• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: LEGO Dimensions 2

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #18: Thunderbirds.

Based on the beloved British series, and the wider works of Gerry Anderson, Thunderbirds was a television series following the Tracy family and their exploits as International Rescue, using their array of incredible vehicles known as the Thunderbirds as well as plenty of expertise to rescue people from all over the world - and even from space! The overall IP in this case would focus on the original Thunderbirds, but could also provide stuff from other Anderson series such as Captain Scarlet, Stingray, and Space 1999 amongst others - all of which have become a celebrated part of British legacy.

In terms of gameplay, I can imagine that the "hub" of this world would be Tracy Island - a picturesque archeplago amongst the Pacific Ocean, containing a state of the art mansion in which the Tracy family live - but also a huge number of secretive compartments and hangars, allowing the Thunderbirds to be stored and to be sent on their way in a moment's notice. There'd also be a connection to Thunderbird 5, a space station that monitors communications from far above the surface of Earth and keeps it's eyes peeled for rescue requests. However, various missions could take place in unique locations that could use the abilities of various builds to their advantage in various different places like the deep ocean, a volcano, or even the Moon (if we wanted to represent Space 1999?)

In terms of characters, one of the Tracy children feels like an obvious choice, and in terms of builds, the Thunderbirds themselves provide a lot of opportunities - as do various Pod vehicles such as the Mole, a mining vehicle. There's also plenty of opportunities for alternate characters, such as Brains or Lady Penelope, to be added - introducing interesting places of their own such as London to the Thunderbirds world.

Overall, whilst not as recognisable in somewhere like America as other pieces of media, Thunderbirds is still a juggernaut that's been around since the 60s - and it's not going anywhere any time soon. With Traveller's Tales being a British-based company too, the inclusion of Doctor Who in Part 1, and word of Thunderbirds being one of Year 3's cancelled franchises... well, this feels really natural.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 17

I agree with Glubbfubb Glubbfubb we should have 21 levels. It sounds about right.

Job 18

Shrek

MV5BOGZhM2FhNTItODAzNi00YjA0LWEyN2UtNjJlYWQzYzU1MDg5L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzND...jpg

Shrek was one of the supposedly planned franchises to be added to LEGO Dimensions for Year 3. However, the original game got cancelled. Therefore, now would be a perfect time to bring Shrek back into the light for this LEGO Dimensions sequel with Shrek 5 in the works and the ogre making a cameo in Mike Myers's Netflix show, The Pentaverate. Overall, this franchise would be a good pick to add to the first year.

In terms of the gameplay of the level, the hub would be the central of The Kingdom of Far, Far Away. The level should follow the plot of the first Shrek movie where he has to rescue Fiona. For characters, there's obviously Shrek and Donkey. There can also be items like Snow White's Magic mirror and what not. There can even be horse carts for the vehicles.

Overall, Shrek would be a great franchise to add for Year 1 of LEGO Dimensions 2. It's recognizable and still relevant to this day. Plus, the meme potential as well with the crossover idea.

Alright, here's my submission:
Dragon Ball Z (Shonen Jump, Manga/Anime)
1652035804591.png

Dragon Ball Z is Manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous Manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump and it's anime adaptation was made by Toei animation.
The series follows about Son Goku, who is saiyan with really strong powers and he defends the planet Earth from cosmic threats like the main antagonist Frieza.
Dragon Ball is one of Most iconic manga/anime series ever made and it's popular worldwide. Also Goku is a pop culture icon, so it would make it as possible very obvious pick.

As for gameplay of the level, the Hub world would be central of Dragon Ball universe and it would consist of floating islands, representing the planets from the series (Although the Earth portion is the biggest in the hub world).
The level should follow the plot of Dragon Ball series, where he needs to fight his strongest opponents just like in DB (You know, DB villains are great examples for bosses like Frieza for example)
Maybe Goku doesn't have too much material for vehicles, but he could use his cloud and fly around like Marty McFly on his hvoverboard.

I nominate Dragon Ball Z, because it's one of most popular Mangas that are known worldwide and it would be cool if we included Goku in Lego Dimensions.
Also the concept of DBZ as level pack for LD2 would be awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crew1.gif

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
An iconic 80s Franchise. This was apparently planned as a far back as pre year 1 of the original game. But megablocks snapping up the building toy rights to the franchise killed the plans. Let's bring it back. The orignal mini figures where based on the 2012 reboot, but I think we should go 80s cartoon. There are plenty of villians to choose from for bossses.For characters there's the four Turtles, Shredder and Splinter. For vehicles there's obviously the turtle van.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
(sees that a current line-up is too biased towards animated stuff and smirks with a certain music playing up alongside the charging sound)
Time to pull out the good ol' UNO reverse card.

Job #18: New Franchise - Mega Man

Mega Man is the classic video game franchise, which was created by Capcom and spawned a multitude of games across multiple platforms, as well as a variety of associated media such as cartoons (the 1994 Ruby-Spears one was a masterpiece), a three-episode Japanese OVA (Upon a Star), comic books (Archie Comics in example, which later made two crossovers alongside Sonic the Hedgehog), mangas (Hitoshi Ariga's Megamix & Gigamix), etc. Pretty much, Mega Man is known as one of the most iconic mascots of not only Capcom alongside Street Fighter's Ryu and Captain Commando, but also the video game industry overall, having appeared in multiple crossovers such as Marvel vs. Capcom, Super Smash Bros. (since 3DS/Wii U) and many others.

So yeah, Mega Man was supposedly planned for Year 3 of the original LEGO Dimensions alongside other franchises, before it sadly got cancelled. I would've loved to see that happen, since 2017 was Mega Man's 30th anniversary like how Sonic's pack was released on Year 2 to celebrate his 25th anniversary in 2016. But hey, this year is also Rock's 35th anniversary, so I don't know if I would call this a coincidence.

The franchise may obviously be represented with it's original/classic incarnation, and absolutely needs to have a Level Pack, which would be completely 2D and has you facing eight various Robot Masters from the series (each from one game) with Rock acquiring new abilities during the level by defeating them (which can later be used in the Adventure World), before fighting Doctor Wily himself in his castle. Talk about boss potential such as Cut Man or Guts Man, Air Man or Metal Man, Shadow Man, Pharaoh Man, Gravity Man, Centaur Man, Splash Woman, Sheep Man, Yellow Devil (as a castle boss), et cetera (etc.), with even enemies like Mets and Sniper Joes.

Mega Man would potentially interact with a few playable characters like Sonic the Hedgehog himself (obviously; maybe even share a unique death animation where he explodes into blue light orbs like in the original games instead of falling to minifigure pieces once dying?), Gamer Kid, Cyborg, Zane (since he's the Nindroid, simply said robot ninjas, so maybe reference Shadow Man?), Cyberman, Iron Man (if he gets in since Marvel's there; they faced each other before in one of Marvel vs. Capcom 2's trailers when it was ported to PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360), one of the droids from Star Wars, etc.

There's multiple other characters throughout the franchise for other packs such as Roll, Proto Man, Bass, etc. that may join Rock in this project, alongside Rush that follows the player around and can be used as a rideable vehicle (with alternate builds based on his functions such as Jet and Marine) and various vehicles (like those from Battle & Chase) & gadgets (like the Energy Tank, Power/Jet Adaptors or Beat), with the Adventure World consisting of multiple locations with not only Mega City (as named in Archie's comic series), Dr. Light's laboratory, Wily's castle and the Robot Museum from Mega Man 7, but also those based on Robot Master stages in the classic series which may also make up for potential Battle Arenas, with a possible Mega Man X area to explore by using the TARDIS or DeLorean (alongside Mega Man and Bass potentially turning into their successors, Mega Man X and Zero? Unless that becomes a sub-series like 2016's Ghostbusters, with the Ride Chaser as a vehicle). Maybe even have hacking sections being designed like the Net from the Battle Network series, with them taking on their .EXE/NetNavi appearances when inside them?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball is Manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous Manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump and it's anime adaptation was made by Toei animation.
The series follows about Son Goku, who is saiyan with really strong powers and he defends the planet Earth from cosmic threats like the main antagonist Frieza.
Dragon Ball is one of Most iconic manga/anime series ever made and it's popular worldwide. Also Goku is a pop culture icon, so it would make it as possible very obvious pick.

As for gameplay of the level, the Hub world would be central of Dragon Ball universe and it would consist of floating islands, representing the planets from the series (Although the Earth portion is the biggest in the hub world).
The level should follow the plot of Dragon Ball series, where he needs to fight his strongest opponents just like in DB.
Maybe Goku doesn't have too much material for vehicles, but he could use his cloud and fly around like Marty McFly on his hvoverboard.

I nominate Dragon Ball Z, because it's one of most popular Mangas that are known worldwide and it would be cool if we included Goku in Lego Dimensions.
There are actualy quite a few potential DB vehicles

b37cc94b06bbe3104b89c80debc7468a.jpg

713wYOrxrpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

dragonballzkakarot-car1.jpg

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright so we already have a ton of animation IP submitted.....and tragically I am part of the problem cause I felt that out of the picks I had, this was one of the more fitting ones for the first level

The Flintstones
The-flintstones_title.jpg

grand dad

This one just.....makes sense to me! Iconic WB-owned franchise, probably the next most well-known Hanna-Barbera cartoon after Scooby-Doo - which was featured in the first game -, and perhaps most damning of all: it was literally featured in the first game already. It got its own secret TARDIS area, along with the Jetsons. I don't see us going for both, so I think if we picked only one of them, then 7 Grandfather is easily the best choice IMO. We're already circling it, let's just do it. Also it'd be legitimately very fun, like there's an obvious vehicle pick, Bedrock would make for a very fun standout world, it'd be fun and cool and nice!

As for why the first level, well, I think for our first level, we should do something lighter and more laid-back. I can't see us starting stuff right off the bat with something too action-y, for example (which is why I had to scrap a particular franchise I was heavily considering submitting. That one's gonna have to wait for another time). Anyway yeah yabba dabba doo

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Toy Story

Surprisingly, the first game didn't have any animated movie characters in it (besides the Lego Movies but that's also, y'know Lego) , so Toy Story would be a fitting choice to change that. There are tons of great choices for characters and quite a few vehicle ideas too. The level could be based on any of the four movies.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Guess I’m somewhat contributing to the Animation Oversaturation by submitting an incredibly popular manga series with an incredibly popular anime adaptation. I tried thinking of other stuff that would work, but most of the live action stuff I’m into would be Way Too Wildly Inappropriate for a lego game, and this one just seems like way too much fun to pass up.

Naruto

D5D5A1DE-C82F-4BEF-BD7C-EBC42ACA0902.jpeg

I mean, if Lego Dimensions were to go for an anime/manga crossover, Naruto would probably be super high up there as one of the most popular Shonen Jump things of all time. It’s not like the series is a stranger to western video game collabs either, considering we got Naruto characters in Fortnite pretty recently. Also, it’d just be a fun level. You’ve got a lot of memorable characters with fun abilities, the Hidden Leaf Village would make for a cool hubworld, crossing non-anime characters with Naruto is inherently hilarious, there’s just a lot going for it. Vehicles are a bit tricky since they aren’t really A Thing in the Naruto universe, but I’m sure we could figure something out.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
21 levels

View attachment 351986
Spongebob Squarepants

It should be obvious, the franhcise has been very popular over the years, it has an official Lego theme, and the characters have a lot of gameplay potential. Plus I see a funny joke where Darth Vader becomes mortified by Mr Krabs' high prices and basically putting his employees into slave labor and goes on a whole tanger about his past with Watto while everyone else is eating Krabby Patties.
This one will most certainly not win, and would arguably be more fit for just a character than a level, but I'm gonna do it anyway:

Rocko's Modern Life

The surreal, satirical adventures of Rocko Rama and his freeloading best friends would fit the retro-centric Lego Dimensions world quite well - if you haven't seen Rocko, think of it like a cross between the satire; pop culture references; and mild adult themes of The Simpsons, and the absurdity; slapstick; and surrealism of SpongeBob. I feel the Rocko level pack would probably best be an adaptation of Schnit-Heads given the sausage cult members could be enemies (though it'd need a different title) - but Cruisin'; the "The Big..." duology; or Road Rash may also be a good fit when it comes to game action (I should add that The Big Answer & Question would be the only of the options I've provided where the plot would primarily take place in O-Town, and also the only one where Filburt would get time to shine)
Top Gear

The hit car and automobile-based series. A bit unorthodox of a pick, this series is universally well known and beloved, and it'd be interesting to see a show like this implemented in game.
Job #18: Thunderbirds.

Based on the beloved British series, and the wider works of Gerry Anderson, Thunderbirds was a television series following the Tracy family and their exploits as International Rescue, using their array of incredible vehicles known as the Thunderbirds as well as plenty of expertise to rescue people from all over the world - and even from space! The overall IP in this case would focus on the original Thunderbirds, but could also provide stuff from other Anderson series such as Captain Scarlet, Stingray, and Space 1999 amongst others - all of which have become a celebrated part of British legacy.

In terms of gameplay, I can imagine that the "hub" of this world would be Tracy Island - a picturesque archeplago amongst the Pacific Ocean, containing a state of the art mansion in which the Tracy family live - but also a huge number of secretive compartments and hangars, allowing the Thunderbirds to be stored and to be sent on their way in a moment's notice. There'd also be a connection to Thunderbird 5, a space station that monitors communications from far above the surface of Earth and keeps it's eyes peeled for rescue requests. However, various missions could take place in unique locations that could use the abilities of various builds to their advantage in various different places like the deep ocean, a volcano, or even the Moon (if we wanted to represent Space 1999?)

In terms of characters, one of the Tracy children feels like an obvious choice, and in terms of builds, the Thunderbirds themselves provide a lot of opportunities - as do various Pod vehicles such as the Mole, a mining vehicle. There's also plenty of opportunities for alternate characters, such as Brains or Lady Penelope, to be added - introducing interesting places of their own such as London to the Thunderbirds world.

Overall, whilst not as recognisable in somewhere like America as other pieces of media, Thunderbirds is still a juggernaut that's been around since the 60s - and it's not going anywhere any time soon. With Traveller's Tales being a British-based company too, the inclusion of Doctor Who in Part 1, and word of Thunderbirds being one of Year 3's cancelled franchises... well, this feels really natural.
Job 17

I agree with Glubbfubb Glubbfubb we should have 21 levels. It sounds about right.

Job 18

Shrek

View attachment 351996

Shrek was one of the supposedly planned franchises to be added to LEGO Dimensions for Year 3. However, the original game got cancelled. Therefore, now would be a perfect time to bring Shrek back into the light for this LEGO Dimensions sequel with Shrek 5 in the works and the ogre making a cameo in Mike Myers's Netflix show, The Pentaverate. Overall, this franchise would be a good pick to add to the first year.

In terms of the gameplay of the level, the hub would be the central of The Kingdom of Far, Far Away. The level should follow the plot of the first Shrek movie where he has to rescue Fiona. For characters, there's obviously Shrek and Donkey. There can also be items like Snow White's Magic mirror and what not. There can even be horse carts for the vehicles.

Overall, Shrek would be a great franchise to add for Year 1 of LEGO Dimensions 2. It's recognizable and still relevant to this day. Plus, the meme potential as well with the crossover idea.
View attachment 352042
Dragon Ball Z is Manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous Manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump and it's anime adaptation was made by Toei animation.

The level should follow the plot of Dragon Ball series, where he needs to fight his strongest opponents just like in DB (You know, DB villains are great examples for bosses like Frieza for example)

View attachment 352008
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
An iconic 80s Franchise. This was apparently planned as a far back as pre year 1 of the original game. But megablocks snapping up the building toy rights to the franchise killed the plans. Let's bring it back. The orignal mini figures where based on the 2012 reboot, but I think we should go 80s cartoon. There are plenty of villians to choose from for bossses.For characters there's the four Turtles, Shredder and Splinter. For vehicles there's obviously the turtle van.
(sees that a current line-up is too biased towards animated stuff and smirks with a certain music playing up alongside the charging sound)
Time to pull out the good ol' UNO reverse card.

Job #18: New Franchise - Mega Man

Mega Man is the classic video game franchise, which was created by Capcom and spawned a multitude of games across multiple platforms, as well as a variety of associated media such as cartoons (the 1994 Ruby-Spears one was a masterpiece), a three-episode Japanese OVA (Upon a Star), comic books (Archie Comics in example, which later made two crossovers alongside Sonic the Hedgehog), mangas (Hitoshi Ariga's Megamix & Gigamix), etc. Pretty much, Mega Man is known as one of the most iconic mascots of not only Capcom alongside Street Fighter's Ryu and Captain Commando, but also the video game industry overall, having appeared in multiple crossovers such as Marvel vs. Capcom, Super Smash Bros. (since 3DS/Wii U) and many others.

So yeah, Mega Man was supposedly planned for Year 3 of the original LEGO Dimensions alongside other franchises, before it sadly got cancelled. I would've loved to see that happen, since 2017 was Mega Man's 30th anniversary like how Sonic's pack was released on Year 2 to celebrate his 25th anniversary in 2016. But hey, this year is also Rock's 35th anniversary, so I don't know if I would call this a coincidence.

The franchise may obviously be represented with it's original/classic incarnation, and absolutely needs to have a Level Pack, which would be completely 2D and has you facing eight various Robot Masters from the series (each from one game) with Rock acquiring new abilities during the level by defeating them (which can later be used in the Adventure World), before fighting Doctor Wily himself in his castle. Talk about boss potential such as Cut Man or Guts Man, Air Man or Metal Man, Shadow Man, Pharaoh Man, Gravity Man, Centaur Man, Splash Woman, Sheep Man, Yellow Devil (as a castle boss), et cetera (etc.), with even enemies like Mets and Sniper Joes.

Mega Man would potentially interact with a few playable characters like Sonic the Hedgehog himself (obviously; maybe even share a unique death animation where he explodes into blue light orbs like in the original games instead of falling to minifigure pieces once dying?), Gamer Kid, Cyborg, Zane (since he's the Nindroid, simply said robot ninjas, so maybe reference Shadow Man?), Cyberman, Iron Man (if he gets in since Marvel's there; they faced each other before in one of Marvel vs. Capcom 2's trailers when it was ported to PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360), one of the droids from Star Wars, etc.

There's multiple other characters throughout the franchise for other packs such as Roll, Proto Man, Bass, etc. that may join Rock in this project, alongside Rush that follows the player around and can be used as a rideable vehicle (with alternate builds based on his functions such as Jet and Marine) and various vehicles (like those from Battle & Chase) & gadgets (like the Energy Tank, Power/Jet Adaptors or Beat), with the Adventure World consisting of multiple locations with not only Mega City (as named in Archie's comic series), Dr. Light's laboratory, Wily's castle and the Robot Museum from Mega Man 7, but also those based on Robot Master stages in the classic series which may also make up for potential Battle Arenas, with a possible Mega Man X area to explore by using the TARDIS or DeLorean (alongside Mega Man and Bass potentially turning into their successors, Mega Man X and Zero? Unless that becomes a sub-series like 2016's Ghostbusters, with the Ride Chaser as a vehicle). Maybe even have hacking sections being designed like the Net from the Battle Network series, with them taking on their .EXE/NetNavi appearances when inside them?
Alright so we already have a ton of animation IP submitted.....and tragically I am part of the problem cause I felt that out of the picks I had, this was one of the more fitting ones for the first level

The Flintstones
View attachment 352013
grand dad

This one just.....makes sense to me! Iconic WB-owned franchise, probably the next most well-known Hanna-Barbera cartoon after Scooby-Doo - which was featured in the first game -, and perhaps most damning of all: it was literally featured in the first game already. It got its own secret TARDIS area, along with the Jetsons. I don't see us going for both, so I think if we picked only one of them, then 7 Grandfather is easily the best choice IMO. We're already circling it, let's just do it. Also it'd be legitimately very fun, like there's an obvious vehicle pick, Bedrock would make for a very fun standout world, it'd be fun and cool and nice!

As for why the first level, well, I think for our first level, we should do something lighter and more laid-back. I can't see us starting stuff right off the bat with something too action-y, for example (which is why I had to scrap a particular franchise I was heavily considering submitting. That one's gonna have to wait for another time). Anyway yeah yabba dabba doo
Indiana Jones

It has a Lego theme, so it makes sense for Lego Dimensions Two.

Level could be based on one of the four movies, or the fifth one for marketing.
Toy Story

Surprisingly, the first game didn't have any animated movie characters in it (besides the Lego Movies but that's also, y'know Lego) , so Toy Story would be a fitting choice to change that. There are tons of great choices for characters and quite a few vehicle ideas too. The level could be based on any of the four movies.
For Franchises I'll go with Thundercats
Guess I’m somewhat contributing to the Animation Oversaturation by submitting an incredibly popular manga series with an incredibly popular anime adaptation. I tried thinking of other stuff that would work, but most of the live action stuff I’m into would be Way Too Wildly Inappropriate for a lego game, and this one just seems like way too much fun to pass up.

Naruto

View attachment 352038

I mean, if Lego Dimensions were to go for an anime/manga crossover, Naruto would probably be super high up there as one of the most popular Shonen Jump things of all time. It’s not like the series is a stranger to western video game collabs either, considering we got Naruto characters in Fortnite pretty recently. Also, it’d just be a fun level. You’ve got a lot of memorable characters with fun abilities, the Hidden Leaf Village would make for a cool hubworld, crossing non-anime characters with Naruto is inherently hilarious, there’s just a lot going for it. Vehicles are a bit tricky since they aren’t really A Thing in the Naruto universe, but I’m sure we could figure something out.
Submissions are now over!

SpongeBob SquarePants - Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Rocko’s Modern Life - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Top Gear - Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Thunderbirds - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Shrek - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Dragon Ball Z - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - @Darkonedagger
Mega Man - tonygameman tonygameman
The Flintstones - Speed Weed Speed Weed
Indiana Jones - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Toy Story - Otoad64 Otoad64
Thundercats - Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Naruto - OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos

Franchise submissions are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one franchise will be selected and be our first level!

Voting for level layouts are now over as well! Glubbfubb’s level layout will be selected! Congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

I have also made of poll containing every number that was submitted for how many levels story mode should include. Below is the poll to vote!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Franchise submissions are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one franchise will be selected and be our first level!

Voting for level layouts are now over as well! Glubbfubb’s level layout will be selected! Congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

I have also made of poll containing every number that was submitted for how many levels story mode should include. Below is the poll to vote!
Oh I won the template job, neat

Indiana Jones
Spongebob
Toy Story

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Flintstones (It was in the first LEGO Dimensions so an expansion on the franchise would be nice. I see it as first level material.)
2. Shrek (Self-vote but the first LEGO Dimensions lacked any animated movie properties so I can see Shrek as a nice first level with platforming levels like the Shrek video games and what not. Plus, Shrek was going to be in Year 3 for LEGO Dimensions so a solid choice here.)
3. Spongebob (Perfect first level material plus Spongebob has had affiliation with LEGO.)

A lot of these properties nominated should be in the game at some point in some form for sure.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Spongebob
Mega Man
TMNT

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Top Gear. (This may sound stupid, but I think Top Gear would also be a very effective way to represent the Speed Champions line in Dimensions, plus, I think it'd just be very funny to see the shenanigans of Top Gear in the context of a LEGO game - and being British, I'm obviously very biased.)
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (CASEY JONES FUN PACK OR RIOT! Okay jokes aside, TMNT is a very obvious and solid choice for a game like this.)
3. SpongeBob Squarepants. (This seems... almost obvious. It'd need to be here somewhere or other, let's say that much.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting is now over!

SpongeBob SquarePants - 18
Rocko’s Modern Life - 2
Top Gear - 3
Thunderbirds - 0
Shrek - 9
Dragon Ball Z - 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 17
Mega Man - 7
The Flintstones - 10
Indiana Jones - 7
Toy Story - 6
Thundercats - 2
Naruto - 1

SpongeBob SquarePants will be our next franchise joining LEGO Dimensions 2 and our first level! Congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Voting for the number of levels for story mode is now over as well! We will have a total of 21 levels!

Job #19: Submit a list of new abilities for each of our starter pack characters!

Now you can submit new abilities for our starter pack characters! Make sure to describe what each ability is and how it would work. You can even describe special animations for each of them. You can submit any number of abilities for anyone of them. You can even say none if you don’t think there should be anymore abilities added. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Job #20: Submit a fun pack for LEGO Dimensions 2!

For fun packs, submit one character and one vehicle or gadget to go along with them. Fun packs can be from any of the current franchises in our game, including SpongeBob SquarePants. However, if you submit SpongeBob, it would deconfirm him from getting a level pack. You can even submit a fun pack from a previous franchise from the first game. For this job, two fun packs will be selected! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think Bugs and Vader should have 3 and 1 new ability each respectively to be closer to Spidey

Bugs

Seed Planter
Bugs plant one of the various seeds into the ground in a specific spot to grow into various helpful plants, this can be a tomato to create a bouncy spring like platform, corn to create a cannon to launch yourself, wheat to block off spikes, and water, watermelons to create rolling balls and of course carrots that act as an explosive rocket. The limitation to this power is that the produce will wilt after growing, will despawn if taken too far from the spawn location, and again you need to spawn it in select locations.

Pancake
Being a toon, Bugs is immune to being crushed these can help him in the long run. He can be flattened by a crusher-type obstacle and can go under small gaps and go inside paper-thin vents allowing access to new areas.

Big Bite
By using his large incisors Bugs can break through walls made out of wood or edible matter such as cheese or cake, he can also break armor off of certain enemies like removing a knight's shield or a football player's helmet to make them easier to deal with.

Vader also gains 1 new ability
Telekinesis
A stand-in for the force, using telekinesis allows Vader to carry enemies and objects and toss them back at them or use them as a shield, plus unique to Vader choke them for massive damage. This can be used to move objects away from walls and hit tough-to-reach spots as well as shield the user from heavy fire.

Fun Pack

LEGO Patrick Minifigure | Brick Owl - LEGO Marketplace

Patrick Star
Since Spongebob obviously deserves a level pack Patrick would work well as a fun pack, he would use both his strength, throwing abiities, and occasional boughts of cleverness to become a strong fighter.

Jellyfish net | Encyclopedia SpongeBobia | Fandom

Jellyfishing Net
This gadget would work great for a tool for both patrick and spongebob to use, it could be used as both as a battering weapon and a trap to capture certain creatures for collection.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Shadow the Hedgehog

His abilities include super speed, acrobatics, target, illumination, and others. His weapon is a chaos emerald.

His vehicle can be his motorcycle, which can be turned into a hover bike, or into a jump walker.

Sonic is big enough to get another figure, and Shadow is one of the obvious picks.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 19:
Tamer - Tamer is an ability in which certain characters can calm certain animals down. This ability would belong to both Bugs(Cause he's a rabbit) and Darth Vader(Midichlorians)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Fun Pack: Rip Hunter

Rip Hunter is the time travelling captain of the Waverider from DC Comics/ Legends of Tomorrow. He could use his AI Companion Gideon, or any other time-related attacks from the show as his attacks

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I feel like I'd have a better time envisioning what to do for our current new series once we figure the other kinds of packs out so I'll stick to a previous franchise

The Flash
76117-3.jpg

This guy just seems like such an obvious pick to me. Extremely popular and iconic DC superhero, and rumour has it he was planned for Year 3. I feel like we gotta put him in

Top Bottom