• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I really like all the above event matches, but I do have an idea for one of my own:

Event #Extra0X: Ronald's PBS Cat-Astrophe
Event Description:
The PBS network if full of cute & cuddly felines! But, oddly, they've all started acting like Ronald's nemesis, Nature Cat, and they're disturbing his peace and quiet! Help him take care of these wannabe nature lovers so he can go back to napping, and planning his next epic dance party!
Player: Choice
Assist: Ronald
Stage: Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures (Backyard Area)
Opponent(s): 10x stronger Nature Cats (each one uses a different palette inspired by other PBS Kids cat characters: Gwendolyn [Nature Cat's sister], Sagwa, Cat [Peg + Cat], The Cat in the Hat, Henrietta Pussycat [Mister Rogers], Katerina Kittycat [Daniel Tiger], Gatita [Rosie's Rules], Kibbles [Lyla in the Loop], Gnocchi [Curious George], Milo), in a random order
Event objective: This is a simple but challenging no-frills event match in which you will face off against many buffed Nature Cats at once. Just know that the stage does not transition to other areas here, and that Ronald is a bit of a joke if his assist meter isn't full. Self-destructing or getting KOd will fail the event.
References: A reference to the fact that PBS Kids has quite a lot of feline characters, and Ronald's rivalry with Nature Cat. Also, one of Nature Cat's palettes resembles his sister, Gwendolyn, from The Return of Bad Dog Bart.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Event #Extra04: It's Time to Ketchup With You!
Event description:
It's time for Animal Town's Town Picnic and Ari is getting impatient for Ms. Llama's ketchup. It seems the ketchup got all goopy so it cannot leave the bottle so fast. Perhaps you can find water to make the ketchup go by faster but...it seems some other folks intruded the picnic and want the ketchup too.
Stage: Animal Town
Opponent(s): Big Bird, Arthur, Barney, Lionel, Ord, Cheeko, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Curious George
Event objective: In this event match, you simply need to defeat your opponents in the spots Elinor and her friends tell you to KO them to find the source of water to deliver to Ms. Llama to make her ketchup less gooey. After you defeat all the fighters, you will see the water bucket appear and recieve it and complete the event match. If you KO the fighter(s) in the wrong areas, self-destruct or get KOd, you fail the event match.
Reference: The Elinor Wonders Why episode The Town Picnic. All the opponents are also animal characters who love food as well and would go on a picnic and bring their favorite foods too.
I really like all the above event matches, but I do have an idea for one of my own:

Event #Extra0X: Ronald's PBS Cat-Astrophe
Event Description:
The PBS network if full of cute & cuddly felines! But, oddly, they've all started acting like Ronald's nemesis, Nature Cat, and they're disturbing his peace and quiet! Help him take care of these wannabe nature lovers so he can go back to napping, and planning his next epic dance party!
Assist: Ronald
Stage: Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures (Backyard Area)
Opponent(s): 10x stronger Nature Cats (each one uses a different palette inspired by other PBS Kids cat characters: Gwendolyn [Nature Cat's sister], Sagwa, Cat [Peg + Cat], The Cat in the Hat, Henrietta Pussycat [Mister Rogers], Katerina Kittycat [Daniel Tiger], Gatita [Rosie's Rules], Kibbles [Lyla in the Loop], Gnocchi [Curious George], Milo), in a random order
Event objective: This is a simple but challenging no-frills event match in which you will face off against many buffed Nature Cats at once. Just know that the stage does not transition to other areas here, and that Ronald is a bit of a joke if his assist meter isn't full. Self-destructing or getting KOd will fail the event.
References: A reference to the fact that PBS Kids has quite a lot of feline characters, and Ronald's rivalry with Nature Cat. Also, one of Nature Cat's palettes resembles his sister, Gwendolyn, from The Return of Bad Dog Bart.
Alright, so I will close the Event Match job.

As for Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun , the Event Match you wrote down is great and I love the idea. But, if it wins the Event Match poll for what the fourth Event Match will be, I will swap out some of the Nature Cat pallette colors. Specifically, I would swap out the Saguwa, Cat in The Hat, and Kibbles colored palette swaps for colored palette swaps themed after Gilbert (Caillou), Snicklefritz (The Big Comfy Couch) and Pilchard (Bob the Builder). This is because I want to avoid any references to any PBS Kids IPs not represented yet in PBS Kids: Brawltime! as in this alternate universe...we have to avoid those crazy speculators. I'm also going to assume the color palettes for Nature Cat are all exclusive to your Event Match given in PBS Kids: Brawltime!, each fighter has 4 alternate costumes and the Legacy Skins.

Regardless though, let's vote on a fourth Event Match. Please vote in the Strawpoll below.

Fourth Event Match Poll
It's Time to Ketchup With You! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Ronald's PBS Cat-Astrophe Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Time to head to the PBS Kids Archives for our next two jobs!

Job 437:

Submit episodes to be added to the PBS Kids Archives for the Nature Cat update. We'll need one episode from Nature Cat of course although he already has an episode since he is the fighter who we are doing right now..he should get another episode for sure. I also feel we should add an episode for Peg + Cat, Let's Go Luna! and Ready, Jet, Go! Feel free to submit episodes from shows already represented in this game who got content in this update alongside adding one bonus episode as well that has nothing to do with the content.

Job 438:

Submit 5 PBS Kids Website games and 3 video games based on PBS Kids shows that should be added to the Archives for this update. The top 5 website games from PBS Kids webpages and the top 3 video games after voting will be added to the Archives!

One of the website games and one of the video games MUST come from a PBS Kids show represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is NOT represented by a fighter.

Get submitting and use your imagination!

PBS Kids Episodes

Nature Cat:

The Glow Games/Have a Grape Day

Peg + Cat:

The Big Dog Problem

Let's Go Luna!

You Can't Move the Moon/Lizardzilla

Ready, Jet, Go!

My Three Suns/Magnet, PI

Wild Kratts:

Mystery of the Squirmy Wormy

Elinor Wonders Why:

The Amazing Expandable Clubhouse/The Town Picnic

Sesame Street:

Episode 4187

Arthur:

Binky Barnes, Wingman/To Beat or Not to Beat

As for the episodes I chose, the Nature Cat episode I chose focuses on Ronald (primarily the first half) and I liked the plot of it. I was going to go with the Wild Kratts "crossover" episode but I wanted an episode that focused on the assist Ronald that comes with Nature Cat since the first Nature Cat episode we added had one episode focusing on Daisy.

The episodes chosen for Peg + Cat and Wild Kratts are references to their event matches. The Ready, Jet, Go! episode has the first half of it with a fun part in the episode for Face 9000 who is an item. As for the Elinor Wonders Why episode, the second half takes place in Animal Town (and was the inspiration for my Event Match idea) if it gets in or not. Any episode from Let's Go Luna! works but I felt the episode I chose was fun as it does focus on Japanese culture which heavily influenced the Neon Gaming City at the end of the Story Mode.

As for the last two, the Sesame Street episode has the Abby's Flying Fair School segment called Niblet's Wand and is the premiere of the 40th season which turns 15 this year (I'm old...) Finally, the Arthur episode is a bonus episode as Arthur appears in Nature Cat's Story Mode chapter and the first half of the episode focuses on nature...appropriate for a Nature Cat update.

PBS Kids Website Games

Nature Cat: Nature Cat's Adventure

nature-cat-nature-cats-adventure.jpg

Wild Kratts: World Rescue

maxresdefault.jpg

PBS Kids IDs/Interstitals/Bumpers: Dot's Story Factory

sddefault.jpg

Barney and Friends: Barney's Music Game

Barney Music Game.png

Thomas and Friends: Track Repair

sddefault.jpg

For the Nature Cat website game, I chose Nature Cat's Adventure as the game looks fun to speedrun and is a platformer., quite similar to our Story Mode, heh. For the Wild Kratts game, I chose a more recent website game that recently came out this month as the Kratts appear in Nature Cat's Story Mode chapter and also got an item and another event match based around Wild Kratts. Alongside this, I'm surprised Dash/Dot have NOT gotten any PBS Kids website games yet in the PBS Kids Archives but I went with Dot's Story Factory as I remember the game being fun, Dot needs more love since Dash gets all the attention. Barney needed another website game so why don't we make music with him since he appeared in Nature Cat's Story Mode chapter too? As for the bonus website game, why don't we go with a Thomas and Friends website game from the Thomas and Friends microwebsite on PBS Kids back when it debuted in 2013? We need more CGi Thomas content, it fits with the 2010s PBS Kids show theme in a way.

PBS Kids Video Games

Bob the Builder: Bob's Castle Adventure (PC)

s-l1600.jpg

Dragon Tales: Dragon Adventures (GBC/GBA)

81B8LN0rxHL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
6-1-61745-13.jpg

Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Sky Heroes to The Rescue (PC)

81+XxAMu0lL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

I felt that Bob the Builder and Dragon Tales needed another video game added to the PBS Kids Archives. For the Bob the Builder video game, why not go with the one based off of the special that inspired his homestage? For the Dragon Tales game, it's quite fun and based on various Dragon Tales episodes. In fact, as a treat, you can switch between the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance versions! For the bonus game, why don't we go with a Jay Jay the Jet Plane game? We need more Learning Company content to foreshadow a Learning Company character as one of our guest characters and I remember this game as a kid I believe.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Got one submission for a website game:

Elinor Wonders Why: Soup's Up!

STOP THAT SOUP, NOOOOOOOOOO.PNG

I've noticed that Elinor has no games on the Archive yet (just a single episode), so since she's getting a stage, let's give her a game on here too! I really like this one, you get to use a lot of different ingredients to make many unique types of soup.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Thomas and Friends: Track Repair

View attachment 387699
Got one submission for a website game:

Elinor Wonders Why: Soup's Up!

View attachment 387713

I've noticed that Elinor has no games on the Archive yet (just a single episode), so since she's getting a stage, let's give her a game on here too! I really like this one, you get to use a lot of different ingredients to make many unique types of soup.
Alright, all my episode games, video games as well as the 4 PBS Kids website games based off of fighters will join the PBS Kids Archives. Now, we need to vote on the extra website game! Please vote in the Strawpoll below!

Website Game Poll
Thomas and Friends: Track Repair AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Elinor Wonders Why: Soup's Up! Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Now, onto Legacy Skins!

Job 439:

Time for the second round of Legacy Skins for Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighters! Submit up to 4 Legacy Skins based on major platfighter/fighting game tournaments or other ideas, including edutainment companies, story mode references, etc. Basically, these are references outside of PBS Kids shows for the characters in the game to receive skins based on things, not from their shows.

If you are submitting a batch of 4 Legacy Skins, one of the Legacy Skins MUST be based on either an animal or a major holiday!

The top 4 ideas will be added to Nature Cat's pack!

You CANNOT submit Legacy Skins for:

• Dash/Dot
  • Barney
  • WordGirl
  • Ms. Frizzle
  • Digit
  • Hacker
  • Lionel
  • The Teletubbies
  • Molly Mabray
  • Malik, Zadie and Zeke
  • Ty Rux
  • Curious George
The characters that are not allowed recently got skins in the Curious George update, the Sponsorship Packs and some characters that recieved Legacy Skins in the JumpStart Super Sponsor Pack. I have decided to allow Bob the Builder, Betsy and The Zula Patrol to get Legacy Skins as they have not recieved any since the Ty Rux update. Super Why is free to get one as well as his last Legacy Skin was with the ABCMouse.com update. As another reminder, Ty Rux will not be allowed any Legacy Skins anymore since he is a guest character and has the one-time occasion treatment that guest characters will get from now on.

Resubmitting Summer Game Fest Elmo

FzlHCR6WcAAlmXM.jpg

645888914a236726dba206db_SGF_23_thumb.jpg

This event will be here before you know it and Elmo will be there as a guest appearance to help promote PBS Kids: Brawltime! Just like how he would hypothetically appear at this Summer Game Fest, he will wear a tropical Hawaiian shirt with many bright colors that has the Summer Game Fest logo on it with him wearing sunglasses and sunscreen on his nose. For each of his attacks, bubbles with the Summer Game Fest logo on it will appear for that beautiful visual touch! We haven't given Elmo a skin in a while so this is his change to get another Legacy Skin!

Neon Gaming City Gamer Champion Ruff Ruffman

102_00463.png
81rLJgpXAdL.jpg

Remember at the end of the main Story Mode when all the PBS Kids characters were competing in that video game tournament? How about having Ruff Ruffman represent that part of the Story Mode as he sure loves hosting games and is quite tech savvy himself! Ruffman gets a neon glow with a gamer headset with a mic and a big video game controller on his belly. Each time he hits an opponent, the hits make a video game-esque sound effect (kind of like an 8-bit sound effect). When he gets a KO, you will see a gold trophy in the background representing Ruff Ruffman's way to victory to show he's ready to win that video game tournament!

Tipped Off Connected Steed Marvin

P6WNJSzq_400x400.jpg
55cb23369bc2c03845a4762014490359.png

Ok so I couldn't really find any active big majors that were happening this year that did not get a Legacy Skin yet. Since I figured that we are probably not getting any competitive Smash/platfighter tournaments, esports events or gaming event-themed Legacy Skins with our next character who will be a guest character...why not do one based on a long running Melee-only tournament series and bring PBS Kids: Brawltime! there as the first ever side event given how well recieved it is in our universe? This time, Marvin is ready to show off his dancing skills and be a tipped-off connected steed. Basically, he gets a saddle with the Tipped Off 15 Connected logo on it and gains the colors of the logo on his skin and mane. His visual effects for the attack consist of reflectors (obviously) and when he gets a KO, the reflector will do a little waveshine dance just for the funny haha Melee joke. An overall, fun skin here. Plus, us developers at PBS Kids: Brawltime! will throw in a $1K bonus to Tipped Off's Melee prize pool and a $10K prize pool for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! side event!

Now for the animal/major holiday themed Legacy Skin...

The Living Raptor on Sesame Street....Big Bird!

9780394859262.jpg

Man....it's been a long time since we have done anything for Big Bird. I did have a few ideas for animal/major holiday-themed Legacy Skins but since we did do a Legacy Skin for Ty Rux cosplaying as a bird character being Chica...why not do the opposite with Big Bird dressing up as his ancestors? Plus, this Legacy Skin also kind of references the Between the Lions episode Tweet, Tweet where Big Bird made a cameo in, and that Between the Lions episode was all about dinosaurs! Big Bird gains dinosaur claws as well as more of a dinosaur-like skull. He will have orange feathers similar to the dinosaur Herb from Sesame Street. The letters in his Light Up and Neutral Special have a more prehistoric look to them AND the letters are based on prehistoric dinosaurs/animals that begin with that letter so the A would be an apatosaurus, P for pterodactyl, T for tyrannosaurus, etc. The attack is not changed but the visual effect is different. After Big Bird gets a KO, Herb will appear and say "Nice job!" to you for a job well done! Overall, a fun Legacy Skin for the main bird himself.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
My one legacy skin submission for this is tied to the animal/major holiday theme:

Christmas Cat and the Spirits of Nature Present & Nature Yet To Come

christmasssssss.PNG
squeeks tha spirit.PNG
spooky hal.PNG

This Legacy Skin is really one big reference to Nature Cat's Christmas Special episode, A Nature Carol. In a dark alternate future, Nature Cat has become so obsessed with Christmas that he even stops caring about Nature, declaring himself "Christmas Cat"! As such, this skin contains many Christmas-themed effects replacing his original ones, such as swinging from Christmas tree lights rather than a vine for his up special. Even the stage hazards he controls are given Christmas flairs (instead of studying nature, he is now wondering how the area can be even more "Christmasy"). Accompanying him are the Spirits of Nature Present and Nature Yet To Come (who swear that they aren't Squeeks and Hal, respectively), hoping to set Fred back on the right path. Both have a green and purple glow respectively when they are summoned in the attacks that use them. For the lucky RNG "Shoryuken" attack, Squeeks will don a Santa outfit instead of a Ryu one. While using the outfit, the Easter Egg "Nature Analysis" also isn't available, but a Nature Cat in his normal outfit has a special conversation when playing against this version of him (making the Nature Cat mirror match the only singular character with two Nature Analysis conversations).

His victory animation is even completely different, and much more tragic: In a darker version of the victory stage, Fred wins the same comically-large trophy (now filled with a bunch of Christmas presents) and is excited at first, but then starts to become sad and lonely, as he has lost all his friends due to his obsession turning him into a jerk. Other characters' loss animations don't even play here; he is truly all alone now. His loss animation is also different though, and is opposite in tone: His loss in the match causes Fred to snap out of his obsession, and now realizing what he needs to do to make amends, quickly puts his original outfit back on and runs off confidently to set things right.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Legacy skin based on animal/holiday

Halloween Xavier Riddle

I only decided to settle with Xavier Riddle since he has yet to receive one, and Cyborg Sun submitted a Christmas legacy skin, so I figured I'd submit one for the other biggest well-known holiday, Halloween! For this one, it turn's Xavier's hoodie orange and his head becomes a Jack O'Lantern. He also emits an orange glow from time to time and some of his attacks can summon ghosts or bats!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
The Living Raptor on Sesame Street....Big Bird!

View attachment 387770

Man....it's been a long time since we have done anything for Big Bird. I did have a few ideas for animal/major holiday-themed Legacy Skins but since we did do a Legacy Skin for Ty Rux cosplaying as a bird character being Chica...why not do the opposite with Big Bird dressing up as his ancestors? Plus, this Legacy Skin also kind of references the Between the Lions episode Tweet, Tweet where Big Bird made a cameo in, and that Between the Lions episode was all about dinosaurs! Big Bird gains dinosaur claws as well as more of a dinosaur-like skull. He will have orange feathers similar to the dinosaur Herb from Sesame Street. The letters in his Light Up and Neutral Special have a more prehistoric look to them AND the letters are based on prehistoric dinosaurs/animals that begin with that letter so the A would be an apatosaurus, P for pterodactyl, T for tyrannosaurus, etc. The attack is not changed but the visual effect is different. After Big Bird gets a KO, Herb will appear and say "Nice job!" to you for a job well done! Overall, a fun Legacy Skin for the main bird himself.
My one legacy skin submission for this is tied to the animal/major holiday theme:

Christmas Cat and the Spirits of Nature Present & Nature Yet To Come

View attachment 387777 View attachment 387778 View attachment 387779

This Legacy Skin is really one big reference to Nature Cat's Christmas Special episode, A Nature Carol. In a dark alternate future, Nature Cat has become so obsessed with Christmas that he even stops caring about Nature, declaring himself "Christmas Cat"! As such, this skin contains many Christmas-themed effects replacing his original ones, such as swinging from Christmas tree lights rather than a vine for his up special. Even the stage hazards he controls are given Christmas flairs (instead of studying nature, he is now wondering how the area can be even more "Christmasy"). Accompanying him are the Spirits of Nature Present and Nature Yet To Come (who swear that they aren't Squeeks and Hal, respectively), hoping to set Fred back on the right path. Both have a green and purple glow respectively when they are summoned in the attacks that use them. For the lucky RNG "Shoryuken" attack, Squeeks will don a Santa outfit instead of a Ryu one. While using the outfit, the Easter Egg "Nature Analysis" also isn't available, but a Nature Cat in his normal outfit has a special conversation when playing against this version of him (making the Nature Cat mirror match the only singular character with two Nature Analysis conversations).

His victory animation is even completely different, and much more tragic: In a darker version of the victory stage, Fred wins the same comically-large trophy (now filled with a bunch of Christmas presents) and is excited at first, but then starts to become sad and lonely, as he has lost all his friends due to his obsession turning him into a jerk. Other characters' loss animations don't even play here; he is truly all alone now. His loss animation is also different though, and is opposite in tone: His loss in the match causes Fred to snap out of his obsession, and now realizing what he needs to do to make amends, quickly puts his original outfit back on and runs off confidently to set things right.
Legacy skin based on animal/holiday

Halloween Xavier Riddle

I only decided to settle with Xavier Riddle since he has yet to receive one, and Cyborg Sun submitted a Christmas legacy skin, so I figured I'd submit one for the other biggest well-known holiday, Halloween! For this one, it turn's Xavier's hoodie orange and his head becomes a Jack O'Lantern. He also emits an orange glow from time to time and some of his attacks can summon ghosts or bats!
I will close the Legacy Skin job now. The fifth website game will be Elinor Wonder Why: Soup's Up! Congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun for that fun addition. Also, the three Legacy Skins I submitted besides the animal/major holiday one will join the Nature Cat update. We need to vote on an animal/major holiday skin now. Please vote for your top 2 Legacy Skins but you can only put your own in second!

Animal/Major Holiday Major Skins

The Living Raptor on Sesame Street....Big Bird! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Christmas Cat and the Spirits of Nature Present & Nature Yet To Come Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun
Halloween Xavier Riddle PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now, onto the next two jobs!

Job 440:

Submit a multiplayer mode to join PBS Kids: Brawltime! to join the Nature Cat update. It has been a long time since we have added any sort of new multiplayer mode but I feel now would be an appropriate time to do so.

Side Job:

Submit a reveal trailer script for Nature Cat! He can be revealed in a PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentation or even at another gaming event.

Legacy Skins Votes:

1. Christmas Cat and Christmas Spirits (I love how much has changed for Nature Cat to give him a "premium" style Legacy Skin here.)
2. Living Raptor Big Bird (Self-vote but Big Bird needs another Legacy Skin!)

All the Legacy Skin ideas are great as always.

Multiplayer Mode

Dash's Crazy Party

Inspired by Smash Remix's Random Knockback mode and other special modes in Super Smash Bros Melee comes Dash's Crazy Party. Here, you and three friends can play a fight but...some odd things happen. Events happening such as the knockback changing, everyone getting a little bit of damage throughout the battle, items spawning everywhere, etc. It's a crazy battle! You can play up to a number of wins such as (First to 5 wins, 7 wins, or 10 wins). Also, may I mention that you can switch the fighter throughout the Crazy Party so you're not locked to one fighter. The first player to get to the number of wins is the champion of Dash's Crazy Party!

Nature Cat Trailer

A Nature Quest in The Wild

We start with a montage of all the characters revealed fighting on the stages and what with then the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo appearing with all the base game characters plus the two free bonus characters, all the Learner's Pass Vol. 1 fighters and Curious George.

Then, we cut to some sort of grassy plains similar to Hyrule Field in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and then we see Announcer Bunny dressed up as an elf of some form like you see in fantasy-based ARPGs in some sort of 3D style animation similar to ARPG games from the 2010s (think Skyrim, Breath of the Wild, etc.) The dialogue appears as subtitles on the bottom similar to modern-day ARPG games.

Announcer Bunny: Hear ye, hear ye! AAAAAAAA-nouncer Bunny hear to tell ye all, we have thy new fighter joining thy grand tournament of thy Brawltime Party! Ye are right now in thy game: Nature Quest: Fight for the Wild. Somewhere on thou grassy plains lies thy great warrior! Let us see whom shall encounter thou fighter!

Announcer Bunny sees some warriors coming.

Announcer Bunny: Oh look, here thy come now!

We see the Kratt Bros in more medieval-like garb, Arthur in some Renaissance-era-esque clothing with the crown he won at that medieval fair, and the wombats in their JRPG-inspired outfits.

Chris Kratt: Thine adventure shall not be long, your good bunny.

Announcer Bunny: It's dangerous for one warrior to go alone on ye wild adventure. Take thy map. Thou shall find thy warrior around here.

Martin Kratt: I thank thee as well.

Arthur: Hey, this feels like that one medieval fair I went to when I became the king at the medieval fair.

Chris Kratt: Arthur, thou must stick to thy old English dialogue.

Arthur: Right...sorry.

Malik: Hey, thou is just like that one quest where ye met thy brave warriors, Chris and Martin.

Zadie: You are right! But now...ye are in some...grassy plain.

Zeke: Well, what are ye waiting for? Tally-ho!

We see the party go across many plains and areas with other PBS Kids characters cheering them on in the back with medieval trumpet-like music. But then, we see something odd happen. The crew reaches some sort of medieval railway area where the warrior lies and it seems Thomas, James, and Percy are "dragons" (just them with dragon features and they aren't evil in this case, just testing the warriors' might).

Thomas: Not so fast, brave warriors!

James: Ye must prove yourselves worthy to meet thy strong warrior!

Percy: Ye must face us in thy duel of train dragons!

Malik: Who are ye trains even?

Thomas: Thou art I Thomas.

James: Thou art royal dragon King James.

Thomas: James...thy shall focus on the battle.

Percy: And...art thou Percy.

Chris: Well, Thomas, James, and Percy. Let us begin thy battle!

We see the characters duel out with various ARPG-style moves and we see the figure who appears to be a silhouette of a cat with Robin Hood-style clothes and his companions as well being silhouettes of a rabbit, dog, and mouse in medieval clothes, watching the battle.

As soon as Thomas, James and Percy are just about on their last legs, we see the cat and his team come in with a vine swing and then the mouse delivering a strong uppercut!

The cat: Well... all of ye have certainly been proven worthy to join me in thy grand adventure! Ye all are ready!

The rabbit in warrior clothes: I have assisted thou fighters and am proud to say....

Thomas: Yes, ye are all strong but thy cat is thy newest fighter in thy Brawltime Party!

Chris then sees what Nature Cat is holding, a green envelope with the PBS Kids logo on it.

Chris: Oh, it's thy green envelope!

Hal: Say, it's thou time now!

Squeeks: It seems like it!

Nature Cat pulls out the invite.

Nature Cat: Well, it is time for thy Brawltime Tournament to commence! Thou am Fred but ye can call me Nature Cat and I am in thy Brawltime Party!

Introducing Nature Cat! (We see Nature Cat next to the text in the PBS Kids-style font while Announcer Bunny says "Nature Cat!")

We then see Nature Cat fight against Arthur, the Kratt Bros and the wombats on Bobsville Castle with a remix of the Nature Cat theme playing in the background. We see Nature Cat use his Light Moves on all of his opponents across a variety of stages.

Hal: Boy, am I happy we get to join this tournament of amazing fighters?

Squeeks: An excellent time to join with my KA-RAH-TAY moves!

We then see Nature Cat use his Vine Swing on the Zobooland stage. Then, we cut to footage of the Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures stage with Nature Cat with Daisy as his assist fighting against the Kratt Brothers there showcasing the different areas of the stage.

Chris: Hey, I remember that backyard!

Martin: Weren't we bats there
once?

Chris: Maybe....

We then see Nature Cat with the Ronald assist on The Secret House and Donkey's Shed stage fighting against, Donkey, Lionel and Ms. Frizzle.

Ronald: Well Fred, am I surprised to see YOU at this party?

Nature Cat: Ronald?! That nonsense maker! What are you doing here anyway?

Ronald: I heard you got invited out of all cats but...I guess I might as well help you.

We see Ronald's assist function on various fighters.

Then, we see the Harold disc item on Thomas on the Island of Sodor stage with Nature Cat picking it up with Hal.

Hal: Oh look, it's Harold!

Thomas: Do you mean my helicopter friend named Harold?

Nature Cat: No! I'm talking about Hal's flying disc!

We see Harold's item function on Barney, Elmo, and Marvin on the Island of Sodor stage with Nature Cat demonstrating its useful use for combos.

Finally, we cut to Nature Cat showcasing his Neutral Special on PTV Park with Dash, WordGirl, and Curious George fighting against him which is Nature Cat's main gimmick.

Nature Cat: Studying this unfamiliar environment is REALLY going to help me win!

We see the various natural hazards he can summon being used on his opponents.

Daisy: That's our Fred! He has a way with nature!

Finally, we see Nature Cat use his Down Special on Arthur on Buster's Video Postcards and copy Arthur's Neutral Special and use it on him, another one of his gimmicks.

Nature Cat: Lots of new creatures here make me want to study them too! I want to do it for all of these fun warriors! After all, this is a platform fighter that we are in!

We see him copy a variety of characters and their Neutral Specials across various stages.

Then, we cut to other footage of Nature Cat in PBS Kids: Brawltime:

We see:

• Him posing alongside Chris and Martin Kratt on Tortuga HQ
  • Him exploring nature-based stages like The Magic School Bus in the dinosaur section, Cliff's Cliff, Zobooland, The Treeborhood, etc.
  • Footage of his Story Mode chapter where he fights against the dummies in his backyard.
  • Footage of him fighting against Anomaly monsters on the cave part of Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures stage in his event match A Big Cave Conundrum
  • Him using his taunt with Barney dancing on The Treehouse stage
We then cut back to the CGI footage with him and his friends, Arthur, the Kratt Bros, Malik, Zadie and Zeke, Thomas, James and Percy as they then head off to adventure.

Nature Cat: So, let's head off to thy Brawltime Party! Onward and yonward!

Everyone then moves forward with them boarding the engines and then puffing off onto the next world of fun.

We then cut to the PBS Kids: Brawltime! logo as Nature Cat's theme hits the last note with Nature Cat being added to the logo with the other 30 fighters making the total number of fighters, 31!

The final scene of the trailer would be Nature Cat on his homestage with Daisy as his assist with Big Bird as his opponent and Nature Cat uses his Down Special. We then see Nature Cat appear on the bottom of the screen with a dialogue box with him saying "Well, this bird is surely a...BIG BIRD!" hinting at an Easter Egg on his homestage if you use him.

It fades to a black screen with the copyright info.

We cut back to Announcer Bunny in his regular setting.

Announcer Bunny: Well...that certainly was one epic adventure with those train "dragons" of course! Nature Cat is our second fighter for Learner's Pass Vol. 2! His Meet the Fighters video will come out after this presentation as well and the update containing him will be coming out right after this presentation as well!!!

The presentation continues.

This trailer introduces:

• Nature Cat as a fighter, his moveset and main gimmick alongside his taunt
  • His home stage, Fred's Backyard and Nature Adventures, its hazards and gimmicks
  • Ronald as an assist and his function
  • Harold (Hal's Flying Disc) item and its function
  • Footage of Nature Cat's Story Mode chapter that doesn't spoil too much of the plot
  • The event match "A Big Cave Conundrum"
  • Hints at an Easter Egg for Nature Cat on his home stage if you have Daisy as Nature Cat's assist
  • Hints a bit vaguely at the Kratt Bros playing a role in Nature Cat's Story Mode chapter

Notes:

• The video game Nature Quest: Fight of the Wild is based on more 2010s ARPGs made by western developers such as Skyrim, Elden Ring, and the game itself was influenced by Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I vaguely also added Old English to make the setting more Renaissance/Old England-esque given Nature Cat's outfit is much similar to Robin Hood's
  • Thomas, Percy, and James as "bosses" in the game are references to the famous Skyrim mod with Thomas as a dragon as well as to the 2013 Thomas and Friends special, King of the Railway where Thomas, James, and Percy helped restore a castle on Sodor. That was the inspiration behind them being on some sort of magical, medieval castle railway.
  • Chris and Martin Kratt mentioning that they were bats in a Nature Cat episode is a reference to the Nature Cat crossover episode, Wild Batts.
  • Thomas vaguely asking if Harold was his helicopter friend is an obvious reference to the helicopter himself.
  • Arthur mentioning a medieval fair where he became a king was a reference to the Arthur episode The Return of the King.
  • Malik, Zadie, and Zeke wearing their JRPG-inspired outfits is a reference to their reveal trailer and their Legacy Skins alongside them mentioning the events of the reveal trailer when they met Chris and Martin Kratt.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Legacy skin votes:

1. Halloween Xavier
2. Christmas Cat + Spirits

New Multiplayer Mode:

Network Domination

Not sure if there will be more Multiplayer mode jobs after this one, so I quickly came up with something to end them with a bang. This mode is a more open world affair taking place in a randomized area, with a top-down camera view, kinda like a dungeon crawler. With your chosen character, your goal is to quickly roam this world and complete various mini-tasks to become stronger, such as fetch quests and skirmishes with waves of generic enemies. You may even be able to convince an assist to join your side. Unlike "Smash Run" (a partial inspiration for this mode), you actually can encounter the other players in this world. Ignore them, form a temporary alliance, or try to hinder their progress, the choice is yours. When time runs out, the leveled characters will then face each other in a final battle (random stage, random victory conditions) to determine who the true ruler of the PBS Kids network is...

One reason it's called "Network Domination" is because the open map itself is meant to be a hodgepodge of various PBS Kids worlds. The tasks are given by various other PBS Kids characters (including the playable cast, who appear when they aren't chosen for the match), expanding the amount of potential cameos.

The mode also serves as a prototype of various ideas I want to introduce in this thread's successor, whatever it may end up being. There's shades of an Action RPG, a Party game, and a potential take on a single-player story mode in Brawltime's direct sequel spread throughout the mode.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Christmas Cat and Christmas Spirits
2. Halloween Xavier Riddle

New Multiplayer Mode:

Who's coming up next?

Inspired by Contested Territory from BTD6, as well as Risk and Ticket to Ride, this has 4 players on 4 corners of a hexagonal map as they all duke it out to claim the most land of the hexagonal board! Each battle that starts will determine who claims the most amount of land with the highest place claiming the most land and lowest place claiming the least land. The closer and closer they are to the center, the more complex conditions are added to the battle, such as certain items spawning more frequently and certain players turning metal, with even boss battles for battles closer to the center of the map. The player who captures the most hexagonal times wins!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Multiplayer Mode

Dash's Crazy Party

Inspired by Smash Remix's Random Knockback mode and other special modes in Super Smash Bros Melee comes Dash's Crazy Party. Here, you and three friends can play a fight but...some odd things happen. Events happening such as the knockback changing, everyone getting a little bit of damage throughout the battle, items spawning everywhere, etc. It's a crazy battle! You can play up to a number of wins such as (First to 5 wins, 7 wins, or 10 wins). Also, may I mention that you can switch the fighter throughout the Crazy Party so you're not locked to one fighter. The first player to get to the number of wins is the champion of Dash's Crazy Party!
Legacy skin votes:

1. Halloween Xavier
2. Christmas Cat + Spirits

New Multiplayer Mode:

Network Domination

Not sure if there will be more Multiplayer mode jobs after this one, so I quickly came up with something to end them with a bang. This mode is a more open world affair taking place in a randomized area, with a top-down camera view, kinda like a dungeon crawler. With your chosen character, your goal is to quickly roam this world and complete various mini-tasks to become stronger, such as fetch quests and skirmishes with waves of generic enemies. You may even be able to convince an assist to join your side. Unlike "Smash Run" (a partial inspiration for this mode), you actually can encounter the other players in this world. Ignore them, form a temporary alliance, or try to hinder their progress, the choice is yours. When time runs out, the leveled characters will then face each other in a final battle (random stage, random victory conditions) to determine who the true ruler of the PBS Kids network is...

One reason it's called "Network Domination" is because the open map itself is meant to be a hodgepodge of various PBS Kids worlds. The tasks are given by various other PBS Kids characters (including the playable cast, who appear when they aren't chosen for the match), expanding the amount of potential cameos.

The mode also serves as a prototype of various ideas I want to introduce in this thread's successor, whatever it may end up being. There's shades of an Action RPG, a Party game, and a potential take on a single-player story mode in Brawltime's direct sequel spread throughout the mode.
1. Christmas Cat and Christmas Spirits
2. Halloween Xavier Riddle

New Multiplayer Mode:

Who's coming up next?

Inspired by Contested Territory from BTD6, as well as Risk and Ticket to Ride, this has 4 players on 4 corners of a hexagonal map as they all duke it out to claim the most land of the hexagonal board! Each battle that starts will determine who claims the most amount of land with the highest place claiming the most land and lowest place claiming the least land. The closer and closer they are to the center, the more complex conditions are added to the battle, such as certain items spawning more frequently and certain players turning metal, with even boss battles for battles closer to the center of the map. The player who captures the most hexagonal times wins!
Alright, my Nature Cat reveal trailer will be used. For the fourth Legacy Skin to come with Nature Cat....

Big Bird Living Raptor: 1
Christmas Cat and Christmas Spirits: 5
Halloween Xavier Riddle: 3

Congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun and his awesome Legacy Skin for Nature Cat based on Christmas! That will be the fourth skin joining the Nature Cat update.

Now, let us vote on our next Multiplayer Mode joining the Nature Cat update. Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

Dash's Crazy Party AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Network Domination Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun
Who's Coming Up Next? PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Now...time for a fun free update job before we get ready for our 3rd Learner's Pass Vol. 2 character (who will be a guest character, mind you).

Job 441:

For the first time in a long while....PBS Kids: Brawltime! players will be receiving a free content update including PBS Kids-themed content. That's right, instead of an edutainment company getting free content, you will be in charge of creating a free theme update based around PBS Kids shows and what have you.

For your free update idea, you must:

• Write down the name of the update and what theme it is.
  • It must have no more than 5 pieces of content. The maximum amount of content for each piece of content are as follows:
    • Maximum of 2 stages
    • Maximum of 1 item
    • Maxim of 2 Legacy Skins
    • NO assists allowed
    • PBS Kids Archives content for website games are allowed, they do NOT factor in into the total of 5 pieces of content. However, you are allowed a maximum of up to 3 PBS Kids show episodes, other compilations, etc., 3 website games and 2 video games.
  • Also, please share why you think your free update idea should be chosen.
Basically, your creating the whole free update in one go! I decided this should be a fun new update idea for us to try. If everyone likes it, we will do more. The update MUST be based around PBS Kids programming so no guest character and guest company content. Please ask me any questions if you are confused!

Regardless, get submitting and use your imagination!

1. Who's Coming Up Next?
2. Dash's Crazy Party

I love the idea for Network Domination but that should be saved for a final update or even a PBS Kids: Brawltime! Definitive Edition (which we will be discussing later...
I spoiled something VERY big here)

My Free Update Idea:

PBS Kids and You

de618fs-23b988b8-97e9-41d6-8e41-c897876fd8ba.jpg

Ok, now I know we have a somewhat decent amount of content based on the IDs/bumpers/interstitials/system cues...but why don't we add more? Dash and Dot don't seem to get too much in the DLC packs for sure. This is their chance to shine here. Everything PBS Kids IDs/bumpers/interstitials/system cues are all here for sure.

Stages

1. Dot's Snowglobe

hqdefault.jpg
An iconic PBS Kids system cue from when I was a kid. We do not have enough snow-themed stages and this can help. The fighters are basically inside the snow globe and can slide across the lake. Snowflakes will fall and occasionally, the ice will crack. A blue Dash will also come on the ice and skate. Get in his way and he will accidentally give you damage! This stage will surely give you the chills, it's a walk off stage but you can send your fighters flying out of the snowglobe by breaking the glass! It's winter fun all year round!

2. PTV Park Downtown

ezgif-3-2770f6cea3.jpg

I know we have PTV Park as a stage but not one that explores its downtown. This is a huger stage (basically a bigger Tortimer Island) where you get to see the whole downtown. Various architecture make up the platforms from the buildings, the houses, the rainbow bridge and more. Even all the PBS P-Heads that live here will say hello. Watch out for the various vehicles from the various PTV Park-era IDs as they will come up and give you damage if you get in their way! A fun stage honoring a bygone era of IDs.

Items

1. Reading is Fun Book

hqdefault.jpg

A rarely appearing item to represent its rare appearances on PBS Kids networks. Basically, you throw it and the "Reading is fun!" truck appears and will WHAM into any opponent giving them massive damage and knockback! Other fighters who get in the way will get about 35% damage. I guess "hits like a truck" literally means hits like a truck here!

Legacy Skins

PTV P-Pal Dash/Dot

pbs.jpg

Dash/Dot simply become multi-colored and also get a random pair of colored boots based on the PTV P-Pals. Every time you get a KO, the PTV P-Pals will appear in the background and sing "This is P-B-SSSSS!"with the music and the dog will appear with the e/i ballon as well to congratulate you on a job well done! Nothing too special, just one honoring the mascots and a bit of a fun cosplay skin.

Bookworm Bunch Bookworm Marvin

4f6043d74f6b713752426cdc75a7ce3b.png

I know Marvin recently got a Legacy Skin but this one was an idea I could NOT wait to share with all of you! Basically, Marvin gets the Bookworm Bunch logo on his coat of hair with the colors of the logo. Whenever he gets an attack, the bookworms come out and overall appear in the background. When Marvin gets a KO, the Bookworms appear and the other Bookworm Bunch characters (minus Elliot Moose and Five from Seven Little Monsters since their shows are not represented yet and Marvin since he's the one fighting) with Dash and Dot in the background saying "Yay!" to celebrate a well-earned KO and making the Bookworm Bunch proud!

PBS Kids Archives Content

Dash's Secret Treasure Compilation

Dot's Story Factory Compilation

A collection of PTV Park IDs with various stations on it that you can choose

Why not add compilations based around Dash's Secret Treasure and Dot's Story Factory (which has a game in the PBS Kids Archives) for fun? Also, we need more PTV Park-era content so this is a perfect addition!

Website Games

Dash's Secret Treasure Web Game

hqdefault.jpg

There won't be too many website games but we should add Dash's Secret Treasure since we added the compilation of segements.

No video games but I WAS going to add Kart Kingdom but I feel that can work best for a super big major update to announce the servers coming back.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Ah, a final update mode, eh? Well, maybe I'll shelf my own suggestion and re-submit for something like that, then. My votes ended up being the same as yours:

1. Who's Coming Up Next?
2. Dash's Crazy Party

I already like your free update idea, so I've got nothing more to add for now.
👍

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I will close both jobs a little early just for the sake of keeping the thread moving but here are the results:

Dash’s Crazy Party: 4
Network Domination: 0
Who’s Coming Up Next?: 5

Who’s Coming Up Next? will be our newest Multiplayer mode so congrats to Pop for his fun submission! My free update will be joining automatically so congrats to me. And now, I feel we have some more guests joining the Brawltime Party beyond the PBS Kids multiverse so whenever Pop is ready, it’s time to see how far this multiverse connects to other multiverses ;).

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so this is where things start to get really exciting for Learner's Pass vol. 2......

Job 442: Well, like AlteredBeast mentioned, there is the feeling that we will have some more guests joining the Brawltime Party beyond the PBS Kids multiverse. So for this job, you are to submit a guest character category to be used for the next character job, meaning that this will be the first, I quote, FIRST guest fighter of Learner's Pass vol. 2 as well as the second guest fighter in PBS Kids: Brawltime! overall! Like last time, you can submit any Kids TV channel or kids' media company that are not owned by or have no ties or connections to PBS Kids! Like last time, here are some points to consider:

• Post a picture of something representing that category whether it would be the logo of that TV channel, characters that fit in the category, etc.
  • Explain a bit about your choice and why it should be represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime!
  • Give examples of potential fighters and other content.
  • Submit up to 3 job prompts for assists, stages and items. (One assist, stage and item job for the guest character will be based on their own series)
  • Describe the story mode chapter for the guest character (you can make it a two-part story mode)
  • Optional: if you want any specific Legacy Skin or PBS Kids Archives prompts to fit into your category.
My submission:

Nick Jr.

Ok, while I was initially against the idea of adding Nick Jr. representation in, due to NASB being a thing, I just decided "why not"?, because Nick Jr. is probably one of the most famous and well-known TV networks for kids out there, arguably even a little more than PBS Kids and Playhouse Disney too. Plus, I felt like wanting to submit it before anyone else could, lol.

There are LOTS of iconic shows on the network that I feel basically need no introduction at this point, Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues, Oswald, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Bubble Guppies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Paw Patrol, and many, many more. Heck, even Baby Shark of all things got a show on the network, but we'll not delve into too much on that at the moment for the sake of......I dunno. Point is that surely we can bring TONS of awesome content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! if we finally let Nick Jr. finally get some representation in.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows

A4770671-FED0-4892-A846-BE88B5293168.JPG

This idea was suggested by Pop a while back when we first discussed DLC in this thread. Ever since it was proposed, I am a huge fan of the idea and want to propose it for our first guest DLC character. While we did get a character from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids and that was a great start due to PBS Kids's connection with the network's making...what if the second guest character were from a different universe, a miscellaneous kids media world comprising of many characters from childhood favorites from books to even YouTube videos? I mean...sure Frog and Toad got some stop motion shorts back in the 80s alongside a series on Apple TV (which I ADORE the animation style by the way) and the book Bear Snores On appeared in one episode of Between the Lions. Heck, even Little Critter got his own home video series from Golden Books. Basically..this is a way to promote other kids media that can work as either a PBS Kids series or one-time special.

I do feel if the second fighter were from this category...it would provide a lot of shock-and-awe alongside more publicity for that series' publisher and such. Alongside this, it can open up that series to POTENTIALLY get a PBS Kids series in the alternate universe where PBS Kids: Brawltime! is an actual platform fighter and where it is doing super well in the e-sports department.

Some potential fighters that fit this category include Frog and Toad, the Bear from Bear Snores On, Duck from The Duck Song, Katy (Katy and the Big Snow), Amelia Bedelia, Judy Moody, even Little Critter himself. To be fair, this can open the gates as well as shake up speculation too in that universe.

For stages, assists and items:

There will be 5 stages with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series
  • Three based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow)
There will be 4 assists and 5 items with this DLC:

• One assist/item for the fighter based on their series (a character or thing from their series)
  • One assist/two items based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows (character or thing)
  • One assist/item based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow) (character or thing)
  • One assist/item based on a piece of kids media that can work as a PBS Kids show that is not based on a book series (could be anything edutainment related or kids video and such) (character or thing)
Lots of possibilities here.

I actually have a different idea for the Story Mode chapter. Basically, these characters already exist within the PBS Kids multiverse in some form (Between the Lions and Reading Rainbow will play a HUGE part in this Story Mode chapter). But...they do not know that the people outside of their books and videos are more famous than them. It's to show that they are just as worthy to be contenders in this Brawltime Party tournament. I am not going to give TOO much away about my idea but....it will be a fun one talking about kids media like this and then all of them finding a way to join the Brawltime Party after the Anomaly gets defeated and some time in the Neon Gaming City.

As for Legacy Skins....

There will be 5:

• One for the fighter from other kids' media cosplaying as a PBS Kids character or aspect of a PBS Kids show.
  • Four for the PBS Kids fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as characters from other kids' media (could be a fighter cosplaying as a fighter, in that art style of that piece of kids' media, etc.) Many directions here, and we can do a job for this potentially.
For PBS Kids Archives stuff...

I have a fun idea for website games for other kids' media for what we can do, it's a surprise for now. We will add video games based on other kids media so prepare to dig deep! There will be the PBS Kids IP/other kids media IPs crossover episodes and website games added like last time. I also have a special job for this category if it wins as well which will tie in with the character submission round.

Overall, this is a fun category that can definitely get the Brawltime! fans talking. Lots of fun to be had.

For those needing inspiration....here are some guest character categories to consider:

• Characters/IPs with connections to PBS Kids (Veggietales, Peanuts, The Gruffalo, etc)
  • IPs from the PBS adult block (this one may be the trickiest)
  • The Learning Company (they have had a great connection with PBS Kids)
  • Other kids networks (you can just submit one like Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior, Cartoonito, etc. or just submit it as a generic category)
  • Maybe other edutainment mascots from brands like BrainPOP, Living Books, etc. not yet given updates in Brawltime!
  • Something like World Masterpiece Theater or even something from another country can work too.
Get submitting with this helpful start right here!

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
My Submission: Disney Junior (formerly Playhouse Disney)

Disney_Junior.svg.png

It looks like one of the big dogs wants to come out to play... the children's network run by Disney (duh) has featured many of their own iconic original properties. During their days as Playhouse Disney, they hosted memorable shows such as Bear in the Big Blue House, JoJo's Circus, and of course Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But in recent years, they've also hosted the legendary Bluey, as well as having shows based on Spider-Man and Star Wars (ha, imagine having such big icons be in this humble little PBS-based game). And that's not to even mention other recent popular favorites like Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. We really would be spoiled for choice here, especially considering the surprising picks for acquired properties too. (anyone want a Care Bear on the roster?)

Naturally, the fighter would come with their home stage, as well as two others, both representing the Playhouse brand and recent Junior brand respectively. The assist & item choices work the same way, one from the chosen fighter's series and two others for the eras.

As for misc. things, there could be at least one legacy skin making a character cosplay a character from one of their series, plus about three episodes for the archives (one for the fighter, others for different represented series). No clue on the story chapter, that'll be all on you guys.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hey all, I love the submissions thus far for a guest character category. As for the Nick Jr. character, I was thinking...would all of you be fine if we also added Noggin content as well with a Nick Jr. character if a Nick Jr. character is next in line? Please vote in the Strawpoll below.

Noggin Content for Nick Jr. Guest Character Poll

I also want to open up some discussion questions about some recent developments in the thread as well. This is more so for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit sponsors.

Discussion Questions:

1. What did all of you think of the JumpStart Super Sponsor Pack and the concept of Super Sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit in general? Would you want to see more Super Sponsor Packs in future "years" for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit?

2. What brands or companies do you want to see be Super Sponsors for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit in the future?

3. As for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit sponsors, should we do job prompts for future sponsors or keep it to 1 company with PBS Kids history and 1 without history per user? Also, I was thinking would all of you be fine next round of sponsors that you can only submit 1 brand related to food (any restaurant/food brand) whether with or without PBS Kids history and the other brand must be a brand that is not food of any kind.

Regardless, get discussing alongside making your guest character category submissions!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I usually have no real opinions on the sponsors in general, do whatever you want with them. That being said...

I LOVED that I got the chance to make JumpStart the first "Super Sponsor" and contribute a bit to the content it introduced! I really do feel JS could've been eligible for getting a nice PBS Kids series, and this alternate universe fulfills those feelings to a certain extent.

Also, not part of the discussion topic but some "bug reports" in terms of the main page I guess, lol. Nature Cat doesn't have the strong versions of lights I created after-the-fact in his moveset, as well as my two assists (Daisy + Milo) not having their "full assist meter" functions. Also, I think you never called the vote for the event match, it looks like mine won (though I feel bad about kicking out the Elinor event, maybe I'll just resubmit that next chance I get lmao).

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
My submission:

The Learning Company

Oh my, am I too late on this? If not, here's what I've got. Sure they're made plenty of software based around various PBS Kids properties, such as Jay Jay, Cyberchase and Zoboomafoo, but I'm talking about their original properties that I think can make a good fit for this game, Reader Rabbit, Starflyers, Cluefinders and even the Zoombinis.

IkeaInklingMustHappen

Smash Cadet
Brainpop

Haha, funny robot along with all his friends help teach kids about all KINDS of subjects.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, all that stuff

Story Mode chapter? Well, even to me, it's frankly quite tricky, but given the whole technology theme of it all, having it take place in that neon gaming city would be kinda fitting.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My submission:

Nick Jr.

Ok, while I was initially against the idea of adding Nick Jr. representation in, due to NASB being a thing, I just decided "why not"?, because Nick Jr. is probably one of the most famous and well-known TV networks for kids out there, arguably even a little more than PBS Kids and Playhouse Disney too. Plus, I felt like wanting to submit it before anyone else could, lol.

There are LOTS of iconic shows on the network that I feel basically need no introduction at this point, Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues, Oswald, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Bubble Guppies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Paw Patrol, and many, many more. Heck, even Baby Shark of all things got a show on the network, but we'll not delve into too much on that at the moment for the sake of......I dunno. Point is that surely we can bring TONS of awesome content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! if we finally let Nick Jr. finally get some representation in.
Resubmitting Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows

A4770671-FED0-4892-A846-BE88B5293168.JPG

This idea was suggested by Pop a while back when we first discussed DLC in this thread. Ever since it was proposed, I am a huge fan of the idea and want to propose it for our first guest DLC character. While we did get a character from PBS Kids Sprout/Universal Kids and that was a great start due to PBS Kids's connection with the network's making...what if the second guest character were from a different universe, a miscellaneous kids media world comprising of many characters from childhood favorites from books to even YouTube videos? I mean...sure Frog and Toad got some stop motion shorts back in the 80s alongside a series on Apple TV (which I ADORE the animation style by the way) and the book Bear Snores On appeared in one episode of Between the Lions. Heck, even Little Critter got his own home video series from Golden Books. Basically..this is a way to promote other kids media that can work as either a PBS Kids series or one-time special.

I do feel if the second fighter were from this category...it would provide a lot of shock-and-awe alongside more publicity for that series' publisher and such. Alongside this, it can open up that series to POTENTIALLY get a PBS Kids series in the alternate universe where PBS Kids: Brawltime! is an actual platform fighter and where it is doing super well in the e-sports department.

Some potential fighters that fit this category include Frog and Toad, the Bear from Bear Snores On, Duck from The Duck Song, Katy (Katy and the Big Snow), Amelia Bedelia, Judy Moody, even Little Critter himself. To be fair, this can open the gates as well as shake up speculation too in that universe.

For stages, assists and items:

There will be 5 stages with this DLC:

• One for the fighter based on their series
  • Three based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows
  • One based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow)
There will be 4 assists and 5 items with this DLC:

• One assist/item for the fighter based on their series (a character or thing from their series)
  • One assist/two items based on other pieces of kids media that can work as PBS Kids shows (character or thing)
  • One assist/item based on a piece of kids media (well...book) that can work as a PBS Kids show seen in Between the Lions or Reading Rainbow) (character or thing)
  • One assist/item based on a piece of kids media that can work as a PBS Kids show that is not based on a book series (could be anything edutainment related or kids video and such) (character or thing)
Lots of possibilities here.

I actually have a different idea for the Story Mode chapter. Basically, these characters already exist within the PBS Kids multiverse in some form (Between the Lions and Reading Rainbow will play a HUGE part in this Story Mode chapter). But...they do not know that the people outside of their books and videos are more famous than them. It's to show that they are just as worthy to be contenders in this Brawltime Party tournament. I am not going to give TOO much away about my idea but....it will be a fun one talking about kids media like this and then all of them finding a way to join the Brawltime Party after the Anomaly gets defeated and some time in the Neon Gaming City.

As for Legacy Skins....

There will be 5:

• One for the fighter from other kids' media cosplaying as a PBS Kids character or aspect of a PBS Kids show.
  • Four for the PBS Kids fighters in PBS Kids: Brawltime! cosplaying as characters from other kids' media (could be a fighter cosplaying as a fighter, in that art style of that piece of kids' media, etc.) Many directions here, and we can do a job for this potentially.
For PBS Kids Archives stuff...

I have a fun idea for website games for other kids' media for what we can do, it's a surprise for now. We will add video games based on other kids media so prepare to dig deep! There will be the PBS Kids IP/other kids media IPs crossover episodes and website games added like last time. I also have a special job for this category if it wins as well which will tie in with the character submission round.

Overall, this is a fun category that can definitely get the Brawltime! fans talking. Lots of fun to be had.

For those needing inspiration....here are some guest character categories to consider:

• Characters/IPs with connections to PBS Kids (Veggietales, Peanuts, The Gruffalo, etc)
  • IPs from the PBS adult block (this one may be the trickiest)
  • The Learning Company (they have had a great connection with PBS Kids)
  • Other kids networks (you can just submit one like Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior, Cartoonito, etc. or just submit it as a generic category)
  • Maybe other edutainment mascots from brands like BrainPOP, Living Books, etc. not yet given updates in Brawltime!
  • Something like World Masterpiece Theater or even something from another country can work too.
Get submitting with this helpful start right here!
My Submission: Disney Junior (formerly Playhouse Disney)

View attachment 387952

It looks like one of the big dogs wants to come out to play... the children's network run by Disney (duh) has featured many of their own iconic original properties. During their days as Playhouse Disney, they hosted memorable shows such as Bear in the Big Blue House, JoJo's Circus, and of course Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But in recent years, they've also hosted the legendary Bluey, as well as having shows based on Spider-Man and Star Wars (ha, imagine having such big icons be in this humble little PBS-based game). And that's not to even mention other recent popular favorites like Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. We really would be spoiled for choice here, especially considering the surprising picks for acquired properties too. (anyone want a Care Bear on the roster?)

Naturally, the fighter would come with their home stage, as well as two others, both representing the Playhouse brand and recent Junior brand respectively. The assist & item choices work the same way, one from the chosen fighter's series and two others for the eras.

As for misc. things, there could be at least one legacy skin making a character cosplay a character from one of their series, plus about three episodes for the archives (one for the fighter, others for different represented series). No clue on the story chapter, that'll be all on you guys.
My submission:

The Learning Company

Oh my, am I too late on this? If not, here's what I've got. Sure they're made plenty of software based around various PBS Kids properties, such as Jay Jay, Cyberchase and Zoboomafoo, but I'm talking about their original properties that I think can make a good fit for this game, Reader Rabbit, Starflyers, Cluefinders and even the Zoombinis.
Brainpop

Haha, funny robot along with all his friends help teach kids about all KINDS of subjects.

Content? Self-explanatory, new fighter, stages, assists and items, all that stuff

Story Mode chapter? Well, even to me, it's frankly quite tricky, but given the whole technology theme of it all, having it take place in that neon gaming city would be kinda fitting.
Alright, I will close submissions for the guest character category. As for what Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun told me, thanks for reminding me. I suppose the event matches flew over my head but yes, Cyborg's event match based around Ronald will be the fourth event match coming with Nature Cat and I will update the OP eventually..I just have a lack of energy all the time because of life.

Now, we must vote for our second guest character's category for where they will be coming from. Vote for your top 2 but your own can only be in second!

Nick Jr. PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

The Learning Company CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

BrainPOP IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Now as a side job......

Side Job:

Submit a location for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Finale for Year 3 to be held. Submit your ideas here and use your imagination! You CANNOT submit Virginia and the San Jose Convention Center given those were used in prior Championship Circuit finales as the central location.

1. The Learning Company (I WAS going to submit this initially but I'm glad someone did. I have a VERY SPECIAL surprise for this if this wins that'll be...a lot of fun!)
2. Other Kids Media That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows (Self-vote but this one would be fun too. Another one with lots of tenuous connections to PBS Kids.)

All the other choices are great but I do feel for another kids' network, that should be saved for our LAST DLC fighter. BrainPOP is a very fun choice too (and thinking about it...can provide lots of fun tie-in stuff on their website for PBS Kids: Brawltime!)

As for my discussion question answers:

I loved doing the JumpStart Games Super Sponsor pack. It's always awesome to see sponsors give us tons of fun tie-in content for sure. My favorite part was the crossover game idea Cyborg Sun posed for the pack. It was tons of fun to do everything...given JumpStart was the first edutainment company to be a major sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit (and we did it justice). With that, I'd love to see more Super Sponsors given we can bring back some more nostalgia with the brands we choose.

Some Super Sponsors I'd like to see are:

• Learning Curve (my most wanted, I have a VERY fun tie-in product idea for this one)
  • Funko! (PBS Kids POPs, instant money maker!)
  • Melissa and Doug (Toy companies work GREAT here!)
  • ZooPals (It has PBS Kids history but...imagine a whole line of PBS Kids ZooPals!)
  • Starfall (Ok, another edutainment brand would be fine and I know Pop wants Starfall content but I have lots of ideas for cool Starfall-themed content. )
Most of these ideas I got from Pop given these were some of the sponsors he wanted for the Championship Circuit. Some of them would REALLY work for Super Sponsors though.

As for our regular sponsors, I would want us to have a bit more of variety. Maybe we can do a job prompt that might be TOO limiting. We may need to hold a poll on this but I feel I will impose the one food brand rule if that's fine with everyone.

As for the location for this year's Championship Circuit...

Boston, Massachusetts (Boston Convention and Exhibition Center)

bcec0_24eda44b-5056-a36a-0654a384e2725b8e.png

Boston is a big city in America and is quite historical. But, let's not forget to mention there is some gaming culture here like PAX East happening here and in the same venue chosen, the Smash Bros major series Shine happened in the city, etc. Also, for PBS Kids history, one of the most iconic PBS member television stations is in this city being WGBH (the company which gave us LOTS of iconic PBS Kids shows like Arthur, Between the Lions, Martha Speaks, etc.) and even American Public Television is housed here as well. A great choice that honors both geek culture and PBS Kids history alongside American history as well. Fun for the whole family.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Learning Company (Welp, even I can't wait to see.....what surprise that would be)
2. Nick Jr.

Some Super Sponsors I'd like to see are:

• YouTooz (They already did Arthur so I would like to see more PBS Kids tie-ins)
  • Lush Handmade Cosmetics (Would be very fun to see)
  • Betty Crocker (More food sponsors)

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
My votes for the category of the next guest:

1. Other Kids Media (This is sort of a misc. type of category it seems, but because it's a bit non-specific, that means I can submit someone like Stellaluna and I really like that idea so it's my primary vote lmao)
2. Disney Junior (self vote but really just doing it for Bluey lol)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, now that we have all the normal voters...time to reveal the results! Also, my location will be used for the third Championship Circuit finale. Discussion questions will be kept open as well!

Nick Jr: 4
Other Kids Medial That Can Work as PBS Kids Shows: 3
Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior: 1
The Learning Company: 7
BrainPOP: 0 :(

Well...congrats to CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 and their submission for The Learning Company being the category submission! Now, onto character submissions when Pop is ready and...more exciting news about what's to come from me soon!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Well, here it comes!......

Job 443: Well, since we've got time for seconds, the time has finally come for things to get really exciting for Learner's Pass Vol. 2. For this one, you are to submit a character from an original Learning Company game or game series to be added as our first guest fighter in Learner's Pass Vol. 2 AND as our 2nd guest fighter overall! (Just make sure it's not a character that's from a Learning Company game based on any other licensed property, we're not crossing that boundary for this time, sorry!) As with any other character job, please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission

Katie Cadet (Starflyers)

Being the alter ego of the highly imagination-filled Katherine Cadell, Katie Cadet is perhaps the universe's top guardian and a skilled spaceship pilot, travelling across different planets across the galaxy along with her other crewmates AJ, Io, and Klanker to thwart the evil plans of the Evil Vexar. How much she's well known in the whole universe is up to contention, though Reader Rabbit's friend, Sam the Lion once mentioned her as if she's a outer space celebrity and a legandary space guardian.

Why I picked her? Well, she looks like one of those edutainment characters who actually looks suitable for combat, plus she's jsut cute! Her only two games are also pretty obscure too.

For her gameplay style? She can play kinda like the Star Fox characters, lightweight and close-quarter combo game. She could even summon the powers of AJ (Randomizer attacks), Io (Fire breathing and flight), and Klanker (Super-strength).

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Learning Company Character

Reader Rabbit

ezgif-4-849c50767c.jpg

I know we have been adding a lot of animal-themed characters but...I mean, he is the mascot of The Learning Company after all! Reader Rabbit is the main character of the game and the series started in 1984. The series is primarily aimed at preschoolers and there was even a series made for older kids in 1998 called The ClueFinders (which is technically its spiritual successor). This franchise has been hailed as one of the most effective edutainment gaming franchises and you can see why, the cast is engaging and the gameplay is just nostalgic and fun. Heck, even the characters fit in with the PBS Kids multiverse just well.

As for how Reader Rabbit can fight, I can envision him as a light middleweight who is a glass cannon. He would excel at making combos and what but I can imagine him having some zoning due to how he solves problems. So, I guess a bit of a hit-and-run playstyle is optimal with him.

As for his gimmick/quirk:

Inventory Usage/Puzzle Solver

Similar to the Reader Rabbit games, you must use your inventory which you will get various items throughout your fight from the Reader Rabbit games and such to help you. They each can do something like buff your stats, help you attack fighters, etc. It would be similar to Shovel Knight's moveset from Rivals of Aether but without a currency in a way. We can throw in some reference to the games being point-and-click games but that may be tricky to incorporate.

He's an obvious choice but the most iconic.

As for other ideas for Learning Company characters, you have characters from:

• Super Solvers
  • The ClueFinders
  • Super Seekers
  • Zoombinis
  • The Trail Series (if you want to)
  • Some of the other original one-off puzzle games
A lot of choices! As for what to expect, that'll be announced once we start voting so get submitting! ;)

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
For my submission, I introduce... The ClueFinders
The_ClueFinders.jpg

The Learning Company's series for 3rd-6th graders (paralleling Reader Rabbit's younger audience), ClueFinders stars the titular club of young detectives who have gotten into all sorts of fantastical adventures! They've even had a brief encounter with Carmen Sandiego at one point, granting them something of a pre-existing PBS connection. The games have been praised and won awards for both their educational and entertaining content, making them true "edutainment" superstars.

Their unique gimmick is the same Inventory/Puzzle mechanics proposed by Altered for Reader Rabbit, given that their games are just "big kid" versions of his games in a way. It also still fits within their occupation as detectives. As for how they're presented, all four of their costumes is for a different member of the team. (The founder and leader, Joni Savage, is the default costume)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, side note, I don't want to sound like I'm stealing anyone else's ideas, but I think the whole inventory-puzzle solving gimmick can work for Katie Cadet too, in addition to her Star Fox fighter playstyle.

Last edited:

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
Zoombinis

I recall seeing them in Kid Pix, and it surprised me that they have a game series of their own.

Unlike Katie Cadet, Reader Rabbit, and the Cluefinders, my unique gimmick I have for them is one similar to Olimar and the Pikmin, where you'd control a leader and your followers would strengthen your attacks

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Well, here it comes!......

Job 443: Well, since we've got time for seconds, the time has finally come for things to get really exciting for Learner's Pass Vol. 2. For this one, you are to submit a character from an original Learning Company game or game series to be added as our first guest fighter in Learner's Pass Vol. 2 AND as our 2nd guest fighter overall! (Just make sure it's not a character that's from a Learning Company game based on any other licensed property, we're not crossing that boundary for this time, sorry!) As with any other character job, please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission

Katie Cadet (Starflyers)

Being the alter ego of the highly imagination-filled Katherine Cadell, Katie Cadet is perhaps the universe's top guardian and a skilled spaceship pilot, travelling across different planets across the galaxy along with her other crewmates AJ, Io, and Klanker to thwart the evil plans of the Evil Vexar. How much she's well known in the whole universe is up to contention, though Reader Rabbit's friend, Sam the Lion once mentioned her as if she's a outer space celebrity and a legandary space guardian.

Why I picked her? Well, she looks like one of those edutainment characters who actually looks suitable for combat, plus she's jsut cute! Her only two games are also pretty obscure too.

For her gameplay style? She can play kinda like the Star Fox characters, lightweight and close-quarter combo game. She could even summon the powers of AJ (Randomizer attacks), Io (Fire breathing and flight), and Klanker (Super-strength).
Learning Company Character

Reader Rabbit

View attachment 388095

I know we have been adding a lot of animal-themed characters but...I mean, he is the mascot of The Learning Company after all! Reader Rabbit is the main character of the game and the series started in 1984. The series is primarily aimed at preschoolers and there was even a series made for older kids in 1998 called The ClueFinders (which is technically its spiritual successor). This franchise has been hailed as one of the most effective edutainment gaming franchises and you can see why, the cast is engaging and the gameplay is just nostalgic and fun. Heck, even the characters fit in with the PBS Kids multiverse just well.

As for how Reader Rabbit can fight, I can envision him as a light middleweight who is a glass cannon. He would excel at making combos and what but I can imagine him having some zoning due to how he solves problems. So, I guess a bit of a hit-and-run playstyle is optimal with him.

As for his gimmick/quirk:

Inventory Usage/Puzzle Solver

Similar to the Reader Rabbit games, you must use your inventory which you will get various items throughout your fight from the Reader Rabbit games and such to help you. They each can do something like buff your stats, help you attack fighters, etc. It would be similar to Shovel Knight's moveset from Rivals of Aether but without a currency in a way. We can throw in some reference to the games being point-and-click games but that may be tricky to incorporate.

He's an obvious choice but the most iconic.

As for other ideas for Learning Company characters, you have characters from:

• Super Solvers
  • The ClueFinders
  • Super Seekers
  • Zoombinis
  • The Trail Series (if you want to)
  • Some of the other original one-off puzzle games
A lot of choices! As for what to expect, that'll be announced once we start voting so get submitting! ;)
For my submission, I introduce... The ClueFinders
View attachment 388096

The Learning Company's series for 3rd-6th graders (paralleling Reader Rabbit's younger audience), ClueFinders stars the titular club of young detectives who have gotten into all sorts of fantastical adventures! They've even had a brief encounter with Carmen Sandiego at one point, granting them something of a pre-existing PBS connection. The games have been praised and won awards for both their educational and entertaining content, making them true "edutainment" superstars.

Their unique gimmick is the same Inventory/Puzzle mechanics proposed by Altered for Reader Rabbit, given that their games are just "big kid" versions of his games in a way. It also still fits within their occupation as detectives. As for how they're presented, all four of their costumes is for a different member of the team. (The founder and leader, Joni Savage, is the default costume)
Zoombinis

I recall seeing them in Kid Pix, and it surprised me that they have a game series of their own.

Unlike Katie Cadet, Reader Rabbit, and the Cluefinders, my unique gimmick I have for them is one similar to Olimar and the Pikmin, where you'd control a leader and your followers would strengthen your attacks
Super Seeker

Boy, if he gets in, he's maybe gonna represent the really old school game era, lol, DOS is very old, but yet very nostalgic

Perhaps he'd be like Mr. Game and Watch, where's he's entirely a sprite? That would be very unique and fun.
Alright, I will close submissions. It's time to vote so you know the drill by now! Vote for your top 2 but you can only put your own in second!

Katie Cadet (Starflyers) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Space Animal with Inventory Usage Gimmick

Reader Rabbit AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Inventory Usage/Puzzle Solver

The ClueFinders Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick: Inventory Usage/Puzzle Solver

Zoombinis CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick: Olimar/Pikmin (Leader and Follower-esque) Gimmick

Super Seeker IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick: Sprite-aesthetics.

Now, onto the next few jobs:

So....for The Learning Company Guest Character DLC pack, there will be:

• 5 stages
    • One based on the fighter's home series, two based on other Learning Company games, one based on the old school adventure/puzzle games and one based on a PBS Kids licensed game made by The Learning Company
  • 4 assists
    • One based on the fighter's home series, two based on other Learning Company games, and one based on the old-school adventure/puzzle games
  • 5 items
    • One based on the fighter's home series, two based on other Learning Company games, one based on the old school adventure/puzzle games and one based on a PBS Kids licensed game made by The Learning Company
  • 5 Event Matches based on the content
  • The Story Mode Chapter of course
  • 5 Legacy Skins
    • One for The Learning Company fighter where the fighter gets a skin based on another Learning Company IP or a PBS Kids IP and four for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! PBS Kids fighters based on Learning Company characters, games, etc.
  • PBS Kids Archives stuff (we will discuss about this)
  • Tie-in products (to mark this AWESOME revival)
  • And....the SPECIAL SURPRISE by me!
Now....for a discussion...

Discussion (Please try and answer!)

How would you like to do PBS Kids Archives content for Learning Company characters? Should we just ignore website games and just do video games head-on? Should we create original PBS Kids-esque Learning Company website games for The Learning Company franchises? Should we do a one-off Learning Company special? This is kind of a discussion about general PBS Kids Archives stuff for the Learning Company character.

And onto another exciting job....

Job 444:

After we are done with a Learning Company character, we will be doing the first mini-guest Party Pack in between this fighter and the fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter! This is a guest DLC pack for any piece of kids' media or something related to PBS Kids getting guest content...without adding a fighter! It's for any media block that would not work within the context of PBS Kids: Brawltime! with a fighter with a small amount of content as the pack will only cost about $5.00 ish.

With this, you must:

• Post a picture and the name of the TV block/kids media category/kids network/etc. you want to get the mini-guest Party Pack.
  • Why this company should get the mini-guest Party Pack
  • Explain the content distribution:
    • Your content pack can have NO MORE than 6 pieces of content so....for each piece of content's limits...
      • Up to 2 stages MAX
      • Up to 1 assist MAX
      • 1/2 items (you must forfeit the assist then)
      • 1/2 Legacy Skins
  • There WILL be PBS Kids Archives content added as well!
With that being said, get submitting and voting and use your imagination!

Votes:

1. ClueFinders (I WAS going to submit them initially but I feel they fit the platfighter atmosphere better.)
2. Reader Rabbit (Self-vote but you gotta go with the mascot here for sure.)

All the choices are great. Katie Cadet is cool but I feel Katie being added may clash with The Zula Patrol given they play like spacies. Same with The Zoombinis and how we have the wombats who are like Olimar/Pikmin.

Mini-Guest Party Pack Company

PBS Adult Block

Public-Broadcasting-Service-Logo-2002.png

Ok...I know some people had reservations about this but....this is the PERFECT chance to represent PBS's adult block. The shows on here have been referenced a decent amount of times across PBS Kids shows. We had Bob Ross from The Joy of Painting in Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum, Dan Elias from Antiques Roadshow guest-starring on Between the Lions once, etc. We will have to pick the shows we represent and be VERY case-by-case with it but it can be fun. We got The Joy of Painting, Antiques Roadshow, NOVA, Masterpiece Theater, etc. It's time to REALLY stretch our imaginations here and give something to the adults here too!

Content:

• 2 stages
  • 2 Items
  • 2 Legacy Skins for the PBS Kids fighters based on the PBS Adult Block shows

I will answer the discussion question later as I wanted to get this up and I have more things to do at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom