• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Sorry for the long wait everyone but....

It's time to reveal the second and bonus final DLC fighter! Here are the results:

Timothy: 1
Sir Topham Hatt: 1
Zak and Wheezie: 0 :(
Ms. O: 4

It seems that the leader of the Odd Squad, the super math problem solver Ms. O from Odd Squad joins the Brawltime Party as our 2nd bonus DLC fighter! Congrats to IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen on their submission getting in! An excellent choice for another female character onto our roster! I put a poll below for if we should enhance her homestage, Precinct 13579 in some form with the Ms. O DLC update. Vote below please.

Enhancements for the Precinct 13579 stage Poll

Now, to our next two stage jobs for two stages that will come with Ms. O!

Job 184:

Submit a stage based on an original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime! (such as any location from the Story Mode, other modes, etc.). Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 185:

Submit a second stage for a series that only has one stage in the game. The series you submit a stage for must be represented by a fighter. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Mister Rogers's Neighborhood
  • Barney and Friends
  • Any Kratt Brothers show
  • WordGirl
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Cyberchase
  • Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum
  • Teletubbies
  • Molly of Denali
  • Dragon Tales
  • Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
  • FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman
  • EekoWorld
  • Tots TV
Therefore, any stage based on a location from Sesame Street, Arthur, a PBS Kids ID/commercial/etc. and Between the Lions are ineligible. An Odd Squad stage will be ineligible as well. Regardless of the restrictions, describe your stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks. Get submitting and use your imagination!

Stage based on original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime!:

Land of No-Learning

View attachment 364334

This is basically a stage based off of the main setting of the story mode from PBS Kids: Brawltime! You will be traveling through the various locations as shown in the story mode such as the plain grasslands, snowy areas, the lakeside, the electric corridor, etc. The stage has the same layout as Final Battlefield from SSBU making it potentially a counterpick stage for a competitively legal stage. In addition, the stage's terrain will change when in battle affecting the stage. When in the snowy area, the stage wil be snowy and affect the fighter's movment, grasslands just change appearance, dessert will cause ground to be sandy slowing fighter's movements, etc. A fun stage for an original location from the game.

Second stage for series represented by fighter:

Poddleville (Cyberchase)

View attachment 364335

Based off of the location seen in the pilot in Cyberchase, this is the perfect second stage for Cyberchase. Basically, you start by fighting on the streets of the cyberworld of the city. Various Poddles appear in the background and all.

View attachment 364336View attachment 364337

Then, you go to the inside with the pattern board where you can solve a math pattern problem. When you do, you will be rewarded with a special item!

Also, when you press a certain button when selecting this stage (the button being the X button), the appearance of Poddleville will change to its appearance like it was in the pilot episode of Cyberchase.
The Anomaly Dimension
View attachment 364343 View attachment 364344
View attachment 364345 View attachment 364346
Although I'm 100% happy with AlteredBeast's submission, I also thought that it would be fun to battle in the Anomaly Dimension itself! Its layout can be like Tabuu's battle arena in SSB Brawl, with all the dark purple background stuff all twisting and distorting to give the stage that true ominous feel.
View attachment 364342

Even though I'm resubmitting this stage again, I feel like the Kratt Bros deserve two stages, so here it is
the Tortuga HQ

Yep, the Tortuga HQ as you see it above is all I have for this stage's layout! (except it would be facing right) Its head, tail and its massive shell all serve as solid platforms as it travels between different continents featuring all kinds of amazing animals. One gimmick I have in mind is that Zach Varmitech can show up on the stage on a flying machine and try to mess up the nature around him while also trying to mess with the fighters too. While his flying machine can be used as a platform, it can be sent flying away and out of control if it is attacked enough. Better get rid of him fast before he does too much damage to nature!. You can even see some notable Wild Kratts characters in the HQ's windows as well, such as Koki and Jimmy Z.
Hey everyone, sorry about the long wait. It's been a busy couple days for me but now this thread is back in action. Vote on the stages you want to see added to the game. Make sure to read each stage's descriptions.

Original Location Stage Poll
Land of No-Learning AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Anomaly Dimension PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Second Stage for Series with Fighter(s) Poll
Poddleville (Cyberchase) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tortuga HQ (Wild Kratts) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, to get this thread up and running again. Time for the next two jobs!

Job 186:

Given we want to add enhancements to the Precinct 13579 stage, what should the enhancements for this stage be for the update and the liking?

Job 187:

Design/create a moveset for Ms. O. From what Pop said before when he submitted her a long time ago, Ms. O would probably have a parkour based moveset. Maybe throw in some math/spy themed stuff and even the other agents of the Odd Squad!

Get submitting and use your imagination!

I'll only be doing the enhancements job.

I'm thinking for some enhancements for the Precinct 13579 stage, we can add in more hazards such as the lasers and the liking. Maybe even add the ability to go into the various rooms in the Precinct.

For example, one of the rooms can be The Lab

ezgif-3-34ea1f22d4.jpg

Here, you can get like potions and special items. Basically, Precinct 13579 will turn into the Tomodachi Life stage from Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U with some hazards and more rooms even.

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I will most certainly submit a moveset for Ms. O the next day, in case anyone's wondering, it's just too late now in my area

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, as I "promised".....

Ms. O
Series: Odd Squad
Debut: Odd Squad: Zero Effect/Bad Luck Bears (November 26, 2014)

1669938685828.png

"Something very odd has happened!"

Ms. O is quite the all-arounder when it comes to her body-related stats, having medium speed and jump to the point which most of her movement and agility have balanced stats that make her quite the interesting one to get around and learn! When it comes to attacks, that's a whole another story.

Gimmick:

True to the theme of her show and her position as the head of the Odd Squad, many of her attacks are themed to the various parkours and super spy gadgets she and the rest of the Odd Squad agents have used over the years. When it somes to math, some of her moves have a property to them where she has to determine the damage percentage of other fighters to make the most out of them.

Moveset:

Light Neutral
: Ms. O swings around a gadget-y pointing stick while an easel displaying some math related stuff pops up in the background as if she's trying to teach some simple math to the other fighters, but ends up damaging them instead. The strong variant has her swing the learning stick hard three times, gotta REALLY get their attention!

Light Up: Ms. O takes out a protractor and uses it to measure a small arch over that damages anyone over her. The strong variant creates a larger and stronger arch.

Light Down: Two random agents of Odd Squad (ranges from Otto, Olive, Otis and Olympia, plus some others) appear on both sides of Ms. O and wave some spy gadgets around as if they're trying to investigate something. The strong variant has the agents wave their devices harder in order to really find what they're looking for.

Neutral Special: Ms. O hold out a box that has a number display that starts at 10% and when the button is held down, the number increases by 10 and caps at 100. If the box detects a fighter near it with less the number, it will perform a stunning slap with a plastic hand. If the damage is greater than the box's number, it will have a hammer emerge and knock the other fighter forward hard. If the number is equal, than it will use a boxing glove to deliver a seriously-strong uppercut!

Up Special: Ms. O encases herself in a red transport sphere as a spring below launches her upward. In her sphere, she can traverse left or right in the air and even perform a damaging bounce by holding down! After which, she comes out of the sphere

Down Special: Ms. O has a random agent of Odd Squad survey the nearby area and when they observe a fighter whose damage percent is at a certain point, they'll give Ms. O a stat buff as a means of giving her a very small advantage depending on the current situation. If they observe a fighter already in another stat buff, they'll just go with that for Ms. O.

Entrance: Ms. O comes out of a transport tube

Taunt: Ms. O surveys the area

Victory Animation: Ms. O and the other agents of Odd Squad all have a group celebration before posing for the camera.

Losing Animation: Ms. O salutes the winning fighter, fair and square.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll leave the enhancements for the Precinct 13579 stage open for another day as well as the Ms. O moveset job. But, Land of No-Learning and Tortuga HQ are two of the three stages going to be added to Ms. O's update so congrats to me and Pop! Now, onward to the final stage addition job for the DLC update for Ms. O!

Job 188:

Submit a stage for a PBS Kids series that is represented by an assist in the game. The series that are eligible to get a stage for this job are:

• Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Hero Elementary
  • Wishbone
  • Caillou
  • Adventures from the Book of Virtues
  • Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series
  • Super Why!
  • Reading Rainbow
  • George Shrinks
  • Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks
  • Lomax, The Hound of Music
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Martha Speaks
  • Curious George
  • Maya and Miguel
  • Corduroy

Donkey Hodie is excluded as the show got a stage in the update with Donkey. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination like always!

My stage idea:

I will be resubmitting Founder's Fountain (Hero Elementary)

ezgif-3-64d1e0a166.jpg

Basically, I feel more modern PBS shows should get representation in more major forms such as stages despite us getting a Donkey Hodie stage last update. Hero Elementary has multiple locations but I thought about going something a bit more unique and out of the box. Basically, you fight in front of the statue of Felix Finder, the superhero who founded Hero Elementary and presumably CityTown. The stage has walkoffs and no platforms but there will be the various superheroes flying around here testing their powers. If you get attacked by their powers on accident, you will get damage.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so my enhancements for the Precinct 13579 stage as well as Founder's Fountain got in. Alongside this, Pop's moveset for Ms. O has been added so well done to the both of us! Now, onto the next three jobs or:

Job 189:

Write a Learning Book set for Ms. O

Job 190:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Ms. O for PBS Kids: Brawltime! We will be adding an Odd Squad assist as well but submit a prompt for an assist job. Remember to be specific and not vague!

Job 191:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Ms. O for PBS Kids: Brawltime! We will be adding an item from Odd Squad in the update!

Learning Book Set for Ms. O:

• Tier 1 (Takes up 1 slot)
    • On the Double, Agents! (The agents in Ms. O's Light Down will come out faster)
    • Faster Learning (Ms. O's Light Neutral is faster and can be more spammable)
    • Odder Angles (Ms. O's Light Up comes out faster and deals a bit more damage, it will even have a bigger arch of attack!)
    • Super Odd Speed! (Ms. O gains a speed buff!)
  • Tier 2 (Takes up 2 slots)
    • The Odder Boxes (For Ms. O's Neutral Special, the items will deal more damage)
    • Odder Recovery (Now, for Ms. O's Up Special, it can be used twice in midair!)
    • Go For It, Ms. O! (For Ms. O's Down Special, she will gain a slightly bigger stat buff from her agents)
  • Tier 3 (Takes up 3 slots)
    • Odd Squad, Come Forth! (Ms. O gets a stat buff!)
    • Odder Uppercuts (For Ms. O's Neutral Special, it will always attack with the boxing glove!)
  • Tier 4 (Takes up 4 slots)
    • Extremely Odd Speed! (Now, for the start of the match for a few seconds, Ms. O will gain EXTREME speed and some more stat buffs!)
Assist and Item Job Prompts:

Submit an assist from a series that deconfirmed a fighter with a background stage cameo.

Submit an item from a series with none to one item.

The assist job idea is kind of a consolation prize for characters who did not the confirmation as a fighter I feel. Items has the same job prompt I submitted from last time.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think AlteredBeast did a fantastic job with Ms. O's Learning Book set, so I'll do the others

Assist and Item Job Prompts:

Submit an assist that is based on a character which you knew that not a lot else ever knew, aka. a PBS character that's so freakin' obscure!

Submit an item that has some relation to the story mode, whether it's part of the World of No-Learning, the Anomaly or the futuristic neon gaming city at the end!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Learning Book set got in for Ms. O. Now, onward to our jobs adding our assists to add with Ms. O!

Job 192:

Time for more assists to help out in the battle! You can submit up to three assists, one for each assist category presented.

1. Submit an assist based on a character from Odd Squad

2. Submit an assist based on a character that was deconfirmed by a stage. Basically, a consolation prize for another deconfirmed character.

3. Submit an assist that is based on a character from either an obscure PBS Kids show or a show you have not heard about until now. Practically, this is like our first deconfirmation via assist for DLC. This one is very open so do some research if you feel like it!

Get submitting and remember, use your imagination!

Odd Squad Assist:

Delivery Debbie

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

The owner of Debbie's Pizzeria as well as a client of the Odd Squad is here to assist! When used as an assist, she will occassionally heal the fighter she is helping with pizza recovering a small percentage. However, when the assist meter is full, she will throw the pizza boxes on accident and cause some damage to the nearby fighters.

Deconfirmed Background Stage Character Assist:

Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends)

3DB3C414-C760-4900-B5B9-AB670CD464F0.jpeg

Basically, I feel Thomas and Friends should get an assist. Why not have the main controller himself that I submitted to be a fighter? For Topham, he will follow around the fighter giving the fighter "jobs" by telling them to perform certain moves (think Ruff Ruffman's gameshow gimmick but more simple and rewards the fighter). If the fighter does the "job" Topham gives them, he will reward them with a stat buff and say "I'd say! Good job engineer!" If you do not complete the task, he will reprimand you by giving you 5-10% as a punishment. When the assist meter is full, Topham will give bigger rewards if you complete his tasks but fail to do the job asked, he reprimands you more by giving you 10-15% of damage! Simply put it, he's here to control the stage like what he does as a railway controller! He's a bit of a risk/reward assist making him unique in a way.

Obscure PBS Kids Show Character Assist:

Wimzie (Wimzie's House)

71Y1py4sXtL._RI_.jpg

Since Odd Squad is a Canadian produced show, why not have another obscure Canadian program that aired on PBS Kids for a few years represented that has a female lead? Look no further than the cheerful but clumsy dragon/bird hybrid, Wimzie!

When used as an assist, Wimzie will follow around the fighter with a toy and such and play with it. She will show a fighter her toy and then act selfish about it causing some damage to the other fighters. When the meter is full, she will learn to share the toy with the fighter she is assisting and it will be a super strong "toy" (meaning a super strong item).

Fun fact: Wimzie's House was a show that used similar puppetry to Sesame Street and this led to legal trouble to the Jim Henson Company in 2000. It would be quite poetic to have Wimzie's House have minor representation in this game while Sesame Street gets all the goodies.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I'm personally happy with AlteredBeast's assist submission for the Odd Squad assist, so I have submissions for the rest

Scooter McNutty (Barney)
1670289342789.png

He jumps on top of other fighters, damaging them and gimping them in the air, hindering their recoveries. When the assist meter is full, he'll do a big stomp that acts as a meteor smash!

Lamb Chop (Lamb Chop's Play-Along)
1670289501958.png

I bet NOBODY has heard about this one till' now, seriously

She'll sing a song featuring a stat buff for the fighter she's assisting, when the assist meter is full, she'll sing a song of a strong stat debuff on another fighter!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my Learning Book set got in for Ms. O. Now, onward to our jobs adding our assists to add with Ms. O!

Job 192:

Time for more assists to help out in the battle! You can submit up to three assists, one for each assist category presented.

1. Submit an assist based on a character from Odd Squad

2. Submit an assist based on a character that was deconfirmed by a stage. Basically, a consolation prize for another deconfirmed character.

3. Submit an assist that is based on a character from either an obscure PBS Kids show or a show you have not heard about until now. Practically, this is like our first deconfirmation via assist for DLC. This one is very open so do some research if you feel like it!

Odd Squad Assist:

Delivery Debbie

View attachment 364725

The owner of Debbie's Pizzeria as well as a client of the Odd Squad is here to assist! When used as an assist, she will occassionally heal the fighter she is helping with pizza recovering a small percentage. However, when the assist meter is full, she will throw the pizza boxes on accident and cause some damage to the nearby fighters.

Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends)

View attachment 364726

Basically, I feel Thomas and Friends should get an assist. Why not have the main controller himself that I submitted to be a fighter? For Topham, he will follow around the fighter giving the fighter "jobs" by telling them to perform certain moves (think Ruff Ruffman's gameshow gimmick but more simple and rewards the fighter). If the fighter does the "job" Topham gives them, he will reward them with a stat buff and say "I'd say! Good job engineer!" If you do not complete the task, he will reprimand you by giving you 5-10% as a punishment. When the assist meter is full, Topham will give bigger rewards if you complete his tasks but fail to do the job asked, he reprimands you more by giving you 10-15% of damage! Simply put it, he's here to control the stage like what he does as a railway controller! He's a bit of a risk/reward assist making him unique in a way.

Wimzie (Wimzie's House)

View attachment 364727

Since Odd Squad is a Canadian produced show, why not have another obscure Canadian program that aired on PBS Kids for a few years represented that has a female lead? Look no further than the cheerful but clumsy dragon/bird hybrid, Wimzie!

When used as an assist, Wimzie will follow around the fighter with a toy and such and play with it. She will show a fighter her toy and then act selfish about it causing some damage to the other fighters. When the meter is full, she will learn to share the toy with the fighter she is assisting and it will be a super strong "toy" (meaning a super strong item).

Fun fact: Wimzie's House was a show that used similar puppetry to Sesame Street and this led to legal trouble to the Jim Henson Company in 2000. It would be quite poetic to have Wimzie's House have minor representation in this game while Sesame Street gets all the goodies.
I'm personally happy with AlteredBeast's assist submission for the Odd Squad assist, so I have submissions for the rest

Scooter McNutty (Barney)
View attachment 364734
He jumps on top of other fighters, damaging them and gimping them in the air, hindering their recoveries. When the assist meter is full, he'll do a big stomp that acts as a meteor smash!

Lamb Chop (Lamb Chop's Play-Along)
View attachment 364735
I bet NOBODY has heard about this one till' now, seriously

She'll sing a song featuring a stat buff for the fighter she's assisting, when the assist meter is full, she'll sing a song of a strong stat debuff on another fighter!
Alright, I will close the assist jobs. As a matter of fact, I have heard about Lamb Chop's Play Along before and I think the lamb herself is a very neat submission for sure. Delivery Debbie has been added by default for the Odd Squad assist. Now, we need to vote for the stage cameo character assist and obscure PBS Kids show assist. Read through the submissions and then vote on which one you want added to the game please.

Background Stage Cameo Character Assist Poll
Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Scooter McNutty (Barney and Friends) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Obscure PBS Kids Show Character Assist Poll
Wimzie (Wimzie's House) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lamb Chop (Lamb Chop's Play Along) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the items job!

Job 193:

Time for more items to be added for more fighters to play around! You can submit three items, one from each of these categories! They can be passive or healing items!

1. Submit an item based on something from Odd Squad.

2. Submit an item from a series with a fighter on the roster that has no items specifcally tied to their series or have an item but its not specifically from the show such as the Lamb Chops representing Between the Lions.

The series eligible for this category of items are:

• Mister Rogers's Neighborhood
  • Wild Kratts/any Kratt Bros Show
  • Between the Lions
  • Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
  • FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman/any Ruff Ruffman show
  • EekoWorld
Please let me know if I missed any shows on this list that are eligible for this job or series that should be added to this list that I forgot please.

3. Submit an item that has some relation to the story mode, whether it's part of the World of No-Learning, the Anomaly or the futuristic neon gaming city at the end!

Odd Squad Item:

Clone-inator

Clone-inator_ID_OTS2E11.jpg

When using this Odd Squad gadget, the fighter who uses it can make a clone of themselves that will follow them around for a short time. THe clone will dissapear after a few seconds. This would be similar to how Ditto the Pokémon works in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Series with no item to vague item:

Bobby the Hopping Robot (Between the Lions)

Bobby_the_Hopping_Robot_3.jpg

Basically, the fighter just has to tap the top of Bobby's prop, making Bobby hop! The fighter can then just stand back and enjoy Bobby hopping. But, when Bobby hops after the fighter taps Bobby's prop, he will hop frantically attacking the fighters and give them some damage for a short time.

Item in relation to story mode:

Anomaly Dimension Crystal
Ecc32B1VcAIA76d.png

As seen in the tweltfh chapter, when a fighter grabs the crystal, they attack it and open up a black hole. Similar to the Black Hole item in the Smash series, it can trap any opposing fighters in there for a temporary time making them more vulnerable to attacks. Then, the black hole will dissapear.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, I only have something for the series with no item to vague item, as I'm 100% satisfied with the others that AlteredBeast submitted:

Loco Cheeko Cards (EekoWorld)
screenshot.1.jpg

We need more EekoWorld stuff, that's all. These cards work like the Joustus Cards in Shovel Knight Showdown, when picked up and thrown, they'll remain suspended in the air for a moment before charging at a random fighter, trapping them if they manage to run into them! The fighter can try to mash out of the cards by mashing buttons and control sticks to escape the cards before they fly off-screen to the blast zone with them, but this is rather difficult to do and is only exacerbated at higher damage percentages.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry about the long wait as I have been busy with stuff but Sir Topham Hatt and Lamb Chop join as assists with the Ms. O update so congrats to me and Pop! Along with this, I have decided that all 4 four items that have been submitted will join with the Ms. O update! Now, onto the next job.

Job 194:

Submit a story mode chapter focused on Ms. O. Like the chapter we did for Donkey, the chapter can take place somewhere during the Story Mode or even in the neon gaming city at the end of the Story Mode. Get writing and
submitting. As always, use your imagination!

Ms. O DLC Chapter

The Odd Case in The City

This chapter takes place after the main story mode where the Odd Squad are settling in their new precinct in the city and they get some sort of case to solve within the area.

We start off the chapter with a shot of the Neon Gaming City and we zoom into a strange building. We enter the building and we see a sequence similar to the Odd Squad opening showcasing what they have done in the city thus far. We see the Odd Squad doing their daily tasks in their new precinct. Various agents such as Olive, Otto, etc. are working around the precinct.

Olive: Morning Otto!

Otto: Morning Olive! I am enjoying our new precinct here in this colorful city!

Olive: It's not as odd as our boss would call it.

We then go into the room where we see a young girl in a suit sitting in her chair. It is revealed to be none other than Ms. O.

Ms. O is about to make an announcement over the PA systems in the precinct.

Ms. O: All agents report to the conference room for a meeting! Please come immediately!

Olive: Well, that's our boss! We better get going!

Olive, Otto and other agents of the Odd Squad head to the conference room of their new precinct where their boss, Ms. O has to talk to them. Ms. O salutes everyone and everyone salutes back. She then shows some footage on a screen.

Ms. O: We have a very...odd case in this city! Apparently, I have been getting reports about some strange cases within this neon city.

It then shows footage of various electronics being hacked on accident.

Ms. O: It seems everything is being hacked for some odd reason! We must investigate! Agents, let's move!

Everyone in the Odd Squad nods and gets moving. They all slide down the pole and get moving.

Ms. O: Quickly agents! We must crack this case!

Everyone nods.

As Ms. O, you will go through an alleyway of the city leading up to the main part where the computer systems are being hacked. Along with the way, you will have to dodge street gang members, dangerous alleycats and traps.

After the platforming section:

Ms. O: There seems to be no sign here. Guess I'll have to go back to headquarters then.

She then teleports with the other agents back and then they receive word from their large purple fortune tellers. They get pictures of a big blue dragon and a purple cybird wearing a hat, both being Ord and Digit.

Otto: Those two seem like odd fellows.

Olive: Maybe they are the victims of the hacking case.

Ms. O: Then, we better find them quickly!

She teleports back to where she was and then looks around the city with her eyes. She then notices...the blue dragon with his friends wearing streetwear talking to the purple cybird.

Ms. O: You two hackers!

Ord and Digit then look at Ms. O.

Ord: AAAAAH!

Ord turns invisible.

Digit: Excuse me miss, but I didn't hack-

Ms. O: Well, my paper fortune tellers told me you two were the sources to some hacking problems around the city.

Ord then becomes visible.

Ord: Wait...I was not a part of-

Ms. O: Time to crack this case!

As Ms. O, you must fight against Ord and Digit in a no-frills battle in the city landscape. Simply battle them and knock them out.

After the battle:

Ord and Digit look defeated.

Digit: OK, OK, the hacker is not me, it's my old colleague named Hacker!!!

The Odd Squad agents look weirdly at Digit.

Olive: Who's Hacker?

Ord: Uh....well...he's some big green guy that has robot minions and loves hacking computers. We can show you his place. We'll lead you to it.

Otto: Sounds fair to me, Hacker sounds like an odd fellow!

Ms. O: Agents, let's move!

Ms. O, Ord and Digit proceed forward.

You can choose between Ms. O, Ord or Digit to go through a platforming section that leads to Hacker's place. You must dodge cars, street thugs, etc. as hazards.

After the platforming section:

Ms. O, the Odd Squad agents, Ord and Digit find Hacker with Buzz and Delete. Hacker has a shocked face.

Hacker: What are you all doing here??

Ms. O: So you were the one hacking the city on accident? Or on purpose?

Hacker: Well..erm, I want to...rule the city!!!

Delete: Ain't that right Buzzy?

Buzz: Right like boss said!

Ord: Well, not anymore you evil-doer!

Digit: Never fear guys, the Didge is here to solve this case!

Hacker looks at them.

Hacker: Is that so....well, you'll have to take me down before the computers go back to normal!

Ms. O: Agents...let's take care of him!

They nod and so do Ord and Digit.

You can choose between Ms. O, Ord or Digit to fight against Hacker and his assist Delete. Hacker's moves are more powerful and feels more boss-like in this battle. After you complete the boss fight, you then have to run to the computer and then attack it to provide the code to restore the computer system for the city.

After the boss fight:

Hacker looks in defeat. But then, he and his minions find a way to get away.

Hacker: I'll be back!!!

He yells that while transporting away with Buzz and Delete.

Ms. O, Ord and Digit try to chase him but it's no use.

Ms. O: Well....I guess that is settled.

Ord: Yeah, well, I'm glad we could help!

Digit: After all, I know all about him.

Ms. O: Thanks you two, well, we better go back to base. We will let you two know if we need any help! Say....do you two want a tour of our base?

Digit and Ord look at each other.

Digit and Ord: Sure!

Ord: Can I bring my friends as well?

Digit: Mine too?

Olive: Of course you can!

Otto: Just remember, our base is a secret!

The two cheer. Then, we cut to a scene showcasing Ord and his friends as well as Digit, Matt, Inez and Jackie checking out the new base of the Odd Squad. The Cyberchase kids are intrigued by the math-based objects, gadgets and things within the base. While this montage is happening, the Odd Squad credits theme is playing.

We then zoom out of the base to the city running fair and smoothly as it should in the end.

End of Chapter

I thought I would change things up a bit given my limited knowledge of Odd Squad but have a chapter set in the new city where the Odd Squad still fights against evil and our first chapter not involving the Anomaly at all.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, to be honest, I really WAS going to submit a story mode chapter that was similar to AlteredBeast's, except with some alterations and the addition of a few more Odd Squad agents, like Olympia, but in a culmination of needing to get things going and being too late, I'd say I'm going to go with AlteredBeast's, since I feel like that will surely inspire many to write story mode chapters with different villains that happen after the main story, myself included.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my chapter for Ms. O will be added. I feel I just wanted to write the chapter as is with some research I did on Odd Squad. The reason I chose Olive and Otto is because they both are the main characters of the first two seasons of Odd Squad. I could have went with more agents but I felt the dynamic between Ms. O, Ord and Digit would be cool.

Anyway, we shall move on to our next job being event matches. Before we start that job, I have three polls to put up down below.

1. Should we add Donkey and Ms. O as added fighters to the opponents Dash must face in Dash's Brawltime Party Finale (the final base game event) as they are technically "free" bonus fighters? They were not part of Dash's PBS Kids World Tour so I feel they should be added but that's up for us as a thread to decide.

2. Should we add the event exclusive stage of Theodore Tugboat himself as a stage for the regular Vs mode as opposed to being an Event Mode exclusive stage as a bonus addition?

3. What additional content should come with the Ms. O update?

Please vote on the polls down below!

Donkey and Ms. O in Dash's Brawltime Party Finale! Poll

Theodore Tugboat Stage Poll

Additional Content Poll

Now, onto our next job...

Job 195:

Submit four DLC event match ideas to come with the update for Ms. O. Similar to Donkey in a way, I feel one of the events should focus around Ms. O. I was thinking we should have two of the event matches be based around Tortuga HQ and Founder's Fountain. The final one can be based around one of the new assists. That's just me but you can do event matches based on the new content that comes with Ms. O. Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

Event #Extra01: Odd Together Now
Event description:
Uh oh! It seems there is a hacker entering the precinct wanting to steal an ancient artifact as well as hack their base! Ms. O and the Odd Squad recruited some fighters to help take down this evil-doer in a no-frills battle!
Player: Ms. O
Allies: Ord, Digit
Stage: Precinct 13579
Opponent(s): Hacker
Opponent(s)' Assists: Delete
Event objective: As Ms. O, you need to defeat Hacker in a no-frills battle. Hacker will have three stocks assuming he has gained some sort of hacking code to make him live longer. If you get KOd, you fail the mission. If your allies get KOd, the match will still go on as they are there for help.
References: The Odd Squad two-part episode Odd Together Now which was also the series finale for the show. Ord and Digit being allies as well as Hacker being the opponent also references Ms. O's story mode chapter.

Event #Extra02: The Song That Never Ends
Event description:
This is the song that never ends! It just goes on and on, my friends. Lamb Chop started singing it, not knowing what it was, and she'll sing it to some fighters forever just because....
Player: Choice
Assist: Lamb Chop
Stage: Sesame Street
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Elmo and one other random opponent for every playthrough
Event objective: As you fight Big Bird, Elmo and the other random opponent, you must Lamb Chop's assist function when it is full on each fighter. There will be a counter on the top-left hand corner telling you how many fighters Lamb Chop has to sing to. Once you use her singing on each fighter, you complete the mission! If you get KOd, you fail the event. If you KO an opponent, they respawn.
References: No particular reference to a Lamb Chop's Play Along episode, just a reference to the song sung at the end of each episode called The Song That Doesn't End/The Song That Never Ends that is sung by the puppets and kids. Also, the fight taking place on Sesame Street as well with Big Bird being one of the opponents is a reference to the Sesame Street episode, Episode 3525 where Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop visit Sesame Street and meet Big Bird.

Event #Extra03: Trouble at Tortuga HQ
Event description:
Uh oh! Zach Varmitech is up to no good as he made the various animals Chris and Martin met at the Brawltime Party robots! Can you help the Kratt Brothers as well as their team save their friends and restore justice!
Player: Chris and Martin
Assist: Createrra XV
Stage: Tortuga HQ
Opponent(s): Robot versions of Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Digit, Lionel, Marvin, Cheeko and Donkey
Event objective: As Chris and Martin, you need to KO each opponent being the robot versions of the various animal characters from PBS Kids: Brawltime! as well as defeat Zach Varmitech in a no-frills battle! You have to defeat Zach Varmitech before he goes away. If you get KOd or Zach Varmitech dissapears before you defeat him, you fail the event.
References: No specific Wild Kratts episode, it just references how Zach Varmitech, the main villain of Wild Kratts wants to destroy nature and sometimes make robot versions of animals.

Event #Extra04: Citytown Faces the Anomaly Invasion!
Event description:
Calling all superheroes! There seems to be some trouble! The heroes of Hero Elementary are trying to find a bird with a Twigcam! However, some strange purple creatures are destroying the city including the statue of Felix Finder by Founder's Fountain! Help protect the fountain before trouble ensues!
Assist: Sara Snap
Ally: WordGirl
Ally's Assist: Benny Bubbles
Stage: Founder's Fountain
Opponent(s): Anomaly minions (Endless)
Event objective: For this event match, you have to protect the statue of Felix Finder for two miutes and 30 seconds worth of Anomaly madness! You can attack the Anomaly to stop destroying Founder's Fountain! Occassionally, they will make puddles where they can give you tons of damage if you stand there! If you get KOd or the statue gets destroyed, you fail the event.
References: The event description that sets up this event is based on the Hero Elementary episode All Over the Map but the Anomaly interrupt their bird hunt and they must be super to protect the city! Also, WordGirl is an ally given she is also a superhero that protects a city as well in her show WordGirl.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Event #Extra01: The Odd One Out
Event description:
Alert! Alert! A Hacker has been detected at the precinct! Be forewarned that this will not be a simple mission, as that Hacker has gained access to duplication codes to create deceptive fakes of himself! Get down there and eliminate the true Hacker immediately!
Player: Ms. O
Stage: Precinct 13579
Opponent(s): Hacker (x3, a real one and two fakes, x4 with three fakes on higher difficulty levels)
Opponent(s)' Assists: Random (Different for each Hacker)
Event objective: As Ms. O, you need to defeat the REAL Hacker of 3 or 4 who have the exact same look in order for to successfully complete the mission. Defeating any "fake" hackers will just respawn when KO'd. The only way to tell which one is the real one is by paying attention to a special monitor in the stage which will flicker to the point where it can be pretty hard to catch if you do not look at it close enough to show you which assist is tied to the real Hacker.
References: No episode in particular, just inspired from a famous catchphrase that uses the word "odd" and mildly references Hacker being the main villain of Ms. O's story mode chapter.

Event #Extra02: Who made that sound?
Event description:
On Lamb Chop's farm, there are always lots of sounds and songs for the whole gang to hear and try to sing along to! However none of those songs seems to be familiar to them, can you help them recognize who's song belongs to which?
Assist: Lamb Chop
Stage: Sesame Street
Opponent(s): random for every playthrough (6 to 8)
Event objective:
Displayed next to your assist bar is a symbol for what status effect Lamb Chop will give to the other fighters. In this event, your goal is to match Lamb Chop's status effect to the correct fighter, marked with symbols above them. Doing so correctly will KO them in the process. Miss 3 times and it's over!
References: No particular reference to a Lamb Chop's Play Along episode other than many typical kids' media that involves farms and those stuff tend to have matching games involving farm animal sounds.

My Event ideas for Extra03 and Extra04 are more or less similar to AlteredBeast's, both of which I really like already.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so it seems Donkey and Ms. O will be joining the lineup of opponents for Dash's Brawltime Party Finale, the Theodore Tugboat stage where you fight on Theodore himself will remain event mode exclusive and I have decided Pop's events for Ms. O and Lamb Chop and my events for the Tortuga HQ and the Founder's Fountain stage will be the events for Ms. O. I felt Pop's event ideas for Ms. O and Lamb Chop just felt more better and complex, thus making them feel more like DLC events.

Based on the poll, I believe there was a tie between a new game mode and a quality of life addition to be added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! so why don't we add both?

Onto the next two jobs and a side job:

Job 196:

Submit a new game mode idea to come with the Ms. O update.

Job 197:

Submit a quality-of-life addition you want with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! update that comes with Donkey. It has to be some small minor change that enhances the game but does not affect the game's core gameplay.

Side job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Ms. O. Get submitting and use your imagination!

New game mode idea:

Resubmitting Fitness Fun

Inspired by Dash's love of fitness, this mode will involve you playing as a fighter doing exercises aka other ways of brawling. This is PBS Kids: Brawltime's equivalent of a Stadium Mode.

There are three modes:

Green Circle Tag: The Target Test equivalent, each fighter gets their own unique stage based on their strengths (just like how the Target Test stages were designed in Super Smash Bros Melee) chasing green circles akin to the PBS Kids logo with the fighter's face on it.

Anomaly Melee: The Multi-Man Melee equivalent where you fight multiple dark fighters from the Anomaly's forces. There's 100 Man Anomaly, Endless Anomaly and Cruel Anomaly

Mad Carnival Dash: As the fighter, you will run through the carnival shown in the PBS Kids Jack-in-the-Box ID as fast as you can for 10 seconds. This is the equivalent to Home Run Contest.

Quality of Life Addition:

I guess fixing buggy moves and such. I can't really think of anything for this one to be honest.

Ms O. Reveal Trailer:

Invasion of the Brawltime Party!

Before the trailer would commence with Announcer Bunny appearing, there would be sort of a mini montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters and Donkey by it.

Then, we see Announncer Bunny pop out of his hat.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to our nextDLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the last free bonus character you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies!

Then, we hear an alarm go off.

Announcer Bunny: Uh oh! That sounds like there's trouble! Let's see what's happening right now with our fighters!

Announcer Bunny pops back in his hat and then, the screen turns black.

We then cut to gameplay footage of Ord and Digit teaming up against Hacker fighting him on the Precinct 13579 stage. Then, it cuts to some animated footage after Hacker gets badly beaten.

Hacker: URRGHHHH! It's time for my plan to infiltrate this base!

Digit then looks at Ord concerned.

Digit: We gotta do something about this, big guy! Hacker is about to use his secret duplication code.

Ord nods and is shivering.

Ord: I'm just a little....

Then, all of the sudden....

We see a group of agents coming in the main foyer of the spy base who look like a group of kids.

odd-squad-news-post-e1572418896745.jpg

Otto: Hey! What's all this ruckus about?

Olive: We keep seeing these intruders everywhere!

Olympia: And, we didn't do anything about them!

Ms. O: Well, that's very ODD! You three come with me!

Ord, Digit and Hacker nod nervously.

They all go into some conference room in the precinct.

Ms. O: So, tell me how you three got into the base?

Ord: Well, um, I've heard our friends from this Brawltime party got to go to some other worlds where we knew no one.

Digit: Yeah, we have proof of this. The Didge is always prepared.

Hacker: Maybe if so, I was close to-

Everyone was invested in the video footage. In the video, we see various footage from past presentations of fighters fighting on stages that deconfirmed fighters including Ms. Frizzle, Barney, Chris and Martin and Lionel fighting on the Tarrytown Sky Parade stage, Arthur, Dash and Xavier Riddle battling on The Puzzle Place stage, Digit, Hacker and WordGirl on the Bill Nye's Lab stage, Barney, Cheeko, Molly and Lionel on the Island of Sodor stage, Chris and Martin with the Aristotle assist fighting against the Teletubbies with the Noo-Noo assist and Donkey with the Tiny assist on the Great Big Harbor stage and finally Precinct 13579 stage where Big Bird is fighting against Mr. Rogers, Xavier Riddle and WordGirl showcasing the hazards and all.

When it gets to the part of the footage where it showcases the Precinct 13579 stage, Ms. O pauses the video footage.

Ms. O: So...you three weren't the first fighters here that invaded our base? How did this come to be such an ODD case?

Ord, Digit and Hacker shrug at one another.

Then, one agent who is Olaf comes in with something.

Olaf: Boss! We recieved a special green envelope!

Everyone looks and Ord recognizes it.

Ord: HEY! It's that invite Barney gave me to that Brawltime party!

Digit: It seems....

Ms. O observes the letter and then reads it.

The letter says (it is read in Dash's voice):

Dear Ms. O,

We're sorry my friends from my Brawltime Party invaded your precinct. Our fighters have gone to so many worlds with uninivted friends where they thought Brawltime Party letters could have gone. It seems my letter came in a little late due to it getting lost in an odd spot. But, obviously, I wrote to you to invite you to my Brawltime Party given your super good skills at math as well as with spy gadgets! I hope you and your members of the Odd Squad can join us!

From,

Dash

Hacker: So, that Earthling is going to join that...

Ms. O: Well, agents, on to our next mission, the Brawltime Party!

All the agents salute, even Ord and Digit go in.

Then, we see them all move out of the base and then it cuts to Ms. O making a pose and then it cuts to the newcomer introduction screen...

Introducing Ms. O! (Ms. O stands next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Ms. O!")

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see Ms. O in the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Ord, Digit and Hacker while there is a new remixed version of the Odd Squad theme song with some bits of the credits theme added to it.

Ms. O: It seems this Brawltime Party is going to be outstanding!!!

We then get a showcase of Ms. O's moves and gadgets against certain fighters across certain stages where she showcases off her gadgets and agents in certain attacks.

Otto: With her math tools, gadgets and spy skills, Ms. O is one tough foe!

It then cuts back to the Precinct 13579 stage where it now showcases off the new hazards and enhancements to the stage including the ability to enter the rooms and get items. We see Ord dodge lasers, Ms. Frizzle get an item from the lab, etc.

Olympia: Also, since we have all been invited to this odd party, we'll give you a bit more insight on our base. Watch out for the lasers.

Then, we see Ms. O use the Clone-inator Item on Cyberspace fighting against Hacker, the Clone-inator is a new item that will come with her.

Ms. O: With this Clone-inator, there can be two of me. Quite odd, isn't it?

Hacker: AAAGH! I shall never be beaten by that tiny Earthling!

Finally, it cuts to Delivery Debbie coming in to showcase off her function as an assist. Ms. O has Delivery Debbie following her around the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Barney, Dash and Lionel.

Delivery Debbie: Did somebody order pizza?

Ms. O: Delivery Debbie is one of our clients! She brought extra pizza for this party!

We then see other footage including:

• Ms. O with Digit on the Cyberspace stage
  • Ms. O with Mr. Rogers on the Land of Make Believe showing off her gadgets
  • Ms. O using her Light Down summoning Otto against WordGirl on the WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout stage
  • We even see footage of Ms. O, Ord and Digit in a platforming section of her story mode chapter that comes with her
Finally, we see her take out Hacker in a battle against the duplicate Hackers showcasing off a preview of her event. Then, as the Odd Squad theme ends, we see Ms. O be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters and Donkey.

Then, it cuts to a scene of Ord, Dash, Digit, Ms. O and the Odd Squad all eating pizza.

Ord: You know, this pizza could use some Dragonberries on it?

Ord then looks at Digit and shrugs.

Dash: Well, I guess that was a bit ODD of us to come in here without permission!

Dash just eats his slice of pizza.

It then cuts to copyrights and all.

In Ms. O's DLC update showcase presentation:

Announcer Bunny appears again.

Announcer Bunny: Well, it seems a rule has been broken! Our first and only character that was a character who appeared in the background of a stage has become a fighter, making her a special case! The super intelligent and leader of the Odd Squad, Ms. O joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our final free bonus DLC character! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring her coming out right after the showcase.

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Ms. O as a fighter and her moveset
  • The enhancements to the Precinct 13579 stage
  • Delivery Debbie as an assist
  • The Clone-inator as an item
  • One of the event matches Ms. O comes with being The Odd One Out
  • A preview of her Story Mode chapter
Notes:

• In the YouTube trailer version, the trailer will start with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters and Donkey by the logo and it will cut right into the part where the alarm goes off and Announcer Bunny hides.
  • The Odd Squad characters' roles will be reprised by their respective actors.
This trailer was tough to write as once again, I have limited knowledge on Odd Squad but I had fun with this.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Bug fixes and general improvements to netplay and other crucial stuff

Ms O. Reveal Trailer:

An ODD turn of events!

We start off with a montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus Donkey.

We then see the Announcer bunny, though just as a still PNG file in front of a still background, and the things the characters are saying are only displayed as text in a box on the bottom of the screen.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to our next DLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the last free bonus character you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies!

Announcer Bunny: Uh oh! That sounds like there's something going on in a very ODD stage! Let's go and check what's going on in one of our stages!

We see a group of agents coming in the main foyer of the spy base who look like a group of kids.

Olympia: Well Oh my goodness! It looks like we have some ruckus going on in the precinct! How odd!

Ms. O: Hey! That's where I have seen all those random people all battle each other there!

Otis: Oh yeah, me too, there was this huge yellow bird and this purple dino and those two men in green and blue who could turn into animals.

Otto: Yeah, I don't see anything odd about that!

Ms. O: Well I disagree! Come on, let's go agents, maybe there's trouble brewing there!

Ms. O: Hmmm, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary right now....except this screen showing some battles going on!

Olive: Well, I didn't leave it on!

Ms. O: Hmmm, then it looks like the TV screen turned on itself somehow, that's ODD.

Everyone was invested in the video footage. In the video, we see various footage from past presentations of fighters fighting on stages that deconfirmed fighters including Ms. Frizzle, Barney, Chris and Martin and Lionel fighting on the Tarrytown Sky Parade stage, Arthur, Dash and Xavier Riddle battling on The Puzzle Place stage, Digit, Hacker and WordGirl on the Bill Nye's Lab stage, Barney, Cheeko, Molly and Lionel on the Island of Sodor stage, Chris and Martin with the Aristotle assist fighting against the Teletubbies with the Noo-Noo assist and Donkey with the Tiny assist on the Great Big Harbor stage and finally Precinct 13579 stage where Big Bird is fighting against Mr. Rogers, Xavier Riddle and WordGirl showcasing the hazards and all.

When it gets to the part of the footage where it showcases the Precinct 13579 stage, Ms. O pauses the video footage.

Ms. O: Wait a minute, how come I'm not here in this security footage? I'm usually there doing my everyday tasks, so why am I not here?

The Odd Squad agents all shrug.

Olaf: Boss! We received a special green envelope!

Dear Ms. O,
We're sorry my friends from my Brawltime Party invaded your precinct. Our fighters have gone to so many worlds with uninivted friends where they thought Brawltime Party letters could have gone. It seems my letter came in a little late due to it getting lost in an odd spot. But, obviously, I wrote to you to invite you to my Brawltime Party given your super good skills at math as well as with spy gadgets! I hope you and your members of the Odd Squad can join us!

From,
Dash

Olympia: Ohhhhh, so maybe the reason you weren;t in that footage is probably because......

Ms. O: Well, agents, on to our next mission, the Brawltime Party! (This line is actually said in voice acting, as with the rest of the trailer)

All the agents salute

Then, we see them all move out of the base and then it cuts to Ms. O making a pose and then it cuts to the newcomer introduction screen...

Introducing Ms. O! (Ms. O stands next to the text which is in the PBS Kids font while Announcer Bunny says "Ms. O!")

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see Ms. O in the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Ord, Xavier Riddle and the Kratt Bros. while there is a new remixed version of the Odd Squad theme song with some bits of the credits theme added to it.

We then get a showcase of Ms. O's moves and gadgets against certain fighters across certain stages where she showcases off her gadgets and agents in certain attacks.

It then cuts back to the Precinct 13579 stage where it now showcases off the new hazards and enhancements to the stage including the ability to enter the rooms and get items. We see Ord dodge lasers, Ms. Frizzle get an item from the lab, etc.

Olympia: Also, since we have all been invited to this odd party, we'll give you a bit more insight on our base. Watch out for the lasers.

Then, we see Ms. O use the Clone-inator Item on Cyberspace fighting against Donkey, the Clone-inator is a new item that will come with her.

Donkey: makes confused sounds

Tom: Odd, yeah....

Finally, it cuts to Delivery Debbie coming in to showcase off her function as an assist. Ms. O has Delivery Debbie following her around the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Barney, Dash and Lionel.

Ms. O: Delivery Debbie is one of our clients! She brought extra pizza for this party!

• Ms. O using her Light Down summoning Otto against WordGirl on the WordGirl's Super Secret Spaceship Hideout stage
  • We even see footage of Ms. O, Ord and Digit in a platforming section of her story mode chapter that comes with her
We then see Ms. O be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters and Donkey.

Back at the precinct, The Odd Squad agents all celebrate Ms. O's inclusion in the roster, when suddenly, all the computers and screens in the base then start to flicker purple and in the screens appears a familiar green dude with greedy motives.

Hacker: Mwahahahaha! Just when you ODD agents thought you had your good time, my takeover of this system will begin soon, and there's NOTHING you can do about it!

Ms. O: Uh oh! Looks like we have an ODDER case to solve!

Ms. O and the agents prepare to deal with Hacker.

Announcer Bunny: Well, it seems a rule has been broken! Our first and only character that was a character who appeared in the background of a stage has become a fighter, making her a special case! The super intelligent and leader of the Odd Squad, Ms. O joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our final free bonus DLC character! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring him coming out right after the showcase.

This trailer introduces:

For this trailer, I was trying to go for a visual novel-style approach for it (DDLC in particular, but I'm not going into too much detail here for reasons), with the Odd Squad cast as .chr files and the still backgrounds and text boxes and stuff. Any future reveal trailers for characters written by me will have the styles of other game genres.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so it seems Donkey and Ms. O will be joining the lineup of opponents for Dash's Brawltime Party Finale, the Theodore Tugboat stage where you fight on Theodore himself will remain event mode exclusive and I have decided Pop's events for Ms. O and Lamb Chop and my events for the Tortuga HQ and the Founder's Fountain stage will be the events for Ms. O. I felt Pop's event ideas for Ms. O and Lamb Chop just felt more better and complex, thus making them feel more like DLC events.

Based on the poll, I believe there was a tie between a new game mode and a quality of life addition to be added to PBS Kids: Brawltime! so why don't we add both?

Onto the next two jobs and a side job:

Job 196:

Submit a new game mode idea to come with the Ms. O update.

Job 197:

Submit a quality-of-life addition you want with the PBS Kids: Brawltime! update that comes with Donkey. It has to be some small minor change that enhances the game but does not affect the game's core gameplay.

Side job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Ms. O. Get submitting and use your imagination!

New game mode idea:

Resubmitting Fitness Fun

Inspired by Dash's love of fitness, this mode will involve you playing as a fighter doing exercises aka other ways of brawling. This is PBS Kids: Brawltime's equivalent of a Stadium Mode.

There are three modes:

Green Circle Tag: The Target Test equivalent, each fighter gets their own unique stage based on their strengths (just like how the Target Test stages were designed in Super Smash Bros Melee) chasing green circles akin to the PBS Kids logo with the fighter's face on it.

Anomaly Melee: The Multi-Man Melee equivalent where you fight multiple dark fighters from the Anomaly's forces. There's 100 Man Anomaly, Endless Anomaly and Cruel Anomaly

Mad Carnival Dash: As the fighter, you will run through the carnival shown in the PBS Kids Jack-in-the-Box ID as fast as you can for 10 seconds. This is the equivalent to Home Run Contest.

I guess fixing buggy moves and such. I can't really think of anything for this one to be honest.

Ms O. Reveal Trailer:

Invasion of the Brawltime Party!

Before the trailer would commence with Announcer Bunny appearing, there would be sort of a mini montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters and Donkey by it.

Then, we see Announncer Bunny pop out of his hat.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to our nextDLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the last free bonus character you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies!

Announcer Bunny: Uh oh! That sounds like there's trouble! Let's see what's happening right now with our fighters!

We then cut to gameplay footage of Ord and Digit teaming up against Hacker fighting him on the Precinct 13579 stage. Then, it cuts to some animated footage after Hacker gets badly beaten.

Hacker: URRGHHHH! It's time for my plan to infiltrate this base!

Digit then looks at Ord concerned.

Digit: We gotta do something about this, big guy! Hacker is about to use his secret duplication code.

Ord nods and is shivering.

Ord: I'm just a little....

Then, all of the sudden....

View attachment 364936

Otto: Hey! What's all this ruckus about?

Olive: We keep seeing these intruders everywhere!

Olympia: And, we didn't do anything about them!

Ms. O: Well, that's very ODD! You three come with me!

Ord, Digit and Hacker nod nervously.

Ms. O: So, tell me how you three got into the base?

Ord: Well, um, I've heard our friends from this Brawltime party got to go to some other worlds where we knew no one.

Digit: Yeah, we have proof of this. The Didge is always prepared.

Hacker: Maybe if so, I was close to-

Ms. O: So...you three weren't the first fighters here that invaded our base? How did this come to be such an ODD case?

Ord, Digit and Hacker shrug at one another.

Olaf: Boss! We recieved a special green envelope!

Everyone looks and Ord recognizes it.

Ord: HEY! It's that invite Barney gave me to that Brawltime party!

Digit: It seems....

The letter says (it is read in Dash's voice):

Dear Ms. O,

From,

Dash

Hacker: So, that Earthling is going to join that...

Ms. O: Well, agents, on to our next mission, the Brawltime Party!

All the agents salute, even Ord and Digit go in.

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see Ms. O in the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Ord, Digit and Hacker while there is a new remixed version of the Odd Squad theme song with some bits of the credits theme added to it.

Then, we see Ms. O use the Clone-inator Item on Cyberspace fighting against Hacker, the Clone-inator is a new item that will come with her.

Hacker: AAAGH! I shall never be beaten by that tiny Earthling!

Finally, we see her take out Hacker in a battle against the duplicate Hackers showcasing off a preview of her event. Then, as the Odd Squad theme ends, we see Ms. O be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters and Donkey.

Then, it cuts to a scene of Ord, Dash, Digit, Ms. O and the Odd Squad all eating pizza.

Ord: You know, this pizza could use some Dragonberries on it?

Ord then looks at Digit and shrugs.

Dash: Well, I guess that was a bit ODD of us to come in here without permission!

Dash just eats his slice of pizza.

In Ms. O's DLC update showcase presentation:

Announcer Bunny appears again.

Announcer Bunny: Well, it seems a rule has been broken! Our first and only character that was a character who appeared in the background of a stage has become a fighter, making her a special case! The super intelligent and leader of the Odd Squad, Ms. O joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our final free bonus DLC character! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring her coming out right after the showcase.

This trailer introduces:

• One of the event matches Ms. O comes with being The Odd One Out
  • A preview of her Story Mode chapter
Notes:

• In the YouTube trailer version, the trailer will start with the "Ja-Na-na-Na, Doink, PBS Kids!" where the PBS Kids: Brawitime! logo appears with all 20 base roster characters and Donkey by the logo and it will cut right into the part where the alarm goes off and Announcer Bunny hides.
  • The Odd Squad characters' roles will be reprised by their respective actors.
This trailer was tough to write as once again, I have limited knowledge on Odd Squad but I had fun with this.

Bug fixes and general improvements to netplay and other crucial stuff

Ms O. Reveal Trailer:

An ODD turn of events!

We start off with a montage of the characters fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus Donkey.

We then see the Announcer bunny, though just as a still PNG file in front of a still background, and the things the characters are saying are only displayed as text in a box on the bottom of the screen.

Announcer Bunny: AAAAAAA-Nouncer Bunny here telling you to not switch off of this livestream! Welcome to our next DLC update showcase for PBS Kids: Brawltime! where we will showcase off the last free bonus character you will be getting along with other surprises and goodies!

Announcer Bunny: Uh oh! That sounds like there's something going on in a very ODD stage! Let's go and check what's going on in one of our stages!

Olympia: Well Oh my goodness! It looks like we have some ruckus going on in the precinct! How odd!

Ms. O: Hey! That's where I have seen all those random people all battle each other there!

Otis: Oh yeah, me too, there was this huge yellow bird and this purple dino and those two men in green and blue who could turn into animals.

Otto: Yeah, I don't see anything odd about that!

Ms. O: Well I disagree! Come on, let's go agents, maybe there's trouble brewing there!

Ms. O: Hmmm, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary right now....except this screen showing some battles going on!

Olive: Well, I didn't leave it on!

Ms. O: Hmmm, then it looks like the TV screen turned on itself somehow, that's ODD.

Ms. O: Wait a minute, how come I'm not here in this security footage? I'm usually there doing my everyday tasks, so why am I not here?

The Odd Squad agents all shrug.

Olaf: Boss! We received a special green envelope!

Dear Ms. O,

From,
Dash

Olympia: Ohhhhh, so maybe the reason you weren;t in that footage is probably because......

Ms. O: Well, agents, on to our next mission, the Brawltime Party! (This line is actually said in voice acting, as with the rest of the trailer)

All the agents salute

It then cuts to gameplay footage where we see Ms. O in the Precinct 13579 stage fighting against Ord, Xavier Riddle and the Kratt Bros. while there is a new remixed version of the Odd Squad theme song with some bits of the credits theme added to it.

Then, we see Ms. O use the Clone-inator Item on Cyberspace fighting against Donkey, the Clone-inator is a new item that will come with her.

Donkey: makes confused sounds

Tom: Odd, yeah....

We then see Ms. O be added to the PBS Kids: Brawtlime! logo with all the base roster characters and Donkey.

Back at the precinct, The Odd Squad agents all celebrate Ms. O's inclusion in the roster, when suddenly, all the computers and screens in the base then start to flicker purple and in the screens appears a familiar green dude with greedy motives.

Hacker: Mwahahahaha! Just when you ODD agents thought you had your good time, my takeover of this system will begin soon, and there's NOTHING you can do about it!

Ms. O: Uh oh! Looks like we have an ODDER case to solve!

Ms. O and the agents prepare to deal with Hacker.

Announcer Bunny: Well, it seems a rule has been broken! Our first and only character that was a character who appeared in the background of a stage has become a fighter, making her a special case! The super intelligent and leader of the Odd Squad, Ms. O joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our final free bonus DLC character! There will be a Meet the Fighters video featuring him coming out right after the showcase.

This trailer introduces:

For this trailer, I was trying to go for a visual novel-style approach for it (DDLC in particular, but I'm not going into too much detail here for reasons), with the Odd Squad cast as .chr files and the still backgrounds and text boxes and stuff. Any future reveal trailers for characters written by me will have the styles of other game genres.
Alright, Fitness Fun has been automatically added as a new mode. Both quality of life changes will be in effect as well. Now, we need to vote on a trailer reveal for Ms. O. Please vote down below in the Strawpoll after reading each one.

Ms. O Reveal Trailer Poll

I would also like to make a quick announcement regarding the next 2 weeks. Pop will be on a two week vacation starting on December 16th. Depending on the activity in this thread, we can continue through those two weeks without Pop's help. He will contribute when he feels like it in small doses but I will let him contribute when he wants to since I want him to relax.

We could just be like real life game development companies and close up shop for the holidays and let this thread go on a week hiatus or so after we potentially get done the first pack for the first Learner's Pass. But, now onward to our final job for the Ms. O update and discussion questions regarding the bonus characters and regarding the Learning Pass DLC.

Job 198:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Ms. O update. I feel we should add another Odd Squad episode, another Thomas and Friends episode for the Sir Topham Hatt assist (make it a CGI era episode so from Season 13-20 ish), an episode from Lamb Chop's Play Along for the Lamb Chop assist, etc.

Discussion Questions:

1. What is your opinion on the two bonus characters, Donkey and Ms. O?

2. What should the newcomer prompts be for the Learner's Pass DLC? Like, what jobs do you want to see for the new DLC newcomers?

3. Should we have guest characters as DLC? If yes, how many per pass? Also, what kind of newcomer prompts for guest characters should we have?

4. If we do add guest characters, do you think the content that comes in their pass should be higher due to them being a more special occassion per say?

5. For fun, how do you think the trailers should be for each newcomer for the Learner's Pass? Do you think they should be shown via a livestream revealing the updates, shown off at various platform fighter events that are running the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Circuit, etc.

Quick reminder:

Each Learner's Pass will consist of 7 fighters. We will have two Learner's Passes making our final total of fighters a whopping total of 36!! Please keep that in mind.

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Odd Squad:

Odd Beginnings: Part 1 and 2

A two-parter but we get to see Ms. O move up the ranks in the Odd Squad. Any episode focusing on Ms. O works here.

Thomas and Friends:

Finders Keepers (Lost Property/Henry Spots Trouble)

I liked Lost Property as a Season 19 episode but Henry Spots Trouble...not so much. Both episodes have funny moments with Sir Topham Hatt so it works.

Lamb Chop's Play Along:

Lamb Chop Works Out

Any episode works but this episode stars Charlie Horse who also got his own show later on called "Charlie Horse's Music Pizzeria"

Wild Kratts:

Panda Power Up!

An episode relating to the event match based on Tortuga HQ where Zach Varmitech makes robots out of animals...in this case, stuffed animals.

Hero Elementary:

All Over The Map/Lights Go Down in Citytown

Mostly for the first episode but the episode that inspired the Hero Elementary event that took place in the Founder's Fountain stage.

And as a bonus...

Sesame Street:

Episode 3525

The episode where Big Bird met Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop!

Discussion Questions:

1. Personally, I love both our picks for bonus characters. It's funny how the two characters contrast as one of them is a side character from an obscure British children's show, the other is a female lead from a modern PBS Kids show. I feel Donkey was a great choice for a bonus character more than someone like Caillou to be fair. Donkey just feels so out there. Ms. O though was a great choice as she feels like she could have a fun moveset which Pop did a great job with.

2. For the Learner's Pass Newcomer Prompts that I want to see:

• Submit a character from a show that is not represented in the game that most people would be surprised that the show was not represented at all. (Characters from shows like Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, WordWorld, etc.) It could be a fun way to kick off the DLC and get a major franchise in the game.
  • Submit a character from a show that was distributed by American Public Television. (Loonette from Big Comfy Couch, Zula Patrol, Little Amadeus, etc.) Another side of PBS we barely represented in this game aside from Anne Shirley as an assist. It can be proven to be a fun job for obscure characters.
  • Submit a character from a show that debuted in the PTV Park era or during the NET era (Basically, any 70s Electric Company rep, Ghostwriter, etc.)
  • Submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. (This can be any character from Work It Out, Wombats!, Mashopolis, Rosie's Rules, etc.) Basically, a promotional rep. Not everyone likes this, but something for the kiddos.
  • Submit an assist to be promoted. Another one-time rule being broken, I feel this job can start the second season of DLC for the second Learner's Pass.
  • Submit a character from a show that only had one season. Basically, a round for obscure favorites.
  • Submit a character that debuted from a book that got a PBS Kids show. Surprised we didn't do this kind of prompt for the base roster characters.
  • Submit a character from a show that covers an education subject not covered by a fighter on the roster.
  • Submit a female character. We're still lacking in them.
  • Submit a character from a series with minor representation in the game (Super Why, Liberty's Kids, etc.) More fan-favorite series getting more content that they deserve.
  • Submit a character from a 2010-present PBS Kids show. We did this prompt already but we need more modern reps.
  • Submit characters that can work as a tag team/trio fighter. This could provide some creativity.
That's all I have for now but we can come up with more prompts later.

3. I feel we should have guest characters but only one per Learner's Pass so they do not take up the PBS Kids character's thunder. So, in total, there would be two guest characters. They both can probably come at the end of each pass potentially. I don't want guest characters to take up the roster. Personally, the newcomer prompts for the guest characters should be:

• Submit a character from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids (Someone like Chica, Star, Kipper the Dog, etc.) PBS Kids Sprout was initally a spinoff of PBS Kids before the PBS branding got removed so technically it's a part of PBS Kids history. We can even throw in some other characters that had shows on Sprout as assists and the liking. Plus, a good chunk of the shows that aired there initally came from PBS Kids but the bulk of the shows from PBS Kids were shows either made by HiT Entertainment or Seasme Workshop.
  • Submit a character from a Learning Company franchise (Reader Rabbit, a Cluefinders Members, Zoombinis, etc.) Learning Company distributed some PBS Kids games such as Cyberchase: Castleblanca Quest, Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Sky Heroes to The Rescue, etc. Technically, a character representing another edutainment product.
I feel the idea Pop had for character from other kids media that could make a good PBS Kids show can provide some creative ideas but we can vote on that later.

A character from the PBS Adult Block is a no but honestly, I have an idea for a stage from one show from the adult block that can work. Also, other kids show characters from kids shows that aired on other networks is a flat out NO. This is not the edutainment Smash Brothers, this is a game celebrating PBS Kids's history as a network.

There's also characters like Bob and Larry from Veggietales, Snoopy from Peanuts, etc. who had their shows aired on PBS Kids like once so that's a maybe but I'm leaning towards no.

4. I feel if we were to have guest characters, the content should be upped. Heck, we can throw in maybe...5-ish assists, maybe even 6 stages if we wanna get super creative, more event matches, two story mode chapters, etc. It's an once-per-pass occassion so we might as well go big or go home.

5. I feel the reveal trailers should be a mix of traditional PBS Kids show episodes and banter and I like Pop's ideas of the trailers referencing different game genres. I have some reveal trailer ideas in mind for certain characters if they join. Heck, some trailers can be continuations of prior newcomer trailers. The trailers should be revealed at both game events, various majors that are running the PBS Kids: Brawltime Circuit, as a livestream on YouTube, etc.

I do feel the first DLC newcomer should be revealed at a game event of some form so that way more exposure for this game for sure. Imagine people screaming when Bob the Builder or even The Cat in The Hat joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! and the reaction videos on YouTube.

Also, I feel there should be a roadmap for DLC so people know when to expect more news to happen so they are not impatient.

That's all I have to say for these discussion questions I posed. I would love to hear everyone's input for sure.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My PBS Kids Archive Episodes:

Odd Squad:
Double Trouble

Just an Odd Squad episode that features Debbie. Also, it's just a funny episode altogether.

Thomas and Friends:
Tis the Season to Be Jolly (Diesal's Ghostly Christmas)

As it's close to the holidays, this episode seems like a good fit. Plus, aside from being a fun parody of A Christmas Carol, It shows one of the series' characters, Diesal, learning some serious lessons on how to be a good engine.

Lamb Chop's Play Along:
The Planet Yzarc

Just a fun space-themed episode

I think the rest that AlteredBeast submitted are perfect enough for me.

In terms of the questions:

1. I'm totally satisfied with both of them, Donkey was a really unexpected and far-out-there pick that was fun to work with, and I really like the Odd Squad, it's actually kind of a cute show.

2. Frankly, All I was thinking for this one is just job prompts to get characters from the "missing" PBS Kids franchises, like why were they not represented in the first place? (Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, Splash and Bubbles, etc.)

Aside from that, the job prompts listed below that AlteredBeast suggested are the ones I agree with the most

• Submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. (This can be any character from Work It Out, Wombats!, Mashopolis, Rosie's Rules, etc.). This is mostly due to a case where "If I had to put my money where my mouth is" kind of thing and being realistic with my predictions.
  • Submit a character that debuted from a book that got a PBS Kids show. That would be really fun.
  • Submit a female character. There's not many at the moment indeed.
  • Submit a character from a series with minor representation in the game (Super Why, Liberty's Kids, etc.). I feel some of them do deserve a fighter at this point.
  • Submit a character from a 2010-present PBS Kids show. We need more modern reps.

3. A few guest stars are ok!, but maybe only one per Learner's Pass. We can do prompts based around PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids and the Learning Company, since they all had ties with PBS Kids' history, as AlteredBeast pointed out.

4. Tough to say, but a few assists, items and other stuff from their franchises are fine, just as long as they're not too oversaturated.

5. I think AlteredBeast nailed everything for this one for me.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will leave open discussion about the Learner's Pass DLC as well as the PBS Kids Archives episodes open until some point tomorrow but overall, I feel that the first Learner's Pass DLC prompt should be the "Submit a character from a show that is not represented in the game that most people would be surprised that the show was not represented at all. (Characters from shows like Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, WordWorld, etc.)" prompt. A great way to get people hyped.

Also, I feel for the Learner's Pass DLC, each character should have some sort of special characteristic about them ala a hook, quirk, etc. I got this idea from the Super Mario Smash Bros thread that was created and led by Wa3 so I give him credit for this idea. Basically, each fighter should have something that makes them special than the rest of the fighters we have so far. It can be a specific gameplay gimmick, some sort of cool Easter egg/something about their appearance, a moveset, gimmick, etc. Something to make the DLC every bang for your buck!

But, now, I think it's time for a Meet the Fighters script starring our friend and first bonus fighter, Donkey!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters: Introducing Donkey!

The PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo pops up with all the base roster characters and Donkey on it.

It now cuts to gameplay footage of Donkey and Dash idling on the Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Meet the Fighters videos. In this series, we will be covering all the fighters in this game, talking about their moveset, stage, their history as well as other content about the character. Today, we have the first bonus fighter being the lovable equine and friend of the tot trio, Donkey!

Cuts to footage of Donkey gameplay while narrator explains Donkey's play style.

Donkey is a heavyweight who is also a quadrupedal, who's weight is similar to Marvin's. He has super strong attacks similar to how donkeys are super strong animals. However, he can easily be comboed due to him being heavy and his moves have a bit of startup lag. Alongside this, Donkey does not have the best aerial mobility due to being a land mammal. But, he makes up for this with super fast ground speed and for good damage he will give his opponents!

It then cuts to footage slowly showcasing Donkey's rage gimmick.

While Donkey's moveset is primarily revolved around typical donkey behavior as well as some references to Tots TV, he will occassionally swivel his ears around when he has less stocks or have higher percentages than his opponent(s) similar to how donkeys show fear and aggression by swiveling their ears. Think of this as Donkey being scared about losing a fight for his three friends, Tilly, Tom and Tiny!

Then, it cuts to some moves showcasing status effects.

Alongside this, some of his moves have effects on him or his opponent aside from being regular moves in a moveset.

Cuts to footage of Tots TV clips with Donkey in them.

Tots TV has been on PBS Kids from 1996 to 2002. In the United Kingdom however, this show debuted in 1993 predating 4 years before the debut of the Teletubbies. The show was about three ragdoll tots named Tilly, Tom and Tiny who would learn about various topics by exploring away from their secret house with their magic ba-

We then hear a "Shhhhh!" sound.

Tiny in his American voice: It's a secret!!!

Oh, sorry, Tiny. But, yes, believe it or not, in the American dub of Tots TV, Tiny was voiced by the former actor of Elmo himself, Kevin Clash. Alongside this, Tom was voiced by the same voice actor of Tinky Winky in the American dub being none other than Mark Heenehan! There's some PBS Kids connections right here! But, in terms of the role Donkey plays in the show, he always gets carrots from the tots and typically stays in his shed. He may not be a part of the trio of tots but he has won our hearts and their hearts being the lovely donkey he is.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Donkey and Dash idling on the Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage.

Now, let's go over Donkey's moveset. First, let us go over his light moves.

His Light Neutral is "Donkey Lick".

Donkey does the move.

Donkey simply licks his opponent as if he were showing appreciation for him. However, the lick will cause his opponent to be stunned for a brief second. The stronger variant causes Donkey to lick more aggressively causing the opponent to stay stunned for a bit longer.

His Light Up is "Chow Time!".

Donkey does the move.

Donkey will simply eat food provided to him from the tots on a cart having a decently-sized hitbox upward. The stronger variant causes him to eat the donkey chow more aggressively causing more damage.

His Light Down is "Squashed Donkey."

Donkey does the move.

It seems Donkey squashed the clay replica Tilly made of him for him! For this move, Donkey will simply place down the squashed donkey in his mouth on the ground. The stronger variant causes him to place down the squashed donkey and has a very tiny spikebox.

Now, onward to Donkey's specials.

His Neutral Special is "Donkey Buckaroo Kick"

Donkey does the move.

When pressing the special, Donkey will jump, do a backflip, and use his hind legs to pull a buckaroo and perform a super-strong kick forward with tremendous damage and knockback before getting back on his legs.

His Up Special is "Come Along, Our Friend Donkey!"

Donkey does the move.

In this move, Donkey will pulled upward by the three tots albeit it being more of a recovery to the side then up. Anyone in the way of the recovery will get damage. However, this move does not have much height to it but it has a strange movement pattern.

His Down Special is "Carrots for Donkey."

Donkey does the move.

This is another food based move. However, one of the tots will appear with carrots for Donkey to eat causing him to recover a small percentage of his health! This move will not damage any opponent and just be a recovery based move.

It now cuts back again to gameplay footage of Donkey and Dash idling on the Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage.

Now, that we covered his moveset, here is his taunt.

Donkey does his taunt.

It seems Donkey gets all the care he needs from Tom! Now, let's take a look at his alternate costumes.

We see a red, blue, green and yellow Donkey.

Donkey's alternate costumes are simply recolors of him in red, blue, green and yellow. The red, blue and green represent the colors of the three ragdoll tots trio, Tilly, Tom and Tiny. The yellow costume however, is a reference to the dog the tots own named Furryboo.

Finally, we will take a look at Donkey's home stage which is none other than the Secret House and Donkey's Shed itself.

It cuts to footage with Donkey and Dash idling while the stage showcases off the Secret House.

This stage has walkoffs where you fight in front of the secret residence of Tilly, Tom and Tiny. I guess the residence is not so secret ever since their Magic Bag snuck off to the Brawltime Party as an item! Compared to the EekoHouse stage, it is way more expansive and you don't move anywhere. You can also fight on the roof of the house.

We see Tiny open up a door and damage Dash.

Occasionally, Tilly, Tom or Tiny will open the door and/or windows to the house or the window to Donkey's shed. If you are in the way, you will get 10% damage added so watch out.

It now cuts back one final time to gameplay footage of Donkey and Dash idling on the Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage.

Now that we have covered everything, let's see the lovable equine, Donkey himself in action while the tots help him win the fight.

It then cuts to the Donkey vs Dash pre-battle screen. Then, it cuts to the battle showcasing the Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage and footage of Donkey in action. Donkey wins and it cuts to the victory screen with Donkey doing his victory animation and Dash clapping.

That is Donkey in action! We hope you enjoyed this video of the first bonus fighter being shown off and we hope you look forward to the other videos in the Meet the Fighters! series as well as additonal showcases for other DLC fighters as well for PBS Kids: Brawltime!!!

Video cuts to black screen with copyrights and all.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, Fitness Fun has been automatically added as a new mode. Both quality of life changes will be in effect as well. Now, we need to vote on a trailer reveal for Ms. O. Please vote down below in the Strawpoll after reading each one.

Ms. O Reveal Trailer Poll

I would also like to make a quick announcement regarding the next 2 weeks. Pop will be on a two week vacation starting on December 16th. Depending on the activity in this thread, we can continue through those two weeks without Pop's help. He will contribute when he feels like it in small doses but I will let him contribute when he wants to since I want him to relax.

We could just be like real life game development companies and close up shop for the holidays and let this thread go on a week hiatus or so after we potentially get done the first pack for the first Learner's Pass. But, now onward to our final job for the Ms. O update and discussion questions regarding the bonus characters and regarding the Learning Pass DLC.

Job 198:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Ms. O update. I feel we should add another Odd Squad episode, another Thomas and Friends episode for the Sir Topham Hatt assist (make it a CGI era episode so from Season 13-20 ish), an episode from Lamb Chop's Play Along for the Lamb Chop assist, etc.

Discussion Questions:

1. What is your opinion on the two bonus characters, Donkey and Ms. O?

2. What should the newcomer prompts be for the Learner's Pass DLC? Like, what jobs do you want to see for the new DLC newcomers?

3. Should we have guest characters as DLC? If yes, how many per pass? Also, what kind of newcomer prompts for guest characters should we have?

4. If we do add guest characters, do you think the content that comes in their pass should be higher due to them being a more special occassion per say?

5. For fun, how do you think the trailers should be for each newcomer for the Learner's Pass? Do you think they should be shown via a livestream revealing the updates, shown off at various platform fighter events that are running the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Circuit, etc.

Quick reminder:

Each Learner's Pass will consist of 7 fighters. We will have two Learner's Passes making our final total of fighters a whopping total of 36!! Please keep that in mind.

PBS Kids Archives Episodes:

Odd Squad:

Odd Beginnings: Part 1 and 2

A two-parter but we get to see Ms. O move up the ranks in the Odd Squad. Any episode focusing on Ms. O works here.

Thomas and Friends:

Finders Keepers (Lost Property/Henry Spots Trouble)

I liked Lost Property as a Season 19 episode but Henry Spots Trouble...not so much. Both episodes have funny moments with Sir Topham Hatt so it works.

Lamb Chop's Play Along:

Lamb Chop Works Out

Any episode works but this episode stars Charlie Horse who also got his own show later on called "Charlie Horse's Music Pizzeria"

Wild Kratts:

Panda Power Up!

An episode relating to the event match based on Tortuga HQ where Zach Varmitech makes robots out of animals...in this case, stuffed animals.

Hero Elementary:

All Over The Map/Lights Go Down in Citytown

Mostly for the first episode but the episode that inspired the Hero Elementary event that took place in the Founder's Fountain stage.

And as a bonus...

Sesame Street:

Episode 3525

The episode where Big Bird met Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop!

Discussion Questions:

1. Personally, I love both our picks for bonus characters. It's funny how the two characters contrast as one of them is a side character from an obscure British children's show, the other is a female lead from a modern PBS Kids show. I feel Donkey was a great choice for a bonus character more than someone like Caillou to be fair. Donkey just feels so out there. Ms. O though was a great choice as she feels like she could have a fun moveset which Pop did a great job with.

2. For the Learner's Pass Newcomer Prompts that I want to see:

• Submit a character from a show that is not represented in the game that most people would be surprised that the show was not represented at all. (Characters from shows like Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, WordWorld, etc.) It could be a fun way to kick off the DLC and get a major franchise in the game.
  • Submit a character from a show that was distributed by American Public Television. (Loonette from Big Comfy Couch, Zula Patrol, Little Amadeus, etc.) Another side of PBS we barely represented in this game aside from Anne Shirley as an assist. It can be proven to be a fun job for obscure characters.
  • Submit a character from a show that debuted in the PTV Park era or during the NET era (Basically, any 70s Electric Company rep, Ghostwriter, etc.)
  • Submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. (This can be any character from Work It Out, Wombats!, Mashopolis, Rosie's Rules, etc.) Basically, a promotional rep. Not everyone likes this, but something for the kiddos.
  • Submit an assist to be promoted. Another one-time rule being broken, I feel this job can start the second season of DLC for the second Learner's Pass.
  • Submit a character from a show that only had one season. Basically, a round for obscure favorites.
  • Submit a character that debuted from a book that got a PBS Kids show. Surprised we didn't do this kind of prompt for the base roster characters.
  • Submit a character from a show that covers an education subject not covered by a fighter on the roster.
  • Submit a female character. We're still lacking in them.
  • Submit a character from a series with minor representation in the game (Super Why, Liberty's Kids, etc.) More fan-favorite series getting more content that they deserve.
  • Submit a character from a 2010-present PBS Kids show. We did this prompt already but we need more modern reps.
  • Submit characters that can work as a tag team/trio fighter. This could provide some creativity.
That's all I have for now but we can come up with more prompts later.

3. I feel we should have guest characters but only one per Learner's Pass so they do not take up the PBS Kids character's thunder. So, in total, there would be two guest characters. They both can probably come at the end of each pass potentially. I don't want guest characters to take up the roster. Personally, the newcomer prompts for the guest characters should be:

• Submit a character from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids (Someone like Chica, Star, Kipper the Dog, etc.) PBS Kids Sprout was initally a spinoff of PBS Kids before the PBS branding got removed so technically it's a part of PBS Kids history. We can even throw in some other characters that had shows on Sprout as assists and the liking. Plus, a good chunk of the shows that aired there initally came from PBS Kids but the bulk of the shows from PBS Kids were shows either made by HiT Entertainment or Seasme Workshop.
  • Submit a character from a Learning Company franchise (Reader Rabbit, a Cluefinders Members, Zoombinis, etc.) Learning Company distributed some PBS Kids games such as Cyberchase: Castleblanca Quest, Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Sky Heroes to The Rescue, etc. Technically, a character representing another edutainment product.
I feel the idea Pop had for character from other kids media that could make a good PBS Kids show can provide some creative ideas but we can vote on that later.

A character from the PBS Adult Block is a no but honestly, I have an idea for a stage from one show from the adult block that can work. Also, other kids show characters from kids shows that aired on other networks is a flat out NO. This is not the edutainment Smash Brothers, this is a game celebrating PBS Kids's history as a network.

There's also characters like Bob and Larry from Veggietales, Snoopy from Peanuts, etc. who had their shows aired on PBS Kids like once so that's a maybe but I'm leaning towards no.

4. I feel if we were to have guest characters, the content should be upped. Heck, we can throw in maybe...5-ish assists, maybe even 6 stages if we wanna get super creative, more event matches, two story mode chapters, etc. It's an once-per-pass occassion so we might as well go big or go home.

5. I feel the reveal trailers should be a mix of traditional PBS Kids show episodes and banter and I like Pop's ideas of the trailers referencing different game genres. I have some reveal trailer ideas in mind for certain characters if they join. Heck, some trailers can be continuations of prior newcomer trailers. The trailers should be revealed at both game events, various majors that are running the PBS Kids: Brawltime Circuit, as a livestream on YouTube, etc.

I do feel the first DLC newcomer should be revealed at a game event of some form so that way more exposure for this game for sure. Imagine people screaming when Bob the Builder or even The Cat in The Hat joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! and the reaction videos on YouTube.

Also, I feel there should be a roadmap for DLC so people know when to expect more news to happen so they are not impatient.

That's all I have to say for these discussion questions I posed. I would love to hear everyone's input for sure.
My PBS Kids Archive Episodes:

Odd Squad:
Double Trouble

Just an Odd Squad episode that features Debbie. Also, it's just a funny episode altogether.

Thomas and Friends:
Tis the Season to Be Jolly (Diesel's Ghostly Christmas)

As it's close to the holidays, this episode seems like a good fit. Plus, aside from being a fun parody of A Christmas Carol, It shows one of the series' characters, Diesal, learning some serious lessons on how to be a good engine.

Lamb Chop's Play Along:
The Planet Yzarc

Just a fun space-themed episode

I think the rest that AlteredBeast submitted are perfect enough for me.

In terms of the questions:

1. I'm totally satisfied with both of them, Donkey was a really unexpected and far-out-there pick that was fun to work with, and I really like the Odd Squad, it's actually kind of a cute show.

2. Frankly, All I was thinking for this one is just job prompts to get characters from the "missing" PBS Kids franchises, like why were they not represented in the first place? (Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, Splash and Bubbles, etc.)

Aside from that, the job prompts listed below that AlteredBeast suggested are the ones I agree with the most

• Submit a character from a show that will be debuting on PBS Kids in the future or recently debuted. (This can be any character from Work It Out, Wombats!, Mashopolis, Rosie's Rules, etc.). This is mostly due to a case where "If I had to put my money where my mouth is" kind of thing and being realistic with my predictions.
  • Submit a character that debuted from a book that got a PBS Kids show. That would be really fun.
  • Submit a female character. There's not many at the moment indeed.
  • Submit a character from a series with minor representation in the game (Super Why, Liberty's Kids, etc.). I feel some of them do deserve a fighter at this point.
  • Submit a character from a 2010-present PBS Kids show. We need more modern reps.

3. A few guest stars are ok!, but maybe only one per Learner's Pass. We can do prompts based around PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids and the Learning Company, since they all had ties with PBS Kids' history, as AlteredBeast pointed out.

4. Tough to say, but a few assists, items and other stuff from their franchises are fine, just as long as they're not too oversaturated.

5. I think AlteredBeast nailed everything for this one for me.
Alright, I will close the PBS Kids Archives episode job for now. Please vote on what Odd Squad, Thomas and Friends and Lamb Chop's Play Along episode you want added. Also, Pop's trailer for Ms. O got in as the official trailer so congrats to him!

Odd Squad Episode Poll
Odd Beginnings: Part 1 and 2 AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Double Trouble PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Thomas and Friends Episode Poll
Finders Keepers (Lost Property/Henry Spots Trouble) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tis the Season to Be Jolly (Diesel's Ghostly Christmas) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Lamb Chop's Play Along Episode Poll
Lamb Chop Works Out AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Planet Yzarc PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Going off of this, this thread will be going on a two-week hiatus for the main jobs. Me and Pop have ultimately came to that conclusion as I want Pop to enjoy his vacation and I feel we all deserve a well-earned rest from developing this game! The side job of writing the remaining Meet the Fighters! video scripts as well as any sort of video presentation scripts are still open for anyone if you want to write them!

But, until then, happy holidays and we hope you all enjoy the New Year! See you all back around New Year's Eve/New Year's Day or the new year! And, once again, thank you to everyone who contributed and thought up of ideas for PBS Kids: Brawltime! You all are truly amazing!

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
wipes off snow off the thread

Ah, well, I guess activity on this thread can resume the next day I guess.......I'm back

Now, I'm waiting for AlteredBeast AlteredBeast to catch up with me here

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, we are back from break everyone! I know no one voted in the Strawpoll but since I am the only one that voted on the PBS Kids Archives episodes, it seems that Pop's episode for Odd Squad and my episodes for Thomas and Friends and Lamb Chop's Play Along will be joining the archives for the Ms. O update! Now, whenever Pop is ready, it's time to begin our first newcomer job for the first Learner's Pass! Time for the paid DLC!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, it's been a long time since I've done something like this, but here goes......

Job #199: For the first fighter of the Learner's Pass Vol. 1 as well as the VERY FIRST paid DLC fighter, submit a character from a PBS Kids franchise that is not currently represented in the game yet! Basically, think of this like "Why wasn't that PBS Kids franchise represented in the first place?" Like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Buddy (Dinosaur Train)
1672788655596.png

I'm pleasantly surprised why Dinosaur Train isn't represented in the first place (As well as some other Jim Henson-related PBS Kids properties, like Splash and Bubbles). Buddy is a kid-T-rex adopted into a pterosaur family who boards the Dinosaur Train to explore his time period and learn stuff about dinosaurs on the way. Interesting fact is that Dinosaur Train was created by the same guy who created Hey Arnold!, Craig Bartlett.

I just think it's baffling why Dinosaur Train isn't represented the first place as it's a cute and really charming show, and the fact that Buddy is a kid T-rex adopted to a Pterosaur family just makes it all the more cuter to me

I always imagined his playstyle as the Yoshi of this game, being a floaty-lightweight speedster with fast rushdown attacks.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Well, it's been a long time since I've done something like this, but here goes......

Job #199: For the first fighter of the Learner's Pass Vol. 1 as well as the VERY FIRST paid DLC fighter, submit a character from a PBS Kids franchise that is not currently represented in the game yet! Basically, think of this like "Why wasn't that PBS Kids franchise represented in the first place?" Like before, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission:
Buddy (Dinosaur Train)
View attachment 365992

I'm pleasantly surprised why Dinosaur Train isn't represented in the first place (As well as some other Jim Henson-related PBS Kids properties, like Splash and Bubbles). Buddy is a kid-T-rex adopted into a pterosaur family who boards the Dinosaur Train to explore his time period and learn stuff about dinosaurs on the way. Interesting fact is that Dinosaur Train was created by the same guy who created Hey Arnold!, Craig Bartlett.

I just think it's baffling why Dinosaur Train isn't represented the first place as it's a cute and really charming show, and the fact that Buddy is a kid T-rex adopted to a Pterosaur family just makes it all the more cuter to me

I always imagined his playstyle as the Yoshi of this game, being a floaty-lightweight speedster with fast rushdown attacks.
Also, for your submissions, please state your character's hook, quirk, gimmick, etc. clearly. It can be a gimmick, theme to the moveset, unique feature about them, etc.

Alright, time for my submission:

Job 199

Bob the Builder

Bob_the_builder.jpg

Can we break the meta? Yes. We. Can!!!!! This is probably one of the biggest IPs that we missed out on representing in PBS Kids: Brawltime! and one that players might question this show's absence from the game in terms of content in the base game. Fear not, DLC is the second chance for these iconic IPs!

Bob the Builder is a wildly iconic British children's TV show that first aired in the UK on CBBC in 1999. Initally, there was a pilot made for the show in 1997 that was pitched to HiT Entertainment. You can now view it on YouTube as the pilot itself was discovered in December of 2020. Two years after the show premiered in the UK, it came to the United States first on Nick Jr in 2001. The show aired there for 2ish years. Then, it became relegated to home video from 2003 to 2004. However, the series came to PBS at some point in 2005 with Season 7 of the original series being the first Bob the Builder series to air on the network. Since then, the other model series Bob the Builder: Project Build It also premiered in 2005 and finished its course in 2009.

Like the other HiT Entertainment shows such as Thomas and Friends, Angelina Ballerina and Fireman Sam, Bob got the CGI treatment in Bob the Builder: Ready, Steady, Build! which had episodes from 2010 to 2011. The show took a hiatus from 4 years and then got a full on reboot in 2015. This reboot....was not recieved well as Bob looks....ugly to say the least as well as Wendy and even the machines looking bad. The reboot aired from 2015 to 2018. Ever since 2019, the franchise is on hiatus. However, it is worth noting this franchise has spawned LOADS of merchandise from toys to video games to books. Heck, it even recieved a live musical show that toured around the world. Bob is super iconic.

As for the builder himself, Bob can simply be defined as the can-do man who gets the job done with his team. He's worked in many locations from his hometwon of Bobsville to Sunflower Valley to Fixham Harbor and to Spring City. While I know we got Donkey from Tots TV as a bonus fighter, we still need more international TV characters on the roster as those shows made a chunk of PBS Kids's broadcasting library. Plus, I feel someone as super iconic as Bob the Builder would bring a LOT of hype due to the game because most of us grew up with him. Be prepared for the Bob the Builder is the new Steve (he won't be, trust me).

Now, for his gimmick/quirk ideas. I have a few we can have.

1. Building materials/tools, they have durability like Steve's. Alongside this, Bob will get a Monado Arts-esque gimmick that allows him to excel at using one tool to get the job done. So basically, he would be the Shulk/UMvC3 Dante of this game.

2. His team as Monado Arts. The original 5 machines can be summoned and help Bob for a little.

Overall, Bob is a really iconic character and thus should join PBS Kids: Brawltime! There's lots of content that can be used for assists, stages, items, etc. I even have a reveal trailer idea for him as well. My brother used to love this show and so did I so Bob would be a nostalgic and yet fun pick all around.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I feel the newcomer job will be left open till probably Friday to get more submissions. For some suggestions about who to submit, here are some ideas for major PBS Kids shows that are not represented at all yet in PBS Kids: Brawltime!:

• Any WordWorld character
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • The Electric Company
  • Let's Go Luna!
  • Splash and Bubbles
  • The Cat in The Hat Knows A Lot About That
You can choose a character from these shows to be the reepresentative for the show as your nomination. So, go out there, do some research, and use your imagination! We are looking forward to your submissions!

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Rookie
Splash and Bubbles

Those two fish may look like they come from a generic aquarium CGI animated movie, but in reality, Splash and Bubbles is really charming and fun for the most part.

How can they move around, you may ask?, well, I have some ideas:
  • Whenever they are in the battle, the whole stage becomes an underwater area, like the Finding Nemo characters in Disney Infinity
  • Place them in a rolling glass ball thing like I Am Fish
  • GLASS BOWL MECH (Ok, that was stupid lol)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Luna (Let's Go Luna)

Since we had Rocko as DLC for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, we need another Joe Murray created character as a DLC fighter too!
Splash and Bubbles

Those two fish may look like they come from a generic aquarium CGI animated movie, but in reality, Splash and Bubbles is really charming and fun for the most part.

• Whenever they are in the battle, the whole stage becomes an underwater area, like the Finding Nemo characters in Disney Infinity
Even though you guys didn't really describe them fully as I said, like their gimmicks and quirks and whatnot, I still appreciate what you guys have, and I like both shows! ^^

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

My submission:
Buddy (Dinosaur Train)
View attachment 365992

Also, for your submissions, please state your character's hook, quirk, gimmick, etc. clearly. It can be a gimmick, theme to the moveset, unique feature about them, etc.

Alright, time for my submission:

Job 199

Bob the Builder

View attachment 365997

Can we break the meta? Yes. We. Can!!!!! This is probably one of the biggest IPs that we missed out on representing in PBS Kids: Brawltime! and one that players might question this show's absence from the game in terms of content in the base game. Fear not, DLC is the second chance for these iconic IPs!

Bob the Builder is a wildly iconic British children's TV show that first aired in the UK on CBBC in 1999. Initally, there was a pilot made for the show in 1997 that was pitched to HiT Entertainment. You can now view it on YouTube as the pilot itself was discovered in December of 2020. Two years after the show premiered in the UK, it came to the United States first on Nick Jr in 2001. The show aired there for 2ish years. Then, it became relegated to home video from 2003 to 2004. However, the series came to PBS at some point in 2005 with Season 7 of the original series being the first Bob the Builder series to air on the network. Since then, the other model series Bob the Builder: Project Build It also premiered in 2005 and finished its course in 2009.

Like the other HiT Entertainment shows such as Thomas and Friends, Angelina Ballerina and Fireman Sam, Bob got the CGI treatment in Bob the Builder: Ready, Steady, Build! which had episodes from 2010 to 2011. The show took a hiatus from 4 years and then got a full on reboot in 2015. This reboot....was not recieved well as Bob looks....ugly to say the least as well as Wendy and even the machines looking bad. The reboot aired from 2015 to 2018. Ever since 2019, the franchise is on hiatus. However, it is worth noting this franchise has spawned LOADS of merchandise from toys to video games to books. Heck, it even recieved a live musical show that toured around the world. Bob is super iconic.

As for the builder himself, Bob can simply be defined as the can-do man who gets the job done with his team. He's worked in many locations from his hometwon of Bobsville to Sunflower Valley to Fixham Harbor and to Spring City. While I know we got Donkey from Tots TV as a bonus fighter, we still need more international TV characters on the roster as those shows made a chunk of PBS Kids's broadcasting library. Plus, I feel someone as super iconic as Bob the Builder would bring a LOT of hype due to the game because most of us grew up with him. Be prepared for the Bob the Builder is the new Steve (he won't be, trust me).

Now, for his gimmick/quirk ideas. I have a few we can have.

1. Building materials/tools, they have durability like Steve's. Alongside this, Bob will get a Monado Arts-esque gimmick that allows him to excel at using one tool to get the job done. So basically, he would be the Shulk/UMvC3 Dante of this game.

2. His team as Monado Arts. The original 5 machines can be summoned and help Bob for a little.

Overall, Bob is a really iconic character and thus should join PBS Kids: Brawltime! There's lots of content that can be used for assists, stages, items, etc. I even have a reveal trailer idea for him as well. My brother used to love this show and so did I so Bob would be a nostalgic and yet fun pick all around.
Luna (Let's Go Luna)

Since we had Rocko as DLC for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, we need another Joe Murray created character as a DLC fighter too!
Splash and Bubbles

Alright, I feel it has been way too long since this job was open. Thus, it is now time to close it. For future reference, please state clearly what your character's quirk would be. Otherwise, your submission will not be counted for.

Anywho, vote for your top 2 submissions but you can put your own in second:

Buddy (Dinosaur Train) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Quirk: Floaty-lightweight speedster with fast rushdown attacks.

Bob the Builder AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Quirk: Building materials/tools Monado Arts esque gimmick/Machines gimmick

Luna (Let's Go Luna!) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Quirk: To be determined

Splash and Bubbles IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Quirk: Either stage becomes underwater area/they move in rolling glass ball

Now, for the next two jobs, one main job and a surprise job:

Job 200:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the update for our first Learner's Pass fighter. Similar to the other jobs, make the prompt specific but leave room for creativity.

SPECIAL SIDE JOB:

As some of you are aware, PBS Kids: Brawltime! is running a competitive circuit across various platform fighter events! However, what is a competitive video game circuit without sponsors. Various companies that have sponsored PBS Kids programming have wanted to be a part of the circuit to put in more money towards prize pools. Not only that...they want to add content to the game as well but minorly. Choose a company that has been a proud sponsor/partner of PBS Kids in the past and explain the content that should come to the game from the brand. It could be something minor and such.

Get submitting and use your
imagination!

1. Luna (We need more female reps)
2. Bob the Builder (Self-vote but he is too iconic to leave out)

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items. Basically, the minorly represented shows.

PBS Kids Brawltime! Circult Sponsor:

LEGO Duplo

mqdefault.jpg

You may remember this child spinoff brand of LEGO sponsoring shows like Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. Thus, because of the development team here having a love of using our imaginations and the brand still existing, LEGO Duplo would be a perfect sponsor.

When the first Learner's Pass character comes out, there will be a stage variant of the Tower of Learning but made out of LEGOs. You can see the Duplo bunny hopping around in the background. Just a simple aesthetic change to celebrate the sponsor for the competitive circuit.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Bob the Builder (Too iconic and would be very fun)
2. Splash and Bubbles (We need to play as fish)

Stage job prompt:
Submit a stage based on a location that was only really present in a PBS Kids video game, a video game-only PBS Kids show location is what I mean.

Maruchan
1673236489932.png

I honestly just really love the fact that ramen companies sponsor gaming events, like Cup Noodles, but Maruchan has never before and a plat-fighter would be a good starting choice.

With their sponsorship, why not introduce a spicy ramen bowl item with both healing and fire-breathing properties?, and maybe even include some Maruchan-themed skins for certain fighters?

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
1. Bob the Builder
2. Buddy

Stage job prompt:
Submit a stage from any PBS Kids franchise represented with a fighter to receive a special 8-bit version that has custom 8-bit sounds and an 8-bit soundtrack

Juicy Juice

This juice company was such a longtime sponsor of the PBS Kids channel that many of those with fond memories of the channel remember them as a major sponsor fondly. The juice company even had tie-ins with other PBS Kids shows on their products too.

Why not introduce a juicy juice juice box item?, we can also include some special juice-themed alts for certain fighters

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Stage job prompt:
Submit a stage based on a location that was only really present in a PBS Kids video game, a video game-only PBS Kids show location is what I mean.

Maruchan
View attachment 366226

I honestly just really love the fact that ramen companies sponsor gaming events, like Cup Noodles, but Maruchan has never before and a plat-fighter would be a good starting choice.

With their sponsorship, why not introduce a spicy ramen bowl item with both healing and fire-breathing properties?, and maybe even include some Maruchan-themed skins for certain fighters?
I will allow Maruchan to be a contender for a sponsor even though I wanted to limit it to brands who have sponsored PBS Kids shows. But, I feel this would allow for more imagination.

1. Bob the Builder
2. Buddy

Stage job prompt:
Submit/choose an existing stage to receive a special 8-bit version that has custom 8-bit sounds and an 8-bit soundtrack

Melee it on me

Because why not?
Your stage prompt and sponsor will not be allowed since stage prompts are meant for new stages. Also, I feel a stage relating to the Smash community may have a little...controversy per say. Please stick to brands.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Rookie
1. Bob the Builder
2. Luna

I don't have a stage prompt at the moment, but I have a sponsor
Papa John's

As they've been to and sponsored many big and major Smash Bros Tourney venues last year, including Genesis, Smash Summit, CEO, Super Smash Con, Shine, Riptide, the Big House and Apex, it makes a lot of sense.

Content-wise, we can introduce a box of pizza item along with the iconic Papa John's pepperoncino that came with every pizza they made? We can also introduce special pizza-themed alts for certain fighters.

CoolCarrot23

Smash Rookie
I will allow Maruchan to be a contender for a sponsor even though I wanted to limit it to brands who have sponsored PBS Kids shows. But, I feel this would allow for more imagination.

Your stage prompt and sponsor will not be allowed since stage prompts are meant for new stages. Also, I feel a stage relating to the Smash community may have a little...controversy per say. Please stick to brands.
Eh, you're right, I changed my prompt and sponsor to be more appropriate, check it please

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, here are the results for who will be our first Learner's Pass DLC fighter!

Buddy: 2
Bob the Builder: 11
Luna: 3
Splash and Bubbles: 1

Well, by a landslide...Bob the Builder is ready to showcase off his building skills and get the job done as the first Learner's Pass fighter for Learner's Pass Volume 1 so congrats to me! Also, all our sponsors that we submitted will be added. Down below, I have a Strawpoll regarding if we should add more sponsors later on in the DLC cycle for more additional bonus sponsored content.

Future Sponsorships Job

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items. Basically, the minorly represented shows.

LEGO Duplo

View attachment 366221

You may remember this child spinoff brand of LEGO sponsoring shows like Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. Thus, because of the development team here having a love of using our imaginations and the brand still existing, LEGO Duplo would be a perfect sponsor.

When the first Learner's Pass character comes out, there will be a stage variant of the Tower of Learning but made out of LEGOs. You can see the Duplo bunny hopping around in the background. Just a simple aesthetic change to celebrate the sponsor for the competitive circuit.

Stage job prompt:

Maruchan
View attachment 366226

1. Bob the Builder
2. Buddy

Stage job prompt:
Submit a stage from any PBS Kids franchise represented with a fighter to receive a special 8-bit version that has custom 8-bit sounds and an 8-bit soundtrack

Juicy Juice

This juice company was such a longtime sponsor of the PBS Kids channel that many of those with fond memories of the channel remember them as a major sponsor fondly. The juice company even had tie-ins with other PBS Kids shows on their products too.

Why not introduce a juicy juice juice box item?, we can also include some special juice-themed alts for certain fighters
1. Bob the Builder
2. Luna

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage from a from a modern show on PBS Kids (somewhere between 2017-present).
Now...going from here, we need to now eliminate one stage job prompt from the list of stage job prompts submitted as Bob's update will come with four stages. Vote on the Strawpoll which stage prompt job we should NOT do. I like all of them but we just do not have room for all of them for Bob's pack.

Submit a stage from a PBS Kids show only represented via items. Basically, the minorly represented shows AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a stage based on a location that was only really present in a PBS Kids video game, a video game-only PBS Kids show location PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn
Submit a stage from any PBS Kids franchise represented with a fighter to receive a special 8-bit version that has custom 8-bit sounds and an 8-bit soundtrack CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23
Submit a stage from a from a modern show on PBS Kids (somewhere between 2017-present). MasterOfSimpsons180 MasterOfSimpsons180

Eliminate One Stage Prompt Poll

Now, for our next two jobs. We're going in a bit of a stranger order now.

Job 201:

Submit a home stage for Bob the Builder. Describe the stage's layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 202:

Submit a job prompt for an assist.

Job 203:

Submit a job prompt for an item. We will also do items for the sponsors potentially so do not submit job prompts based on them.

Home stage for Bob:

Bob's Yard (Bob the Builder)

ezgif-2-b78bc685ef.jpg

The home yard of Bob the Builder in the original Bob the Builder series would be the PERFECT homestage for Bob! Basically, it's another walkoff stage where there are platforms on Bob's house. You can see various Bob the Builder characters in the background like Wendy, Pillchard, Bird, etc.

Bob's team will be the hazards on the stage causing damage to the fighters, driving in and out of the stage.

Scoop will dump rocks occassionally causing damage and his buckets can be additional platforms. Muck will do something similar to Scoop although she will pick up the rocks Scoop dumps. Dizzy will dump cement and spin around causing some damage. Roley will roll on the concrete causing any fighter in his way to be "flattened". Finally, Lofty will come in and carry in a steel beam which can act as a temporary platform. The vehicles will appear in a random order every match, mixing up when the construction vehicles come in to do work! Overall, a fun stage representing Bob the Builder.

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist from another series that you are surprised that was not represented in the base game.

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item from a PBS Kids show represented in the game but is a show that first aired in another country or network.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My stage submission:
Bobsville Castle
1673480764652.png

Why not an obscure, one-episode-only location for Bob's home stage? Its layout can be similar to Princess Peach's Castle stage from Melee, except with the addition of the grounded portion on the bottom. You can see various Bob the Builder characters in the background like Wendy, Pillchard, Bird, etc.

The main vehicles can appear on this stage and they are the main hazards of the stage, with Scoop and Muck dumping rocks, Dizzy's cement, Lofty's crane serving as an extra platform and Roley who.....squashes others flat! Sometimes, parts of the castle will crumble if landed on for too much or take too much damage, but don't worry, can they fix it?.....Yes. It. Can! The castle structures will be rebuilt by the team shortly after breaking.

Assist Job Prompt:

Submit an assist that was exclusive to a video game for that PBS Kids Show.

Item Job Prompt:

Submit an item based on something that only appeared in a video game for a PBS Kids show. So essentially, submit a video game-only PBS Kids item

MasterOfSimpsons180

Smash Rookie
Assist Job Prompt:
Submit an assist that was from a series on PBS Kids that has already ended.

Item Job Prompt:
Submit an item that was from a live-action series on PBS Kids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom