• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Jump Stars EX - A Shonen Jump Platform Fighter

How many characters should we include at launch?

Votes: 7 70.0%

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Shinigami Realm 7
Black Order European Branch 2
Deimon Practice Field 6

Our next stage will be the Shinigami Realm from Death Note!

Job 33: Submit an assist from a post 00s series
Submit an assist character that debuted from 2010 to 2022 and explain a bit about who they are, the series they're from, and how what they would do. They can be from any series.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

All Might (My Hero Academia - 2014)

From what I recall, people weren't particularly enthusiastic about him being playable, since he has the same power set as Deku, but given his importance to the series, I figure he should be in here as a support, at least.

All Might is a Superman-style symbol of peace and justice in the world of My Hero Academia, with a stature and power to match. For his level 2 Koma, he can use Detroit Smash, a punch powerful enough to create air pressure that can send someone flying.

For his level 3 Koma, he could use United States of Smash - it has less range than his other attack, as it's just a punch, but it's a punch that he's put every last bit of his strength into, making it extremely powerful.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, so this game has to at least have Black Clover in it...

Asta (Black Clover)

You thought My Hero Academia had an unfair ability gifting system? Buddy, sit down and get a load of Black Clover. In this universe, everyone is given a magic talent, but only the ones with the most magic are granted high status in society, and Asta here is the most extreme example. He has no magic, none, zip, zilch. Despite this, he vows to work his way up to becoming the esteemed Wizard King (which you will be reminded of again, and again, and again......... and again).

Oddly enough, him having no magic and being stupidly strong makes him uniquely qualified to use the Five-Leaf Grimoire and its accompanying Demon-Slayer Sword, since it saps mana out of whoever wields it AND it weighs a butt****ing ton. This sword has the properties of anti-magic, and it does exactly what you think it does: cancel out all magic it comes into contact with. And I mean ALL MAGIC because even right now in the manga as I'm typing this even the Big Bad Lucifero can be hurt by anti-magic.

As the story progresses he obtains 3 more swords (Demon-Dweller Sword, Demon-Destroyer Sword and Yami's Katana) and can transform into "Black Asta", but ehhhh that's going beyond the scope of an assist for now, so I'll leave that be :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Chitoge Kirisaki

A central character from the romantic comedy series Nisekoi, which started in 2011. The daughter of a powerful mob boss who must pretend to date the main protagnist in order to stop a mob war from breaking out. A bit of a tsundere, but with a good heart, Chitoge finds herself exploring her feelings over the course of the series. Nisekoi was super popular while it ran, it got a spin off novel series, an anime, and even a live action adaption a few years back. She was even in Mario Maker. When summoned she will run towards the opponent, slapping them and then laying a beat down. The idea of this girl beating up Goku or Kenshiro is very funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 33: Nico Wakatsuki (Witch Watch)

1643881595463.png

Nico is the main heroine of WITCH WATCH is an urban fantasy shounen manga by Kenta Shinohara (who also wrote SKETE DANCE) that began in early 2021. It's a comedy focused manga about a clumsy witch-in-training, Nico, and her ogre familiar and childhood friend Morihito.

Fitting to the style of her story and her own character, Nico will use one of the thousand spells at her disposal (just 5 in here) randomly when summoned. These moves are:
  • Broomflight: Nico jets back and forth through the stage in panic, flying on top of her broom and knocking opponents away.
  • Super Light: Nico reduces the weight of her summoner drastically, allowing them to move much faster but also making them easier to launch. This spell will temporarily make them heavier when it wears off.
  • Embiggen: Nico holds out a palm and makes her summoner bigger, giving them more weight and attack power at the cost of making them a bigger target.
  • Doublit: Nico separates herself into four child-sized versions of her, who all run around the stage and generally be a nuisance.
  • Witch Recovery: Nico heals her summoner for a set amount but also causes them to lose most of their attack power for a period.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sorry it took so long but we will now begin voting on our next assist. Your choices are:

Megadoomer Megadoomer All Might (My Hero Academia)
Zinith Zinith Asta (Black Clover)
@Darkonedagger Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
osby osby Nico Wakatsuki (Witch Watch)

You can vote for your top 2. Mine are:

1. Asta
2. Chitoge

D

Deleted member

1. Nico
2. Chitoge

Never seen Nico before but she seems neat and I'm all up for including a more recent character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Asta
2. All Might

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. All Might
  2. Nico
I like Asta but I'd rather have him fully playable.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
All Might 9
Asta 5
Chitoge 3
Nico 4

All Might will be added as our next assist.

Job 34: Submit a new character from a represented series

Similar gist to the last character job but you can only submit new characters, You can submit characters from the following series:
  • KochiKame
  • Dr. Slump
  • Fist of the North Star
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Gintama
  • D.Gray-man
  • Assassination Classroom
  • My Hero Academia
  • Demon Slayer
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Chainsaw Man
Additionally, you can add characters that have been in other Jump crossover fighters, just not the DS games.

Also, I apologize for taking so long between jobs, but I've kinda lost motivation to run this thread lately so updates are gonna a bit more irregular.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Younger Toguro (his full name is unknown) once competed in the Dark Tournament with Genkai, Yusuke's mentor, decades before the series began. The victors of the tournament get a wish, and Toguro and his older brother took this opportunity to wish to become demons, allowing them to stay in their prime for far longer than a human could. Calm and honourable, Younger Toguro enjoys nothing more than a good fight, holding back his power (and often announcing how much percent of it he's using) until his opponents prove themselves worthy of his higher levels of strength. (and the more strength that he uses, the more deformed he becomes, going from a normal looking human to this Doomsday-looking monstrosity)

Younger Toguro is mainly a brawler, though he can also send out waves of demonic energy and fire bursts of air as projectiles from something as simple as the flick of his fingers. Yusuke's final opponent in the series' big tournament arc, Toguro is prominent enough that he made playable appearances in both J-Stars Victory Versus and Jump Force.

EDIT: Quick summary of who can't be nominated due to this nomination being for a newcomer:

-Dr. Mashirito (Dr. Slump)
-Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
-Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
-Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
-Kagura (Gintama)
-Lenalee (D. Gray-Man)

...along with All Might, Jonouchi (due to being assists), and anyone who's already playable.

Anyone else from the series listed in Jondolio's post is fair game.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Job #34: Seto Kaiba

Seto Kaiba is the head of KaibaCorp, and a master Duelist. He serves as Yugi's rival throughout his whole journey, capable of dueling him on an equal level. He even set up the Battle City tournament, which was met with participation from several major Duelists. Kaiba's signature monster is the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, which he has three of. He can even fuse them to form the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. His other monsters include Battle Ox, Judge Man, and Vorse Raider, as well as a Fusion Monster called XYZ-Dragon Cannon. He uses numerous Spell and Trap Cards, such as Crush Card Virus, which can infect his opponent's Deck, and Negate Attack, to stop opponent attacks.​

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Nezuko
Job 10: Nezuko Kamado (Demon Slayer)
1637861609433.png
1637861609433.png

Tanjiro's younger sister. When her family was attacked by a powerful demon, she was the sole survivor (aside from Tanjiro who wasn't present and only found out when it was too late), and was turned into a demon. Despite this, she resisted the urge to consume human flesh, and Tanjiro vowed to turn her back into a human. After he officially became a demon slayer, Nezuko accompanied him from inside the basket on his back since demons are vulnerable to the sun, and whenever the need arose she would fight alongside him.

Aside from hand in hand combat and the like, Nezuko has her Demon Blood art, which is basically pyrokinesis. She can basically ignite everything on fire, including her own blood (though that might be difficult to translate into this game). She also has her attacks from the recent Demon Slayer fighting game which could be used in her moveset.

Shonen manga often feature few female characters, and even fewer that are actually competent. Being the heroine of Jump's big breakout hit, I feel like it makes a lot of sense to include Nezuko. She's a cute yet deadly character with a big fan following.
Submissions will remain open for a while longer

D

Deleted member

Bakugo
Deku's rival. MHA deserves a 2nd rep and he's a pretty obvious pick.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Inosuke
See the source image

Hey look, another rival character. Inosuke is one of the main characters in Demon Slayer and sees himself as a rival to the main character Tanjiro. Demon Slayer is so big that I think we can all pretty much argue it could have a second rep and I think Tanjiro would be a god choice given his relevance and popularity and his aggressive playstyle.

Top Bottom