• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Marvel vs. DC

What type of game should this be?

• 2D

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platform

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 14: The Anti-Monitor

The Anti-Monitor is the main villain of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and a big (both literally and metaphorically) cosmic threat. While I'm not overly familiar with the character, he is the one responsible for whittling down DC's infinite universes down to one. (Though this was undone later, given how much storytelling potential there is in alternate universes) By my understanding, if he shows up, things are about to go horribly wrong.

It might be unoriginal of me to submit two giants in a row as bosses, but I figure it's best to avoid characters that could be playable, and the Anti-Monitor is a multiversal threat that could be used to justify the Marvel and DC universes being brought together.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
ThE Anti Monitor will be added as a boss

Job 15

Submit a Marvel and a DC Character who Rival each other.

Each character on both sides will have a rival of sorts, so for this job you will submit one of these pairs.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dr Strange and Dr Fate

Both are the masters of magic in their respective universes with a reliance on a variety of mystical artefacts to supplement and vastly increase their powers capabilities. Dr Strange is known to mess around with a variety of magic that often has immense consequences due to his reckless and arrogant nature whilst Dr Fate is a servant to the Gods of Order and acts to uphold their will. Strange causing such disarray and chaos would naturally draw Fate into battle with him as to restore Order.

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Robin (Damian Wayne) and X-23 (Laura Kinney)

Damian is the son of Batman. Laura is the daughter of Wolverine. Both were born without their fathers' knowledge, and were raised to be assassins before meeting their fathers and becoming heroes. Both are tough, but have softer sides they don't often show. Laura took over the mantle of Wolverine after her dad died, and as we've seen in glimpses into the future, Damian is destined to one day take over the mantle of the Bat as well.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Impossible Man (Marvel) & Mister Mxyzptlk (DC)
9608B72B-DE3D-46A7-B8D5-71A90962D65F.png

8DF8A57D-699A-454E-9F64-B4A267BBF091.png

Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk are both fourth wall breaking and reality-warping visitors. They both enjoying visiting earth to torment or make life difficult towards different heroes. Impossible Man loves to hang out with the Fantastic Four, while Mister Mxyzptlk loves to torment Superman. No matter how much the heroes in their universes try, they both will always manage to get back to earth somehow. Since they both have realty-warping powers, their moveset potential could be unique, fun, and limitless. If they met each other, it would most likely lead towards a huge fight to see who is the best, no matter the casualties.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Deadpool and Deathstroke

2 characters with similar designs, 2 characters with exact opposite personalities

Deadpool was directly inspired by Deathstroke that connection would be what makes them rivals, but their general constrasting personalities would alos make them interesting rivals, Deathstroke is a calm and calculating killer while Deadpool is known for being the Merc with a mouth.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dr Strange and Dr Fate

Both are the masters of magic in their respective universes with a reliance on a variety of mystical artefacts to supplement and vastly increase their powers capabilities. Dr Strange is known to mess around with a variety of magic that often has immense consequences due to his reckless and arrogant nature whilst Dr Fate is a servant to the Gods of Order and acts to uphold their will. Strange causing such disarray and chaos would naturally draw Fate into battle with him as to restore Order.
Robin (Damian Wayne) and X-23 (Laura Kinney)

Damian is the son of Batman. Laura is the daughter of Wolverine. Both were born without their fathers' knowledge, and were raised to be assassins before meeting their fathers and becoming heroes. Both are tough, but have softer sides they don't often show. Laura took over the mantle of Wolverine after her dad died, and as we've seen in glimpses into the future, Damian is destined to one day take over the mantle of the Bat as well.
Impossible Man (Marvel) & Mister Mxyzptlk (DC)
View attachment 328824
View attachment 328831
Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk are both fourth wall breaking and reality-warping visitors. They both enjoying visiting earth to torment or make life difficult towards different heroes. Impossible Man loves to hang out with the Fantastic Four, while Mister Mxyzptlk loves to torment Superman. No matter how much the heroes in their universes try, they both will always manage to get back to earth somehow. Since they both have realty-warping powers, their moveset potential could be unique, fun, and limitless. If they met each other, it would most likely lead towards a huge fight to see who is the best, no matter the casualties.
Deadpool and Deathstroke

2 characters with similar designs, 2 characters with exact opposite personalities

Deadpool was directly inspired by Deathstroke that connection would be what makes them rivals, but their general constrasting personalities would alos make them interesting rivals, Deathstroke is a calm and calculating killer while Deadpool is known for being the Merc with a mouth.
Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate
Damian Wayne and Laura Kinney
Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk
Deadpool and Deathstroke

Vote for your 2 favorite, voting is not ranked, You can vote for your own

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Deadpool and Deathstroke
2. Laura Kinney/Wolverine and Damian Wayne/Robin

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate 3
Damian Wayne and Laura Kinney 4
Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk 3
Deadpool and Deathstroke 5

Deadpool and Deathstroke will both be added

Job 16

Submit an "Invasion" stage

This stage would be a Marvel or DC Stage with the other property invading the area adding the other companies stuff to the background (Think Playstation All-stars)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Limbo (Marvel and DC)

Limbo has different definitions depending on which universe we're talking about. For DC, Limbo is where comic book characters go when they are no longer in print. In Marvel, a few different places are called Limbo, but the one that I'll focus on is a place outside of time, typically ruled by Immortus, a minor Avengers villain.

My idea is to combine the two - it starts out in DC's Limbo, a mostly white old-fashioned city with thick black outlines, where you can see various obscure DC characters in the background (the Ten-Eyed Man (a supervillain with eyes on his fingertips), Streaky (Supergirl's pet cat), Uncle Marvel (an unpowered member of the Marvel family from the days before Captain Marvel/Shazam was bought out by DC), and various other characters who have fallen into obscurity, both heroic and villainous), and after enough time passes, a thick blue-ish fog rolls in.

Immortus's citadel (in colour) looms in the background once the fog fades, and now various Marvel characters from the past, future, and alternate timelines (including Immortus himself) are watching the fight as well. (some examples include Spider-Man Noir, Ghost Rider 2099, the Two-Gun Kid, and Danielle Cage as Captain America, assuming that they aren't playable or available as alternate costumes)

It's worth noting that these characters that I listed don't need to be the background appearances, but they're just examples that came to mind - there are plenty of obscure DC characters, or Marvel characters from different timelines or points in time, who could be used.

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate 3
Damian Wayne and Laura Kinney 4
Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk 3
Deadpool and Deathstroke 5

Deadpool and Deathstroke will both be added
I hate to be that guy, but could I get a recount? You said voting would not be ranked, but it looks like it was.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I hate to be that guy, but could I get a recount? You said voting would not be ranked, but it looks like it was.
Thanks for informing me of this mistake

I want to apologize I forgot that I made the voting not ranked for this character choice, I accidentally counted as If it was ranked.

Here is the recount

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate 2
Damian Wayne and Laura Kinney 3
Impossible Man and Mister Mxyzptlk 2
Deadpool and Deathstroke 2

Damian Wayne Robin and Laura Kinney Wolverine will be added instead of Deadpool and Deathstroke

Again I am sorry for that blunder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom