• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates HiT Entertainment: Party Favorites (A HiT Entertainment Party Game)

What kind of game should the HiT Entertainment crossover be?

• Party Game (ala Mario Party-esque)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Kart Racer (ala Mario Kart-esque)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Cue HiT Entertainment logo playing.

As what you have seen on multiple SmashBoards Creates threads, we have seen some bizarre and super creative crossovers especially platfighter creation threads such as the Monster Smash, my PBS Kids: Brawltime!, Food Fight!, Bloons Blowout, etc.

Now, it's time for something a little different....

This time, we will be focusing on a more obscurer company that has American and British origins by the name of HiT Entertainment. The company that owned Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, Barney and Friends, Bob the Builder, Kipper the Dog, etc.

Therefore, with this in mind, this game creation thread will be a HiT Entertainment crossover video game albeit HiT now being a part of Mattel creations. The difference though is that this will not be a platfighter thread as we already have a multitude of those.

This thread will also be a little more relaxed as I run three threads already and have a busy life outside of the forums. If anyone is interested in co-running the thread, please send me a message.

ezgif-2-e6c9cc6151.png

Sir Topham Hatt (Thomas and Friends)
ddvq1lp-4a393a0c-72b9-4694-b7e7-7ce9672dad9e.png

Barney (Barney and Friends)
bob-the-builder-logo-F4BD435B70-seeklogo.com.png

Bob the Builder
ezgif-2-e1ee7ed132.png
Fireman Sam
Angelina1.png
Angelina Ballerina
hqdefault.jpg

Terence (The Rubbadubbers)

WIP

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Knapford (Thomas and Friends)

fb9bb533b836678a62a1e4519a8add80.png

The Park (Barney and Friends)

795bb7dd91e12328d568748ce430fcbf.jpg

WIP

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Now, for the first two jobs:

Job 1:

What kind of game genre should this crossover game be? You cannot submit platfighters as a genre.

Job 2:

Based on the genre you chose, how big should the roster size be for playable characters?

Get submitting!

My responses:

Job 1:

Party Video Game

Marioparty1.jpg

We do not have many party video game creation threads on SmashBoards so I feel a party game is most appropriate for a HiT crossover due to the non-violent nature of these characters. We can have boards exploring the Island of Sodor, Bobsville, the Rubbadubber's tub, etc. Also, the mini games can be based on episodes or even flash games from the HiT website.

Job 2:

For my party game idea, I feel like 15 playable characters is a good idea. A nice solid roster and not all franchises need to have characters to represent them to the fullest.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hello all,

I will leave Jobs 1 and 2 open for another day. I would love to hear everyone’s submissions and ideas! I know this is a niche topic but niche topics can be fun!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I added a poll above for what kind of game this should be? If party game wins, the roster will be 15 characters. If it's a kart racer, we will submit roster sizes. Now, onward to the discussion round:

Discussion Round:

Who should be the automatic additions into the roster? I already have an idea as to who some should be but I wanna hear everyone's input. Get discussing!

If the party game ends up winning, it will have 4 characters already on the roster. I feel the four it should be are:

Bob the Builder
Fireman Sam

All four of these characters are from long-running series that are iconic to British pop culture. I was considering Wishbone as the fourth automatic addition due to the fact there will be a new Wishbone movie soon but he is only a distribution only character for HiT.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so it seems we will be doing a party game! To start us off, we have 4 characters as I have mentioned before being

Bob the Builder
Fireman Sam

Now, onward to the next two jobs to get us started!

Job 3:

Submit a character to add to the roster. The character must be a HiT Entertainment character and you must explain why they deserve a slot for the party!

Job 4:

Submit a title for the crossover
party game!

Get submitting!

Job 3:

I will be submitting Angelina Ballerina

Angelina1.png

We need a female on the roster thus she should join. While her series is a tad obscure, she is there for her nostalgic fans to perform at the party!

Job 4:

HiT Entertainment: Party Favorites

I based this name off of the HiT Favorite DVDs that involved multiple shows and episodes on one disc related to a theme.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Sorry, I forgot about this thread but we are back. As you all may notice, I added both Angelina and Terence to the game so congrats to me and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, for the next job:

Job 5:

Submit boards for Sir Topham Hatt and Barney. Get submitting!

Sir Topham Hatt:

Knapford

fb9bb533b836678a62a1e4519a8add80.png

The Thomas universe has many locations but I feel the whole Island of Sodor may be too big for a board. So, Knapford seems fine. Players will start at the station, can loop to the shunting yards, even an Event Space can take the player to the beach or harbor located there. A simple board.

Barney:

The Park

795bb7dd91e12328d568748ce430fcbf.jpg

The main setting of Barney and Friends from the seventh season till the fourteenth season. You start at the caboose and you can traverse the park. Happenings there can include playground activities, interactions from the other Dinos, some event at the gazebo, etc. I feel this could make a great beginner board due to the small size of the park.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
blows dust off thread

Alright, I'm here to revive my own thread. In real life stuff has been causing me to only be able to run two threads but we're back. My boards for Sir Topham Hatt and Barney got in by default. Now, onward to our next two discussion questions to revive this thread!

Discussion Questions:

1. How should we handle
mini games? What should they be based off of?

2. How many boards should we have and how should they be distributed? Should it be one per franchise or one per character?

Get discussing!

Personally, I feel the minigames should be based off of the flash games on the various HiT Entertainment webpages. Maybe we can include minigames based off of bonus feature games and the liking. A good source of inspiration there.

For boards, I feel one per franchise works. Maybe we can have some extra for smaller franchises and such.

Top Bottom