• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Konami vs Capcom: Concerto of Champions

Should our game be 3v3 or 2v2? Or something else?

• 3v3

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 2v2

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • screw it, we’re making this a 4v4 i guess

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Lost Planet
2. Onimusha
3. Final Fight

1. Silent Hill
2. Suikoden
3. Bemani

Some great submissions this round. I think I'll be happy with just about any of these.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Breath of Fire
2. Final Fight
3.Bionic Commando

1. Rocket Knight
2. Silent Hill
3. Bemani

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alrighty, normally I’d let voting go the full 24 hours, but most of our regulars got their votes in and there’s a pretty big landslide anyway, so I’m gonna close things up a bit early. Let’s take a look at our results:

Breath of Fire: 5
Power Stone: 6
Onimusha: 6
Rival Schools: 8
Lost Planet: 6
Final Fight: 15
Bionic Commando: 1

Bayou Billy: 0
Suikoden: 10
Silent Hill: 20
Bemani: 9
Robopon: 4
Rocket Knight: 5

And there you have it! The next two franchises to receive fighters will be Final Fight and Silent Hill! About freaking time we got some SH on our roster! That **** was waaaaaaay overdue! And Final Fight’s timing couldn’t be any better thanks to Street Fighter 6, so all around a fantastic pair of series to focus on.

Job #35: Submit a Final Fight character and a Silent Hill character

We have our franchises decided on, so now we just have to decide who our new additions will be. I would go on and write a large paragraph about what I expect out of this job, but you honestly can’t get much more straightforward than “submit a character from these two series.” Anyone from both franchises is on the table for this job, and you can submit up to one character for each series. I encourage yall to do a deep dive on both franchises and find a character that speaks to you, but if you only have an idea for one of the series, don’t feel pressured to do both.

Anyway that’s it for me. I look forward to seeing what yall come up with!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Since I previously submitted characters for both series, I’m just gonna reuse both of em here and get two of the obvious choices out of the way. Here’s Haggar and Heather:

Job #35 (Final Fight): Mike Haggar

View attachment 348117

Mike Haggar is a professional wrestler and mayor of Metro City. He’s one of the three player characters in Final Fight alongside Cody and Guy, who he teams up with to save his sister Jessica from the Mad Gear Gang. He’s also a regular in Capcom’s Slam Masters series, and cameos regularly in the Street Fighter series due to it and Final Fight taking place in the same universe.

I was gonna go for Akira originally, but Batsu was already submitted and I didn’t wanna step on the toes of another Rival Schools submission. Instead I decided to pull from the other Street Fighter Cinematic Universe™️ series and went with Haggar. I know he was already in two Vs. games and Final Fight probably has other characters who could use the spotlight, but come on! It’s Mike ****ing Haggar! The badass pro-wrestler mayor! Why wouldn’t you put this guy in anything you could given the opportunity? I won’t go too in depth with his playstyle because he’s already been in two MvC games, but he’d do a great job filling the obligatory Big Grappler Guy role that every fighting game has.
Job #35 (Silent Hill): Heather Mason

View attachment 348590

Is submitting two survival horror protags for this job redundant? Maybe, but I love me some survival horror so of course I'm going to indulge. Anyway, Heather is the main protagonist of Silent Hill 3 and the adopted daughter of the first game's protagonist, Harry Mason. Seventeen years after the events of SH1, she goes back to Silent Hill to exact revenge on The Order and to learn more about the bizarre circumstances surrounding her birth.

Much like Resi, Silent Hill has quite a few potential fighter options. The ever-iconic Pyramid Head is probably gonna make it in somewhere down the line, but should we include one of the protagonists, I think Heather would be our best bet. She's clearly a fan favorite and has even appeared in Dead by Daylight as the main Silent Hill survivor rep, so there's precedent for prioritizing her in a crossover like this. And because Silent Hill 3 gives Heather a **** ton of weapons to work with, there's no shortage of moveset material to pull from. She can use firearms, katanas, stun guns, pipes, mauls, and even the unlockable flamethrower and beam saber weapons. If you wanted to get really out there I guess you could also use her super secret Princess Heart transformation as one of her supers, in which she transforms into a magical girl and shoots lasers out of her eyes. Yeah Silent Hill can be ****ing weird sometimes, especially with the unlockable easter eggs.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job #35
GUY (FINAL FIGHT)
1654808489270.png

Guy is one of three playable characters, along with Cody and Haggar, in the original arcade version of Final Fight, released for the arcades by Capcom in 1989. He use the Bushinryu martial style, a powerful variation of the Ninjutsu that guy learned from his master Zeku. Tbh I think Haggar is great, I love the guy and I'm sure everyone here does but to be honest Haggar is ALWAYS the Final Fight rep in these games, that's not bad since it means that he is the face, but since the purpose of the last job was try to include variety I decided to go with him, it's a fan favorite and it's badass af.​

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm gonna make a Silent Hill submission later, but for now I'm resubmitting Poison because she's great and I love her.
Job #11 (Capcom): Poison (Final Fight)
View attachment 348611
I figure you all know who this is, but just to give her a fair shake, Poison is an ex-member of the infamous Mad Gear gang that ran amok on Metro City, and a current-day pro wrestling manager. In Final Fight, Poison was among the most common type of enemy in-game, and she ended up becoming one of the most famous members of Mad Gear due to the fact she was used to fill out the roster in Final Fight Revenge, and has been in every major Street Fighter title since Street Fighter 3. By about the time Ultra Street Fighter 4 dropped, I would call her the second face of this franchise. She's overtaken Guy and Cody, and really I think only Mike Haggar beats her in popularity.

D

Deleted member

Maki_Genryusai.png

Maki
From Final Fight 2. She has been in fighting fame games before, most notably Capcom Vs. SNK 2 but also the GBA version of SF Alpha 3, but has been unfortunately absent as of late. She's Guy's younger sister and uses a similar style, though she stands on her own. She weilds a tonfa.

PHbom.png

Pyramid Head
One of the most iconic monsters in all of gaming, if not all of horror. PH is practically a mascot for the series at this point, appearing in everything from DBD to New International Track and Field. Some may be hesitant to include him due to him being being James Sunderland own personal horror but that hasent stopped them before, and I don't actually think it matters too much in a crososver game like this. He's extremely iconic.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #35: New Characters

Final Fight Rep - Cody Travers

Cody Travers is one of the main protagonists from the Final Fight series, who first debuted in the original arcade beat 'em up game, which was released in November 25th, 1989. The game takes place in the Metro City, where it's streets were filled with crime and violence by the Mad Gear Gang, which kidnapped Jessica, who happens to be Cody's girlfriend as he volunteers across the harsh slums of Metro City to defeat an organization alongside her father (former wrestler-turned-mayor) Mike Haggar and his sparring partner Guy, in order to save her. He was mentioned in a SNES sequel Final Fight 2 (taking a vacation with Jessica), returning in two subsequent titles; Final Fight Revenge (a 3D fighting game) and Streetwise (as a mentor to his younger brother Kyle).

After the series' events, Cody later appeared as a recurring playable character in several Street Fighter titles, starting with Alpha 3 where he has been thrown into jail after becoming a vigilante and being arrested for his reckless street-fighting, wearing a prison uniform and handcuffs on his wrists (which he used to fight despite being able to remove them while taunting). In Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Haggar exonerated Cody of his crimes and gave up his position as the mayor of Metro City to him, determining to finally clean the city of it's criminal activities in person.

As a street-fighting brawler who has fought his way through countless thugs and criminals, Cody is capable of utilizing his combat skills to beat up the opponent with various techniques from both the Final Fight series and Street Fighter V (given his current role) such as Ruffian Kick (standing slide kick that aims either high, mid or low), Bad Spray (tosses sand at the opponent when knocked down), Zonk Knuckle (a powerful hook strike), Tornado Sweep (shooting a swirling gust of wind), Double Kick (spinning sidekick), Crime Sway (a low sway for dodging, following with a violent hook punch or spinning sweep) and Criminal Punisher (an enhanced version of Criminal Upper, which is a powerful uppercut that generates a giant tornado). He is also armed with a knife (which he uses for stabbing/slashing/throwing) and his trusty pipe for stronger swing/smash attacks.

Silent Hill Rep - Harry Mason

Harry Mason is the main protagonist of the original Silent Hill game released in February 23th, 1999 for the original PlayStation console. He is an ordinary writer, who found and adopted an abandoned baby girl on a roadside alongside his late wife Jodie, naming her Cheryl. Seven years later, he was driving to Silent Hill for a family vacation before ending up in a car crash while avoiding the ghostly figure of Alessa Gillespie, finding Cheryl missing upon waking up, deciding to explore the abandoned, hellish town while forming a bond with a police officer, Cybil Bennett, in attempt to find and rescue her.

He later appeared in other games such as Silent Hill 3 (which took place twelve years after his visit in the town with Heather, his adoptive daughter, as the protagonist), Origins, a re-imagining Shattered Memories (which re-tells the first game itself) and various non-canon UFO endings in most of the installments (where James Sunderland, Silent Hill 2's protagonist, appears alongside him - potential alternate costume with a new voice and different character interactions/dialogue?).

For his moveset in Konami vs. Capcom, Harry wil use hand-to-hand combat from some Silent Hill installments with melee attacks like punches and kicks at the opponent, but a major part focuses on weapons from his starring game such as a steel pipe, kitchen knife, hammer, an axe, rock drill, katana, a chainsaw (one of the possible Supers) and firearms (handgun/shotgun/hunting rifle, even a powerful Hyper Blaster). He can also use a flashlight to stun the opponent, a health drink to restore some of his health and drop chemical acid onto the ground to leave a burning flame.

For one of his Supers, a siren will be heard going off as the entire background gets covered in fog alongside a ground becoming rusted for a small period of time. This allows Harry to teleport behind the opponent through fog by running away from danger, as if getting lost and even summon creatures such as Air Screamer, Grey Child and Mumbler. His Level 3 Super will involve him pulling out the Flauros, which glows in a blue aura as it floats upwards, glowing brighter before shooting out a flashing blue beam that does tremendous damage to the opponent as Harry jumps back.

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #35: Silent Hill: Sister Claudia
Claudia.png

The Order is present in every Silent Hill game from Team Silent (except 2), so I think a general representation for their group would be a great way to represent multiple games. I think Walter and Vincent super fascinating characters, but if we're talking about characters with a strong moveset potential, I really think Claudia Wolf would be our best bet here. She both has powerful telekinetic abilities, as well as the power to control the monsters of Silent Hill, essentially making her a mix between a zoner type and a stand character. Due to her status as a high priestess, I think you could also include a variety of specific moves that allow other members of The Order to show up as well, like the two I mentioned earlier, but also the bosses from 3*.

On top of it, she is the main antagonist of her game, a great character, and from what I can see, it seems like she's a fairly popular antagonist in the community. To sum her up, she's a priestess for the order who grew up with an abusive, highly religious household, and yet it never killed her faith, or belief in God. She's got a very fierce and holier-than-thou personality, but one who believes what she is doing is for the greater good of the world. She's extremely passionate and refuses to let anyone else get in her way, even if they are other members of The Order.

*Spoilers for 3
Missionary, Split Worm, Leonard, and Memory of Alessa are who I have in mind. You could have moves like the Split Worm biting at you, or Leonard aimlessly flinging his big meaty claws into you. Basically, I'd want the moves they'd use when you fight them in game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 35 (Final Fight): Lucia Morgan
1655144628481.png
1655144638043.png

Lucia Morgan is from Final Fight 3 (and later appeared as DLC in Street Fighter V). She is a plucky tough-talking cop who reports directly to Mayor Haggar. She owes Haggar a debt of gratitude for awakening her flaming ki and clearing her of false corruption charges. She fights with her police baton and self-taught martial arts. I'm throwing her into the mix because I like her! She's super funny and cute and her fighting style is fun too!

Job 35 (Silent Hill): Angela Orosco
1655144842874.png

Angela is a major character in Silent Hill 2, a homeless runaway with a boatload of grief and trauma who is called to Silent Hill due to her past. Angela is angry and hurt, and is capable of great violence through her lashing out and use of her knife. She's an extremely dark character and I admit I second-guessed submitting her for a fighting game, but at the same time I think she's fantastically interesting in her tragedy and between the knife, her more unhinged nature, and being able to incorporate monsters, environmental damage, and fire into her moveset, she could make for a very unique pick.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Maki (Really hoping she gets an opportunity in SF6 too)
  2. Lucía (Also a nice option, she has a very cool moveset)
  3. Guy (Awesome bias)
Shout out to all the other characters, Final Fight has a lot of great options.
  1. Pyramid Head (the that I know the most, and so a lot of people who didnt played the games)
  2. Heather (she sounds promising)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright yall, voting has come to a close! Here are the results!

Haggar: 15
Guy: 5
Poison: 10
Maki: 4
Cody: 3
Lucia: 5

Heather: 9
Pyramid Head: 9
Harry: 1
Claudia: 4
Angela: 1

And it looks like Mike Haggar will be our Final Fight representative. We also have a tie between P. Head and Heather, so i’m gonna run a quick tiebreaker.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Tiebreaker over! And it looks like our Silent Hill rep will be none other than Heather Mason!!! With that, we're one character job away from reaching the halfway point of our roster. But before we can reach that milestone, we still have some miscellaneous jobs to take care of first.

Job #36: Submit a Darkstalkers and Ganbare Goemon assist!

Hell yeah, time for more assists! Yall know the drill for these by now. Submit a character from each franchise, and make sure to include their light, medium, heavy, and super attack. As usual, any character who gets in will be disconfirmed from the base roster. Have fun!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job #36
Lord Raptor/Zabel Zalrock (Darkstalkers)
1655255359872.png
A charismatic young rock star who became a supernatural being when Emperor Ozom took notice of his actions and revived him for his own plans. After becoming Ozom's personal assassin he was told that if he seeks to be stronger, he would have to defeat the Darkstalkers as well as collect their souls for the Emperor. Although Lord Raptor agreed, his true plans were to destroy Ozom and to take his spot as Emperor. My main and favorite character of the series, any opportunity to have him here is something I require to take.
  • Light - Zabel would run to the opponent attacking with a flying chainsaw kick.
  • Medium - Zabel use his move Skull Sting, jumping and making his arm a saw attacking the opponent.
  • Heavy - Zabel attacks using EX Evil Scream, stabs the opponent with a huge electric sting.
  • Super - Zabel would use Hell Dunk, grabs the opponent and transforms them into a ball that he grabs and bounce and then launch to a demonic basket performing a Slam Dunk.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #36
Lord Raptor/Zabel Zalrock (Darkstalkers)
View attachment 354756
A charismatic young rock star who became a supernatural being when Emperor Ozom took notice of his actions and revived him for his own plans. After becoming Ozom's personal assassin he was told that if he seeks to be stronger, he would have to defeat the Darkstalkers as well as collect their souls for the Emperor. Although Lord Raptor agreed, his true plans were to destroy Ozom and to take his spot as Emperor. My main and favorite character of the series, any opportunity to have him here is something I require to take.
  • Light - Zabel would run to the opponent attacking with a flying chainsaw kick.
  • Medium - Zabel use his move Skull Sting, jumping and making his arm a saw attacking the opponent.
  • Heavy - Zabel attacks using EX Evil Scream, stabs the opponent with a huge electric sting.
  • Super - Zabel would use Hell Dunk, grabs the opponent and transforms them into a ball that he grabs and bounce and then launch to a demonic basket performing a Slam Dunk.
I did not know his name is Zabel Zalrock in some places, that is so cool.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #36: Ganbare Goemon Assist - Sasuke

Sasuke is one of the main protagonists in the Ganbare Goemon series, who is a skilled mechanical clockwork ninja built by the Wise Old Man, first debuting as a boss in The Legend of the Mystical Ninja before becoming a playable character in Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shōgun Magginesu, where he joined Goemon and Ebisumaru on their journey to stop a general Shogun McGuiness from westernizing Japan. After this, they and Yae formed a team to protect the Edo Town from various threats in forthcoming installments.
  • Light: Fire Cracker Bomb - Sasuke tosses a small fire cracker bomb in an arc, that explodes on-contact.
  • Medium: Hair Impact - Sasuke fires his top hair-knot straight forward at his summoner's opponent while laying on the ground. Has medium range.
  • Heavy: Kunai of Severe Cold - Sasuke charges himself while being surrounded by a icy wind before throwing a slow kunai forward. It freezes the opponent for a while on-contact.
  • Super - Sasuke pulls out two kunais with both hands and then starts firing a barrage of kunais towards the opponent. When used in the air, he will aim and throw kunais diagonally downwards in a 45 degree angle.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Looks like Lord Raptor and Sasuke will be our next batch of assists! Now onto the next round!

Job #37: Submit an additional rep from any currently represented Capcom series and Konami series

To celebrate us almost reaching the halfway milestone with our roster, we’re doing yet another job dedicated to additional reps. I’ve allowed yall to submit additional reps for any of our jobs for a while, but I still felt like this job was worth revisiting for two main reasons:
  1. All of our new additions since that job have been from new franchises, so I thought it’d be nice to take a step back and flesh out some of the series we already have
  2. I just thought it’d be a fun way to see how far the project has come. Last time we only had five franchises from each company to work with, and now our options have more than doubled. With more potential characters on the table, I figured this would be a great job to celebrate reaching the halfway point with.
With that out of the way, here’s a list of everything that’s eligible for this job:

Capcom:
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • Red Earth
  • Darkstalkers
  • Cyberbots
  • Ghosts n’ Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Ace Attorney
  • Asura’s Wrath
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fight
Konami:
  • Metal Gear
  • Bomberman
  • Castlevania
  • Ganbare Goemon
  • Tokimeki Memorial
  • Gradius (and Zone of the Enders, because Vic Viper is in an interesting spot of technically representing two franchises)
  • Contra
  • TwinBee
  • Boktai
  • Snatcher
  • Bloody Roar
  • Silent Hill
As you can see, we’ve got a lot to pick from. As always, you can submit one rep for each company, but don’t feel too pressured to do both if you only have an idea for one. Worth remembering that we’ve added assists and bosses since that job, so any character that’s been assigned those role will not be eligible for this job.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I’ve established a strict three-character cap for each series. This is to keep us from going overboard with additional reps and make sure we end up with a fresh, diverse roster. What that means is that should we add a third Street Fighter or Metal Gear rep this round, those series will no longer be eligible for future character jobs in our base game.

Anyway, that’s it from me! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Now I'm a little motivated
Job #37 (Capcom)
VERGIL - DEVIL MAY CRY
DMC5_Vergil_render.png

• Series: Devil May Cry
  • First Appearance:
    • Has Vergil: Devil May Cry 3 (February 17th, 2005)
    • Has Nelo Angelo: Devil May Cry (August 23th, 2001)
  • Character Theme Choices:
The other son of Sparda, the Dark Slayer, the Alpha and Omega, the based and redpilled and the "Man literally to motivated to die", Vergil is the brother of Dante who unlike him decided to embrace his demon side and apart his human part. Vergil is one, if not the most popular character from the series due to his badass look and moveset and his memetic status. Vergil also had some experience in the Capcom vs. games being playable in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 where he is evem more infamous because his reputation of being unbelievable Broken.
Also come on, Raiden vs Vergil? , It has to be this way vs Bury the Light?, sign me in!
Job #37 (Konami)
SOMA CRUZ - CASTLEVANIA
SSBU_spirit_Soma_Cruz.png
  • Series: Castlevania
  • First Appearance: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (May 6th, 2003)
  • Character Theme Choices:
Soma Cruz is the protagonist of the duology Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow. I was considering resubmit Jonathan and Charlotte (that I still think they should have a chance) but maybe going to a more knowed option would be good this time. Soma could have some interesing moves due the soul system of his games that probably would lead him to be a stance character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leon Kennedy

Resident Evil is a pretty big series. I think it would be good to have a human character alongside our monster rep. Jill and Chris are been done to death at this point. But Leon has surprisingly never been in one. He would be based on Resi 4, which would tie into the upcoming remake.

Ebisumaru.png

Ebisumaru
Goemon might seem like a weird pick for a second rep. But it's a popular series with cool characters. Ebisumaru would be a fun comedy pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #47: New Fighters from Already Represented Series

While I do agree that we should go for a MMX, Legends or Battle Network character as an another Mega Man rep, I just felt like sharing this out, as this pick is my personal favorite Robot Master in the classic series and also works for a villain rep (if only someone submits Plasma Bomber with the Five Dastardly Bombers as a second Bomberman rep for his potential rival).

Capcom Fighter - Air Man

Air Man is one of the eight Robot Masters in Mega Man 2, which was released in 1988 for the Famicom before being localized for it's North American release on Nintendo Entertainment System the following year (1989), in which he was created specially for combat to destroy the Blue Bomber himself by Dr. Wily, like his fellow seven colleagues, labeled "DWN-010" and being something of an egotist who enjoys wind surfing, dislikes the autumn season due to falling leaves clogging up his propeller and often bores other Robot Masters by talking about himself for long periods of time.

Besides working as the basis for future creations with a identical body type/design, Air Man later became one of the franchise's reoccuring characters following his appearances in Mega Man 3 (Doc Robot in Needle Man's stage copying his moves), Wily & Right's RockBoard: That's Paradise (as a Boss Card), Mega Man's Soccer, MM2: The Power Fighters, Super Adventure Rockman (assisting Mega Man by giving his remaining energy to defeat New Yellow Devil), Rockman xover (with an improved golden form), etc. and even outside like Street Fighter x All Capcom, Otoranger, Dragon Coins and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (as Rashid's costume).

For his moveset possibilities, Air Man is able to utilize his Special Weapon, Air Shooter, by firing out tornadoes either from a propeller in his torso or an arm cannon (with three barrages of six small projectiles in one of his Supers to reference the attack pattern), pushing the opponent/projectiles away, pulling them towards him, generating typhoons (akin to Tornado Hold; can even turn into one while spinning) and sucking junk to use it as a shield (akin to a MM7 weapon) before blowing away (maybe a possible Super based on Naruto's Fuuton: Rasenshuriken?). He can also change the size of his propeller blades to block attacks, summon a Item-2 hoverboard to fly towards the opponent (referencing the item Rock acquires upon defeating him), a DeluPipi to drop down a giant egg and even call out fellow Robot Masters from Mega Man 2 (Metal/Bubble/Quick/Crash/Flash/Heat/Wood) for attacks. We may even consider his design from Hitoshi Ariga's manga, Mega Man Megamix, and his .EXE counterpart from the Battle Network series (sounds logical, huh?) for alternate costumes.

Re-submitting a certain vampire hunter for the Konami submission. It's about time he should be in this project now.

Konami Fighter - Simon Belmont

(note: both classic/Smash and Chronicles designs can be used as customization options. Maybe even other Belmonts' outfits, as well?)
While I'm open for both Soma and Shanoa as the second Castlevania fighter, I think we should go for a more traditional character like Simon freakin' Belmont himself to represent it's classic platforming origins, compared to Alucard's "Metroidvania" side since Symphony of the Night. Pretty much, he kick-started the legacy of a whole franchise.

The original protagonist of the first Castlevania game released on the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1986 and it's sequel, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Simon is the fourth direct (and most well-known) descendant of the Belmont Clan consisting of vampire hunters and heir of their renowned whip Vampire Killer following his ancestor Christopher, who was born in Wallachia and fought against their eternal arch-enemy Count Dracula twice in a lifetime, all on his own (solo/alone, unlike other protagonists), the first time in 1691 and a second time while he had a curse placed by him upon his death and gathered Dracula's remains to resurrect him in order to get rid of it seven years later.

Due to his status as the series' first playable hero/protagonist and how his story was retold a few times later (Vampire Killer on MSX, Haunted Castle on the arcades where he was married with Selena, Super Castlevania IV on Super NES, Chronicles on Sharp X68000/PlayStation and Lords of Shadow's sequel, Mirror of Fate) besides appearances throughout the franchise itself like Harmony of Despair, Judgment (where he looks like a goth Light Yagami) and Grimoire of Souls, Simon himself is often considered one of Konami's most recognizable faces/mascots and iconic characters of Castlevania alongside Dracula and his son Alucard themselves, having made several appearances outside in other Konami-developed games such as Hai no Majutsushi (a mahjong game released for the MSX2), Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2 as a recruitable ally with his fellow 1986 Konami mascot, his non-canon descendant in Wai Wai World and himself in it's sequel, DreamMix TV: World Fighters (alongside Bomberman, Solid Snake, TwinBee, Moai from Gradius and famous Transformers, Optimus Prime & Megatron themselves), New International Track & Field, Super Bomberman R and finally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate itself alongside his descendant Richter Belmont.

And oh yes, this was a REAL thing:

For his moveset/playstyle, Simon clearly focuses on abilities such as using his Vampire Killer whip to attack the opponent by striking them or brandish it by spinning around in-front of him which even stops projectiles, having high mobility (like being able to swing-kick by ring-grappling hence Super Castlevania IV and Spider-Man's web-swing move in the Marvel vs. Capcom series) and is able to perform good combos with martial arts techniques borrowed from Richter like in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls. He can also use the sword from Haunted Castle, Flame Whip for more powerful attacks and perform techniques/skills from Grimoire of Souls and Judgment such as:
  • Twisting Arrow: A dive kick while spiraling like a tornado, hitting multiple times before landing.
  • Binding Whip: Catches the opponent with his Vampire Killer whip and then drags them towards him.
  • Whip Tornado/Valiant Sunder: Spins around to strike the opponent with his whip.
  • Dancing Whip: Simon whips around himself quickly and then dashes forward with his Vampire Killer whip.
  • Holy Ruin: A rushing punch with the whip wrapped around Simon's fist.
  • Rising Whip: Charges up and then performs a vertical uppercut, which launches the opponent into the air.
  • Crushing Strike/Sudden Impact: Charging up, Simon spins his whip around and then slams it in-front of him.
  • Nimble Beat: Unleashes a quick flurry of whip attacks akin to Alucard's Crissaegrim.
  • Vampire Killer: Simon's most powerful move which works for his Level 3 super. He starts by charging at the opponent, whipping them five times vertically and then finishes with a rapid barrage of whip strikes powered with holy energy which hits up to 99 times and engulfs the opponent with a light sphere-like explosion.
Simon can also make use of various Sub-Weapons such as throwing daggers, axes, cross boomerangs, rebounding stones, holy water bottles to summon flame pillars, the bible/magic book that spirals around him, a stopwatch to briefly freeze the opponent's movements for a short period of time, etc., even being able to unleash Item Crashes for a super move depending on which sub-weapon he previously used like Grand Cross (cross), Hydro Storm (Holy Water), Thousand Edge (dagger), Spiral Axe (axe), etc.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
3BD74971-1BDB-435D-93AD-F4A4534B873F.png

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

OBJECTION! Why would Trucy get in over Phoenix? We have to have the original hero in the game.

9487F1B1-CCA5-4D7B-BC4C-3B5C5F6EDB77.png

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)

And how can we have Silent Hill without its most recognizable character?

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
For my Capcom pick, I’m resubmitting Bass.EXE on Fly’s behalf. I just think there’s way too much in favor of a Battle Network rep for us to pass one up. It’s an underrepresented subseries that could really use some love, it already has Konami crossover history with Boktai, and our Mega Man stage is a Battle Network stage. If any versus game were to be MMBN’s big break, it’d definitely be this one. Also, Bass.EXE rocks and is such a cool pull for a BN rep.

Capcom: Bass.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)
View attachment 349113

Bass.EXE is a NetNavi with no operator, a recurring boss and later super-boss in the MMBN series, and a tragic character abandoned by his creator who feared his destructive power. Following the events of MMBN2, Bass.EXE would fuse with the virus beast, Gospel, to form BassGS, as shown here. Bass.EXE is one of my dream characters in a Capcom Vs. game as he's an important and truly excellent character - a highlight of the series, in fact. He has some killer moves, as seen in his boss fights in 2 and 3, such as teleportation, a glowing hand, and the Gospel cannon in his GS form. He also has the ability to use a LifeAura, a special barrier that nulls damage unless attacked by a sufficiently strong enough move, after which it vanishes.

I actually had a really hard time choosing an EXE character to submit, and will definitely get some other ideas down in the future. MegaMan.EXE himself is amazing, and Colonel.EXE would be a fantastic big-body powerhouse, but I had to go with my boy Bass.EXE first because he's pretty much the MMBN rep I'd go for in any project ever if I had the keys to them.
Konami Pick: Yae (Ganbare Goemon)

Yae_-_Goemon_27s_Great_Adventure_-_02.png

Yae is one of Ganbare Goemon’s four protagonists. She’s a secret agent who works for an organization that investigates crimes and mysteries across Japan. After being rescued by Goemon and Ebisumaru, Yae quickly becomes one of their closest allies and tags along for many of their adventures, often offering them leads on whatever misadventure the gang finds themselves in.

While Ebisumariu is arguably the more important member of Goemon’s quartet as the default Player 2, I can’t help myself! Yae is just way too goddamn cool to not suggest her. I imagine her being more of a rushdown character, attacking with her signature sword and bazooka.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Capcom: Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
Darkstalkers_Resurrection_Jedah.png

Although he was introduced in the final Darkstalkers game, where he was its main antagonist, Jedah is one of the franchise's most popular characters and one of Capcom's personal favorites to feature. He is the grim reaper himself, if he was also the devil, and the anti-christ. How much of a final boss can you get, really? Although he's based on cultural depictions of death and demons, to me, he much more resembles Go Nagai's Devilman.

Jedah's a sweet talker, and an aristocratic businessman. He's always just so cool-headed, confident, and a real mastermind. He holds himself together with such pride. He can back it up, too. He's one of three who leads the demon realm where Morrigan lives, and its youngest noble.

Obviously, he's from a fighting game, so putting him in this game isn't going to be at all difficult, but I'll give you two big reasons why he would be great here. The obvious one is that the Darkstalkers characters and the Castlevania characters feel like they would be no brainers to go up against each other, but I especially think him vs Alucard would be the real money match when it comes to Darkstalkers vs Castlevania. They're both cool-headed, young heirs and extremely powerful "monsters", but how they use their power is very different.

Secondly, Capcom has really just had bad luck with him. His big crossover appearances were among the four Darkstalkers chosen in Capcom Fighting Evolution, and then he got a major role in MvCI, where he was honestly one of the cooler additions to the series. I just think he deserves more.

For Konami, I am going to resubmit Shanoa.

DvFcQidVsAATJpu.jpg

I put a slightly longer description in the quote below, but I just think she's extremely unique as far as Casevania protagonists go, as she's kind of a mage/every weapon fighter hybrid, and she's my girl. Give her the biggest weapon in the game.

Konami: Shanoa (Castlevania)
View attachment 349079
Shanoa is the protagonist of Order of Ecclesia, and one of the breakout protagonists after they moved away from the Belmonts, along with Soma Cruz. In fact, they actually chose her over Soma when making Castlevania Judgement. Y'know, that one Castlevania arena brawler with designs by the Death Note guy. They also put her in Harmony of Despair and Grimoire of Souls.

Having her in would allow us to represent the about half of Castlevania protagonists that are magic users, but her magic allows her to use all weapons and even combine weapons (or double the same weapon) to get a unique power, sort of like in Kirby 64. There's amazing moveset potential out of that.

I also just think she's cool. I like her.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Capcom: Mia Winters

I think we should have a playable RE protagonist in here and I think Mia would be a good choice given she represents the newer games. She can use pretty much all the weapons that are mainstays of the Resident Evil franchise and we could even have her go into her insane, zombified form from RE7 for hyper combos (we have hyper combos in here right?)

Konami: Max

Max is Bomberman’s rival and a recurring character in the series who has been playable in plenty of games. Think of him like the Shadow the Hedgehog of the Bomberman series. I imagine he could be somewhat like a “semi-clone” using some of the same bombs but in different ways. There are a lot of types of bombs and powerups in the series so I think adding a second rep for the series would be a good way to represent some more, or show them used in different ways.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Konami: Christopher Weatherfield (Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: 2nd Kiss)

1656072171658.png

Christopher Weatherfield is one of the main romance options in Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2 for the Nintendo DS. A transfer student from England, he has his head in the clouds but he is charming and extremely wealthy, as well as a hopeless romantic. As you learn of his story you also learn that he is a sensitive artist who loves paint and sculpture as well as the heir to a big business, a role he's unprepared to accept.

I'm only nominating him because he's one of my favorite characters from the series and because I think his artistic side could make for a fun way to explore a different side of Tokimeki Memorial with the clubs as well as an entirely different spin-off series. He also has combat experience.

Capcom: Poison (Final Fight)
1656072683322.png

Poison is the manager of Hugo and a recurring enemy from Final Fight who later became a Street Fighter regular. I know we just added Mike Haggar but I just absolutely love her and think she'd make for a really fun addition to the roster.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright, voting time has begun! Here are our candidates:

Capcom:
Vote for your top three. Your own submission can only go in last place!

Konami:
Vote for your top three. Your own submission can only go in last place!

1. Leon
2. Jedah
3. Bass.EXE

1. Simon
2. Ebisumaru
3. Christopher

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Capcom:
  1. Bass.EXE