• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Once again. Megadoomer Megadoomer 's submissions win! By default but not undesvering

For Job 15 I'm gonna try and get people in again

Job 15:
Submit a character from an MCU Phase 4 Film / Show

Marvel want us to include a promotional character for an upcoming project. This character can have appeared in the MCU already (Characters such as Black Widow, Loki and Scarlet Witch would count) but must play a major role in one of the following:

• Black Widow
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • The Eternals
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
  • Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
  • Thor: Love and Thunder
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  • Wandavision
  • Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  • Loki
  • Hawkeye
  • She-Hulk
  • Moon Knight
  • Iron Heart

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think i'll submit one alt each.

Iron Man - 60's Armor
1636246065832.png

This alt uses a classic suit of Tony's, seen in (amongst other things) Avengers #1. A few modifications might need to be made to keep it in line with other suits, but the core traits (pure gold color, relative bulkiness, and eye/mouth slits) remain.

Captain America - Nomad
Avengers: Infinity War Directors Tease Nomad Captain America

This suit would be a hybrid of the 616 incarnation of Nomad and the version seen in the film Avengers: Infinity War. He has the mask and hair of 616 nomad, but the MCU' beard. His suit is primarily the MCU one, but with the 616 cape, colors, and a bit of a V on his costume to suggest the star has been crossed out (but not as... significant as the 616 V)

D

Deleted member

I think i'll submit one alt each.

Iron Man - 60's Armor
View attachment 336962
This alt uses a classic suit of Tony's, seen in (amongst other things) Avengers #1. A few modifications might need to be made to keep it in line with other suits, but the core traits (pure gold color, relative bulkiness, and eye/mouth slits) remain.

Captain America - Nomad
Avengers: Infinity War Directors Tease Nomad Captain America

This suit would be a hybrid of the 616 incarnation of Nomad and the version seen in the film Avengers: Infinity War. He has the mask and hair of 616 nomad, but the MCU' beard. His suit is primarily the MCU one, but with the 616 cape, colors, and a bit of a V on his costume to suggest the star has been crossed out (but not as... significant as the 616 V)
Alts round is technically over but you know what since we get low turn out I'm gonna accept these.

Actually I think I'll leave alt jobs open for a longer period of time overall.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
She-hulk

First Appearence: Savage She-Hulk #1

Jennifer Walters or She-hulk is a recurring character throughout the whole Marvel universe. She gained her powers through a blood transfusion with Bruce Banner giving her powers akin to that of the Hulk but she is in control of her mind. She-hulk is quite popular and has been a part of the Avengers longer than regular hulk

In terms of gameplay She-hulk would be a very powerful bruiser.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job #15: Blade (Blade/Midnight Sons)
1636247001436.png

Blade is a half-vampire vampire hunter who is a big part of the supernatural corner of the Marvel Universe. He made his debut inTomb of Dracula #10, released in 1973. He was mostly a side character until he got a movie in 1998, played by Wesley Snipes. Despite the character's obscurity, the movie did very well, receiving two sequels and a show. A rebooted Blade is going to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, played by Mahershala Ali. His movie is coming out in 2023 or 2024, but fans first heard his voice in the post credits scene of The Eternals (2021), and rumors suggest he might show up in the upcoming Moon Knight show.

Blade, as his name suggests, uses swords. He's skilled with a lot of weapons - swords, stakes, guns, flamethrowers, etc. He's also a talented martial artist, and has typical superhero stuff like super strength and a healing factor.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Once again. Megadoomer Megadoomer 's submissions win! By default but not undesvering

For Job 15 I'm gonna try and get people in again

Job 15:
Submit a character from an MCU Phase 4 Film / Show

Marvel want us to include a promotional character for an upcoming project. This character can have appeared in the MCU already (Characters such as Black Widow, Loki and Scarlet Witch would count) but must play a major role in one of the following:

• Black Widow
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • The Eternals
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
  • Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
  • Thor: Love and Thunder
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  • Wandavision
  • Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  • Loki
  • Hawkeye
  • She-Hulk
  • Moon Knight
  • Iron Heart
Oh, it's gotta be Moon Knight!

Character Name: Moon Knight
Character Origin: Werewolf by Night #32 (1975)

1636247864821.png

Comparing Moon Knight to Batman... is pretty accurate, to be fair. In fairness, he differs a bit, being a ridiculously violent, clearly mentally unstable person who put on a costume and beats people half to death... actually this is winding up more like Rorschach.

So basically, Moon Knight (Marc Spector) is some soldier who died in Egypt, but was (possibly) brought back to life by Khonshu, the Egyptian God of the Moon. At his most powerful, he's been able to best characters like Thor, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist and Doctor Strange, but generally he relies on his expert martial arts knowledge and his mastery at several weapons.

I think his playstyle could be the idea of a rushdown character, but mixed with a more prepared style. See, Moon Knight is also an expert at gathering information - I think this could be effectively conveyed by having him have to wait to get into a situation, but be a powerful rushdown character with a great combo game if used well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 15: Kang the Conqueror

Appearances: Loki (technically), Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

While it's unclear what Kang's role will be going forward, he seems to be set up as a major threat in phase four, as the villain of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and the cause of the Time War in Loki, which led to the ongoing multi-versal madness that's being dealt with in Loki, What-If, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Kang's history is complicated, but to sum it up, he's a time traveler from the 30th century who came back to the 20th century to conquer it (hence the name). He first appeared in Avengers issue 8, all the way back in the 1960's... in this identity, at least. His very first appearance, as the Egyptian pharaoh Rama Tut, was in an earlier issue of the Fantastic Four, and his chronological first appearance was in Young Avengers in the early 2000's... Let's just admit that time travel is confusing and move on.

Kang has been a perpetual thorn in the Avengers' sides, rivaling Ultron as the main villain for the team. Thanks to branching timelines, time paradoxes, robotic duplicates, and countless other ways to cheat death, the team's never managed to see the last of him, no matter what happens to him at the end of their encounters. He's destroyed Washington D.C., nearly caused the end of all reality by bringing armies through time to battle Ultron, convinced Doctor Doom that he's Doom's future self, and resisted reality warping from the Time Keepers through sheer willpower.

In addition to an army plucked from countless periods of history, Kang can pull whatever weapon he needs from time portals, and his armour is armed with various futuristic devices such as a shield that can withstand absurd amounts of damage, concussive bolts with the force of dynamite, and an anti-gravity device, among other pieces of technology.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My submisson:

Shang-Chi
A master martial artist. Shang-Chi was trained from infancy in the martial arts by his father, becoming efficient in multiple styles of combat. He would later have to face his own father after he was revealed to be a villian. Be received his own film, which was extremely successful and is likely to receive sequels and spin offs.

She-hulk

First Appearence: Savage She-Hulk #1

Jennifer Walters or She-hulk is a recurring character throughout the whole Marvel universe. She gained her powers through a blood transfusion with Bruce Banner giving her powers akin to that of the Hulk but she is in control of her mind. She-hulk is quite popular and has been a part of the Avengers longer than regular hulk

In terms of gameplay She-hulk would be a very powerful bruiser.
Job #15: Blade (Blade/Midnight Sons)
View attachment 336967
Blade is a half-vampire vampire hunter who is a big part of the supernatural corner of the Marvel Universe. He made his debut inTomb of Dracula #10, released in 1973. He was mostly a side character until he got a movie in 1998, played by Wesley Snipes. Despite the character's obscurity, the movie did very well, receiving two sequels and a show. A rebooted Blade is going to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, played by Mahershala Ali. His movie is coming out in 2023 or 2024, but fans first heard his voice in the post credits scene of The Eternals (2021), and rumors suggest he might show up in the upcoming Moon Knight show.

Blade, as his name suggests, uses swords. He's skilled with a lot of weapons - swords, stakes, guns, flamethrowers, etc. He's also a talented martial artist, and has typical superhero stuff like super strength and a healing factor.
Oh, it's gotta be Moon Knight!

Character Name: Moon Knight
Character Origin: Werewolf by Night #32 (1975)

View attachment 336974

Comparing Moon Knight to Batman... is pretty accurate, to be fair. In fairness, he differs a bit, being a ridiculously violent, clearly mentally unstable person who put on a costume and beats people half to death... actually this is winding up more like Rorschach.

So basically, Moon Knight (Marc Spector) is some soldier who died in Egypt, but was (possibly) brought back to life by Khonshu, the Egyptian God of the Moon. At his most powerful, he's been able to best characters like Thor, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist and Doctor Strange, but generally he relies on his expert martial arts knowledge and his mastery at several weapons.

I think his playstyle could be the idea of a rushdown character, but mixed with a more prepared style. See, Moon Knight is also an expert at gathering information - I think this could be effectively conveyed by having him have to wait to get into a situation, but be a powerful rushdown character with a great combo game if used well.
Job 15: Kang the Conqueror

Appearances: Loki (technically), Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

While it's unclear what Kang's role will be going forward, he seems to be set up as a major threat in phase four, as the villain of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and the cause of the Time War in Loki, which led to the ongoing multi-versal madness that's being dealt with in Loki, What-If, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Kang's history is complicated, but to sum it up, he's a time traveler from the 30th century who came back to the 20th century to conquer it (hence the name). He first appeared in Avengers issue 8, all the way back in the 1960's... in this identity, at least. His very first appearance, as the Egyptian pharaoh Rama Tut, was in an earlier issue of the Fantastic Four, and his chronological first appearance was in Young Avengers in the early 2000's... Let's just admit that time travel is confusing and move on.

Kang has been a perpetual thorn in the Avengers' sides, rivaling Ultron as the main villain for the team. Thanks to branching timelines, time paradoxes, robotic duplicates, and countless other ways to cheat death, the team's never managed to see the last of him, no matter what happens to him at the end of their encounters. He's destroyed Washington D.C., nearly caused the end of all reality by bringing armies through time to battle Ultron, convinced Doctor Doom that he's Doom's future self, and resisted reality warping from the Time Keepers through sheer willpower.

In addition to an army plucked from countless periods of history, Kang can pull whatever weapon he needs from time portals, and his armour is armed with various futuristic devices such as a shield that can withstand absurd amounts of damage, concussive bolts with the force of dynamite, and an anti-gravity device, among other pieces of technology.
In list form:

She-Hulk - cashregister9 cashregister9
Blade - PeridotGX PeridotGX
Moon Knight- KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Kang - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Shang-Chi - @Darkonedagger

Vote as usual. Reminder your own submission can't be in first place.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. She-Hulk
2. Blade
3. Kang

I'd love to see a take on She-Hulk that's similar to the John Byrne version of the character, though admittedly, that's the main version that I'm familiar with. (for those not familiar, she's a goofy character who breaks the fourth wall to argue with the writer and editor about plot developments, or complain about how the writer's cramming in too many subplots)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. She-Hulk (I agree with using the original/John Byrne version, even though it'll seem a bit weird to add her before Bruce)
2. Blade
3. Moon Knight

EDIT: Well, I heard that She-Hulk is getting her 4th-wall breaking habit back in a upcoming Disney+ show. Megadoomer Megadoomer

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure whether we'll be getting She-Hulk or Blade from this vote, so I'll just make panels for both of them.

She Hulk panels.png

Blade panels.png

I probably could have used the current "RRARRH SHE-HULK SMASH" version of the character in some of these panels, but it seems like something that's going to be ignored or swept aside once the Disney Plus version comes out and she gets her own solo book. (if we just get one, it doesn't make much of a difference to me; I just like making these)

EDIT: Just for laughs, I made a mock-up page, or set of panels, or whatever we're calling it with a theme - in this case, "strange-looking costumes".

strange costumes.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry this is so late! I've had some irl stuff.

She-Hulk - 13
Blade - 13
Shang-Chi - 5
Moon Knight - 5
Kang - 5

She-Hulk and Blade are tied! So you know what. We're gonna add them both! Our roster is certainly shaping up to be interesting.

Our next jobs will start soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Because I had free time, I started making help/passive panels (the ones that are only one panel wide) for a bunch of characters. It's still a work-in-progress, and all of the Spider-Men aside from the very first one are placeholders.

help panels.png

I just started listing characters, and I eventually decided to cut myself off at 240. For all I know, we'll wind up with some support or playable characters that I didn't even think of, but I thought I should get ahead of the curve. (though I feel like there are going to be some cases where it will be really difficult to find close-ups of a character's face that make them look distinct from another character, even with so many different art styles)

I'm not sure how recognizable they all are, but I made sure to include all of the characters that had been nominated so far, and I generally tried to sort them into groups. (the two at the very end felt like nice little bonuses) I doubt they'd all make it in here (and most of them could just stay as these one-panel passive stat boosters), but I thought this way, some of the work is already done if they do make it in.

(EDIT: added enough so that there were at least three characters in each row. Some of them, like the Punisher, aren't very distinct, but I figure it would be more obvious in larger panels, assuming that he becomes playable or a support at some point)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to admit I lost muse for this. But I'm gonna try to keep it up

Job 16:
Submit alt costumes for Spider-Man and Wolverine:

Similar to last time. Submit four to eight alts.

Job 17:
Submit a stage based on one of the following properties:

We are going to be adding a stag based on one of the following properties:

• Iron Man
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Doctor Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel

A a few the big MCU players. We may add multiple stages this round depending on how many submissions we get.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spider-Man costumes:

Default costume: his classic red-and-blue outfit, because of course that's going to be in here.

Symbiote Spider-Man

Spider-Armour

Stealth Suit

Unlockable Spider-Man costumes:

Normally, I'd just stick to four, but maybe these could be unlocked over the course of gameplay, whether it's by unlocking alternate panels, beating arcade mode/story mode/whatever the single player content in this would be, or completing specific events - I have too many ideas to limit myself.

Bombastic Bag-Man

Iron Spider

Future Foundation

Leopardon Cosplay - an outfit inspired by this:

...though it looks really cheaply made, like the armoured bits are made out of cardboard, and he's wearing a black Spider-Man suit with yellow eyes underneath it.

Wolverine costumes:

Default: his yellow and blue uniform

Brown uniform

X-Force uniform

Fantastic Four outfit

Stage:

The Sanctum Sanctorum

177A Bleeker Street, and the home of Dr. Strange. The stage is home to countless mystical artifacts, and despite ostensibly being a three story house, the entire thing warps time, space, and perception, and contains portals to various other dimensions.

The stage begins as a walk-off stage within the Sanctum Sanctorum itself, with giant books floating across the screen to act as mobile platforms. Eventually, a curtain is blown so that it's no longer blocking a mirror, or a closet door opens itself, or a jar falls over, revealing a portal to some visually insane other dimension. This turns the stage into a collection of floating platforms, with each configuration depending on what triggered it. (so if the closet door opens to cause the transition, then the background and platform set-up will always be the same)

Eventually, mystical chanting can be heard as the transition reverses itself and everyone returns to the Sanctum Sanctorum.

I'm not sure if this is too complicated, and it definitely would be a stage that would be played in a competitive setting for many reasons (randomness, walk-offs, distracting backgrounds), but I figure that a Dr. Strange stage would take advantage of the chaos to some degree.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last minute submission

Wakanda (Black Panther)
The home of the Black Panther. An ultra advanced African city. An iconic location. We kind of need this stage. Will take place in the middle of an advanced city. Various Wakandan gadgets such as electric walls will act as hazards.

We need some more stages so for now I'm gonna take all three submissions. Stark Mansion, Sanctum Sanctorum and Wakanda will all be added.

Megadoomer Megadoomer 's alts will be used.

Job 18:
Suggest a name for this game
A nice simple one. I think it's time to give this game a name.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 18:

Marvel Mighty Melee

logo.png

Usually, with this sort of thing, I tend to go with comic crossovers that match the concept, but none of them seemed to fit. (well, aside from "Contest of Champions", but there's already a game by that name) As such, I went to the old Stan Lee stand-by - alliteration!

Plus, the "Melee" part would hopefully help get the idea across that it's a Smash-like game, and "Mighty" is an adjective used for several heroes including Captain Marvel and Thor. (neither of them are in the game at the moment, but I'd be surprised if they didn't get added at some point down the line)

I'm not sure if the name's too cheesy, but it's all that comes to mind for me. (maybe Secret Wars or Infinity War would work better, but those come with certain expectations when it comes to plot and characters)

EDIT: Also, I finished making all of those one-panel images.

I probably could have went with more characters (Nick Fury Jr., Wong, the Ancient One, Frigga, Heimdall, the Warriors Three, Attuma, Krang, Yondu, the Hobgoblin, Maximus the Mad, Omega Red, the Puppet Master, the Beyonder, all of the Marvel characters who are playable in the Versus series, a bunch of Iron Man villains, the Squadron Supreme...), but I felt like I had to cut myself off somewhere. I'll gladly make more if needed, though.

I realize that, with the panels being quite small, often zoomed in from comic panels, and only consisting of headshots, it might be tough to tell who's who, so I made a list. (the list also helped me to keep track of who goes where)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Miles Morales
  3. Spider-Gwen
  4. Mary Jane
  5. Aunt May
  6. Black Cat
  7. Gwen Stacey
  8. J. Jonah Jameson
  9. Robbie Robertson
  10. The Green Goblin
  11. Harry Osborn
  12. Dr. Octopus
  13. The Vulture
  14. Mysterio
  15. Sandman
  16. Kraven the Hunter
  17. Electro
  18. The Rhino
  19. The Shocker
  20. Boomerang
  21. The Beetle
  22. The Lizard
  23. The Chameleon
  24. Venom
  25. Carnage
  26. Scorpion
  27. Mr. Negative
  28. Iron Man
  29. Captain America
  30. Thor
  31. Ant-Man
  32. The Wasp
  33. The Hulk
  34. She-Hulk
  35. Hawkeye
  36. Scarlet Witch
  37. Quicksilver
  38. Black Widow
  39. The Vision
  40. Black Panther
  41. Captain Marvel
  42. Monica Rambeau
  43. Mockingbird
  44. Wonder Man
  45. War Machine
  46. Tigra
  47. Black Knight
  48. Sersi
  49. Ikaris
  50. Hercules
  51. Blue Marvel
  52. Agatha Harkness
  53. Edwin Jarvis
  54. Kang the Conqueror
  55. Ultron
  56. Taskmaster
  57. Pepper Potts
  58. The Mandarin
  59. Bucky Barnes
  60. Sam Wilson
  61. Sharon Carter
  62. Isaiah Bradley
  63. The Red Skull
  64. Crossbones
  65. Baron Zemo
  66. Madame Hydra
  67. Batroc the Leaper
  68. Nick Fury
  69. Dum Dum Dugan
  70. Baron Strucker
  71. Odin
  72. Loki
  73. Jane Foster
  74. Beta Ray Bill
  75. Angela
  76. Sif
  77. Enchantress
  78. Executioner
  79. Malekith
  80. Surtur
  81. Hela
  82. The Destroyer
  83. Whirlwind
  84. The Leader
  85. The Abomination
  86. General Ross
  87. Betty Ross
  88. Rick Jones
  89. Amadeus Cho
  90. Doc Samson
  91. The Absorbing Man
  92. Titania
  93. Okoye
  94. Shuri
  95. M’Baku
  96. Killmonger
  97. Ulysses Klaw
  98. Chewie
  99. Spider-Woman
  100. Cyclops
  101. Jean Grey
  102. Wolverine
  103. Storm
  104. Beast
  105. Emma Frost
  106. Professor Xavier
  107. Gambit
  108. Rogue
  109. Nightcrawler
  110. Colossus
  111. Kitty Pryde
  112. Iceman
  113. Angel
  114. Jubilee
  115. Havok
  116. Polaris
  117. Magik
  118. Cable
  119. Deadpool
  120. Domino
  121. Laura Kinney/X-23
  122. Psylocke
  123. Bishop
  124. Moira MacTaggert
  125. Magneto
  126. Toad
  127. Mystique
  128. Juggernaut
  129. Sabretooth
  130. Destiny
  131. Silver Samurai
  132. Sauron
  133. Ka-Zar
  134. Sentinel
  135. Mr. Sinister
  136. Apocalypse
  137. Mr. Fantastic
  138. The Invisible Woman
  139. The Human Torch
  140. The Thing
  141. Franklin Richards
  142. Valeria Richards
  143. Alicia Masters
  144. HERBIE
  145. Black Bolt
  146. Crystal
  147. Medusa
  148. Lockjaw
  149. Dr. Doom
  150. Namor
  151. Galactus, Devourer of Worlds
  152. The Silver Surfer
  153. The Super Skrull
  154. The Maker
  155. The Wizard
  156. Annihilus
  157. Mole Man
  158. The Watcher
  159. Dr. Strange
  160. Blade
  161. Dracula
  162. Brother Voodoo
  163. Ghost Rider
  164. Elsa Bloodstone
  165. Captain Britain
  166. Baron Mordo
  167. Dormammu
  168. Clea
  169. Morgana Le Fay
  170. Shuma Gorath
  171. Blackheart
  172. Mephisto
  173. Daredevil
  174. Luke Cage
  175. Iron Fist
  176. Jessica Jones
  177. Misty Knight
  178. Colleen Wing
  179. Shang-Chi
  180. Elektra
  181. Punisher
  182. Echo
  183. Cloak
  184. Dagger
  185. Moon Knight
  186. Kingpin
  187. Bullseye
  188. Stilt Man
  189. The Purple Man
  190. Tombstone
  191. The Hood
  192. Typhoid Mary
  193. Billy Kaplan
  194. Hulkling
  195. Tommy Shepherd
  196. Eli Bradley
  197. Kate Bishop
  198. America Chavez
  199. Cassie Lang
  200. Leah
  201. Ms. Marvel
  202. Sam Alexander
  203. Viv Vision
  204. Moon Girl
  205. Squirrel Girl
  206. Nadia van Dyne
  207. Riri Williams
  208. Nico Minoru
  209. Karolina Dean
  210. Victor Mancha
  211. Molly Hayes
  212. Gwenpool
  213. Jeff the Land Shark
  214. Howard the Duck
  215. MODOK
  216. Fin Fang Foom
  217. Nova
  218. Adam Warlock
  219. Thanos
  220. Star-Lord
  221. Gamora
  222. Drax
  223. Rocket Raccoon
  224. Groot
  225. Mantis
  226. Nebula
  227. The Collector
  228. The Grandmaster
  229. Mar-Vell
  230. Cosmo
  231. Moondragon
  232. Starfox
  233. Ronan the Accuser
  234. The Supreme Intelligence
  235. Ego the Living Planet
  236. Death
  237. Eternity
  238. The Living Tribunal
  239. Stan Lee
  240. Jack Kirby

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Spider-man and Wolverine costumes
R.35f3676487c4bbfe78187e5c2ee3ce73.png
Classic Costume

dbldvk6-0d5331d5-eb80-45ed-9503-1efbf2e72339.png
Black Costume

R.339220dd54a9535b98bc6b8496b17265.png
Future Foundation

149-1493776_iron-spider-iron-spider-comic-png-clipart.png
Iron Spider

spider-man-2099-costume.png
Spider-man 2099

Scarlet Spider.png
Scarlet Spider

Spider-man green.png
Big Time costume

RCO003_1469439504.jpg
Ditko-Era Peter Parker

wolverine__render_by_bobhertley-d5nxngk.png
The classic

Brown costume.png
Brown costume

Logan.png
Logan

movie suit.png
movie suit

AOA.jpg
Age of Apocalypse

Weapon X.jpg
Weapon X

Power-Pack-5-preview-page-3.jpg
Wolvermean

Weapon X.png
X-Force

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In my spare time, I put together more comic panels. These characters aren't in the roster as of yet, but I picked them because I feel like they're probably going to be added at some point, or I'd be surprised if they weren't included. (also, two of them gave me the opportunity to include panels where the characters in question beat up Nazis, so that's a plus) Still, I'll put them in spoiler tags to be on the safe side.

Hulk panels.png

black panther panels.png

Thor panels.png

Magneto panels.png

captain marvel panels.png

At the very least, I feel like these five should be locks for pretty much any general Marvel game (so not one based around a specific series) going forward, now that the petty film rights disputes have been resolved.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Name: Axis Invasion

This name takes inspiration from two prominent Marvel events: Axis and Secret Invasion. This name would tie heavily into the story of the game, which I will now go over. One day, a mysterious character comes into possession of the Soul Stone and uses it to invert the beliefs of roughly half of the Marvel universe. Some villians go good, and some heroes go bad. You're probably wondering who was swapped - that's the question everyone else is asking. Nobody knows, not even the inverted know who else have swapped. The lack of trust from the Scrull invasion is here in full force - can you trust your fellow hero won't backstab you at any given moment, or trust your former arch-nemesis has truly turned good?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm having too much fun with putting these decks together. Case in point, the Vision and Scarlet Witch's awkward family reunion, in two parts:

Vision family reunion.png

Pictured above, we have the Vision and Wanda, the Vision's genocidal father, the Vision's brother (who accidentally killed the Vision's son), the Vision's grandfather, his grandfather's ex-wife, and the Vision's aunt, who his grandfather (her father) doesn't even know exists.

Maximoff family reunion.png

And then there's Wanda's side of the family, including her mutant supremacist father, her robot-hating brother, her reincarnated sons (one of whom is married to the emperor of two alien races), and her half-sister who presumably wants nothing to do with any of this. Also pictured is the Vision's daughter, as I couldn't fit her into the other image.

If anyone wants me to put other themed decks together, let me know. (I've made more sets of panels, but I don't want to clog this thread with images or influence any future voting in one direction or the other)

EDIT: I'll post more of the panels that I've made in spoiler tags, in case anyone's interested in seeing them, or in case it gives people some ideas.

Vision panels.png

scarlet witch panels.png

4 panels 35 char.png

Thanos panels.png

rocket raccoon panels.png

Venom panels.png

Miles Morales panels.png

The Thing panels.png

Daredevil panels.png

Adam Warlock panels.png

Rogue panels.png

Mystique panels.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's back!

We're going to be doing things a bit differently. Movesets will be done as a background thing that anyone can do. Moveset jobs tend not get many submissions

We shall be doing the game's title as a poll. I'm gonna submit "Secret Wars." It's a classic but one that could fit with our game and five us some direction for the story.

Time to get back on track!
Job 19:
Submit a Spider-Man villian
To celebrate the release of Spider-Man No way Home and the return of several iconic villains, we will add a Spider-Man villain as a playable character. It doesn't have to be one who appears in the film. "Antihero" characters like Venom and Black Cat would be eligible.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Job 19: Venom (Eddie Brock)

One of Spider-Man's biggest villains, along with the Green Goblin and Doc Ock - he may not have the history of the other two (they appeared in the early 60's, whereas he didn't show up until the late 80's), but he's definitely a huge threat to Spider-Man, considering that he knows Spidey's identity and is immune to his Spider-Sense. Eddie Brock was a journalist who was disgraced when Spider-Man inadvertently exposed his shoddy journalism, getting him fired from his job. A chance encounter with a symbiote that Spider-Man had cast off caused the two of them to become Venom, combining the skills and knowledge that the symbiote inherited from Spider-Man with Eddie's rage and bitterness.

As tempting as it is to submit someone like Mysterio or Sandman, I thought it would be best to nominate an obvious pick right off the bat - I wouldn't want everyone to assume that a character is too obvious and that someone else will submit them instead, leading to nobody submitting them. Venom would be on the heavier side, given his size (especially when compared to Spider-Man), and in addition to having Spider-Man's powers, he can also use the symbiote's shape-shifting abilities to his advantage, as seen in the Marvel vs. Capcom and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

---

In a nice coincidence, I'll be going to see Spider-Man tonight, but after that (or tomorrow afternoon, depending on how late it is once I get back from the movie), I'll edit in some movesets. I won't cover Namor (since tonygameman tonygameman seemed to have a lot of interest in that), but I think I'll make a moveset for Dr. Doom, at least.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Dr. Octopus

Doc Ock render.png

One of Spider-man's first and most dangerous foes. Otto Octavius was the first villain to ever defeat and unmask Spider-man. He would later found the Sinister Six and would even at one point transfer his thoughts into Spider-man's body and take over his life.

His arms would give him great reach and considering all the various devises his built into them over the years, quite a bit of move potential.

Plus he was so delightfully played by Alfred Molina in the movies.

D

Deleted member

Green Goblin

One of Spider-Man's most iconic villains and the one who killed Gwen Stacy, one of the most important and iconic moments in comic book history.

He would use his glider to get around and could throw his pumpkin bombs.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Namor's Moveset (thanks for reminding, Megadoomer Megadoomer )
  • Neutral Special: Eel Shock - Namor summons his trident, charging it up with electricity and then points it forward, firing a short-ranged electric beam that paralyzes opponents in-front of him when hit. The move can be charged for more damage and multi-hit properties.
  • Side Special:
    • Ground: Whirlpool Rush - Namor quickly slides forward across the ground by using a wave of water beneath his feet, following up with a quick punch to the face when contacting with an opponent, sending them flying away.
    • Air: Dolphin's Dive - Namor summons his trident and then soars towards the ground, performing a downwards slam attack that sends out a short-ranged water shockwave when hitting the ground.
  • Up Special: Wings of Fury - Namor uses wings on his ankles to propel himself upwards into the air, creating gusts of wind underneath him while doing so, able to damage opponents both above and below him. Holding the button will increase the move's distance and damage.
  • Down Special: Riptide - Namor stabs his trident into the ground, causing a water geyser to sprout upwards from the ground, damaging any opponent caught in the splash. Holding the button will increase a geyser's height and damage. Works similar to Ike's Eruption special move in Smash.
  • Ultimate Attack: Imperius Rex! - Namor raises his trident into the air as he shouts "IMPERIUS REX!" while whirling it and then sends out a huge, surging tidal wave across the ground. If a wave hits any opponent(s), he will pull out a conch shell-like weapon, the Horn of Proteus, and blow into it, summoning a massive whale monster Giganto, as it roars at opponents before tossing them into the air, catching them in its mouth and shaking them around in its jaws before spitting them back to the stage.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Doctor Doom moveset

Neutral Special:
Doom Blast - Dr. Doom fires a bolt of magical energy from his hands.

Up Special: Doom Rockets - using his jet pack, Doom launches into the air. This move has a great deal of mobility, making it work well for horizontal or vertical recovery, but much like ROB's recovery in Smash Bros., it has a limited amount of fuel, so it can't be overused.

Side Special: Doom Barrier - much like Molecular Shield in Marvel vs. Capcom games, this causes a barrier of floating rocks to briefly surround Doom, which damage nearby opponents or negate projectiles.

Down Special: Doombot - Dr. Doom summons a Doombot, which stands in place and mimics the specials that he uses (aside from his down special - using that causes the active Doombots to generate electricity). Only two can be placed at a time - trying to use Doombot while two Doombots are active causes the first one that was summoned to self-destruct. Doombots are also destroyed if they take enough damage, after using enough specials (maybe three, so you can't just spam special attacks), or after enough time has passed, though being destroyed these ways won't do damage. Doombots aren't super durable and don't move (if Doom's up special is used, they just rocket straight upwards), but they are good for forcing opponents to go where Doom wants them to.

Ultimate Attack: Doomsday. Dr. Doom activates a teleportation device built into his armour to teleport to a space station, firing an orbital laser cannon at the planet below. (somehow, much like in other fighting games, this attack still works if it's in an indoor stage or a stage that's in another dimension - maybe there could be slight variations if the stage is on a different planet, though I'm not sure how that would work for a stage like the Dark Dimension) The laser beam is quite large and can be moved to the left or right, passing through platforms that fighters can pass through. After enough time has passed, the bombardment stops and Doom teleports back on-stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's been more than 24 hours. So it's time for votes.

First off. This game is officially known as "Mighty Marvel Melee."

Here are our options for round 19:

Job 19: Venom (Eddie Brock)

One of Spider-Man's biggest villains, along with the Green Goblin and Doc Ock - he may not have the history of the other two (they appeared in the early 60's, whereas he didn't show up until the late 80's), but he's definitely a huge threat to Spider-Man, considering that he knows Spidey's identity and is immune to his Spider-Sense. Eddie Brock was a journalist who was disgraced when Spider-Man inadvertently exposed his shoddy journalism, getting him fired from his job. A chance encounter with a symbiote that Spider-Man had cast off caused the two of them to become Venom, combining the skills and knowledge that the symbiote inherited from Spider-Man with Eddie's rage and bitterness.

As tempting as it is to submit someone like Mysterio or Sandman, I thought it would be best to nominate an obvious pick right off the bat - I wouldn't want everyone to assume that a character is too obvious and that someone else will submit them instead, leading to nobody submitting them. Venom would be on the heavier side, given his size (especially when compared to Spider-Man), and in addition to having Spider-Man's powers, he can also use the symbiote's shape-shifting abilities to his advantage, as seen in the Marvel vs. Capcom and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

---

In a nice coincidence, I'll be going to see Spider-Man tonight, but after that (or tomorrow afternoon, depending on how late it is once I get back from the movie), I'll edit in some movesets. I won't cover Namor (since tonygameman tonygameman seemed to have a lot of interest in that), but I think I'll make a moveset for Dr. Doom, at least.
Dr. Octopus

View attachment 340516

One of Spider-man's first and most dangerous foes. Otto Octavius was the first villain to ever defeat and unmask Spider-man. He would later found the Sinister Six and would even at one point transfer his thoughts into Spider-man's body and take over his life.

His arms would give him great reach and considering all the various devises his built into them over the years, quite a bit of move potential.

Plus he was so delightfully played by Alfred Molina in the movies.

Green Goblin

One of Spider-Man's most iconic villains and the one who killed Gwen Stacy, one of the most important and iconic moments in comic book history.

He would use his glider to get around and could throw his pumpkin bombs.
I hate making big posts on Mobile so I'll make it quick: Kraven the Hunter. Kraven's Last Hunt is one of the most iconic Marvel stories ever, and he's getting a live action movie in 2023.
In text form:

Venom - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Doc Ock - Oddball Oddball
Green Goblin - @Darkonedagger
Kraven - PeridotGX PeridotGX

Since we only got four. We're going to do things a bit different, vote for your top two. One character will get in. You can vote for your own but not in first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom