• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards creates: Newgrounds All-stars Rumble (Newgrounds Smash Clone)

•Since this Idea is based on flash game "Newgrounds Rumble", why can't we just make a sequel of it, but in more Smash Bros-like style with Fighters, Stages, Items and etc.
•This game will bring various NG characters to fight for their glory like in NG Rumble.
•They can Duke it out like NG characters during the Big and Rumbling fight.
•Also I trapped Smashboards people to make new Newgrounds Smash Clone.
•The game, just like Ultimate, it will be 3D (Stages, Fighters, Items and etc.).
•It will also include Rollback Netcode, Crossplay and Smash techniques like Wavedashing.

Fighters:
  • Pico
  • Nene
  • Tankman
  • Hank Wimbleton
  • Grunt
  • Alien Hominid
  • Salad Fingers
  • Convict
  • Samurai A-Hole
  • Fancy Pants Man
  • Alloy
  • P-Bot
  • Piconjo
  • Tricky
  • Dad n Son
Items:
Stages:
Assists:

Last edited:
OMG, do people need to Ignore Newgrounds?
Darn, People heard about FNF on Newgrounds tho. This is very Unfair and doesn't make any sense.

Umm Hello, does people would want to see Perfection of Newgrounds?
Do people from SmashBoards hate Newgrounds or something? I don't really Understand.

WAIT, I REMEMBER A GAME LIKE THIS! Wasn't it called Newgrounds Rumble?

On that note, my own suggestion would be 25 - go for the "full monty" in a sense, why the hell not >:3

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner, it sort of got buried under other stuff... this seems like a hella cool idea though!
Yeah dude and thanks, this game is gonna be Newgrounds Rumble's Sequel, but on Consoles.

Okay, there goes the 25 fighter roster.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! Not being on mobile does make sense, to be honest - maybe you could pull a 90s SNK move and make it into a card game instead LMFAO

Jokes aside, that seems sweet as hell!
Okay, let's get to the Job 1 and 2!
Job 1 and 2 are on top of this Threat.

And if you want to make this work be perfect, hire others to join the NEWgrounds Project.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Waluigi

Sonic

Goku

Tiky

Tankman Mukbang

Isaac

Papa Louie

Meat Guy

Imposter

Sans

Trollge

Meat Boy

Isaac

Job 2: Castle Crashers

I don't know much about Newgrounds but I like these guys, so I'll submit them.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
For Job 2, I'm going to submit a new character, seems as a lot of the old ones are pretty much lock-ins at this point, specifically...

Dad 'n' Son!
1632069678789.png

Originating from Dad 'n Me and released in 2005, this character would sort of play like Ice Climbers in a sense, in that you actually play as both - the "gimmick" being that though you play as Dad, your son will do what he can to help you in the field based on your own inputs. However, he's also much weaker than you, and has his own healthbar. When your son is K.Od, the Dad actually gets a big buff in outright attack power, but of course loses the ranged attacks his son gives him. (This is sort of a reference to Rage Mode in the game, in a sense.)

As well as basic punches and kicks associated with the classic beat-em-up genre the pair come from, the pair actually get special "combination" attacks by alternating how you press the different attack buttons, as in the original title, and in a somewhat similar way to games like Tekken. Also, they can use various items from their game, but the main one is the bloody chainsaw they have in the opening for slightly added range on certain attacks.

In a sense, this character is a weird mashup of both a "puppeteer" archetype, a little like Rosalina and Luma, but also having the power of a bruiser like Donkey Kong, and the combo potential of characters like Bayonetta if used correctly. Their major flaw is, of course, size - making the pair, especially the Dad, quite slow compared to the rest of the cast, and making their ability to jump a little lower than that of other characters in the game.

Job 1:

Waluigi

Sonic

Goku

Tiky

Tankman Mukbang

Isaac

Papa Louie

Meat Guy

Imposter

Sans

Trollge

Meat Boy

Isaac

Job 2: Castle Crashers

I don't know much about Newgrounds but I like these guys, so I'll submit them.
What's that, dude? Why those Characters like Waluigi?

And Castle Crashers are from 2008, not 1999-2005.

Job 2:
Pico (Pico's School) (Veteran)

Originating from Pico's School, Pico would be Balanced Type Character like Mario, which it has Projectiles and Melee attacks, Medium weight and medium speed. Pico has Pros like Far Range projectile attacks and Cons like Weak Crouch attacks. Pico would be First Fighter pf the Roster.

Pico's moveset would be borrowed mostly from NG rumble and other Pico Games. Pico would have a Gimmick like Limited Ammo, and when he damages someone with Melee attack, he regains it. Pico can't regain ammo from Shooting, instead he wastes it. Also Pico would be Starter Character like I said.

The Inclusion Pico would be cool, since He is the Main head of Newgrounds itself and if Pico was in this game, he would recognizable Character in Newgrounds Allstars Rumble. I have nothing to say about him.

Damn, I thought that Castle Crashers were from 2005. Oh well, I'll just submit Alien Hominid
OK, since he is a Veteran.

I know this probably seems like a silly question, but are all of the veterans coming back? I don't really see any reason to cut any personally, though that is just my own take and you or others may disagree
Yeah. Sure.

Because I'm changing Character for Job 2 about Newcomers:
Tricky (Madness Combat)

Tricky is the Antagonist of Madness Combat and he is Hard-to-kill Zombie Clown. He would be Mid-Heavyweight character with Mix-up archtype with Less amount of Projectiles and more Melee attacks. He would be Unlockable Character in roster. Has Slow Speed, but More Stronger Attacks.

His moveset would be taken from Madness Combat itself and he would have a gimmick: Improbablity Drive, which he alters the Reality in his area like he would slow down Enemies or Warp Enemies Away. The Improblity Drive would work when Tricky has a Drive Bar, where it loads while getting damage and there is Bonus Gimmick: His Mask that can block attacks that are aimed towards his face, when it's Broken, he has vulnerable face.

The Inclusion of Tricky would be genius idea due to his popularity on Newgrounds and FNF community. There are memes about that would spice it up its popularity for Inclusion. He would be Villain rep for NG Allstars Rumble.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 2:
Newcomer - Edd from Eddsworld

Edd is the main protagonist of Eddsworld. He would be a mediumweight character with relatively normal stats. His attacks involve him using various weapons and items from the show's "Eddisodes", such as the lucky can and chain for grabs and a recovery or the shovel, which can be spun around and thrown at opponents. Matt, Tom, and Tord are alts, as it would feel strange to have Edd, but none of the other characters.

I chose Edd because Eddsworld is a significant and well known webtoon (to the point that the real life Edd was given the opportunity to turn it into a real TV show) and is getting new episodes to this day, despite its creator dying.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
You’re right. It came out in 2005, so it would be a valid choice for a song. A playable Neil would be great as well!
I can imagine Neil being a secret character, with a really wacky moveset based on his various Animutations, animations, YouTube videos and other such media, like using the guitar from BRODYQUEST as an attack... I have a Smash moveset for him in a Google doc somewhere actually

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I can imagine Neil being a secret character, with a really wacky moveset based on his various Animutations, animations, YouTube videos and other such media, like using the guitar from BRODYQUEST as an attack... I have a Smash moveset for him in a Google doc somewhere actually
Sounds cool! I'd like to read if I ever get the chance. And him being a secret character would be fitting.

Also, the minimum number of characters is 15, so Edd and Neil (or two other characters) could be added to round off that number (hopefully, the final number will be closer to 25, though).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sounds cool! I'd like to read if I ever get the chance. And him being a secret character would be fitting.

Also, the minimum number of characters is 15, so Edd and Neil (or two other characters) could be added to round off that number (hopefully, the final number will be closer to 25, though).

Found it! This one's more based on his modern stuff, though.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I'll submit a moveset for Edd. His moveset is similar to that of this video (Smash Bros Lawl Beatdown Character Moveset- Edd). I tried to make my own version, since I didn't want to steal or take credit for the moveset, but I was unable to come up with anything better. That being said, however, there will be some differences, which I'll go over below...
  • The Cola Gallon becomes Edd's Down B. His original Down B, the Magic Marker, is removed.
  • The Zombeh Shovel, Edd's Neutral B, is now his Side B.
  • The Medi Gun (or whatever it's called) from Space Face is his new Neutral B. It functions similarly to Falco's Blaster, except when it hits an ally or is reflected onto Edd, it heals 1-3% damage (4-6% on rare occasions). To prevent this from being overpowered, the attack will have a brief cooldown after five uses.
  • For Edd’s Final Smash, he dons a superhero outfit and turns into PowerEdd from the episode of the same name. His strength, speed, and other stats increase dramatically (similar to Wario Man) and he becomes invulnerable to damage. Some of his special attacks change while under this form; the Medi Gun heals more and has no cooldown, the Side B has Edd use his laser vision (which can travel a fair distance), his Up B is replaced with him flying and it functions the same as Pit's Power of Flight, but it now damages opponents, and his Down B has him use his ice breath (which is like a stronger version of the Ice Climbers' Blizzard). If Matt and Tom use this transformation, they'll wear similar outfits that correspond to their hoodie colors. If Tord uses it, he gains armor that resembles his giant robot.
Alternate costumes
1. Green (Default, Edd)
2. Black (Edd) - the hoodie he wears to Tord's funeral in Zombeh Attack 2
3. Purple/green (Matt) - wears a purple hoodie and green overcoat
4. Cream/brown (Matt) - based on his get-up in Ruined; his hoodie is brown (as a reference to his hat) and his overcoat is cream/beige
5. Blue (Tom)
6. White (Tom) - entire body is changed to white to reference asdfmovie
7. Red (Tord)
8. Green/red (Tord) - based on Zombeh Tord (also from Zombeh Attack 2); one of his eyes becomes completely black and his skin color is changed to green, but he still wears his signature red hoodie

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Just remembered that I didn't submit a roster number for job 1. In that case, I'll go with 25, the max number. I think it would be a fair number. There are many potential fighters to choose from and I feel that the sequel would warrant at least five newcomers (for the record, the original Newgrounds Rumble had 13 characters and adding a very small amount of newcomers may be a letdown for some).

Last edited:
Just remembered that I didn't submit a roster number for job 1. In that case, I'll go with 25, the max number. I think it would be a fair number. There are many potential fighters to choose from and I feel that the sequel would warrant at least five newcomers (for the record, the original Newgrounds Rumble had 13 characters and adding a very small amount of newcomers may be a letdown for some).
Okay.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Something else I just considered about this roster is that a more modern character, who technically would be a Newgrounds character, as well as one from YouTube - and with their own quite interesting fighter potential, with a really weird moveset that could even work as a unique fighter... ENA!

1632328072405.png

Whilst we're not yet on a "modern Newgrounds character" job, I do have a spark of inspiration and this is moreso just to try and get it written down here before I forget it. (I'm really sorry y'all)

ENA would be a mid-weight character, though she actually has a surprising amount of mid-range control, given that her arms aren't actually connected to her - and, similarly to Rosalina and Luma, Moony sometimes helps ENA by running into people or orbiting around her. Even so, unlike some, she actually struggles with long-range control, lacking projectiles - though her glitchy nature and incredibly weird hitboxes means that she can mix up her attacks pretty well! (Imagine her attacks as being a mix between those of characters like Midler in Heritage for the Future and Rayman in Brawlhalla, but sort of mixed with her own distinctly unique style.)

Unlike a lot of fighters in the roster, ENA actually has quite a lot of music to her own, from artists including METAROOM, Graham Kartna and Oliver Buckland, amongst others - and her unique visual style, as well as the unique visual style of her world, would make her a really unusual addition to Newgrounds Rumble 2 (the squeakuel)! For example - I can imagine that, unlike other characters, her "model" would actually be 2D, a lot like Mr. Game and Watch's - though as opposed to being pixellated like an 8/16 bit sprite, ENA's appearance is moreso similar to her CDi-esque sprites in the various animations she's featured in.

I can imagine that ENA would be a character who is quite difficult to just pick up and instantly play, but given a little time, she's got an incredibly high skill ceiling due to her weird fighting style and her generally odd moveset. Also, for a stage, there's quite a few options - one of my own personal favourite picks being the Hourglass Meadow, due to its colourful, though unique, style - fitting in perfectly with ENA's own weird but whimsical feel!

1632329113383.png

Again, I'm sorry to splurge all of this onto here given this isn't a job yet - after all, ENA's origin was in a piece of concept art posted on Feburary 24th, 2020 - but given her surprising popularity and her representing somewhat of a niche in Newgrounds - that is, newer characters aside from the Friday Night Funkin' universe - I feel this could be a pretty solid pick!

Commissions Ended!
Vote for you 3 Most Wanted Characters!
  • Dad n Son by KneeOfJustice99
  • Neil Ciciriega by also KneeOfJustice99 (Maybe?)
  • Tricky by Me
  • Edd by Butters Stotch
  • Castle Crasher by Yiptap

Your submittion must be second or last!
My Picks:
1. Dad 'n' Son
2. Tricky
3. Castle Crasher

Note: Only 2 Characters will win and get added into Roster.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Commissions Ended!
Vote for you 3 Most Wanted Characters!
  • Dad n Son by KneeOfJustice99
  • Neil Ciciriega by also KneeOfJustice99 (Maybe?)
  • Tricky by Me
  • Edd by Butters Stotch
  • Castle Crasher by Yiptap

Your submittion must be second or last!
My Picks:
1. Dad 'n' Son
2. Tricky
3. Castle Crasher
Well, here's mine:

1. Tricky
2. Neil Cicierega
3. Dad 'n Son (or, if you don't want me to submit two of my own, Edd :3)

Voting's Over! Results:
Tricky - 5 votes!
Neil - 3 votes
Castle Crasher - 4 votes
Dad N Son - 4 votes
Edd - 2 Votes

Tricky is the winner or this poll!
Dad N Son and Castle Crasher tied and they need need rematch!
Vote for 1 of 2 character to join the Roster! (You can vote whatever you want)
My Votes for Rematch:
1. Dad N Son
2. Castle Crasher

Top Bottom