• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It would be criminal if we don't have separate alts for Marc and Steven's suits should Moon Knight win.
I think an interesting route to go would be making them a transformation character, similar to Pyra and Mythra. Steven would be quicker but weaker, Jake would be slow but brutal, and Marc would be somewhere in the middle.

of course this all goes out the window if we base him off the comics. None of the alters are particularly adverse to violence, and if I'm not mistaken Moon Knight and Mr. Knight are seperate alters entirely. Still a fun idea.

Anyways I think I'll submit Loki again.
I was going to submit Wiccan, but I fear he'd be a bit too similar to Wanda so I'll go another route.
Character Submission - Loki (Journey Into Mystery/Thor/Loki)
View attachment 352219
Loki's been a lot of things in the comics. Sometimes he's a hero, sometimes he's a villain, sometimes he's both. Sometimes he's a teenager, sometimes she's a woman, sometimes they're running for President of the United States, and sometimes he's Sorcerer Supreme. But if there's one thing the god of mischief (or stories) won't ever do, it's being predictable. His long and vast history is ripe for moveset potential. He can use illusions to trick his foes, shapeshift into a variety of forms, and perhaps even use cryokinesis from his frost giant heritage? There's also the uncountable number of magical trinkets he's used over the years that could be used as well. If we want to bring aspects of the character from the MCU (which I feel would be warranted, considering how beloved Tom Hiddleston is in the role), we could give him the Scepter (which housed the Mind Stone), the Tessarect (housing the Space Stone), and any number of objects the TVA had at their disposal. Loki is an obvious choice for this game, and I hope that everyone else sees it.
Vote Loki (Paperback) - Walmart.com

D

Deleted member

Scarlet_Witch_(Featured)_-_Outfit_-_Fortnite.png

Gonna swap mine out for Scarlet Witch. Marvel have been pushing her hard lately and she has a cool power set

I was going to submit Wiccan, but I fear he'd be a bit too similar to Wanda so I'll go another route.
Character Submission - Loki (Journey Into Mystery/Thor/Loki)
View attachment 352219
Loki's been a lot of things in the comics. Sometimes he's a hero, sometimes he's a villain, sometimes he's both. Sometimes he's a teenager, sometimes she's a woman, sometimes they're running for President of the United States, and sometimes he's Sorcerer Supreme. But if there's one thing the god of mischief (or stories) won't ever do, it's being predictable. His long and vast history is ripe for moveset potential. He can use illusions to trick his foes, shapeshift into a variety of forms, and perhaps even use cryokinesis from his frost giant heritage? There's also the uncountable number of magical trinkets he's used over the years that could be used as well. If we want to bring aspects of the character from the MCU (which I feel would be warranted, considering how beloved Tom Hiddleston is in the role), we could give him the Scepter (which housed the Mind Stone), the Tessarect (housing the Space Stone), and any number of objects the TVA had at their disposal. Loki is an obvious choice for this game, and I hope that everyone else sees it.
Vote Loki (Paperback) - Walmart.com
Submitting Gambit, badass mutant who throws cards that explodes?, I don't know man but I think he must be here.
ANYONE, you say? Hmmm...

Taskmaster

Taskmaster is a very unique fighter. How he works is that he copies the moveset of a random opponent whenever the match starts (so just his opponent if it's a 1v1). So he's basically one echo fighter for the entire roster. You might be wondering how he copies some of the roster, like Hulk and Doc Ock, but trust me when I say that this guy has some serious technological skill. Maybe he has some copied Octavius arms or his own variant of the Hulkbuster somewhere. This saves us quite a lot of work from including other echoes or clones, and Taskmaster's just really cool in general.
EDIT: I should also probably mention that there are plenty of other ways for Taskmaster to work, like only having one special that echoes his opponent (like Kirby) or giving him a little menu of the cast to choose to echo before the match starts. We can decide on that stuff later.

Ben Grimm/The Thing

I feel like we should include a member of the Fantastic Four in here - we have their main villain, a member of their supporting cast, and the final boss of the single player mode is a big threat that they've had to deal with on a regular basis (there's also Namor, who seems to fall into any of those categories depending on how he feels that day). Reed would be a, pardon the pun, fantastic addition, and there's plenty that he could do beyond stretching...

...but if I had to pick one member of the team, then you'd better check your watch, 'cause it's Clobberin' Time!

Ben Grimm, a.k.a. Aunt Petunia's favourite nephew, a.k.a. the Idol o' Millions, a.k.a. Blackbeard, a.k.a. the Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Thing was, much like his teammates on the Fantastic Four, caught in a storm of cosmic radiation and transformed. The main catch is that, unlike his teammates, he can't turn his powers off, leaving him a living mound of rock.

As a result, he was the "wild card" of the group, temperamental and hard to predict. He viewed his powers as a curse at first, but eventually, he met and fell in love with the blind Alicia Masters, who could tell how kind and gentle he was without being frightened by his monstrous appearance.

Ben has super strength and enhanced durability - while not as strong as the Hulk (even if he refuses to admit it), he's smarter than ol' Jade Jaws (he was an astronaut, after all) and he's an excellent boxer and wrestler (even participating in the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation, which is basically WWE for superpowered people), which can help to change his moveset up and make him a grappler in contrast to the Hulk, who would likely be more of a hard-hitting rushdown character.
Moon Knight

Marc Spector (AKA Moon Knight) is a Marvel Superhero,he was a mercenary left of dead in the dessert and he was revived by Khonshu.
Moon Knight's attacks would be his fists and weapons that he use it.
Frank Castle
The Punisher

View attachment 354614
Gambit - Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Taskmaster - Janx_uwu
The Thing - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Moon Knight - DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Punisher - Oddball Oddball
Loki - PeridotGX PeridotGX
Scarlet Witch - me

Vote for top three. Own can't be in first

1. Loki
2. Thing
3. Wanda

Mysterio is our next assist

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 354656
Gonna swap mine out for Scarlet Witch. Marvel have been pushing her hard lately and she has a cool power set
Wanda's already on the roster, though; she was added at the same time as Dr. Strange.

1. Loki
2. The Thing
3. Moon Knight

(if you change your nomination back to Reed, then I'll go with
1. Mr. Fantastic
2. The Thing
3. Loki)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom