• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Our results!

Green Goblin - 3
Thanos - 2
Magneto - 7
Doctor Doom - 13
Ultron - 4
Loki - 6

By a landslide. The ruler of Latveria, Doctor Doom is our first villian! Congrats to Sean Wheeler Sean Wheeler !

Our next jobs will be up soon. We will be filling out some more content before we try out movesets.

D

Deleted member

Job 8:
Submit a Spider-Man and/or X-Men Stage:
We will be filling out our stage roster! You can submit a stage for both or choose to just do one! As usual, submit the stage and what it would be like, including possible hazards and cameos.

Job 9:

Submit a Spider-Man related assist character
We are going to be expanding our assist roster! Submit a character to do with the wall crawler. This can be a hero, villian or anyone in between. Remember that this will disconfirm them from the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 9: The Rhino (Alexei Sytsevich)

The Rhino is a pretty straightforward villain - a big dumb Russian thug. He's well-known enough that people would immediately recognize him (the costume helps), but not so well-known that a lot of people would be disappointed if he wasn't playable. There are plenty of other characters who could take on the big strong slow archetype among the playable roster (like Juggernaut, Colossus, or Hulk, for example), so he seems like he'd work well as an assist.

Upon being summoned, he charges straight forward, horn first. He won't stop after hitting someone - he'll keep going until he runs off of the stage or into a wall. (if any stages have walls)

Also, I'm glad to see that Doom made it in!

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Wow, my nominee won! Did not expect to win. Anyway, for Job 8, I would pick the Danger Room as the stage. It's the room the X-Men use to train and it would have machinery and lasers. The floating platform should make enough sense for this room.

As for my Assist, I would pick Miles Morales. There should only be one Spider-Man on the roster, and the playable Spidey has to be Peter Parker. Miles as the Assist would swing around and shoot Venom Blasts, and then disappear with his Spider-Camouflage. Yeah, he has some powers that Peter doesn't, but that doesn't mean I would let him replace Peter on the roster or have the announcer reveal his secret identity to put him next to Peter on the roster. He should be an Assist because you can't sign up the same name as another player.

D

Deleted member

Job 8:
New York City (Spiderman PS4)

It could Fourside-like stage, but it Takes place at New York City, where Spiderman originated. The are no Hazards here, but there are Cameo Places in Background like Avengers Tower or Restaurant from SpiderVerse.
It wouldn't be based on PS4. This game isn't based on any one version of the Marvel universe and is intended to be multi platform. But I'll allow the submission

My own submissions:

Daily Bulge
Takes place in front of the building. A news helicopter with J. Jonah Jameson inside will fly in the background as he shouts. A possible hazard could include members of the sinister six attacking. We could decide these once we've decided our roster a bit more.

Savage Land
A location that has made several appearances in X-Men comics. A hidden land full of Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. The dinosaurs may attempt to attack the player. Characters such as Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu will make cameos.

Black Cat
Spider-Man's sometimes rival sometimes love interest. Black Cat will jump around the stage, attacking fighters with her claws. She will also alterthe diggers around her, giving them bad luck. This will manifest as a status effect such as slow down or reversed controls.

We're gonna vote.

Spider-Man Stage:

X-Men stags:

Spider-Man summon:

D

Deleted member

We aren't getting very many votes so I'm gonna end voting!

The Daily Bugle will be our Spider-Man stage.
The Savage Land will our X-Men stage.
Rhino will be our Spider-Man assist. Congrats to Megadoomer Megadoomer

I have decided to do another character job to bump things up a bit. Since it is our 10th job.

Job 10:

Submit a Female Character

Yep! We're going to be doing another character job! Submit a female character. We're going to be adding two characters from this job.

Job 10:
Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel is a Superheroine from Marvel franchise. Carol was used to be Air-Force pilot, but she was fused with Alien DNA to become Captain Marvel!

Captain Marvel could use a lot of her Superpowers in the Fight, especially on Platform Fighter game. She is also popular and she could deserve the Attention on the Roster!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan

There are a lot of characters that I thought about nominating (the Invisible Woman, the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Squirrel Girl...), but I figure we should get some new blood in here - most of the roster so far has been from the 60's or earlier, with the exception of Wolverine (the 70's).

Ms. Marvel definitely seems like one of Marvel's biggest break-out hits in recent years. Caught in a cloud of Terrigen Mists (back when Marvel was heavily pushing the Inhumans due to petty movie license squabbles), New Jersey teenager Kamala Khan discovered her Inhuman powers and took up the unused pseudonym of her idol Carol Danvers to become the shape-changing Ms. Marvel.

Kamala has the ability to stretch and grow her body, which seems like it would be well-suited for a platform fighter between giant hands, extendable limbs, etc. (Though she uses it differently from Mr. Fantastic, so there shouldn't be overlap if they both get in) She's popular/important enough to play a starring role in the Square-Enix Avengers video game, and readers have quickly formed a connection with her because she's a huge fan of super heroes.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I'd nominate Wasp (Janet van Dyne). And I want her to always be small and looking like Tinker Bell on the battlefield, just to show an idea for how Fairy Girl could work in a platform fighter using my book characters, or if Sakurai looks for Fourth-Party characters and I give him Fairy Girl. However, since Wasp has size-shifting powers like her husband Ant-Man, she can grow for Smash attacks, and she can throw objects that she enlarged with Pym Particles. And you can't forget her Stingers which allows her to fire blasts from her hands, and so happens to be the inspiration of Fairy Girl's fairy bolts. But Fairy Girl can't copy Wasp's size-changing moves because I couldn't work out how her clothes (including her backpack with all her stuff!) can shrink with her, as she isn't the wife of a scientist who uses shrinking tech to study ants, Fairy Girl is just a 5-inch-tall half-alien. And it's good that I'm distancing her from Wasp even though I'm making her more like a tiny Supergirl. Oh, right we're nominating a Marvel character for a hypothetical Marvel Smash game.

Wasp is my nomination.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #10: Storm
0537D669-3CE6-4DE6-9D5A-3B623C60966E.png

Storm is one of the X-Men’s longest running and most iconic members. Storm was one of the first black comic book characters and one of the first black female comic book characters as well, only behind Misty Knight. Storm (AKA Ororo Munroe) was a orphan and pick-pocket thief, when her parents died in a plane crash. Eventually, she went south towards the Serengeti plans and used her mutant gifts to help locals and become a goddess. She eventually met Charles Xavier and accepted his offer to join the X-Men. Storm can manipulate all different forms of weather. She could send gusts of winds, lightning out of the sky, and bad hail storms to appear, pretty much anything involving the weather.

D

Deleted member

My submission::

Scarlet Witch

A character who has grew in popularity over the last couple years due to her appearances in the MCU, even receiving her own streaming series. Her Hex magic would give her a really interesting play style.

Voting Time.
Job 10:
Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel is a Superheroine from Marvel franchise. Carol was used to be Air-Force pilot, but she was fused with Alien DNA to become Captain Marvel!

Captain Marvel could use a lot of her Superpowers in the Fight, especially on Platform Fighter game. She is also popular and she could deserve the Attention on the Roster!

Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan

There are a lot of characters that I thought about nominating (the Invisible Woman, the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Squirrel Girl...), but I figure we should get some new blood in here - most of the roster so far has been from the 60's or earlier, with the exception of Wolverine (the 70's).

Ms. Marvel definitely seems like one of Marvel's biggest break-out hits in recent years. Caught in a cloud of Terrigen Mists (back when Marvel was heavily pushing the Inhumans due to petty movie license squabbles), New Jersey teenager Kamala Khan discovered her Inhuman powers and took up the unused pseudonym of her idol Carol Danvers to become the shape-changing Ms. Marvel.

Kamala has the ability to stretch and grow her body, which seems like it would be well-suited for a platform fighter between giant hands, extendable limbs, etc. (Though she uses it differently from Mr. Fantastic, so there shouldn't be overlap if they both get in) She's popular/important enough to play a starring role in the Square-Enix Avengers video game, and readers have quickly formed a connection with her because she's a huge fan of super heroes.
I'd nominate Wasp (Janet van Dyne). And I want her to always be small and looking like Tinker Bell on the battlefield, just to show an idea for how Fairy Girl could work in a platform fighter using my book characters, or if Sakurai looks for Fourth-Party characters and I give him Fairy Girl. However, since Wasp has size-shifting powers like her husband Ant-Man, she can grow for Smash attacks, and she can throw objects that she enlarged with Pym Particles. And you can't forget her Stingers which allows her to fire blasts from her hands, and so happens to be the inspiration of Fairy Girl's fairy bolts. But Fairy Girl can't copy Wasp's size-changing moves because I couldn't work out how her clothes (including her backpack with all her stuff!) can shrink with her, as she isn't the wife of a scientist who uses shrinking tech to study ants, Fairy Girl is just a 5-inch-tall half-alien. And it's good that I'm distancing her from Wasp even though I'm making her more like a tiny Supergirl. Oh, right we're nominating a Marvel character for a hypothetical Marvel Smash game.

Wasp is my nomination.
Job #10: Storm
View attachment 336281
Storm is one of the X-Men’s longest running and most iconic members. Storm was one of the first black comic book characters and one of the first black female comic book characters as well, only behind Misty Knight. Storm (AKA Ororo Munroe) was a orphan and pick-pocket thief, when her parents died in a plane crash. Eventually, she went south towards the Serengeti plans and used her mutant gifts to help locals and become a goddess. She eventually met Charles Xavier and accepted his offer to join the X-Men. Storm can manipulate all different forms of weather. She could send gusts of winds, lightning out of the sky, and bad hail storms to appear, pretty much anything involving the weather.

In list form

Captain Marvel - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Ms. Marvel - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Wasp - Sean Wheeler Sean Wheeler
Storm - evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Scarlet Witch - @Darkonedagger

Vote as usual. Top Three. You can self vote but not in first place.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Assuming I still can't put my own nomination in first...

1. Captain Marvel
2. Ms. Marvel
3. Storm

This was a tough call (I could have put any of the nominees in the top 3), but I felt like it would be fitting to have Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel get in at the same time.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
1. Ms. Marvel
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Storm

Can't believe nobody nominated Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Kitty Pryde or Gwenpool because I would have voted one of them. But at least I got Ms. Marvel to vote on.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS (basically, it was a Smash Bros.-like game starring characters from the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump, which produced manga like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), but I'm tempted to make sprites similar to what that game had, even if it's just a single standing sprite for the playable characters.

That game also had panels which were used to represent playable characters, assists, or passive supports depending on the size of the panels in question (4 or bigger were playable characters, 2-3 were assists, and 1 were the passive abilities), so I'm definitely going to try to make those for this roster. (at the very least, it gives me a reason to look into series that I might not have otherwise looked into) For an example, here's my take on Dr. Doom:

DOOM.png

Doom sprites.png

Admittedly, I don't know how likely it is that I'd be able to make sprites for everyone (for Doom, I used a pre-existing sprite - that might work for the likes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Captain America, but it might not work for everyone), but I'm willing to try, at least.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS (basically, it was a Smash Bros.-like game starring characters from the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump, which produced manga like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), but I'm tempted to make sprites similar to what that game had, even if it's just a single standing sprite for the playable characters.

That game also had panels which were used to represent playable characters, assists, or passive supports depending on the size of the panels in question (4 or bigger were playable characters, 2-3 were assists, and 1 were the passive abilities), so I'm definitely going to try to make those for this roster. (at the very least, it gives me a reason to look into series that I might not have otherwise looked into) For an example, here's my take on Dr. Doom:

View attachment 336428

View attachment 336429

Admittedly, I don't know how likely it is that I'd be able to make sprites for everyone (for Doom, I used a pre-existing sprite - that might work for the likes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Captain America, but it might not work for everyone), but I'm willing to try, at least.
This is amazing!

D

Deleted member

Thinking of Retooling the gameplay a bit. It being the exact same as Smash is a bit boring. Maybe something like the aforementioned jump ultimate stars?

I am open to suggestions.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thinking of Retooling the gameplay a bit. It being the exact same as Smash is a bit boring. Maybe something like the aforementioned jump ultimate stars?
Maybe a mix of the two? I'm sure there's some aspects of Jump Ultimate Stars that people would like (such as being able to summon assists at any time, with a cooldown that varies based on how powerful the assist is), but others that might not be as well-received (such as the lack of emphasis on recovery, or the rock-paper-scissors system where some characters have advantages against others).

Here's an overview, in case people haven't played that game. I've played Jump Ultimate Stars (it's the only Japanese-language game that I got on my DS), so I can go into a bit more detail.

The idea of building a comic page could be interesting; it could lead to the game being like Smash Ultimate's Squad Strike mode, or the ratio system from Capcom vs. SNK. Basically, you have a limited space to put together a comic page, and you need to have at least one playable character (4-8 panels), one assist (2 or 3 panels), and one passive (1 panel). You have twenty panels to fit the characters into, so for example, you could have two very powerful characters, one assist, and two passive slots:

sample panel 1.png

...or you could have a bunch of weaker characters, meaning that you'd have more lives to work with, more assists to use, and so on.

Sample Panel 2.png

(these are all just examples, and including a character as a smaller panel doesn't mean that I don't want them playable. It's worth noting that playable characters can still be used as supports or passive buffs - you just can't have a playable version and a support or passive version of the same character in the same group/page)

It probably wouldn't work exactly like Jump Ultimate Stars, since that game had a touch screen, but maybe you could order the playable characters like in Capcom vs. SNK (so pick who goes first, second, third, or possibly fourth) and use the D-pad to summon assists, with each one having a separate cooldown. (though rather than having characters have two different support attacks, maybe the level 3 one could be more effective but have a longer cooldown than the level 2 one, but they'd be identical otherwise)

I'm not sure how the controls would work; in Jump Ultimate Stars, specials are tied to a special meter, and those specials change depending on whether you're using the four-panel version of a character, the five-panel version, etc. I don't think we need to go that far; maybe we could just make it so larger panels mean better stats, but the characters play the same whether you're using the four panel version or the eight panel version.

Jump Ultimate Stars has some characters transform in the higher-level panels (so Goku goes Super Saiyan or turns into Vegito, Naruto gets his Nine Tails form, etc.), but that seems like it would be a bit much, especially when comic books don't use transformations as much as manga does. Maybe unlocking some higher-level panels unlocks an alternate costume for that character, to give people motivation to keep upgrading the characters.

Then again, I could see people min-maxing that kind of a system to make a character that's completely overpowered (ex. an eight-panel Thanos with one or two powerful supports and a ton of passive buffs), so maybe it's best to just keep it simple and stick to a Smash Bros.-like gameplay.

(I'm probably overcomplicating this, especially for a game that's never actually going to happen haha. I just love getting creative with stuff like this)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The results are in!

Captain Marvel - 5
Ms. Marvel - 8
Wasp - 5
Storm - 7
Scarlet Witch - 5

Our winners are Ms. Marvel and Storm ! The Weather Godesses and the Inhuman Marvel join the roster ! Congrats to evanwoo10 evanwoo10 and Megadoomer Megadoomer !

For our specials. We will be doing smash style specials. The final smash will be activated via a meter that is built up.

However. I really Megadoomer's comic panels idea. Would this be something you all would be interested in including? We could hash out the details.

Edit: I have included a poll above.

This brings us onto our next submissions:

Job 11:
Submit a moveset for Iron Man and/or Captain America

Yep! It's time. We need to fill out those movesets. However. Since doing a moveset is hard work and we don't get a lot of participants, I will only ask you to submit the specials and the ultimate attack. We will be doing these jobs groups of two for now. You can submit for both or only one.

Also I intend to finally update the op tomorrow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Iron Man:

Neutral Special:
Unibeam - Iron Man fires a laser from the chest of his armour. This can be held to charge it up, increasing the range and power.
Up Special: Rocket Uppercut - a pretty bog-standard Shoryuken, assisted by rockets in his armour
Side Special: Jet Booster - using his jet boots, Iron Man launches himself forwards, with an aura surrounding him.
Down Special: Smart Bomb - Iron Man launches some bombs from shoulder-mounted cannons, which act similarly to how they do in the Marvel vs. Capcom games
Ultimate Attack: House Party - Iron Man launches out a missile, and whoever is caught in the explosion is dazed as it transitions into a cutscene super. Dozens of remote-controlled Iron Man suits fly in, ganging up on the opponent(s) before Tony flies in piloting the Hulkbuster Armour, firing a massive repulsor blast at the opponent(s).

Captain America:

Neutral Special:
Mighty Shield - Captain America throws his shield. Usually, it will bounce right back to him, much like Link's boomerang. (if it doesn't connect with him, it will still appear in his hand moments later)
Up Special: Stars and Stripes - basically a Shoryuken, holding his shield in front of him
Side Special: Charging Star - holding his shield in front of him, Captain America charges forward.
Down Special: Retaliation - Captain America stands his ground, holding his shield in front of him in a different pose than his guard. If he's attacked, he counters it with a punch to the face like his first comic cover where he punched Hitler.
Ultimate Attack: River of Truth - an extended melee combo with the punches, kicks, and shield smacks flowing smoothly into each other, using a variety of fighting styles that Cap has picked up over the years.

Not my most original (I borrowed a good chunk of both movesets from Marvel vs. Capcom), but Cap's primarily a melee fighter from what I've seen, with nothing especially flashy. I could look deeper into Iron Man's arsenal, but I figured it might be best to keep it simple, since I'm not sure if we're including alternate costumes. (if we include the very first Iron Man suit, for example, it would be quite low-tech, so I didn't want to include stuff like nanomachines)

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Why are we doing Iron Man and Captain America if Ms. Marvel and Storm won the voting?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems like people like my panel idea, so I put together some Iron Man panels. (no sprite this time; Iron Man's suit seems a lot more streamlined now than it was in the 90's, so I'm not as sure if I could edit the pre-existing sprites to make that change)

iron man panels.png

I'm not sure whether to go with eight-panels for everyone or just certain characters; I'm leaning towards everyone, so that way, if people want to play as their favourite character, they aren't stuck with a weaker version. (if people would prefer different panels/covers to be used as the pictures, or alternate panel layouts like how Dr. Doom has different eight-panel versions, I can make them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 11:

Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Iron Man and Captain America movests will be used !

Doomer's comic panal mechanic will also be added! It will work as described in his post. Upgrading panels will unlock costumes and possibly other extras we will touch on soon.

I will start our next jobs shortly.

D

Deleted member

Job 12:
Submit a moveset for Spider-Man and / or Wolverine
Same as the last job but for Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Also I finally updated the OP.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spider-Man:

Neutral Special:
Web Ball - Spider-Man fires a ball of webbing, which stuns opponents for a bit longer than other projectiles to leave them open for his regular attacks.
Up Special: Web Line - Spidey shoots a string of webs upwards. It acts as a tether recovery, or if it hits an airborne enemy, Spider-Man pulls himself up to the opponent, leaping off of them to get some extra height.
Side Special: Quick Zip - shooting a web forward, Spider-Man sling-shots straight ahead, giving him lots of mobility but not dealing much damage.
Down Special: Spider-Drone - Spider-Man places a Spider-Drone on the ground, which digs its legs in. If anyone gets close enough to it, it will fire an electrical blast to stun and damage the target before self-destructing. However, the blast has a short charge-up time before it fires, and attacking the drone will destroy it. Much like Snake's C4 in Smash, Spider-Man can only have one drone active at once.
Ultimate Attack: Sticky Situation - leaping into the air, Spider-Man fires webs in all directions, with any character who's hit by them getting caught in place. After he's fired enough webs, he grabs on to the individual strands and pulls them together into one massive ball, slamming it (and anyone caught in the webs) into the ground and sending the trapped fighters flying.

Wolverine:

Neutral Special:
X Slash - Wolverine slashes his claws in an X motion, starting high and going low. This move can be charged, and deals extra damage to shields/guarding opponents.
Up Special: Tornado Claw - Wolverine spins with his claws extended, becoming a human (er, mutant) drill as he launches into the air.
Side Special: Berserker Barrage - Wolverine dashes forward, swinging his claws in front of him.
Down Special: Adamantium Assault - Wolverine holds his arms out, spinning like Incineroar's Darkest Lariat. This has more range and does more damage than Tornado Claw, though it doesn't provide any recovery.
Ultimate Attack: The Best There Is - unusually, this ultimate move acts as a counter. As a result, it deals a bit more damage than other ultimate moves, though it can be negated by grabbing Wolverine or waiting it out, and he can only target one person at a time. If the opponent hits Wolverine, it transitions to a cutscene where he's knocked back. Wiping his chin, he says something like "Okay, bub - you've taken your best shot. Now it's my turn!" before lunging at the opponent and stabbing at them repeatedly and viciously from the opponent's first person perspective. The brutality of his strikes are left to the imagination.

I thought about incorporating Wolverine's healing factor somehow, but I'm not sure how the stages are going to get, and I figure that having a character who could heal on command, especially in two-on-two fights, would be overpowered no matter how you slice it.

EDIT: I might have gone a bit overboard with coming up with panels for Spider-Man, though to be fair, it's Marvel's flagship character, so it seems justified.

Spider-Man Panels.png

These don't all have to be alternate costumes (Leopardon seems like it would be a costume inspired by the giant robot, as opposed to him dressing exactly like it), but I couldn't stop myself; I had no shortage of ideas.

EDIT:

captain america panels.png

I also made some Captain America panels. I didn't go as crazy here as I did with Spider-Man, though I'm glad that I managed to include some Alex Ross artwork, along with Cap punching Hitler in the face. (the inclusion of that one felt mandatory)

EDIT 2: made panels for Ms. Marvel

Ms Marvel panels.png

It was a bit tougher to get variety since she's a newer character, but I think I did a good job with capturing her characterization.

EDIT 3: since it didn't take long to do, I also made panels for the support characters that have been added so far.

supports A.png

EDIT 4: another set of panels - this time, it's Wolverine.

Wolverine panels.png

I honestly didn't expect to get this many, but much like with Spider-Man, the ideas kept coming. (the seven panel at the top, with the yellow eyes and orange scarf, is Wolverine as Apocalypse's Horseman of War) I was originally planning to just leave him with one eight-panel image (the one on the far right), but then I read the Wolverine mini-series where he went to Japan and that image of him with the shadowed face standing on the bodies of ninjas was too great to pass up.

EDIT 5: And here's Storm:

Storm panels.png

I hope they turned out all right; I'm not as familiar with the X-Men as I am with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, or Spider-Man, so I wasn't sure which panels to pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Megadoomer Megadoomer 's movesets win!

I want to apoglize that this has been so slow. I'm dealing with some IRL stuff.

Gonna take a break from movesets for a bit

Job 13:

Submit alternative costumes for Iron Man and Captain America

Yep! Submit alt costumes for the First Avenger and the Armorerd Avenger! Each character will have eight costumes. Extra costumes may be available as extra unlocks. Right now I'll ask that you don't submit costumes that would change voices.

If you all feel eight is too many we could cut it down to four

Job 14:
Submit a Game Mode
Submit an idea for a game mode! Can be anything but I'm going to ask that you don't submit a story or Arcade more as we will be doing separate jobs for these.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to go with four costumes each for now, since I feel like it would be tough to come up with eight separate costumes for a newer character like Ms. Marvel. (if we need to include eight, I can edit more in later)

Iron Man costumes:

1. Extremis Armour (it seems like a sleeker/updated version of his classic armour)

2. Stealth Armour

3. Arctic Armour

4. Atmospheric Armour

(I'd think that Superior Iron Man would be unlockable, since it would probably change his voice lines, even if it's just to make him sound more arrogant)

Captain America costumes:

1. Classic Cap

2. Steve Rogers (he'd presumably use the same shield, or at least a shield that's circular, for every costume to keep hitboxes the same)

3. Yeoman America:

4. Military Fatigues:

I tried to stick with costumes that the characters had worn in the main universe, rather than getting into Ultimate universe costumes and ones from other alternate universes. (I probably didn't need to, but I figured that the Ultimate version of Cap would act differently from the main one, for example)

Mode Idea: Event Mode

Much like Melee and Brawl, this would be a mode where you have to complete matches under specific circumstances, whether it's being forced to use a certain character, survive for a certain amount of time, etc. It seems like there would be a lot of creative freedom with a mode like this, and it would also allow for plenty of references to storylines from the comics.

EDIT: I also made some panels for Namor:

Namor panels.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom