• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates: Mario and Nintendo Allstars Racing!

What Roster number could be implemented in "Mario and Nintendo Allstars Racing"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Inspiration taken from Mario Kart SGP (cashregister9), Super Nintendo Kart (Glubbfubb), Cartoon Allstars Racing (Glubbfubb) and Sonic and Allstars Racing 3 (KneeOfJustice99).

So, I came up with Idea, where instead of Mario Kart 9, where "Mario and Nintendo Allstars Raing" taking the place of Mario Kart and instead it's spiritual sequel, where instead of Mario characters, there are Nintendo Characters in roster ranging from Mario to miscellaneous franchises. Also, there are Track based on not only Mario franchise, but on Nintendo franchises like Legend of Zelda and Star Fox.
Now let's go to our stuff we have:
  • Mario
  • Link
  • Kirby
  • Captain Falcon
???
???
???
???
???

(I don't want to copy your Super Nintendo Kart thread, Glubbfubb, but I'm trying to make Nintendo character-only game and there are no 3rd Parties like Sonic, so I'm trying to make my own version of it)

Now, let's-a-go to Jobs 1, 2 and 3!
Job 1: Submit a Nintendo Character:
You need to Submit a Nintendo character for Racing game. You need to say it's stats and his Console Debut. Mario and Link are Autopicked, so you need to submit someone else from Nintendo Universe.

Job 2: Choose a Roster number:
The Roster number shouldn't be too big, so the Minimum should be 25 and Maxinum should be 50 Racers.

Job 3: What mechanic we could use?
The most important thing in "Mario and Nintendo Allstars Racing" is mechanic like in Mario Kart games or SEGA Allstars Racing games. So we could have Transformation Gimmick, Mario Kart-like game with Gliders, Anti-Gravity sections and Underwater sections or Callback to Sonic and SEGA Allstars Racing and Older Mario Kart Games or even New Gimmick to the Game. So what will you choose as Gimmick or Create a Gimmick for the Game?

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Job 1: R.O.B.

It's R.O.B. 'nuff said.

Job 2:
32 racers sounds good. Nice round number.

Job 3: Coins but good (temp name)
These coins would be much more numerous with a limit of carrying 100 instead of 10. They would work similar to the ones we have now. The more you have, the faster you go. In addition, whenever you fall into a pit, the more you have, the more you lose. You lose 10% of your coins if you have 10. 25% if you have 25. (Rounded down) And so on. This would make a unique risk-reward system.

Last edited:
Job 1:
Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud is main Protagonist of Star Fox Series and he is the Leader of team Star Fox. He is one of Popular Smash and Nintendo Character, because his first game changed Nintendo History, because of Polygon-rendering game on SNES and there was rumor about Star Fox Grand Prix by Retro Studios being in Development, so why can't we put Fox in Racing game?

He could fly on Arwing like Opa-Opa in SEGA Allstars Racing and his Allstar Move could be, where he calls Team Star Fox to attack the Opponents. Actually, in this game there are character with Flying Vehicles, so it won' be a huge problem.

Job 2:
38 Racers, so we could have some more Base Roster characters.

Job 3:
Modern Mario Kart game gimmicks.

I'll nominate the Anti-Gravity Sections, Gliding and Underwater Sections, because they could allude to Mario Kart games like Mario Kart 7 or 8. They could work for some characters like Mario, because the Gimmick could be like reused element from Mario Kart games.
Characters with Hovering vehicles when they Glide could work like Plane Mode, where you could fly loosely, but they could have small issue being underwater (Unless the Hovering Vehicles' shapes are gonna look like Submarines like Arwing does, so it won't be an huge Problem)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Pikachu (Pokemon)
Pikachu as it appears in Pokémon FireRed LeafGreen.
Since we have Mario and Link, why not round out the big 3 Nintendo franchises?

2. I’ll go with 36 since it is a nice number, and it gives us enough variety (I had 32 originally, but I changed my mind).

I’ll skip 3 since I like the current Mario Kart gimmicks, which were already nominated.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #1: Samus Aran
1639842829492.png

An intergalactic bounty hunter, I think Samus is an interesting pick for this game. Metroid, as a series, is interesting to represent - for instance, locations and the like would be awesome to represent. Plus, Samus is an all-star of Nintendo history!

Job #2: 40.
I think 40 characters is a solid amount, given how Brawl had 39 and has a fairly solid roster (sure there were some omissions but still.)

Job #3: Unique Vehicles.
Similar to Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, I think it would be a nice touch if each character has their own preset vehicle, though it isn't limited to a car - for instance, planes, motorbikes, and the like work well too!

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 1: Kirby

Kirby hasn't starred in a racing game since Kirby Air Ride, an underrated gem of a game (from what I've heard, as I unfortunately haven't played it) and I'd say it's worth taking a stab at having him in a racing game again. He would obviously use the Warp Star as his vehicle.

Job 2:
I agree with KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 . I think 40 would be an appropriate figure for the roster.

Job 3: Trick/combo system
1639844094408.jpeg
1639844124565.jpeg

I also agree with having unique vehicles, but I thought I'd submit something else. I think having tricks and combos that can be performed with the use of halfpipes, ramps, and the like could potentially draw in an audience of hardcore and competitive players, even if it doesn't become the next Mario Kart Wii. The mechanic would actually be more akin to that of the first Sonic Riders game, where, if you know what you're doing, you can perform multiple mid-air tricks at once and get a ranking afterwards.

Last edited:
Now, it's time for voting!
Newcomers:
Baysha:
ROB
Me/Tankman: Fox McCloud
Pupp135: Pikachu
nirvanafan: Captain Falcon
KneeOfJustice99: Samus Aran
Butters Stotch: Kirby

Vote for your top 3 favorites! You can place your submission at 2nd place or 3rd place!

Roster Number in on Poll, so you need to vote which number could fit perfectly!

Gimmicks:
Baysha:
Coins, but good (Risk-Reward gimmick)
Me/Tankman: Modern Mario-Kart (Gliders, Underwater and Anti-Gravity)
nirvanafan: Double Dash
KneeOfJustice99: Unique Vehicles (MotorBikes and Planes)
Butters Stotch: Trick/Combo System

Like always, vote for your 3 favorites and you can pick your own submission on 2nd place or 3rd place.

All submissions are Good!

My Votes:
Characters:
1. ROB (I could want to make him like AGES from SEGA Allstars Racimg Transformed)
2. Fox McCloud
3. Captain Falcon

Gimmicks:
1. Unique Vehicles
2. Modern Mario Kart gimmicks
3. Double Dash

Baysha

Smash Ace
Kirby
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon

Trick System
Coins but Good
Unique Vehicles

End of the voting!
Character Results:
Baysha Baysha :
R.O.B - 9 Votes
Me: Fox McCloud - 4 Votes
nirvanafan nirvanafan : Captain Falcon - 19 Votes!
Pupp135 Pupp135 :
Pikachu - 1 vote.
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 : Samus Aran - 2 votes
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch : Kirby - 17 votes!

Captain Falcon and Kirby are joining the Roster!
Congratulations for Butters Stotch and KneeOfJustice99!

There is a tie in Poll, so we can choose 36 racers.

Gimmick Results:
Baysha Baysha :
Coins, but good - 8 votes
Me: Modern Mario Kart-Gimmicks - 8 votes
nirvanafan nirvanafan : Double Dash - 4 votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 : Unique Vehicles - 16 votes!
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch :
Trick/Combo system - 12 votes.

Unique vehicles is now added as gimmick in "Mario and Nintendo Allstars"! Thanks for KneeOfJustice99 for implementing this gimmick!
Or maybe we can also put Trick/Combo system into the game... (I know I can't let this gimmick to be in game, but due to fan demand, let's just put as second gimmick to make it more Mario Kart-like game)
And maybe for Butters Stotch, since both voted were higher than 10, so maybe it's gonna be included as side gimmick.

Hold on! Before we get into tracks, we have Unique Vehicles, but can we leave them in traditional way or Transforming Way?

New poll is gonna appear over our thread and vote on how Unique Vehicles could work.

I'm not gonna submit jobs about Tracks right now, because we need to decide between traditional gameplay of Unique Vehicles or Transforemd Vehicles.

Is this thread dead? There's a lot of talk recently about Nintendo kart and the concept sounds so fun to me. If the game continue I'll be active here!
Okay, Sorry for inactivity.
I need to tell you why I stopped doing the content:
1. I hadn't any time and I forgot about it.
2. When I heard about Mario Kart Crossroads, where there was Nintendo Crossover, I realized that wouldn't make sense despite Nintendo actually was Making Mario kart crossroads game.

Since there wasn't any new announcements of Mario Kart Crossroads/Nintendo Kart, I will bring it back without the doubt.

Also, here's the poll about how vehicles could work in Mario and Nintendo Allstars Racing:

Meaning:
Traditional - Just Bikes or random vehicles without transformation gimmick.
Transformed - Same but with Vehicle Transformation gimmick from Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom