• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Konami vs Capcom: Concerto of Champions

Should our game be 3v3 or 2v2? Or something else?

• 3v3

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 2v2

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • screw it, we’re making this a 4v4 i guess

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Konami - This is the one for me. Saturday Night Slam Masters vs. Rumble Roses. Mega Man vs. Bomberman. Heather Mason vs. Jill Valentine. I love this.

2. ArcSys - I adore ArcSys games and they have a surprising amount of cool titles that would be a blast to explore in a crossover, to say nothing of the crazy character potential.

3. Bamco - Namco X Capcom was my dream game back in the day and I'm so sad it never got localized. Think of how fun a game with Velvet Crowe and the Chosen Undead taking on Capcom characters could be. We could also use this as an excuse to get even more Tekken x Street Fighter going on!

4. Toei - Regina vs. Godzilla. I'm just saying.

5. BONES - I absolutely love Capcom vs. anime ideas and this is a really fun potential pick. Haruhi Fujioka main day one.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
1. Konami - This is the one for me. Saturday Night Slam Masters vs. Rumble Roses. Mega Man vs. Bomberman. Heather Mason vs. Jill Valentine. I love this.
Childhood friends/memories. I had to go w/ that Digimon Game from Playstation instead. (2001-2003) It was cheaper & less emotional attachment.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Square-Enix
2. Toei
3. Bones
4. AcrSys
5. Konami

I went with actual realistic concepts rather than KOOEY-KABLOOEY levels of silliness and randomness. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was a simply amazing game and the fact no one ever saw it coming made it more amazing. We already have a Shonen Jump vs Capcom thread, Toei or Bones seems interesting to explore.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. Square-Enix
2. Toei
3. Bones
4. AcrSys
5. Konami

I went with actual realistic concepts rather than KOOEY-KABLOOEY levels of silliness and randomness. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was a simply amazing game and the fact no one ever saw it coming made it more amazing. We already have a Shonen Jump vs Capcom thread, Toei or Bones seems interesting to explore.
Just a reminder, you can only put your own submission in last place, so please move ArcSys to last place if you’re going to self-vote.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright, I think enough time has passed and it's time to bring voting to a close. It's was a well-fought battle, but there can only be one universe with the honor of clashing with Capcom's best. Let's take a look at the results:
  • Squeenix: 36
  • Microsoft: 12
  • The Breakfast Bois: 21
  • Hasbro: 23
  • Toei: 20
  • WB Horror: 14
  • Licensed: 7
  • SEGA: 6
  • Konami: 44
  • DC: 7
  • Universal: 27
  • CN: 10
  • Bamco: 34
  • ArcSys: 19
  • BONES: 6
The latest entry in the Vs. series, and the game we'll be putting all our creative energy into realizing, will be Konami vs Capcom!!! Personally, I'm super satisfied with this outcome. Konami has a lot of neat characters that you could base a fighting game around, yet you don't really see them brought up a lot in terms of potential crossover rosters. At least when compared to your Segas or your Bamcos. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for these two gaming icons. I'll update the OP soon to reflect the current direction of this project. And now that we have the theme for our game decided, it's time to get to the fun part!

Job #2: Submit one Capcom character and one Konami character

Now that we know which company we're pairing Capcom with, we can finally start figuring out what our roster is gonna look like. Considering both Konami and Capcom have rich catalogs of iconic games that span over 40 years, we're going to have a **** ton of material to work with here. Worth noting that I already locked in one character on both Konami and Capcom's side each. Those characters are Ryu from Street Fighter on Capcom's side, and Solid Snake from Metal Gear on Konami's side. Ryu's inclusion just goes without saying, and Metal Gear is arguably the most iconic and influential Konami thing so Snake seemed like a no-brainer. I might do a poll later asking which incarnation of Snake we wanna use, but for now just assume that we're going with the MGS2 Snake that we see in Smash. Regardless, these two are already in so you don't need to submit them. Everyone else from both companies are on the table outside of the Street Fighter or Metal Gear franchises. We'll be doing second rep jobs for those guys later.

I really wanna stress that for now, try to stick with the well known faces for both companies. I won't stop you from submitting your weird deep cuts, but we're trying to lay a good foundation for our roster and we need to get some of the more obvious picks out of the way to achieve that. Also this should go without saying, but both characters have to actually be owned by Konami or Capcom to be eligible. Which means no wacky guest fighters for right now. I'm going to leave this job open for a little longer than usual just to give everyone time to figure out who they wanna submit. If you're not super knowledgeable on Konami or even Capcom for that matter, I urge you to do your research and see what you can find. And while we're on the subject of character rosters...

Job #3: How many characters should our roster have?

While we're figuring out who we want to add, we should also ask the equally important question of how many characters we're going to add. Having a number in mind when building our roster will give me a better idea of what direction I wanna take with jobs and whatnot. The highest roster size you'll be allowed to submit is 60 total, but keep in mind that there's more to making a roster than having A Lot Of Characters. Submit a roster size that you think would work best for this project. And for the love of all that is holy, submit an even number so we can evenly distribute the number of Capcom and Konami reps. Anyway that's all I have for yall, submit away!

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I'm away right now, but I will ẽpand when I get home

1. Alucard from Castlevania

It's Alucard!​
Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes, often known only as Alucard, is the son of Dracula. As a result of the union of a human mother and vampire father, Alucard is a dhampir and possesses many powerful abilities. He's been a frequent ally of the Belmont clan, allying with Trevor Belmont in Castlevania III, albeit with a more classical vampire look. He takes a quick beauty nap and returns in the iconic Symphony of the Night as the main protagonist. He continues even to the modern era, disguising as Genya Arikado to aid Soma Cruz.

Alucard is probably the most important non Belmont, non Dracula character in the Castlevania series. His popularity has cemented him as one of the key characters of Konami's library. This is especially true today, where he was considered to be the playable representative in Smash Brothers. The Netflix show, which has only recently ended, has only skyrocketed the boy into greater popularity. So yeah Alucard!! WoohoO!!

I'd imagine him fighting with his Crissaegrim and other dhampir powers idk I didn't get very far into SotN. But he is super cool and I love him.
2. Morrigan from Darkstalkers

Surely there are other Darkstalkers, right?​
Yep it's Morrigan. A staple for every Versus game. Even if Darkstalkers is dead. Morrigan will always be there. I genuinely like her though she is super cool.
3. 48 with 24 on each side

Last edited:
Job 2:
Capcom Character:
Megaman X (Megaman X)

Megaman X is main character of Megaman X series, which is a Spinoff of very iconic Megaman series. He is a descendent of original megaman and he is also a maverick hunter, where he kills animal-themed robots made by Sigma.
He also teams up with Zero to hunt more Mavericks.
Megaman X appeared in "Vs. Capcom" games as Fighter throughout all games.

He could have the same moveset like in Vs. Games. Nuff Said.
(Albeit he could use moves based on OG Megaman to spice his moveset up)

Konami Character:
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Simon Belmont is main Character of Castlevania series. He is a vampire hunter hailing from his family, who also kills vampires through years. He appeared in NES trilogy of Castlevania and made some appearances during SNES/Genesis Era and he also appeared in later Castlevania games.
Simon Belmont is one of Iconic Konami Characters that revolutionized "Metroidvania" genre along with Samus and Castlevania is also one of Iconic games franchises that influenced other Metroidvania games.
He is not a stranger to Crossovers like he appeared in Super Bomberman R and one of best examples is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

His moveset would be based on abilities from Castlevania like whip attacking or throwing axes at opponents (I hope he won't throw an Axe into someone's head).
His design is Based on Smash Version, notably the NES one, since it's more eye-catching for Konami fans.

I chose them both as Rivals, because they are both hunting bad guys and both come from Platform sub-genre games (Simon comes from Metroidvania and Megaman X comes from Run 'n' Gun games.)

Job 3:
40 characters with 20 on each side.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Personally said, Tankman. I prefer going with someone else as Mega Man and Simon's rivals like Bomberman and Arthur respectively, maybe Chris or Spencer against Snake and Oolong from Yie ar Kung Fu ( AlRex AlRex - 😉) alongside Ryu.

Job #2:

Capcom Character - Momotaru (Pirate Ship Higemaru)

Now this one is a very obscure pick, that's for sure. At least it would be a example for those kinds of choices in future.

Momotaru is the main protagonist of Capcom's 1984 arcade classic Pirate Ship Higemaru (walkthrough), which involves a courageous Norwegian sailor himself (as a European myself, I found this fascinating) trying to get rid of the titular evil pirate crew, the Higemaru Corps, themselves led by Captain Bows from his ship/vessel, the Anchor, by grabbing and throwing barrels, drums, large bags and various other items into them. The game was ported a few times in Capcom's arcade collections such as Generations 3 (SEGA Saturn/PlayStation), Classics Collection (PlayStation 2/Xbox), Arcade Cabinet (PlayStation 3/Xbox 360) and Arcade Stadium (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Steam/Switch). It also got a Famicom/MSX2-exclusive sequel, Higemaru Makaijima: Nanatsu no Shima Daibōken (walkthrough), which has Momotaru sailing the seven islands alongside one of them having Ghosts 'n Goblins elements such as various enemies and Red Arremer (Firebrand's race/species) appearing as the final boss.

Momotaru himself, Beard (long-dead pirate legend from Higemaru Makaijima) and Bows (who are both ret-conned as his younger siblings) were given profiles in the Shadaloo Combat Research Institute character guide in August 2016, being established as the older brothers of a character adapted from Ruby Heart (who appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes) and fought Ryu at some point in the past. He was even considered as a playable character for Street Fighter V, using his barrel as his main source of attack, before he was cut in favor of Birdie instead, however.

Indeed, this would apply for his moveset in Konami vs. Capcom, able to use a large barrel with a chain attached to it by whipping it around to batter opponents or throwing different kinds of projectiles (such as normal non-chained/explosive barrels or boulders like in Higemaru Makaijima) across the screen towards them. He can even use an anchor to either grab airborne opponents and slam them back onto the ground, tossing it up into the air to make it crash down or turn himself invincible for a limited time, referencing it's usage as a power-up in Pirate Ship Higemaru.

According to Shadaloo Combat Research Institute, Momotaru is also an avid fan of darts, and will not hesitate to use these to taunt his foes, so this would be referenced as one of his projectile attacks which may do weaker damage compared to others, but can be spammed by pressing the attack button repeatedly. He also used the Satan Sword in Higemaru Makaijima to finish off various bosses such as Red Arremer itself.

For his rival who I didn't submit, but wanted to share out for others back there, I thought of Frogger, since both of their games are rather simple in gameplay (Frogger has to cross the river by dodging obstacles and Momotaru has to defeat pirates by throwing objects), related to water and they're also made early in both companies' starting careers (1981's Frogger as one of Konami's first popular games and 1984's Pirate Ship Higemaru, being Capcom's third game after Vulgus and SonSon, released months before their first world-wide hit, 1942). And besides, Frogger himself was kind of a pirate in The Great Quest.

Konami Character - Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)

This one immediately came to my mind once Konami was submitted there. Despite being popular on it's own as pointed out below, it's not actually in the same level as Metal Gear, Silent Hill and Castlevania.

Sparkster is the main protagonist of the Rocket Knight Adventures series, which was created for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive console by Nobuya Nakazato in 1993, who designed many Contra games such as Contra III: The Alien Wars, Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier. The first game later got three sequels; Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 on Genesis, Sparkster on SNES and a 2010 revival, Rocket Knight on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (One/Series X & S via backwards compatibility; was given for free via Xbox Live Gold months ago) and Steam.

The series became successful enough to inspire multiple indie games such as Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight, etc. and even got a very own story arc in Fleetway's UK-made comic book, Sonic the Comic, thus making Sparkster the only character who didn't originate from SEGA. It's soundtrack (some of which are composed by Akira Yamaoka herself of Silent Hill/Contra fame) is also very awesome and underrated to listen out, such as a well-known first stage theme (which was remixed for the 2010 game), a iconic boss theme, Lakeside from the SNES game, etc.

While he may look like a Sonic character, Sparkster's actually an opossum knight with a jetpack, so he's certainly not going to play dead to face off all of these armies consisting of pigs, robots, wolves, a literal counterpart of Death Star, etc. (all led by Emperor Devilgus Devotindos, King Gedol, Colonel Wolfheim and Generalissimo Lioness) to save the peaceful Kingdom of Zephyrus (ruled by King Zephyrus and Princess Sherry) and avenge his deceased adoptive father Mifune Sanjulo, who adopted him when he was a orphan, trained him in the way of the Rocket Knights and was killed by his rival, the corrupt "Black Knight", Axel Gear (who may potentially work as his alternate costume in this project).

As a fighter, Sparkster's playstyle/moveset focuses on his swordplay with a usage of his jetpack, having lots of mobility thanks to it, being very awesome at aerial combos with a fuel meter (which fills overtime and depletes depending on what attack button the player uses) and having various techniques such as:
  • Rocket Burst - Sparkster's signature move, in which he ignites his jetpack and charges in 8 different directions with his sword pointing forwards. When performing a diagonal Rocket Burst while hitting a wall, he will bounce/ricochet off it. For one of his Hyper Combos, Sparkster can perform a overdrive attack by charging up his jetpack and firing off super-fast, ricocheting himself all over the screen akin to Spider-Man's Maximum Spider.
  • Burst Drill - While performing a Rocket Burst by pressing any attack button, Sparkster will spin around like a drill for more damage, which briefly slows him down.
  • Burst Shot - Sparkster swings his sword forward, sending out a spinning crescent-shaped energy projectile. While a projectile itself is weak, it's quite fast and can be spammed repeatedly.
  • Burst Vortex - Sparkster will charge up his jetpack and then spins vertically around in-place for a while, able to hit multiple times and deflect projectiles back. The attack can also be done in the air.
  • Burst Assist - While in the air, Sparkster will ignite his jetpack in order to hover for a short period of time. This can be applied as a flight move akin to some characters like Iron Man in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.
  • Burst Beam - Sparkster holds his sword over himself while it shines with energy and then points it forwards, firing a barrage of crescent-shaped projectiles out of it, acting like a laser beam. This may obviously work the best as one of his Hyper Combos.
Besides all of these, Sparkster can also use the Flame Orb item from Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 for a flaming slash attack, his giant boxing mech, the Sparkrobo, to attack opponents from the background (like how Axel's Level 3 Hyper Combo is implemented in this deviant) and even being able to transform himself into a Super Sonic-like Golden Sparkster with Keys to the Seal (seven legendary swords), buffing himself for a short period of time with super armor, slight power boost, Burst Assist lasting for a much longer time and his Rocket Burst being both cancelable mid-flight and will bounce off walls three times than just once.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PHbom.png

Pyramid Head
One ofthe most iconic monsters in gaming. We can't really do this game without him.

Leon Kennedy
Resident Evil always makes it into these kind of games. Chris and Jill have been done so many times, we can add a monster later but you do need a protagnist. Leon has yet to appear in any of these games.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
#2: 56 total (with 28 on either side.) Leaves some comfy space open for four DLC characters if we want to go that way in the thread's twilight.

#3:
Character Company: Konami.
Character Name: Dracula.
Character Series: Castlevania.
Character Origin: Castlevania (1986.)

It's very easy for rosters like this to have a lot of focus on heroes and lack somewhat in villains. I'd like to take this opportunity to shoot that down right now, with the horrific presence of the monster of monsters, Count Dracula. With his moves mostly being based on his various appearances in boss fights, such as his ability to turn into mist, summoning hellfire from within his cape, and even having the ability to transform into the "Cookie Monster" for some of his more powerful attacks. I think in this case that it'd be useful to make Dracula's playstyle represent his terrifyingly menacing presence - he's slow, but he can control the stage very well, and when he hits he hits like a truck.

Character Company: Capcom.
Character Name: Monster Hunter.
Character Series: Monster Hunter.
Character Origin: Monster Hunter (2004.)

1647086918786.png

Okay, let's say that none of the Belmonts are available. Family holiday or something. Dracula's back, so who deals with him? Well, who better than someone experienced in taking down monsters of all kinds?

Okay, the segue wasn't the greatest, but I think seeing Monster Hunter here would be fun. A mostly close-range weapons fighter, you could choose to have a Byleth-like way of working it (different weapons each time,) or even change playstyle between different weapons. With powerhouses like the Great Sword and Hammer, combined with rapid close-range tools like the Dual Swords and Insect Glaives, or even long-range attacks like the Gunlance or Bowguns, I imagine Monster Hunter to be a character with at least one too for every situation - but a little on the slow side.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Roster size: 56
This is the amount that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has, and Capcom and Konami have such huge potential that they deserve the best, and it also leaves room for DLC. I know this number was already submitted, I just wanted to weigh in.

Konami Character: Emi (Dance Dance Revolution)
1647088024039.png
1647088040231.png

Bemani is to this day one of Konami's biggest brands. You can't go to an arcade without running into a machine for Pop'n Music, Beatmania, Sound Voltex, or indeed Dance Dance Revolution. I'll be pushing hard for characters from other Bemani games as well, but to me you have to start with the OG, DDR! A dancing, rhythm-based moveset would be a lot of fun, and with DDR's focus on multiplayer the playable character could easily feature plenty of cameos from the series in their moveset. The reason I'm going with Emi is honestly personal bias - I've always loved her design so she's the one I've picked since 3rdMIX. She also appears in Konami's Pop'n Music series, and in 2012 was one of many characters that were part of a tournament Konami held for fans to pick what characters made a cameo during their E3 presentation that year. She lost to Frogger, but still. I like her!

Capcom Character: Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)

The face of the Bonne family of pirates and leader of the Servbot army, Tron Bonne is Mega Man Volnutt's rival in the Legends series, though she's also sometimes an ally. She's the protagonist of her own game, as well! She's a regular in Capcom crossovers, being playable in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, 3, and Namco X Capcom, and she fights inside a mech and by sending out her Servbots to do her bidding. I'm submitting her because she's my main in the MvC series as well as one of my favorite characters in general.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Aight, finally got the OP updated to reflect the current status of this project. I’ll continue to update it as the thread progresses and we add more content. Also we have a Discord now. I wanted to wait until we decided our theme before putting it together, so here it is now! This will mostly serve as a more laid-back place to discuss the project and all things Konami and Capcom, so stop on by if that sounds like something you’re interested in! Anyway I’ve got some character submissions of my own to throw in:

Capcom Character: Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

8BA45532-1420-4F46-A45E-72246EB0D19A.jpeg

I mean no ****, it’s ****ing Dante! Devil May Cry is one of Capcom’s most beloved franchises, everyone loves the wacky woohoo pizza man, he just Makes Sense. Not gonna spend too much time on this one since he speaks for himself, but could you imagine Dante fighting off some of the Castlevania monsters in his arcade mode story? Even ignoring how obvious he is, he’s gotta be in just for that crossover alone.

Konami Character: Riou (Suikoden)

92843ED9-8229-491E-BE5C-72D5E91BC55A.png

Here we have the main protagonist of Suikoden II. Riou is a young soldier of the Highland Army’s Unicorn Youth Brigade. As a child, he was left orphaned during a war and was adopted by the hero Genkaku. He’s generally a laid-back person and believes in fighting for what’s right.

I knew I wanted to get a Suikoden character in here ever since we decided we were doing Konami. I mean it’s the Konami JRPG franchise and though the series has been dormant for quite some time, it still has a huge following of dedicated fans who are clamoring for the series to come back. Whenever the topic of “best PSX JRPGs” comes up, chances are you’re gonna hear one of the Suikoden games come into the conversation. Much like most popular JRPG franchises, Suikoden has a rotating cast of characters that changes with each game, so landing on just one character is a bit of a tricky task. Ultimately I landed on Riou because A., Suikoden II seems to be the most well-regarded entry from my research on the series, and B., he fills a unique weapon niche as a tonfa fighter. I’m not a Suikoden expert by any means, but I think he’d be neat.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #2:
Capcom Character:
Captain Commando
captain commando.png

Crime-fighting vigilante Captain Commando is the leader of a group that consists of him and his three sideki--I mean "Commando Companions": Mack the Knife, an alien that looks like a mummy, Ginzu the Ninja, a highly trained ninja, and Baby Head, a baby who pilots a giant robot body. Together, they look to rid Metro City of its crime epidemic!

While he is considered a failed mascot, he is beloved by Capcom with plenty of cameos and appearances, as well as the focus of the beat-em-up game, Captain Commando. His moves would have a mix of his strong punches and electrical attacks like how he plays in the beat em up, as well as cameo strike moves from his Commando Companions.

Konami Character: Konami Man
Konami Man2.jpg

Fellow superhero and mascot of Konami, with tons of cameo appearances in various Castlevania and Goemon titles, although he has a lot less personality to speak of. That said, we can use this to help flesh him out a little better, and he is also the star of his own game: Konami Wai Wai World. In it, with the help of his android sidekick, Konami Lady, they look to save the various Konami heroes and stop a demon overlord.

Konami Man's moves would feature his powerful blows, his beam gun, and moves related to his main power, flight. He is joined by Konami Lady in his moves but also a legally distinct giant gorilla and boy with a slingshot.

Job #3:
I think 56 is perfect. 28 for each side means we will have plenty of room for weird choices, but I don't think it's exhaustive or overdoing it.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Can't think of an important Capcom character that wasn't already submitted, here's a Konami character.

Konami Character: Bill Rizer (Contra)
1647060125291.png

Bill Rizer is one of the main protagonists of Contra. Bill would be a great inclusion due to his weaponry, being strong and agile, and due to his game's importance (it introduced the Konami code, that alone is worth a mention in a crossover)

Job #3: 60 Characters
Someone should get this out of the way, having the maximum allowed. That said, there's a genuine case aside from "More characters = Better Lineup," Capcom and Konami both have series that have been inactive in a while, and a lot of must haves for this roster, so if Capcom and Konami had 30 fighers each they would definitely be able to represent some of their most iconic series and characters, while leaving room for characters like Oolong and a V
ertical Tank.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 3: I think 46 is a good number for the roster. Anything more than 50 seems a little too much for base game IMO and 46 is a lot but not too much. If we have a roster that's too big I don't think this project would be nearly as fun if the roster number is too big because then we'll just be throwing all the ideas for characters in the game and we don't really have as much room to be smart about how we represent both companies.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 2:

Capcom Character:
Mega Man

MegaMan11_Art.jpg

A no-brainer for sure. One of the mascots of Capcom and has tons of moveset potential.There are tons of materials from the games to pull from and what not.

Konami Character: Frogger

MV5BODJjMzQ5Y2MtYWNhNS00NWVkLWIxMjctYjg0YjJhZmU4NDc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgyNjQ3MjQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Another no brainer. One of the oldest Konami characters and another platform. He would make a really unique fighter with being really good in the air vs on the ground. Add in some wackiness from the arcade games and all and he'll be golden.

Job 3:

How about 50 characters: 25 for each side.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Spam warning issued
Personally said, Tankman. I prefer going with someone else as Mega Man and Simon's rivals like Bomberman and Arthur respectively, maybe Chris or Spencer against Snake and Oolong from Yie ar Kung Fu ( AlRex AlRex - 😉) alongside Ryu.

Job #2:

Capcom Character - Momotaru (Pirate Ship Higemaru)

Now this one is a very obscure pick, that's for sure. At least it would be a example for those kinds of choices in future.

Momotaru is the main protagonist of Capcom's 1984 arcade classic Pirate Ship Higemaru (walkthrough), which involves a courageous Norwegian sailor himself (as a European myself, I found this fascinating) trying to get rid of the titular evil pirate crew, the Higemaru Corps, themselves led by Captain Bows from his ship/vessel, the Anchor, by grabbing and throwing barrels, drums, large bags and various other items into them. The game was ported a few times in Capcom's arcade collections such as Generations 3 (SEGA Saturn/PlayStation), Classics Collection (PlayStation 2/Xbox), Arcade Cabinet (PlayStation 3/Xbox 360) and Arcade Stadium (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Steam/Switch). It also got a Famicom/MSX2-exclusive sequel, Higemaru Makaijima: Nanatsu no Shima Daibōken (walkthrough), which has Momotaru sailing the seven islands alongside one of them having Ghosts 'n Goblins elements such as various enemies and Red Arremer (Firebrand's race/species) appearing as the final boss.

Momotaru himself, Beard (long-dead pirate legend from Higemaru Makaijima) and Bows (who are both ret-conned as his younger siblings) were given profiles in the Shadaloo Combat Research Institute character guide in August 2016, being established as the older brothers of a character adapted from Ruby Heart (who appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes) and fought Ryu at some point in the past. He was even considered as a playable character for Street Fighter V, using his barrel as his main source of attack, before he was cut in favor of Birdie instead, however.

Indeed, this would apply for his moveset in Konami vs. Capcom, able to use a large barrel with a chain attached to it by whipping it around to batter opponents or throwing different kinds of projectiles (such as normal non-chained/explosive barrels or boulders like in Higemaru Makaijima) across the screen towards them. He can even use an anchor to either grab airborne opponents and slam them back onto the ground, tossing it up into the air to make it crash down or turn himself invincible for a limited time, referencing it's usage as a power-up in Pirate Ship Higemaru.

According to Shadaloo Combat Research Institute, Momotaru is also an avid fan of darts, and will not hesitate to use these to taunt his foes, so this would be referenced as one of his projectile attacks which may do weaker damage compared to others, but can be spammed by pressing the attack button repeatedly. He also used the Satan Sword in Higemaru Makaijima to finish off various bosses such as Red Arremer itself.

For his rival who I didn't submit, but wanted to share out for others back there, I thought of Frogger, since both of their games are rather simple in gameplay (Frogger has to cross the river by dodging obstacles and Momotaru has to defeat pirates by throwing objects), related to water and they're also made early in both companies' starting careers (1981's Frogger as one of Konami's first popular games and 1984's Pirate Ship Higemaru, being Capcom's third game after Vulgus and SonSon, released months before their first world-wide hit, 1942). And besides, Frogger himself was kind of a pirate in The Great Quest.

Konami Character - Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)

This one immediately came to my mind once Konami was submitted there. Despite being popular on it's own as pointed out below, it's not actually in the same level as Metal Gear, Silent Hill and Castlevania.

Sparkster is the main protagonist of the Rocket Knight Adventures series, which was created for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive console by Nobuya Nakazato in 1993, who designed many Contra games such as Contra III: The Alien Wars, Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier. The first game later got three sequels; Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 on Genesis, Sparkster on SNES and a 2010 revival, Rocket Knight on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (One/Series X & S via backwards compatibility; was given for free via Xbox Live Gold months ago) and Steam.

The series became successful enough to inspire multiple indie games such as Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight, etc. and even got a very own story arc in Fleetway's UK-made comic book, Sonic the Comic, thus making Sparkster the only character who didn't originate from SEGA. It's soundtrack (some of which are composed by Akira Yamaoka herself of Silent Hill/Contra fame) is also very awesome and underrated to listen out, such as a well-known first stage theme (which was remixed for the 2010 game), a iconic boss theme, Lakeside from the SNES game, etc.

While he may look like a Sonic character, Sparkster's actually an opossum knight with a jetpack, so he's certainly not going to play dead to face off all of these armies consisting of pigs, robots, wolves, a literal counterpart of Death Star, etc. (all led by Emperor Devilgus Devotindos, King Gedol, Colonel Wolfheim and Generalissimo Lioness) to save the peaceful Kingdom of Zephyrus (ruled by King Zephyrus and Princess Sherry) and avenge his deceased adoptive father Mifune Sanjulo, who adopted him when he was a orphan, trained him in the way of the Rocket Knights and was killed by his rival, the corrupt "Black Knight", Axel Gear (who may potentially work as his alternate costume in this project).

As a fighter, Sparkster's playstyle/moveset focuses on his swordplay with a usage of his jetpack, having lots of mobility thanks to it, being very awesome at aerial combos with a fuel meter (which fills overtime and depletes depending on what attack button the player uses) and having various techniques such as:
  • Rocket Burst - Sparkster's signature move, in which he ignites his jetpack and charges in 8 different directions with his sword pointing forwards. When performing a diagonal Rocket Burst while hitting a wall, he will bounce/ricochet off it. For one of his Hyper Combos, Sparkster can perform a overdrive attack by charging up his jetpack and firing off super-fast, ricocheting himself all over the screen akin to Spider-Man's Maximum Spider.
  • Burst Drill - While performing a Rocket Burst by pressing any attack button, Sparkster will spin around like a drill for more damage, which briefly slows him down.
  • Burst Shot - Sparkster swings his sword forward, sending out a spinning crescent-shaped energy projectile. While a projectile itself is weak, it's quite fast and can be spammed repeatedly.
  • Burst Vortex - Sparkster will charge up his jetpack and then spins around in-place for a whle, able to hit multiple times and deflect projectiles back. The attack can also be done in the air.
  • Burst Assist - While in the air, Sparkster will ignite his jetpack in order to hover for a short period of time. This can be applied as a flight move akin to some characters like Iron Man in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.
  • Burst Beam - Sparkster holds his sword over himself while it shines with energy and then points it forwards, firing a barrage of crescent-shaped projectiles out of it, acting like a laser beam. This may obviously work the best as one of his Hyper Combos.
Besides all of these, Sparkster can also use the Flame Orb item from Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 for a flaming slash attack, his giant boxing mech, the Sparkrobo, to attack opponents from the background (like how it's implemented as Axel's Level 3 Hyper Combo in this deviant) and even being able to transform himself into Golden Sparkster (similar to Super Sonic) with Keys to the Seal (seven legendary swords), buffing himself for a short period of time with super armor, slight power boost, Burst Assist lasting for a much longer time and his Rocket Burst being both cancelable mid-flight and will bounce off walls three times than just once.
Aubrey, Pitch Perfect (District Twelve, 2012) "That was a really good start.! :)"
Hahaa just kidding. I'm not an Aubrey. I'm more of a
Palutena (SSBB) "You can thank Lord KonAmi for that little trick."
:pit:
"Lady Dark Lord GAol? What are you doing here?"

??!
Shelby Goodkind "&, Negative Energy. :)"
Pitch Perfect & Kid Icarus Uprising are very bad things.
SuperMaryFace "Okay, thanks. You can le-"

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright, I think enough time has passed to finally close submissions. Here’s what we’ve got:

Capcom:
Konami:
Vote for your top 3 from each company. And remember, you can only put your own submission in third place. Also here’s the roster size poll. Vote for your favorite number here:

That’s it from me. Vote away!

D

Deleted member

1. Mega Man
2. Morrigan
3. Dante

1. Alucard
2. Bomberman
3. Pyramid Head

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Leon Kennedy (He must assert dominance in more Creation Threads)
2. Dante (I'm not a Devil, but I May Cry if Dante doesn't get in eventually)
3. Mega Man Classic (Hasn't been in a Vs. game in a while I think, and I would like seeing him back personally)

1. Bomberman (Absolute Icon)
2. Pyramid Head (While I'm kind of sad voting him since the original creator absolutely despises him now, he's too huge to ignore, would be a glaring omission, and he would be cool to see)
3. Frogger (I couldn't think of anything funny or insightful or meaningful at all to describe my choice, so here's a frog impression: Ribbit)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Mega Man (he deserves to return in a Vs. Capcom game)
2. Captain Commando
3. Momotaru

1. Bomberman
2. Konami Man
3. Riou

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Capcom:
1. Dante
2. Mega Man (Classic)
3. Captain Commando

Konami:
1. Alucard
2. Bomberman
3. Konami Man

Our first round and it's already this tough?! This is gonna be a fun project.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. Leon
2. Morrigan
3. Mega Man Classic

1. Alucard
2. Bomberman
3. Bill Rizer

Also wanna give a quick shoutout to Captain Commando and Konami Man, which is quite frankly a genius matchup idea that needs to happen eventually.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Leon Kennedy
2. Morrigan
3. Dante

1. Pyramid Head
2. Frogger
3. Dracula

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Aaaaand that’s a wrap! First thing, here are the results for our character votes:

Capcom:
  • Morrigan: 16
  • X: 2
  • Momotaru: 1
  • Leon: 19
  • Monster Hunter: 0
  • Tron Bonne: 2
  • Dante: 19
  • Captain Commando: 8
  • Mega Man: 23
Konami:
  • Alucard: 16
  • Simon: 4
  • Bomberman: 26
  • Sparkster: 8
  • Pyramid Head: 8
  • Dracula: 7
  • Emi: 5
  • Riou: 1
  • Konami Man: 3
  • Bill Rizer: 5
  • Frogger: 8

So here’s the thing. Not to get too ahead of myself, but our roster size is looking to be on the larger end of the spectrum. Which means we’re likely gonna be in this for the long haul. Now I’m in no hurry to rush through this project, but considering how many slots we have left to fill, I think we can afford to add more characters than I usually would for this round. And most of these characters are ones I see inevitably getting in at some point, so best to knock em’ out sooner rather than later. This isn’t going to be a common occurrence or anything, but just this once we’re going to be adding four characters from these submissions.

Anyway yeah, our next two Konami characters will be none other than Bomberman and Alucard!!! Those are two of Konami’s most iconic faces out of the way right there, so we’re off to a strong start. As for Capcom, their next two characters will be Classic Mega Man and... ****, looks like Leon and Dante are tied for second place. Looks like we’re gonna have to do a tiebreaker. Vote for your favorite gun-slinging prettyboy here:

Speaking of ties... we also have a tie between 56 and 60 characters, which means we’re gonna have to do another tiebreaker poll. Vote for your favorite number here:

I’m prolly gonna let this go for a couple hours before starting the next job so I’ll see yall then. In the meantime, congrats to Speed Weed Speed Weed , airConditioner airConditioner , and AlteredBeast AlteredBeast for getting their submissions in the game!

Top Bottom