• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Nintendo VS Playstation!

Which designs should Link & Kratos use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Otoad64

Smash Lord
what would happen if Nintendo and Playstation were to collaberate on a fighting game that pits their characters against eachother? Well, that's up to us to decide, as we have been contacted by the two companies to develop a game that takes inspiration from both Super Smash Bros. and Playstation All-Stars.

This thread, like most of the other threads, operates on jobs, which participants can submit ideas for, we will then vote on which ideas to use.

Jobs will focus on:
-Characters
-Stages
-Mechanics
-Modes

Confirmed Roster:

Nintendo VS Playstation Roster.png

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Please Vote on which design Link and Kratos will use in the above poll. This will also impact their movesets.

Job 2:

Submit a Nintendo character and a Playstation character. They can be any character owned by Nintendo or Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 2:

Nintendo character:
Samus Aran

Samus is one of Nintendo's most iconic characters. And she has a large arsenal to pull from for a moveset ranging from missiles, to power bombs, to an ice beam.

Playstation character:
Astro Bot

Astro Bot is one of Playstation's more recent characters, being the poster boy for the Playstation VR and having a pack-in title for the Playstation 5, so I think he makes sense to be included.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 1: voted for Breath of the Wild and Bearded Kratos, although if alt outfits are a thing by all means bring the other two in as options.

Job 2:

Donkey Kong

DK.png

As tempted as I was to bring in either Bowser or Luigi, if we're talking Nintendo characters who should be in, Donkey Kong has barrel loads of reasons.

Donkey Kong's one of Nintendo's most successful IPs, he is one of the most well known video game characters ever and his namesake is the debut of arguably the most famous video game character ever in Mario. It'd be bananas to not include such an iconic character.

Go ape for Donkey Kong!

Parappa

Parappa.png

Pararappa is one of Sony's notable early successes and the first true rhythm game star.

Parappa has thrown down with the likes of Kratos, Sackboy, Nathan Drake and Ratchet in the past, and he's here to lay down some sick nasty beats on his opponents be they from Sony or Nintendo.

Maybe Donkey Kong can give him a beat on the bongos to rap to in a reveal trailer should these two make it in?

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
alright, submissions will continue for the next 12 or so hours, if we don't get too many submissions in that time I'll have to extend it though

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm gonna be that guy. Here's some ridiculous choices for you!

For Team Nintendo:
1618118616464.png

The Prince of Sable (From Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru)
Starring in a Japan-exclusive Game Boy game, the Prince is a relatively dim-witted noble who goes on a quest to save the kidnapped Princess Tiramisu and win her love before his rival can! Over the course of his journey, the Prince gains the ability to transform into both a Frog and a Snake.

And for Team PlayStation:
1618119153352.png

Vibri (From Vib-Ribbon)
Starring in a musical rhythm game, Vibri is a rabbit who runs to the beat of music, dodging obstacles along the way! If she plays successfully, she can transform into a Queen, but if she keeps messing up, she'll devolve into a frog...and then into a lowly worm!

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna choose two pretty obscure (as of right now--) characters.

Byleth Chibi-Robo

It's Chibi-Robo, what else could you want? He's a cute robot! And he'd be the perfect rival for Sackboy! Not as much star power as say, Kirby, I feel he's known enough for people to have at least seen the character before. Despite that, I just like Chibi, and I think he has potential for a great moveset! Admittedly though, I haven't played many of his games, not even his original GameCube debut game weirdly enough. Still would be a cool inclusion. Though, his recent game Chibi-Robo: Three Houses is pretty good.

Jak & Daxter

We have Ratchet & Clank as the Insomniac PS2 duo, so make way for the Naughty Dog duo! The Jak franchise is iconic, maybe not Ratchet levels of iconic, but it's up there, and more than deserving of joining the roster (In my opinion)! It's also a franchise I'm fond of, so that's pretty cool. So may Jak and the otzel or weasel, er I mean Daxter, join the battle!

For which design Link and Kratos should have, I think it's both. However, that's only if we get alternate costumes in the game, because I feel like echo-fighters would be "meh".

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
This sounds like a thread I would participate in. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Nintendo and Playstation are far from balanced, so there will be a partiality towards Nintendo. Having said that, my vote for Job 1 is Ocarina of Time/ Original God of War, and my submission for Job 2 is Diddy Kong:

1618168590634.png

Since someone submitted Donkey Kong, I thought I would capitalize on the opportunity to suggest his partner, who is well near indispensable to him, in my opinion. Diddy Kong debuted in Donkey Kong Country as a sidekick, but has since followed in his partner's footsteps by starring in the very next Country game. He is nimble, small, and knowledgeable in the use of weapons, including dual peanut popguns and a rocket-powered backpack. He can battle with the best of them, whether armed, or 'on the fly.'

