, my version of the assist is more of a jokey RNG assist, not entirely dissimilar to what I did for Milo, but leaning more into the unusual side. See, they sell lots of things that you "didn't come here for", and are more dubious in nature, so when summoned, they'll kindly offer a random, strange trinket that's... not entirely clear on what its use is. 50/50 chance on it being pretty useless. But hey, maybe you'll find something to do with it!

But, when the assist meter is full, they'll instead give you a stronger item; One that's more obvious in its use and has less of a chance of being useless. These are items that have been improved by the Junkyard Racoon... this partnership actually does tie into the plot of Brambletown, but I won't say how or why for now.

TommyEXTheGamer16

Smash Cadet
Okay, time for the other jobs... first off, my icon for Olive:

View attachment 393016

Brambletown stage votes:

1. Weasel & Weasel's
2. The Junkyard

Nothing to submit for the other jobs actually... or is there?!?!? So, my Brambletown assist submission is the same as yours, being Weasel & Weasel, but with a different function. I want to stay more true to the original song and the way it pokes fun at consumerism... So, my version of the assist is more of a jokey RNG assist, not entirely dissimilar to what I did for Milo, but leaning more into the unusual side. See, they sell lots of things that you "didn't come here for", and are more dubious in nature, so when summoned, they'll kindly offer a random, strange trinket that's... not entirely clear on what its use is. 50/50 chance on it being pretty useless. But hey, maybe you'll find something to do with it!

But, when the assist meter is full, they'll instead give you a stronger item; One that's more obvious in its use and has less of a chance of being useless. These are items that have been improved by the Junkyard Racoon... this partnership actually does tie into the plot of Brambletown, but I won't say how or why for now.
Let's Go!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom