• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Microsoft Platform Fighter(Replay)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
So far there's been many platform fighters for gaming companies, Nintendo has Smash Bros, Playstation has Playstation All Stars, and some of us on Smashboards including myself have made Battle of AGES for SEGA. But the one idea that I'm most interested in is an Smash Bros variant for Microsoft. This is mainly the reason because either they all fall flat or they claim that Microsoft doesn't have enough representation for a platform fighter. That's why we are going to prove them wrong. Let's go!​

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Here's the prechosen ideas for this thread:

Fighter #1: Master Chief/John-117(Halo)
Fighter #2: Banjo and Kazooie(Banjo-Kazooie)
Stage #1: Halo(Halo)

And now onto the jobs!

JOB 1: Submit a number for the fighters in this game(This has to be a number below 50)

JOB 2: Submit a Classic and Modern Character(Classic is before the Xbox comes out and Modern is after. No Bethesda or Activision characters yet and make sure that these are the more memorable ips for now)

Have fun!

Job 1:
I think we should go with 30, since rest of Microsoft IP we should leave as stages, assists or etc.
(Also we can't oversature with a lot of IPs)

Job 2:
Classic character:
Rash (BattleToads)

Rash is the main Protagonist of 1991 Beatem Up BattleToads game and he is is leader of mutated frog trio that fight evil alien to defeat Dark Queen while travelling through universe.
Although it revealed that they were trapped in Fantasy bunker for 26 years by Aliens and they need to defeat them.

His moveset would be taken from BattleToads games and he would be rushdown Fighter with no moveset options.
Also keep in mind that Rash would have alternative costume based on Zitz and Pimple.

Modern character:
Steve (Minecraft)

Steve is an Avatar of huge hit game "Minecraft" made by Mojang Studios and he is a blocky human that has ability to craft and build random stuff in world of Minecraft.
His game got so popular that he joined Smash because of that and his game was one of best-selling video game ever made.

He would retain moveset from Smash, but he would have some Reworks in order to not copy-and-paste moveset from Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna go 40.
5018904-clippy-black-tar-heroin-memes-png-image-transparent-png-free-clippy-transparent-820_502.png

Clippy
If we're going with classic Microsoft then you can't go much more old school than this. He would have a wacky Oddball moveset full of references to windows products.
Marcus_Fenix_(character).png

Marcus Fenix

Gears of War is a big Xbox franchise and really should be part of a game like this. He'd use the many weapons found in the games.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
JOB 2:
Classic Character: Jago

Jago is the main protagonist from the fighting game Killer Instinct. He is a monk from The Tiger Spirit Temple in Tibet and was urged by said spirit to join the Ultratech fighting tourney

Modern Character: Blinx the Time Sweeping Cat

Blinx was originally going to be the mascot for the Xbox before the game did very poorly. Maybe this time he will rise to fame.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, the whole "submit a classic character" thing seems rigged to ensure another Rare character will be added, especially with Bethesda and ActiBlizz disallowed. Having Banjo by default instead of Crash/Doomguy/Fenix/Price/Clippy/Tracer/literally anyone else is questionable as is.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Classic Fighter - Space Cadet from the old pre-installed windows pinball game

Modern Fighter - Fable Hero

Honestly, the whole "submit a classic character" thing seems rigged to ensure another Rare character will be added, especially with Bethesda and ActiBlizz disallowed. Having Banjo by default instead of Crash/Doomguy/Fenix/Price/Clippy/Tracer/literally anyone else is questionable as is.
I think he chose Banjo as default fighter, because he is in Smash and he is one of notable Rare characters.

D

Deleted member

Even as someone who likes Rare and really feels like Banjo should be in any sort of Xbox fighter, I wouldn't call rare their most recognizable ip

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a good advice to fix this problem.

Maybe the second job should be called "Submit a Microsoft character", just other creation threads do this type of job.
It would be loose one I think...
(Or just make Master Chief locked fighter)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
No? It isn't? Look outside the Nintendo fandom bubble for a little - I don't think Xbox fans are particularly known to talk about Rare's library.
Sorry about that but I will still keep Banjo as a fighter. But there are still classic characters that aren't part of Rare like Clippy,Space Cadet, Age of Empires, MechCommander and Microsoft Flight Simulator. I also meant in terms of classic Xbox on earlier but thanks anyways.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Okay submission time is done,here is what we have!

Job 1:
30(Tankman)
40(DarkOneDagger)
42(Me)
49(DRK26)

Job 2:
Classic:
Rash (Tankman)
Clippy (Microsoft)
Jago(Me)
Space Cadet(Nirvana)

Modern:
Steve (Tankman)
Marcus Fenix (DarkOneDagger)
Blinx(Me)
Hero(Nirvana)

Vote for your Top 2 in each catergory and self-vote in last place

Have Fun!

D

Deleted member

1. Rash
2. Clippy

1. Steve
2. Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting is over! Here's the results!
For Job 1:
30 - 3 votes
40 - 5 votes
42 - 1 vote
49 - 4 votes
Our platform fighter will have 40 fighters!
For Job 2(Classic):
Rash - 8 votes
Clippy - 5 votes
Jago - 6 votes
Space Cadet - 2 votes
Our classic fighter will be Rash from Battletoads! Congrats Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !
For Job 2(Modern):
Steve - 11 Points
Marcus Fenix - 11 Points
Blinx - 0 points
Fable Hero - 0 points
Looks like we are in a tie for modern fighter. For ties, I'm selecting the character that most people voted for in 1st place. And that fighter is Steve! Congrats Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds yet again!
Now onto the next jobs:
JOB 3: Submit a name for the game
JOB 4: Master Chief/John-117 Moveset

If you are confused,here is the outline for the moveset:
  • General Movestyle/ Gimmick if the character has one
  • 4 Special Moves(Neutral,Side,Up and Down) with an Final Attack
  • 8 Palette Swaps
  • Additional Info(Taunts,Idle and Victory Animations etc)

Now Have Fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
JOB 3:
"Microsoft X-Bout"
It was picked last time and it sounded nice when I thought about it

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submission time is done! Here's what we got!
Job 3:
Microsoft X-Bout(Me)
Microsoft All Stars Battle(Tankman)
Microsoft Melee(NSM)
Vote here: the link is now closed

For Job 4, Northsouthmap Northsouthmap wins by default! Congrats!

While we wait for voting...
Job 5: Description and Tracklist for Halo

Our first stage job...Describe what Halo the Stage will be like and submit 16 tracks for it

Have fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom