• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Konami vs Capcom: Concerto of Champions

Should our game be 3v3 or 2v2? Or something else?

• 3v3

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 2v2

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • screw it, we’re making this a 4v4 i guess

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
****, sorry I’m late yall! Ended up getting caught up in a bunch of life stuff and forgot about the thread. Anyway, Firebrand and Karen & Miyo will be our next two assists! Now onto our next round!

Job #41: Submit a giant fighter for Capcom and Konami

That’s right, we’re deciding on our final pair of giant fighters! For anyone who wasn’t around when we did our first pair of giants or needs a refresher: they’re massive kaiju-sized fighters that are really powerful, but take up all three team slots. Basically, we’re just doing the thing Tatsunoko did and expanding upon it. If there's a character you've always wanted to see in a fighting game but were worried that they were too big, now's your chance to finally pitch them for a roster. Just like last time, this round is gonna be very straightforward. Any giant character from any series is on the table as long as they aren't already bosses or assists, but I should probably clarify what I mean by "giant." In order for a fighter to qualify as a giant, they have to be significantly larger than the entire regular cast. To use a character we already added as an example, Lady Dimitrescu is canonically eight feet tall and dwarfs most of our roster in size. However, that difference isn't significant enough to classify her as a giant. Compare that to Orbital Frame Vic Viper or Devilotte's Super-8 mech, which are at least several meters tall and would theoretically take up most of the screen. Basically I'm just trying to nip submissions for characters like Abigail in the bud before I get anyone else misunderstanding what the classification means. If you need a visual reference for what I'm looking for, here's a screenshot of my boi Gold Lightan up against Chun-Li in TvC.

EVqhqPYUcAEZoTD.png

Anyway that's all I got. Submit your giants!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm also doing to submit something from Red Earth but quite different.
1657925847699.png
Blade, one of the bosses of the game who has some history with Leo, the actual Blade is the crystal meanwhile the rest of the armor including that massive drill sword is his weapon.

It's my favorite boss of the game so my bias goes with that.

For Konami however...
1657926061554.png
My selection is the Metal Gear REX, because what is even better than a mech?, TWO MECHS, and even better than two mechs are THREE MECHS, and in general I think it would be very cool to have one of the weapons that gives name to the series. For make it more interesing maybe Liquid Snake could be the one pilotting it.
1657926239053.png

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Oh ****, sorry for the unexpected hiatus yall! I was meaning to submit sooner but some stuff came up in my personal life and I kept putting off the thread.

Capcom Giant: Rajang (Monster Hunter)
0CF847C7-0EF4-4CE2-B4BC-BA747E7BDEDB.png

Making its debut in Monster Hunter 2, Rajang has been one of the more recurring monsters throughout the series. While not quite as iconic as something like Rathalos, I think its unique set of abilities lend themselves incredibly well to this sort of game. It can shoot lightning from its mouth and enter a rage state where its fur turns gold.

Konami giant: Jehuty (Zone of the Enders)
232962A8-4021-4F0B-9775-3CED8455183C.jpeg

Yeah we already kinda have Vic Viper as our ZoE rep (it’s complicated), but I feel like it’s worth throwing in a proper ZoE rep just to have em as an option. He has access to a variety of different firearm and sword weapons.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright, it's time to finally bring voting to a close! And here are the results:

Capcom Giants:
  • Hauzer: 5
  • Blade: 1
  • Block Man: 7
  • Rajang: 11
And with that, our last two giants will be Rajang and Jehuty! Now onto the next round!

Job #42: Submit a Capcom stage and a Konami stage from an unrepresented series.

We're finally doing stages again after so long, and we're going back to the well of franchises that are currently unrepresented on our playable roster. If you need an idea of what series are not eligible for this job, here's a rundown of what we have so far:

Capcom:
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • Red Earth
  • Darkstalkers
  • Cyberbots
  • Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Ace Attorney
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fight
  • Power Stone
  • Monster Hunter
Konami:
  • Metal Gear
  • Bomberman
  • Castlevania
  • Ganbare Goemon
  • Tokimeki Memorial
  • Gradius
  • Contra
  • TwinBee
  • Boktai
  • Snatcher
  • Bloody Roar
  • Silent Hill
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Zone of the Enders
As long as its not from any of those series, it should be eligible. Anyway that's enough from me, submit away!

D

Deleted member

maxresdefault (4).jpg

PES Stadium
A huge Konami series that you can't really represent with a fighter. Takes place in a football Stadium with two teams facing off in the background. The stands would have ads for brands from the universes representened in our game

homdertalia

Smash Cadet
****, sorry I’m late yall! Ended up getting caught up in a bunch of life stuff and forgot about the thread. Anyway, Firebrand and Karen & Miyo will be our next two assists! Now onto our next round!

That’s right, we’re deciding on our final pair of giant fighters! For anyone who wasn’t around when we did our first pair of giants or needs a refresher: they’re massive kaiju-sized fighters that are really powerful, but take up all three team slots. Basically, we’re just doing the thing Tatsunoko did and expanding upon it. If there's a character you've always wanted to see in a fighting game but were worried that they were too big, now's your chance to finally pitch them for a roster. Just like last time, this round is gonna be very straightforward. Any giant character from any series is on the table as long as they aren't already bosses or assists, but I should probably clarify what I mean by "giant." In order for a fighter to qualify as a giant, they have to be significantly larger than the entire regular cast. To use a character we already added as an example, Lady Dimitrescu is canonically eight feet tall and dwarfs most of our roster in size. However, that difference isn't significant enough to classify her as a giant. Compare that to Orbital Frame Vic Viper or Devilotte's Super-8 mech, which are at least several meters tall and would theoretically take up most of the screen. Basically I'm just trying to nip submissions for characters like Abigail in the bud before I get anyone else misunderstanding what the classification means. If you need a visual reference for what I'm looking for, here's a screenshot of my boi Gold Lightan up against Chun-Li in TvC.

View attachment 356601

Anyway that's all I got. Submit your giants!
For Capcom...

ZERO AKUMA
And for Konami...

OBELISK THE TORMENTOR

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Did not realize that! Where is the current Job?
Submit a stage of a series that isn't repped yet. Here it is the list of franchises that are already in the game:
Capcom:
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • Red Earth
  • Darkstalkers
  • Cyberbots
  • Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Ace Attorney
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fight
  • Power Stone
  • Monster Hunter
Konami:
  • Metal Gear
  • Bomberman
  • Castlevania
  • Ganbare Goemon
  • Tokimeki Memorial
  • Gradius
  • Contra
  • TwinBee
  • Boktai
  • Snatcher
  • Bloody Roar
  • Silent Hill
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Zone of the Enders

homdertalia

Smash Cadet
Alright, it's time to finally bring voting to a close! And here are the results:

Capcom Giants:
  • Hauzer: 5
  • Blade: 1
  • Block Man: 7
  • Rajang: 11
And with that, our last two giants will be Rajang and Jehuty! Now onto the next round!

We're finally doing stages again after so long, and we're going back to the well of franchises that are currently unrepresented on our playable roster. If you need an idea of what series are not eligible for this job, here's a rundown of what we have so far:

Capcom:
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • Red Earth
  • Darkstalkers
  • Cyberbots
  • Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Ace Attorney
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fight
  • Power Stone
  • Monster Hunter
Konami:
  • Metal Gear
  • Bomberman
  • Castlevania
  • Ganbare Goemon
  • Tokimeki Memorial
  • Gradius
  • Contra
  • TwinBee
  • Boktai
  • Snatcher
  • Bloody Roar
  • Silent Hill
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Zone of the Enders
As long as its not from any of those series, it should be eligible. Anyway that's enough from me, submit away!
Fortune City from Dear Rising 2

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Jeez, it's been almost a month with no update? Here we go then.

Job #42: Unrepresented Stages:

Capcom Stage - Pirate Ship Higemaru

This stage is based on the titular arcade classic game which Capcom released for the arcades in September 1984, ported to various collections in following decades and later got a Japan-exclusive Famicom/MSX sequel title, Higemaru Makaijima: Nanatsu no Shima Daibōken, in April 1987. It's characters such as Momotaru, Beard (long-bearded pirate legend from Higemaru Makaijima, with Marvel vs. Capcom 2's Ruby Heart being his younger sister) and Bows (who are both ret-conned as his younger siblings) also made their canonical appearances in the Street Fighter series via Shadaloo Combat Research Institute, with Momotaru himself being considered as a playable character for Street Fighter V, before he was cut in favor of Birdie instead.

Fighters will be pit against each other in the deck of a giant pirate ship itself with masts, sails and big amounts of barrels in the background behind them, as Momotaru (in his classic chibi design) roams around and tosses smaller barrels towards Higemaru Corps (enemy pirates) and their captain Bows, trying to clash against Beard with the Satan Sword he acquired to vanquish bosses such as the Red Arremer in a Famicom/MSX sequel. Zack and Wiki from their titular Wii game (Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure) and some pirates from Konami's titles such as Grant Danasty from Castlevania (as a former captain), Akogingu (a space pirate clown who appeared in Ganbare Goemon: Uchū Kaizoku Akogingu) and a pirate crew from the 1995 redemption game Pirate Ship, will also join in as they attempt to steal treasure from the Higemaru Corps while getting involved in a battle themselves.

Konami Stage - Freeway (Frogger)

The stage takes place in a brightly-colored highway (similar to Retro Zone in the 1997 game released on PlayStation 1 and Microsoft Windows) with a street consisting of many different vehicles like cars, trucks and bulldozers driving by, and a river with turtles, logs and alligators, all of this seen in the distance from the edge where Frogger himself (in his The Rescue-onwards design) start in the games as he tries to cross them while combatants fight on there, the camera being from a side view. Cameo-wise, trucks has both companies' logos (even Konami's older ones) and different series' emblems on them, and some of the other vehicles resemble those from Capcom and Konami's other car-themed franchises, such as Street Fighter/Final Fight's famous smashed car in their bonus stages, The Speed Rumbler, Auto Modellista and Konami GT.

If stage music are allowed when character themes aren't turned on via options, either a medley arrangement of the original 1981 arcade game or Rib-Bits from Hyper Arcade Edition will play instead on the background.

Last edited:
Capcom stage:
Water Tower (Dino Crisis)
1667115805563.png
Water Tower is an area within the Jungle and it appeared in Dino Crisis games.

The stage would take place in the area where the Water tower locates. The cameos are dinosaurs who appear in all Dino Crisis games like Tyrannosaurus for example.

Konami stage:
Jungle (Bonk's Adventure)
1667115340706.png
Jungle is the first world in Hudson Soft's "Bonk's adventure" video game and it's a typical prehistorical jungle where Bonk and prehistoric animals live.

As a stage, it would take place in the same area as on this screenshot, where we see dino skull and palm in background. Occasionally, Bonk makes an cameo with Princess Za.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Had I been around for this, I would've submitted Blodia and Impact in a heartbeat.

Capcom:
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • Red Earth
  • Darkstalkers
  • Cyberbots
  • Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Ace Attorney
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fight
  • Power Stone
  • Monster Hunter
Konami:
  • Metal Gear
  • Bomberman
  • Castlevania
  • Ganbare Goemon
  • Tokimeki Memorial
  • Gradius
  • Contra
  • TwinBee
  • Boktai
  • Snatcher
  • Bloody Roar
  • Silent Hill
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Zone of the Enders
Capcom Stage:
Dust World (Forbidden Worlds)
Forbidden Worlds 1.png
Forbidden Worlds 2.png
Forbidden Worlds 3.png
Once a proud civilisation of man, created on a different planet, this city was feared by many for it's stunning growth and was invaded by the War God and his army under the order of Bios, a Celestial Entity. Despite fighting back the War God's army fiercely, the defenders were defeated and it's civilization transformed into ruins and the world wartorn.
Now named Dust World or the Dust Planet, it remains under the control of the War God. In the background, one can see the ruins and destroyed cities, the skeletons of the War God's dragons and giant holes in the ocean that faced bombardment. The War God's base can be seen and sometimes Syphie's shop will pop up in the background on the field where the fighters are fighting.

Konami Stage:
Pirate Island (Parodius Da! / Gokujō Parodius!)
Pirate Island 1.png
Pirate Island 2.png
Pirate Island 3.png
A world mainly covered in water, although it has a few islands and quite a bunch of broken pirate ships. It is the place where the Cat Battleship(and it's restored upgraded version, the Cat Submarine), Captain Penguinovski the 3rd, and Eliza(and her pet fish Neil, the fish on her head) are fought by the crossover heroes like Vic Viper, Twinbee, etc. The fighters fight on a small island while you can see the Cat Battleship, Captain Penguinovski and Eliza & Neil watching in the background. Some other bosses/enemies like Eagle Sabu and the Moai Battleship can also be seen appearing in the background.

Need to give some love to Capcom's Shoot-em ups. It'd be unfair if there wasn't some shoot-em-up reps from Capcom to go with Konami's shoot-em-ups. And Forbidden Worlds is one that can go nicely with a bunch of Konami's space shooters as well as Contra. And Parodius can have some love too.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Going to revive a thread once again after what seemed like long enough, with links for image renders of characters (fighters and assists alike), who aren't included in a opening post (assuming one of OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos 's reasons is being caught in a bunch of life stuff).

Fighters:
Assists:
EDIT: Shall someone make a continuation thread?

Last edited:

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
There's a lot going on in this thread but I love what I'm seeing. From the OP I just wanna say I want a fighter from Bemani and that it's funny I didn't know Mujoe is a Bomberman character not specifically created for DreamMix.

If we're still listing companies, I more or less propose a Project X Zone fighting game. Big fan of those games, but I haven't played NxC or looked much into how they fit into the SRWOG timeline.

Top Bottom