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
alright, voting time!

please vote for your top 3 Nintendo submissions and your top 2 Playstation submissions. 1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd place is worth 2 points and 3rd place is worth a single point, and you can only vote for your own in last place

Nintendo:
Samus Aran Otoad64 Otoad64
Donkey Kong YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Prince Sable Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Chibi-Robo TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
Diddy Kong Doc Monocle Doc Monocle

Playstation:
Astro Bot Otoad64 Otoad64
Parappa YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Vibri Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Jak & Daxter TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
alright, voting time!

please vote for your top 3 Nintendo submissions and your top 2 Playstation submissions. 1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd place is worth 2 points and 3rd place is worth a single point

Nintendo:
Samus Aran Otoad64 Otoad64
Donkey Kong YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Prince Sable Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Chibi-Robo TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
Diddy Kong Doc Monocle Doc Monocle

Playstation:
Astro Bot Otoad64 Otoad64
Parappa YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Vibri Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Jak & Daxter TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
Hmm, okay.

Nintendo:
  1. Chibi-Robo
  2. DK
  3. Samus
PlayStation:
  1. Jak & Daxter
  2. Parappa

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Nintendo:
  1. Samus Aran
  2. Chibi-Robo
  3. Donkey Kong
PlayStation:
  1. Astro Bot
  2. Vibri
I think Jak and Daxtar are absolutely deserving too(in fact after Parappa they were going to be my pick for PlayStation) but I kind of like a few more odd balls on the roster, and Vibri sounds just crazy enough to provide that.

Sable Prince and Diddy are really solid Nintendo options with the former being a great oddball choice but I feel we need to get those bigger names in first...and I can't vote Diddy before DK, even if I like the guy more. It'd be like Luigi before Mario!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
oops! a bit late but our new characters are Donkey Kong and Parappa! congratulations YoshiandToad YoshiandToad !

Link and Kratos will both be using their most recent appearances as well.
Nintendo VS Playstation Roster.png

anyway, moving on to Job 3: Submit character moveset.

For the sake of simplicity, we will be assuming movesets work like Smash, but with the leveled Supers of Playstation All-Stars

you can submit up to 3 character movesets, and please don't just copy and paste the movesets from Smash/PSAS. You may take elements but to set this game apart they must have major differences.

If you want, you may only submit the Specials and Supers for a given character.

But, since I know some might not be interested, here is Job 4

Job 4: Submit a Nintendo or Playstation homestage.

please submit one stage from Nintendo or one from Playstation.

By "homestage" I mean it must be from one of the series currently represented with a fighter

Please Include:

-The Stage's layout

-Any hazards

-Any background cameos

-3 music tracks that can be played on the stage

-Why the stage should be included

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
JOB 4:
Hmm, okay. LittleBIGPlanet is one of my favorite series ever, so I decided to make a stage for it.

The Gardens (LittleBIGPlanet)

Taking slight inspiration from PSABR, we have The Gardens from LBP! The stage has multiple platforms, and the stage has a "crafted" sort of aesthetic. The stage changes as the game goes on, as the PopIt changes the themes. For hazards, occasionally enemies from the series will appear on the stage, going from side to side. You have to jump on these to get rid of them, although they disappear by themselves after about a minute.

Music Tracks:
1. The Gardens - Sackboy: A Big Adventure
2. Get It Together! - LittleBIGPlanet
3. Sleepy Head - LittleBIGPlanet

I think it should be included since it represents a major PlayStation franchise, and it represents it well, with the look and feel of the stage, and it's the very first level you play through in the Story Mode of the first LittleBIGPlanet. For background cameos, The King is seen sometimes. And the Negativitron is seen occasionally, and sometimes Swoop flies across the stage.

I'd make a Sackboy moveset, but this took a bit.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 4:
Nintendo Stage: Viridian Forest (Pokemon: Red & Blue)

This stage is set in Viridian Forest, the layout includes walkoffs, as well as trees that can be used as platforms.

Occasionally, a Beedrill will appear on the stage and attack the fighters with Poison Sting, shooting small projectiles at them, before disappearing.

In the background various Kanto Bug Types can be seen, as well as Bug Catchers.

This stage should be included because it's a very iconic location from the original Pokemon games.

Music:
Wild Battle Theme - Pokemon Red & Blue
Johto Wild Battle Theme - Pokemon Gold & Silver
Main Theme - Pokemon Red & Blue

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
My stage submission is Fruity Factory from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It may not be one of the most significant or iconic locations, but I think it would make for a very fun and interesting stage.
1618351780268.png

The layout features one main platform in the center of the stage, with a semi-solid platform suspended above it in the middle (think Smashville without the moving platform). If hazards are turned on, large fruits will occasionally be launched into the air over the pits on the sides of the stage. These fruits serve as platforms for as long as they are present. Background cameos may include Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky (provided that none of them join the roster later on) as well as various Snowmads.

Music options:
Fruity Factory - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [OST] - YouTube
Jelly Jamboree - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [OST] - YouTube
Punch Bowl - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [OST] - YouTube

Otoad64

Smash Lord
reminder that we are also submitting movesets! Only the Specials and Supers are neccesary. I would prefer to get all of the characters we currently have out of the way before we add another character, so both jobs will remain open until we get at least one moveset per character.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
My specials and supers for Donkey Kong, Samus, and Mario are as follows (I had the idea of mapping supers to directional inputs in a similar way to specials, but if I am jumping too far ahead, then pretend I made no such labelling):

Donkey Kong:

Up special: Donkey Kong lifts a barrel over his head and carries it for as long as the applicable button (A.B.) is held ( Otoad64 Otoad64 ,you never specified a console/controller, did you?). The player may move, jump, and roll (by 'tapping' the control stick to either side). Releasing the A.B. causes Donkey Kong to throw the barrel in an arc to his front. Upon reaching the ground, the barrel bursts if the landing site is well below Donkey Kong, sending splinters out near the point of impact; or rolls along the ground slowly if the barrel falls a short distance. There may only be two barrels on the stage at once.

Neutral special: Similar to his punch in Smash Bros., Donkey Kong winds his arm around to power a gargantuan, forward fist strike, and he may cancel the wind-up into a dodge. The differences...

1. He cannot store the charge for later, as he could in Smash Bros.

2. The wind-up may continue ad infinitum by holding the A.B. (of course, without any gain in power after a certain stage of wind-up).

3. A fully wound punch penetrates shields.

Down Special: Who can ignore the ground slap? While grounded, Donkey Kong performs his ground slam animation from the original Country game. It is not extendable, as it is in Smash Bros. After slapping the ground, Donkey Kong causes a nearby, grounded opponent to fall through the platform he is on. 'Tapping' the A.B. results in the ground slam from Donkey Kong Country Returns, which stuns an opponent, but does no damage. It is quicker, but extremely short-ranged (Perhaps one or two mites better than Jigglypuff's Rest). Inputting the down special in the air causes Donkey Kong to slam the ground upon landing, but merely blows nearby opponents away with no damage dealt (inspired by his level entrance from Donkey Kong Country Returns).

Side special: Donkey Kong Rolls forward to attack. The momentum can be used to boost his jump distance in the direction of travel.

Down super (or Level 1): Donkey Kong beats his chest. He then temporarily becomes highly flinch-resistant, but moves more slowly.

Neutral/Side super: Donkey Kong reaches in front of him, and he grabs a nearby opponent. He then flings them in a direction inputted by the player. The opponent cannot recover early from the throw, and must endure the full launch distance.

Up super (or Level 3): Donkey Kong performs a flurry of punches in agreement with how rapidly the player taps the A.B. He finishes with a very strong punch that knocks the opponent a distance away.

(That was too long. I shall condense the movesets for the remaining two by using phrases in places instead of sentences.)
-------------------------

Samus:

Up special: Screw Attack. Can be extended by tapping A.B. in time with end of animation. Can be repeated up to 3 times. Invulnerable to weak attacks during Screw Attack. Mistimed input or exhaustion of repetitions results in helpless fall. Very high priority and vertical distance.

Neutral Special: Charge Shot. Tapping A.B. causes weak shot from arm cannon. Holding A.B. charges cannon. Samus can run, jump, and angle the attack in any direction while charging. Operates similarly for different firing modes (later). While arm cannon is in missile firing mode, A.B. launches a missile by 'tapping,' and a super missile by holding A.B. Super missile penetrates shields, but has longer start-up (both missiles ammunition based).

Side special: Samus runs forward while A.B. Velocity increases gradually. Nearly useless on small surfaces. When Samus flashes, she is invulnerable and falls through platforms, and running into opponents damages, knocks them back, and penetrates shields, depending on velocity. Input can be made for a high jump or forward rush while flashing. Highly susceptible to self-destruction and punishment after doing so.

Down special: Stance. Morph Ball. Samus curls into signature morph ball form. Rolls along ground with control stick. shrunken hurt-box size. Sets bombs with A.B. normally, and super bombs while in missile firing mode (both bombs are ammunition based). Holding A.B. scatters bombs around Samus. Cancel with up input.

Level 1 super: Firing mode toggle- Freezing/Wave-beam/Charge Shot (standard)/ Missile firing mode . (Freezing) Shots now freeze opponents with each hit. The attacks themselves are weaker though./ (Wave-beam) hit-box size on neutral special now oscillates with distance + increased power (consumes energy/AP with each shot)./ (Missile) Neutral special now fires missiles described earlier, and super bombs with large blast radii can now be set from Morph Ball.

Level 2 super: Tether (on/off). Increases lag and range of grab. Samus can now tether onto walls and ledges for a limited time, as well as pull items toward her.

Level 3 super: Zero laser. Samus fires powerful beam that can be angled slightly. Drains all energy/AP, and has high end-lag, but causes extensive damage at long range, and covers a significant portion of the stage.

(If it all sounds 'carried away,' I know it does!)

--------------------------------

Mario:

Up Special: Stomp. Mario jumps upward and descends smoothly, but quickly, knocking down and bouncing off of whatever opponent he lands on. There is a chance that he will strike a POW block, or an item block on the way up, launching nearby, grounded opponents and shaking the screen, or dispensing an item, respectively.

Neutral Special: Fireball. Travels more quickly than in Smash Bros. Greater range. Very small hit-box size. Minimal damage. Bounces along the ground.

Side special: Mario slams hammer downward, knocking an opponent down with moderate damage. Quick for its power.

Down special: Spinning attack. Similar to what is seen in Smash Bros. 64.

Level 1 super: Fire Flower. Places a fire flower in Mario's hands.

Level 2 super: Mario squirts continuous stream of water from F.L.U.D.D. to push opponents away forcibly for as long as A.B. is held until energy/AP is depleted.

Level 3 super: Mario runs into a mega mushroom and grows to a large size. He can now attack opponents by stepping or jumping on them, in addition to his usual attacks.

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
JOB #3

I'mma try this. Sackboy's little, but also big, Specials and Supers. I tried, this is the very first moveset-type thing I've ever made, lol. Made it unique but also a little inspiration from PSABR.

Sackboy
d5kp0tp-913e3b0b-5c6e-4ae6-b839-0b56f65b60bc.png
Specials
Up special (Bounce Pad): Sackboy creates a bounce pad, which can be jumped on to gain greater height similarly to Sonic's Spring Jump in Smash.
Neutral special (Paintinator): The Paintinator. Shoots paint in a great range forward and has small knockback, and small damage. Whenever it hits an opponent, it leaves paint marks for a few seconds, then goes away. The paint's color depends on which alternate costume Sackboy's wearing. You have to reload it every 5 shots. (It'd be broken and O.P. if you didn't have to let it reload, I think.)
Side special (Pushing Fan): Sackboy creates a fan that pushes opponents away. It also pushes any projectiles, including Paintinator shots. It disappears quickly. It does no damage.
Down special (Nosedive): Sackboy performs a nosedive into the ground, pounding opponents.
Supers
Level One (Missile Creatinator):
Sackboy uses his Creatinator to shoot strong missiles at opponents.
Level Two (Coal Catastrophe): Uses his Pop-It to drop flaming coals onto the stage.
Level Three (Meltinator): Using the Meltinator, he fires an extremely hot acid blaster at anything in it's direction.

Took a while but first PlayStation rep moveset leeees gooooooooooo

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 3:

Pikachu:

Neutral Special: Thunderbolt
Pikachu releases a beam of electricity that shocks anyone who touches, it's especially ranged, and seeing as it stays attached to Pikachu it covers a lot of ground, but leaves Pikachui vulnerable.
Side Special: Volt Tackle
Pikachu charges forwardand an electrical aura forms around him, damaging anyone who touches him. HOWEVER this move will also slightly damage Pikachu
Up Special: Iron Tail
Pikachu leaps into the air, as his tail turns to steel, he then charge downward diagonally, tail first, hitting whoever the tail touches
Down Special: Thunder
Yeah, this is just pulled from Smash...

Level 1 Super: Gigavolt Havoc
Pikachu fires a massive beam of electricity from it's hand
Level 2 Super: Catastropika
Pikachu becomes surrounded in a ball of electricity, and then fires a massive electric laser which homes onto opponents, touching Pikachu will also cause damage
Level 3 Super: G-Max Volt Crash
Pikachu grows in size and become Gigantamax Pikachu, before a giant storm cloud appears in the sky and fires down a massive bolt of electricity that briefly stuns the opponent in addition to doing massive damage

Link:

WIP

Kirby

WIP

(Also Doc Monocle Doc Monocle , Samus isn't in the game, but feel free to resubmit that moveset if she does make it.)

Top Bottom