• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, here are the results for who will be our first Learner's Pass DLC fighter!

Buddy: 2
Bob the Builder: 11
Luna: 3
Splash and Bubbles: 1

Well, by a landslide...Bob the Builder is ready to showcase off his building skills and get the job done as the first Learner's Pass fighter for Learner's Pass Volume 1 so congrats to me! Also, all our sponsors that we submitted will be added. Down below, I have a Strawpoll regarding if we should add more sponsors later on in the DLC cycle for more additional bonus sponsored content.

Future Sponsorships Job

Now...going from here, we need to now eliminate one stage job prompt from the list of stage job prompts submitted as Bob's update will come with four stages. Vote on the Strawpoll which stage prompt job we should NOT do. I like all of them but we just do not have room for all of them for Bob's pack.

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items. Basically, the minorly represented shows AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a stage based on a location that was only really present in a PBS Kids video game, a video game-only PBS Kids show location PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit a stage from any PBS Kids franchise represented with a fighter to receive a special 8-bit version that has custom 8-bit sounds and an 8-bit soundtrack CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Submit a stage from a from a modern show on PBS Kids (somewhere between 2017-present). MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Eliminate One Stage Prompt Poll

Now, for our next two jobs. We're going in a bit of a stranger order now.

Job 201:

Submit a home stage for Bob the Builder. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 202:

Submit a job prompt for an assist.

Job 203:

Submit a job prompt for an item. We will also do items for the sponsors potentially so do not submit job prompts based on them.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

Home stage for Bob:

Bob's Yard (Bob the Builder)

View attachment 366291

The home yard of Bob the Builder in the original Bob the Builder series would be the PERFECT homestage for Bob! Basically, it's another walkoff stage where there are platforms on Bob's house. You can see various Bob the Builder characters in the background like Wendy, Pillchard, Bird, etc.

Bob's team will be the hazards on the stage causing damage to the fighters, driving in and out of the stage.

Scoop will dump rocks occassionally causing damage and his buckets can be additional platforms. Muck will do something similar to Scoop although she will pick up the rocks Scoop dumps. Dizzy will dump cement and spin around causing some damage. Roley will roll on the concrete causing any fighter in his way to be "flattened". Finally, Lofty will come in and carry in a steel beam which can act as a temporary platform. The vehicles will appear in a random order every match, mixing up when the construction vehicles come in to do work! Overall, a fun stage representing Bob the Builder.

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist from another series that you are surprised that was not represented in the base game.

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item from a PBS Kids show represented in the game but is a show that first aired in another country or network.
My stage submission:
Bobsville Castle
View attachment 366355

Why not an obscure, one-episode-only location for Bob's home stage? Its layout can be similar to Princess Peach's Castle stage from Melee, except with the addition of the grounded portion on the bottom. You can see various Bob the Builder characters in the background like Wendy, Pillchard, Bird, etc.

The main vehicles can appear on this stage and they are the main hazards of the stage, with Scoop and Muck dumping rocks, Dizzy's cement, Lofty's crane serving as an extra platform and Roley who.....squashes others flat! Sometimes, parts of the castle will crumble if landed on for too much or take too much damage, but don't worry, can they fix it?.....Yes. It. Can! The castle structures will be rebuilt by the team shortly after breaking.

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist that was exclusive to a video game for that PBS Kids Show.

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item based on something that only appeared in a video game for a PBS Kids show. So essentially, submit a video game-only PBS Kids item
Alright, I will close the homestage for Bob job. Vote on the Strawpoll below which stage we should add after reading each stage description.

Bob's Home Stage Poll
Bob's Yard AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Bobsville Castle PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, we finally got rid of one stage prompt so I'm sorry CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 that your prompt did not make it in. So the prompts, me, Pop and MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180 submitted will be the stage prompts.

We have to also eliminate one assist job and one item job so please vote on the polls below.

Assist Job Elimiation Poll
Submit an assist from another series that you are surprised that was not represented in the base game. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an assist that was exclusive to a video game for that PBS Kids Show. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit an assist that was from a series on PBS Kids that has already ended. MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Item Job Elimiation Poll
Submit an item from a PBS Kids show represented in the game but is a show that first aired in another country or network. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an item based on something that only appeared in a video game for a PBS Kids show PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit an item that was from a live-action series on PBS Kids. MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Now, time for a triple stage job.

Job 204:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items.

These shows include:

• Clifford the Big Red Dog (I know Clifford is a boss in the Story Mode but still)
  • Liberty's Kids
  • Sid the Science Kid
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • Pinkalicious and Peterrific
Please let me know if I forgot any franchises that are represented via items only.

Job 205:

Submit a stage based on a location seen exclusively in a PBS Kids-show videogame.

Job 206:

Submit a stage from a modern PBS Kids show (2017-present).

As for all the stages, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Items-Only Franchise Stage:

Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

x1080.jpeg

Basically, I envision this stage having a layout similar to Rock Wall from Rivals of Aether (the basic form) making it competitively legal. Basically, you fight in the middle of Birdwell Island preferably towards the beach area. Occassionally, the stage will travel to Clifford's Dog House. In the background, you can see Clifford, Cleo, T-Bone, Mack, Emily Elizabeth, etc. cheering you on as you fight! Also, if you hold the X button while selecting this stage, you will get the 2019 version of Birdwell Island with Clifford and Emily Elizabeth in their 2019 Clifford appearances and same with the background of Birdwell Island. Alongside this, the characters from the 2019 version will appear as well. Overall, a stage for a franchise I'm surprised never got a stage in the game.

PBS Kids-Video Game Exclusive Location Stage:

The Number Carnival (Sesame Street)

elmonumber-1671306958646.jpg

Taken straight from the Sesame Street game, Elmo's Number Journey is the grand carnival of numbers itself, the final area in the game! Basically, you fight in a low-poly grassy plain where there are various Sesame Street characters in the background. It's quite a huge stage with walkoffs. There are carnival games you can interact with that can grant you items, you can ride on the bumper cars, etc. Occassionally, numbers will appear and if you match the number down below a certain amount of times, you get a minor stat buff! I know this game was popular with speedrunners and was played on YouTube for fun by some Let's Players so definitely a fun addition despite us having a carnival stage.

2017-Present PBS Kids Show Stage:

Bronx Rooftops (Alma's Way)

c7d0712795_7-1-21_Alma Hero_FRP PBS.jpg

I feel it would be hard to represent this show with a fighter, assist, item, etc. So, I feel assist works fine. Plus, one of my college professors LOVED this show for its incredible portrayal of Latino culture. Anyway, you basically fight on the rooftops of the apartments in the Bronx. On the bottom of the stage are Alma and her family. Occassionally, thought bubbles from Alma will appear acting as sort of "thought" platforms (similar to Randall the Cloud on Yoshi's Story). The flat part of the stage is similar to the Omega form for Onett. Basically, this stage could be a counterpick stage for a competitive PBS Kids: Brawltime! ruleset. But, it would be a good way to squeeze in a franchise that I do not think has much potential outside of a stage and to give more modern PBS Kids shows some crumb of representation in this game.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn

Boston Tea Party (Liberty's Kids)
1673647633467.png

As I feel Liberty's Kids needs more than just an item to represent it, here I have a stage based on the real-world event of the same name and on the very first episode of the show! Not sure how controversial having a stage based on a real world event might turn out, but as far as I know, the Boston Tea Party wasn't graphic or even remotely controversial or traumatizing by any means and it's represented here respectfully, and somewhat hilariously. I envision this stage's layout like Gangplank Galleon from SSF2, and the boxes being thrown overboard can serve as temporary, albeit breakable water platforms.

Carnival Chaos (Cyberchase)
1673647970322.png

As far as I'm aware, Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos for the PC isn't based off any particular Cyberchase episode, leading me to believe this is a video game-only location. Why not make the layout similar to Glove World in NASB, with a ferris wheel as well as roller coaster platforms with roller coaster cars zooming in as hazards.

Pinkville (Pinkalicious and Peterrific)
1673648301997.png

I'm honestly surprised why this location hasn't gotten a stage yet, as its architecture would make for a great stage layout. Think of it like the Loud House from NASB x3, where there would be 3 houses that serve as platforms, including the Pinkertons' house.

MasterOfSimpsons180

Smash Rookie

School Playground (Sid the Science Kid)

You could run around the playground and could use the swings and jungle gym and other things on the playground to move around on as well. Every so often, Sid and his friends would come through the playground, and you'd have to dodge them.

Grand Glade (Kart Kingdom)

Although Kart Kingdom has ended about 2 years ago, it still was a very popular game on the PBS Kids website, with me included playing it a lot. Grand Glade is the first main area of the game. On this stage, you could run around while people are driving around in cars that you'd have to jump over or dodge. Also, NPCs like Gus in his Give & Get car and the Quest Truck could be obstacles to dodge as well.

Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna)

A stage I've been wanting to submit. You can move around the outside of the tent, being able to jump up and around on the tent. Obstacles could include some of the performers of Circo Fabuloso practicing their acts.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the homestage for Bob job. Vote on the Strawpoll below which stage we should add after reading each stage description.

Bob's Home Stage Poll
Bob's Yard AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Bobsville Castle PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, we finally got rid of one stage prompt so I'm sorry CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 that your prompt did not make it in. So the prompts, me, Pop and MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180 submitted will be the stage prompts.

We have to also eliminate one assist job and one item job so please vote on the polls below.

Assist Job Elimiation Poll
Submit an assist from another series that you are surprised that was not represented in the base game. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an assist that was exclusive to a video game for that PBS Kids Show. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit an assist that was from a series on PBS Kids that has already ended. MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Item Job Elimiation Poll
Submit an item from a PBS Kids show represented in the game but is a show that first aired in another country or network. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit an item based on something that only appeared in a video game for a PBS Kids show PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit an item that was from a live-action series on PBS Kids. MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Now, time for a triple stage job.

Job 204:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items.

These shows include:

• Clifford the Big Red Dog (I know Clifford is a boss in the Story Mode but still)
  • Liberty's Kids
  • Sid the Science Kid
  • Elinor Wonders Why
  • Pinkalicious and Peterrific
Please let me know if I forgot any franchises that are represented via items only.

Job 205:

Submit a stage based on a location seen exclusively in a PBS Kids-show videogame.

Job 206:

Submit a stage from a modern PBS Kids show (2017-present).

As for all the stages, describe the layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

View attachment 366393

Basically, I envision this stage having a layout similar to Rock Wall from Rivals of Aether (the basic form) making it competitively legal. Basically, you fight in the middle of Birdwell Island preferably towards the beach area. Occassionally, the stage will travel to Clifford's Dog House. In the background, you can see Clifford, Cleo, T-Bone, Mack, Emily Elizabeth, etc. cheering you on as you fight! Also, if you hold the X button while selecting this stage, you will get the 2019 version of Birdwell Island with Clifford and Emily Elizabeth in their 2019 Clifford appearances and same with the background of Birdwell Island. Alongside this, the characters from the 2019 version will appear as well. Overall, a stage for a franchise I'm surprised never got a stage in the game.

The Number Carnival (Sesame Street)

View attachment 366397

Taken straight from the Sesame Street game, Elmo's Number Journey is the grand carnival of numbers itself, the final area in the game! Basically, you fight in a low-poly grassy plain where there are various Sesame Street characters in the background. It's quite a huge stage with walkoffs. There are carnival games you can interact with that can grant you items, you can ride on the bumper cars, etc. Occassionally, numbers will appear and if you match the number down below a certain amount of times, you get a minor stat buff! I know this game was popular with speedrunners and was played on YouTube for fun by some Let's Players so definitely a fun addition despite us having a carnival stage.

Bronx Rooftops (Alma's Way)

View attachment 366398

I feel it would be hard to represent this show with a fighter, assist, item, etc. So, I feel assist works fine. Plus, one of my college professors LOVED this show for its incredible portrayal of Latino culture. Anyway, you basically fight on the rooftops of the apartments in the Bronx. On the bottom of the stage are Alma and her family. Occassionally, thought bubbles from Alma will appear acting as sort of "thought" platforms (similar to Randall the Cloud on Yoshi's Story). The flat part of the stage is similar to the Omega form for Onett. Basically, this stage could be a counterpick stage for a competitive PBS Kids: Brawltime! ruleset. But, it would be a good way to squeeze in a franchise that I do not think has much potential outside of a stage and to give more modern PBS Kids shows some crumb of representation in this game.

Boston Tea Party (Liberty's Kids)
View attachment 366425

As I feel Liberty's Kids needs more than just an item to represent it, here I have a stage based on the real-world event of the same name and on the very first episode of the show! Not sure how controversial having a stage based on a real world event might turn out, but as far as I know, the Boston Tea Party wasn't graphic or even remotely controversial or traumatizing by any means and it's represented here respectfully, and somewhat hilariously. I envision this stage's layout like Gangplank Galleon from SSF2, and the boxes being thrown overboard can serve as temporary, albeit breakable water platforms.

Carnival Chaos (Cyberchase)
View attachment 366426

As far as I'm aware, Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos for the PC isn't based off any particular Cyberchase episode, leading me to believe this is a video game-only location. Why not make the layout similar to Glove World in NASB, with a ferris wheel as well as roller coaster platforms with roller coaster cars zooming in as hazards.

Pinkville (Pinkalicious and Peterrific)
View attachment 366427
I'm honestly surprised why this location hasn't gotten a stage yet, as its architecture would make for a great stage layout. Think of it like the Loud House from NASB x3, where there would be 3 houses that serve as platforms, including the Pinkertons' house.

School Playground (Sid the Science Kid)

You could run around the playground and could use the swings and jungle gym and other things on the playground to move around on as well. Every so often, Sid and his friends would come through the playground, and you'd have to dodge them.

Grand Glade (Kart Kingdom)

Although Kart Kingdom has ended about 2 years ago, it still was a very popular game on the PBS Kids website, with me included playing it a lot. Grand Glade is the first main area of the game. On this stage, you could run around while people are driving around in cars that you'd have to jump over or dodge. Also, NPCs like Gus in his Give & Get car and the Quest Truck could be obstacles to dodge as well.

Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna)

A stage I've been wanting to submit. You can move around the outside of the tent, being able to jump up and around on the tent. Obstacles could include some of the performers of Circo Fabuloso practicing their acts.
Alright, it's time to vote for your top 2 stages from each category after reading the description of each stage. You can only put your own submission in second. Also, Bobsville Castle will be the home stage for Bob the Builder so congrats to Pop!

Items-Only Franchise Stage
Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House (Clifford the Big Red Dog) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Boston Tea Party (Liberty's Kids) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
School Playground (Sid the Science Kid) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

PBS Kids-Video Game Exclusive Location Stage
The Number Carnvial (Sesame Street) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Carnival Chaos (Cyberchase) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Grand Glade (Kart Kingdom) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

2017-Present PBS Kids Show Stage
Bronx Rooftops (Alma's Way) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Pinkville (Pinkalicious and Peterrific) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna!) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Now, it's time for a triple assist job. Sadly, the prompt MasterOfSimpsons180 submitted won't be a part of the trio but all the prompts were great. Let's get cracking!

Job 207:

Submit an assist from Bob the Builder.

Job 208:

Submit an assist from a PBS Kids show not represented in the game that you are surprised that was not represented at all in the base game.

Job 209:

Submit an assist based on a character that was exclusive to a PBS Kids-show video game.

As for all assists, explain what they do. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My votes:

Items Stage:

1. Boston Tea Party
2. Birdwell Island

Video Game Stage:

1. Carnival Chaos
2. Grand Glade

1. Pinkville
2. Bronx Rooftops

Assists:

Bob the Builder Assist:

Spud and Scrambler

bob_the_builder_132_16x9_135702_1920x1080.jpg

I feel like this would be the best way to also represent the Project Build It! series in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Here, we enter the silly scarecrow and his ATV-best friend! When used as an assist, Spud will start acting all clumsy and even occassionally give the fighter he is assisting a very small amout of damage due to his silliness. However, when the assist meter is full, Spud will be on Scrambler and knock opponents out of the way with a mighty jump from Scrambler. As Scrambler would say, awwwww yeahhhhh!

Assist from PBS Kids Show I'm Surprised Was Not Represented in Base Game:

Splash and Bubbles

400x400_SquareIcon_Splash.png

I feel this will be our first bigger deconfirmation and not really due to the show kind of lacking a long run but still a nice way to squeeze in one of the Jim Henson shows in the game. When used as an assist, they are unique as you will carry around the two fish in a fish bowl. They will occassionally jump up and give others around the fighter some damage. However, when the assist meter is full, the whole stage will go underwater and Splash and Bubbles will be out of their bowl. There, the two fish will trap other fighters in bubbles causing the opponents to be vulnerable to more attacks and have a better chance of being knocked back to the blastzone. How awesome!

Assist based on character exclusive to PBS Kids-Show Video Game:

Jamie, Zuzu and Val (Dragon Tales)

hqdefault.jpg

From what I remember, Cassie's siblings, Jamie, Zuzu and Val were exclusive to the 2003 Dragon Tales PC game Learn and Fly With Dragons published by Scholastic. When the trio of dragons are used as an assist, they will simply use their newfound flying skills to give you a lift back on the stage if you fall. However, when the assist meter is full, the siblings will consume some Dragonberries and blast through the speed loops like in the relay game at the end of the game.

MasterOfSimpsons180

Smash Rookie
Items Stage:

1. Birdwell Island
2. Boston Tea Party

Video Game Stage:

1. Carnival Chaos
2. Grand Glade

1. Bronx Rooftops
2. Circo Fabuloso

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Items Stage:

1. School Playground
2. Birdwell Island

Video Game Stage:

1. Number Carnival
2. Grand Glade

1. Bronx Rooftops
2. Pinkville

Sadly, I don't have submissions for job 209, but the rest, I do

Bob the Builder Assist:

Tumbler

1673722654467.png

What can I say? He's a cement truck! He can just pour cement on others on long-but-regular intervals to trap them in place, only for his fighter to pummel them until the cement cracks! The opponent can still escape by mashing, though it becomes harder at higher damage percentages. When the assist meter is full......well......he can pour enough cement to the point where the opposing fighter becomes a huge cement block!, which can be picked up and thrown! Because of this, his assist meter takes one of the longest to charge in-game.

Duck (WordWorld)
1673722327896.png

I'm not the biggest fan of this show, but I do feel it needs some representation here, as it was genuinely a nostalgic favorite to some people out there. True to the basic premise of his show, where letters come together to form words that come to life, He summons letters to make words of different things to help out in combat! Take for say, "Car" turns into a car to drive forward and ram fighters, "Wings" can attach temporary word wings to get the fighter he is assisting out of being KO'd to the blast zone, and "Food", which turns into food for healing! When the assist meter is full, he'll spell out more powerful versions of the words he can spell, like "Truck", "Jetpack" or "Pizza"

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, it's time to vote for your top 2 stages from each category after reading the description of each stage. You can only put your own submission in second. Also, Bobsville Castle will be the home stage for Bob the Builder so congrats to Pop!

Items-Only Franchise Stage
Birdwell Island and Clifford's Dog House (Clifford the Big Red Dog) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Boston Tea Party (Liberty's Kids) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
School Playground (Sid the Science Kid) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

PBS Kids-Video Game Exclusive Location Stage
The Number Carnvial (Sesame Street) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Carnival Chaos (Cyberchase) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Grand Glade (Kart Kingdom) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

2017-Present PBS Kids Show Stage
Bronx Rooftops (Alma's Way) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Pinkville (Pinkalicious and Peterrific) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Circo Fabuloso (Let's Go Luna!) MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Now, it's time for a triple assist job. Sadly, the prompt MasterOfSimpsons180 submitted won't be a part of the trio but all the prompts were great. Let's get cracking!

Job 207:

Submit an assist from Bob the Builder.

Job 208:

Submit an assist from a PBS Kids show not represented in the game that you are surprised that was not represented at all in the base game.

Job 209:

Submit an assist based on a character that was exclusive to a PBS Kids-show video game.

As for all assists, explain what they do. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My votes:

Items Stage:

1. Boston Tea Party
2. Birdwell Island

Video Game Stage:

1. Carnival Chaos
2. Grand Glade

1. Pinkville
2. Bronx Rooftops

Assists:

Bob the Builder Assist:

Spud and Scrambler

View attachment 366449

I feel like this would be the best way to also represent the Project Build It! series in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Here, we enter the silly scarecrow and his ATV-best friend! When used as an assist, Spud will start acting all clumsy and even occassionally give the fighter he is assisting a very small amout of damage due to his silliness. However, when the assist meter is full, Spud will be on Scrambler and knock opponents out of the way with a mighty jump from Scrambler. As Scrambler would say, awwwww yeahhhhh!

Splash and Bubbles

View attachment 366450

I feel this will be our first bigger deconfirmation and not really due to the show kind of lacking a long run but still a nice way to squeeze in one of the Jim Henson shows in the game. When used as an assist, they are unique as you will carry around the two fish in a fish bowl. They will occassionally jump up and give others around the fighter some damage. However, when the assist meter is full, the whole stage will go underwater and Splash and Bubbles will be out of their bowl. There, the two fish will trap other fighters in bubbles causing the opponents to be vulnerable to more attacks and have a better chance of being knocked back to the blastzone. How awesome!
Items Stage:

1. School Playground
2. Birdwell Island

Video Game Stage:

1. Number Carnival
2. Grand Glade

1. Bronx Rooftops
2. Pinkville

Sadly, I don't have submissions for job 209, but the rest, I do

Bob the Builder Assist:

Tumbler

View attachment 366457
What can I say? He's a cement truck! He can just pour cement on others on long-but-regular intervals to trap them in place, only for his fighter to pummel them until the cement cracks! The opponent can still escape by mashing, though it becomes harder at higher damage percentages. When the assist meter is full......well......he can pour enough cement to the point where the opposing fighter becomes a huge cement block!, which can be picked up and thrown! Because of this, his assist meter takes one of the longest to charge in-game.

Duck (WordWorld)
View attachment 366456

I'm not the biggest fan of this show, but I do feel it needs some representation here, as it was genuinely a nostalgic favorite to some people out there. True to the basic premise of his show, where letters come together to form words that come to life, He summons letters to make words of different things to help out in combat! Take for say, "Car" turns into a car to drive forward and ram fighters, "Wings" can attach temporary word wings to get the fighter he is assisting out of being KO'd to the blast zone, and "Food", which turns into food for healing! When the assist meter is full, he'll spell out more powerful versions of the words he can spell, like "Truck", "Jetpack" or "Pizza"
Alright, I will be closing the assists job. My assist for Job 209 being Jamie, Zuzu and Val have been added. Here are the results for the stages.

Items Stage:

Birdwell Island: 4
Boston Tea Party: 3
School Playground: 2

Video Game-Only Stage:

The Number Carnival: 2
Carnival Chaos: 4
Grand Glade: 3

2017-Present PBS Kids Stage:

Bronx Rooftops: 5
Pinkville: 3
Circo Fabuloso: 1

Birdwell Island, Carnival Chaos and Bronx Rooftops are the next three stages to be added for the game in Bob's update so congrats to me and Pop! Now, let's vote on the assists to be added into the game. Read the descriptions for each assist and be sure to vote!

Bob the Builder Assist Poll
Spud the Scarecrow and Scrambler AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tumbler PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Assist from Series Not Represented in Base Game Poll
Splash and Bubbles AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Duck (WordWorld) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, time for the triple item job! The item job we will not be doing will be doing is the job prompt MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180 submitted but all the job prompts were really good. Here are the jobs:

Job 210:

Submit an item from Bob the Builder.

Job 211:

Submit an item from a PBS Kids show represented in the game but is a show that first aired in another country or network.

Job 212:

Submit an item based on something that only appeared in a video game for a PBS Kids show.

As usual, describe what the item does for all three. Get submitting and use your
imagination!

Bob the Builder Item:

Brickbeard's Golden Hammer

00d1bfe5d078b50d4e0118ac02b329e45f81f6d3c0d1eb7fa5898eba763bd547._UR1920,1080_.jpg

The best way to represent Ready, Steady, Build! is via an item from said series and from the feature-length special involving said item. This is the Golden Hammer of Brickyard, mateys! This special item will appear in a treasure chest. When you open the chest, you will get said hammer. Then, when you use the hammer, it will be similar to the Hammer from Donkey Kong (like the Smash Bros item) except this item has a small RNG chance of OHKOing your opponent. This item is quite a treasured item that is extremely useful to assisting you in the fight!

Item from PBS Kids Series that Debuted in another country/network:

Salmon of Knowledge (Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks)

maxresdefault.jpg

This is Piggley's good luck charm based off of the Irish myth itself when he wanted to take a test with this fish supposedly going to grant him the magic of knowledge! When this fish spawns as an item on the battlefield, you can simply grab it. There is a 50/50 chance you will be granted with stat buffs that super good. The other buffs...not so good as the fish has questionable magic per say.

Item Exclusive to PBS Kids-Video Game:

Ski Balls (Cyberchase)

cyberchasecarnivalscreen2.jpg

Taken straight from the Cyberchase game, Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos, this item is based off of the popular carnival game itself! Basically balls will appear in various colors. Alongside this, each ball will have a different damage multiplyer on it as this item is stikcking to the theme of RNG dependent items. You simply pick up the ball and roll it at an opponent. Some ski balls will give regular damage (x1), half the damage (x 1/2) or even a whopping x5 or x10 damage which results in an instant KO! The x1 blue ski balls are the most common with the green x 1/2 ski balls, the red x5 ski balls and the yellow x10 ski balls appearing less frequently. I guess we can use this as a hint for Chuck E. Cheese's becoming a future sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Hey, sorry if I'm super late on this (I was frankly busy with other important things), but I think AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions for jobs 210 and 212 alreayd fit the bill perfectly for me, but I have one submission for the middle:

Whistle (Thomas & Friends)
1674012386728.png

Used by the conductors and stationmasters all over the Island of Sodor, but here is PBS Kids: Brawltime, it's actually quite versatile! When used, if the user's Assist has been KO'd, it can call them back in an instant! If the item is used when the assist is active, it can signal the assist to their user's current location, making it good for emergency assistance! If used when the assist is near, their meter instantly fills up!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I have ultimately decided to add all 4 items in so well done to me and Pop! Also, Pop's assist for Bob the Buider got in being Tumbler the Cement Mixer so a double win for him. However...we still have a tie between the Splash and Bubbles and Duck (WordWorld) for assists. I don't know how we should break the tie for this since one character will be deconfirmed from being DLC. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Anywho...we must move on to the next job:

Job 213:

Create/design a moveset for Bob the Builder. Keep in mind his gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it should involve something with building materials and the liking. Get submitting and use your imagination!

I have a moveset in mind for Bob actually.

Bob the Builder
Series:
Bob the Builder
Debut:
Pilot episode:
May 15th, 1997
UK Debut: Scoop Saves The Day (April 12th, 1999)
US Debut on Nick Jr: January 15th, 2001
PBS Kids Debut: 2005

bob_the_builder_os__png__by_agustinsepulvedave_de8a3k1-fullview.png

"Morning, team!"

Bob is a light-middlweight fighter with all-around stats, making him pretty balanced. He excels in the advantage state whenever his moveset is used to the fullest that he can combo and/or put his opponent(s) in disadvantage. However, be careful! Bob is a glass cannon as if you get him into the disadvantage state, there is no real way to fix the problem as he has no real escape options. So remember to be advantegeous when playing as Bob!

Gimmick:

Tool Durability

Being a builder and mason, Bob is known to utilize lots off different building materials and tools. Each move consists of a various job he has done to get building tasks completed in a timely fashion. At some points during a battle, an icon will appear besides Bob's damage interface icon telling you which tool can assist you the most to get the job done. Thus, that tool gets a stat buff. However, after using a certain move (tool in this case) for a certain while, the move will be proven to be ineffective and give extremely minimal damage. However, after a good while (meaning a few seconds), the tool will be back in action so use a variety of tools as well as the tool Bob needs at the time to complete a job!

Moveset:

Light Neutral: Nail in The Wall

Every builder needs a hammer and some nails! When using this move, Bob simply grabs a piece of wood, installs a nail in it and hammers the nail. It's a bit of a spammable move. But remember, it doesn't have the best startup frame data. The stronger variant has Bob nail the hammer even harder causing more damage.

Light Up: Simple Painting

Being a painter for houses and buildings as well, Bob simply will grab a paintbrush and a paint bucket. He will simply paint his opponents. This move is great for comboing opponents similar to Steve's up aerial/up tilt in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The stronger variant of this move will cause Bob to do one mighty paintbrush stroke to send opponents flying upwards!

Light Down: Dig, Dig, Dig It!

Bob loves to do digging as well! In this move, Bob will simply grab a shovel and move some of the Earth in the stage to another part as he is digging. The weaker version of this move is spammable and good for comboing as well. However, the stronger variant can send opponents flying and if the dirt pile falls off the stage, it works extremely well as a meteor projectile for spiking your opponent(s)!

Neutral Special: Bricks and Mortar

Being a mason as well, this is a bit of a three-part setup move similar to Ms. Frizzle's Neutral Special. In this move, Bob will first get some bricks. Then, he will get a jar of mortar and a trowel. Finally, he will lay one brick down with the mortar and trowel. This move is the slowest. But, when proved effective, Bob can create a brick wall for defense. However, the wall only has limited strength before it decreases. So, use this move wisely because your opponent(s) can easily punish you for using this move!

Up Special: Elevator Ride

This is the only move in Bob's moveset that references the 2015 reboot. In this move, Bob boards an elevator and simply rides upwards. It has super good vertical reach but gives off no damage and is very easy to gimp/spike. There's no real way to mix up recoveries when using this move.

Down Special: Jackhammer Time!

This is the strongest move of Bob's moveset. Simply, the builder himself will gain a helment and board a jackhammer. This move is similar to Rocko from Nickelodeon All Star Brawl's Down Special (Jack the Hammer) but Bob rides it simply for a few seconds. The jackhammer will give opponents a lot of damage and even if he goes off stage, the jackhammer can spike your opponent(s) as well! However, you cannot move cancel out of this as it will be continuous for the few seconds you use it! Be wise when using this move!

Entrance:

Bob rides in on Scoop similar to the original intro for Bob the Builder.

Taunt:

Bob says "Can We Fix It?" while doing some hand/body motions and then in the background, you can hear the voices of Wendy and the original five machines saying "Yes! We Cannnn!" and then Lofty saying "Uh yeah, I think so!"

Victory Animation:

Bob, Wendy, Spud, the original five machines, Travis, Pilchard and Bird all dance similar to how they danced in the original Bob the Builder opening.

Defeat Animation:

Being a good sport, Bob simply applauds his opponents for a job well done.​

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
So frankly, the Bob the Builder moveset I had in mind for him was just more of a straightforward Steve-like moveset where he just builds things and stuff, but I think AlteredBeast AlteredBeast really took a more creative approach with Bob, especially with the tool durability gimmick, so I'm just gonna go with that, go figure.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, since enough time has passed, my Bob the Builder moveset has gotten in by default so yay to me! I will have to admit, I was going to consider a building gimmick. But, I feel being able to showcase off Bob's "builder of all trades" personality/mastery with a lot of construction/building tools with a tool durability moveset made it all the more interesting than a zoning based building gimmick. Moving forward, we still have to decide between either which assist to add to the game:

Splash and Bubbles

or

Duck (WordWorld)

Please add to your post which one you would rather see be put in as an assist.

For me, I'm voting Splash and Bubbles since I feel Duck should be saved for a future Learner's Pass fighter since he can have a super cool moveset and WordWorld is super iconic.

But, time for a double job now! Here are your next two jobs:

Job 214:

Write a Learning Book set for Bob the Builder.

Job 215:

Submit a story mode chapter focused on Bob the Builder. Like the chapters we have done for Donkey and Ms. O, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and submitting. As always, use your imagination and get submitting!

Learning Book Set for Bob:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • Faster Digging (Bob's Light Down will come out faster)
    • Hammering is Light Work (Bob's Light Neutral will come out faster making it more spammable.)
    • Painting with Lots of Care (Bob's Light Up comes out faster and deals a bit more damage, making the hitboxes bigger!)
    • Faster Masonry (Bob's Neutral Special will come out faster causing you to make the brick wall faster!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • Bigger Dirt Piles (For Bob's Light Down, there will be bigger dirt piles every time you use the move!)
    • Good Job from The Team! (Now, Bob gains a stat buff to assist him!)
    • Jackhammering Is The Best! (For Bob's Down Special, he can deal more damage and the jackhammer will be active for a few more seconds!)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • More Work for The Elevator (Bob can perform his Up Special twice in midair!)
    • Double the Hammering! (For his Light Neutral, Bob gains two hammering causing him to do twice the hammering work!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Super Tool Durability! (Now, all of Bob's tools will have max durability for a short while at the beginning for a little whole and Bob will be invincible!)

Bob the Builder DLC Story Mode Chapter:

Bob's Busy Day with The Anomaly

First part of the story mode chapter takes place at the beginning-ish of the Story Mode while the later part takes place sometime before the events of Chapter 11. Furthermore, there is another part that takes place during Chapter 16 and 17. Then, it ends in the epilogue.

The chapter starts off similar to the original Bob the Builder episodes with the familiar music cue panning over Bobsville as the sun rises. We then cut to Bob's Yard where we see Bob waking up greeting Wendy, Pilchard and his core team of the five construction vehicles.

Bob: Morning team! We have a lot to do today!

Scoop: Morning Bob! What's going to be our job?

Bob: Well...I have recieved a lot of phone calls regarding people needing some things fixed. First, I need to look for tools for someone. Then, I need to mend some pipes, mend some walls and finally, search around town for some building supplies and missing stuff.

Dizzy: That all sounds brilliantttt! But, how are we going to get it all done?

Muck: Well....knowing Bob, we can do anything and we will get all the jobs completed.

Wendy: Well Bob, what job should we do first?

Bob: The first call I recieved was that Spud was up to no good....

We then cut to a flashback of Spud on Scrambler causing mischief in someone's house by hiding all the building tools.

Spud: I feel I should play a trick on Bob...he'll never find his building tools nowwwww!

Spud then hides all the building tools within a person's house.

Spud: Spud's onnnn the job!

Then, he zooms away with Scrambler.

Lofty: Uh yeah, he's always up to no good.

Bob: Well then, Scoop, can you follow Scrambler's marks so we can find this tool warehouse and find all the building tools?

Scoop: Sure thing, Bob!

Bob and Scoop then go off to the tool warehouse. They soon arrive and Bob notes that it is a mess.

Bob: Well then....if there is any job...I can do it! Bob is on the job!

After the cutscene, you play as Bob and explore the warehouse. The level is similar to the game in the VSmile game "Bob's Busy Day" titled Looking for Tools. In this level, you will have to find the tool Bob is thinking about. If you find the wrong tool, it will be like the VSmile game and that a voice will say "That's not the right tool." Occassionally, there will be falling books like in the original level in the VSmile game. Even Spud will be in the background. You must find all the tools to complete the level.

After the level:

Bob finally looks at all the tools and puts them back in place. Spud then finds Bob.

Spud: I'm sorry Bob....I just wanted to play a little trick on you.

Bob: Spud...you know better than this. You shouldn't touch anybody else's things. Now, I have to go mend some pipes.

Bob then gets thanked by the owner as he goes away on Scoop. We see Bob's team doing work around the town as he goes to the site of the pipes until...he notices the skies turning dark.

Bob: Oh dear....this has never happened before.

Scoop: Hmmm...the skies look very bad. We must warn the others.

Bob and Scoop then head off to meet the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Wendy and the other machines were repairing a building until....

Wendy: Oh no! Look out everyone!

All the machines are scared as the purple goo with tentacles being the Anomaly come in and possess all of them.

Bob and Scoop try to get away but Scoop gets captured in the goo as well.

Scoop: BOB!!!!

Bob: Scoop!!!!!

Then, afterwards, the entirety of Bobsville as well as all the other places Bob has done work in have been destroyed by the Anomaly. We see Bob in a barren city that represents Spring City.

Bob: Huh....this place does kind of look like something familiar....but I lost Wendy, Spud, my team...everyone. Who am I going to help now?

We then see the Anomaly form a monster that is resemblant of the 2015 Bob the Builder appearance alongside an Anomaly version of Two-Tonne the semi-trailer.

2015-Possessed Anomaly Bob: L̷͇͇͙̍̅̚ĕ̸̮̮̝̱́͐͊̓͐́̈́́͝t̶̨̳͉͆̆̆̍̒̀̈́͋̕'̴̨̢̭̰̟̗̙̳̤̯͚͖͗͛̀͒͆s̴͉̼̪̗̼̹̹͎̟̯̙̺͂̀ͅ ̵̪͌͑̀̌̓͋̽̓̌̉̊̈́͐͠g̷̡͖̗̥̬̠̓̈̈́́̂̋̏̌͑͜͝e̸̯͙̩̩͉͕͉̭̣͎̜̹͔̓̆͠t̷̨̧̨̛̞̥̻̗̙̮̯̒́ ̶̢̧̧͇̳̥̯̖͈̠̱̙͐̒t̷̡̢̠̫̘͎̺͔̊̂h̴̢̛͖̻̫̺͉͕̝̘̐͗͆̆̾̍̌̅̅̑̚͝i̵̟͙̟̤̾̈́͊̈́͌̒͊̍̋͊̎̎̄͝s̷̼̟̣̯̺̯͆̇́̎̄́̊̍̈̐̚ ̷̛͇̫̭͓͉̹̃̏̊́͋̀͒̍̌̎͘j̵̡͋̋o̵̪̦̼̩̗̼̮̯̫̠̩̽̔̇́͂̍̅̂̑̚͠ͅb̷̧͙̱͍̤̲̺̪̞̳͇̹͕̳͓͂͆́͆̈̌̀͐̈͑̏̒́̐̋ ̵̱̻̣͓͍̯̬̭̠̩͉͍̻̇̍̈̌̔̈́̓̏̋͘͜ͅf̶̥̞̆͛͝͝ỉ̷̖́͑̀̋̇͊͌͝n̶̰̭̲̭̂̈̆̈́͛͛̀̔̓̚ǐ̴̡̼̗̠̖̜̼͍̜̩̝͚̄̚͜ͅͅş̸͖̭̊̂̇̅ḫ̷̥͈̼̦̿͐̿̈͗̍̃́͝e̴͇̹̭̣̼̬̹̰͉͇̥̗͍͖͆̿̔̔̀̎̀̽̒̕̚͝d̷̢̨͓̤͉̝̭̩͈̞̗̦̽̓̋̀̽́͗̀̐͝͝͝͠ͅ!̷̨͙̫̇̈́̒̉̄́̊̅́̾͐̀̕͝͝ͅ

Two-Tonne possessed by the Anomaly: Ỹ̶̻͖͖ó̸͍͘ṳ̶̧̡̭͈̹͈̣̥̜͔̼̖͗͊́͋̓̿͐̀̐̅̈́̅͘ ̵̢̨͇̮̗͕͉͎̳̙̗̏̀̿͋̂̿̓̿͝͝͠͠ç̵̢͇̻̗͈̝̺̩̈́͒͑͜a̴̢̨̻̺̺͖͈̬̥͔͎͍͛͐̈́̽̃̽͜͜͠ͅn̸̢̘̼͖͚͇͔͍̣̬̟̲̠̙͊̓͝ ̵̡̼̪̫̄̿͜r̶̛͕̭̠͙̺̹̳̬͇̫̮̞̊̀́̈́̀̂̉̎̃͌͝ę̸̖̝̻̺̠̭͍̽͑͘l̷̢̡̦̪̲̦̻̬͙̞͓͈͙̯͒͌̀̆̾͗̀̋̑̓̊͌̈́̚͠y̷̬̣̞̦͇͍̩͔̅̏̒̈́̔́́̈́̂̈́̈́͜͜ ̵̧̫̺̣͍̯͚́͒̃̌ǫ̴̢̖̼͎̺̳̘̱̌̆ͅn̷̹͕̹̝̳̦͙̠͈̰͇̘̦̅̇͆̿̒ ̵̬͗̔͂̄m̷̹̬̀̌͌͑̒̌͂̒̎̀͑̕͝͝e̷̛̛̩̰̖͎̹̮͂̌͆̓̔̏͌͛͒́,̸̢̭̰̺̘̳̬̼͈̰͑̑̓̓͐͗́̉̀̕͘̕͜͝͠ͅͅ ̷̘͈͉̏̒̉̊̐̈́̂̀͗͗̇̀̈́B̷̟̰̥̜͓̤͖̞͎͉̈́̓͠͝o̵̞̺͍̭̍̽̀̈́͝͝b̸̛̠̬͕͔̘̱̗͕͇͚̍̑̆̒͌͒͐̕͘͝!̵̢̧̢̛͔̤̦̥̼̯͎̙̄́̓̎̐͗̅̑͜͝

Bob the Builder: I can fix the two of them because that Bob is not me!

Bob then proceeds to find a way out of the

After the cutscene, you play as Bob through a platforming section based on Springfield City. You have to get away from the 2015 Bob the Builder and Two-Tonne. The Anomaly's minions based on Bob the Builder characters will attack you. You will reach a dead end of the level where you will fight a mini-boss of the 2015 Bob which has the same moveset as Bob the Builder but more powerful. Occasionally, Two-Tonne will try and ram you.

After the level:

The 2015 Bob and Two-Tonne disappear.

Bob: I'm glad that's over. Now...where to find my team...

Bob continues to look around until for some reason....he approaches a portal that takes him to a snowy valley seen in the eleventh chapter of the story mode. He then notices a little girl cold and stranded.

It is revealed that the little girl is none other than Molly Mabray. We see her making a vlog.

Molly: Oh well...as you can see, some purple goo thing is trying to get me and...

Suddenly, Bob approaches her.

Molly: Ahh! Who are you, Mr. Builder? Leave me-

Bob: Now, now then, I'm Bob, Bob the Builder. I am a builder who builds and fixes things. What is your name, little girl?

Molly: Well, I'm Molly. It seems that we're both in the same situation. I lost all my friends and family from the village of Qyah which is located in Alaska!

Bob: I lost all my friends and my construction vehicles. Say...you may need a house to leave in, don't you? Your here in the c-c-c-coldddd.

Molly: Yes, yes, I am.

Bob: Well...I can build a little house to stay in to keep you warm.

Moly: Thanks, Bob.

After the cutscene, you play as Bob fighting building materials to build Molly a mini-shack through a platforming section. You must not only deal with the Anomaly's minions, but also snowstorms that can blow you back and obstruct the view a little as well as heavy snow which can lower your movement speed. Then, once the building materials are gathered, you must build the shack in the spot with the arrow pointing to it.

After the level:

We see Molly making a vlog once again.

Molly: This is my new friend, Bob! He has an AMAZING talent of building things! He is quite the builder!

Bob: Heyyy everyone! I built Molly this nice shack. I was able to help out a new friend!

Molly: Well, that's all for now! Mashi'choo!

She ends the vlog.

Molly: Well, thanks Bob!

Bob: Anytime, Molly. I better find a way to my friends to rescue them and my home!

Molly: Best of luck! I'm going to cheer you on!

The two part ways as Bob continues his journey. He notices Big Bird, Elmo, Arthur, Buster, Mr. Rogers, Barney, Chris and Martin, Digit, Hacker, Lionel, the Teletubbies, Ord and Ruff Ruffman up in the clouds of a tall mountaintop.

Bob: Wow, they all seem like they all made it out. Maybe I should join....

Just then, an Anomaly-monster comes afoot based on Conrad and his mega machines. It makes a loud roar!

Bob: Oh...it's that one foreman who saw that other version of me and um...had those "Mega Machines!"

Anomaly-possessed Conrad with his Mega Machines: Į̶̣̜̫̚'̷̨̧̣̺̦̙̝͇̝̹̬̰̂̈͑̊͜l̵̛̰̄͌̈́̄́̌̈́̋͌̈́̏̅͝͝ļ̴̑͋̂͋͝ ̷͕̞̜̟̰̩͚̞͓͔̍̄́̄̂͘͠t̸͈͍͓͇̘͇̰͕͚͉̥̠̥͂̈́̈́̊̑̾͗̿͛̽͌ư̸̗͇̫̺͎̟̐̔̏̍̑̌̈́͛̌̓̒͑̚͝r̸̡̛̛̫͕̭͚̼̜̂͌̓̔͑̒̌̑͒͘͜͝͝ͅn̸̢̨̘͍͔̟̞̻̹̘̽͊̎̌̌̎̿͑̕̕͝ ̷͚̘͌͆̍̇͠ỳ̸̡͙̩̟̰̫̹̰̟͈̂͑́̈̎̾̑̋͜ǫ̶͈̳̺̟̇̒̈́̔̋u̴̲̰̜̹͈͎͔̖͖͎̣͓̓̔̔͋̈̂̾͑̃̽̚̚͠ ̵́͆́̀́̓̉͛̎̕͝͠ͅi̸̩͉͖͍͔̪͍͍̫̦͉̐̋̇͗́̾̐̈̆̓̔̔̇͝n̶̨͈͓͖̰̪͍̩̯̘͊̈́̈́́͒̿͜ẗ̸̬́̉̍͐̍̈́̑̃̄͆̈́̈́͘̚͝o̴͍̯͈̬͆̈̓ ̷͇̭̪͔͇͕̜̺̽͗̎̇͒͒̔̕͠ͅs̵̢͚̭̙̞͓̝̗̲̩̠͒͐̀͜c̴̜͙͍̫͔̭̞͚̜̹̔̄̂r̸̨̼̥͍͙̼̦̫̝͔̹̀̀͊͜ͅͅa̴̧̢̘̬̠͉̤͈̯͂̈̽̓ṕ̴̢̞̯̫̗͈̦͓͎̏͂̽͌͜ ̶̪̪̖̺̰͕͚̎̈́̾͒̔̊̆͗̏̚m̸̟͖̰͎̹̞̤̮̓̐̾́̾̍͒̌͒͝ͅe̴̢̩̮͇͍̣̰̺̘͎̪͍̒̽̈́̑̋̎̿͐̈́̄̋̃͛̑̈́t̶̡̛̰̟̞͙̼̤̖̉͋̅̄̃̂̄̊̒́̏͜͝͠a̴̡̢̲̱͍̱͓͈̻̥͙̟̿̍̈́ͅl̶̢̲̻̺̼̺̭͕̤͈͂̎̉̊̍̂͆̅̍̑̔!̷̙̙̱̟̳̳̲̥̩͚̥̤͗͌̄̊̆̆͜͠

Bob prepares to face off against this opponent.

After the cutscene, you must face off against Anomaly-possessed Conrad and his Mega Machines. His attacks are based on his Mega Machines, Ace, Thunder and Crunch. Dodge his attacks as they will give you a lot of damage! The Anomaly minions will occassionally appear as well.

After the boss fight:

The Anomaly-possessed Conrad decides to fall down and ultimately explode.

Bob: Well, that was a good job done! Now, to find my f-

He gets interrupted as the Anomaly Monster takes over all the Dimensions. He notices above that the 19 survivors all got sucked into some dimension while he gets sucked into the bigger Anomaly Monster.

Bob: AAAAAAAA!

Afterwards, we see Bob wake up being all captured where he sees Spud, Wendy, his machines and all his friends.

Wendy: Bob! Your here with us!

Bob: I was trying to find all of you but...some big monster with mega machines attacked me. And, I had to get the job done by defeating him.

Scoop: Well...I guess we'll be stuck here together.

Dizzy: No more pouring cement.

Tumbler even looks sad as well.

Roley: No more rolling....

We then see similar to what happens in Chapter 16. We see WordGirl and Xavier enter the Anomaly.

Similar to what happened in Chapter 16...

Xavier: Well, here we are.....this must be the inside of this monster. Wow, it sure is dark and creepy in here! But I must do what I'm told if we're going to end all this! I guess this will be the last of us......

WordGirl: This will not be the end of us, Xavier! Even if we have to be gone in the process, just know we'll always stick together, no matter what. Maybe we should explore the inside first...

Inside the Anomaly was a large dark purple cave where they can see the various PBS Kids characters the Anomaly has captured, all stick together by mysterious purple goo and stuff that resembles vassals in the human body. Xavier Riddle then looks far and points to some characters he recognizes.

Bob even watches the two go on.

Bob: Here's to hoping we can all be freed and go home...

We watch WordGirl and Xavier Riddle take down the Anomaly and then rewatch the sacrifice the two make. Meanwhile...all the other PBS Kids characters are freed! Bob himself was freed as well.

Bob: Quickly team! We must get out of here!

After the cutscene, you must help free everyone as Bob and then get out of the Anomaly via a platforming section. In the stage, there will be debris falling to impede their progress and which they must avoid. You have a limited time to make it out of the Anomaly like in the epilogue.

After the platforming section:

We see what happens in the epilogue with all the PBS Kids characters freed. Bob and his team are relieved to be free.

Bob: Wendy! Spud! Team! Everyone! We're back together!!!

Everyone then hugs and celebrates.

Scoop: But...what happened to our home? And...

We then see the team look at Ord notice the big city in the distance.

Wendy: It seems...there is a city over there that everyone is going to.

Dizzy: Brilliant!!!

Bob: Well team, off to new beginnings! Can..we...start new!

The team, Wendy and everyone else: YES! WE! CAN!

Lofty: Uh yeah...I think so....

Bob and his team then head off. We then cut to a montage of Bob and his team doing construction/repair work with the Bob the Builder theme playing in the background.

Six Months Later......

We see Bob and his team:

• Repair pipes around the city like the level in Bob's Busy Day
  • See them build a new park similar to the one in the Bob the Builder PC game Bob Builds a Park
  • Make a crossing for hedgehogs with Lofty doing it
  • Make new roads with Dizzy and Tumbler pouring cement on it and then Roley flattens it
  • Delivering supplies with Packer and Two-Tonne
  • Repair a railway track with Sir Topham Hatt watching them as Thomas approaches with Annie and Clarabel with Bob successfully completing the repair
  • Working on the roads
  • Catching Spud and his antics to various PBS Kids characters
Then, at the end, we see Bob, Wendy and all the machines from Bob the Builder come down a hill similar to the original intro going to their new home after a long day's work with at the end, Bob waving to the screen while riding on Scoop with the theme song ending.

End of Chapter

I know this chapter was a bit lengthy but...I got inspired by the fact that we had some jobs based on the PBS KIds video games....so I thought, Why not make one of the platforming sections based on one of the Bob the Builder video games from an edutainment console that wasn't too good but still nostalgic? Plus, I threw in other references to other Bob the Builder video games and episodes as well. I hope you all enjoy it.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Not to sound like I'm too lazy, but AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's submissions go with most of the things I had in mind, plus in the story mode chapter, it was sort of a good way to close off a plot hole in the core story mode.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so for the final assist for the Bob update, I just added Splash and Biubbles since I was the only one who voiced my opinion about the tie. I do feel Duck should be a fighter at some point due to his moveset potential as well as the fact that WordWorld is super iconic. Alongside this, my Learning Book set for Bob as well as my DLC Story Mode chapter idea for him will be used so yay for me all around! Now, onward to our next job to keep the thread moving.

Job 216:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Bob the Builder. Similar to Donkey and Ms. O in a way, I feel one of the events should focus around Bob himself. I was thinking we should have one of the event matches be based around Carnival Chaos. The final two can be based around one of the new assists being Splash and Bubbles and Jamie, Zuzu and Val. That's just me but you can do event matches based on the new content that comes with Bob the Builder. It does not have to be the same thought process I have but just focus the event matches on the new content that comes with the update. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My event ideas for the Bob Update:

Event #Extra01: Tool Power!
Event description:
Bob the Builder has recently joined the Brawltime party! Given that the guests of the party have learned that Bob is quite a magnificent builder, he wants to show off his versatility with the tools he uses. Can you help Bob show off his various skills and how he gets jobs done?
Player: Bob
Stage: Bobsville Castle
Opponent(s): 3 Random Opponents for Every Playthrough
Event objective: As Bob, you need to use the correct tool that is shown off near Bob's icon. Basically, you have to use every tool or move in his moveset at least once (twice on harder difficulties). You have to hit at least one opponent with the move to count towards completing the event. If he uses the wrong move or gets KOd, you fail the event.
References: No specific reference to any Bob the Builder episode besides his versatility with lots of different tools and construction equipment. However, the event name Tool Power! is a reference to a Bob the Builder VHS/DVD titled the same name.

Event #Extra02: The Ultimate Game of Hide and Seek
Event description:
Bubbles has convinced Splash to play hide and seek with her as well as some new friends they met! However, these new friends are pretty good at hide and seek. Although, their bubble blowing skills could help them win this game.
Player: Choice
Assist: Splash and Bubbles
Stage: The Magic School Bus (only on the undersea section of the stage)
Opponent(s): Random opponents for every playthrough (5 for easier difficulties, 8 for harder difficulties)
Event objective: Your opponents are invisible and can attack you. As the fighter you are playing as, you need to fill up the assist meter so Splash and Bubbles can use their function as an assist to find the invisble fighters. Once the assist meter is full, you must use Splash and Bubbles to blow bubbles on where you think an opponent or opponents are hiding. When you catch an ooponent in a bubble, they get KOd. Once you catch all your opponents in the bubbles, you win. If you get KOd, you fail the event.
References: The Splash and Bubbles episode The Ultimate Hide and Seek as well as the stage being the section of the Magic School Bus stage where it is in the underwater section is a reference to...well, Splash and Bubbles being a show that takes place underwater.

Event #Extra03: Carnival Chaos with Ski Balls!
Event description:
Uh oh! It seems Hacker has mind-controlled some of the fighters at the Brawltime party to help him guard the Mega Bolt he stole that fell right into some carnival! Digit will need some help from his friends to win a game of ski ball in order to win the Mega Bolt back to restore piece in Cyberspace.
Player: Digit
Allies: Arthur, Dash (In Dot alt.), Wordgirl (Represent Matt, Inez and Jackie respectively)
Stage: Carnival Chaos
Opponent(s): Hacker plus 3 other random opponents with dark aura around them (5 for harder difficulties)
Opponent(s)' Assists: Delete (for Hacker)
Event objective: As Digit, you need to KO each opponent with the Ski Ball item regardless of the fraction/multiplyer that's on them. If you KO the opponents in any other way, the opponent you KOd will respawn. If you lose all your allies, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the Event Match.
References: The Cyberchase PC game Carnival Chaos. Specifically, this event match is a reference to the Ski Ball game where the ski balls have different fractions/multiplyers on them.

Event #Extra04: Training For The Dragon Relay
Event description:
On your marks, get set, fly! It seems Cassie has trained Jamie, Zuzu and Val to fly in a dragon relay since they learned how to fly quite well! Although, they will need a bit of training as well as to help Ord. With your help, this tream of dragons can win the relay...with a bit of practice, of course!
Player: Ord
Assist: Jamie, Zuzu and Val
Ally: Ord (in pink alt to represent Cassie)
Stage: Dragon Land
Event objective: For this event match, you have to answer questions similar to the one in the Dragon Tales PC game Learn and Fly With Dragons to help Ord through the obstacle course. Even if you KO an opponent, that opponent will respawn. The first section will have butterflies appear and you will see a command on the top of the screen asking you "Attack where you see (insert number) of butterflies." Then, the next section involves the firefly shapes. You will see a command on the top of the screen asking you "Attack the shape that's not a square, round, etc." Next, you will see ladders appear. You will then see a command on the top of the screen being "Attack the tallest, smallest, etc. ladder." Next, you will see a log wall. Commands/directions will appear such as "Attack the bottom, top, red, etc. log" Finally, vines will appear. The commands/directions will ask you to "Attack the vine that is longer than the orange vine, the longest, etc." The commands/directions will be read by Ord. If you successfully complete all the sections, you complete the event. If you answer incorrectly, get KOd or self-destruct, you fail the event.
References: The Dragon Tales PC game Learn and Fly With Dragons. Specifically, this event is a reference to the Dragon Relay Training Course game and the order where the objects appear is the same order in the PC game.

To be honest, I'm quite proud of myself for coming up with the "Training for The Dragon Relay" event. It's quite a clever reference. But, I hope you all can come up with your own event ideas!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well since I like AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Non-Bob the Builder extra events, I have one for that actually! I also like that for the Splash and Bubbles event match, the opponents are invisible to reference/symbolize that certain sea animals are masters of camouflage, a nice attention to detail.

Event #Extra01: Can We Build It?
Event description:
Oh no! Looks like some rowdy fighters deliberately broke apart one of the castle spires! Now Bob is on the job to get the spire repaired! Can he build it back? Yes he can!, just so as long as he stays on the construction site and don't let the others take it apart again!
Stage: Bobsville Castle (Unique version with one spire destroyed)
Event objective: As Bob, you simply need to collect building materials scattered all across the stage, with the number of building parts dependent on difficulty, and use them to rebuild one of the castle spires. Once you got some building materials, take them to the spire and use Bob's tools to build them into place! Finish the spire to clear the event! The opponents in this event will attack the spire to try to break it apart, piece by piece, but you can KO them to have them not reappear after a while.
References: No specific reference to any Bob the Builder episode besides just the building themes in general and various building games in various Bob the Builder video games.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so for the final assist for the Bob update, I just added Splash and Biubbles since I was the only one who voiced my opinion about the tie. I do feel Duck should be a fighter at some point due to his moveset potential as well as the fact that WordWorld is super iconic. Alongside this, my Learning Book set for Bob as well as my DLC Story Mode chapter idea for him will be used so yay for me all around! Now, onward to our next job to keep the thread moving.

Job 216:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Bob the Builder. Similar to Donkey and Ms. O in a way, I feel one of the events should focus around Bob himself. I was thinking we should have one of the event matches be based around Carnival Chaos. The final two can be based around one of the new assists being Splash and Bubbles and Jamie, Zuzu and Val. That's just me but you can do event matches based on the new content that comes with Bob the Builder. It does not have to be the same thought process I have but just focus the event matches on the new content that comes with the update. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

My event ideas for the Bob Update:

Event #Extra01: Tool Power!
Event description:
Bob the Builder has recently joined the Brawltime party! Given that the guests of the party have learned that Bob is quite a magnificent builder, he wants to show off his versatility with the tools he uses. Can you help Bob show off his various skills and how he gets jobs done?
Stage: Bobsville Castle
Event objective: As Bob, you need to use the correct tool that is shown off near Bob's icon. Basically, you have to use every tool or move in his moveset at least once (twice on harder difficulties). You have to hit at least one opponent with the move to count towards completing the event. If he uses the wrong move or gets KOd, you fail the event.
References: No specific reference to any Bob the Builder episode besides his versatility with lots of different tools and construction equipment. However, the event name Tool Power! is a reference to a Bob the Builder VHS/DVD titled the same name.
Well since I like AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Non-Bob the Builder extra events, I have one for that actually! I also like that for the Splash and Bubbles event match, the opponents are invisible to reference/symbolize that certain sea animals are masters of camouflage, a nice attention to detail.

Event #Extra01: Can We Build It?
Event description:
Oh no! Looks like some rowdy fighters deliberately broke apart one of the castle spires! Now Bob is on the job to get the spire repaired! Can he build it back? Yes he can!, just so as long as he stays on the construction site and don't let the others take it apart again!
Stage: Bobsville Castle (Unique version with one spire destroyed)
Event objective: As Bob, you simply need to collect building materials scattered all across the stage, with the number of building parts dependent on difficulty, and use them to rebuild one of the castle spires. Once you got some building materials, take them to the spire and use Bob's tools to build them into place! Finish the spire to clear the event! The opponents in this event will attack the spire to try to break it apart, piece by piece, but you can KO them to have them not reappear after a while.
References: No specific reference to any Bob the Builder episode besides just the building themes in general and various building games in various Bob the Builder video games.
Alright, my 2nd, 3rd and 4th events got in by default. But now, we need to vote for Bob's event. Read both events and vote on the Strawpoll below for whose event should get in.

Bob the Builder Event Poll
Tool Power! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Can We Build It? PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, time for our next two jobs:

Job 217:

Given we have not done this for any DLC update yet....

Come up with an idea for an enhancement for a mode in the game. Basically, an update that will be improving a mode and adding a big feature to enhance the experience.

Job 218:

Based on an idea that Pop had a while back....

Introducing Legacy Skins! As part of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit, the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Development Team has
decided to collaborate with various platform fighter majors/major Smash tournaments/etc. and even other stuff to make skins for characters based on the various majors and whatever to come with each Learner's Pass pack. Submit up to 3 skin ideas based on majors or other ideas even outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins. The top 3 ideas will be added to Bob's pack.

Enhancement for mode in game:

Website Games (and potentially video games) added to the PBS Kids Archives

An idea I had a while back. Basically, beyond just the episodes of PBS Kids shows, we should add the website games and even potentially video games to the PBS Kids Archives to up the nostalgia! We can even throw in some webpages to make it look like a whole archive of PBS Kids history.

Legacy Skins:

Lionel Lion in GENESIS Colors and with Microphone in Ear (similar to his Microphone in the Mane-O-Mania hat)

deb0y1c-73f6383b-855d-4b3e-a807-65b8a5d35a80.png
FcPq56oaAAASZVA.jpg-large.jpeg

Lionel is the "space animal" of the game basically so why not have him in GENESIS colors to honor one of the oldest tournaments in Smash/eSports history?

Big Bird in Let's Make Big Moves T-Shirt and Black Hat that says "GAMEING" on it

big-bird-portrait_0.jpg
let-s-make-big-moves-shirt-youth-tee.jpg

Honoring another more recent Smash Ultimate major that occurs in New York City (as well as now in Miami), Big Bird is sporting the Let's Make Big Moves drip. Given Sesame Street takes place in New York City, why not have Big Bird represent a big major from his home city? Plus, Max Ketchum (the TO of the tournament) would so support this game like he did for Nick All Star Brawl, Flash Party and other platfighters. Gameing is a reference to how Max spells gaming if anyone is wondering. I have been to a Let's Make Big Moves way back in January 2020, super hype event. So, a perfect way to honor the event.

Ord in Japanese-Inspired Streetwear

ezgif-3-328ecd6f0a.jpg
ezgif-5-269ab9d520.jpg

Basically, based on the story mode epilogue's ending, Ord will be sporting the streetwear he wore at the end of the story mode! I feel to balance out the fact I submitted two alternate skins based on Smash majors, why not have one based on an event that happened in PBS Kids: Brawltime! and not in a PBS Kids show?

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well I really like AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Enhancement idea, as I did something similar over on my Creates thread, Bloons Blowout, but I just have Legacy Skins.

Wordgirl: Shine Outfit
1675044260742.png

1675044271892.png

This special outfit gives Wordgirl a Shine-themed superhero suit that has various shades for the colors associated with Shine as well as the Shine logo on her torso. Certain attacks of hers also produce a flash of blue hexagon energy.

The Kratt Bros: Low Tide City-themed outfits
1675045036441.png

1675045066715.png

I tried to think of a good fighter who has connections to underwater, with the Kratt Bros. being the closest one. In addition to their outfits being themed to the colors for the tourney itself, their attacks will have various painting-style splashes coming out of them, and when dashing, they will appear as if they're surfing on painting-style waves, kinda like Squirtle's dash but more artistic.

Xavier Riddle: Cybertronic suit
1675045221008.png

1675045225851.png

A post-story mode themed outfit, based on what he, Yadina and Brad wore in the neon-gaming-futuristic city when they stopped by the Teletubbies' food place to eat Tubby Ramon.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Legacy Skins:

Lionel Lion in GENESIS Colors and with Microphone in Ear (similar to his Microphone in the Mane-O-Mania hat)

View attachment 367207View attachment 367208

Lionel is the "space animal" of the game basically so why not have him in GENESIS colors to honor one of the oldest tournaments in Smash/eSports history?

Big Bird in Let's Make Big Moves T-Shirt and Black Hat that says "GAMEING" on it

View attachment 367209View attachment 367210

Honoring another more recent Smash Ultimate major that occurs in New York City (as well as now in Miami), Big Bird is sporting the Let's Make Big Moves drip. Given Sesame Street takes place in New York City, why not have Big Bird represent a big major from his home city? Plus, Max Ketchum (the TO of the tournament) would so support this game like he did for Nick All Star Brawl, Flash Party and other platfighters. Gameing is a reference to how Max spells gaming if anyone is wondering. I have been to a Let's Make Big Moves way back in January 2020, super hype event. So, a perfect way to honor the event.

View attachment 367211View attachment 367212

Basically, based on the story mode epilogue's ending, Ord will be sporting the streetwear he wore at the end of the story mode! I feel to balance out the fact I submitted two alternate skins based on Smash majors, why not have one based on an event that happened in PBS Kids: Brawltime! and not in a PBS Kids show?
Well I really like AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Enhancement idea, as I did something similar over on my Creates thread, Bloons Blowout, but I just have Legacy Skins.

View attachment 367296
View attachment 367297

This special outfit gives Wordgirl a Shine-themed superhero suit that has various shades for the colors associated with Shine as well as the Shine logo on her torso. Certain attacks of hers also produce a flash of blue hexagon energy.

View attachment 367298
View attachment 367299

I tried to think of a good fighter who has connections to underwater, with the Kratt Bros. being the closest one. In addition to their outfits being themed to the colors for the tourney itself, their attacks will have various painting-style splashes coming out of them, and when dashing, they will appear as if they're surfing on painting-style waves, kinda like Squirtle's dash but more artistic.

View attachment 367300
View attachment 367301

A post-story mode themed outfit, based on what he, Yadina and Brad wore in the neon-gaming-futuristic city when they stopped by the Teletubbies' food place to eat Tubby Ramon.
Alright so Pop's event idea for Bob the Builder got in so congrats to him! Alongside this, my enhancement for the PBS Kids Archives will be added by default. We will talk about that when it is time for the next main job (meaning Job 220). Now, we need to vote on the Legacy Skins that will be added to Bob's pack. Vote for your top 4. Your own can come in first if you want. The top 3 alternate costumes will get in!

Legacy Skins:

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Legacy Skins

PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn 's Legacy Skins

Now, onto our next two jobs; one main job about new episodes to add to the PBS Kids Archives and a side job for Bob's reveal trailer!

Job 219:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Bob the Builder update. I feel we'll add one episode for each Bob the Builder series (one for the original, one for Project Build It!, one for Ready, Steady, Build! and one for the 2015 series), an episode for Splash and Bubbles for the Splash and Bubbles assist, an episode from Alma's Way for the Bronx Rooftops stage and one bonus episode for a series represented in the game.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Bob the Builder. A quick prompt for this trailer for context while writing your trailer scripts for Bob. Since this is the first paid DLC character for PBS Kids: Brawltime!, Bob will get a teaser trailer similar to Joker in Super Smash Bros Ultimate at some game event. Alongside this, tie Bob's reveal trailer into some idea for a new edutainment video game/product (could be a new Bob the Builder video game, a remastered Bob the Builder video game, a special Classic Edition of an edutainment video game console, etc.if you want. I just want to make Bob's trailer a special one.) So, it will be a two-part trailer for sure.

Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Legacy Skins Votes:

1. Lionel Lion Genesis
2. Kratt Bros LTC
3. Ord Streetwear
4. Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Bob the Builder:

Spud the Super-Wrench/Bob Saves the Porcupines

There are many episodes that could work but I remember this episode fondly. I remember a cancelled episode from the Thomas and Friends spinoff titled Jack and the Sodor Construction Company had an episode titled Alfie Has a Secret which had a similar plot to the Bob the Builder episode Bob Saves the Porcupines. Lots of good episodes but I feel I will nominate these two together.

Bob the Builder: Project Build It!:

Tumbler and the Skate Park (and whatever episode its paired with on airings)

An episode focusing around Tumbler who is an assist in our game. It's his debut episode.

Bob the Builder: Ready, Steady, Build!:

The Legend of the Golden Hammer

A Bob the Builder special comprised of 6 episodes that has to do with the titular item of the same name that is in the game. I don't care for Ready, Steady, Build! but I feel these episodes should be in the Archives.

Bob the Builder (the 2015 series):

Sky-High Scoop (and whatever episode its paired with on airings):

I don't care for the 2015 Bob but this episode focuses on the lifts or elevators that Bob uses as his Up Special so have that if you will.

Splash and Bubbles:

Partner Pals/Ultimate Hide and Seek

Mostly for the second half since that is what the Splash and Bubbles event is based on.

Alma's Way:

Alma's Rescue Repair/Alma Cools Off (Paired with the Jelly, Ben and Pogo episode as well)

Any episode will work but to stick with the Bob the Builder theme, this episode has to do with repairing/fixing so why not add this one?

Bonus episode:

Barney and Friends:

Alphabet Soup!

We have an event based on this episode and we need an episode for the classic Barney and Friends series in the PBS Kids Archives so this one works perfectly. I was going to submit that Salmon of Knowledge episode from Jakers! to represent the Salmon of Knowledge item that comes in this update but I felt that another episode from Barney and Friends should be added first.

My reveal trailer for Bob the Builder:

Can We Win It?

Part I (At some video game event)

It starts off with the video game event host saying "So...for our next world premiere, we are hoping to bring back some memories from such an underrated genre of video games. Time to unlock some of your deepest memories from your childhood. Please....have a look."

The lights turn black in the venue where the video game event is held. After some World Premiere ident, we then get a familiar sounding boot-up with a cute little orange square mascot appear. It appears to be none other than....the V-Smile Classic!

Similar to the NES and SNES Classic, this console is simply a re-released VSMile with over 50 built-in games representing 2000s edutainment titles. We see the title of the console being "VSmile Classic" and we see footage of various VSMile games on the console being showcased.

Some of these titles include:

• Alphabet Park Adventure
  • VSmile Art Studio
  • Blue's Clues: Collection Day
  • Zayzoo: My Alien Classmate
  • Dora's Fix-It Adventure
  • Batman: Gotham City Rescue
  • Spongebob Squarepants: A Day In The Life Of A Sponge
  • Even The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood was included as a bonus for the first time despite being unreleased.
After we see a good amount of some VSmile games (both original and licensed), we then see more footage but...it seems to be footage from various licensed VSMile games that were based on various PBS Kids shows.

These included:

• Sesame Street: Bert & Ernie's Imagination Adventure
  • Thomas and Friends: Engines Working Together
  • Teletubbies: Time for Teletubbies
  • Barney: The Land of Make-Believe
  • Elmo's World: Elmo's Big Discoveries
And finally....

• Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day
It then cuts back to showing the VSmile Classic logo for a bit with it saying "More Info Coming Soon" underneath the logo. Then, we cut back to footage of Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day. We see of a cutscene of Bob in his office with Pilchard resting beside him in the VSmile graphics. We also hear a VSmile-esque soundtrack for Bob the Builder. We see some text pop up saying.

"I am ready for a busy day. Isn't that right Pilchard?"

We see Pilchard look at Bob.

"Hmmm. I wonder what is in my email today?"

Pilchard is seen jumping up and down.

We see an "!" appear above Bob's head.

"It's some invite to some Brawltime party!"

We hear Dash's voice in the VSmile-esque graphics read it:

Dear Bob,

It has been forever. I have some spare invites I have to still use for my Brawltime party! I am inviting all my friends old and new. I was wondering if you and your team would like to come and attend the party. You can show off your amazing building skills!

From,

Dash

We then see a cutscene change.

We then see Bob speak to his team. In the VSmile-esque voice, we hear alongside the text at the bottom

"Morning team! We have a special job today, we are going to Dash's Brawltime Party!"

All the machines cheer.

Then, we hear in Bob's voice with the VSmile-esque voice chip with the text:

"Can we win it?"

All the machines say:

"Yes we can!"

We then get a click back to the Bob's Busy Day games with the announcer saying "Select a Game"

It then clicks on the PBS Kids logo where we see a text say "Dash's Brawltime Party" with the announcer saying it.

We then see Bob and his machines heading there. We also see Spud on Scrambler trying to catch up.

It then cuts to a black screen saying "Bob the Builder will be at the Brawltime Party soon. He is the first character for the first Learner's Pass."

We then see the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo with the 20 base roster characters by it as well as Donkey and Ms. O but no Bob yet. We then see the head developers of PBS Kids: Brawltime! appear saying:

"Well, a two in one surprise, huh? We hope you are all enjoying PBS Kids: Brawltime! so far! Bob the Builder will be joining the Brawltime party, but we will need a bit more time to prepare him. Until then, be prepared to fix it and build it with Bob! We assure you Bob will be amazing!"

The screen cuts to black and we see the announcer continue the show commending the announcement as a great one.

Part II (The PBS Kids: Brawltime! Presentation titled Bob the Builder's Brawltime Party Introduction!)

We start off with a montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus Donkey and Ms. O. Then, we hear some construction vehicle sounds. We then see Announcer Bunny pop out of his hat.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here to let you all know, Bob the Builder and his team have arrived to the Brawltime party! Let's see how they'll get on here with the fighters!

Announcer Bunny pops back into his hat.

We then cut to CGI where Bob and his machines appear.

Bob: Well team, we made it to the Brawltime Party! So, once again team, can we win it?

Bob's Machines: YES! WE! CAN!

Lofty: Uh...yeah I think so!

Then, it cuts to Bob the Builder making a pose and then it cuts to the newcomer introduction screen...

Introducing Bob the Builder! (Bob the Builder stands next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Bob the Builder!")

We first see Bob the Builder fight against Ms. Frizzle, Barney and Elmo on PTV Park. We see him showcasing off his moveset while we hear a remixed version of the Bob the Builder theme in the background.

We even see his tools in action!

Wendy: Bob sure seems ready with all those tools in his hands!

Spud: Yes...quite soooo.....

We then see the tool durability gimmick with Bob using his hammer as we see the hammer icon by his stocks.

Dizzy: He sure knows when to use what tool!

We then see footage of the Bobsville Castle stage with Bob fighting Dash and Ord.

Bob: This is the castle that we helped build as well as restore!

We see the machines as the hazards as they do their thing. We even see footage of Bob's events "Can We Build It?" where we see one of the castle spires down with Bob fighting Arthur, Xavier Riddle and Marvin.

Scoop: Oh no! The spire is down!

We then see Bob gather the building materials by the spire.

Bob: Not to worry everyone, I can fix it!

We then see Bob being followed by Tumbler on PTV Park fighting against The Kratt Bros and their Createrra XV assist.

Tumbler: I'm here to help, Bob!

Bob: Tumbler is a large cement mixer. He's great at pouring cement. But, he needs a lot of time to mix it!

We see footage of Tumbler and how his assist function works.

We finally see the Brickbeard's Golden Hammer appear on the Great Big Harbor stage where Bob opens up a treasure chest revealing the hammer.

Spud: Woah!!! It's that treasure me and Scrambler found for Bob!

Scrambler: Awwwwesome! Bob truly is the best builder ever!

We then see the Golden Hammer item in action as Bob OHKOs Ms. Frizzle on the Great Big Harbor stage.

We then see funny and good moments from the trailer including:

• Bob with the Gilbert assist and a tiny blue Big Bird on the Bobsville Castle stage
  • Bob with the Sir Topham Hatt assist and Barney with the Angelina Ballerina assist on The Treehouse stage
  • Bob with the Piggley Winks assist trying to chase him
  • Bob using his Up Special on the Cliff's Cliff stage as if he were to rescue Cliff Hanger
We then see some footage of the section of Bob's story mode chapter where Bob goes through a tool warehouse similar to what he went through ijn Bob's Busy Day.

Finally, it cuts to Bob doing his victory animation with his team.

We then see Bob the Builder be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters, Donkey and Ms. O as the Bob the Builder theme plays its last notes.

Then, we cut to gameplay footage where Bob KOs the 2015 Bob (yes, the hideous Bob will be one of Bob's alternate costumes) with the Golden Hammer. Ms. Frizzle then appears and she says in CGI to Bob:

Ms. Frizzle: I guess there's only one real way to do both of us.

Bob: Guess we're a good can-do crew then.

They both shrug.

It then cuts to copyrights and all.

Announcer Bunny: It looks like Bob is well ready for the Brawltime Party being our first fighter for the first Learner's Pass! His Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well as Bob's update coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Bob the Builder as a fighter, his moveset and the Tool Durability gimmick
  • Bobsville Castle as his home stage and the hazards
  • Tumbler as an assist and his function
  • Brickbeard's Golden Hammer as an item and what it does
  • A look at Bob's Event Match "Can We Build It?"
  • A look at Bob's Story Mode Chapter (specifically the tool warehouse portion)
  • One of Bob's alternate costumes being the 2015 Bob as a joke
Notes:

• For the regular "Can We Win It?" trailer, the trailer will start with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters, Donkey and Ms. O by the logo and it will cut right into the VSmile portion with Bob lounging in his office. Also, after the part where Bob and his team travel to the Brawltime Party, it will then cut to Bob arriving at PTV Park with his team and not have Announcer Bunny do the announcing part.
  • The trailer's title is a reference to Bob's catchphrase "Can We Fix It?"

Basically, I wanted Bob's teaser trailer to be a tribute to the hidden era of VSmile/bad edutainment consoles and so forth. And, I feel I did that just fine. I feel there's lots of content here. I do feel Part II is not as good as Part I as this trailer but I look forward to hearing other people's ideas.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Lionel Genesis
2. Ord Streetwear
3. Big Bird Let's Make Big Moves

Bob The Builder (Original):

Travis and Scoop's Race Day

Just an episode of the original series that I fondly remember so much and it's also probably one of my most favorite Bob the Builder episodes. The ending is hilarious too.

Tumbler and the Ice Rink

An episode I found that features Tumbler, and it also has that typical "episode that features ice just to make it hard for the protagonist to get their footing" kind of thing, or wheels in that case for Tumbler.

Like I did with the Odd Squad, I was actually going to write a reveal trailer that plays off another different genre of video games much like the visual novel/DDLC theme I went for the Odd Squad trailer, but AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's idea for a V.Smile Classic is just too fantastic for me, as that's a video game console I have a fond connection with as I remember always seeing it in department stores and Toys R Us for its time, but my parents never had the money to buy one for me. Plus, it's a great way to give on old obscure console some recognition.

On a side note, I want to apologize for my lengthy inactivity here on this thread. Like I said before, this just isn't much of a priority to me as it used to be as I'm wanting to spend my time on other commitments, but I guess I was kind of overdoing myself being inactive here, I'll try to be more active here until the very end.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Legacy Skins Votes:

1. Lionel Lion Genesis
2. Kratt Bros LTC
3. Ord Streetwear

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Bob the Builder:

Spud the Super-Wrench/Bob Saves the Porcupines

There are many episodes that could work but I remember this episode fondly. I remember a cancelled episode from the Thomas and Friends spinoff titled Jack and the Sodor Construction Company had an episode titled Alfie Has a Secret which had a similar plot to the Bob the Builder episode Bob Saves the Porcupines. Lots of good episodes but I feel I will nominate these two together.

Tumbler and the Skate Park (and whatever episode its paired with on airings)

An episode focusing around Tumbler who is an assist in our game. It's his debut episode.
1. Lionel Genesis
2. Ord Streetwear
3. Big Bird Let's Make Big Moves

Bob The Builder (Original):

Travis and Scoop's Race Day

Just an episode of the original series that I fondly remember so much and it's also probably one of my most favorite Bob the Builder episodes. The ending is hilarious too.

Tumbler and the Ice Rink

An episode I found that features Tumbler, and it also has that typical "episode that features ice just to make it hard for the protagonist to get their footing" kind of thing, or wheels in that case for Tumbler.

Like I did with the Odd Squad, I was actually going to write a reveal trailer that plays off another different genre of video games much like the visual novel/DDLC theme I went for the Odd Squad trailer, but AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's idea for a V.Smile Classic is just too fantastic for me, as that's a video game console I have a fond connection with as I remember always seeing it in department stores and Toys R Us for its time, but my parents never had the money to buy one for me. Plus, it's a great way to give on old obscure console some recognition.

On a side note, I want to apologize for my lengthy inactivity here on this thread. Like I said before, this just isn't much of a priority to me as it used to be as I'm wanting to spend my time on other commitments, but I guess I was kind of overdoing myself being inactive here, I'll try to be more active here until the very end.
Alright, time to close the PBS Kids Archives and the Bob the Builder reveal trailer jobs. My episodes for Bob the Builder: Ready, Steady, Build!, the 2015 Bob the Builder series, Splash and Bubbles, Alma's Way as well as the bonus epiosde from Barney and Friends got into the PBS Kids archives. Also, my reveal trailer for Bob the Builder got in by default.

Before we get to voting on the episodes from the original Bob the Builder and Bob the Builder: Project Build It!, time to reveal the results for the Legacy Skins and which three Legacy Skins will be added with the Bob the Builder update.

Here are the results:

Lionel Lion Genesis: 8
Big Bird LMBM Outfit with Gameing Hat: 2
Ord Streetwear: 5
WordGirl Shine: 0 :(
Kratt Bros LTC: 3
Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit: 2

My outfits being the Genesis themed Lionel and Ord sporting Japanese streetwear as well as Pop's Kratt Bros Low Tide City themed alternate costume are our first Legacy Skins so congrats to the both of us!

Now, let's vote on which epiosdes to add to the PBS Kids Archives!

Bob the Builder (Original) Episode Poll
Spud the Super-Wrench/Bob Saves the Porcupines AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Travis and Scoop's Race Day PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Bob the Builder: Project Build It! Episode Poll
Tumbler and the Skate Park (and whatever episode its paired with on airings) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tumbler and the Ice Rink PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also....considering there was the idea of the VSmile Classic is introduced in my Bob the Builder reveal trailer (Only the first part), I was thinking about potentially doing a job (side job) related to any sort of Vtech/Vsmile content such as a stage, costumes, etc. being added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! in a free update in between the Bob the Builder update and the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter to help promote the VSmile Classic! Please vote in the Strawpoll below whether or not we should have free VSmile related content.

Free VSmile Content Poll

Now, onward to our next two jobs:

Job 220:

Since we have decided on website games and potentially video games being added to the PBS Kids Archives, how should we go about doing this? Discuss ideas and submit games that we should add.

Job 221:

Submit a newcomer prompt for the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter. Don't make it too broad but leave it open for creative ideas and submissions!

How We Should Do Website Games and Potentially Video Games:

Personally, I feel we should start off with about 4 website games and 4 video games that come with the Bob the Builder update. I feel that's a solid start. We also have to remember, not every PBS Kids show had website games. A good amount of them barely even got video games.

Unlike the Masterpieces in the Smash Bros games, you will get to play the games for the whole time meaning there is no time limit. Basically, this is the ULTIMATE edutainment experience!

Website Games:

Sesame Street: Journey to Ernie

bandicam 2020-11-10 19-48-08-267.jpg

I remember playing this game as a kid. So, nostalgia bias.

Arthur: Binky's Facts and Opinions

mqdefault.jpg

Another game I remember playing fondly. Even the famous Smash commentator Coney has a video series called "Is It a FACT? Or Opinion?" that used this as the thumbnail on the YouTube video or was it the Twitter post...I don't recall.

Cyberchase: Lucky Star

Kids-Mezzannine-16x9_704.jpg

Another classic PBS Kids GO! game I remember playing! I used to play this with my old tutor back in 2009ish.

Wild Kratts: Baby Animal Rescue

maxresdefault.jpg

I never really grew up with Wild Kratts...but I am currently student teaching at a school where some of my students LOVE playing on the Wild Kratts website on the pbskids.org website so thought I would include a game from there. They seem really fun and cool for sure.

Video Games:

Sesame Street: Art Workshop

1560446654-15680-192.jpg

Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos

617Z2QPX3VL.jpg

Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons

s-l500.jpg

Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day

51PACJTGNNL.jpg

Basically, I thought we should have a Sesame Street game since it is the biggest and most well-known show that airs on PBS Kids. The other three games have content in some form either referenced (like the Bob's Busy Day themed level portion in Bob's Story Mode chapter) or explicitly in the game (such as the Carnival Chaos stage, the Ski Balls item and Jamie, Zuzu and Val as assists). All games will have controls suited for controller unlike the keyboard/mouse or VSmile controller.

Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a character from a show that ran less than three years in its initial run (not counting re-runs).

To make it a nice juxtaposition from Bob the Builder, let's go for an obscure character this time from the lesser known PBS Kids shows. That way. this show can see more mass appeal overall.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, while I agree with most of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's points about adding website games and video games being added to the PBS Kids Archive, I just don't think adding 4 PBS Kids video games is sustainable for the long term, because AlteredBeast AlteredBeast brought up a good point, a good amount of PBS Kids shows barely even got video games. Website games? There are virtually countless.

Website Games:

Sesame Street: Oscar's Bumper Cars
1675396165650.png

Just a Sesame Street game I remember watching other elementary school students play, but other than that, I'm not the biggest fan of Sesame Street web games

Arthur: You've Got To Be Kidding!
1675396254237.png

Since this web game sort of became a little meme online, I've been seeing it in a lot of unusual places on the internet.

Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman: Whoahler Coaster
1675396421651.png

Just figured I'd get a Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman flash game out there

Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum: Story Creator
1675396570867.png

Got to have a modern, HTML-5 one in the mix!

Video Games:

Zoboomafoo: Animal Alphabet
1675396653228.png

Just putting a childhood game here, sadly, printing functions may not work on consoles

Arthur: Living Books: Arthur's Teacher Trouble
1675396869883.png

Gotta have one of the oldest PBS Kids video games out there represented here! I'm pretty sure Living Books made up plenty of people's childhoods too, myself included.

Bob the Builder: Fix-It Fun!
1675396946534.png

Although most people view this game with much aversion for its poor physics and sloppy gameplay, I feel like it should be included here for the sake of representing a non-PC PBS Kids video game here, and also, so players can look back at this game and unironically laugh for how bad it was.

Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a character from a show that
will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted.

This is just my prediction on if a PBS Kids platform fighter were to really exist, than realistically one of the first DLC fighters will be someone from that category. Not everyone will agree with this one, but hey, big companies always do big promotional stuff. That was the case for Garfield in NASB.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, time to close the PBS Kids Archives and the Bob the Builder reveal trailer jobs. My episodes for Bob the Builder: Ready, Steady, Build!, the 2015 Bob the Builder series, Splash and Bubbles, Alma's Way as well as the bonus epiosde from Barney and Friends got into the PBS Kids archives. Also, my reveal trailer for Bob the Builder got in by default.

Before we get to voting on the episodes from the original Bob the Builder and Bob the Builder: Project Build It!, time to reveal the results for the Legacy Skins and which three Legacy Skins will be added with the Bob the Builder update.

Here are the results:

Lionel Lion Genesis: 8
Big Bird LMBM Outfit with Gameing Hat: 2
Ord Streetwear: 5
WordGirl Shine: 0 :(
Kratt Bros LTC: 3
Xavier Riddle Cybertronic Suit: 2

My outfits being the Genesis themed Lionel and Ord sporting Japanese streetwear as well as Pop's Kratt Bros Low Tide City themed alternate costume are our first Legacy Skins so congrats to the both of us!

Now, let's vote on which epiosdes to add to the PBS Kids Archives!

Bob the Builder (Original) Episode Poll
Spud the Super-Wrench/Bob Saves the Porcupines AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Travis and Scoop's Race Day PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Bob the Builder: Project Build It! Episode Poll
Tumbler and the Skate Park (and whatever episode its paired with on airings) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tumbler and the Ice Rink PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also....considering there was the idea of the VSmile Classic is introduced in my Bob the Builder reveal trailer (Only the first part), I was thinking about potentially doing a job (side job) related to any sort of Vtech/Vsmile content such as a stage, costumes, etc. being added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! in a free update in between the Bob the Builder update and the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter to help promote the VSmile Classic! Please vote in the Strawpoll below whether or not we should have free VSmile related content.

Free VSmile Content Poll

Now, onward to our next two jobs:

Job 220:

Since we have decided on website games and potentially video games being added to the PBS Kids Archives, how should we go about doing this? Discuss ideas and submit games that we should add.

Job 221:

Submit a newcomer prompt for the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter. Don't make it too broad but leave it open for creative ideas and submissions!

How We Should Do Website Games and Potentially Video Games:

Personally, I feel we should start off with about 4 website games and 4 video games that come with the Bob the Builder update. I feel that's a solid start. We also have to remember, not every PBS Kids show had website games. A good amount of them barely even got video games.

Unlike the Masterpieces in the Smash Bros games, you will get to play the games for the whole time meaning there is no time limit. Basically, this is the ULTIMATE edutainment experience!

Website Games:

View attachment 367554

I remember playing this game as a kid. So, nostalgia bias.

View attachment 367555

Another game I remember playing fondly. Even the famous Smash commentator Coney has a video series called "Is It a FACT? Or Opinion?" that used this as the thumbnail on the YouTube video or was it the Twitter post...I don't recall.

View attachment 367556

Another classic PBS Kids GO! game I remember playing! I used to play this with my old tutor back in 2009ish.

View attachment 367557

I never really grew up with Wild Kratts...but I am currently student teaching at a school where some of my students LOVE playing on the Wild Kratts website on the pbskids.org website so thought I would include a game from there. They seem really fun and cool for sure.

Video Games:

View attachment 367558

View attachment 367559

View attachment 367560

View attachment 367561

Basically, I thought we should have a Sesame Street game since it is the biggest and most well-known show that airs on PBS Kids. The other three games have content in some form either referenced (like the Bob's Busy Day themed level portion in Bob's Story Mode chapter) or explicitly in the game (such as the Carnival Chaos stage, the Ski Balls item and Jamie, Zuzu and Val as assists). All games will have controls suited for controller unlike the keyboard/mouse or VSmile controller.

Newcomer Prompt:

Submit a character from a show that ran less than three years in its initial run (not counting re-runs).

To make it a nice juxtaposition from Bob the Builder, let's go for an obscure character this time from the lesser known PBS Kids shows. That way. this show can see more mass appeal overall.
Alright, while I agree with most of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's points about adding website games and video games being added to the PBS Kids Archive, I just don't think adding 4 PBS Kids video games is sustainable for the long term, because AlteredBeast AlteredBeast brought up a good point, a good amount of PBS Kids shows barely even got video games. Website games? There are virtually countless.

Website Games:

View attachment 367563

Just a Sesame Street game I remember watching other elementary school students play, but other than that, I'm not the biggest fan of Sesame Street web games

View attachment 367564

Since this web game sort of became a little meme online, I've been seeing it in a lot of unusual places on the internet.

View attachment 367565

Just figured I'd get a Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman flash game out there

View attachment 367566

Got to have a modern, HTML-5 one in the mix!

Video Games:

Zoboomafoo: Animal Alphabet
View attachment 367567

Just putting a childhood game here, sadly, printing functions may not work on consoles

View attachment 367568
Gotta have one of the oldest PBS Kids video games out there represented here! I'm pretty sure Living Books made up plenty of people's childhoods too, myself included.

View attachment 367569

Although most people view this game with much aversion for its poor physics and sloppy gameplay, I feel like it should be included here for the sake of representing a non-PC PBS Kids video game here, and also, so players can look back at this game and unironically laugh for how bad it was.

Newcomer Prompt:

will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted.

This is just my prediction on if a PBS Kids platform fighter were to really exist, than realistically one of the first DLC fighters will be someone from that category. Not everyone will agree with this one, but hey, big companies always do big promotional stuff. That was the case for Garfield in NASB.
Alright, I will close the website games and video games job. Alongside this, my episodes for the original Bob the Builder series as well as for Bob the Builder: Project Build It! got into the PBS Kids Archives so congrats to me! I feel based on what Pop said, we should add 4 website games and 2 video games to the PBS Kids Archives each update. Vote for your top 5 for website games and your top 3 for video games. You can put your own in first.

Website Games:

From AlteredBeast AlteredBeast (Me)

From PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Video Games:

Zoboomafoo: Alphabet Adventure

We also need to vote on the Newcomer Prompt for the Second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter so please vote on the Strawpoll below.

Newcomer Prompt for Second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 Fighter
Submit a character from a show that ran less than three years in its initial run (not counting re-runs). AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also...since me and Pop agreed to add free VSmile related content for an update that will come in between Bob and the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, let's decide on what type of content to add. I made another Strawpoll about this as well. It can be anything as big as a stage based on VSmile games, an assist of a VSmile game character (a potential first for PBS Kids: Brawltime!) or minor stuff like just items, Legacy Skins, etc. You can voice your opinion about this in a post here as well with our next job. Vote on the poll down below.

VSmile Content for Free Update Poll

Now...for our next job related to another component of the free update:

Job 222:

If you remember, we submitted sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit! In this next update for the game not consisting of a new fighter, there will be "Sponsorship Packs" where players can buy various minor content related to the sponsors of the game. Come up with content such as a variant for a stage based on the sponsors, an item, additional Legacy Skins, etc. for our sponsors and describe what the content is like. Remember, each purchase gives the prize pool for the Competitive Circuit finale a huge boost! You can submit content for all sponsors. As a bonus, you can also describe how promotions can work for PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the actual products of these brands.

Our sponsors currently are:

• LEGO Duplo
  • Maruchan
  • Papa John's Pizza
  • Juicy Juice
Get submitting and really use your imagination!

My votes for website games and video games:

Website Games:

1. Lucky Star
2. Journey to Ernie
3. You've Got to Be Kidding!
4. Story Creator
5. Binky's Facts and Opinions

Video Games:

1. Arthur: Living Books: Arthur's Teaching Trouble
2. Bob's Busy Day
3. Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons

Sponsorship Pack Ideas:

LEGO Duplo Pack:

LEGO Duplo Bob the Builder Legacy Skin

4555pb030.png

Basically, Bob gets an alternate costume making him look like a LEGO figure since Bob the Builder was sponsored by LEGO Duplo back then as well as got LEGO Duplo sets. His tools and attacks are all based on LEGO pieces. Only the appearance changes and not the properties of the attacks.

Tower of Learning LEGO Duplo Variant

The Tower of Learning will get a LEGO Duplo variant with the Duplo Bunny appearing in the background and the stage will be made out of LEGOs.

Alongside this, various Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends LEGO Duplo sets will come back by some miracle to promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! as the sets will have a sticker advertising the game! Purchase one of the re-released sets and you will get a coupon allowing you to get a discount on PBS Kids: Brawltime!

I also feel we should have the LEGO Duplo Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends sponsorship commercial in the PBS Kids Archives and the LEGO sponsorship commercial from the Arthur funding credits as well since there are some people out there who are nostalgic for funding credits of the PBS Kids shows like me. I also feel we should add the LEGOLand Bob the Builder 4D movie (without the 4D effects) as well to the Archives since LEGO was a part of the film as well when Bob and his team had to build the rollercoaster.

Bob the Builder 4D

Maruchan Pack:

Maruchan Fire Bowl Ramen Item

914LVv3ljLL.jpg

I was thinking of Pop's idea for this kind of item. Basically, it will appear with Maruchan and PBS branding. When consumed, the user will heal a bit of health as well as breathe fire for a short time causing anyone in the way to be scorched!!! It's quite an unique item for sure.

Teletubbies Maruchan Themed Legacy Skin

91NHiuHepXL.jpg

Similar to Bob's skin, the Teletubbies will gain the colors of the Maruchan flavors. Tink Winky with the Roast Beef Flavor, Dipsy with the Chili Flaovr, La-La with the Creamy Chicken Flavor and Po with the Beef Flavor. Alongside this, they will have the Maruchan logo on their bellies with the TV. Their Tubby Custard attack will have a cup of Maruchan Tubby Ramen appear instead of Tubby Custard. The appearance is the only thing that changes, not the properties of the attack.

Also, Maruchan will be making a Limited Edition Tubby Ramen Flavor based on the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Story Mode Epilogue for all to try to promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! Purchase the Tubby Ramen and you will get a coupon allowing you to get a discount on PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Papa John's Pizza Pack:

Pepperoni Pizza Item

Unknown.jpeg

With Papa John's branding, you get the Pepperoni Pizza item. This item is unique as you can only eat a slice at a time. Someone else can steal the pizza and eat the other slices as well. You can consume the whole pie but that will cause your fighter to get a tummy ache and cause a stat and speed buff for a temporary time. So, eat your pizza wisely!

Ms. O Delivery Debbie-Esque Papa John's Pizza Legacy Skin

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Basically, an alternate costume for Ms. O based on a character from Odd Squad who delivers pizza but instead, Ms. O will sport the Papa John's Pizza logo on the T-Shirt and Hat representing this sponsor.

Speaking of Delivery Debbie, Papa John's Pizza will have "Delivery Debbie's" pizza to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! and you could be the winner of the sweepstakes there to win a free copy of the game and an all-paid expenses trip to the Finals for the Competitive Circuit!

Juicy Juice Pack:

Juicy Juice Boxes

8b3b099c5b268414d58ef16172027286.png

Sporting the Juicy Juice logo and Arthur on it, here we have the Juicy Juice Box! A fighter can pick up the juice box and drink it restoring a minor amount of health. Different flavors will appear changing the color of the boxes and not what they do. A simple healing item here.

Arthur Juicy Juice themed Legacy Skin

hqdefault.jpg

Since Juicy Juice sponsored Arthur on PBS Kids, I feel it would be appropriate to give Arthur a Legacy Skin based off of this brand. Basically, he will sport the Juicy Juice logo on a shirt and his glasses will be red and green. A simple, aesthetic change.

Alongside this, the Juicy Juice sponsorship commercials seen in the Arthur funding credits will be added to the PBS Kids Archives for people who are nostaglic for the funding credits.

In real life, the Arthur Juicy Juice boxes will make their grand return for a limited time. Buy them and you get some promotional stuff related to PBS Kids: Brawltime! alongside a coupon as well for a discount on the game itself! How awesome!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Website Games:

1. Binky's Facts and Opinions
2. Journey to Ernie
3. Lucky Star
4. Baby Animal Rescue
5. You've got to be Kidding!

Video Games:

1. Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos
2. Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons
3. Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day

Also, believe it or not, most of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's items ideas are nearly 100% exactly like the ideas for the items I had in mind, and the whole product-tie-in things are also a very neat idea. So with that, I only have Legacy Skins.

LEGO Duplo:

LEGO Duplo Xavier Riddle Legacy Skin

I don't really have a picture to accompany that, BUT what if we gave a LEGO Duplo Legacy Skin to a PBS Kids character who's never received such a theme and probably never will? That would be very interesting.

Otherwise, I just mostly have the same real-world tie-in ideas as AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Papa John's Pizza:

Molly Mabray Papa John's Pizza Dress Legacy Skin
1675646021772.png

As cheesy (pun intended) and ludicrous as it sounds, this would honestly be a fun and funny Legacy Skin related to pizza. It can even be decorated with those pepperoncinis that came with every Papa John's Pizza.

For some time, Papa John's Pizza will have "Molly's Marvelous" pizza with Molly in her Pizza dress on it to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! and she on the box can be saying that you could be the winner by entering the sweepstakes on the PBS Kids: Brawltime! website to win a free copy of the game and an all-paid expenses trip to the Finals for the Competitive Circuit!

Juicy Juice:

Juicy Juice and Juicy Fruit Cheeko Legacy Skin

1675646418988.png

Just give Cheeko an apple for a head, an orange for a muzzle, a watermelon for a body, strawberries and bananas for wings, a pack of grapes for a tail, and a box of Juicy Juice as his dorsal fin! That for sure would be a fun one.

For the real world, there can be special Juicy Juice juice boxes with Cheeko in his special Legacy Skin on the boxes as well as the juice coming in very special flavors, when you buy them, you get some promotional stuff related to PBS Kids: Brawltime! alongside a coupon as well for a discount on the game itself!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close voting and the Sponsorship Pack jobs most likely on Wednesday. Please vote for which website and video games you want in the PBS Kids Archives, what the next newcomer prompt should be for our 2nd Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter and the VSmile content! Since the newcomer prompt Strawpoll is in a tie, I feel if it ends that way, we will do Pop's prompt first and then mine. I feel Pop's is better off going second as I feel that's the more realistic option. Get voting and get submitting!

Now, time for a Meet the Fighters video script for our 2nd and final free bonus fighter, Ms. O!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Ms. O!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with all the base roster characters, Donkey and Ms. O by the logo.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Ms. O and Hacker idling on the Precinct 13579 stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we have the second and last bonus fighter being none other than the leader of the Odd Squad herself, Ms. O!

Cuts to footage of Ms. O gameplay while narrator explains Ms. O's play style.

Ms. O is quite the all-arounder when it comes to her body-related stats, having medium speed and jump to the point which most of her movement and agility have balanced stats that make her quite the interesting one to get around and learn! When it comes to attacks, that's a whole another story. True to the theme of her show and her position as the head of the Odd Squad, many of her attacks are themed to the various parkours and super spy gadgets she and the rest of the Odd Squad agents have used over the years. When it comes to math, some of her moves have a property to them where she has to determine the damage percentage of other fighters to make the most out of them.

Cuts to footage of Odd Squad clips with Ms. O in them.

Odd Squad has been a show airing on PBS Kids that initially ran from 2014 to 2022. In this show, you get to see a whole bunch of children using indirect reasoning and basic math to solve and investigate strange happenings in their town. Ms. O in this case is the leader of all the Odd Squad precincts as seen in the finale of the show. But, before then, she along with her team of agents have been solving cases using math while educating children about basic math skills and any math-related topics. Alongside this, she and her squad have gone through SO many ODD shenanigans!

We then cut to footage of the Odd Squad episode "Night Shift" where we see the Kratt Brothers in their human forms appear in live action.

While not in their superhero suits from Wild Kratts, Chris and Martin who are the Kratt Brothers made a special crossover appearance in the Odd Squad episode "Night Shift". How outstanding! Even Otis and Olympia, two of the Odd Squad agents love the Kratt Brothers's work! It really seems we have a PBS Kids multiverse out there for sure!

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Ms. O and Hacker idling on the Precinct 13579 stage.

Now, let's go over Ms. O's moveset. First, let us go over her light moves.

Her Light Neutral is "Here's Some Math for You".

Ms. O does the move.

Ms. O swings around a gadget-y pointing stick while an easel displaying some math related stuff pops up in the background as if she's trying to teach some simple math to the other fighters, but ends up damaging them instead. The strong variant has her swing the learning stick hard three times, gotta REALLY get their attention!

Her Light Up is "Odd Angles".

Ms. O does the move.

Ms. O takes out a protractor and uses it to measure a small arch over that damages anyone over her. The strong variant creates a larger and stronger arch.

Her Light Down is "Agents At The Ready!"

Ms. O does the move.

Two random agents of Odd Squad appear on both sides of Ms. O and wave some spy gadgets around as if they're trying to investigate something. The strong variant has the agents wave their devices harder in order to really find what they're looking for. These agents will range from Otis, Olympia, Otto, Olive and many others.

Now, onward to Ms. O's specials.

Her Neutral Special is "The Odd Box"

Ms. O does the move.

Ms. O hold out a box that has a number display that starts at 10% and when the button is held down, the number increases by 10 and caps at 100. If the box detects a fighter near it with less the number, it will perform a stunning slap with a plastic hand.

We then see the attack again but with a focus on Hacker's damage in the UI display.

If the damage is greater than the box's number, it will have a hammer emerge and knock the other fighter forward hard.

We then see the attack once more but with a focus on Hacker's damage in the UI display.

If the number is equal, than it will use a boxing glove to deliver a seriously-strong uppercut!

Her Up Special is "Odd Springing."

Ms. O does the move.

Ms. O encases herself in a red transport sphere as a spring below launches her upward. In her sphere, she can traverse left or right in the air and even perform a damaging bounce by holding down! After which, she comes out of the sphere

Her Down Special is "Here's Some Help, Ms. O!"

Ms. O does the move.

Ms. O has a random agent of Odd Squad survey the nearby area and when they observe a fighter whose damage percent is at a certain point, they'll give Ms. O a stat buff as a means of giving her a very small advantage depending on the current situation. If they observe a fighter already in another stat buff, they'll just go with that for Ms. O.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Ms. O and Hacker idling on the Precinct 13579 stage.

Now, that we covered her moveset, here is her taunt.

Ms. O does his taunt.

It seems Ms. O is surveying the area before getting into a brawl. Now, let's take a look at her Alternate Costumes.

We see her in her Big O outfits, an outfit inspired by Ancient Ms. O, her in a Racecar Driver outfit and her with her first secret mission outfits.

Ms. O has gone on a lot of cases and adventures! So, here are 4 alternate costumes from various events in Odd Squad.

We have:

• Ms. O in her Big O outfit
  • An outfit inspired by Ancient Ms. O from the Odd Squad episode The Weight of the World Depends on Orla
  • Racecar Driver Ms. O from the Odd Squad episode O is For Opposite
  • And her in her outfit that she wore on her first secret mission in the Odd Squad episode Hands on The Desk Chair

Finally, we will take a further look at Ms. O's home stage which is none other than Precinct 13579!

It cuts to footage with Ms. O and Hacker idling while the stage showcases off the new features of the Precinct 13579 stage.

You may remember this stage being in PBS Kids: Brawltime! already! Given Ms. O is in, this is a one-time rule being broken as any character that appeared in the background of a stage cannot join the fight. Therefore, when playing as Ms. O, she will not appear in the background of the Precinct 13579 stage. Now, the Odd Squad agents are allowing you to explore the various rooms!

We then see Ms. O go to The Lab and attack the gadgets for an item.

You can go into the various rooms and get items and such allowing for a further tour of the Odd Squad home base!

We then see the lazers go off in the main foyer of the Precinct 13579 stage.

However, the Odd Squad found new ways to detect any rowdy fighters on their base with their lazer technologies and such, so watch out!

It now cuts back one final time to gameplay footage of Ms. O and Hacker idling on the Precinct 13579 stage

Now that we have covered everything, let's see if Ms. O can crack this case and use her math skills in a real match!

It then cuts to the Ms. O vs Hacker pre-battle screen. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing the enhanced Precinct 13579 stage and footage of Ms. O in action. Ms. O wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Ms. O doing her victory animation and Hacker clapping.

That is Ms. O in action! We hope you enjoyed this video of the second and last bonus fighter being shown off and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series as well as additonal showcases for other DLC fighters as well for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!! Get ready for the first Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter to be revealed and shown off...very soon!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close the website games and video games job. Alongside this, my episodes for the original Bob the Builder series as well as for Bob the Builder: Project Build It! got into the PBS Kids Archives so congrats to me! I feel based on what Pop said, we should add 4 website games and 2 video games to the PBS Kids Archives each update. Vote for your top 5 for website games and your top 3 for video games. You can put your own in first.

Website Games:

Video Games:

Zoboomafoo: Alphabet Adventure

We also need to vote on the Newcomer Prompt for the Second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter so please vote on the Strawpoll below.

Newcomer Prompt for Second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 Fighter
Submit a character from a show that ran less than three years in its initial run (not counting re-runs). AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Also...since me and Pop agreed to add free VSmile related content for an update that will come in between Bob and the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter, let's decide on what type of content to add. I made another Strawpoll about this as well. It can be anything as big as a stage based on VSmile games, an assist of a VSmile game character (a potential first for PBS Kids: Brawltime!) or minor stuff like just items, Legacy Skins, etc. You can voice your opinion about this in a post here as well with our next job. Vote on the poll down below.

VSmile Content for Free Update Poll

Now...for our next job related to another component of the free update:

Job 222:

If you remember, we submitted sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Competitive Circuit! In this next update for the game not consisting of a new fighter, there will be "Sponsorship Packs" where players can buy various minor content related to the sponsors of the game. Come up with content such as a variant for a stage based on the sponsors, an item, additional Legacy Skins, etc. for our sponsors and describe what the content is like. Remember, each purchase gives the prize pool for the Competitive Circuit finale a huge boost! You can submit content for all sponsors. As a bonus, you can also describe how promotions can work for PBS Kids: Brawltime! in the actual products of these brands.

Our sponsors currently are:

• LEGO Duplo
  • Maruchan
  • Papa John's Pizza
  • Juicy Juice
Get submitting and really use your imagination!

Sponsorship Pack Ideas:

LEGO Duplo Pack:

LEGO Duplo Bob the Builder Legacy Skin

View attachment 367659

Basically, Bob gets an alternate costume making him look like a LEGO figure since Bob the Builder was sponsored by LEGO Duplo back then as well as got LEGO Duplo sets. His tools and attacks are all based on LEGO pieces. Only the appearance changes and not the properties of the attacks.

Ms. O Delivery Debbie-Esque Papa John's Pizza Legacy Skin

View attachment 367666

Basically, an alternate costume for Ms. O based on a character from Odd Squad who delivers pizza but instead, Ms. O will sport the Papa John's Pizza logo on the T-Shirt and Hat representing this sponsor.

Speaking of Delivery Debbie, Papa John's Pizza will have "Delivery Debbie's" pizza to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! and you could be the winner of the sweepstakes there to win a free copy of the game and an all-paid expenses trip to the Finals for the Competitive Circuit!

Arthur Juicy Juice themed Legacy Skin

View attachment 367668

Since Juicy Juice sponsored Arthur on PBS Kids, I feel it would be appropriate to give Arthur a Legacy Skin based off of this brand. Basically, he will sport the Juicy Juice logo on a shirt and his glasses will be red and green. A simple, aesthetic change.

Alongside this, the Juicy Juice sponsorship commercials seen in the Arthur funding credits will be added to the PBS Kids Archives for people who are nostaglic for the funding credits.

In real life, the Arthur Juicy Juice boxes will make their grand return for a limited time. Buy them and you get some promotional stuff related to PBS Kids: Brawltime! alongside a coupon as well for a discount on the game itself! How awesome!
Website Games:

1. Binky's Facts and Opinions
2. Journey to Ernie
3. Lucky Star
4. Baby Animal Rescue
5. You've got to be Kidding!

Video Games:

1. Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos
2. Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons
3. Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day

Also, believe it or not, most of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's items ideas are nearly 100% exactly like the ideas for the items I had in mind, and the whole product-tie-in things are also a very neat idea. So with that, I only have Legacy Skins.

LEGO Duplo:

LEGO Duplo Xavier Riddle Legacy Skin

I don't really have a picture to accompany that, BUT what if we gave a LEGO Duplo Legacy Skin to a PBS Kids character who's never received such a theme and probably never will? That would be very interesting.

Otherwise, I just mostly have the same real-world tie-in ideas as AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Papa John's Pizza:

Molly Mabray Papa John's Pizza Dress Legacy Skin
View attachment 367706

As cheesy (pun intended) and ludicrous as it sounds, this would honestly be a fun and funny Legacy Skin related to pizza. It can even be decorated with those pepperoncinis that came with every Papa John's Pizza.

For some time, Papa John's Pizza will have "Molly's Marvelous" pizza with Molly in her Pizza dress on it to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! and she on the box can be saying that you could be the winner by entering the sweepstakes on the PBS Kids: Brawltime! website to win a free copy of the game and an all-paid expenses trip to the Finals for the Competitive Circuit!

Juicy Juice:

Juicy Juice and Juicy Fruit Cheeko Legacy Skin

View attachment 367707

Just give Cheeko an apple for a head, an orange for a muzzle, a watermelon for a body, strawberries and bananas for wings, a pack of grapes for a tail, and a box of Juicy Juice as his dorsal fin! That for sure would be a fun one.

For the real world, there can be special Juicy Juice juice boxes with Cheeko in his special Legacy Skin on the boxes as well as the juice coming in very special flavors, when you buy them, you get some promotional stuff related to PBS Kids: Brawltime! alongside a coupon as well for a discount on the game itself!
Alright, time to close voting as well as the sponshorship pack jobs.

Website Games:

Journey to Ernie: 8
Oscar's Bumper Cars: 0
Binky's Facts and Opinions: 6
You've Got to Be Kidding: 4
Lucky Star: 8

Baby Animal Rescue: 2
Story Creator: 2
Whoalher Coaster: 0

Video Games:

Sesame Street: Art Workshop: 0
Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos: 3
Arthur's Teacher Trouble: 3
Bob the Builder: Bob's Busy Day: 3
Dragon Tales: Learn and Fly With Dragons: 3

Zoboomafoo: Animal Alphabet: 0
Bob the Builder: Fix-It Fun: 0

In terms of the website games seen above, Journey to Ernie, Binky's Facts and Opinions, You've Got to Be Kidding and Lucky Star all join the PBS Kids Archives as our first 4 website games so congrats to me and Pop! Also, we had a four way tie for video games. However, for the sake of moving things along, since me and Pop both voted for Bob's Busy Day and Learn and Fly with Dragons, those will be the first two video games to join the PBS Kids Archives so congrats to me!

Now, for the Sponsorship Packs, my ideas for the Tower of Learning LEGO Duplo stage skin, the Fire Curry Maruchan Ramen item along with the Teletubbies Maruchan Legacy Skin, the Juicy Juice box item and the Pepperoni Pizza item are all added to their respective Sponsorship Packs. However, we need to vote on the Legacy Skins down below for the LEGO Duplo, Papa John's Pizza and Juicy Juice Sponsorship Packs! Please read the description for each skin above and vote below.

With that out of the way...since the newcomer prompt Strawpoll ended in a tie, it's time to do Pop's newcomer prompt which makes more sense to be our 2nd Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter so with that, whenever Pop is ready, he will have the honor of presenting us with the next Newcomer Job! It's gonna be a fun one!

LEGO Duplo Legacy Skin Poll
LEGO Duplo Bob the Builder Legacy Skin AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
LEGO Duplo Xavier Riddle Legacy Skin PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Papa John Pizza's Legacy Skin Poll
Ms. O Delivery Debbie-Esque Papa John's Pizza Legacy Skin AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Molly Mabray Papa John's Pizza Dress Legacy Skin PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Juicy Juice Legacy Skin Poll
Arthur Juicy Juice themed Legacy Skin AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Juicy Juice and Juicy Fruit Cheeko Legacy Skin PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Woooo! Sorry that I'm SOOOO late on this, but, here goes.....

Job #223: Who say's you can't mix what's new with the old all the time? Here in PBS Kids: Brawltime, we welcome ANYONE!, regardless of how new or old their show is. For this newcomer job, you are to submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted! I know not everyone will agree with this one, but face it, for ANY media company like PBS Kids, this is pretty common to include content from upcoming projects as promotional means. Like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Rosie Fuentes (Rosie's Rules)
1675913402056.png

I don't have much to say for her other than she's honestly such a cutie. The premise of her show is more or less learning about how stuff works in the world, though her show interestingly takes place in a suburban Texas community, so I kinda have to give that some credit for diversity and how unique the premise actually is.

I think she's be the most likely candidate for this one as it is a new PBS Kids show that recently came out, so.........

For her playstyle, she can have sort of a "learning" gimmick, where she has the ability to learn more about the stage and surroundings around her to give her the upper hand in battle.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 223:

Watt (City Island)

FZ9pnNN-asset-kids-mezzanine1-16x9-Vm39uoT.png.resize.454x255.png

City Island is one of the more recent shows that has started airing on PBS Kids. Specifically, this IP started airing on December 26th, 2022. Believe it or not, this series is a web series that takes place on the titular island where its a thriving metropolis with multiple local organizations, government institutions, and a diverse citizenry. Basically, every car, tree, building, etc. has their own personality. Overall, this web series is a love letter to New York City as well as was inspired by Sesame Street, The Muppets and Peanuts. I have not really seen this show but the animation and premise are super cute.

However, the main character of this show is Watt. He is the little lightbulb with big ideas. In each of the episodes of the web series, he meets with the optimistic members of City Island and learns about how his city is ran, how places are ran such as the library, airport, art museum, etc. Alongside this, he helps the people of the city work together and solve problems by coming up with the best solutions.

Watt would be a lightweight fighter who excels at combos but is yet another glass cannon.

For his quirk/gimmick, I have two ideas:

City Citizen

I feel this gimmick may be TOO similar to Bob's but this would be more of a Shulk Monado-Arts-esque gimmick. Basically, Watt can choose from 5 different places in the city and use attacks themed after the places in City Island. All the lights will be the same but each place buffs a certain stat. For example, airport could buff Watt's speed, library can buff Watt's defense, etc.

Problem Solving

Given this show is about problem solving, Watt will simply be able to solve a problem throughout the match thus buffing his stats temporarily. This can be more for an educational compnent for the young players.

Overall, I do not think we even have many web series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Thus, Watt would be a bright (no pun intended) idea to add into the game.

For those needing ideas, here are a few PBS Kids series you can look at for potential fighters for this job:

• Work It Out Wombats! (It just recently premiered so that would be perfect for this job!)
  • Mashopolis
  • Lyla in the Loop (May be a little too early since Lyla in the Loop will be premiering early next year)
  • Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band
  • Weather Hunters

I hope to see some more submissions as I encourage everyone to submit! I will leave this job open till either Friday or Saturday.

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
Haha, this will be fun indeed

Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Work It Out Wombats!)

Just by looking at it, it's a cute show that kind of reminds me of shows like Bluey and Peppa Pig. As far as I know, their show revolves around problem solving, usually done by teamwork.

I just think they should be included because....they're adorable!

While I initially thought of a Pokémon Trainer-sort of playstyle for them as I then thought there's no transforming characters in the game, but when I realized there were the Kratt Bros, I was then like.........Maybe their gimmick can be a combination of an Ice Climbers-Pikmin sort of thing, where as a team of three controlled at once, they are at their max power, but each wombat follower can be KO'd, leaving the leader alone and helpless (There can be something where you choose the leader and the followers)

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Rookie
The Rooster (Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band)

Frankly, I knew about the book before I saw the current job posting, AND before AlteredBeast AlteredBeast made his submission, but to summerize, it's about a rooster who has his eyes on a barnyard talent show, but he can't do it alone, so he must assemble a group of talented barnyard animals who are skilled at playing musical instruments and stuff to form a band. Even if he doesn't get first prize, the rooster comes to realize that it's that he has the world's best jazz band and that's all that matters.

I think he should make it in because he can use music-related attacks and attacks that use musical instruments, as that's a trope I rarely see in plat-fighters. Sure, Spongebob could use Goofy Goober Rock as a super move in NASB and Pichu can use the sweet ukulele, but why not someone who's attacks centralize on musical instruments?

To cut to the chase, it was pretty hard for me to think up of the gimmick for the Rooster as NO early production material, concept designs, screenshots, promos, or ANYTHING related to the actual show exists out there yet, and I don't even know if the show will come to fruition. But maybe there can be some sort of Rock! meter that fills up whenever electric guitar moves are used?......

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Woooo! Sorry that I'm SOOOO late on this, but, here goes.....

Job #223: Who say's you can't mix what's new with the old all the time? Here in PBS Kids: Brawltime, we welcome ANYONE!, regardless of how new or old their show is. For this newcomer job, you are to submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted! I know not everyone will agree with this one, but face it, for ANY media company like PBS Kids, this is pretty common to include content from upcoming projects as promotional means. Like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
View attachment 367832

I don't have much to say for her other than she's honestly such a cutie. The premise of her show is more or less learning about how stuff works in the world, though her show interestingly takes place in a suburban Texas community, so I kinda have to give that some credit for diversity and how unique the premise actually is.

I think she's be the most likely candidate for this one as it is a new PBS Kids show that recently came out, so.........

For her playstyle, she can have sort of a "learning" gimmick, where she has the ability to learn more about the stage and surroundings around her to give her the upper hand in battle.
Job 223:

Watt (City Island)

View attachment 367834

City Island is one of the more recent shows that has started airing on PBS Kids. Specifically, this IP started airing on December 26th, 2022. Believe it or not, this series is a web series that takes place on the titular island where its a thriving metropolis with multiple local organizations, government institutions, and a diverse citizenry. Basically, every car, tree, building, etc. has their own personality. Overall, this web series is a love letter to New York City as well as was inspired by Sesame Street, The Muppets and Peanuts. I have not really seen this show but the animation and premise are super cute.

However, the main character of this show is Watt. He is the little lightbulb with big ideas. In each of the episodes of the web series, he meets with the optimistic members of City Island and learns about how his city is ran, how places are ran such as the library, airport, art museum, etc. Alongside this, he helps the people of the city work together and solve problems by coming up with the best solutions.

Watt would be a lightweight fighter who excels at combos but is yet another glass cannon.

For his quirk/gimmick, I have two ideas:

City Citizen

I feel this gimmick may be TOO similar to Bob's but this would be more of a Shulk Monado-Arts-esque gimmick. Basically, Watt can choose from 5 different places in the city and use attacks themed after the places in City Island. All the lights will be the same but each place buffs a certain stat. For example, airport could buff Watt's speed, library can buff Watt's defense, etc.

Problem Solving

Given this show is about problem solving, Watt will simply be able to solve a problem throughout the match thus buffing his stats temporarily. This can be more for an educational compnent for the young players.

Overall, I do not think we even have many web series represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Thus, Watt would be a bright (no pun intended) idea to add into the game.

For those needing ideas, here are a few PBS Kids series you can look at for potential fighters for this job:

• Work It Out Wombats! (It just recently premiered so that would be perfect for this job!)
  • Mashopolis
  • Lyla in the Loop (May be a little too early since Lyla in the Loop will be premiering early next year)
  • Weather Hunters

I hope to see some more submissions as I encourage everyone to submit! I will leave this job open till either Friday or Saturday.
Haha, this will be fun indeed

Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Work It Out Wombats!)

Just by looking at it, it's a cute show that kind of reminds me of shows like Bluey and Peppa Pig. As far as I know, their show revolves around problem solving, usually done by teamwork.

I just think they should be included because....they're adorable!

While I initially thought of a Pokémon Trainer-sort of playstyle for them as I then thought there's no transforming characters in the game, but when I realized there were the Kratt Bros, I was then like.........Maybe their gimmick can be a combination of an Ice Climbers-Pikmin sort of thing, where as a team of three controlled at once, they are at their max power, but each wombat follower can be KO'd, leaving the leader alone and helpless (There can be something where you choose the leader and the followers)
The Rooster (Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band)

Frankly, I knew about the book before I saw the current job posting, AND before AlteredBeast AlteredBeast made his submission, but to summerize, it's about a rooster who has his eyes on a barnyard talent show, but he can't do it alone, so he must assemble a group of talented barnyard animals who are skilled at playing musical instruments and stuff to form a band. Even if he doesn't get first prize, the rooster comes to realize that it's that he has the world's best jazz band and that's all that matters.

I think he should make it in because he can use music-related attacks and attacks that use musical instruments, as that's a trope I rarely see in plat-fighters. Sure, Spongebob could use Goofy Goober Rock as a super move in NASB and Pichu can use the sweet ukulele, but why not someone who's attacks centralize on musical instruments?

To cut to the chase, it was pretty hard for me to think up of the gimmick for the Rooster as NO early production material, concept designs, screenshots, promos, or ANYTHING related to the actual show exists out there yet, and I don't even know if the show will come to fruition. But maybe there can be some sort of Rock! meter that fills up whenever electric guitar moves are used?......
Alright, I will close the newcomer job now. A great quartet of submissions. For the Sponsorship Packs, my ideas for the Arthur Juicy Juice and LEGO Duplo Bob the Builder Legacy Skins got in for their respective packs. For the Papa John's pack, the Strawpoll ended in a tie but I will let Pop's Molly Marvelous Pizza Legacy skin and promotion be added to the Papa John's Sponsorship Pack and in the real life.

Now, we need to vote for the next fighter to join. Vote for your top 2 submissions but you can only put your own in second:

Rosie Fuentes (Rosie's Rules) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick/Quirk: A "learning" gimmick

Watt (City Island) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick/Quirk: City Citizen or Problem Solving

Malik, Zadie and Zeke (Work It Out Wombats!) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick/Quirk: The Ice Climbers/Olimar and Pikmin playstyle with ability to choose leaders

The Rooster (Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick/Quirk: Music-themed moveset with Rock-meter

Now, for our next two jobs:

Job 224:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our second Learner's Pass Volume 1 fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity. We will be doing one other stage job from another recently debuted/will be debuting PBS Kids show so the top 2 stage prompts will join that job!

Job 225:

Based on the Strawpoll for the free VSmile content update....

Submit a stage based on the VSmile games for the update between Bob and the second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter to promote the VSmile Classic as well as if there should be any minor content added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! based on VSmile games. Minor content can be things such as music, stuff added to the Photo Album, etc.

My votes:

1. Malik, Zadie and Zeke (I love their gimmick idea even though I wanted to save the idea for a trio fighter to another trio that are birds. Plus, the show looks super cute.)
2. Watt (Super cute show and I feel Watt can have a true Shulk-esque gimmick compared to Bob.)

Shoutouts to Rooster and Rosie. Rooster does not really have any production material related to his show so I feel he wouldn't work. Plus, I do not really like the idea of Joe Schmo children in platform fighters and I wouldn't want to hurt Rosie.

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids website game from a webpage of a show.

Given we did video-game exclusive locations last time, we should do websites to promote the new additions to the PBS Kids Archives in Bob's update. Plus, website games are a major part of PBS Kids's history.

VSmile Content:

VSmile Stage:

Explore the World of VSmile!

This stage MAY be opening the floodgates a little too much maybe but this is for promotional reasons as VTech wanted to advertise their new console through PBS Kids: Brawltime! Basically, this stage is a traveling stage based on various locations seen in VSmile games that are based on exclusive worlds made by Vtech. Consider this stage sort of an advertisement of the console and a nostalgic trip down memory lane!

The stage starts up on the boot screen with VPal making an appearance. This part of the stage begins the tour. It has walkoffs and you are only on this part for a few seconds.

sddefault.jpg

The Places You Will Go:

Toy Store (Alphabet Park Adventure)

maxresdefault.jpg

You fight specifically in this area with the buttons with the clowns by it. Occassionally, the VSmile voice will tell you to step on a button with a letter. Press on the right letter and you will be rewarded with a super strong item! Click on the wrong one and you will be penalized! This area has walkoffs as well.

Boot Mountain Town (Zayzoo: An Earth Adventure)

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's another section of the stage where you will go to Boot Mountain Town, the town where Zayzoo crash landed in. This part has walkoffs as well. You can fight on the wooden planks as well as on the sand. Zayzoo will walk around with a word and other humans will have synonyms. Hit the right word and you will be rewarded! Watch out for Dr. UFO as he will try to catch Zayzoo and catch you as an accident!

Soccer Field (Soccer Challenge)

10452.png

You are now on the soccer field from Soccer Challenge! Watch out for the soccer players as they will be dribbling the ball around and the soccer ball acts as a hazard!

Learning Playground (Zayzoo: My Alien Classmate)

ezgif-1-3e877e18a4.jpg

Now, to the Learning Playground from another Zayzoo game! Here, the layout is bigger and you can use the swing to boost your height for aerial attacks as well as the slide to slide down for attacks. Occassionally, Zayzoo will walk around with an image of something above his hand. Bump into the person with the word for that object and you will be rewarded with a stat buff!

The Woods (The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood)

Unknown.jpeg

You fight on top of Little Red Riding Hood's cottage and help her collect the letters to spell a word. Spell the word and you get an item relating to that word!

And finally....

The Land of Oz (Adventures in Oz)

ezgif-4-95c62315db.jpg

Initally, I wrote down that The Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood was the unreleased game in the Bob the Builder reveal trailer I had with the VSmile Classic being revealed but it was actually the Adventures in Oz video game. In this final part of the VSmile stage, you will fight in a platforming section of the Land of Oz and Dorothy and her crew will walk along following the Yellow Brick Road. There will be some sort of educational component that is interactive allowing you to earn items.

Another fun thing about this stage is you can choose which part of the stage you want to go to first or you can randomize the order of the five layouts. Overall, a fun simple stage.

For other minor stuff to come in the free update:

Music from these VSmile games as well as VSmile games based on PBS Kids shows will be added to PTV Park, their respective series's home stages and the VSmile stage.

The Photo Album will add the VSMile characters and a special picture of the VSMile and PBS Kids related VSMile content.

The PBS Kids Archives will have commercials with the various PBS Kids show VSmile games showcased as well as demo videos for these games that are on the VSmile Classic:

• Sesame Street: Bert & Ernie's Imagination Adventure
  • Thomas and Friends: Engines Working Together
  • Teletubbies: Time for Teletubbies
  • Barney: The Land of Make-Believe
  • Elmo's World: Elmo's Big Discoveries
  • And Bob's Busy Day despite Bob's Busy Day already being in the PBS Kids Archives as a playable title
The only PBS Kids show VSmile game not referenced in this update is Noddy: Detective For a Day since Noddy isn't represented in this game yet and we want to avoid crazy speculation. Overall, a fun update to promote the VSmile Classic.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Malik, Zadie and Zeke
2. Rosie

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show who's main place to watch it is on the internet and not TV.

I feel that PBS Kids shows that are very-primarily web series, like Jelly, Ben & Pogo, Oh Noah and Plum Landing would make great stage representation, as I personally feel characters from those web series have kinda too little of source material to make full complex movesets for, but stages for these series would help get the job done

Basically EVERYTHING AlteredBeast AlteredBeast had about the V-Smile content fits the bill for me, any of those VSmile games can work as standalone stages too, but having all of them in once documents VSmile's history pretty good. I DID, however, had an idea for the VSmile Classic that I forgot to bring up when AlteredBeast AlteredBeast mentioned it. Included with the VSmile Classic are various challenges that you can complete to earn special filters for the VSmile games besides a CRT filter, which is unlocked from the start. Challenges can range from things like collecting a set of letters in one jump, taking out stuff fast and others. Below are pictural examples of what the challenges can be like.
1676086786232.png

1676086839001.png

1676086810914.png

1676086849194.png

Some examples of unlockable filters are listed below:

• Lights Out!: The whole game screen is dark! And the only light provided for you is a circular light around your playable character as well as a beam of light in front of your character as well
  • Through the Looking Glass: The games are mirrored! Everything is displayed with an inverted display
  • Bat Mode: The game screen is upside down! The controls are unorthodox as well
  • Color me Weird!: The games have their color schemes swapped and altered!
  • Hard Mode: Enemies deal twice as much damage, certain learning objects have their positions adjusted so it's not just "walk forward to collect them all", less checkpoints, pretty much a harder gameplay experience for those seeking a real challenge!
  • Fleeing the Flames!: A big wave of flames follow you, thus no backtracking allowed!
If you have any unlockable filters to suggest, why not comment them down below?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, it seems my VSmile stage was the only submission so that will get in automatically. Along with that, I really like the idea Pop posed for the VSmile Classic. It's a really cool idea.

Now, to reveal the results for our second Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighter!

Rosie Fuentes: 1
Watt: 1
Malik, Zadie and Zeke: 4
Acoustic Rooster: 0 :(

It seems like those three wombats who love completing tasks and working things out, Malik, Zadie and Zeke from the recent PBS Kids show Work It Out, Wombats! will be our second fighters for the Learner's Pass Vol. 1 so congrats to CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 !

Alongside this, the stage prompts me and Pop submitted will be used alongside the a stage for another recently debuted/will be debuting PBS Kids show.

Now, onward to our next three jobs:

Job 226:

Submit a home stage for Malik, Zadie and Zeke. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 227:

Submit a job prompt for an assist.

Job 228:

Submit a job prompt for an item.

One of the other assist and item jobs are going to be an assist and an item from a recently debuted/upcoming PBS Kids show so the only top assist and item prompt will be joining the prompts!

Homestage for Malik, Zadie and Zeke:

Treeborhood (Work It Out, Wombats!)

FnRpCtYWQAA2sU9.jpg

I know we already have a treehouse stage but Treeborhood is a fantastical treehouse apartment complex. I was thinking that the layout should be the Project M/+ Green Hill Zone layout for another competitvely-legal stage based on a recent PBS Kids show. In the background, you can see the houses as well as various residents that live there such as wombats, snakes, moose, kangaroos, iguanas, fish, tarsiers and eagles watching the fight. A simple stage for a new PBS Kids show.

Assist and Item Job Prompt:

Submit an assist based on an inanimate object from a PBS Kids show that's already represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!

Submit an item from a PBS Kids website game from a webpage.

The assist job will be open to anything based on a character that is an an inanimate object so sentinent/non-sentinent vehicles, furniture, etc.

Item falls in line with the stage job a little.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Assist and Item Job Prompt:

Submit an assist based on a character based on a non-licensed property VSmile game, essentially a VSmile original game.

Submit a CHARACTER to be an item!

Unless we ARE going to do an assist job like that regardless, than I fully approve of AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's assist job prompt

So far, most of the items we have are inanimate objects, so why not turn the tides a bit and submit a very small character to be an item for the game? That would be similar to items in Smash Bros like Cucco, Bomber, Mr. Saturn, Bullet Bill, Hothead, Ramblin' Evil Mushroom and Boss Galaga.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel in the interest to keep moving things along, my stage for Malik, Zadie and Zeke will be their homestage so congrats to me. I feel for assists, we will do my assist job to come with Malik, Zadie and Zeke. I love the prompt that Pop submitted but I feel we should save that for a free update in between Learner's Pass Fighters. Speaking of the free updates, we will talk more about what everyone wants out of them in the future similar like the one we did that would come out in between Bob and Malik, Zadie and Zeke. I can guarantee you we will get a VSmile game character as an assist in the next free update I feel.

Now, we need to vote on an item job. Please vote on the Strawpoll down below:

Item Prompt Poll
Submit an item from a PBS Kids website game from a webpage. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a character as an item PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Time for three stage jobs now!

Job 229:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show that also recently debuted/will be debuting.

These shows include:

• City Island
  • Rosie's Rules
  • Mashopolis
  • Weather Hunters

Job 230:

Job 231:

Submit a stage based on a PBS Kids show who's main place to watch it is on the internet and not TV.

Recently debuted/will be debuting PBS Kids Show Stage:

City Island

City-Island-PBS-KIDS.jpg

Based on the recently debuted web series, you will fight in the metropolitan setting of City Island, The stage is huge as you can fight on the sidewalks and buildings. The citizens and nature there act as hazards as well as the cars. Watt and other citizens make cameos as hazards/background characters so make sure you say hi! Also, the stage will be in the animation-style of the show as it is super charming. Plus, this stage is from the web series as the same name as the stage so more PBS Kids web series representation.

PBS Kids Website Game Stage:

The Tibble Super Action Challenge (Arthur)

Unknown.png

Since Sesame Street has 3 stages, why not give Arthur a third stage in the form of one of the website games since Arthur was well-known for the website games they had? Basically, you fight in the wrestling ring where Tommy and Timmy Tibble are in their wrestling outfits with D.W. as the ref. The stage has walls similar to the KOF Stadium stage in SSBU. You are able to answer Arthur trivia questions down below to earn temporary stat buffs! There are more questions than what was initally on this webpage game to reflect all of Arthur's history. Overall, a fun website game based-stage celebrating Arthur's history with an interactive trivia component.

PBS Kids show that is on the internet:

Ecosystem Tour (Plum Landing)

MV5BMjA0NTcwNjk1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzgzNzMwMjE@._V1_.jpg

Time for an obscurer PBS Kids web series to get some recognition in PBS Kids: Brawltime! In this stage, you fight on the bubble the five kids from Plum Landing travel in as you pass through the four ecosystems explored in the show which are the Australian desert, mangroves of Belize, Canadian Rockies and jungles of Borneo. Each ecosystem has their own hazards such as the Australian desert having sandstorms, the jungles having animals running around as hazards, etc. It's just a traveling stage to reflect this series and the bubble is a smaller platform but occassionally, side bubbles will appear as well. It's definitely an uniquer stage layout but it does its job to reflect the series. Alongside this, Plum will be in the background floating around as well so see if you can spot her!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Weather Hunters stage

1676608148799.png

Just felt I'd take a walk on the wild side and add a stage from something that has barely anything known about it right now. Layoutwise, I envision it similar to the Windy and Co. stage from Smash Remix.

Point Out the View (Cyberchase)
1676608402401.png

Just looks like a game I have watched others play on school computers on Millsberry.com. For its layout, it can be like the Q*Bert stage from Smash Bros. Crusade.

The Beach (Jelly, Ben & Pogo)
1676608531216.png

Sand on one side, water on the other, basically half-Tortimer Island

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel in the interest to keep moving things along, my stage for Malik, Zadie and Zeke will be their homestage so congrats to me. I feel for assists, we will do my assist job to come with Malik, Zadie and Zeke. I love the prompt that Pop submitted but I feel we should save that for a free update in between Learner's Pass Fighters. Speaking of the free updates, we will talk more about what everyone wants out of them in the future similar like the one we did that would come out in between Bob and Malik, Zadie and Zeke. I can guarantee you we will get a VSmile game character as an assist in the next free update I feel.

Now, we need to vote on an item job. Please vote on the Strawpoll down below:

Item Prompt Poll
Submit an item from a PBS Kids website game from a webpage. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a character as an item PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Time for three stage jobs now!

Job 229:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show that also recently debuted/will be debuting.

These shows include:

• City Island
  • Rosie's Rules
  • Mashopolis
  • Weather Hunters

Job 230:

Job 231:

City Island

View attachment 368085

Based on the recently debuted web series, you will fight in the metropolitan setting of City Island, The stage is huge as you can fight on the sidewalks and buildings. The citizens and nature there act as hazards as well as the cars. Watt and other citizens make cameos as hazards/background characters so make sure you say hi! Also, the stage will be in the animation-style of the show as it is super charming. Plus, this stage is from the web series as the same name as the stage so more PBS Kids web series representation.

The Tibble Super Action Challenge (Arthur)

View attachment 368086

Since Sesame Street has 3 stages, why not give Arthur a third stage in the form of one of the website games since Arthur was well-known for the website games they had? Basically, you fight in the wrestling ring where Tommy and Timmy Tibble are in their wrestling outfits with D.W. as the ref. The stage has walls similar to the KOF Stadium stage in SSBU. You are able to answer Arthur trivia questions down below to earn temporary stat buffs! There are more questions than what was initally on this webpage game to reflect all of Arthur's history. Overall, a fun website game based-stage celebrating Arthur's history with an interactive trivia component.

Ecosystem Tour (Plum Landing)

View attachment 368088

Time for an obscurer PBS Kids web series to get some recognition in PBS Kids: Brawltime! In this stage, you fight on the bubble the five kids from Plum Landing travel in as you pass through the four ecosystems explored in the show which are the Australian desert, mangroves of Belize, Canadian Rockies and jungles of Borneo. Each ecosystem has their own hazards such as the Australian desert having sandstorms, the jungles having animals running around as hazards, etc. It's just a traveling stage to reflect this series and the bubble is a smaller platform but occassionally, side bubbles will appear as well. It's definitely an uniquer stage layout but it does its job to reflect the series. Alongside this, Plum will be in the background floating around as well so see if you can spot her!

Weather Hunters stage

View attachment 368220

Just felt I'd take a walk on the wild side and add a stage from something that has barely anything known about it right now. Layoutwise, I envision it similar to the Windy and Co. stage from Smash Remix.

Point Out the View (Cyberchase)
View attachment 368221

Just looks like a game I have watched others play on school computers on Millsberry.com. For its layout, it can be like the Q*Bert stage from Smash Bros. Crusade.

The Beach (Jelly, Ben & Pogo)
View attachment 368222

Sand on one side, water on the other, basically half-Tortimer Island
Alright, time to close the stage jobs. Vote in the Strawpolls below which stages you want to come with the Malik, Zadie and Zeke Learner's Pass pack down below after reading each stage description!

Recently Debuted/Will Be Debuting PBS Kids Show Stage
City Island AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Weather Hunters stage PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

PBS Kids Website Game Stage
The Tibble Super Action Challenge (Arthur) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Point Out the View (Cyberchase) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

PBS Kids Show On Internet Stage
Ecosystem Tour (Plum Landing) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Beach (Jelly, Ben and Pogo) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onward to our next three jobs...this time for assists!

Job 232:

Submit an assist from Work It Out, Wombats!

Job 233:

Submit an assist from a PBS Kids show that either recently debuted/will be debuting.

These shows include:

• City Island
  • Rosie's Rules
  • Mashopolis
  • Weather Hunters

Job 234:

Submit an assist based on an inanimate object from a PBS Kids show.

Work It Out, Wombats Assist:

Ellie

ezgif-1-2f3ff7c141.png

It's the three wombats' friend who is a moose! When Ellie is used as an assist, she will simply follow the fighter who she is assisting around and will occassionally assist the fighter by giving them items like she is there to help Malik, Zadie and Zeke. However, when the meter is full, she will provide full-on healing assistant to represent her job as an EMT. She'll be there when you need her so she'll be your rock!

Recently Debuted/Will Be Debuting PBS Kids Show Assist:

1675913402056.png

I always felt she would work better as an assist than a full-on fighter but I got inspired by Pop's idea for a gimmick for her that it works well for an assist too so I give him credit. When she is used as an assist, Rosie will go around the stage and learn about it, helping you get the upper-hand in the battle! However, she is accident-prone and has a 50/50 chance of giving you some minor damage! When the assist meter is full, she will truly help solve the problem by her assist being focused on stage control such as creating more hazards on a specific stage to happen giving you the upper advantage, giving you an item you need, giving you a stat buff you need, etc.

Inaminate Object Assist:

Drawer (Sesame Street; technically Elmo's World)

ddoie2u-bc56e116-71a1-4045-b4a5-b67a0b81388f.png

Now, we have an assist to represent a Sesame Street spinoff based on one of the furniture objects seen in Elmo's World! When used as an assist, Drawer will be mostly stable and occasionally push anyone who's nearby it that tries to open it, including you. There may even be questions regarding topics covered in Elmo's World for you to answer to gain items based on said topic! However, when the assist meter is full, Drawer moves on its four legs and REALLY pushes the opponents away giving them a run for their money!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Mr. E
latest.png

As the owner of the Everything Emporium and likes being very organized, he also likes to keep things organized on stage too! He will set up mini-block shelves full of wonderful things that act as both additional platform and for shielding, with a twist! Anyone who attacks his shelves will makes the things spill out of it along with being destroyed, angering Mr. E to the point where he will preform a counter-attack! When the meter is full, he will summon a LARGER shelf for more shielding and when that is destroyed, he'll do a STRONGER counter-attack, such as a belly flop that sends out powerful windboxes and is just very powerful in general!

Inanimate Object Assist:

Traffic Light (Mr. Roger's Neighborhood)

1676822942457.png

Just couldn't think of anything better than that. It helps the fighter it is assisting by shining its red light to place in a state of freezing completely or shining a yellow light to slow the fighter's movement, before switching to green to let them "go". At full assist meter, it can affect ALL fighters on screen!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Ellie

View attachment 368271

It's the three wombats' friend who is a moose! When Ellie is used as an assist, she will simply follow the fighter who she is assisting around and will occassionally assist the fighter by giving them items like she is there to help Malik, Zadie and Zeke. However, when the meter is full, she will provide full-on healing assistant to represent her job as an EMT. She'll be there when you need her so she'll be your rock!

Inaminate Object Assist:

Drawer (Sesame Street; technically Elmo's World)

View attachment 368273

Now, we have an assist to represent a Sesame Street spinoff based on one of the furniture objects seen in Elmo's World! When used as an assist, Drawer will be mostly stable and occasionally push anyone who's nearby it that tries to open it, including you. There may even be questions regarding topics covered in Elmo's World for you to answer to gain items based on said topic! However, when the assist meter is full, Drawer moves on its four legs and REALLY pushes the opponents away giving them a run for their money!
Mr. E
View attachment 368332

As the owner of the Everything Emporium and likes being very organized, he also likes to keep things organized on stage too! He will set up mini-block shelves full of wonderful things that act as both additional platform and for shielding, with a twist! Anyone who attacks his shelves will makes the things spill out of it along with being destroyed, angering Mr. E to the point where he will preform a counter-attack! When the meter is full, he will summon a LARGER shelf for more shielding and when that is destroyed, he'll do a STRONGER counter-attack, such as a belly flop that sends out powerful windboxes and is just very powerful in general!

Inanimate Object Assist:

Traffic Light (Mr. Roger's Neighborhood)

View attachment 368333

Just couldn't think of anything better than that. It helps the fighter it is assisting by shining its red light to place in a state of freezing completely or shining a yellow light to slow the fighter's movement, before switching to green to let them "go". At full assist meter, it can affect ALL fighters on screen!
Alright, so based on the stage polls, all three of my stages one so City Island, The Tibble Super Action Challenge and Ecosystem Tour are the other three stages that will be coming with Malik, Zadie and Zeke so congrats to me! Also, Rosie will be automatically added as an assist. We need to vote on the Work It Out, Wombats! assist as well as the inanimate object assist so please vote on the polls below after reading each description of what each assist does!

Work It Out, Wombats Assist Poll
Ellie AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Mr. E PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Inanimate Object Assist Poll
Drawer (Sesame Street/Elmo's World) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Traffic Light (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Time for the triple item job now!

Job 235:

Submit an item from Work It Out, Wombats!

Job 236:

Submit an item from a PBS Kids show that recent debuted/will be debuting. I will allow an item from City Island or Rosie's Rules if you want to submit it as we can double dip potentially.

These shows include:

• City Island
  • Rosie's Rules
  • Mashopolis
  • Weather Hunters

Job 237:

The item prompt Pop submitted:

Submit a character from a PBS Kids show as an item. This is similar to how items from Smash Bros like Bullet Bill, Cucco, Mr. Saturn are items that are characters as well. This will be a first however for PBS Kids: Brawltime!

As usual, describe what the item does for all three. Get submitting and use your
imagination!

Work It Out, Wombats Item

Grandma's Super Cornbread

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 2.23.05 PM.jpg

One of the three wombats's favorite treats from Grandma! Despite her making it all in a big tray, it will usually appear in tiny quantities and quite commonly appear due to it only healing about 5-10% of your health! But, it will only stay on the stage for a short time so eat it fast!

Recently Debuted/Will Be Debuting PBS Kids Show Item:

Acoustic Rooster's Guitar (Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band)

91vxlR7U5OL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Basically, the only piece from a PBS Kids show that will be coming soon although we have no production material released yet. But, simply put it, it's a musical instrument as an item! When used, you can simply strum the guitar by holding the Special Button to create soundwaves to knock your opponents off the stage! This is perfect if you want to play some smooth guitar jazz for the fighters but easy to knock away foes! However, it takes some start up time to play so once attacked, you drop the guitar and the guitar breaks!

Character as Item:

Berby (Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum)

ezgif-1-9085ab3d7f.png

It's the Secret Museum's curator herself, Berby! But, it seems she's a little over excited to be more than just in Xavier Riddle's taunt so she is not quite working properly! When used as an item, you can pick her up. She will simply fly around for a little seeming to work properly. But...problems will ensue and she will start to glitch. Because of this, all the fighters' speed will be affected by first everyone gaining extreme speed for a temporary time and then becoming super slow similar to how Berby can cause time to go fast-forward or slow. After that, she will just dissapear.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Believe it or not, I only have a Character item, being:

Brown Eyes (Berenstain Bears)
1676951903631.png

He's one of my favorite Berenstain Bears characters! Works like a combination of Klaptrap and Mr. Saturn, but basically a more versatile Mr. Saturn. Being the inquisitive baby chipmunk he is, he will walk around the stage after being picked up and thrown once, and any opponent he makes contact with (expect his thrower), like he did to Papa Bear's pant leg, will latch onto them and nibble them repeatedly, just like Klaptrap! He can also latch onto opponent by simply throwing him at them. When he's thrown at an opponent who's shielding, he'll do a strong nibble that'll instantly break their guard, like Mr. Saturn!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, since the assist jobs ended in a tie, I will let Pop’s assists being Mr. E and the Traffic Light (which is by far, one of my favorite assist ideas) join the content for the update. Also, all four items will join since all the items are so unique. I love the Brown Eyes assist as well, more items the better. Now, on to our next job being a moveset job!

Job 238:

Create/design a moveset for Malik, Zadie and Zeke. Keep in mind their
gimmick/quirk/hook/whatever you want to call it should involve the Pikmin/Ice Climbers-esque idea of the leader being able to be chosen before a match. Maybe even more team-based gimmicks can work for them. So, get submitting and use your imagination!

I may submit something later, I need to do more research on Work it Out Wombats!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I do have a moveset, here it is:

Malik, Zadie and Zeke
Series:
Work It Out wombats!
Debut: Snout and About/Zadie's Shell Shuffle (February 6, 2023)
home_char_mobile.png

"Let's make a plan!" -Malik

Due to the 3 wombat siblings being equally lightweight, this does make them easy to launch, but they are quite nimble in terms of their movement, having above-average speed and jump.

Gimmick:
Leader and Followers!

I was ultimately going for a Ice Climbers-Pikmin and Olimar combination style for them, so here in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, one wombat sibling is the leader while the other two are the followers! One wombat maybe kind of a weakling, but when all 3 assemble, they can be quite formidable! You are able to select your wombat leader on the CSS, and that's the leader for the whole battle. As with Nana of the Ice Climbers and the Pikmin, the followers can all be KO'd, leaving the leader to (hopelessly) deal with the other fighters alone, but don't worry, like with the Pikmin, you'll be able to get the followers back in some form.

Moveset:

Light Neutral

The wombat siblings simply perform slap-punches with their arms, which doesn't have a combo-finishing move, but it is spammable. The strong variant of the attack has, if all 3 wombat siblings are together, will join up to perform a triple kick!, or double kick if two are present, and a single kick of only the leader is there.

Light Up

The wombat siblings wave up various stuff above their heads, as if they're thinking if the current object in their hand is the right tool for the job. The strong variant of the attack has, if all 3 wombat siblings are together, will join up to perform a triple uppercut combo!, with each wombat sibling going one powerful uppercut after another, leading up to a third and DEVASTATING uppercut! It can be a double uppercut combo if two are present, and a single uppercut of only the leader is there.

Light Down

The wombat siblings do grounded roundhouse kicks while they huddle together when crouching. The strong variant is similar to Olimar's down-smash, but if only 2 wombat siblings are there, the single follower will strike forward in front of the leader, while if only the leader is present, the leader will do a stronger grounded roundhouse kick.

Neutral Special: Wombat Toss

Similar to Pikmin Throw, the leader will hold and toss one of the followers a good distance forward, to which the follower will wander on its own for a while, doing its own attacks based on the current situation, or like the Pikmin, they'll latch onto opponents when they make contact with them and pummel them constantly for a short time. After some time, they'll return to their leader, assuming they were not KO'd in the process.

Up Special: Wombat Launch

Similar to Belay, the Wombats team up with each other to work together on launching each other upwards, usually with the leader getting the most vertical distance.

Down Special: Wombat Call

Similar to Pikmin Order, this move can be used to call back the wombat sibling followers after they were tossed by Wombat Toss, OR if any wombat sibling followers have been KO'd, though this can be done after several seconds after a wombat sibling follower has been KO'd.

Entrance:

The wombat siblings are seen sleeping in their hammocks before waking up and jumping off them and into the battle

Taunt:

The wombat siblings pass around and admire Snout, Zeke's plush friend

Victory Animation:

The wombat siblings perform a balancing act of them stacking into 3 before striking a pose!

Defeat Animation:

They applaud, though feeling a little upset​

Last edited:
Top Bottom