• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: OmniBrawl (The Ultimate Crossover Platform Fighter)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Mario Costumes
1. Builder
2. Vacation
3. Trunks

Luigi Costumes
1. Strikers
2. Mr. L
3. Knight

Bowser Costumes
1. Dry
2. Wedding
3. King Koopa

Paper Mario Costume
1. Helmet

Job 14:Vocaloid

images.jpeg

Vocaloid is a voicr synthesizer software product,created by Yamaha Corporation,and there are a lot of characters.

Fighter:Hatsune Miku

img_MIKU_us.png

The fighter is the most iconic virtual singer and the most popular by internet,Hatsune Miku.

AlRex

Smash Lord
New Franchise: The Simpsons
The_Simpsons_yellow_logo.png

You know full well what this series is, but just in case: it started as a series of shorts on the Tracy Ullman Show in the late 80's before becoming a show in 1989. It's the longest running prime-time animated show, still running to this day, and it's a sitcom centered around the titular family, as well as the various other strange citizens and settings in the city of Springfield. Where is Springfield? Nobody knows.

Fighter: Tough choice between him and Bart for the first one, but I ultimately went with Homer Simpson.
homer-dance.png

He is the father of the titular Simpson family, he enjoys donuts, beer, bowling, TV, and eating in general. He works at a nuclear power plant, he's clumsy and rage-prone, but ultimately, he cares for his family. Even if he often has odd or beligerent ways of showing it. While there isn't an official straight-up fighting game, there is the classic arcade beat-em-up, the infamous wrestling game, and a platformer, aptly titled "The Simpsons Game" to serve as some inspiration, not to mention the numerous years of episodes, and even further side material like other games, comics, the movie. As well, there is even a MUGEN version of Homer, meaning he has an unofficial fighting game appearance, but I don't think that fully counts, though it can be looked to for some moves. Try not to copy it too much, though. If "The Simpsons Wrestling", or even the MUGEN appearance counts, I could swap him and his series out for another option...

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Vacation
2. Builder
3. Trunks

1. Mr. L
2. Knight
3. Strikers

1. Classic
2. Dry
3. Wedding

1. Samurai

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Universe: Doctor Who
Screenshot 2022-08-26 5.32.21 PM.png

This series is one of the most popular sci fi shows of all time, and another reason to add it in is because the 60th anniversary of this show is coming out this year. But out of 60 years of Doctors,Companions and Monsters, who will I pick?
Fighter: The Doctor
Doctor Who – Fourth Doctor / Characters - TV Tropes

I decided to pick the Fourth Doctor as the default costume for the Doctor. He would be a character that focuses on speed and dodging rather than landing hits. When he does decide to attack, it's usually does little damage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Franchise: The Simpsons
View attachment 368555
You know full well what this series is, but just in case: it started as a series of shorts on the Tracy Ullman Show in the late 80's before becoming a show in 1989. It's the longest running prime-time animated show, still running to this day, and it's a sitcom centered around the titular family, as well as the various other strange citizens and settings in the city of Springfield. Where is Springfield? Nobody knows.

Fighter: Tough choice between him and Bart for the first one, but I ultimately went with Homer Simpson.
View attachment 368556

He is the father of the titular Simpson family, he enjoys donuts, beer, bowling, TV, and eating in general. He works at a nuclear power plant, he's clumsy and rage-prone, but ultimately, he cares for his family. Even if he often has odd or beligerent ways of showing it. While there isn't an official straight-up fighting game, there is the classic arcade beat-em-up, the infamous wrestling game, and a platformer, aptly titled "The Simpsons Game" to serve as some inspiration, not to mention the numerous years of episodes, and even further side material like other games, comics, the movie. As well, there is even a MUGEN version of Homer, meaning he has an unofficial fighting game appearance, but I don't think that fully counts, though it can be looked to for some moves. Try not to copy it too much, though. If "The Simpsons Wrestling", or even the MUGEN appearance counts, I could swap him and his series out for another option...
MUGEN Does not count but unfortunately I will have count Simpsons Wrestling.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Mario Costumes:
1. Builder
2. Shadow
3. Chef

Paper Mario Costumes:
1. Samurai

Luigi Costumes:
1. Mr. L
2. Strikers
3. Gooigi

Bowser Costumes:
1. Dry
2. King Koopa
3. Wedding

Job #14: Animaniacs

Animaniacs is one of the best variety cartoons out there, with 99 episodes, a 36 episode reboot lasting from 2020 to 2022, a direct-to-video movie and a variety of segments, Animaniacs will make you sit back and relax, then laugh till you collapse.

Fighter: Yakko, Wakko, & Dot
Debut: "De-Zanitized" (September 13, 1993)

Created back in the 30's and locked till the 90's (and later the 2020's), The Warner Brothers and the Warner Sister are animaney and totally insaney, bringing mayhem and running amok. For their moveset in Omnibrawl, it'll contain references to the show and cartoony gags too. They'll also have a playstyle like how Pokémon Trainer plays in Smash, with the ability to switch to one Warner to another.

AlRex

Smash Lord
MUGEN Does not count but unfortunately I will have count Simpsons Wrestling.
Ahh dang, well, here's a substitute, which I know for a fact, has no fighting games.
1677201264019.png

The Muppets!
This series has a lot of wild, strange characters, with all of them coming together to perform a variety show, make it in show business, and even make movies together, ranging from classic literature like Treasure Island and the Christmas Carol, to stories of their rise and comeback, and even Great Muppet Capers. The Muppets' ranks include various animals, humans(?), and other types of creatures, and range in jobs from chefs to scientists to rock stars to stunt artists to comedians and more. But the mild-mannered showrunner who helps put all of this chaos together, is none other than...

Fighter: Kermit the Frog!
Kermit-the-Frog.png

Kermit is exactly what I said, and he came from humble beginnings, playing his banjo in the swamps. He's not exactly known for fighting, but he has taken a lot of punishment, especially at the hands of diva/on-and-off romantic partner, Miss Piggy. He has also gone on a surprising amount of adventures, pulling off heists, fighting pirates, becoming a secret agent, turning into monsters, and even travelling through time and fighting knights, dinosaurs and more, simple through super jumps and paper airplanes, in that case. As well, he also has shown up majorly in two other shows, first debuting on Sam & Friends in the 1950's before even The Muppet Show, and also frequently visiting Sesame Street, the other famous Muppet show, teaching kids about letters, numbers, emotions, and other things, being a news reporter, and sometimes getting angry at Cookie Monster, Grover, and even Elmo. With all of this experience under his lighter-green collar, I'm sure he could absolutely prove himself to be a skilled fighter in this massive crossover, as odd as it may seem at first.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Character Costumes

Mario
Swim Trunks 2
Sprite Accurate
Chef 1
Builder 8
Shadow 2
Vacation 5

Paper Mario
Helmet 1
Samurai 2

Luigi
Gooigi 1
Mr. L 8
Kitsune
Strikers 6
Knight 3

Bowser
Classic 3
Hammer Slam
Dry 8
King Koopa 3
Wedding 4

Builder, Samurai, Mr. L and Dry Bowser are the costumes

Not sure if this counts but…

Mickey Mouse and Friends (Mickey Mouse Universe)

Mickey-Mouse-logo.png

I wanted to go for an IP that was not really represented all that much in platform fighters. Given we have a Disney platform fighter creation thread and that there has not been really much Disney fighting games/platform fighters, Mickey Mouse feels like the perfect IP to join OmniBrawl and for those wanting a 4th party IP in a Smash Bros title. Mickey Mouse's universe has lots of characters, locations, etc. for this game for sure.

Fighter: Mickey Mouse

mickey-mouse-logo-901E6DD420-seeklogo.com.png

Well...duh, it's gonna be the mouse himself. He would probably be a beginner's character with a basic magic projectile so....a basic shoto apparently.
Mario Costumes
1. Builder
2. Vacation
3. Trunks

Luigi Costumes
1. Strikers
2. Mr. L
3. Knight

Bowser Costumes
1. Dry
2. Wedding
3. King Koopa

Paper Mario Costume
1. Helmet

Job 14:Vocaloid

View attachment 368547

Vocaloid is a voicr synthesizer software product,created by Yamaha Corporation,and there are a lot of characters.

Fighter:Hatsune Miku

View attachment 368548

The fighter is the most iconic virtual singer and the most popular by internet,Hatsune Miku.
Universe: Doctor Who
View attachment 368565
This series is one of the most popular sci fi shows of all time, and another reason to add it in is because the 60th anniversary of this show is coming out this year. But out of 60 years of Doctors,Companions and Monsters, who will I pick?
Fighter: The Doctor
View attachment 368566
I decided to pick the Fourth Doctor as the default costume for the Doctor. He would be a character that focuses on speed and dodging rather than landing hits. When he does decide to attack, it's usually does little damage.
Mario Costumes:
1. Builder
2. Shadow
3. Chef

Paper Mario Costumes:
1. Samurai

Luigi Costumes:
1. Mr. L
2. Strikers
3. Gooigi

Bowser Costumes:
1. Dry
2. King Koopa
3. Wedding

Job #14: Animaniacs

Animaniacs is one of the best variety cartoons out there, with 99 episodes, a 36 episode reboot lasting from 2020 to 2022, a direct-to-video movie and a variety of segments, Animaniacs will make you sit back and relax, then laugh till you collapse.

Fighter: Yakko, Wakko, & Dot
Debut: "De-Zanitized" (September 13, 1993)

Created back in the 30's and locked till the 90's (and later the 2020's), The Warner Brothers and the Warner Sister are animaney and totally insaney, bringing mayhem and running amok. For their moveset in Omnibrawl, it'll contain references to the show and cartoony gags too. They'll also have a playstyle like how Pokémon Trainer plays in Smash, with the ability to switch to one Warner to another.
Ahh dang, well, here's a substitute, which I know for a fact, has no fighting games.
View attachment 368582
The Muppets!
This series has a lot of wild, strange characters, with all of them coming together to perform a variety show, make it in show business, and even make movies together, ranging from classic literature like Treasure Island and the Christmas Carol, to stories of their rise and comeback, and even Great Muppet Capers. The Muppets' ranks include various animals, humans(?), and other types of creatures, and range in jobs from chefs to scientists to rock stars to stunt artists to comedians and more. But the mild-mannered showrunner who helps put all of this chaos together, is none other than...

Fighter: Kermit the Frog!
View attachment 368585
Kermit is exactly what I said, and he came from humble beginnings, playing his banjo in the swamps. He's not exactly known for fighting, but he has taken a lot of punishment, especially at the hands of diva/on-and-off romantic partner, Miss Piggy. He has also gone on a surprising amount of adventures, pulling off heists, fighting pirates, becoming a secret agent, turning into monsters, and even travelling through time and fighting knights, dinosaurs and more, simple through super jumps and paper airplanes, in that case. As well, he also has shown up majorly in two other shows, first debuting on Sam & Friends in the 1950's before even The Muppet Show, and also frequently visiting Sesame Street, the other famous Muppet show, teaching kids about letters, numbers, emotions, and other things, being a news reporter, and sometimes getting angry at Cookie Monster, Grover, and even Elmo. With all of this experience under his lighter-green collar, I'm sure he could absolutely prove himself to be a skilled fighter in this massive crossover, as odd as it may seem at first.
Mickey
Vocaloid
Doctor Who
Animaniacs
Muppets

Vote for your top 2

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Muppets 9
Mickey 7
Doctor Who 5

Muppets is the next series