• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will let Pop's moveset be the moveset for the three wombats so congrats to him! I love their gimmick idea as how it will affect them in battle! Now, onto the next two jobs.

Job 239:

Write a Learning Book set for Malik, Zadie and Zeke.

Job 240:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Malik, Zadie and Zeke. Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters and Bob the Builder, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Faster Punches (The Wombats' Light Neutral will come out faster)
    • Super Wombat Uppercut! (The Wombats' Light Up will deal more damage.)
    • Super Wombat Toss (For their Neutral Special, the wombat being tossed will go a farther distance.)
    • Super Wombat Roundhouse Kick! (The Wombats' Light Down will deal more damage!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Wombats, Come Back! (Now, when a Wombat Follower gets KOd, the wombat will spawn right back after getting KOd!)
    • Good Job Working it Out! (Now, Malik, Zadie and Zeke gain a stat buff to assist them!)
    • Super Wombat Launch! (For the wombats' Up Special, they all get launched a farther distance!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Further Launching! (The Wombats can perform their Up Special twice in midair!)
    • Strongest Wombat Punching (For their Light Neutral, the Wombats will give more damage to their opponents!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Invincibility But Worked Out! (Now, the wombats have gained super invincibility for a few seconds as well as super stat buffs!)

DLC Story Mode Chapter for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

A New Beginning to Work It Out

This chapter takes place after the inital Story Mode and in a part of the Neon Gaming City at the end...somewhere outside of it. This is to show that the wombats were not PBS Kids characters until recent and we finished the story mode in 2022, a few months before Work It Out Wombats! premiered.

We start out the chapter with a view of the city until we zoom out of the city where we see some sort of...animal-like neighborhood. Think similar to an Animal-Crossing esque setting. We see the Kratt Brothers taking care of various animals such as the Berenstain Bears family, Aristotle, Cheeko, Donkey, etc. Then, we zoom into a house where we see three wombats. We see a cinematic similar to the Work It Out Wombats! intro.

We then see Malik read a title card where we see the three wombats dancing. He says:

Malik: A New Beginning to Work It Out

Basically, this is just a Work It Out Wombats! episode in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

We start with the three wombats sleeping until the sun shines on them waking them up similar to the beginning of the episode Snout and About.

Malik: Morning Zadie! Morning Zeke!

Zadie and Zeke: Morning Malik!

Malik: It's time for breakfast! We have a fun day ahead!

Zadie and Zeke come along and follow Malik with Zeke grabbing Snout. We see them head to the kitchen and eat some breakfast. Then, we see them step out and we see some form of an animal sanctuary.

Zadie: I think we should go and visit Mr. E in his new Everything Emporium!

Zeke: Yeah! Good idea!

Malik: Alright wombats! Let's go!

After the cutscene, you play as Malik, Zadie and Zeke going through a platforming section that tours the Animal Sanctuary and Animal Area. Watch out for mean animals as they are the hazards.

After the platforming section:

We see the three wombats head inside the new Mr. E's Everything Emporium. Mr. E is currently organizing everything...

Mr. E: Hello there, you three! Look around! I got some new items from the City and....something special!

Malik: Ooooh, what is it?

Mr. E: I first have to find it.

Mr. E climbs his ladder and then finds some form of a book about animals.

Mr. E: This animal book of all the animals here in this animal sanctuary!

Zadie: Wow! That is amazing!

The three wombats then look at the book.

Zeke: Hey! There's us!

Zeke points to a picture of the three wombats together in the book.

We then go outside of the Emporium to see Chris and Martin taking care of more of the animals.

Chris: So...those three new wombats. They are definitely interesting, aren't they?

Martin: For sure, Chris! And they are very nice too!

We also see Cheeko flying around and stopping at Mr. E's Everything Emporium to see the Wombats. Cheeko then stops to see them.

Cheeko: You three are some new EekoCreatures I have not seen before! What are your names?

Malik: I'm Malik!

Zadie: I'm Zadie!

Zeke: And I'm Zeke!

Cheeko: Well, nice to meet you three! I'm Cheeko!

We see the four of them talking until we zoom out of the Sanctuary to see....a certain man in black clothing scheming something evil...

Just as we zoom back to the Kratt Brothers giving Donkey some straw to eat after the three tots dropped him off...we see him sneak into the Sanctuary with some new machine of some form. And then....KABOOM!

The animals are all in fear!

Chris: Uh oh! Sounds like trouble!

Martin: We better see what that is!

The three wombats witness the trouble.

Malik: We better get going wombats!

Mr. E: I'm coming too!

We then see Zach Varmitech and his robotic animal clones of various PBS Kids animal characters appear to disturb the peace of the Animal Sanctuary. The three wombats then notice this.

Zadie: Yikes! This looks no good!

Zeke: So um....who's gonna fight them?

Malik: We're all gonna have too.

Mr. E then comes aside.

Mr. E: Now now, you are going to need help.

Chris and Martin: Wait for us!

The three wombats, Kratt Bros and Mr. E ready for battle.

After the cutscene, you can choose between Malik, Zadie and Zeke or Chris and Martin to battle a hoarde of robot animal fighters themed after various fighters based off of animals in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Mr. E will also be your assist during the fight and you will have to defeat 20 of these fighters.

After the battle:

We notice that Mr. E's book of animals is now gone.

Mr. E: My new animal book!!!

Zach Varmitech evily laughs.

Zach Varmitech: With this book, I can destroy the ecosystem for good!!!

We see Cheeko, Donkey and the other animal characters enraged as Zach Varmitech tries to make a run for it.

Martin: We'll have to get him....quick!

Chris: And fast!

Donkey: Hee haw!

Everyone nods.

Malik: Alright wombats, we'll have to make a plan on the fly!

Mr. E: I'll be of assistance as well!

After the cutscene, you can choose between Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Chris and Martin, Cheeko or Donkey and traverse through a platforming section with Mr. E assisting you. You will also battle Zach Varmitech's robot clones as well and fight them.

After the platforming section:

The party then reaches Zach Varmitech.

Zach Varmitech: Arrghhhhhh!

Malik: Woah....he's not looking too happy.

Chris: Give Mr. E back his book!

Martin: You will not destroy our sanctuary! These animals need a place to live in!

Zach Varmitech evily laughs.

Zach Varmitech: If you insist....but I'm planning on using this book to create more evil inventions to profit me for good!

Suddenly, we see a super giant robot Zach made based off of the Everything Emporium.

Mr. E: And he....made a robot based off of MY Emporium? That will never do!

Malik: Alright wombats! Plan is...to just fight...

Zadie and Zeke: And win!

Chris and Martin: Right behind you!

Everyone readies for battle.

After the cutscene, you can choose the order you play as Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Chris and Martin, Cheeko or Donkey as you get four stocks technically to complete the Zach Varmitech's Emporium Robo boss fight. Mr. E will be your assist yet again so use him to help you out! You have to aim for the main body piece in order to give him damage. Alongside this, his robot minions will appear and try to attack you giving you more trouble.

After the boss fight:

The robot then malfunctions after being defeated and we see Zach Varmitech fly away!

Zach: This won't be the end of me!!!!

Everyone cheers as Mr. E got his book back.

Chris: Well, we were able to write that wrong.

Martin: Luckilly, nothing really got destroyed, but we will all have to pitch in and fix some parts of the sanctuary together!

Malik: So....who wants to help out with fixing up our sanctuary?

Zadie: Well...I'd rather play and...

Malik: We need to be a team.

Zeke: Yeah! A team!

Malik: Alright, plan is, we'll all fix up the new Everything Emporium and then...

We hear the mumbles of Malik's talking as we zoom out and then get a montage with a remixed version of the Work It Out Wombats credits theme playing where all the animals and the Kratt Brothers work together to fix up the Sanctuary. We then see Mr. E dusting off his Everything Emporium and life going back to normal. Finally, as the remixed credits theme is about to end, we see a picture being taken of the Kratt Brothers with the three wombats and all their animal friends in the Sanctuary posing together for a photo to be added to Mr. E's animal photo collection book which it is revealed to be added into at the end of the montage as the screen then fades to black.

End of Chapter

I know this is not my best writing but I felt I would change things up a bit as I felt an Animal Crossing-esque setting would be perfect for the three wombats. Also, the ability to use an assist for a Story Mode chapter had not been done before so a DLC chapter felt like the perfect chance to do so. I am willing to hear other's Chapter ideas though for Malik, Zadie and Zeke!

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so........I WAS going to write a story mode chapter for the wombat siblings, but I will admit, I am busy writing things for other clients, so I lack the energy to actually do so here at the moment, BUT....what I can say is that for my version of Malik, Zadie and Zeke's story mode chapter was to take place during the events of the main story mode, when the Anomaly was still attacking the lands. The whole plot of this story mode chapter is basically that the wombat siblings have to protect each other as siblings while avoiding falling prey to the Anomaly, which is actually a plotline I recycled from my story mode chapter idea for Rosie Fuentes (Had she had gotten in as playable, but I'm still satisfied with how things currently are), where she must protect her little brother, Iggy, from falling into the clutches of the Anomaly. Where the story mode chapter takes place in exactly? I have none in mind, but it does last from beginning to end tho.

So even though I might not had the energy to write a story mode chapter, I will however probably have something for Malik, Zadie and Zeke's reveal trailer, I have something fun in mind for them.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Learning Book set and DLC chapter for Malik, Zadie and Zeke got in by default although I do love the idea Pop had for the three wombats regarding a Story Mode chapter for them. I cannot wait to hear his reveal trailer idea for the trio though when we get to it! Now, onto the next job!

Job 241:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Malik, Zadie and Zeke. Similar to the past three DLC fighters in a way, I feel one of the events should focus around the wombats themselves. I was thinking we should have one of the event matches be based around the City Island stage. The final two can be based around the new assist Rosie Fuentes and either the Tibble Super Action Challenge stage or the other content that comes with the wombats (the Traffic Light assist, the Berby item, etc.). That's just me but you can do event matches based on the new content that comes with Malik, Zadie and Zeke. It does not have to be the same thought process I have but just focus the event matches on the new content that comes with the update. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Event #Extra01: Zadie's Shell Shuffle
Event description:
Oh no! It looks like Zadie messed up Mr. E's shell garden! Apparently, the wombats' friend JunJun taught them a song but on a new instrument to fix the problem. Help them fix up the shell garden before disaster ensues!
Player: Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Zadie as the leader)
Ally: Big Bird (representing JunJun)
Assist: Mr. E
Stage: Treeborhood
Opponent(s): 3 Random Opponents for Every Playthrough
Event objective: As Malik, Zadie and Zeke, you need to protect the shells from the opponents. You can KO them but they will not fully dissapear unless you KO them with the Acoustic Guitar item. If you get KOd or the shells get destroyed, you fail the event.
References: The Work It Out Wombats episode Zadie's Shell Shuffle as well as the book/upcoming PBS Kids show based on the book of the same name Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band since JunJun is an avian creature with music abilities like Acoustic Rooster.

Event #Extra02: Anomaly Invasion at City Island
Event description:
It seems the good neighborhood of City Island is in danger as the Anomaly have chosen to invade there! This is a problem that has never been seen before. Luckilly, Watt knows how to solve the solution so it's best to let him take charge.
Player: Choice
Stage: City Island
Opponent(s): Anomaly-Enslaved Opponents x30
Event objective: It's a no-frills Multi-Anomaly Mayhem battle! Although, Watt will appear on the side thinking of an item that spawns on the stage that you can KO the Anomaly with. Use the item Watt is thinking of that will appear in a thought bubble next to him and use it. Use the wrong item/KO one by accident and you get a strike, you fail the event! 3 strikes and your out!
References: No specific City Island reference in particular, just how Watt is able to solve problems in the webshow and such.

Event #Extra03: Rosie's New Nature Adventure
Event description:
Rosie is going on some sort of nature adventure but...it's not where she was expecting. It's in some sort of strange world and Lote is missing! Help Rosie solve this problem and not get lost in this new nature world as these nature dwellers are not playing nice when Rosie asks for Lote back for her brother.
Assist: Rosie Fuentes
Stage: Ecosystem Tour
Opponent(s): 3 random opponents (5 random opponents for harder difficulties)
Event objective: In this event match, you need to KO the opponent that has Lote hiding in their back throughout each part of the Ecosystems Tour within the four habitats of the stage. The opponent that has Lote will glow briefly so pay attention! You must KO that opponent with Rosie's assist meter being full. Rosie can help you search for the opponent with Lote. However, if you get KOd or mess up three times, you fail the event.
References: The Rosie's Rules episode Rosie's Nature Adventure as well as just Plum Landing being a PBS Kids webseries about nature/the ecosystem.

Event #Extra04: The Tibble Super Action Challenge Showdown!
Event description:
It's the ultimate celebration of Arthur! Test your knowledge regarding Arthur and his friends in this no-thrills, super action-packed trivia challenge! Prove yourself to be the ultimate Arthur fan!
Player: Arthur
Assist: The Brain
Ally: Buster
Stage: The Tibble Super Action Challenge
Opponent(s): WordGirl and Ruff Ruffman (representing Francine and Binky)
Opponent(s)' Asssists: Anne Shirley (for WordGir, Anne represents Muffyl) and Mr. Ratburn (for Ruff Ruffman)
Event objective: You must answer 10 Arthur-related trivia questions at the bottom of the stage (20 on harder difficulties) without being KOd. You can KO the opponents but they will respawn. If you get a question wrong, there is no penalty. However, get KOd trying and you fail the event so stay on your toes.
References: The Arthur website game The Tibble Super Action Challenge as well as just an overall celebration of the Arthur franchise.

And, an alternate extra event that I thought was too funny that I must include.

Event Extra#04 Alt: When To Stop and When To Go?
Event description:
These are things you have to know!
Player: Mr. Rogers
Assist: Traffic Light
Stage: The Island of Sodor
Opponent(s): Barney (in train conductor alternate costume), Ms. Frizzle, Digit, WordGirl, Lionel, Xavier Riddle and Bob the Builder
Opponent(s)' Asssist(s): Sir Topham Hatt (for Barney)
Event Objective: It's a no-frills battle testing your knowledge of stopping and going! You must KO your opponents when the assist meter is full for the Traffic Light. Burby spawns often as an item as well. KO the opponents any other way, they will respwan. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: The Thomas and Friends sing-along song from Season 10, Navigation which is a HiT era song (when Thomas aired on PBS Kids). Mr. Rogers being the playable character as well as the Island of Sodor being a stage is a reference to the Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode Episode 1531 where he got to ride in a real trolley (which is basically similar to a train). The opponents are all affiliated with one of the ways of transport mentioned in the song Navigation. Barney has two moves with vehicles (a train and plane), Ms. Frizzle goes by road and/or by air with the Magic School Bus, Digit can fly by himself or on his ship, WordGirl and Xavier Riddle have flight powers to go places, Lionel has his Up Special as the Cliff Hanger helicopter (a slight reference to Harold the Helicopter as well) and Bob the Builder goes by road with his construction vehicles. Sir Topham Hatt being Barney's assist is in reference as to how you are fighting on the Island of Sodor stage as well as him being the controller of the North Western Railway.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I know I maybe late on my response to this (due to my life's been pretty hectic for me recently, scheduling conflicts, a power outage in my area and going to other events), but I'm totally ok with AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's event submissions, they all fit the bill perfectly for me.

Even if AlteredBeast AlteredBeast may submit a reveal trailer for the wombat siblings, I still have a fun reveal trailer in mind for them.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Event #Extra04: The Tibble Super Action Challenge Showdown
Event description:
It's the ultimate celebration of Arthur! Test your knowledge regarding Arthur and his friends in this no-thrills, super action-packed trivia challenge! Prove yourself to be the ultimate Arthur fan!
Player: Arthur
Assist: The Brain
Ally: Buster
Stage: The Tibble Super Action Challenge
Opponent(s): WordGirl and Ruff Ruffman (representing Francine and Binky)
Opponent(s)' Asssists: Anne Shirley (for WordGir, Anne represents Muffyl) and Mr. Ratburn (for Ruff Ruffman)
Event objective: You must answer 10 Arthur-related trivia questions at the bottom of the stage (20 on harder difficulties) without being KOd. You can KO the opponents but they will respawn. If you get a question wrong, there is no penalty. However, get KOd trying and you fail the event so stay on your toes.
References: The Arthur website game The Tibble Super Action Challenge as well as just an overall celebration of the Arthur franchise.

And, an alternate extra event that I thought was too funny that I must include.

Event Extra#04 Alt: When To Stop and When To Go?
Event description:
These are things you have to know!
Player: Mr. Rogers
Assist: Traffic Light
Stage: The Island of Sodor
Opponent(s): Barney (in train conductor alternate costume), Ms. Frizzle, Digit, WordGirl, Lionel, Xavier Riddle and Bob the Builder
Opponent(s)' Asssist(s): Sir Topham Hatt (for Barney)
Event Objective: It's a no-frills battle testing your knowledge of stopping and going! You must KO your opponents when the assist meter is full for the Traffic Light. Burby spawns often as an item as well. KO the opponents any other way, they will respwan. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: The Thomas and Friends sing-along song from Season 10, Navigation which is a HiT era song (when Thomas aired on PBS Kids). Mr. Rogers being the playable character as well as the Island of Sodor being a stage is a reference to the Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode Episode 1531 where he got to ride in a real trolley (which is basically similar to a train). The opponents are all affiliated with one of the ways of transport mentioned in the song Navigation. Barney has two moves with vehicles (a train and plane), Ms. Frizzle goes by road and/or by air with the Magic School Bus, Digit can fly by himself or on his ship, WordGirl and Xavier Riddle have flight powers to go places, Lionel has his Up Special as the Cliff Hanger helicopter (a slight reference to Harold the Helicopter as well) and Bob the Builder goes by road with his construction vehicles. Sir Topham Hatt being Barney's assist is in reference as to how you are fighting on the Island of Sodor stage as well as him being the controller of the North Western Railway.
Alright, my first three events will be added for the Malik, Zadie and Zeke update by default. Also, for PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn it is totally okay and I understand that life gets in the way of things. I hope all is well with you.

Moving along with the events, I need help deciding on the fourth event that will come with them since I had two ideas. Please vote on the Strawpoll below after reading each event description in the quoting post.

Fourth Event Match Poll

Job 242:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Malik, Zadie and Zeke update. I feel we'll add one episode from Work It Out Wombats!, one from City Island, one from Rosie's Rules, one from Plum Landing and one bonus episode for a series represented in the game. We will have to figure out how to deal with any sort of PBS Kids Archives for Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band since that has no production material yet released. If you have an idea, please let me know as I have one.

Job 243:

Submit 4 PBS Kids Website games and 2 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 4 video games and the top 2 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Work It Out Wombats:

Zadie's Shell Shuffle

This episode is referenced in the event match, has Mr. E as a character in the episode play a prominent role and is just a fun episode.

City Island:

As a special treat, all the episodes!

The episodes are short so why not have the whole web series? It's cute regardless. Also, it's a first for the Archives to include a whole show's catalog of episodes.

Rosie's Rules:

Rosie's Nature Adventure

It's referenced in Rosie's event match so why not showcase the source material here like the episodes I added from Work It Out Wombats!

Plum Landing:

The Lost Lake

Any episode works but the premise of this one looked like fun. Maybe we can add another episode since I think Plum Landing's episodes are a little short.

Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band:

I was thinking this series will get some form of an interactive read-aloud of the book with interactive elements, may be hinting at a future edutainment product brand getting Brawltime! content soon. It will be read as is:

Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band (like this)

Also, I feel there can be some production promo photos added to the Archives as well as to the Photo Album (similar to how there were Animal Crossing and Cubivore trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee before they launched in North America)

Bonus Episode:

Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks:

The Salmon of Knowledge

We have an item of the Salmon in the episode that was added last update so why not add a bonus episode from this underrated PBS Kids gem?

Website Games and Video Games:

Arthur: The Tibble Super Action Challenge

Unknown.png

We have a stage based off this game so why don't we add the original game?

Resubmitting Wild Kratts: Baby Animal Rescue

maxresdefault.jpg

I never really grew up with Wild Kratts...but I am currently student teaching at a school where some of my students LOVE playing on the Wild Kratts website on the pbskids.org website so thought I would include a game from there. They seem really fun and cool for sure.

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: Stoplight Game

MrRogersFastSlowLight.JPG

We have an assist based on the Traffic Light so why not bring back this game based on the assist? It could be fun for the younger players to play again to practice self-control.

Work It Out Wombats!: Step It Out

Unknown.jpeg

A game for our newest fighters! It seems like a really cute game for the young ones to learn about sequencing.

Video Games:

Resubmitting Sesame Street: Art Workshop and Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos

1560446654-15680-192.jpg

617Z2QPX3VL.jpg

A Sesame Street game needs to be added due to it being...well, the most well-known PBS Kids show and why don't we let it be an art game? Also, Carnival Chaos is referenced in the game as the last update, we got a stage based off of the game and the Ski Balls as items.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so enough time has passed and Pop didn't get notified about the new jobs so my episodes and content for the PBS Kids Archives have been added in automatically. Also, the fourth event will be When To Stop and When To Go? per a self-vote from me. Now, onward to our next two jobs having to do with Legacy Skins and a reveal trailer.

Job 244:

Time for the second round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on majors or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based off of things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to Malik, Zadie and Zeke's pack.

The character you can NOT submit Legacy Skins for are:

• Arthur
  • The Kratt Bros
  • Lionel
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
These seven characters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters Legacy Skins.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Malik, Zaide and Zeke. These characters can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

Legacy Skins:

Resubmitting Big Bird in Let's Make Big Moves T-Shirt and Black Hat that says "GAMEING" on it

big-bird-portrait_0.jpg

let-s-make-big-moves-shirt-youth-tee.jpg

Honoring another more recent Smash Ultimate major that occurs in New York City (as well as now in Miami), Big Bird is sporting the Let's Make Big Moves drip. Given Sesame Street takes place in New York City, why not have Big Bird represent a big major from his home city? Plus, Max Ketchum (the TO of the tournament) would so support this game like he did for Nick All Star Brawl, Flash Party and other platfighters. Gameing is a reference to how Max spells gaming if anyone is wondering. I have been to a Let's Make Big Moves way back in January 2020, super hype event. So, a perfect way to honor the event.

Elmo in VSmile-esque Graphics (32-Bit Elmo)

sddefault.jpg

Since we have some VSmile content in the game already, we might as well add a Legacy Skin based on a character who got a game on the VSmile. Elmo will appear as he does in the VSMile game, Elmo's World: Elmo's Big Discoveries. All his attacks are in the 32-bit style, no properties to the attacks changed, just the graphics.

Digit in Robotic Gaming Suit

Unknown-1.png
a00c1a88cc9b0eedc1b1894e08fae1ea--combat-suit-ds-max.jpg

Based on the epilogue of the story mode, Digit is seen dressed up and ready to game in a robotic gaming suit. Nothing too flashy, just his attacks have more flashy-ish aesthetics to reflect his gaming suit.

Trailer for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

When In Doubt, Work It Out!

We start off with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters and Bob the Builder.

We then see the logo slowly fade away onto a TV where we see the office of two familar animal loving brothers but....they are in the style of Animal Crossing-esque Villagers. Then, we zoom out to the Animal Sanctuary seen in the Story Mode in the new city.

However, as we see the place, we then see Announcer Bunny appear in the Animal Crossing-esque style about to make an announcement with the Animal Crossing speech bubble down by him.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all, we have some new visitors arriving as latecomers to the Brawltime Party! Chris and Martin, make them feel welcome! Thank youuuuuu!

Announcer Bunny pops back in his hat while Chris, Martin and Zaboo in their Animal Crossing-esque appearance get prepared. Each of their talks is heard with voice acting but with the Animal Crossing speech bubbles. Same with the other characters in the trailer.

Chris: I wonder who these new guests are?

Martin: Any animal really? We did meet those Teletubbies a while ago. Maybe, it's something more surprising.

Zaboo: Well, I can tell you a few things about these new fellas you two. They are similar to the Tubbies but...they can be a handful.

Chris laughs.

Chris: I guess we're in for a big surprise!

We see the brothers interact with the various animals around the Sanctuary.

Martin: Morning, Donkey!

Donkey: makes Donkey noises

Cheeko is then seen flying around

Chris: Oh, hey Cheeko! Are you making more of your creatures?

Cheeko: As always, Chris!

Then, as we see them keeping on doing their tasks, we get a look at three colored animals.

Zaboo then comes up to them.

Zaboo: Hey, you two! The guests have arrived right now!

Martin: Oh good! Let's go see them!

The Kratt Bros decide to head over to the entrance of the Animal Sanctuary.

Chris: Hello there! Who are you three creatures?

A blue wombat speaks.

Malik: Why, hello there! I'm Malik and these are my siblings, Zadie and Zeke!

Zadie and Zeke: Hi!

Martin: Oh wow, what animals are you guys?

Malik, Zadie and Zeke: We're wombats!

Malik: And we love having fun!

Chris: Nice to meet you three! So...are you invited to this Brawltime Party we're in?

Zadie shows Malik the invite.

Zadie: Big brother, I think he means this invite that green boy gave us...

Malik then holds up the invite.

Malik: You bet...and we're ready to work things out!

We cut to the introduction screen with the three wombats making a pose.

Introducing Malik, Zadie and Zeke! (Malik, Zadie and Zeke stand next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Malik, Zadie and Zeke!")

It then cuts to gameplay footage of Malik, Zadie and Zeke fighting against various fighters. First, we see them fight against the Kratt Bros on the Animal Junction stage. In the background, we hear a remix of the Work It Out Wombats! theme.

Malik: Alright wombats, let's make a plan to win at this Brawltime Party!

We see various footage of their moveset as well as a brief look at their gimmick with Zeke being KOd by Cheeko on the EekoHouse stage!

Zadie: Oh no, Zeke!

Malik: Don't worry, sis! Zeke will be back in no time!

We see Zeke respawn in a few seconds.

Then, we cut to footage of their stage, Treeborhood revealed to be a competitively legal stage where they fight against Big Bird, Donkey and Lionel.

Zeke: This is our home!

Zadie: It's a lovely tree, isn't it?

We then see Mr. E appear ready to assist the three wombats.

Mr. E: It seems like you three need a little assistance!

Malik: Mr. E is our friend!

Zadie: He has an Everything Emporium!

We see footage of the Mr. E assist in action on the Treeborhood stage. Then, we go to the ZOOM stage where we see the wombats pick up the Grandma's Super Cornbread item by the ZOOM oven item.

Zeke: Our favorite food, cornbread!

All three wombats: Yummy!

We then go to the character select screen to showcase that you can make Malik, Zadie or Zeke the leader!

Malik: We can take turns being the leader in these games!

We see Zadie being chosen as the leader on the Character Select Screen and her being the leader in gameplay footage.

Zadie: Absolutely! Us wombats sure can work things out!

We then see other footage including:

• A preview of the Event Match minus the Acoustic Rooster's Guitar item appearing
  • Them posing with the Kratt Brothers
  • Them in the Julia Child area of the Secret Museum stage pretending to make their grandma's Super Cornbread recipe
  • We even see footage of their Story Mode chapter but only the beginning but not to give too many spoilers away.
Finally, as we hear the credits theme play in the background, we cut back to footage of the Kratt Bros with the wombats.

Kratt Bros and Zaboo: Welcome, our new animal friends!

The three wombats: Yayyy!!!!

All the friends hug and cheer.

However, in the distance, we see a familar looking villain with a robot in the back saying

Zach Varmitech's voice: Hmmmm, new animals, more profit for me! You will not win, Kratt Brothers!

The music stops abruptly as we hear the familiar man.

We then see Malik, Zadie and Zeke added to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with all the base roster characters, the two free bonus characters and Bob the Builder by it.

It cuts to copyrights and all.

Announcer Bunny: It looks like the newest additions to the PBS Kids family, Malik, Zadie and Zeke from Work It Out Wombats! join PBS Kids: Brawltime as the second Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighters! You can watch Work It Out Wombats! on PBS Kids now! Their Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Malik, Zadie and Zeke as fighters with the Leader and Followers Gimmick
  • Treeborhood as their home stage
  • Mr. E as an assist and his function
  • Grandma's Super Cornbread item
  • A look at the event match Zadie's Shell Shuffle
  • A preview of their Story Mode chapter
  • A hint of Zach Varmitech being the Story Mode Chapter's villain

I was going to do the Animal Crossing-esque trailer for another animal character who has been submitted as an assist before but I feel it's too perfect for the wombat siblings. Their aesthetic fits the Animal Crossing-esque theme. I'm willing to hear other people's ideas as I feel this was not my best trailer as I am unfamiliar with Work It Out Wombats! as well as the show being fairly recent. Regardless, hope you all enjoy and that you all submit something for a trailer!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My Legacy Skins:

Wordgirl: Shine Outfit
1675044260742.png

1675044271892.png

This special outfit gives Wordgirl a Shine-themed superhero suit that has various shades for the colors associated with Shine as well as the Shine logo on her torso. Certain attacks of hers also produce a flash of blue hexagon energy.

Xavier Riddle: Cybertronic suit

1675045221008.png

1675045225851.png

A post-story mode themed outfit, based on what he, Yadina and Brad wore in the neon-gaming-futuristic city when they stopped by the Teletubbies' food place to eat Tubby Ramon.

Apex Ruff Ruffman
1678670100765.png

1678670107118.png

Ruff gains special colors that includes green and red and he also gets an APEX themed headset! The APEX logo appears on his tummy too.

My trailer for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

Wombat Quest III: Workin' it out!

We start off with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters and Bob the Builder.

We then see Announcer Bunny appear next to an old CRT TV about to make an announcement with old RPG speech speech text by him.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all, we have some new visitors working their way as latecomers to the Brawltime Party! In order to see who they are, we have to boot up this game called...Wombat Quest III on the PKES (PBS Kids Education System)! Leeeeeeeeet's play this old baby, shall we?

Announcer Bunny pops the cartridge in the PKES and boots on the old system. The TV screen first shows a plain grassy area with flowers, which then cuts to a scene with the Kratt Bros, Zoboomafoo, Cheeko and Donkey next to a save crystal in a healing springs, as if the cart had a piece of saved game already. The 5 exit the room and into the next where it commences dialogue, which for the majority of the reveal trailer is done entirely with text boxes with no voice acting.

Chris: So tell me, brother? Who were we going to give that invitation we found after we defeated the Anomaly boss?

Martin: Hmmmmmm.........From what I can gather, it looks like we're meeting wombats! We've not seen a lot of those!

Zoboo: I heard they're a family of three! They're triplets! I bet they're like those tubby friends we met last time! Hooha!

Cheeko: You know, I've never really played with wombats before, so it'll be fun to meet some for the first time!

Chris: I wonder where they could be?

Martin: I'm wondering that too!

Zoboo: Yeah, Chris and Martin, where could they be?

Zoboo: sings Where could they be? These animals who I once see? Can you help guess this mystery?

Chris: Let's check our map shall we?

The map screen opens that shows a forest location with an exclamation bubble over it, marking that this is where they need to go. The 4 are placed over the area, which reads "Treeborhood", they enter there.

The 4 wonder around the area, walking on many tree branches, passing by many animal homes including Mr. E's shop. Finally, they stumbled across the home of the wombat siblings. Upon seeing them, the 5 approach them to talk with them

Blue wombat: Say, what brings you 5 nice guys here?

Chris: Hey little wombats, sorry to pardon your daily activities, but we're here to bring you three something special! I'm Chris, this is my bro MArtin and or friend Zaboo!

Cheeko: I'm Cheeko! Pleased to meet you!

Blue wombat: Well hi Chris, Martin, Zaboo and Cheeko! My name's Malik!

Purple wombat: I'm Zadie!

Yellow wombat: And I'm Zeke! And this here is Snout!

Malik: So what did you have for us?

Chris: Well, something special!

An inventory screen pops up that shows that Chris has 3 pieces of cornbread, a guitar and Birby for some reason, but the item being selected in Chris' inventory to give to the wombat siblings is an invitation!

Invitation description: A very special item from Dash. Give it to any character to instantly have them join your party!

Chris selects the invitation and hands it to the wombat siblings

Zadie: For.....Us?

Malik: Well it surel ooks like it! Come on, Zadie and Zeke, it's WORKIN' TIME!

malik-joined-your-party-zadie-j.gif

Introducing Malik, Zadie and Zeke! (Malik, Zadie and Zeke stand next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Malik, Zadie and Zeke!")

It then cuts to gameplay footage of the wombat siblings duking it out on various stages, showing off their leader-followers gimmick, as well as their stage, which is a competitively legal stage where they fight against Big Bird, Donkey and Lionel. It also showcases Mr. E an an assist, the cornbread item on the ZOOM stage, as well as the ability to choose which wombat gets to be the leader on the CSS. The wombat siblings also comment in voice acting about the things going on currently.

We then see Malik, Zadie and Zeke added to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with all the base roster characters, the two free bonus characters and Bob the Builder by it.

It cuts back to the RPG game where the now 8 character team are seen walking in a mysterious base where Zach Varmitech stands in the boss room as the area's main boss, but just when the fighters confront Zach, the whole game starts to glitch horribly before crashing!

Announcer Bunny: Uhhhhhhh, it looks like we have some technical difficulties, folks! It looks like the newest additions to the PBS Kids family, Malik, Zadie and Zeke from Work It Out Wombats! join PBS Kids: Brawltime as the second Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighters! You can watch Work It Out Wombats! on PBS Kids now! Their Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

This trailer introduces:

So basically, the direction I was going for my Malik, Zadie and Zeke reveal trailer was a parody of all those old-school top-down RPGs, with their old-school graphics and simple presentations.
1678669952850.png

1678669975109.png

1678669989992.png

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so enough time has passed and Pop didn't get notified about the new jobs so my episodes and content for the PBS Kids Archives have been added in automatically. Also, the fourth event will be When To Stop and When To Go? per a self-vote from me. Now, onward to our next two jobs having to do with Legacy Skins and a reveal trailer.

Job 244:

Time for the second round of Legacy Skins! Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on majors or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based off of things not from their shows. The top 3 ideas will be added to Malik, Zadie and Zeke's pack.

• Arthur
  • The Kratt Bros
  • Lionel
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
These seven characters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters Legacy Skins.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Malik, Zaide and Zeke. These characters can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

Legacy Skins:

Resubmitting Big Bird in Let's Make Big Moves T-Shirt and Black Hat that says "GAMEING" on it

big-bird-portrait_0.jpg

Honoring another more recent Smash Ultimate major that occurs in New York City (as well as now in Miami), Big Bird is sporting the Let's Make Big Moves drip. Given Sesame Street takes place in New York City, why not have Big Bird represent a big major from his home city? Plus, Max Ketchum (the TO of the tournament) would so support this game like he did for Nick All Star Brawl, Flash Party and other platfighters. Gameing is a reference to how Max spells gaming if anyone is wondering. I have been to a Let's Make Big Moves way back in January 2020, super hype event. So, a perfect way to honor the event.

Elmo in VSmile-esque Graphics (32-Bit Elmo)

View attachment 369208

Since we have some VSmile content in the game already, we might as well add a Legacy Skin based on a character who got a game on the VSmile. Elmo will appear as he does in the VSMile game, Elmo's World: Elmo's Big Discoveries. All his attacks are in the 32-bit style, no properties to the attacks changed, just the graphics.

Digit in Robotic Gaming Suit

View attachment 369209View attachment 369210

Based on the epilogue of the story mode, Digit is seen dressed up and ready to game in a robotic gaming suit. Nothing too flashy, just his attacks have more flashy-ish aesthetics to reflect his gaming suit.

Trailer for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

When In Doubt, Work It Out!

We then see the logo slowly fade away onto a TV where we see the office of two familar animal loving brothers but....they are in the style of Animal Crossing-esque Villagers. Then, we zoom out to the Animal Sanctuary seen in the Story Mode in the new city.

However, as we see the place, we then see Announcer Bunny appear in the Animal Crossing-esque style about to make an announcement with the Animal Crossing speech bubble down by him.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all, we have some new visitors arriving as latecomers to the Brawltime Party! Chris and Martin, make them feel welcome! Thank youuuuuu!

Announcer Bunny pops back in his hat while Chris, Martin and Zaboo in their Animal Crossing-esque appearance get prepared. Each of their talks is heard with voice acting but with the Animal Crossing speech bubbles. Same with the other characters in the trailer.

Chris: I wonder who these new guests are?

Martin: Any animal really? We did meet those Teletubbies a while ago. Maybe, it's something more surprising.

Zaboo: Well, I can tell you a few things about these new fellas you two. They are similar to the Tubbies but...they can be a handful.

Chris laughs.

Chris: I guess we're in for a big surprise!

We see the brothers interact with the various animals around the Sanctuary.

Martin: Morning, Donkey!

Cheeko is then seen flying around

Chris: Oh, hey Cheeko! Are you making more of your creatures?

Cheeko: As always, Chris!

Then, as we see them keeping on doing their tasks, we get a look at three colored animals.

Zaboo then comes up to them.

Zaboo: Hey, you two! The guests have arrived right now!

Martin: Oh good! Let's go see them!

The Kratt Bros decide to head over to the entrance of the Animal Sanctuary.

Chris: Hello there! Who are you three creatures?

A blue wombat speaks.

Malik: Why, hello there! I'm Malik and these are my siblings, Zadie and Zeke!

Zadie and Zeke: Hi!

Martin: Oh wow, what animals are you guys?

Malik, Zadie and Zeke: We're wombats!

Malik: And we love having fun!

Chris: Nice to meet you three! So...are you invited to this Brawltime Party we're in?

Zadie shows Malik the invite.

Zadie: Big brother, I think he means this invite that green boy gave us...

Malik then holds up the invite.

Malik: You bet...and we're ready to work things out!

It then cuts to gameplay footage of Malik, Zadie and Zeke fighting against various fighters. First, we see them fight against the Kratt Bros on the Animal Junction stage. In the background, we hear a remix of the Work It Out Wombats! theme.

Malik: Alright wombats, let's make a plan to win at this Brawltime Party!

We see various footage of their moveset as well as a brief look at their gimmick with Zeke being KOd by Cheeko on the EekoHouse stage!

Zadie: Oh no, Zeke!

Malik: Don't worry, sis! Zeke will be back in no time!

We see Zeke respawn in a few seconds.

Then, we cut to footage of their stage, Treeborhood revealed to be a competitively legal stage where they fight against Big Bird, Donkey and Lionel.

Zeke: This is our home!

Zadie: It's a lovely tree, isn't it?

We then see Mr. E appear ready to assist the three wombats.

Mr. E: It seems like you three need a little assistance!

Malik: Mr. E is our friend!

Zadie: He has an Everything Emporium!

We see footage of the Mr. E assist in action on the Treeborhood stage. Then, we go to the ZOOM stage where we see the wombats pick up the Grandma's Super Cornbread item by the ZOOM oven item.

Zeke: Our favorite food, cornbread!

All three wombats: Yummy!

We then go to the character select screen to showcase that you can make Malik, Zadie or Zeke the leader!

Malik: We can take turns being the leader in these games!

We see Zadie being chosen as the leader on the Character Select Screen and her being the leader in gameplay footage.

Zadie: Absolutely! Us wombats sure can work things out!

We then see other footage including:

• A preview of the Event Match minus the Acoustic Rooster's Guitar item appearing
  • Them posing with the Kratt Brothers
  • Them in the Julia Child area of the Secret Museum stage pretending to make their grandma's Super Cornbread recipe
  • We even see footage of their Story Mode chapter but only the beginning but not to give too many spoilers away.
Finally, as we hear the credits theme play in the background, we cut back to footage of the Kratt Bros with the wombats.

Kratt Bros and Zaboo: Welcome, our new animal friends!

The three wombats: Yayyy!!!!

All the friends hug and cheer.

However, in the distance, we see a familar looking villain with a robot in the back saying

Zach Varmitech's voice: Hmmmm, new animals, more profit for me! You will not win, Kratt Brothers!

The music stops abruptly as we hear the familiar man.

Announcer Bunny: It looks like the newest additions to the PBS Kids family, Malik, Zadie and Zeke from Work It Out Wombats! join PBS Kids: Brawltime as the second Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighters! You can watch Work It Out Wombats! on PBS Kids now! Their Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

This trailer introduces:

I was going to do the Animal Crossing-esque trailer for another animal character who has been submitted as an assist before but I feel it's too perfect for the wombat siblings. Their aesthetic fits the Animal Crossing-esque theme. I'm willing to hear other people's ideas as I feel this was not my best trailer as I am unfamiliar with Work It Out Wombats! as well as the show being fairly recent. Regardless, hope you all enjoy and that you all submit something for a trailer!
My Legacy Skins:

Wordgirl: Shine Outfit
1675044260742.png

1675044271892.png

This special outfit gives Wordgirl a Shine-themed superhero suit that has various shades for the colors associated with Shine as well as the Shine logo on her torso. Certain attacks of hers also produce a flash of blue hexagon energy.

Xavier Riddle: Cybertronic suit

1675045221008.png

1675045225851.png

A post-story mode themed outfit, based on what he, Yadina and Brad wore in the neon-gaming-futuristic city when they stopped by the Teletubbies' food place to eat Tubby Ramon.

Apex Ruff Ruffman
View attachment 369291
View attachment 369292

Ruff gains special colors that includes green and red and he also gets an APEX themed headset! The APEX logo appears on his tummy too.

My trailer for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

Wombat Quest III: Workin' it out!

We then see Announcer Bunny appear next to an old CRT TV about to make an announcement with old RPG speech speech text by him.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all, we have some new visitors working their way as latecomers to the Brawltime Party! In order to see who they are, we have to boot up this game called...Wombat Quest III on the PKES (PBS Kids Education System)! Leeeeeeeeet's play this old baby, shall we?

Announcer Bunny pops the cartridge in the PKES and boots on the old system. The TV screen first shows a plain grassy area with flowers, which then cuts to a scene with the Kratt Bros, Zoboomafoo, Cheeko and Donkey next to a save crystal in a healing springs, as if the cart had a piece of saved game already. The 5 exit the room and into the next where it commences dialogue, which for the majority of the reveal trailer is done entirely with text boxes with no voice acting.

Chris: So tell me, brother? Who were we going to give that invitation we found after we defeated the Anomaly boss?

Martin: Hmmmmmm.........From what I can gather, it looks like we're meeting wombats! We've not seen a lot of those!

Zoboo: I heard they're a family of three! They're triplets! I bet they're like those tubby friends we met last time! Hooha!

Cheeko: You know, I've never really played with wombats before, so it'll be fun to meet some for the first time!

Chris: I wonder where they could be?

Martin: I'm wondering that too!

Zoboo: Yeah, Chris and Martin, where could they be?

Zoboo: sings Where could they be? These animals who I once see? Can you help guess this mystery?

Chris: Let's check our map shall we?

The map screen opens that shows a forest location with an exclamation bubble over it, marking that this is where they need to go. The 4 are placed over the area, which reads "Treeborhood", they enter there.

The 4 wonder around the area, walking on many tree branches, passing by many animal homes including Mr. E's shop. Finally, they stumbled across the home of the wombat siblings. Upon seeing them, the 5 approach them to talk with them

Blue wombat: Say, what brings you 5 nice guys here?

Chris: Hey little wombats, sorry to pardon your daily activities, but we're here to bring you three something special! I'm Chris, this is my bro MArtin and or friend Zaboo!

Cheeko: I'm Cheeko! Pleased to meet you!

Blue wombat: Well hi Chris, Martin, Zaboo and Cheeko! My name's Malik!

Purple wombat: I'm Zadie!

Yellow wombat: And I'm Zeke! And this here is Snout!

Malik: So what did you have for us?

Chris: Well, something special!

An inventory screen pops up that shows that Chris has 3 pieces of cornbread, a guitar and Birby for some reason, but the item being selected in Chris' inventory to give to the wombat siblings is an invitation!

Invitation description: A very special item from Dash. Give it to any character to instantly have them join your party!

Chris selects the invitation and hands it to the wombat siblings

Zadie: For.....Us?

Malik: Well it surel ooks like it! Come on, Zadie and Zeke, it's WORKIN' TIME!

View attachment 369287

It then cuts to gameplay footage of the wombat siblings duking it out on various stages, showing off their leader-followers gimmick, as well as their stage, which is a competitively legal stage where they fight against Big Bird, Donkey and Lionel. It also showcases Mr. E an an assist, the cornbread item on the ZOOM stage, as well as the ability to choose which wombat gets to be the leader on the CSS. The wombat siblings also comment in voice acting about the things going on currently.

It cuts back to the RPG game where the now 8 character team are seen walking in a mysterious base where Zach Varmitech stands in the boss room as the area's main boss, but just when the fighters confront Zach, the whole game starts to glitch horribly before crashing!

Announcer Bunny: Uhhhhhhh, it looks like we have some technical difficulties, folks! It looks like the newest additions to the PBS Kids family, Malik, Zadie and Zeke from Work It Out Wombats! join PBS Kids: Brawltime as the second Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighters! You can watch Work It Out Wombats! on PBS Kids now! Their Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

This trailer introduces:

So basically, the direction I was going for my Malik, Zadie and Zeke reveal trailer was a parody of all those old-school top-down RPGs, with their old-school graphics and simple presentations.
View attachment 369288
View attachment 369289
View attachment 369290
Alright, time to vote on our Legacy Skins as well as vote on a trailer to be used for the wombat siblings in the Strawpoll link below. Personally, I loved Pop's trailer idea for it being a tribute to old-school JRPG games as well as the little Easter Egg with the items that come with the characters being their items but we will decide as a thread on which trailer idea to use. As for the Legacy Skins, vote for your top 4. Your own can come in first if you want. The top 3 alternate costumes will get in!

Legacy Skins

Legacy Skins from AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Big Bird in Let's Make Big Moves T-Shirt and Black Hat that says "GAMEING" on it
32-Bit Elmo based on VSmile games/graphics
Digit in robotic gaming suit

Legacy Skins from PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
WordGirl: Shine Outfit
Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit
Apex Ruff Ruffman

Reveal Trailer for Malik, Zadie and Zeke Poll

Now, whenever Pop is ready, it's time for our next newcomer round for our 3rd fighter for the first Learner's Pass! Get voting on the Legacy Skins and vote on a trailer idea after reading both!

My votes:

1. WordGirl Shine Outfit
2. 32-Bit Elmo
3. LMBM Big Bird
4. Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit

I love the Apex Ruff Ruffman idea but I feel Apex has too much controversial history about its former TO to be represented in a game with characters from shows aimed towards kids as well as a bad reputation from the platfighter/PBS Kids: Brawltime! community. All great skin ideas though.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Since I'm cared to do the honors........

Job 245: For our 3rd Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, We figured we'd do something special with the 3. For this character job, you are to submit a character from a PBS Kids show that lasted for 3 years or less for it's initial run! Yes, any PBS Kids show that fits into that category has had a shorter lifespan than Miiverse! (2012-2017) As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. 32-bit Elmo
2. Wordgirl Shine outfit
3. Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit
4. LMBM Big Bird

My character (re)submission:

Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, 2001)

As far as I'm aware, the show only lasted for one measly year, from September 2001 to October 2002. Not surprising as it's not all that popular, really.

Her show takes place in China during the late Qing Dynasty, where she and her other cat friends and family learn lessons regarding family obligations and loyalty. What's interesting about the show is that it's cross-cultural, meaning its theme song is in both English and Chinese.

She deserves a spot in the roster for many reasons. One, there have historically been barely any platform fighting games to have cats as playable fighters, and I am a cat person myself. Two, her show in general, although short-lived, was very obscure and underrated. It fits into the category of obscure 2000's PBS Kids shows. Three, her show takes place in China, which is a country that is very well-known in the USA, with Chinese being one of the most spoken languages in the world. China's THAT recognizable, and the way it's represented in her show is treated with high respect. Those are just 3 examples of my reason she deserves a spot in the roster.

Sagwa would be a lightweight character with high mobility and jumping skills and can also run very fast (Cats can run at 30 mph after all). Most of her attacks would involve swiping her paws at others. One idea for a gimmick or special move I have is a "predatory mode", where she would enter a pose where she is about to pounce something, which is something real world cats tend to do sometimes. Another idea I have for her moves is that can call upon powerful Chinese spirits to fight alongside her. So overall, her moves would be a combination of real-world cat moves and summoning mighty Chinese spirits.

On a side note, if she gets in, that means Sagwa can appear on the existing Pinball stage, as I think it's one of the only PBS Kids shows represented in the Pinball bumpers that is not currently in the game yet.
screenshot.1.jpg

screenshot.2.jpg

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Actually, we still also need some content from Seven Little Monsters to get the Berenstain Bears plus Seven Little Monsters bumper as well for the PBS Kids Pinball Machine stage alongside the Sagwa bumper in response to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Anywho, for my character as she is really obscure:

Betsy (Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures)

maxresdefault.jpg

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures was a show about a five-year-old girl named Betsy who goes to Lakeshore School as she learns about transitioning to being a school student by experiencing new things and unfamilar routines. With the help of people like her teacher Mrs. O'Connor and Bus Driver Bob, she alongside her fellow students learn lessons in academics and behavorial areas as they gain more knowledge through the field trips that they go on. The show only had one season and aired initally ran from January 12th to September 27th of 2008. Heck, I only really remember this show from its webpage and not the actual show itself!

I do remember Pop mentioning this show when we talked about DLC and I do feel we should definitely add one super obscure character just to get that show in the light again. Plus, a fun fact about this show, it was voted in TV Guides "Must See" shows in 2008 despite it being relatively obscure and not really marketed well. Alongside this, we need more female characters as fighters so Betsy fits. After all, PBS Kids is a channel aimed towards kids so why not have a character who is a child who's show is about learning in a school, in and out of it as a fighter?

Now...how would Betsy fight?

I overall feel Betsy would be a lightweight as well as being a glass cannon. Her advantage state is great but she can easily be knocked off the stage. Her moveset would be based on various adventures/topics covered in her show.

For her gimmick:

Stage Adaptation With Learning

This gimmick is a reference as to how Betsy adapts to unfamilar situations. Basically, this is like the gimmick Pop posed for Rosie when submitting her. I feel it fits Betsy as that is the whole premise of the show. She adapts to new situations and learns lessons as well. She could be a fun character with some research done in regards to her assist, stage, item and even story mode chapter and event match!

For those needing help with submitting a character, here are more PBS Kids shows that ran less than three years initally:

• Liberty's Kids
  • Toopy and Binoo
  • Wimzie's House (I don't know if this show counts since its initial run was in Canada)
  • Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies
  • Elliot Moose
  • Seven Little Monsters
  • Animalia
  • The Zula Patrol
  • Make Way for Noddy/The Noddy Shop
That's all I can think of as well as give but otherwise, I hope this helps with submission ideas!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Actually, we still also need some content from Seven Little Monsters to get the Berenstain Bears plus Seven Little Monsters bumper as well for the PBS Kids Pinball Machine stage alongside the Sagwa bumper in response to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

View attachment 369345

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures was a show about a five-year-old girl named Betsy who goes to Lakeshore School as she learns about transitioning to being a school student by experiencing new things and unfamilar routines. With the help of people like her teacher Mrs. O'Connor and Bus Driver Bob, she alongside her fellow students learn lessons in academics and behavorial areas as they gain more knowledge through the field trips that they go on. The show only had one season and aired initally ran from January 12th to September 27th of 2008. Heck, I only really remember this show from its webpage and not the actual show itself!

I do remember Pop mentioning this show when we talked about DLC and I do feel we should definitely add one super obscure character just to get that show in the light again. Plus, a fun fact about this show, it was voted in TV Guides "Must See" shows in 2008 despite it being relatively obscure and not really marketed well. Alongside this, we need more female characters as fighters so Betsy fits. After all, PBS Kids is a channel aimed towards kids so why not have a character who is a child who's show is about learning in a school, in and out of it as a fighter?

I overall feel Betsy would be a lightweight as well as being a glass cannon. Her advantage state is great but she can easily be knocked off the stage. Her moveset would be based on various adventures/topics covered in her show.

For her gimmick:

This gimmick is a reference as to how Betsy adapts to unfamilar situations. Basically, this is like the gimmick Pop posed for Rosie when submitting her. I feel it fits Betsy as that is the whole premise of the show. She adapts to new situations and learns lessons as well. She could be a fun character with some research done in regards to her assist, stage, item and even story mode chapter and event match!

For those needing help with submitting a character, here are more PBS Kids shows that ran less than three years initally:

• Liberty's Kids
  • Toopy and Binoo
  • Wimzie's House (I don't know if this show counts since its initial run was in Canada)
  • Elliot Moose
  • Seven Little Monsters
  • Animalia
  • The Zula Patrol
That's all I can think of as well as give but otherwise, I hope this helps with submission ideas!
About time somebody remembered Betsy's Kindergartens Adventures

Another fun fact, Betsy is voiced by Daveigh Chase!, who:

-voiced Lilo in Lilo & Stitch
-played Samara in The Ring

Come to think of it, Betsy being voiced by a horror movie star is......I have no words.........

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will leave the character job open till probably Thursday or Friday to allow for more submissions to get in so please get them in when you have the chance!! Meanwhile so it is not too much for the future, I want to have a round of discussion questions regarding free content in regards to the non-PBS Kids content like we did to promote the VSmile Classic as well as the sponsorship packs and what not? Alongside these questions, there are fun questions as well so let's get started, shall we?

Discussion Questions:

1. Since Bob the Builder was announced with a VSmile Classic and we got some content based on the VSmile stuff (there will be some more things coming later), would you like there to be more free content in the forms of assists, stages, items, etc. from other edutainment brands? Given that this game could spark a renaissance in old school edutainment products, it could be a fun way to promote nostalgic products made for an older audience to relive childhood memories. In regards to this, which edutainment companies would you like to see get content that have some tie to PBS Kids? Also, would you like to make more tie-in products as well with this content coming in?

2. In regards to the sponsorship packs, what other companies would you like to see sponsor the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit and get Sponsorship Packs? Should future rounds have more specific prompts about companies, have everyone submit a company that has sponsored a PBS Kids show before and a company that has never sponsored a PBS Kids show before similar to how we had 2 shows with PBS Kids history and 2 with no history with the network?

3. Besides free content from non-PBS Kids related things, what other content would you like to see come for free?

4. Back to the VSMile Classic:
-How many games would be on it?
-What games would you want to see on it?
-What would the console come with if you want a Collector's Edition of the console?

Alright, this is a lot so get discussing!

My responses:

1. Personally, I have been thinking about this for a long while...I would love to see us create a renaissance for the older edutainment nostalgia for sure. Making tie-in products is fun. Sure, we may overdo it but honestly...this game is good for marketing as well so we should put our money where the mouth is.

The companies that I want to see get free content:

• Scholastic: A no brainer but a good amount of PBS Kids shows have been made by Scholastic including Clifford, The Magic School Bus, WordGirl, etc. Heck, even that Dragon Tales game in the PBS Kids Archives was made by Scholastic. I can definitely see us getting a stage from one of their games based on an original Scholastic IP like Math Missions, I Spy, Animal Genius, etc. I would even love a Ms. Frizzle Scholastic inspired Legacy Skin or something like that.
  • Living Books: One of the old school edutainment companies which has actually apps on iPads and all. There were Arthur books on this as well as a certain feline who wears a hat who has yet to join Brawltime! I would love to see a stage inspired by the Aesop's Fables Living Books, it could make for a really fun stage as well as even Simon the crow (the Living Books mascot) as an assist.
  • Random House: Another company who owns the publishing rights for books of our favorite aardvark and the cat. There's even books publised by them based on other PBS Kids shows if counting the Golden Books library. Little Critter assist anyone given Little Critter was also in Living Books?
  • ABCMouse.com: I don't know much about them but I feel they should get something due to the website being a sponsor of PBS Kids programming.
  • Humongous Entertainment: This company does not have much connection to any PBS Kids IP aside from Humongous being owned by Lyrick Studios (the home media company that owned home distribution rights to Barney and Friends, Bob the Builder and Wishbone in the 90s-early 2000s). A more tenuous connection but their games have made a resurgence. An alt for WordGirl based on Pyjama Sam perhaps?
  • LeapFrog: Another tenuous connection but there have been LeapPad books based on PBS Kids IPs including Sesame Street, Arthur, Bob the Builder, Thomas and Friends, etc. Heck, I remember there being like two Leapster games based on PBS Kids IPs, those being Thomas and Friends: Calling All Engines! and Clifford the Big Red Dog: Reading. There's even a Magic School Bus game so there's that. Maybe LeapPad books added to the Archives or even a stage based on an original Leapster game?
  • JumpStart/Knowledge Games: Another tenuous connection but I remember they made games for Teletubbies, Noddy (who has yet to get representation in this game) and Curious George. A JumpStart mascot as an assist maybe?
That's all I can think of but I would love maybe a Leapster Classic, a compilation of Scholastic PC games for modern video game consoles, a collection of JumpStart games, etc. Tons of possibilities. The only edutainment company I left out is The Learning Company as I feel a Learning Company rep should be one of our guest fighters for sure.

2. Personally, I feel everyone should now be allowed to submit two companies; one company with PBS Kids history as in they have been a sponsor of the network and one with no history with the network. Some research may be required but it would be fun to see the research come into play.

The sponsors with PBS Kids history I would like to see be sponsors for our Competitive Circuit:

• Chuck E. Cheese's (I'm surprised no one submitted them the first time around but...I have fun ideas for them)
  • Kellogg's
  • Danimals
  • Chick-Fil-A
  • Target (believe it or not, they do have PBS Kids history)
All these companies have history with the network and I feel I have great ideas for their Sponsorship Packs for sure.

The sponsors with no PBS Kids history I would like to see be sponsors for our Competitive Circuit:

• Crayola (A fun idea for sure)
  • Old Navy (A clothing store could create some cool skins for our fighters for sure)
  • Starbucks or Panera Bread
  • Walmart (It would be funny if we had both Walmart and Target as sponsors in the game)
  • Build-A-Bear Workshop
More fun ideas for Sponsorship Packs that I will keep under wraps for now.

3. I would love to see us add more modes and some cool quality of life additions so something for everyone. I have ideas but as of right now, I am keeping those a secret for now until the time comes. Also, I was considering we can MAYBE add event matches based on the free content from edutainment brands. But, that is just a maybe. Alongside the free edutainment brand content, we can add potentially more games/content from that brand into the Archives but not to overstaurate it.

4. I think the VSmile Classic will have about 40ish games. Personally, I would love to see all the games based on PBS Kids shows in there as well as:

• The Wiggles: It's Wiggle Time
  • Blue's Clues Collection Day
  • Cranium: Partyland Pack
  • Spider-Man and Friends: Secret Missions
  • Toy Story 2: Operation: Rescue Woody!
Those are the games I would mostly want. But, in regards to the packaging...

There will be a regular VSmile Classic sold with just the console as well as a Collector's Edition.

The contents of the Collector's Edition include:

• The VSmile Classic Console itself
  • A special edition VSmile Classic Controller
  • A big poster of all the VSmile games released with all their boxart on it
  • A statue of V-Pal (the VSmile mascot)
  • An anthology book about the console, its history, the games, etc.
  • A retro-inspired VSmile boxart for the VSmile classic starring all the non-licensed VSmile characters
Also, I feel the console will have the ads for the VSmile as well for more nostalgia.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Yes, I would like more free content like that to be added in the future, because it's fun. It might sound weird, but I want content from StarFall.com to get in. More tie-in products would be awesome.

2. While I agree with most of AlteredBeast's points for his answers to this question, some PBS Kids-history sponsors I'd like to see are:
  • Spaghetti-Os
  • Lipton Noodle Soup (I didn't know there really WAS a noodle company sponsor for PBS Kids once)
  • Teddy Grahams
  • Sun Maid Raisins
  • Hefty ZooPals (As a 2000's kid, I strongly approve of this! Heck, there was an Arthur Zoopal once)
  • Rainforest Cafe
  • HOMER
  • Kiddie Academy
  • IKEA

some no-PBS Kids-history sponsors I'd like to see are:
  • Chipotle (They're going to sponsor EVO this year)
  • Olive Garden (I just wanted to throw in an Italian restaurant chain in there)
  • Buffalo Wild Wings
  • Krispy Kreme Donuts
  • Ben & Jerry's
  • Funko (We need PBS Kids Pops!)
  • G-Fuel (While I know energy drinks REALLY aren't for children, the collaborations they've done in the past made me think of this)
  • Melissa & Doug

3. Things like more modes and more QOL changes.

4. I don't have much to say about this one since AlteredBeast nailed this one, but as only about 50 games released, it shouldn't be that hard to get most of them. One Collecter's Edition item I thought about is a Little Red Riding Hood Nendoroid-like figure

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
James Hiller & Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids)

The two main characters from Liberty's Kids! A show that focuses on animated recaps of true historical events in the USA! Sarah is an English immegrent and James is a teenage colonist.

I'd personally like them in as they both remind me of cute anime couples.

Since I couldn't choose between the two of them, why not just make it like to that they're fighting together like a couple? You control both at the same time and both share attacks with each other.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Rookie
Bula (The Zula Patrol)

I asked myself on this "What's the most, MOST obscure PBS Kids character I could find that has VERY LITTLE documentation up to the point where it's just really horribly documented?", after much digging, I found Bula! His show mainly revolves around teaching science and astronomy.

In terms of how he'd play, Maybe he's play like the Star Fox characters?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Since I'm cared to do the honors........

Job 245: For our 3rd Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, We figured we'd do something special with the 3. For this character job, you are to submit a character from a PBS Kids show that lasted for 3 years or less for it's initial run! Yes, any PBS Kids show that fits into that category has had a shorter lifespan than Miiverse! (2012-2017) As with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

1. 32-bit Elmo
2. Wordgirl Shine outfit
3. Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit
4. LMBM Big Bird

My character (re)submission:

Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, 2001)

As far as I'm aware, the show only lasted for one measly year, from September 2001 to October 2002. Not surprising as it's not all that popular, really.

Her show takes place in China during the late Qing Dynasty, where she and her other cat friends and family learn lessons regarding family obligations and loyalty. What's interesting about the show is that it's cross-cultural, meaning its theme song is in both English and Chinese.

She deserves a spot in the roster for many reasons. One, there have historically been barely any platform fighting games to have cats as playable fighters, and I am a cat person myself. Two, her show in general, although short-lived, was very obscure and underrated. It fits into the category of obscure 2000's PBS Kids shows. Three, her show takes place in China, which is a country that is very well-known in the USA, with Chinese being one of the most spoken languages in the world. China's THAT recognizable, and the way it's represented in her show is treated with high respect. Those are just 3 examples of my reason she deserves a spot in the roster.

Sagwa would be a lightweight character with high mobility and jumping skills and can also run very fast (Cats can run at 30 mph after all). Most of her attacks would involve swiping her paws at others. One idea for a gimmick or special move I have is a "predatory mode", where she would enter a pose where she is about to pounce something, which is something real world cats tend to do sometimes. Another idea I have for her moves is that can call upon powerful Chinese spirits to fight alongside her. So overall, her moves would be a combination of real-world cat moves and summoning mighty Chinese spirits.

On a side note, if she gets in, that means Sagwa can appear on the existing Pinball stage, as I think it's one of the only PBS Kids shows represented in the Pinball bumpers that is not currently in the game yet.
View attachment 369342
View attachment 369343

View attachment 369345

For her gimmick:

• Liberty's Kids
  • Toopy and Binoo
  • Elliot Moose
  • Seven Little Monsters
  • Animalia
  • The Zula Patrol
James Hiller & Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids)

The two main characters from Liberty's Kids! A show that focuses on animated recaps of true historical events in the USA! Sarah is an English immegrent and James is a teenage colonist.

I'd personally like them in as they both remind me of cute anime couples.

Since I couldn't choose between the two of them, why not just make it like to that they're fighting together like a couple? You control both at the same time and both share attacks with each other.
Bula (The Zula Patrol)

I asked myself on this "What's the most, MOST obscure PBS Kids character I could find that has VERY LITTLE documentation up to the point where it's just really horribly documented?", after much digging, I found Bula! His show mainly revolves around teaching science and astronomy.

In terms of how he'd play, Maybe he's play like the Star Fox characters?
Alright, this character job is now closed. Thanks to Pop for partaking in the discussion question as well as I have the things discussed about noted in my head. Before we get on to voting on the nominations...time to reveal our next three Legacy Skins that will come with Malik, Zadie and Zeke!

We have a tie between my 32-bit VSmile inspired Elmo Legacy Skin and same with Pop's Shine inspired Legacy Skin for WordGirl! However, there is a tie between my LMBM Big Big Legacy Skin and Pop's skin for Xavier Riddle wearing a cybertronic suit. I will allow Pop's Legacy Skin for Xavier Riddle to get in as I feel it is cooler. Plus, Pop's trailer for the wombats will be used so congrats to him and me for both of our content getting in.

Ok, it's time to vote now so you know the drill...vote for your top 2 nominations but your own can only come in second!

Nominations:

Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/Quirk: Predatory Mode or Chinese Spirits-Monado Arts esque gimmick

Betsy (Betsy's Kindergarden Adventures) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/Quirk: Stage Adaptation With Learning

James Hiller & Sarah Phillips (Liberty's Kids) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/Quirk: Two-in-one fighter

Bula (The Zula Patrol) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/Quirk: Spacie Playstyle (Is this much of a gimmick though?)

Onward to the next job as well!

Job 246:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our third Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

Get voting, get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Sagwa
2. Betsy

Sagwa has been one of my most wanted fighters for a good while. I loved her show as a kid, we need more quadrupedal fighters and she's so cute. Betsy is my self-vote as I feel she has a cool gimmick, basically the Rosie assist but as a fleshed-out fighter based on a character from a super obscure PBS Kids show.

James and Sarah is a great idea but they should maybe come later as we recently had a team-based fighter in the form of the wombat trio. Bula is super cool too but I have a different idea in mind for how the Zula Patrol would play as fighters but that will come when the time comes.

Stage prompt submission:

Submit a second stage for Barney and Friends based on any location seen in the series where Barney and his friends have travelled to. However, you cannot submit any of their home meeting bases as the second stage so that means you cannot submit The School seen in the earlier seasons, The Park seen in the later seasons or even the Backyard in the Backyard Gang videos.

Basically, it's been a while since we have done a series specific stage prompt since the Sesame Street-one off skit prompt. However, with Barney getting a reboot (just why?) as well as me questioning why Barney doesn't have a second stage yet confuses me due to this show's super iconic standing. You can submit any Barney location from the tv show, the home video specials, heck even the Backyard Gang videos and Barney's Great Adventure. Just no home bases allowed as we already have The Treehouse as a stage and I don't want another meeting base from Barney as the second stage.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Betsy
2. Bula

Submit a stage based on another Kratt Bros PBS Kids show! I think the only one not with a stage is Kratt's Creatures, but even I couldn't think of any more good ones at this point.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I have decided to leave voting open until Tuesday or Wednesday. Same with the stage prompt jobs to get more ideas for stage prompts in so please submit them when you can. But now, another discussion question that I forgot to ask.

Discussion Question:

We need a location for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Final! Where should the finals be held where we will crown the Champion of Learning for the Championship Circuit? Submit your ideas here and use your imagination!

My idea:

Virginia

shutterstock_661239940-scaled.jpg

Ok, this location is no New York or California but Virginia is the state where PBS's headquarters is so why not have the finals for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit in the state where PBS is headquartered? Heck, even Super Smash Con is held in this state so the finals could be held in the same venue maybe? Perfect to have vendors selling PBS Kids-related merchandise, for the sponsors of the tour to come out, etc.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, not gonna lie, I WHOLESOMELY agree with AlteredBeast's location suggestion, and I'll gladly go with that, but If I really had to choose.......

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
1679358457765.png

That's where EVO is held!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I have decided to leave voting open until Tuesday or Wednesday. Same with the stage prompt jobs to get more ideas for stage prompts in so please submit them when you can. But now, another discussion question that I forgot to ask.

Discussion Question:

We need a location for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Final! Where should the finals be held where we will crown the Champion of Learning for the Championship Circuit? Submit your ideas here and use your imagination!

My idea:

Virginia

View attachment 369584

Ok, this location is no New York or California but Virginia is the state where PBS's headquarters is so why not have the finals for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit in the state where PBS is headquartered? Heck, even Super Smash Con is held in this state so the finals could be held in the same venue maybe? Perfect to have vendors selling PBS Kids-related merchandise, for the sponsors of the tour to come out, etc.
Ok, not gonna lie, I WHOLESOMELY agree with AlteredBeast's location suggestion, and I'll gladly go with that, but If I really had to choose.......

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
View attachment 369644

That's where EVO is held!
Alright, I feel it's best to move on now. First, for fun, vote on where the Championship Circuit finale be held so vote on the poll below for fun!

Location of PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale

Now...for our 25th fighter:

Sagwa: 2
Betsy: 3
James and Sarah: 0
Bula: 1

It seems that based on two voters...the young 5-year old girl just starting kindergarten is ready for a new adventure joining the Brawltime party! Betsy from the super obscure PBS Kids show Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! so congrats to me!

As for stage prompts, we will do me and Pop's but I'm gonna bring back an older stage prompt we have done twice for the free bonus DLC characters.

Now, onto our next three jobs:

Job 247:

Submit a home stage for Betsy. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 248:

Submit a job prompt for an assist.

Job 249:

Submit a job prompt for an item.

Betsy's Stage:

Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground

e9ab29c9f4fcf3ddafaf78282960e34304f90540a174f5b6da9c78de3745ada9._SX1080_.jpg

It's quite funny that the school in Betsy's Knidergarten Adventures shares the same name with another brand of educational products for teachers, heh? Considering our stage for the wombat siblings was a competitively legal stage, I was thinking for Betsy's, why not do something on a bit bigger scale? Basically, the stage has walkoffs and you fight outside of the school. Heck, you can fight on the roof too! The building itself can't be destroyed though. There is also the playground part where you can hit the swings, seesaws, etc. Betsy's classmates as well as Mrs. O'Connor, Betsy's teacher, Mr. Warner, the principal of the school, etc. will all be in the background watching the fight either outside or in the school from the windows.

Assist and Item Job Prompts:

Submit an assist based on a character from a PBS Kids show represented in the game that's either an one-off character or minor character from their show.

Submit an item based on any school/crafting supplies from a PBS Kids show.

The assist job fits with the theme of "obscure PBS Kids content" without deconfirming any major fighters. The item job fits thematically into Betsy's show given it takes place at a school.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, AlteredBeast stole the show here, no offense, so I just have an assist prompt

Submit an assist based on a PBS Kids character who does not appear in a show, bumper, game or website, but instead appears on site maps, portals or anything simialr to that. It's kinda like P-Bot from newgrounds.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my stage for Betsy will automatically get in so well done to me! Also, I really love Pop's assist prompt idea...definitely gonna have to do research for that one but I will probably recycle an older item job prompt from before.

Now, time for three stage jobs!

Job 250:

Submit a second stage for Barney and Friends based on any location seen in the series where Barney and his friends have travelled to, anything from the show, the home video specials, even Barney's Great Adventure, etc. However, you CANNOT submit any of their home meeting bases as the second stage so that means you cannot submit The School seen in the earlier seasons, The Park seen in the later seasons or even the Backyard in the Backyard Gang videos.

Job 251:

Submit a third stage for the Kratt Bros! It can be anything from Zaboomafoo, Wild Kratts or even Kratt's Creatures!

Job 252:

Submit a stage for a PBS Kids series that is represented by an assist in the game. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Wishbone
  • Caillou
  • Adventures from the Book of Virtues
  • Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series
  • Super Why!
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Martha Speaks
  • Curious George
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Corduroy
  • Lamb Chop's Play Along
  • Splash and Bubbles
  • Rosie's Rules

Donkey Hodie and Hero Elementary are excluded as both shows got stages in the updates with the free bonus DLC fighters.

For all stages, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks if any.

Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination like always!

Barney Stage:

Mother Goose Land/The Land of Mother Goose

ezgif-4-c93fc2a8d9.jpg

From the Barney home video Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythms and was initally supposed to debut in a cancelled Barney and The Backyard Gang video involving Mother Goose; enter Mother Goose Land! Here, you fight in a land where nursery rhymes are alive. You fight first in the flower courtyard seen in the photo. You will also travel to various destinations such as The Old Woman's Shoe (where you can stand on her shoe), the pumpkin from Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater and then back to the inside of Mother Goose's cottage. Various nursery rhyme characters appear watching you fight such as Simple Simon, the mice from Hickory Dickory Dock, Jack and Jill, Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater, etc. Once again, no real hazards here aside from the fact that all the stage layouts are flat.

One gimmick though is that nursery rhymes will be recited if you attack the object in the area related to the rhyme to add to the fun.

Kratt Bros Stage:

Zobooland (Zoboomafoo)

ezgif-1-ef5bcd3318.jpg

A second stage for Zoboomafoo based on the imaginary world of Zoboo made all out of clay, a classic segment! For this stage, it will be made out of clay and have a similar layout to the basic layout of Bamboo Lodge (the Rivals of Aether stage that came with the workshop character Guadua)

ezgif-5-2d8af0bab1.jpg

I guess this stage could be a legal counterpick stage. After all, I feel the Kratt Bros series should have one competitive stage since other super iconic PBS Kids shows have one competitively legal stage under their belts like Sesame Street, Arthur, Barney and Friends, Dragon Tales, etc.

Stage for PBS Kids Series represented by assist:

Baker Aker's Bakery (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)

ezgif-3-186ef05ed2.jpg

I feel Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood deserves a stage as Donkey Hodie has one to complete the trilogy of Mister Rogers' shows having stages. Why not focus on one specific location in the Land of Make-Believe as the stage to represent Daniel Tiger? Basically, this is the bakery of Baker Aker located in the Land of Make-Believe! Here, the fighters are shrunk down to fight on the various cakes/baked goods made here. Various food/cake make up the various platforms. However, Baker Aker has gotta sell the goods so the platforms will dissapear from time to time but then return with newer foods. Stay on your toes in this fun stage. There are ledges for the cakes/baked goods but no walkoffs.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, if I'm being serious here, I REALLY want a Zobooland stage in the game, since the Zobooland sections are pretty much my most fondly remembered segments of Zoboomafoo, and Mother goose is an iconic Barney character. So I just have an assist stage.

Reeftown (Splash and Bubbles)
1679710830412.png

The stage layout can be like Jellyfish Fields in NASB, but when hazards are turned on, the gravity is reduced and feels floaty just like most underwater stages in plat-fighters. Also, as a fun little detail, all fighters in this stage will have bulged cheeks or in any way appear to be holding their breath, since it's underwater!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so Mother Goose Land and Zobooland are added as the two stages coming with Betsy. However, we still need to vote on the fourth stage coming with her from a series represented with an assist. Please vote in the Strawpoll below. Also, I don't know if we really talked about hazard toggles for the game (I don't believe so) but I feel if everyone agrees, we can add a hazard toggle feature for this update. I also forgot to announce Virginia will be the location of the Championship Circuit finale so congrats to me! After all, that is where PBS is headquartered.

Fourth Stage Coming with Betsy Poll
Baker Aker's Bakery (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Reeftown (Splash and Bubbles) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, it's time for our usual three assist jobs for DLC characters!

Job 253:

Submit an assist based on a character from Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures.

Job 254:

Submit an assist based on a character from a PBS Kids show represented in the game that's either an one-off character or minor character from their show.

Job 255:

Submit an assist based on a PBS Kids character who does not appear in a show, bumper, game or website, but instead appears on site maps, portals or anything similar to that. It's kinda like P-Bot from newgrounds.

As for all assists, explain what they do. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures Assist:

Scott

ezgif-5-401228126f.jpg

This is one of Betsy's classmates who is pretty intelligent and loves science! Basically, he will do some sort of science-related experiment or hobby to help you out. While being a lab rat in a sense or a scientist in training, he will cause damage to any fighters around him! However, when the assist meter is full, it's experiment time! Scott can concoct either something to heal the fighter he is assisting, hurting the other fighters massively, etc. Whatever happens is up to science!

One-off/Minor Character Assist:

Booker T. Bookworm (Barney and Friends)

ezgif-2-617e8437f2.jpg

Barney should get another assist too so why not go for another one of the puppet characters who appeared in only 4 episodes of the fifth season of Barney and Friends plus a home video special? Introducing the imaginary librarian of the school library, here is Booker T. Bookworm. He's quite smart but in battle...he's technically a joke assist. He's kind of the Goldeen Pokéball summon as an assist. He'll just read and read... However, when the assist meter is full, he will keep reading and have a minor chance of putting the fighters to sleep. Occasionally, he'll hand the fighter a munched up book as an useless item as he feeds on books.

Site Map/Portal PBS Kids Character:

PBS Kids Games Computer Mouse

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 11.21.51 AM.png

I had a REALLY tough time finding the perfect character for this job so I had to dig through the older versions of the PBS Kids website...here we have the Computer Mouse that used to be in the games section of the site maps but nowhere else (not to be confused with Click). Heck, I do not think this mouse has a name.

Anywho, when this little computer mouse is used as an assist, it will follow you around. You will sporadically get WarioWare-esque challenges by playing website games for a brief second. Get a question or win the game, you get an item from said series the game is from! Lose and you get nothing! When the assist meter is full, various objects from various PBS Kids website games and computer programming errors appear causing for computer trouble!

As for stage hazards, they can come with Betsy as a QOL thing. I was also thinking that for the hazards, you can create rulesets as well with certain stages having certain hazards on, remove a certain part of a traveling section if you wanted to, etc. Basically, a more refined version of the hazard toggle than SSBU has.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, AlteredBeast stole the show for me, since all those assists are actually creative and honestly good enough for me, but I'll likely have something to submit for the next few jobs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, so the fourth stage that will be added with Betsy's update will be Reeftown so congrats to Pop. Also, my three assists will be added by default! Now, onto our jobs for items!

Job 256:

Submit an item based on an item from Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures.

Job 257:

Submit an item based on any school/crafting supplies from a PBS Kids show.

Job 258:

Submit an item from a PBS Kids series represented in the game that has NO items in the game currently.

These series include:

• Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
  • Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Donkey Hodie
  • Wild Kratts
  • Zoboomafoo
  • Kratt's Creatures
  • Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
  • FETCH! With Ruff Ruffman/any Ruff Ruffman show
  • Timothy Goes to School
  • Corduroy
  • Anne of Green Gables, The Animated Series
  • Adventures from The Book of Virtues
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Wishbone
  • Jay Jay the Jet Plane
  • Theodore Tugboat
  • The Puzzle Place
  • Bill Nye the Science Guy
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Super Why!
  • Splash and Bubbles
  • Lamb Chop's Play Along
  • Plum Landing
  • Alma’s Way
  • City Island
  • Rosie’s Rules
Please let me know if I forgot any series.

Anyway, describe each item and its function for each. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures Item:

Ducky Boots

episode-image-400x225.jpg

These are the boots Betsy's grandmother sent her and she hoped she got to wear them as her class's "Weather Watcher". When a fighter puts on these boots, puddles will summon! The boots will make a quacking sound (but not really) and the water from the puddles that can be splashed at the fighters will give them damage! However, if a fighter is in close contact with the fighter playing in the rain, the fighter that's there will be sent flying!

After a while though, the boots and puddles will dissapear.

Item Based on School/Crafting Supplies:

Lucky Pencil (Arthur)

ezgif-1-1a518ad29a.jpg

It is believed that one who holds this pencil will recieve good luck! In PBS Kids: Brawltime!, this pencil will appear and the fighter holding it will be granted good luck by sketching out an item to assist them. Occassionally, they will get a SUPER strong item. May your luck lie in the pencil!

Item from PBS Kids Series with no items in the game currently:

Diamonds's Inflated Beach Ball (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

ezgif-5-b4e7517d10.jpg

Like Diamonds, you can ride around on her inflated beach ball being able to steamroll opponents out of your way! However, when you get on the beach ball, your stuck on it for a few seconds. So, be careful you do not plummet if you get offstage!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, I think those Ducky Boots are so cute they're good enough for me, so here are my others

Item Based on School/Crafting Supplies:

Paintbrush (Various)
1680175531129.png

Face it, paintbrushes have appeared in more PBS Kids shows than you can think, so the number of PBS Kids shows this item can represent is possibly countless. As an item, it's pretty versatile! When the character crouches and then holds the standard attack button, the wielder will enter a state where they will paint the floor of the stage that can damage others on contact, much like the Pizza assist in Fraymakers. It can also be used as a batting item too, where much like the Inkling, will "color" a fighter, and the colors it can color others is random, with different paint colors representing different stat debuffs, like red for continuous damage, blue for slowed movement speed, green for decreased defense, etc. When used in the air, it can make a colored damaging barrier that surrounds its wielder and shoot color bubbles too. When shielding with this item, the character hides behind a painted canvas that acts as a reflecting shield, and by lucky chance, if the projectile reflected is the same color as the canvas, the reflected projectile's damage, speed and knockback are doubled!

Big Glue Bottle (Donkey Hodie)

1680175946234.png

It starts off as a small glue bottle, but when thrown, if it makes contact with the floor or another fighter, it'll expand in size, trapping any fighter or anything it catches. You can also lure, throw or attack other fighters to the glue bottle while it's in its big state as well. During this short state, anyone caught cannot move, giving the fighter who threw it the opportunity to grab the big glue bottle like a crate in Smash Bros. (albeit more heavy to carry if more are caught, making the fighter slower when carrying it), and then by throwing the glue bottle off the stage...................

In case you're wondering, Clyde the Cloud, who's an assist in this game, can't wash away the glue in this game like the original episode. Or can he? You're to debate!

Oh look! Paintbrushes, an item I mentioned above, even appear in Donkey Hodie!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, so the fourth stage that will be added with Betsy's update will be Reeftown so congrats to Pop. Also, my three assists will be added by default! Now, onto our jobs for items!

Diamonds's Inflated Beach Ball (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse)

View attachment 369996

Like Diamonds, you can ride around on her inflated beach ball being able to steamroll opponents out of your way! However, when you get on the beach ball, your stuck on it for a few seconds. So, be careful you do not plummet if you get offstage!

Big Glue Bottle (Donkey Hodie)

View attachment 370048

It starts off as a small glue bottle, but when thrown, if it makes contact with the floor or another fighter, it'll expand in size, trapping any fighter or anything it catches. You can also lure, throw or attack other fighters to the glue bottle while it's in its big state as well. During this short state, anyone caught cannot move, giving the fighter who threw it the opportunity to grab the big glue bottle like a crate in Smash Bros. (albeit more heavy to carry if more are caught, making the fighter slower when carrying it), and then by throwing the glue bottle off the stage...................

In case you're wondering, Clyde the Cloud, who's an assist in this game, can't wash away the glue in this game like the original episode. Or can he? You're to debate!

Oh look! Paintbrushes, an item I mentioned above, even appear in Donkey Hodie!
Ok, so the item ideas of the Ducky Boots, Lucky Pencil and Paintbrush will get in by default. However, we need to vote on a fourth item to join the Betsy update between the PBS Kids series without items in the game as of now. Please vote on the Strawpoll below.

Fourth Item Poll
Diamonds's Inflated Beach Ball (Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Big Glue Bottle (Donkey Hodie) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onward to our next job which is of course, the spectacle of DLC characters, the moveset!

Job 259:

Create/design a moveset for Betsy. Keep in mind her gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it should involve something with stage adaptation and gaining stat buffs as the battle goes on and the liking. Get submitting and use your imagination!

I have a moveset in mind for her, here you go!

Betsy
Series:
Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures
Debut: How It All Began/Lost and Found (January 12th, 2008)

images.jpeg

"I can't remember seeing such a crazy place in my whole entire life. I felt sad and nervous and....I wasn't the only one."

Betsy is a lightweight with above-average mobility and decently average stats but is a glass cannon due to her only being a kindergartener. She is a combo fiend as she is known for having a great advantage state thanks to her light moves being great for that task. However, like most fighters around her weight class, she cannot escape the disadvantage state. Her moveset is quite simple yet complex as being a student, the longer your in school, the more prpepared you will be for anything! However, it's important to note that while her special moves can do some damage, most of them have long setup times/cooldown times so be careful when using them!

Gimmick:

Stage Adaptation with Learning

Similar to what Pop initially proposed for a gimmick for Rosie, Betsy has a gimmick involving learning. As in her show, she gets into new situations and thus must learn to adapt to them. Throughout the battle, she will become adapted to the stage she is fighting on and gain some stat buffs helping her throughout the battle. Because of this, it will play a huge part in her Neutral Special covered below! However, once you get KOd, your learning must begin again so be careful with the knowledge you gain!
Moveset:

Light Neutral: Have Some Tea

From Mrs. O'Connor's tea party, Betsy brought some tea for the fighters. When using this move, Betsy will pour some tea into a glass cup and offer it to a fighter. When using the stronger variant of this move, Betsy will simply be a bit more vigorous not having the best manners.

Light Up: Clean Up!

It seems playtime is over now! For this move, Betsy will simply be seen holding some blocks to put away on what she would put on a high shelf. The stronger variant of this move causes her to push the blocks upward more aggressively to send the fighters flying. The best out of the light moves for combo starting if using the lighter variant!

Light Down: Pick Up The Trash

It's always important to clean up the Earth! For this move, Betsy will pick up a piece of trash from the ground, it's the most spammable of the light moves. The stronger variant will cause her to pick up the trash more aggressively from the ground.

Neutral Special: Learning with Growing

This is the most complicated move in her moveset. Basically, this move connects with Betsy's gimmick. This move has five different moves but it's a roulette-esque as the move switches everytime you use the move! As you adapt to the stage, your Neutral Special moves will become more powerful! However, some of the special moves have slower startup so be careful!

Each possible Neutral Special move is based on a topic covered in the show.

This is the order each Neutral Special goes in by this move being like a rouletter with the same order.

Betsy's Green Thumb: In this move, Betsy will grow a plant right away. The plants will be there for a while and if your on a plant growing, you'll be sent flying! As you keep adapting to the stage, you can grow more plants to cover the stage to send more opponents flying!

Vowel Buying: In this move, Betsy will spell out a short word with three letters. The word will take up some space but it will take some time to build the word on the stage so be careful when using this Neutral Special move! As you keep adapting to the stage, you'll build bigger words to take up more space on the stage!

Weather Watching: In this move, Betsy will set up some weather vanes and weather watching tools to watch for some weather! As your weather tools are on the stage, the sun will appear on the stage as a bumper in the sky to deflect the fighters. As you keep adapting to the stage, lightning will strike across the stage when setting up the weather tools to damage the fighters as well as rain to push the fighters off the stage! Super good for stage coverage!

Adding Up The Numbers: This move is similar to Digit's Neutral Special but for Betsy, it involves addition. Here, Betsy will get 2 numbers when holding down the special button. However, the numbers go at a faster rate and have to be placed down quickly. When done with the equation, the sum of the nubers is the amount of damage the fighters get. As you keep adapting to the stage, the numbers will go up by 5s and then by 10s! Great to rack up some damage!

Good Nutrition: This move will cause Betsy to grow food that she can only get and consume to recover a little bit of health! This move doesn't do damage but it once again takes a while to perform so be careful! As you keep adapting to the stage, you'll grow more vegetables efficiently for yourself!

Up Special: Jumping for Joy!

For good exercise, Betsy will just jump! This is probably the worst move in her moveset as it does not have much height. Therefore, her recovery is not that great. Alongside this, anyone above Betsy while she is jumping will get some damage but not too much.

Down Special: Recess Fun!

It's every kindergarten student's favorite part of the day, recess! Basically, another roulette-esque move but not too complex. A piece of playground equipment will be summoned when using this move. All moves have not the best startup so be careful! You can either summon a merry-go-round which Betsy can hop on and spin cauing any fighter in the way to get damage, a slide where Betsy can clim onto it and slide down knocking opponents out of the way and monkey bars where she can climb through them knocking any fighter out of the way. The monkey bars are best for horizontal recovery if off stage.

Entrance:

Betsy arrives on a school bus driven by Bus Driver Bob.

Taunt:

Betsy will show off her moves that she used in a game of power hopscotch by jumping and doing front flips!

Victory Animation:

Betsy alongside her class, Mrs. O'Connor, her parents, Gracie, Kitty, Sydney and Mr. Warner will all celebrate a well-earned victory!

Losing Animation:

Betsy looks upset as she let down her class.

This moveset was kinda tough to put together given the obscurity of Betsy's show but I feel this will do. Not my best moveset but I tried.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Eh, that moveset's good to me, since the gimmick was based on my idea anyway, lol. I'm looking forward to submitting the story mode chapter and reveal trailer though.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
As I said before, Betsy’s moveset is nowhere near my favorite moveset I’ve done but it works for her. My moveset for Betsy got in as well as the fourth item that will come with Betsy will be the Big Glue Bottle so congrats to Pop. Now onto the next two jobs!

Job 260:

Write a Learning Book set for Betsy.

Job 261:

Submit a DLC story mode chapter focused on Betsy! Like the chapters we have done for the two bonus fighters, Bob the Builder and the wombat trio, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for Betsy:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • More Tea Coming Up (Betsy’s Light Neutral will come out faster)
    • Saving The Earth With More Confidence! (Betsy's Light Down will deal more damage.)
    • Jump High, Betsy! (Betsy will gain more height for her Up Special.)
    • Cleaning Up Faster (Betsy's Light Up will come out faster!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Learning is Fun! (As for her Neutral Special, Betsy will simply have quicker access to stronger versions of each of her Neutral Special moves.)
    • Good Job, Betsy! (Now, Betsy gains a stat buff to assist her!)
    • Double Tea for All! (For Betsy’s Light Neutral, she will get two teacups)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Extra Recess! (For Betsy’s Down Special, she can summon two pieces of playground equipment at once!)
    • Jump Twice, Betsy! (Now, when in midair, Betsy can perform her Up Special twice! Plus, it can deal more damage!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Student of the Fight! (Now, for Betsy’s Neutral Special, she gets automatic access to the Strongest move in every Neutral Special as she is now the best student in the fight!)

I may submit a Story Mode chapter later but I want someone else to have a shot at it since I have done every Story Mode chapter for the DLC fighters thus far. Alongside this, I was typing this on my phone since my laptop isn’t loading the PBS Kids: Brawltime! thread properly due to PrattBoards I presume! Now, the thread properly works but I now have writer's block for the Story Mode and I feel my idea for Betsy's story mode is not the greatest. But, happy writing regardless!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Am I too late on this? Ah well, here's my Betsy story mode chapter ;)

DLC Story Mode Chapter for Betsy:

Anomalous attendance roll call

The chapter starts off with Betsy in a hi-tech futuristic anime suit watching over the whole neon-gaming-tech city on top of a tall futuristic gaming building, along with her other 7 classmates, who are also dressed in hi-tech futuristic anime suits.

Betsy: (through narration) So, you maybe wondering how did I end up here? Usually, you'd see me in my kindergarten class, doing fun activities with my other classmates. Well, it all started on a regular day just like that.......

cuts to a cutscene where Betsy is in front of her home just about to get on the bus where Bus Driver Bob drives her and the rest of her classmates to Lakeshore Elementary School. When they arrive there, they all get off the bus and walk their way towards the school

Scott: Well, another day, another school day, I guess!

Betsy: Heh, yeah, I wonder what exactly we'll learn today?

All 8 students enter Mrs. O'Connor's classroom and take their seats

Mrs. O'Connor: Oh, how delightful it is for all my students to all arrive just in time! Today, we're going to learn about apples and bananas!

Mrs. O'Connor's students "oohs"

Mrs. O'Connor: But first, I need to get the attendence first! Betsy!

Betsy: Here!

Mrs. O'Connor: Billy!

Billy: Here!

Mrs. O'Connor: Scott!

Scott: Here!

Mrs. O'Connor: Molly!......

Suddenly, the whole school begins to shake. Betsy investigates the classroom to see what's causing all that ruckus. She then looks out the window to see none other than the Anomaly rushing towards Lakeshore Elementary School

Betsy: Guys!!! There's purple monster heading to this school!

Everyone gasps and looks at the window to see the Anomaly getting closer and closer

Sarah: Aaaaaah! Whatever that thing is, RUN!!!!!!

Betsy screams and runs out of Lakeshore Elementary School for her life while her other 7 classmates run right behind her with Mrs. O'Connor following suit as the Anomaly pulverizes Lakeshore Elementary School in its path! While the 8 kids were able to outrun the Anomaly, Mrs. O'Connor was not, as the Anomaly got a hold of her and enslaved her!

Betsy: Mrs. O'Conner! no!

As the students keep running, they are then sucked into a green portal that appeared to save them from the Anomaly, to which all 8 kids are now travelling through energy tunnels
screenshot.1.jpg

Billy: Wooooooaaaah! This.....this is probably more awesome than any ride I've ever ridden!

Betsy: Yes! But we lost our teacher!!! And where are we anyway???

Molly: I don't know!!!

Just then, each of Betsy's classmates seemed to get sucked into different energy paths, thus separating all 8 of Mrs. O'Connor's students

screenshot.2.jpg

Betsy: No!!!!

*Betsy was then transported to the Land of No-Learning, where she discovered that it's such an empty place that seem that she was transported to the worst case scenario while her classmates were all seemingly transported to different lands. Since then, Betsy was doomed to remain in those lands, alone. 3 years have passed (even though Betsy didn't age or change one bit), and she was still alone, lonely and despondent, and wondering if she'll ever see her classmates again, when all of a sudden, she just happened to stumble upon someone with glasses and all-too-familiar to her.

Betsy: S-Scott?

Scott: Yeah, Betsy, it's me! Scott, remember?

Betsy: Yeah! I thought I'd never see you again......they hug So where were you all this time? I rememeber we were all about to learn about apples and bananas and then some purple monster chased us all the way here!

Scott: I was alone, until I found you! That's a good thing, I assume.

Betsy: But do you know where are the others? Where are they all at?

Scott: Well, I don't know, but I think they're all here on this.......place!

Betsy: Really Scott? Well then, it looks like I'm really not alone after all! she smiles in relief

Scott: Yeah, it's true

Betsy: Once we find all of our classmates we can go and find Mrs. O'Connor! I bet she needs our help!

Scott: Sounds great to me, Betsy! Let's go!

The whole level of Betsy's story mode chapter actually plays out like a Metroidvania (kinda like the Great Maze in SSE), with a non-linear level featuring save points and teleport zones between different areas of the World of No-Learning, along with lots of enemy fights along the way. The whole point of the level is Betsy has to adapt to the different conditions of the different lands as well as the enemies there, such as snow being very windy and had to see, forest and water areas having so many traps, and desert areas being so hot that Betsy needs to find a way to cool herself from time to time using either water wells or ice-related items and enemies. Her goal is to find and rescue her remaining 6 classmates who are all scattered around the whole land. Below are scripts for the different cutscenes depending on the classmate found and rescued. The "hub" of the level displays all classmates who have been rescued so far

After Molly is rescued:

Molly: Well if it isn't Betsy herself! I've been lost here for years, and I thought nobody would find me! You have my thanks, Betsy!

Betsy: Your welcome Molly!

After Sarah is rescued:

Sarah: giggles Uh, thanks, Betsy! When I got here, it was pretty scary, I was alone and there were all those purple creatures all around!

Betsy: Don't worry, Sarah, you're safe now!

After Kenji is rescued:

Kenji: Aw, thanks, Betsy, this place just isn't as awesome as school, you know?

Betsy: I know, right? But soon, we'll all get back!

After Maria is rescued:

Maria shivers in fear while covering her eyes

Betsy: Awwww, Maria, I'm sure everything will be ok! Come on, let's get you to safety!

After Newton is rescued:

Newton: Betsy! Long time no see! How have you been?

Betsy: Great, Newton, let's go before all those purple creatures spot us!

After Billy is rescued:

Billy: Haha! This is cool! Betsy found me! I'm free! I'm free!

Betsy: Yes you are my friend! Let's go to the base shall we?

During the classmate cutscenes, they all end with Betsy and the rescued classmate witnessing events that happened in the main story mode from a distance

After all classmates are rescued, Betsy and company are then all transported by the crystal into the Anomaly dimension, like in the main story mode

Molly: W-What is this place?

Scott: Beats me! This place is all dark and...I really can't explain this place!

Betsy: Well maybe that's where we can find our teacher! She's probably in trouble! Come on everyone, let's go!

It transitions to another platforming section where Betsy has to protect her classmates from the Anomaly's minions until the end of the stage, to which they found a trapped Mrs. O'Connor*

Betsy: Mrs. O'Connor?!

Mrs. O'Connor: Oh, Betsy! I'd thought you'd never come! Quick, you must go! That thing has taken too much of everything!

Betsy: Never, Mrs. O'Connor! We will fight through this! Till the very end!

The Anomaly makes a massive copy of Mrs. O'Connor that acts as the boss here. Betsy then has to defeat the boss in order to progress

Betsy and the other classmates free Mrs. O'Connor

Mrs. O'Connor: Well done, class! I never thought you'd all be very noble to come to rescue me!

Billy: Don't mention it, Mrs. O'Connor, We're just doing what's best!

Betsy: notices the area is starting to shake Everyone for themselves!

Mrs. O'Connor and her class all huddle together as a big explosion of light engulfs them. When they all opened their eyes, they find themselves in the middle of a group of other reunited PBS Kids show characters in a plain, grassy field

Betsy: Well, that was quite the adventure indeed!

Billy: Yeah! it surely was!

Molly: Good thing we all escaped from that hideous purple monster!

Kenji: Yeah, it sure was!

Mrs. O'Connor, no doubt about it class!

Scott: Hmmm, now how do we get back to our lesson?.....

Sarah: Well, honestly, we're not home anymore..........what do we do now?......

Mrs. O'Connor and her students all notice a neon-gaming-futurestic-tech city in the distance

Billy: Hey, why not there?

Scott: According to my calculations, I found out that this place has tons of fun!

Sarah: Really? Wow!

Newton: Looks good I'll admit

Betsy: Well, what are you all waiting for? Let's go!

Cuts back to the present, where Betsy is in a hi-tech futuristic anime suit watching over the whole neon-gaming-tech city on top of a tall futuristic gaming building

Betsy: So as you can see, that's how it all happened. All it took was for me to adapt to all those scary environemtns so I could gain the courage to rescue all my friends, and my teacher too!

End

Notes:
  • The fact the Mrs. O'Connor teaches about apples and bananas in the beginning of the story mode chapter is suppoesed to be a reference to Pico's School, where Pico's teacher was teaching the same thing before chaos ensues.
  • The energy tunnel was supposed to reference the Mario Movie, lol. I know that most don't tend to reference things that just came out, but the Mario Movie came out today, and the warp pipe scene looked so cool and representing of how I envisioned that scene. I will definitely see it this weekend!
  • I was trying to go for the whole "Betsy adapt to more unknown lands" kind of thing for her

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, enough time has passed and my Learning Book Set for Betsy along with Pop's story mode chapter idea for Betsy will get in. I quite like Betsy's story mode idea being a Metroidvania-esque level where she has to find her classmates. Something I would have not thought of. Now, onto the next job being event matches!

Job 262:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Betsy. Similar to the past four DLC fighters in a way, I feel one of the events should focus around Betsy. I feel like you can do event matches about the new stages in the update being either Mother Goose Land, Zobooland or Reeftown or even an event match based around one of the newer assists or items! It does not have to be the same thought process I have but just focus the event matches on the new content that comes with the update. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Event #Extra01: Betsy the Weather Watcher
Event description:
Betsy is now the "Weather Watcher" for Mrs. O'Connor's class! With the help of Scott, they must build some weather tools to accurately report back the weather to their classmates! However, Betsy hopes it rains so she can wear her new Ducky Boots. Can the rain come so she can wear them?
Player: Betsy
Assist: Scott
Stage: Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground
Opponent(s): 3 Random Opponents for Every Playthrough
Event objective: As Betsy, you need to KO your opponents with Scott when his assist meter is full. Then, once all three opponents are KOd, there will be a rain effect to the stage and you have to grab the Ducky Boots item that spawn. However, the Ducky Boots will spawn beforehand. Get KOd or you grab the Ducky Boots item before the rain, you fail the event match.
References: The Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures episode Boots, Boots, Boots where Betsy was assigned Weather Watcher and Scott helped set up some weather watching tools

Event #Extra02: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
Event description:
The Anomaly are attacking Mother Goose Land. Can you help us....can you?
Player: Barney
Assist: BJ
Allies: Dash x2, Dot x2 and Ms. O (Representing Jeff, Robert, Emily, Jill and Keisha)
Stage: Mother Goose Land
Opponent(s): Anomaly-Enslaved Opponents x75 for each area of the traveling stage.
Event objective: It's a no-frills Multi-Anomaly Mayhem battle in Mother Goose Land! Basically, you need to KO all the Anomaly Minions with Barney and his friends. However, the various sections of the stage with buildings and structures can be destroyed by the Anomaly. If you get KOd or any of the structures in Mother Goose Land get destroyed, you fail the event match.
References: The Barney and Friends home video Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythm except the events and fun in Mother Goose Land get interrupted by the Anomaly. Also, the event match title is a reference to the rhyme Emily says at the end of the video to Barney when he turns back into a toy.

Event #Extra03: All Fun, All Play in Zobooland
Event description:
It seems like Zoboo lost his animal friends he hangs out with in Zobooland! And, they all seem to be hiding because of some strangers who intruded their homeward! Luckilly, Chris and Martin are here to help out their buddy find all his friends and restore peace to Zobooland!
Player: Chris and Martin
Stage: Zobooland
Opponent(s): Waves consisting of Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Digit, Lionel, Cheeko, Donkey and Malik, Zadie and Zeke
Event objective: In this event match, you need to KO the waves of opponents attacking you. Then, you must rescue the animal friend that appears on stage. However, the animal friend won't be on the stage for too long. Each one of Zoboo's friends that you collect will appear on the top left part of the screen to show which friends you collected. You must complete 9 waves to rescue all of Zoboo's animal friends. If you get KOd or fail to rescue an animal friend in time, you fail the event match.
References: The Zoboomafoo video game Zoboomafoo: Playtime in Zobooland

Event #Extra04: Colors All Around...All Around the World!
Event description:
For every boy and girl!
Stage: The Secret Museum (only on The Joy of Painting section)
Opponent(s): Elmo, Ruff Ruffman, Big Bird, Dash, Ord, Teletubbies (only Tinky Winky), Barney
Event objective: In this event match, you must simply use the Paintbrush item that spawns often in this event match to paint each character with their respective colors. On the top middle of the screen, there will be an ink blob of a color. Paint the character with the same color. There will also be a counter letting you know how many opponents you have painted correctly. You will get a strike though if you a paint a character the incorrect color. Three strikes and your out! If you get KOd or get three strikes, you fail the event match.
References: No specific PBS Kids show reference outside of those that talk about colors/have segments involving painting characters the right color, etc. Also, the opponents are all the colors of the rainbow. The title of the event match as well as the event description are a reference to the Barney and Friends song Colors All Around. Let's not forget the stage of choice in the event is also a non-PBS Kids reference to the show The Joy of Painting which has to do with painting as well.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I'm SUPER late on this. So I did have an idea for an event match for ZobooLand where the player (can be ANY fighter) is tasked with rescuing all of Zoboo's Zobooland friends by defeating opponents (Some of my ideas include Cheeko for Fibby, Big Bird for Wiggy WaxWing, Arthur for Noggendrill, Ruff Ruffman for Green Puppy, Barney for Zoboomafooasaurus, Molly Mabray for Snow Lemur, Teletubbies (albiet Tinky Winky only) for Gooble, guess why I chose them), but I think AlteredBeast AlteredBeast took this a bit more creatively, so I have to give some credit.

I look forward to submitting something for the next jobs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my events for Betsy will be used. Alongside this, you may not that the event for Splash and Bubbles in the Bob the Builder has been updated since we added a stage based on Reeftown. I have decided that appropriately, if you buy Betsy's pack or bought the first Learner's Pass, Reeftown will be the stage for the Splash and Bubbles event "The Ultimate Game of Hide and Seek".

Now, onward to our next two jobs, to the PBS Kids Archives!

Job 263:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Betsye update. We'll need one episode from Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures. However, there were no new PBS Kids shows recieving first-time content in Betsy's update besides updates. Therefore, we will be having a ton of bonus episodes based on the content that comes with her! Submit episodes from the PBS Kids shows based around the new content. Also, you can also submit one additional episode that has nothing to do with the content coming with Betsy.

Job 264:

Submit 4 PBS Kids Website games and 2 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 4 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 2 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

My episodes for the PBS Kids Archives:

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures:

Boots, Boots, Boots/Team Player

Barney and Friends:

Let's Help Mother Goose!

A Fountain of Fun

Arthur:

Binky Barnes, Art Expert/Arthur's Lucky Pencil

Zoboomafoo:

Playtime

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum:

I Am Bob Ross

Splash and Bubbles:

My Son, The Frogfish/A Day for Papa

Jay Jay the Jet Plane:

Concert Day at Tarrytown Airport/Snuffy's Favorite Color

The Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures episode I chose is self-explanatory since we have the Ducky Boots item and an event based off of the first half of the episode.

Barney and Friends has two episodes. Let's Help Mother Goose! was one of the earlier Barney and Friends episodes featuring Mother Goose and we have a stage based on her homeworld. I felt we needed a park-era episode so I went with A Fountain of Fun since that episode has the song Colors All Around.

The Arthur episode I chose is primarily due to the second half featuring the Lucky Pencil item.

The Zoboomafoo episode I chose revealed Zobooland was created in the heads of the Kratt Bros and Zoboo.

The Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum episode is a reference to the event match. Plus, Bob Ross is a PBS all star and was in the show (not the actual Bob Ross though). I am still holding out for a sole Joy of Painting stage in a free DLC update to add representation for the PBS adult block.

Any Splash and Bubbles episode can work but the synopsis for the two I found could work well as they focus around Reeftown.

Finally, I felt we needed a second set of Jay Jay the Jet Plane episodes. This time, we have episodes that first debuted on PBS Kids instead of the original CGI episodes premiering on TLC. Plus, these episodes have to do with color so why not? They are fun episodes.

Website Games:

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures Meet Betsy and Friends Webpage and Games

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 2.38.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 2.41.09 PM.jpg

Barney and Friends: Let's Play in The Park

jocuri_1448655294.png

Zoboomafoo: Going to The Closet

bandicam 2020-11-30 09-55-07-911.jpg

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Hidden Heroes

xavier-riddle-hidden-heroes.jpg

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures does not have that big of a webpage so its basically her whole webpage in the Archives. You get a "Learning About Characters" page and two games. The games will have the ability to color Betsy and do the maze with on-screen crayons/paint/papers.

I felt that we needed a Barney and Friends website game and I felt we needed more park-era Barney content. So, why not have Let's Play in The Park?

Any Zoboomafoo game works but I think I remember the game Going In The Closet. You don't need Flash for the game obviously.

Finally, we need more modern PBS Kids website games and we have an event match that takes place on one part of the Secret Museum stage. That's why I felt Hidden Heroes would be the perfect game for Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum.

Video Games:

Barney's Hide and Seek Game

hqdefault.jpg

Zoboomafoo (Zobooland): Playtime in Zobooland

614QlZKBcGL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I was going to submit Barney: The Land of Make Believe for the VSmile or a Barney and Friends PC game but I'm saving that for another update. We should have more video games from video game consoles besides just PC games and edutainment consoles. Plus, I believe this is one of the older games based on a PBS Kids show from the 90s.

The Zoboomafoo game is an obvious choice because of the event match being based off of the game itself. It's an interesting game for sure for its platforming elements.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I just have two web games and a video game

Web games:
Barney's Coloring Book
1681351067730.png

Because coloring is fun and encourages creativity. Printing functions just won't work here

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Story Creator
1681351159165.png

Think I submitted that last time, but it didn't make it.

Video game:
Thomas the Tank Engine (SNES)
1681351222903.png

Why not? It's iconic

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Barney and Friends: Let's Play in The Park

View attachment 370666

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Hidden Heroes

View attachment 370668

Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures does not have that big of a webpage so its basically her whole webpage in the Archives. You get a "Learning About Characters" page and two games. The games will have the ability to color Betsy and do the maze with on-screen crayons/paint/papers.

I felt that we needed a Barney and Friends website game and I felt we needed more park-era Barney content. So, why not have Let's Play in The Park?

Any Zoboomafoo game works but I think I remember the game Going In The Closet. You don't need Flash for the game obviously.

Finally, we need more modern PBS Kids website games and we have an event match that takes place on one part of the Secret Museum stage. That's why I felt Hidden Heroes would be the perfect game for Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum.

Video Games:

Barney's Hide and Seek Game

View attachment 370669
I just have two web games and a video game

Web games:
Barney's Coloring Book
View attachment 370723
Because coloring is fun and encourages creativity. Printing functions just won't work here

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Story Creator
View attachment 370724
Think I submitted that last time, but it didn't make it.

Video game:
Thomas the Tank Engine (SNES)
View attachment 370725
Why not? It's iconic

Alright, so all the episodes I put forward will be added to the PBS Kids Archives. In terms of the webpage games, I have decided by default, the webpage for Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures with those two small games alongside the Zoboomafoo game will be added just for variety sake. I do feel we should at least add one website game per PBS Kids show represented by a fighter in this game.

Therefore, we need to vote on which Barney and Friends webpage game and which Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum webpage game should be added to the Archives. Vote on the polls below.

Barney and Friends Website Game Poll
Barney and Friends: Let's Play in The Park AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Barney's Coloring Book PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum Website Game Poll
Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Hidden Heroes AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum: Story Creator PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also, we still need to decide on two video games to join the PBS Kids Archives so vote in the elimination poll as well.

PBS Kids Archives Video Game Elimination Poll
Barney's Hide and Seek Game for SEGA Genesis
Zoboomafoo (Zobooland): Playtime in Zobooland for the Nintendo GameBoy Color
Thomas the Tank Engine: Adventure Series for SNES

Personally, as much as I love Thomas the Tank Engine and the soundtrack of the SNES game, I feel that game should not be added right now. In my opinion, we should focus on adding video games from PBS Kids shows into the Archives that have fighters on the roster before the non-fighter franchises. I have another idea for what the first Thomas and Friends video game should be but I definitely would want the SNES game in at some point.

Now, it's time for our next two jobs:

Legacy Skins and Reveal Trailer Script Time!

Job 265:

• Arthur
  • The Kratt Bros
  • WordGirl
  • Lionel
  • Xavier Riddle
  • Elmo
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Ord
  • Bob the Builder
These ten characters already have Legacy Skins so I feel we should give other characters Legacy Skins.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Betsy. She can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

big-bird-portrait_0.jpg

Resubmitting Digit in Robotic Gaming Suit

Unknown-1.png

a00c1a88cc9b0eedc1b1894e08fae1ea--combat-suit-ds-max.jpg

Based on the epilogue of the story mode, Digit is seen dressed up and ready to game in a robotic gaming suit. Nothing too flashy, just his attacks have more flashy-ish aesthetics to reflect his gaming suit. Also, recently, it has been one year since Gilbert Gotfried passed away so this is in memoriam of him. R.I.P. Gilbert Gotfried.

Mister Rogers in Black and White with TV Static

f8b91c99-85ba-4125-a992-da471acd07f4_750x422.jpg

Mister Rogers should get a Legacy Skin as well so why not give him a skin based on the first season of Mister Rogers' Neiughborhood where it was shown in black and white? Simply, Mister Rogers will appear in black and white a TV static aesthetic that is only for show. Alongside this, all of his attacks are black and white as well with the TV static aesthetic change. No properties of the attacks have been altered. It has also been 20 years since Mister Rogers so this is in memoriam of an icon and PBS all star. R.I.P. Fred Rogers.

Trailer for Betsy:

The PBS Kids Basics of Brawling and Learning

We start off with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters, Bob the Builder and Malik, Zadie and Zeke.

We then cut to a very strange looking schoolhouse setting on an old PC screen similar to the setting of Sonic's Schoolhouse and Baldi's Basics where we see Announcer Bunny standing in the hallway as a early-90s esque 64ish bit model but his mouth doesn't move when he talks. You see glimpses of posteres based on PBS Kids shows represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! on the walls and such.

42E359096D05E4E8B8E8F791B0149FC46B959B8A.jpeg

(Basically something like this)

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to tell you all, welcome to the PBS Kids Schoolhouse of Education and Learning! Get ready to learn! Be sure to solve all the problems across the school so then you can go on a field trip! Thank youuuuuu!

We then see you, assuming the point of view of an unknown avatar in the first-person view exploring the school. You also see various 3D 64-bit models of PBS Kids characters in the school. Throughout this time, we see you solve simple math and reading problems.

During this time, we see various PBS Kids problems say things but with muffled audio similar to edutainment games from that era.

After you solve two math problems, you'll see Molly Mabray in the hallway saying:

Molly Mabray: Your doing great!

After you tour the school for a little and solve some reading problems, you'll see Lionel in the hallway saying:

Lionel: Keep on going! Your a great reader!

We keep seeing you solve math problems. You even see Elmo trying to follow you around the school and he says while trying to follow you similar to Playtime from Baldi's Basics but in a non-scary matter.

Elmo: Elmo loves learning!

Alongside this, you will gain therefore little bus icons to indicate when it's time for the field trip as well as....a familiar looking green invite.

Finally, you finish solving all the math problems. Announcer Bunny's model pops back on the screen and says:

Announcer Bunny: Well done! You solved all the math and reading problems! Now, it's time for a special class trip! All aboard the Magic School Bus!

We then head out to the back of the school where you see a 64-bit model of Ms. Frizzle by the Magic School Bus.

We then see the heads of Dash, Dot, Big Bird, Elmo, Arthur, Lionel, Molly Mabray, Xavier Riddle, Buster, Malik, Zadie and Zeke and WordGirl on the bus with Ms. Frizzle at the front.

Ms. Frizzle: Seatbelts, everyone!

We then see some sort of strange video appear on the screen. We also see Dash's face on the side similar to how on the Sonic's Schoolhouse bus, the character who is narrating about an animal video's face is in on the side.

Dash: I wonder where we will go today!

We then cut to a video of a familar looking school building with a playground. Then, all of a sudden, the game shows off a new setting never seen before.

We see all the 3D 64-bit models get off the bus and they all seem to be relaxing. Then, as the first person avatar, we then see a familar looking little girl come to you.

The little girl: Who are you people? I have not met you all before.

Elmo: Hello Betsy, Elmo will be your friend!

Dash: Oh hey....I have not seen you in AGES. Say, I think we have something for you.

Announcer Bunny then pops up again.

Announcer Bunny: Now then, please hand the little girl the special invite we have for her.

We then see the mouse cursor click on the invite.

The familiar looking girl with the pink dress is surrounded by her class and teacher sees the invite.

Little Girl: Well, let me introduce myself! My name is Betsy and now I'm invited to the Brawltime Party! Yippee! Time for a new adventure!

Announcer Bunny: Welcome Betsy!

Everyone then cheers.

We then see Betsy get into a pose and then we see an introduction screen pop up:

Introducing Betsy! (Betsy stands next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Betsy!")

We then cut to gameplay footage of Betsy on the Magic School Bus stage ready to fight against Ms. Frizzle, Elmo and Dash. In the background, we hear a remix of the Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures theme.

Betsy: I have never been on this kind of adventure! They seem like fun people to play with!

We see her use various Light Moves on fighters such as her Light Neutral on Molly on the Denali Trading Post Stage, her Light Up on Elmo on Tickle Land and her Light Down on Hacker on Cyberspace. Therefore, we see both variants of the Light moves.

Molly: She sure seems to know her way around things! How extraordinary!

We then cut to footage of the Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground stage where we see Betsy fight against Xavier Riddle and Arthur.

Betsy: And, this is my school!

Arthur: It's quite different from my school!

We see the various playground equipment being used and a zoom-in on the background characters being Betsy's classmates, Mrs. O'Connor, Bus Driver Bob, etc. We alongside this see her Down Special in action.

Betsy: Recess can be so fun!

We even see her Up Special in action on Xavier Riddle.

Then, we see Scott appear on stage next to Betsy.

Scott: According to my calculations, these fighters seem to be quite the challenge! Allow me to assist!

We see footage of Scott's assist on the Bill Nye's Lab stage on Digit, Hacker and Ruff Ruffman and what he does. Alongside this, we even see footage of Betsy's event match Betsy the Weather Watcher where Betsy fights against Big Bird, Teletubbies and Cheeko. We then see rain appear and we see her use the Ducky Boots.

Betsy: These Ducky Boots are amazing thanks to my grandma!

Finally, we then see Betsy's gimmick in action.

Betsy: I have learned so much things thanks to Mrs. O'Connor.

We see her gain some buffs and we see her Neutral Special covered. We see the names of the move on the screen with each Neutral Special move being done alongside her gaining stat buffs.

• Betsy's Green Thumb and its more buffed forms on Cheeko on the EekoHouse stage
  • Vowel Buying on Lionel and WordGirl on the Busterfield Library stage
  • Weather Watching on Ms. Frizzle on the Magic School Bus stage
  • Adding Up The Numbers on Digit and Ruff Ruffman on the Ruff Ruffman's Studio stage
  • And, Good Nutrition with Betsy growing vegetables by Dash on the PTV Park stage
Betsy: Thanks to all the adventures I have been on, this new adventure is about to be fun!

Finally, we see Betsy across various stages or field trips as I should call it.

We see her on various stages like the Secret Museum stage with Xavier Riddle with the Yadina Riddle assist, Sesame Street with Big Bird and Elmo, Bobsville Castle with Bob, Barney and Ord and the Island of Sodor.

However, after all the gameplay montage is done, we then cut back to the PBS Kids Schoolhouse of Education and Learning game. The theme song for Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures gets cut off. Suddenly, some purple-ish monster glitch is approaching ala like Baldi in Baldi's Basics. Then, suddenly, the game crashes with purple static waves and we see Betsy running out transitioning into her regular 2D form.

Betsy screaming: WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?!?!

We then cut to black after that.

We then see Betsy being added to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with all the base roster characters, the two free bonus characters, Bob the Builder and Malik, Zadie and Zeke by it.

Announcer Bunny: Well, I guess that field trip did not go quite as planned then! Besides, the good news is, Betsy joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as your third Learner's Pass Vol. 1 Fighter! Her Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as the update containing them will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

This trailer introduces:

• Betsy, her moveset and her Stage Adaption With Learning gimmick
  • Lakeshore Elementary School and Playground as her home stage
  • Scott as an assist and his function
  • The Ducky Boots item
  • A look at the event match Betsy the Weather Watcher
  • A hint that like the other DLC fighters, she will recieve a Story Mode chapter
For Betsy's trailer, I wanted her trailer to be a tribute to games like Baldi's Basics and Sonic's Schoolhouse, the bad edutainment games. This is without the horror moments though, just the cheesiness of that era of games. Plus, you may note her Story Mode chapter wasn't shown off as I feel I would want players to go in blind as Betsy's Story Mode chapter is a COMPLETELY newer platforming experience thanks to Pop's idea for Betsy's chapter. I feel the trailer could be better but I tried.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
In terms of the Legacy skins, I guess I'll just give those ones a chance, they're too good for me

So I REALLY was going to write a reveal trailer for Betsy, but I did NOT expect the "creepy/bad edutainment games of the 90's" theme to it (Sonic's Schoolhouse, I.M. Meen, Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning, the latter of which is a satire of the genre by embracing the creepy side more). So in conclusion, I'll very gladly go with that. I only didn't do a reveal trailer this time because I DIDN'T expect that theme. I will most likely for the next DLC fighter.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so based on that, my Legacy Skins and trailer idea for Betsy will get in.

As for the website games, my website game for Barney will get in. Although the Xavier Riddle webpage game ended in a tie, I will allow Pop's game to get in as we still don't have a website game based around story creations. Congrats to the both of us.

As for the video games, both of my video games will get in so sorry to Pop.

Now, we are not going to jump to the fourth fighter of the first Learner's pass just yet....

In fact, I have recieved a letter from VTech about the VSmile Classic:

Dear PBS Kids: Brawltime! Development Team,

Thanks for collaborating with us to help promote the VSmile Classic! We are glad to say, the VSmile Classic was a hit and sold really well! Thanks to us helping promote it through the Bob the Builder reveal trailer, the VSmile stage as well as the Legacy Skin for the 32-bit VSmile Elmo, we are proud to announce that we are now planning on adding more of the VSmile peripherals to the VSmile classic line such as the VSmile Art Studio controller, the P.C. Pal keyboard, the Smart Keyboard, Smartbook and eventually, the VSmile Motion and V.Flash expansion! Because of this, to continue the hype, we're hoping to add more content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! to continue sales of the VSmile Classic and encourage pre-orders for future products! Once again, thanks for all your help! Remember to turn playtime into brain time!

Sincerely,

The team at VTech

Well...based on this, we are going to be having a free update as an expansion to the VSmile content which I am super happy about!

Without further ado, time for a pub feed of jobs to do!

Job 266:

As a PBS Kids: Brawltime! first, submit an assist based on a character from a non-licensed VSmile/VTech game or even a VTech based peripheral (if your creative enough). Describe the assist's function. This assist will be the first assist that is not of a PBS Kids character/not from PBS Kids.

Job 267:

As another PBS Kids: Brawltime! first, submit an item based on an item from a non-licensed VSmile/VTech game or a VTech based peripheral. Describe the item's function and what it does. This item will be the first item that is not from a PBS Kids show.

Job 268:

Submit any additional minor content that will come with this update. It can be Legacy Skins, video games for the PBS Kids Archives, etc.

We will add the most top voted assist and 2 VSmile items if that is okay. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

VSmile/VTech Character Assist:

V.Pal

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the cute mascot of the line of V.Smile products, V.Pal himself! When used in battle, you will note that his appearance is different from the other assists as he will be in the 32-bit art style of the V.Smile games. His function is quite versatile. He will tumble, jump around and sometimes even slide on roller skates (to represent the V.Smile Motion or V.Link I think). He can ram into the other fighters. When the assist meter is full, time to hit the art studio! V.Pal will simply carry paint bottles and spray paint on the opponents. Similar to the Paintbrush item, he will give each fighter a nerf that is the same as the Paintbrush function such as red for continuous damage, blue for slowed movement speed, green for decreased defense, etc. However, these nerfs stay on for a little longer! Thus, he is one of the more versatile assists in the game!

VSmile/VTech Item

Log Rocket (Wacky Race on Jumpin' Bean Island)

ezgif-5-d1e8ac44f3.jpg

I was going to go with an item from a V.Smile video game but wanted to go with something more along the lines of a promotional item for a future VTech Classic product. This time, it's an item based on an obscurer item from a V.Flash game! When you see the Log Rocket spawn, you can hop onto it and use it to either help you recover or stall in midair. However, watch out! If one fighter attacks you or a stage hazard attacks you, the Log Rocket will zoom away! It's another super versatile item as well but with limited substance.

Other Content:

Legacy Skins for Barney, Teletubbies and Bob the Builder being 32-Bit VSmile skins

ezgif-3-61583143c9.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Similar to the VSmile Elmo Legacy Skin, Barney, the Teletubbies and Bob the Builder all will gain 32-bit VSmile Legacy Skins based on their games. Even though the Teletubbies and Bob the Builder have one Legacy Skin, I feel they deserve the VSmile treatment as well. All the attacks for these characters are in the 32-bit style, no properties to the attacks changed, just the graphics. Also, VSmile Elmo will come in this free update for those who did not buy the first Learner's Pass or the Malik, Zadie and Zeke Learner's Pass Pack.

As a surprise, all the VSmile games based off of PBS Kids Shows added to the PBS Kids Archives!

I do not think this would be TOO much but, as a surprise, VTech has decided to add the remaining 5 VSmile games based off of PBS Kids shows represented in Brawltime! in the PBS Kids Archives! As another first, we get our first video game based on a PBS Kids show not represented by a fighter in PBS Kids: Brawltime! being Thomas and Friends: Engines Working Together!

Sesame Street: Bert and Ernie's Imagination Adventure

V-Smile-Pocket-Vtech-Smartridge-SDL283634241-1-014b4.jpg

Sesame Street: Elmo's Big Discoveries

51hQjeMI86L.jpg

Barney: The Land of Make Believe

s-l1600.jpg

Teletubbies: Time for Teletubbies! (For the V.Smile Baby)

s-l640.jpg

Thomas and Friends: Engines Working Together

hqdefault.jpg

Obviously, the Noddy V.Smile game will not be added as Noddy isn't represented yet in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Also, Bob's Busy Day is already in the PBS Kids Archives.

Finally...the biggest surprise!

Non-licensed games joining the PBS Kids Archives!

Alphabet Park Adventure

ezgif-1-96d1b3513d.jpg

For the first time as well, a non-PBS Kids video game joins the Archives to promote the V.Smile Classic as well as get ready for more V.Tech Classic products! However, there is a twist! You will have to unlock Alphabet Park Adventure by completing 2 event matches related to the V.Smile content which will come with this update. We can decide if we want event matches before creating them.

Bonus content that comes with this update:

-More photos added to the Photo Album of V.Smile game concept art, non-licensed V.Smile characters, etc.

-Commercials and ads for the V.Smile Classic highlighting the video games based off of PBS Kids shows in there in the PBS Kids Archives

-V.Smile commercials from the 2000s focused on the non-licensed games

Attachments

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I only have a VTech assist (Though I'd gladly go with em' all above)

Little Red Riding Hood (The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood)
1681693563637.png

As far as I know, this does seem most likely a VTech original property, if not under the ownership of a German media company. By default, she throws apples out of her basket (She happened to pick up extra ones on her way to her granny's house) to damage others. If she can hit all fighters currently on field, each fighter gets a logic based answer for the question red is thinking, when answered correctly, she'll place down a copy of her basket on a good spot on the stage that explodes! When the assist meter is full, she can throw explosive apples and place down an upgraded basket with sucking powers to draw fighters in before unleashing a more powerful explosion!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I feel I will add both assists to the free V.Tech content update and same with all of my ideas. So, overall, congrats to me and Pop!

Now, just for fun, I feel we will do the event matches given this will be another PBS Kids: Brawltime! first with event matches focused on non-PBS Kids characters/IPs!

Time for the next two jobs:

Job 269:

Submit two event matches based on the V.Smile/V.Tech content. It must be centered around the content related to it so it can be the stages, assists, etc. These events will be coming in the free update!

Job 270:

Submit a newcomer prompt for our fourth Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter! However, there is a twist! Realistically, I feel at this point, we would technically get this fighter sometime after the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale! To up viewership as well as give the game the continous hype it deserves, the fourth fighter will be revealed and even previewed at the Championship Circuit Finale so make this newcomer prompt count! Make it specific but leave room for creativity!

My event matches:

Event #Extra01: Explore the World of V.Smile!

Event description: Turn game time into brain time! However, you must be careful to not overthink the fight!
Assist: V.Pal
Stage: Explore The World of V.Smile!
Opponent(s): Barney, Elmo, Teletubbies, Bob the Builder (all in their Legacy Skin alternate costumes based on their appearances in the V.Smile games)
Opponent(s)' Assist(s): Sir Topham Hatt (for Barney)
Event objective: Simply survive the tour around all the areas of the V.Smile stage! When you KO an opponent, they simply respawn. Get KOd or self-destruct in any point of the match and you fail the event match!
References: No particular reference to a particular V.Smile game, just a reference to various V.Smile games as well as V.Pal being your assist due to him being the mascot of the console. Also, the first sentence of the event description is a reference to the slogan of the V.Smile. Also, all the opponents are the PBS Kids characters who recieved games on the V.Smile which are in the update as well as Sir Topham Hatt being the assist for Barney.

Event #Extra02: Little Red Riding Hood's Brawltime Party Adventure
Event description:
It seems Little Red Riding Hood is on her way to her grandmother's house. But, it seems some intruders are slowing her down! Help Little Red Riding Hood spell words as well as get her to her grandmother's house safely! Remember, never talk to strangers!
Assist: Little Red Riding Hood
Stage: Explore The World of V.Smile! (stuck on The Grassland section)
Opponent(s): Random opponents x3
Event objective: Basically, you have to spell various words like in the Learning Zone part of the V.Smile game The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood and then place the Little Red Riding Hood assist by the front of the house. You get five chances similar to the five hearts Little Red Riding Hood recieves in the V.Smile game. Spell a word wrong and you lose a heart. Lose all your hearts and you fail the event match! Getting KOd or self-destructing will also result in failing the event match.
References: The V.Smile video game The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood, specificially the Learning Zone part. This event match referecnes The Grasslands level by the woods.

Newcomer prompt:

Submit a fighter from a PBS Kids series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is only represented via just an assist, item, etc. Basically, the minorly represented franchises.

I feel for a good middle point of the first Learner's Pass, we should expand on an already represented franchise. There's still major franchises that I feel still need more representation in the form of a fighter like Super Why! or Liberty's Kids or Sid the Science Kid and such and I'm sure most of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! playerbase would agree with my statement. There's a good amount of powerhitters here for a midpoint of the first Learner's Pass for sure.

Top Bottom