• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: "Nintendo vs. Capcom!"

What Gameplay we could implement in "NINTENDO vs. Capcom"?

• Total voters
Hello guys, Tankman Here.
Today were gonna make new Vs. Capcom game, but we have different universe to compete, which it's NINTENDO and Nintendo now collides with Capcom and this how it will Start?
(Inspired by Champion of Hyrule's Shonen Jump vs Capcom thread)

Our stuff so far.:
ROSTER:
Nintendo:
- Mario (Abilities: Power-Ups, athletic physique)
- Link (Abilities: Triforce, Sword and Bow wielding)
-Samus Aran (Abilities: Beam Shooting, Morph Ball)

• Donkey Kong (Abilities: Gorilla Strengh, Barrel Throwing)
  • Mr. Game and Watch (Abilities: Choppy Movement and attacking)
  • Little Mac (Abilities: Boxing skills, Giga-Mac transformation)

Capcom:
-
Ryu (Abilities: Martial Arts)
- Mega Man X (Ablities: Weapon Copying)

• Mega Man/Rock Man (Abilities: Weapon Copying)
  • Arthur (Abilities: Blocking Attacks, Lance Throwing)
  • Strider Hiryu (Abilities: Ninja Skills)
  • Nathan "Radd/Ladd" Spencer (Abilities: Grappling Arm, Shooting)

STAGES:

Last edited:
JOB 1: SUBMIT a 2 Nintendo Classic Newcomers, who debuted in 80's.

It must be Character from 80's Era of Nintendo like Samus or Donkey Kong.
(Mario and Link are Locked instantly into Roster).

Additional Info: It can be Side Character who would represent the Series instead of the Main one for example: Ridley over Samus.
(If you want to)

Last edited:
JOB 1:

Urban Champion (Urban Champion)

Urban Champion is Character from Nintendo's Old Game, Urban Champion. He is a Character, who fights other to become the Champion.
Since he is a Retro Rep, he could have old moves from OG game and newer Moves for him that could Reference other NES games like Ice Climbers or Balloon Fight. He coukd have Power Glove on his Right Hand.

Pit (Kid Icarus)
Pit is an Angel and Main Character from Kid Icarus Franchise. He is Palutena's Guard and he defends her even her Skyworld from Underworld's Attack's like Medusa's Army or Hades' Command.
His moveset for a Fighting Game would have moves Notably Taken for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Classic KI games. He could even fly as Gimmick to evade opponents' attacks.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Excitebike Racer
1635991015669.png

The ultimate rushdown fighter, Excitebike Racer's moveset is based essentially on the fact he's on a bike - kinda like how Mach Rider plays in Crusade - but takes advantage of it. Bonus points if he uses his bike as a melee weapon in certain attacks, like in Devil May Cry - that just seems genius to me.

Samus Aran
1635991106167.png

Sure, a lot of people would prefer her to have a moveset based on a "Fusion" of Super Metroid, Prime and Dread - but she is an 80s character. Being an equivalent to X in some ways, she differs simply because her moveset, as a whole, is based more on strategy - having to plan things out in advance. Bonus points if she gets a dedicated Morph Ball mode.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mr. Game & Watch

Simple fighter with lots of moveset material & a cool nod to part of Nintendo's history.

Soldier (Famicom Wars)

Something new to Nintendo Fighters & brings in a historic series about to see a reboot.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Excitebike Racer
View attachment 336663

The ultimate rushdown fighter, Excitebike Racer's moveset is based essentially on the fact he's on a bike - kinda like how Mach Rider plays in Crusade - but takes advantage of it. Bonus points if he uses his bike as a melee weapon in certain attacks, like in Devil May Cry - that just seems genius to me.

Samus Aran
View attachment 336664

Sure, a lot of people would prefer her to have a moveset based on a "Fusion" of Super Metroid, Prime and Dread - but she is an 80s character. Being an equivalent to X in some ways, she differs simply because her moveset, as a whole, is based more on strategy - having to plan things out in advance. Bonus points if she gets a dedicated Morph Ball mode.
I think the owner already submitted samus

Also Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds I’m curious, would this be a platform fighter or a traditional fighter, or are we gonna do a vote on the gameplay style later on?

I think the owner already submitted samus

Also Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds I’m curious, would this be a platform fighter or a traditional fighter, or are we gonna do a vote on the gameplay style later on?
Yes. We're gonna vote on it soon,

Umm, I'm sorry.
I already submitted Samus and KneeOfJustice99 submitted it, maybe I'll change into Something else, Okay?

Last edited:
End of Submittions:
Vote for your Top 4 Favorite:
Urban Champion: Me
Pit: Me
Baseballer: Mr. Robotto
Star Man: Mr. Robotto
Ayumi: airConditioner
Takamaru: airConditioner
Little Mac: Darkonedagger
Donkey Kong: Darkonedagger
ExciteBike Racer: KneeOfJustice99
Samus: KneeOfJustice99
Mr. G&W: nirvanafan
Wars Soldier: nirvanafan

Only 4 characters who won can pass to the Roster and rest who lost will be gone.

You can vote for your own at 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place.
My Votes:
1. Samus
2. Pit
3. Urban Champion
4. Excitebike Racer

Voting has Ended!
Results:
Urban Champion: 2 votes.
Pit: 3 votes.
Baseballer: 0 votes.
Star Man: 1 vote.
Ayumi: 3 votes.
Takamaru: 0 votes.
Little Mac: 3 votes.
Donkey Kong: 6 votes!
ExciteBiker:
2 votes.
Samus: 14 Votes!
Mr. G&W: 5 votes!
Wars Soldier:
0 votes.

Samus, DK and G&W are joining the Roster!
We have a tie between Little Mac and Ayumi as 4th character.

Additional Voting time!
My votes:
1. Little Mac
2. Ayumi

Voting Ended:
Little Mac: 10 Votes!
Ayumi: 9 Votes.

Little Mac Joins the NvC roster! Yeah babe!

Job 2: Submit 2 Capcom Newcomers or Veterans from 80's:

My submittions:
Mega Man/Rock Man

Mega Man is Iconic Character from Capcom series of Same Name. He is that robot who defeats Robot Master and defeats DR. Wily. He had many adventures at shooting enemies and he could copy their powers after robot master defeat.
His moveset could reference his Abilities like Leaf Barrier or Block Drop. He could be projectile Character like in Smash.

Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins)

Arthur is also Iconic Capcom character from Ghosts and Goblins Series. He is Knight that rescues Princess Prin-Prin from Various Monsters like Firebrand or etc. Arthur is based on King Arthur from British Legends.
His Moveset could be revolving around GnG franchise like Lance Throw or Stab the opponent. He could be even Knight-type Character in the Game due to having Armor that could block attacks without any problem.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Voting Ended:
Little Mac: 10 Votes!
Ayumi: 9 Votes.

Little Mac Joins the NvC roster! Yeah babe!

Job 2: Submit 2 Capcom Newcomers or Veterans from 80's:

My submittions:
Mega Man/Rock Man

Mega Man is Iconic Character from Capcom series of Same Name. He is that robot who defeats Robot Master and defeats DR. Wily. He had many adventures at shooting enemies and he could copy their powers after robot master defeat.
His moveset could reference his Abilities like Leaf Barrier or Block Drop. He could be projectile Character like in Smash.

Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins)

Arthur is also Iconic Capcom character from Ghosts and Goblins Series. He is Knight that rescues Princess Prin-Prin from Various Monsters like Firebrand or etc. Arthur is based on King Arthur from British Legends.
His Moveset could be revolving around GnG franchise like Lance Throw or Stab the opponent. He could be even Knight-type Character in the Game due to having Armor that could block attacks without any problem.
Hmm... I'm going to submit someone a bit weird:

1636327039527.png
1636327160472.png

"THIS IS AN MVC CHARACTER!!!"

Okay, you got me. Jokes aside - this character is SonSon, based on the game released in 1984. (The one shown specifically is SonSon III, but I digress) I suggest them because they're a bit of a more obscure part of Capcom's history, but also because it would be useful to base their moveset on their MVC counterpart.

To specify, this submission is for SonSon I, not III.

D

Deleted member

Nathan "Rad" Spencer

The protagonist of Bionic Commando. Not the edgy reboot version from the 2009 game but the original mustached version. He would fight using his bionic arm.

End of Submittions:
Megaman/Rockman: (Me)
Arthur: (me)
Mike Haggar: (nirvanafan)
Strider Hiryu: (nirvanafan)
SonSon I: (Kneeofjustice99)
Nathan Rad Spencer: (Darkonedagger)

Only 4 Characters pass to roster, while rest will be gone.
Vote for your top 4 Favorite characters! (Your submittion can be only at 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place)

My votes:
1. Strider Hiryu
2. Megaman
3. Arthur
4. Nathan Rad Spencer

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
End of Submittions:
Megaman/Rockman: (Me)
Arthur: (me)
Mike Haggar: (nirvanafan)
Strider Hiryu: (nirvanafan)
SonSon I: (Kneeofjustice99)
Nathan Rad Spencer: (Darkonedagger)

Only 4 Characters pass to roster, while rest will be gone.
Vote for your top 4 Favorite characters! (Your submittion can be only at 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place)

My votes:
1. Strider Hiryu
2. Megaman
3. Arthur
4. Nathan Rad Spencer
1. Mega Man
2. Arthur
3. Strider Hiryu
4. Nathan "Rad" Spencer

End of Results!
Megaman: 15 votes!
Arthur: 12 votes!

Strider: 9 Votes.
Mike Haggar: 2 Votes.
Radd Spencer: 3 Votes!
SonSon I: 0 votes.

Megaman, Arthur, Strider Hiryu and Radd Spencer are coming to the Roster!

Job 3:
Submit a Stage-
Hold on, we need to vote on what gameplay will we implement.
I'm gonna make a Poll like Champion of Hyrule said!

You need to vote on what style would you want in Nintendo vs. Capcom!

Yeah, due to my Unpatient Sense, the Traditional Fighter gameplay Wins!
Also, you can vote more if you want to.

Now, to the Job 3!
Submit a Stage for Mario and for Link!
The stage can have a Hazard to make the Gameplay more unique.

My submittions:
Mushroom Kingdom (Mario)

It would take place at Mushroom Kingdom in SMO design. The Cameos are Princess Peach, Luigi (If he wasn't playable), Toads and other Non-Playable Mario Characters in Background.
No Hazards here.

Hyrule Castle (Link)
The stage would take place at Hyrule Castle's roof like in Smash. The Cameos are Zelda, Impa (If she wasn't Playable), Mipha, Marin and other LoZ characters.
There are no Hazards here.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mario Stage
Bowser's Castle
A place based off the various incarnations of Bowser's castle with lava geysers at the end and bomb bombs to toss from the background. Enemies from across the Mario series cameo here.

Zelda Stage
Hyrule Fields
A picturesque meadow in middle if Hyrule where various horses and the like gallop freely, beware of bokoblins in the background that you can toss into opponents.

Top Bottom